Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

    Fluxx eyed the inevitable storm of steel that was coming for him. He nodded at nothing in particular and crossed his arms, his form turning into golden apple jello.

    "Let ze surround me. Zen increase gravity, but not so much zey break ze floor." Fluxx warns. "Zorne, you can be back-up immobilizer for any zat resist ze Gravity field."

    Immunity (half effect), Sustained Duration: All Physical Damage, Feat: Withstand Damage, Evasion (bringing it to Evasion 2 when allowing transmutable cells)
    Use withstand damage to have -3 defense, +3 toughness

    Comment


    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

      Violet Lear
      HP: 1


      "I can get her temperature lower than that!" Violet pointed and a stream of ice shot out, seeking to envelop the stubborn woman.

      Snare attack with aid from Larrikin: 1D20 + 11 = [12]+11 = 23 I believe that will hit for a Reflex DC 16.

      Comment


      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

        Magnitude
        Kasimir Flaegler
        Condition: -1 Bruised
        HP 1 LP 0


        Kas flashed Martin a victory sign in response to his strategic request and then simply waited for the swords to close in. As soon as they got close to the transmuter, Kas lashed out with his gravity control, targeting the swords to slam them to the floor...though hopefully not through the floor. After a specific request not to, actually making that mistake would be incredibly embarrassing...if entirely apropo for the day.

        Just to reiterate, Kas' Gravity Control is a Ranged, Area Burst, Selective Attack at rank 8. So the swords have to make a DC18 reflex save, then either a check against a strength 20 (reflex made) or strength 40 (reflex failed) to see if they can move.
        Last edited by Horsenhero; 8th January 2015, 11:13 PM.

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

          ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Parabola)
          Parabola made a face. "I think it's my powers," she said. "They... they sort of... evolved. I was fighting the swords, and I was in dire need, and they-" She trailed off as a fit of coughing took her. Her legs wavered. She almost collapsed to the floor, only to catch herself on the wall.

          Once she was stable, she slowly moved her hand from her side, showing her boyfriend the wound she'd been given. "One of them almost ran me through," she said weakly. "Lex, if my powers won't let anyone touch me... how are they going to stop the bleeding?"

          JOSEFSTADT (Greystone and Ursa; NPCs: Eiron, Fey, Gae'bolg, Lluvia, Manticore)
          "I think so," Lluvia said. Again, he closed his eyes. The corners of his mouth began to turn up as the weather calmed. "Yesterday, I probably couldn't, but today?"

          Manticore clapped sarcastically. "Congratulations," he said dryly, "you can do what everyone other than Matt Meyers can do. So, anyone have any other bright ideas?"

          ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current, Fluxx, Magnitude; NPCs: Thorn)
          Unaware of the totality of Fluxx's powers, Thorn moved to provide him with another layer of protection: she hurled seeds to the floor around him and swiftly made them bloom into a ring of writhing vines. A moment later and she had woven them together to form a barrier around him.

          The swords--still focused on Fluxx--had no choice but to hack away at the vines, leaving them easy prey for Magnitude to pick off.

          Originally posted by Michuru81
          Thorn will Create Object. Magnitude does his thing.

          Swords' Reflex save (DC 18): _: 1D20 = [11] = 11


          Swords' Strength check (DC 20): _: 1D20 = [1] = 1


          You're good, gentlemen.
          PRATER (Blue Knight and Shiver; NPCs: Catargi, Diamond Dust, Felsic, Larrikin, Mezzanine, Ogre, Quintessence)
          As frost began to creep up Adela's body, pinning her to the spot, Larrikin lunged for her. The ice surrounding the girl was slick, and he nearly lost his footing. The ice similarly seemed to impede Mezzanine's attempts to grab the young woman, as it did Catargi's. In the end, only Adela's brother seemed proficient enough to hit her: Candyman charged forward and landed a right cross into the side of his sibling's face. The blow almost knocked her down--indeed, it seemed Shiver's ice was responsible for keeping Adela on her feet.

          There was no time to celebrate, however: grass grew and twisted around Larrikin's limbs. "How's about a trade?" Robor asked. "Let the lass go, and I won't tear yer daft friend here limb from limb."

