Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

    Ursa
    HP: 0

    "Mister Bacon, we're here to get you out of here."
    Otso rushed the one holding the satellite phone, slamming his hands together from both sides of the teen to try and pin him after the initial shock.

    Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

    Comment


    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

      LONDON (Current and Fluxx; NPCs: Sprite)
      "If you're worried about them finding me, wouldn't the school be the first place they'd look? Lex, I can fly pretty fast... I could be anywhere on Earth in a matter of minutes. I could go somewhere they'd never find me, if that's what we need.

      "What about you, though? Will you be safe?" She looked to Martin. "And what about Elle? Abigail told me your sister was back there! Martin, if you're going back, I'll go with you!" Her expression turned to one of remorse. "I owe you that much... after everything that I've done... None of us would be in this mess if I hadn't..." She started to cry. "I couldn't stand to see Viktor suffer anymore! I'm sorry!"

      CHURCH (Violet; NPCs: Rose)
      Rose looked positively helpless. She looked from the van, to the church, and to Violet. "I... I think we..." Finally, she sighed a defeated sigh. "I don't know," she confessed. "I'm scared, Violet. When Vienna was attacked? That wasn't anything! Kas and I... we stopped those French boys, and we saved their hostages, but I never felt like I was in danger, you know? And those hostages? I didn't know them. It didn't matter what happened to them. Now, it's Mike, and despite what you think, I really..." She started to blush. "I like him, okay? He's nice to me. Back home... back home, they..." She ran the back of her hand over her eyes, stopping the tears that had started. "I'm scared and I don't know what to do, okay? All I know is... I won't let them hurt Mike. So, just... just do whatever."

      She dropped her voice to a mumble. "Tell me what to do, and I'll do it."

      BOMBO, INSIDE (Greystone and Ursa; NPCs: Bacon, Ibadi, Ja'fari)
      "Mister Bacon," Ursa roared as he charged at the youth in the white robe, "we're here to get you out of here." He slammed his hands down onto the youth's chest and flung him back. As he did, he felt the biting cold from the boy's frozen body. Still, the impact of the blow appeared to be enough to cause him to vanish from existence--another duplicate.

      Ja'fari charged past Ursa for his teammate. "American pig!" he spat as he swung wildly at Greystone. It looked like he'd put most of his strength behind that swing, and it looked like his rage had cost him: the blow easily missed Greystone.

      Originally posted by Michuru81
      Ibadi - Toughness - DC 25: 1D20+10 = [6]+10 = 16


      Ibadi's down. Ursa needs to make a DC 23 Toughness save against his energy aura, though.

      Jafari - Attack - Power Attack 4: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3
      That's a terrible miss on Jack. Jack is up.

      The Order, Round Two
      • Ursa (21)
      • Ja'fari (18)
      • Ibadi (17)
      • Greystone (14)
      Armada Status

      Comment


      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

        Violet Lear
        HP: 2

        Violet just looked at Rose for a moment. Before now, she had never considered that the Italian girl might actually like Mike. Or even that Rose had actual human feelings. "Balls to that. We're here and we're going to save Mike and Jakob from these racist morons. And anyone else they've got inside. You just get your plants ready for when they come out."

        Violet walked up to the door of the church and a sheet of ice formed on the ground around her, right up to the door. Then she pounded on it and screamed as loud as she could. "HELP! There's a speeb attacking me. Somebody HELP!" If that didn't bring them running, nothing would. Violet stepped aside from the door so anyone exiting would run past her and onto the sheet of ice.

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

          Alex "Current" Murphy
          HP: 2 CND: Normal

          Lex shakes his head, "I don't want them finding us here because it's too damn easy for them to shove us into a cell and deny ever seeing us. Not exactly something they'd be able to pull off so easy anywhere else."

          "Besides, half the reason for going there is to see Kas' Mom. I figure once we talk to the lawyers about this they'll be able to clear it so you don't have to go running and hiding for no reason, ok?"

