Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

    Alex "Current" Murphy
    HP: 0 CND: Exhausted, Injured 2

    Lex
    managed an impressed laugh, and grinned, "Really? Man, if you can pin them to the ground I will bake you a god damn cake!"

    "Problem is they don't care about us, they won't chase us. Tried it, but they just went back to what they were doing. I think this is the biggest area we're going to get."

    Comment


    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

      Magnitude
      Kasimir Flaegler
      HP 1 LP 0


      Kas nodded at Lex's explanation. "Then we take our time. We split up, with Lex and Martin each teaming up with Rose or me and we work our way through the building. Rose and I will immobilize the swords and the pair of you can destroy them. Once we've cleared the hospital of them we'll lend aid to any other group that needs our assistance."

      "Does this sound workable to you?"


      This time, he was going to ask the opinion of his more experienced classmates. At the beginning of this multi-pronged assault, he'd just given orders and in retrospect, it appeared he'd made bad decisions in nearly every instance. It was a humbling experience, but one he was determined to learn from.

      Comment


      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

        Alex "Current" Murphy
        HP: 0 CND: Exhausted, Injured 2

        Lex
        winces, "Sounds cool... except I think, uh, maybe that all of the swords are coming here..."

        He gives another glance at Martin.

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

          ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current, Fluxx, Magnitude; NPCs: Thorn)
          Magnitude and Thorn came into view, hovering just outside the hospital. "Guten tag Lex," Magnitude said, "may we be of assistance?"

          "Don't let them get close," Current said, calling up more energy, "almost impossible to dodge. They slash for the throat, stab for torso. Block with your arms."

          As he unleashed the lightning, Thorn grabbed more swords with her vines. Soon, she had them bound and immobile--easy prey for Current to continue striking at. A moment later, Fluxx cascaded through the wall and began emitting beams of charged particles for the blades. "Boy, am I glad to see you," said Current. "There's a whole helluva lotta these guys."

          The pair continued to blast at them while Thorn continued to grab the swords arriving on the scene. "There's no end to these things!" she spat.

          "Gotta hold the line," snapped Current. "Civies trapped in the room behind us."

          "Oui," Fluxx reported, "zere are some 'oo could not be unplugged from zeir equipment. We can fall back if needed to ze central nurses station, but no furzer."

          As the group continued to fight against the onslaught, Current looked back to Magnitude. "Man, if you can pin them to the ground I will bake you a goddamn cake!"

          Two of Thorn's vines reached out and coiled around Magnitude and her waist, keeping them in the air, but freeing up Magnitude to start to help in decimating the swarm of swords. "I'm a cheesecake kind of girl," she flatly told the American.

          With the respite from her entangling attacks, the swords were able to hurry through the portal and find their target: rather than shoot past the boys and into the ICU, the swords swung for Fluxx's flesh.

          Suddenly, Fluxx understood: "Lex, zis worzless Merde's only chance is if 'e commands all swords to attack me, and 'e likely knows it. Zey could be 'ere at any time." He had done it: Cleave had mentally ordered every sword he had posted in the hospital to attack Fluxx. No one else was in danger save the boy who could render himself immune to their steel.
          Armada Status

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

            Fluxx's eyes widened as he realized that their ploy worked.

            "Lex, Magnitude, Zorn, I believe ze swords are all after me and only attack ozers if zey interfere or get in ze way. Lex, You need to warn our companions on ze lower floor - your fazer, Parabola, ze police - to not impede ze swords' progress to me. Once zey are gazered, Magnitude can immobilize zem and I can go around and disrupt their molecular co'esion. I zink I can bear zeir attacks until zey all accumulate. Please, Lex, go and stop ze ozers. Magnitude, Zorn, if you need zem collected, I'm your man." Fluxx says with a confidence he's not sure he feels. He didn't have true intangibility like his mother or Tallemaja. Sudden, unpredictable matter still hurt him as normal, but he was practiced at yielding to physical attacks and he lacked the anatomy that the swords were preprogrammed to target. This could work.
            Last edited by flynnarrel; 11th December 2014, 05:19 PM.

            Comment


            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

              Alex "Current" Murphy
              HP: 0 CND: Exhausted, Injured 2

              Lex
              hesitated at Martin's words.

