Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

    Alex "Current" Murphy
    HP: 2 CND: Normal

    Lex nods grimly.

    "Better us than them."

    Comment


    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

      Lex hadn't said anything about his complicity in duping Mira. Given how he was not receptive to trying a sham on Kirstie earlier Martin could deduce that such duplicity was not his forte. Fluxx knew what he wanted to do but it depended on Mira's response to the previous attack. From their concealed position Fluxx watched Mira's reactions.


      If she was still heading to the building 'Abigail' would run, screaming, out of the stairwell door and off the roof to plummet to her death, unless Mira could intervene. Martin knew it would hurt if he hit the ground but he couldn't risk the ruse and he couldn't phase and fly while disguised. He just hoped it would work.

      [does Lex have a commlink without a suit? Umm is Mira still on fire?]
      Last edited by flynnarrel; 19th June 2015, 05:11 PM.

      Comment


      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

        Alex "Current" Murphy
        HP: 2 CND: Normal

        Lex shook his head,
        "I can try, but I'm not very good at lying. If we make it look frantic enough maybe she won't question."


        OOC: Missed something? Not I! *innocent whistle*

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

          The Blue Knight

          Up in the sky, Gwyn adjusted his sunglasses-glare was a lot more of a concern up here. He let out a little sigh. "Mags. Shakespeare is fun. Football is exciting, innit? This is a little more important than that-and stakeouts with Paladin taught me about patience. Well, they taught-I may not have learned all that I could, ya?"

          He looked down at the hospital, squinting as he considered something. "Let's just hope none of the UUB that Otso met are there. I'd fancy they'd remember him."
          [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

            Magnitude
            Kasimir Flaegler
            HP 3


            Kas blanched slightly at the mention of the UUB. "Gott. That has disaster written all over it. All it would require to make it perfect is an appearance by killer mages and an extra-dimensional doppleganger."

            His lips twist in disgust. "The sad thing is, I only wish I was joking."

            Comment


            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

              Ursa
              HP: 2 -> 1

              Otso's eyes grew wide as he recognized the man by the entrance. He hurriedly moved one hand to shield his face, pretending to shield his eyes from the glare of the sun as his other hand grabbed Jack by the arm to steer them away from the hospital. He whispered in hurried German to his teammates. <<"One of the UUB commanders is at the front entrance, the smoke-teleporter.">>]
              Stealth: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8
              , HP to reroll: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23
              Otso's Bluff is +2, should that be the correct skill to apply in this situation.
              Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

              Comment


              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                Greystone:
                [Jack Rexroth]
                HP: 1

                Otso's eyes grew wide as he recognized the man by the entrance. He hurriedly moved one hand to shield his face, pretending to shield his eyes from the glare of the sun as his other hand grabbed Jack by the arm to steer them away from the hospital. He whispered in hurried German to his teammates. <<"One of the UUB commanders is at the front entrance, the smoke-teleporter.">>
                Jack followed Otso's lead. <<"Then let's not screw around. Odds are some of the others are here then, or damn close with him being here.">>

                As they moved in the American also subtly activated his commlink. <<"Heads up, one of the UUB commanders is at the hospital. The teleporter.">>

                Comment


                • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                  Lex and Martin had entered the top floor, found the stairs up to the roof and were waiting inside the stairwell watching through the windowed door to observe the immolation and happenings. (They avoided actually showing themselves on the roof in case Mira would spot them.)

                  As Mira turned toward the door access but before she made to blow it off it's hinges with her ionized powers, Fluxx-Abigail leans to Lex, "I'll try to draw her off and sedate her, if it doesn't work you need to stun her, whether she's holding me or not. Even if she fulfills this promise she'll be compelled to fulfill them all and I won't be able to predict where she'll go next. This *needs* to end here, Lex. Oh, and you may need to follow and catch us." s/he pleads. S/he pushes Lex into the shadows then Fluxx-Abigail bursts from the stairwell screaming her head off, glancing in panicked fits back at the doorway so she doesn't see how close she is to the edge of the roof. S/he trips on the low crenelation and plummets over the side of the building, terrorized screams renewing.
                  On the way over Fluxx manipulates the top layer of his skin to a contact deoxygenator not dissimilar to carbon monoxide in silent effects.