          Lex sighed and wondered why everybody assumed he was a giant idiot.

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

            CHURCH (Violet; NPCs: Rose)
            "You just get your plants ready for when they come out."

            Rose nodded and then began to scan their surroundings. Flanking the front entrance of the church were a pair of English yew trees. "You'll do."

            The ground gave way as roots tore themselves free from their earthen prison. Slowly, the tree shambled to life, climbing out of the hole and making its way across the ground towards the pair of girls.

            "Let's do it," Rose said, looking to Violet.

            Violet walked up to the door of the church and a sheet of ice formed on the ground around her, right up to the door. Then she pounded on it and screamed as loud as she could. "HELP! There's a speeb attacking me. Somebody HELP!"

            A few moments later, the door opened and several people--all garbed in the same green coveralls--came charging out. Some had pulled down their masks; some were armed with weapons--bats, batons--one had a pry bar. When the first one hit the ice, he slipped and fell forward. The next one fell backwards onto his butt. The next one tripped over the second man and fell face-first on the ice.

            Many more were funneling through the hallway, stopping at the realization that rushing out was not doing them any good.

            "Let me through!" shouted a familiar voice. "Dammit, let me..."

            One of Crux's members pushed his way to the doorway and tore off his mask. Wolf stood at the church's threshold, looking down at the ice. "I know you're out there, Violet! Give up!"

            LONDON (Current and Fluxx; NPCs: Sprite)
            Sprite stared at the boy in bewilderment. "That... actually makes a lot of sense." She looked to Martin. "What about Elle?"
            Armada Status

            Comment


            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

              Violet Lear
              HP: 2->1

              Violet was almost enjoying the scene until Wolf showed himself. He was part of this?! Standing only a few feet away from him, her face twisted in rage. "You want me, you bastard? Here I am!" She stepped forward, onto the ice, with a sword made of ice in her hand. "If Jakob or Mike is hurt, I'm going to kill you." A stream of icy shards shot out pelting Wolf and the entire group behind him.

              HP to stunt:
              Blast 9(Touch Range, Cone Area) hitting Wolf and all behind him. Dodge DC19 and then Toughness DC24 or 19.

              Comment


              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                CHURCH (Violet; NPCs: Crux x9, Rose, Wolf)
                The shards of ice slashed through the coveralls Wolf and his new friends were wearing. All of them collapsed in the hallway.

                Originally posted by Michuru81
                Wolf - Reflex - DC 19: 1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16
                & Wolf - Toughness - DC 24: 1D20+2 = [5]+2 = 7
                Wolf is down!

                Crux - Reflex - DC 19: 1D20 = [7] = 7
                1D20 = [13] = 13
                1D20 = [14] = 14
                1D20 = [18] = 18
                1D20 = [11] = 11
                1D20 = [9] = 9
                DC 24 is an impossible Toughness save for the minions. All fall down.

                DC 15 Notice check from Violet will have her notice Wolf's missing his left hand at the wrist.
                Armada Status

                Comment


                • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                  Alex "Current" Murphy
                  HP: 2 CND: Normal

                  Lex sighs as he digs out a travel pack of Kleenex, passes it to Mira and deadpans with a small smile, "Oh come on, you don't have to look that surprised, do you?"

                  "As for Elle... I seriously doubt those guys could catch her if their lives depended on it. Maybe if they had a few weeks to prepare, and some serious backup, but by that point she'd have made her escape ages ago,"
                  Lex shrugs, "Honestly I think she'll be fine. It just would have been nice to bring her back with us, ya know?"

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                    Violet Lear
                    HP: 1

                    Violet looked down at the pile of Crux bodies and gasped when she saw Wolf's arm. Did Crux do that to him? Or was it Kuk's friends? Either way, it was only what he deserved. "Come on Rose. Let's find the boys." Before she went inside, she laid a layer of ice over all of them. She wasn't going to leave them a chance of getting away.

                    Heading inside, Violet kept her ice sword ready in case there were any stragglers waiting for them.