          Originally posted by Michuru81
          The Order: Round Thirteen
          • Quintessence (24 [+7]): Bruised x2, Staggered
          • Maze (24 [+7])
          • Shiver (24 [+6])
          • Larrikin (24 [+5]): Bruised, Entangled (-2 to attack and defense, -4 to Dex, anchored), Fatigued (2 to Str and Dex, 1 to attack and defense, and cannot move all out)
          • Skew (22)
          • Mezzanine (22)
          • Felsic (20): Bruised, Injured, Staggered, Disabled
          • Adela (17): Bruised, Entangled (-2 to attack and defense, -4 to Dex, anchored), Staggered, Stunned (Candyman, R13)
          • Catargi (9 [+5])
          • Candyman (9 [+1])
          • Robor (8)
          • Blue Knight (7 [+6])
          • Diamond Dust (7 [+1])


          Adela's Reflex save (DC 16): _: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15
          Fails by 1.

          Larrikin will again attempt to aid: _: 1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3
          He fails too.

          Skew will begin to deflect.

          Mezzanine will try and grapple: _: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9
          And fail.

          Felsic will continue to be useless.

          Adela will try to grab Maze: _: 1D20+10 = [3]+10 = 13
          And fail.

          Catargi will swipe at Adela: _: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11
          Fail.

          Candyman will... I guess try to punch her in the face? _: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
          Not only does someone succeed, but he blows it out of the water.

          This is where things get poopy. My computer blue screened while writing this up, and I lost a roll. It was Skew's Deflect. He rolled a 10. With his +10, he doesn't beat Vlad's roll. Hopefully, you guys won't have a problem taking my word for this, and letting me roll Adela's Toughness save (DC 27): _: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17
          Fails by 10.

          Robor will try to Snare Larrikin: _: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20
          Larrikin's Reflex (DC 24): _: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19


          BK's up.
          Armada Status

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

            Alex "Current" Murphy
            HP: 0 CND: Exhausted, Injured 2

            Lex
            forced himself to smile and look confident, trying to hide the panic wreaking havock in him, "Hey, I know a Frenchman upstairs who can do anything, remember? And, well... I got a plan B, but you're really not going to like it."

            "Assuming your powers work about the same... well, they ain't perfect, ya know?"
            Lex pointed out.

            He and Kristie had spent enough time around each other to know how their powers worked. Martin and Jack had the best chance of flattening him in a straight up fight, but Kirstie was the one person in the school who knew every one of his weak points. She could probably put him down even without the amazing superpowers backing her up.

            "We just work on plan C, alright?" He looked around for a moment, "I'll find you a some bandages and a wheelchair. I mean, we're in a hospital, they gotta have those. You'll just have to bandage yourself up and I'll get you to Martin, okay?"

            Comment


            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

              Ursa
              HP: 0

              Otso shot Manticore a stern look. "You know, as someone recently lacking control over his powers, I've found that I have even less patience for petty barbs than before. Why don't you take your own advice and shut up Manticore, if you have nothing productive to add?"
              Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

              Comment


              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                Violet Lear
                HP: 1


                Violet knew right away that Larrikin was in considerably more danger than Adela. She also knew they couldn't trust the man to keep his word about anything. "Call the whole thing off and we'll let you all go!"

                Comment


                • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                  Fluxx nodded at Thorne gratefully. He hadn't been looking forward to soaking up that many slashes.

                  Seeing the swords immobilized he flowed through the protective barrier and began applying a light touch to each of the swords. He had seen how cracks or breaks in the overall form of the objects caused their patterns to destabilize and they blink out of existence. Fluxx just had to corrode holes in each one before they broke free of Magnitude's ensnarement.

                  "Excellent work!" he congratulated the other students with him as he set about his task.

                  starting the process of touch-range coup-de-gras with corrosion power. If it helps I with Heroic feat Takedown in order to get them all quickly.

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                    The Blue Knight

                    Gwyn had got about half of what plant man had said. But that got him through the other half. Like the second season of The Wire.

                    "You hurt our friend, we hurt yours. Nobody gains nawt. Clear out while you can, Irish."