                  Fatigue 5, [Cumulative], Aura, Subtle, Insidious. DC 15 Fort
                  It's not the most virulent thing he can do but, but it's effects would be harder to shake off (Daze they get a save every round whereas Fatigue they still have to 'recover normally' with an hour of rest.
                  Hopefully prolonged contact will work it's way into her system and maybe she's already Fatigued herself either getting here or in the rescue attempt.

                  In the unlikely event of Mira falling unconscious during initial contact, Fluxx is prepared to wrap himself around Mira and take the brunt of the impact himself.

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                    The Blue Knight

                    Gwyn took off his shades for a moment, rubbing at the bridge of his nose. "I really shouldn't said nothing, ya?"

                    He clicked on his comlink, speaking low. "Copy that, we're ready to swoop in if things get hot. Once you got Bacon, no need to be subtle, innit?"
                    [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                      Magnitude
                      Kasimir Flaegler
                      HP 3


                      Speaking to Otso and Jack in his native tongue, Kas radioed down. "While I don't put it past the UUB to block any other exits, maybe there is a back door to the building or a loading dock that can be used for ingress. Even a backwater hospital like this must move in equipment that can't fit through the front doors. Sure, I don't expect any sort of MRI or X-Ray set up, but unless this is a really primitive operation, they've got to bring in bottled water and linens through an entrance that won't interfere with patient traffic."

                      "Regardless, almost every architect or builder designs multiple paths of ingress into a building, barring things like emergency bunkers and the like."
                      Last edited by Horsenhero; 22nd June 2015, 03:17 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                        VAUXHALL CROSS: TOP FLOOR (Current and Fluxx; NPCs: Sprite)
                        "Is Mira's immolation of your doing?"

                        "If she does not turn away immediately," Jones said, "we will be forced to put her down."

                        "They're just going to $#*@ing kill her," Lex snarled. "I don't think we've got time for Plan A, Ma-Fluxx. I'm going to try and talk her down over the comm. K-er-Parabola beat mind control, maybe she can too."

                        "She might not have a comm on her," Fluxx said. She'd been wearing her school uniform when she left Tokyo. Unless she'd been carrying her communicator, it was doubtful she'd have it.

                        "Thank you for speaking with me, Jones." The situation was dire but there was always time for being nice. "The girl's compelled to fulfill a promise. Maybe she doesn't even have to get inside. If I can make her believe her that I, Abigail, escaped... Lex, do you think you can help me convince Mira? Say you rescued me and you need her to fly me to safety? Or do you think it best just to stay out of it?"

                        "I can try, but I'm not very good at lying." Lex peered out through the small window in the door to the roof: Mira was on the roof, crawling towards the door. Her uniform was still burning. She was making no effort to smother out the flames. She was compelled to do nothing but keep her promise. "If we make it look frantic enough maybe she won't question."

                        "I just need to get close enough, I'll work to sedate her. That means not firing at her, please. Just let her get to the roof. If our deception doesn't work..." S/He pauses and swallows hard. "Lex and I will subdue her."

                        "Better us than them," growled Current.

                        "I'm not authorized to make any promises," Jones said. "We have agents outside--agents who will kill her to protect what we have here."

                        "I'll try to draw her off and sedate her. If it doesn't work you need to stun her, whether she's holding me or not. Even if she fulfills this promise she'll be compelled to fulfill them all and I won't be able to predict where she'll go next. This needs to end here, Lex. Oh, and you may need to follow and catch us."

                        Pushing Current into the shadows, Fluxx-Abigail burst from the stairwell, screaming and flailing excitedly. With Mira unable to save herself until she saved Abigail, this could not wait any longer, he realized.