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                      Martin's eyes go wide when Lex suggests they go back to Vienna. They had not talked about that. As much as he'd love to see Tatjana again they'd hve to check that this wouldn't hurt anything with Dr. Fischer's exile deal.

                      His eyes go even wider when Lex suggests they talk to lawyers. The American boy knew they didn't actually DO anything didn't he?

                      "While Elle is under ze mental control of Lacuna she is probably not inclined to accompany us anywhere and I am quite certain she 'as ample capacity to elude capture. We should contact ze Vienna school administration and make certain our presence wouldn't cause damage to anyzing wiz regards to ze French government. As to lawyers, since ze British government can't admit to 'olding Abigail it's difficult to see 'ow we might face legal ramifications for freeing 'er."

                      "Shall I call forward to Vienna?"
                      Martin asks.

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                        Alex "Current" Murphy
                        HP: 2 CND: Normal

                        Lex grins, "Of course not. If we come, and we're not allowed, they yell at us and we leave after we do what we need to."

                        "I mean, we're just a bunch of stupid kids right? But if we ask and get a no and then do it anyways? Well, then we might actually get into real trouble."


                        Lex leans back and drawls, "Besides, we're going anyways. Am I right?"

                        "'Cause I don't know about you... No, I know that we all got people who we love that want to see and,"
                        He turns to Martin and even manages to look apologetic, "No offense man, but *#(@ france."

                        "And the only thing they've got that scares me? That'd be you."
                        He says with a grin, "And right now, seeing as you're in this with me? I like my odds."

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                          LONDON (Current and Fluxx; NPCs: Sprite)
                          "I need to know you're okay," Current said before hesitating. "And I need you to promise me that you'll go back to Vienna as soon as Martin lets you loose, and wait for us in the Wreck Room."

                          Fluxx's eyes went wide at the notion of returning to Vienna. As much as he yearned to see Tatjana again, he dreaded causing any undo damage to whatever reparations the headmistress was making to the French government.

                          Then again, in light of the American's new-found talent for running across great bodies of water, Tatjana was never truly out of reach--not so long as he could count on Current's wanting to be with Kirstie.

                          "We can talk there, but right now we need to moving."

                          "If you're worried about them finding me, wouldn't the school be the first place they'd look? Lex, I can fly pretty fast... I could be anywhere on Earth in a matter of minutes. I could go somewhere they'd never find me, if that's what we need."

                          "I don't want them finding us here because it's too damn easy for them to shove us into a cell and deny ever seeing us. Not exactly something they'd be able to pull off so easy anywhere else..."

                          "What about you, though? Will you be safe?" She looked to Martin. "And what about Elle? Abigail told me your sister was back there! Martin, if you're going back, I'll go with you!" Her expression turned to one of remorse. "I owe you that much... after everything that I've done... None of us would be in this mess if I hadn't..." She started to cry. "I couldn't stand to see Viktor suffer anymore! I'm sorry!"

                          Current dug out a travel pack of Kleenex and offered them to the senior with the smallest of smiles. "I seriously doubt those guys could catch her if their lives depended on it," he said. "Maybe if they had a few weeks to prepare, and some serious backup, but by that point she'd have made her escape ages ago. Honestly I think she'll be fine. It just would have been nice to bring her back with us, ya know?"

                          "While Elle is under ze mental control of Lacuna she is probably not inclined to accompany us anywhere and I am quite certain she 'as ample capacity to elude capture."

                          Hardly in a position to act obstreperous, Sprite nodded in agreement. "So, Vienna?"

                          "We should contact ze Vienna school administration and make certain our presence wouldn't cause damage to anyzing wiz regards to ze French government."

                          "Yeah," Sprite said, "maybe some place else...?"

                          "Half the reason for going there is to see Kas' Mom. I figure once we talk to the lawyers about this, they'll be able to clear it so you don't have to go running and hiding for no reason, okay?"