                    Gwyn will hold his action. If Robor doesn't release Larrikin, I'll roll an attack against Pa O'Shae.
                    [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                      ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Parabola)
                      Current dashed off, retrieving a wheelchair. In no time he had it loaded with gauze, bandages, antiseptic--everything he could think to get, he got--and hurried it back to her.

                      She hesitated before reaching down and grabbing the hem of her blood-stained blouse, only to hesitate again before taking it off. She stood in the hall clad only in jeans and a bra. "Any, uh... any chance you could find me a robe or something?"

                      Taking the gauze and bandages, Parabola moved to patch herself up as best she could.

                      JOSEFSTADT (Greystone and Ursa; NPCs: Eiron, Fey, Gae'bolg, Lluvia, Manticore)
                      Manticore didn't react to Ursa's words: he just continued to glare at Lluvia.

                      "We need a plan of attack," Fey said. "The storm will keep us from seeing, but a handful of you..." She started to trail off as she realized Lluvia's storm wasn't the only one dissipating. "...kids can... track... by scent..."

                      The sandstorm ended. "Did anyone do anything?" she asked incredulously.

                      PRATER (Blue Knight and Shiver; NPCs: Candyman, Catargi, Diamond Dust, Felsic, Larrikin, Maze, Mezzanine, Ogre, Quintessence, Robor, Skew)
                      Robor looked stunned by Shiver's offer. "Ye know my boyo--Randy O'Shae? What he can do? We'll exchange them at the same time. As soon as I touch Adela, I'll be lettin' go of the Aussie. Adela and I'll leave through a tree. Skew'll cover us--least any of you get any thoughts about trying to go back on our arrangement..."

                      Some of the others didn't looked pleased with such an arrangement, but with Larrikin caught, there was little they could do. The New Vindicators stood down and watched as Robor took Adela. Robor released Larrikin.

                      All three villains vanished.

                      ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Fluxx, Magnitude; NPCs: Thorn)
                      In no time at all, the trio of New Vindicators had put down all of the swords.

                      Originally posted by Michuru81
                      Thinks might seem a bit anti-climactic here. I saw Shock and Eld's posts, saw a decent way out, and thought that would wrap things up: Robor taking Adela away, then leaving with Haboob too. Skew likewise will escape.
                      Armada Status

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                        The Blue Knight

                        The Welsh boy's hands balled into fists. His lips curled behind the azure flames. "C*@! it." He spat.

                        "I'll look for anyone injured, in need a' help." Hopefully Candyman's sister hadn't hurt too many people before they got here.

                        Gwyn took to the skies, eyes and ears sharp for those injured in the wreckage of this once happy place.
                        [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                          Alex "Current" Murphy
                          HP: 0 CND: Exhausted, Injured 2

                          Lex waged a failing war against a smirk as he asked, "Do I have to?"

                          He turned to the side to give her a little privacy, since this wasn't the only time this opportunity would come up if he played his cards right. And honestly that cut really took all the fun out of seeing her undressed.

                          He started to pull off his jacket to offer it to her only to realize how badly it had fared in the fight. It was covered in blood and had large nasty cuts through it. He grimaced.

                          "One second," he zipped through the rooms again and found clean hospital gown, and reappeared at her side holding the clothing out for her.

                          "We better get moving, if Martin moves on before we get back it's going to make things... difficult," Lex frowned, "And he's not going to hang around here very long after they deal with those swords."

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                            Violet Lear
                            HP: 1

                            Violet wasn't even sure how they would go back on the arrangement. How would they follow Skew? Or someone that could travel through plants?
                            When the villains disappeared, she slumped. It had been by far the most conflict she'd ever been a part of. "Is everyone here all right?"

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                              Magnitude
                              Kasimir Flaegler
                              Condition: -1 Bruised
                              HP 1 LP 0


                              Kasimir felt a degree of satisfaction when the final sword was dispatched. This confrontation had gone as planned, which was a first for today. Still, there was more to do. Shifting his jaw in his helmet, he keys his communicator.

                              "This is Magnitude...Fluxx, Thorn and I have disposed of the swords. Where else can we be of assistance?"

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                                Violet Lear
                                HP: 1


                                Violet had forgotten the communicator. It reminded her how much more she had to get used to. "Er... Robor took Adela, um... Ogre, and left. And Skew left too."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X