                        Fluxx gave the performance of his life: looking back towards the doorway, in fear of an imaginary pursuit. He dashed past Mira, tripped on the low crenelation, and tumbled over the ledge, leaving a trail of bloodcurdling screams in his wake.

                        On the way over Fluxx manipulates the top layer of his skin to a contact deoxygenator not dissimilar to carbon monoxide in silent effects. He looked back to see Mira coming for him. She threw herself over the roof and--diving after him--extinguished the flames on her uniform. As she reached to catch Fluxx-Abigail, a woman's voice whispered in Fluxx's ear.

                        "Gabrielle Curie is on the seventh floor." He quickly realized that it wasn't across the communicator. It was a sensation he'd come to associate with Emily Adler's abilities: someone was speaking to him telepathically. "She is posing as an agent. Please, help me."

                        Suddenly, he was reminded of what Jason had told him on his last morning as a student of the New Vindicators Academy of Europe: "However, what you did not allow Rembrandt to tell you was that he was able to locate Tallemaja. She's in London. Why, if she is capable of shielding Elle from that spell, would she choose not to shield herself?"

                        Was this it? Was this the site of Tallemaja's next scheme? Were Tallemaja and Elle both hiding inside MI18?

                        Mira's arms wrapped around Fluxx. "Don't worry, Abigail!" she shouted as she began to pull up, prepared to fly from London at her top speed. "I'm going to get you out of here!"

                        Originally posted by Michuru81
                        Sprite - Fortitude - DC 15: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15
                        Of course she makes it.

                        Hero point to Martin.
                        VAN (Violet; NPCs: Rose)
                        "Is... is there anyone else here? Hello?"

                        "Violet?" It was Rose's voice. A shape started to stir--a shadow inside of shadows. "Violet, what's going on? What happened!?! Where are we!?!"

                        She sounded hysterical.

                        BOMBO: GROUND (Greystone, Ursa)
                        Ursa's quick thinking had done the trick: Larry had not spotted them.

                        Slipping inside, the two made their way down the halls of the hospital. Armed, child soldiers were posted every few yards.

                        Bringing a handkerchief to his face, Greystone played at blowing his nose. In reality, he was shifting his nose to try and pick up on Doctor Bacon's scent. It was weak, but he had it.

                        Leading Ursa through the halls of the hospital, Greystone took him to the stairwell. Bacon's scent was coming from below them, but two guards were flanking the door. Others were down the hall.

                        Before either could make a move, the door opened, and three figures emerged: one was a boy--about twelve, by the look of him. The snub-nosed, flat-browed boy was dressed in an expensive looking suit that he had to have been hot in. Strangely, he didn't seem at all uncomfortable in this heat.

                        The next one, Greystone knew. A Middle-Eastern boy closer to Jack's age, his muscular physique showed through his thawb. A keffiyeh topped his skull. Greystone had fought him the last time he had come to the Dark Continent: he was Ja'fari, a member of Al-Akhwan.

                        Lastly was a man Greystone only knew from the briefing Newton and Ursa had given them before leaving: Jimmy Udall, another of the commanders in the UUB.

                        Looking at them, Greystone realized something was off: with Jimmy Udall, he saw the same blood drop he always saw when he looked at a Neo-Sapien, but there was something about the other two...

                        Ja'fari was marked by a test tube, while the boy... It looked like thought bubbles--the word balloon sometimes used in comics to show what someone was thinking.

                        Originally posted by Michuru81
                        That is an impossible notice for Larry.

                        Hero point to Jack for Al-Akhwan's involvement.
                        Last edited by Michuru81; 23rd June 2015, 07:58 AM. Reason: Jack's Sight
                        Armada Status

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                          Greystone:
                          [Jack Rexroth]
                          HP: 2

                          When he saw Ja'fari alongside Udall, Jack cursed as he led Otso on down the hallway. "This ain't good." He said under his breath as he activated his communicator. "There is a big guy that is part of Al-Akhwan, and probably doesn't like me very much. His name is Ja'fari and he tranforms his body into onyx stone; he's super strong and tough like that."