                          Fluxx fixed his teammate with a look of bewilderment. It was an expression he shared with Sprite. "That... actually makes a lot of sense," she said.

                          "Oh, come on!" Current exclaimed. "You don't have to look that surprised, do you?"

                          Recovering from his shock, Fluxx was starting to see more of the silver lining: "Since ze British government can't admit to 'olding Abigail it's difficult to see 'ow we might face legal ramifications for freeing 'er." The only obstacle, as he could see it, was the fallout from how they had handled Durendal. "Shall I call forward to Vienna?"

                          "Of course not," Current said, grinning like a madman. "If we come, and we're not allowed, they yell at us, and we leave after we do what we need to. I mean, we're just a bunch of stupid kids right? But if we ask and get a no and then do it anyways? Well, then we might actually get into real trouble. Besides, we're going anyways. Am I right?"

                          Sprite shrugged. "It would be nice to see Viktor..."

                          "We all got people who we love that want to see," Current said. He turned towards Fluxx and fixed him with his most apologetic look. "And, no offense, man but... *#(@ France. The only thing they've got that scares me? That'd be you, and right now--seeing as you're in this with me? I like my odds."

                          CHURCH (Violet; NPCs: Rose)
                          As Violet stepped over the unconscious bodies of several members of Crux, Rose bid her plant golem to bend down and make a bridge across the ice for her. Inside, she hurried to catch up with Violet. It wasn't hard to find her: she just followed the same agonizing moans the English girl was.

                          She descended the stairs and turned the corner, going down a few more before coming into the basement. Violet was standing up ahead, standing in the threshold of the next room. Rose hurried to catch up to her. When she had, she saw inside the room. The color drained from her cheeks. Her legs felt like jelly. She could barely stand. Catching herself on the frame of the doorway, she wanted to cry and scream and gasp all at the same time. Inside, she emptied her stomach on the floor of the church.

                          The room sported four surgical tables. There was an older boy--maybe nineteen or twenty--shackled to one furthest left. On his left was Mike, followed by Jakob. Next to him was a young man with green, scaly skin. He must have been in his mid-twenties. Another man was chained the wall opposite them.

                          In the center of the room was a laptop. Four cameras flanked it--one aimed at each of the surgical tables, and wired into it.

                          All of the men had been stripped naked. The young man on the left and Mike had gauze packed between their legs. Blood was splattered onto their stomachs and thighs.

                          They were the source of the wailing.

                          "Violet," said Jakob urgently, "you haf to get out of here. It's Volf, Violet! He's insane! He..." Tears streamed down his face. "Violet, you... Mein Gott..."
                          Armada Status

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

                            Ursa
                            HP: 0
                            Cnd: Staggered and Stunned


                            Otso staggered back in surprise from the intense cold, whatever retort he had to offer for Ja'bari dying on his lips.
                            Toughness Save: 1D20+10 = [1]+10 = 11. Staggered and Stunned, right?
                            Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                              Martin looks to the asbestos-restrained Mira. "Before I release you, just to cover our bases, please promise us you will go strait to ze Vienna N.V. Academy, zen promise us zat once you get zere you won't let any external mental commands dictate your actions, please."

                              if and when he gets such a promise he dissolves the bindings. He'll use the same Helium-laced trenchcoat set-up with Lex and prepare for the run to Vienna.

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                                Greystone:
                                [Jack Rexroth]
                                HP: 2

                                Ja'fari charged past Ursa for his teammate. "American pig!" he spat as he swung wildly at Greystone. It looked like he'd put most of his strength behind that swing, and it looked like his rage had cost him: the blow easily missed Greystone.

                                The American didn't even need to dodge Ja'fari's attack, and Jack didn't waste anytime taking advantage of the opening the wild punch had left him. As his fist hit the stone teen in the kidney he answered back. "Oink, oink #%$&@*!"



                                OOC:
                                ______________
                                Melee Attack (Power Attack -4/+4): _: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 =20, should that hit that'll be a Toughness DC 27.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X