                          "The good news is that I've got a idea where Bacon is; down a floor. But we've got to get past Ja'fari, two others and the guards on the door.
                          Going around the corner where another hall intersected the one they were in, Jack considered what the images he saw above the three men. He knew that Ja'fari had been born in a lab, made by Jihad as part of his plan to create NS soldiers for his holy war, so that explained the test tube and he also knew that Udall was a NS which explained the blood drop he'd been seeing over the heads of the majority of the other students at the school.

                          But the suit wearing boy, who had the thought bubble over head puzzled him. In comics those showed what someone was thinking, their private thoughts so why was Jack's mind....then it dawned on him - Emily Adler was psychic who could read minds and in comics their powers were often shown like thought bubbles.

                          "I think Undal is with him and some kid in a suit that might be a psychic of some kind."






                          OOC:
                          ___________________
                          IANAI Roll (best thing I could think of to roll): _: 1D20+0 = [19]+0 =19, I'm figuring that should be a good enough roll for Jack to figure out the meaning of what he saw (granted I'm making an educated guess based on a way old private conversation between me & Mich that I kind of remember).
                          Last edited by Tattooedman; 23rd June 2015, 10:41 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                            "Oh thank goodness!" Abigail says, the relief at being caught did not need to be faked. She closed her arms around Mira's neck and shoulders to hold on tighter against the flight, and giving the contact poison more chances to work. Then Emily's message struck.

                            Merde!


                            Tallemaja? And who was this other telepath? Martin's mind raced. If Lacuna-controlled Elle was here that can't be good. And given the lethal inclinations of this agency could he risk exposing her? He had to. Tallemaja's plans could spell doom for the world and Elle wouldn't want that, would she? Well, Martin had to admit that Elle wasn't exactly right in the head even before she was possessed by Jason's sister. And what about the question of her existence as a being? In any event her current plans had to be stopped. And he had to trust the Curie constitution to see his sister through.

                            Knowing that the commlinks are continued to be monitored, s/he continues. "Are you with the other? A shapeshifter named Gabrielle Curie is on the 7th floor, posed as a guard. Do you have to go back and get her out so they don't hurt her?" That last was meant for Lex, but he figured he was giving the agents fair warning. "She thought a psychic was opposing her. What if this psychic does something with foreign commands in your mind? You have to promise me you'll fight off any mental influence, Mira. Please! This is the most important thing." He hoped this worked.
                            Last edited by flynnarrel; 23rd June 2015, 12:11 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                              Magnitude
                              Kasimir Flaegler
                              HP 3


                              Kas listened to Jack and felt a rising tide of inevitability in their situation. "Unglaublich. We have...collectively...the worst luck. Knight, do you think you could take out the teleporter in one blow?"

                              "I don't like the fact that the psychic is an unknown quantity, but we can deal with a man who can turn to stone. If the teleporter is available for exfiltration though, they could grab Dr. Bacon and flee to any number of locations unknown to us. I don't know about you, but I find that an option that should be denied them."


                              Under normal circumstances, Kas would already be moving against the man loitering outside the front doors of the hospital, but his powers weren't key to the short term success of his plan and after the disastrous results of the last time he was arrogant enough to start giving orders, he wasn't going to push his classmates to do anything.

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #19: The $64,000 Question

                                Violet Lear
                                HP: 4


                                At the sound of Rose's voice, Violet groaned. "Great, it's even worse than I thought." Rose's panic did nothing to help settle her mind. She strained to remember what happened. They had been at the cafe, eating. The food! "You got free cake too didn't you? Someone must have done something to it. It could be the men who went after you before." The van hit another bump bouncing Violet roughly. She tried not to think about what Lex said those men did with the girls they took.

                                "Well, we're just going to have to get free, aren't we? Can you move?"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X