              A part of him was happy for the excuse to go. His girlfriend and his dad were out there somewhere and hopefully they were doing better than he was, but they might need help.

              Of course at the same point in time Martin's new plan was to stand around getting beaten up while the swords came at him. A plan that sounded only slightly less dumb than it did when Lex said it out loud.

              Truth of the matter was that, unlike Lex, Martin could probably take on an entire army of swords. And he wasn't wrong about other people being in danger from these swords.

              He let out a sigh, "Right. Back in a few-"

              He grinned as something occurred to him, "I just realized your plan involves me running headlong into swords. I think you've been hanging around me to much, ya know?"

              He was only half kidding. If those swords were coming in every direction to get to Martin he'd literally be charging a series of sharp pointed objects. Ones that might slash at him even if he avoided impaling himself.

              "Good times," He muttered then started running. Maybe he'd get lucky and they'd ignore him. Or he'd be too fast for them.

              Yeah, he noted flatly, because today feels so very lucky.

              Comment


              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                Greystone:
                [Jack Rexroth]
                HP: 4

                Arriving at Josefstadt Jack looked at Eiron, Fey, Gae'bolg, Lluvia, and Manticore. "Alright, what's going on here?"

                Comment


                • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                  "Jus' do not engage and zey should ignore you. Ozerwise.... y'know, block wiz your arms." Fluxx smirks at the other boy.

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                    Alex "Current" Murphy
                    HP: 0 CND: Exhausted, Injured 2

                    Lex
                    holds up his arms to reveal some bloody torn up sleeves, and give Martin both a lopsided grin and a shrug.

                    What can you do, right?

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                      Fluxx eyes Lex's cuts critically. "Looks like someone needs to lick a light socket." he says.

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                        Alex "Current" Murphy
                        HP: 0 CND: Exhausted, Injured 2

                        Lex
                        swats away a sword, "Yeah, It's on the list, right after stopping the legion of swords and saving the city. Again."

                        He glanced down at his clothes then added, "And way before my Mom sees me."

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                          The Blue Knight

                          Upon seeing this new plantman arrival, Gwyn was torn. Skew was still a threat-he could turn any of their attacks against each other, and with a guy like Ander who could unmake things with a touch, that was dangerous.

                          Still, rootface seemed the most dangerous right now. So Gwyn flew toward him, swinging his cerulean claymore down through him, taking the time to line the attack up. This whole mess was like cwtyn a saint.

                          Gwyn will move and attack, Accurate for +4/-4. IC is down, so 1d20+9=23 So DC 22 Will for Damage if that hits.
                          [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                            ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current, Fluxx, Magnitude; NPCs: Thorn)
                            Fluxx's eyes widened as he realized that their ploy worked. "I believe ze swords are all after me," he confessed to his comrades, "and only attack ozers if zey interfere or get in ze way.

                            "Lex, You need to warn our companions on ze lower floor--your fazer, Parabola, ze police--to not impede ze swords' progress to me. Once zey are gazered, Magnitude can immobilize zem and I can go around and disrupt their molecular co'esion. I zink I can bear zeir attacks until zey all accumulate. Please, Lex, go and stop ze ozers. Magnitude, Zorn, if you need zem collected, I'm your man."

                            Current hesitated for a moment. "Right," he said uneasily. "Back in a few-" He stopped suddenly and looked to Fluxx. "I just realized your plan involves me running headlong into swords. I think you've been hanging around me to much, ya know?"

                            "Jus' do not engage and zey should ignore you." One of the swords swiped harmlessly at Fluxx's maleable skin. "Ozerwise... y'know, block wiz your arms."

                            The American held up his arms to reveal some bloody torn up sleeves, and give Martin both a lopsided grin and a shrug.

                            "Looks like someone needs to lick a light socket."

                            "Yeah, it's on the list... Right after stopping the legion of swords and saving the city. Again." Looking down at his tattered clothes, he amended his to-do list: "And way before my Mom sees me.

                            "Good times," he muttered before darting away.

                            Originally posted by Michuru81
                            The swords are indeed going after Martin--a fact Kas can readily observe and plan around.
                            ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Parabola)
                            Current turned and dashed down another flight of stairs. From the corner of his eye, he spotted a sign suggesting he was on the ground floor. Shooting himself down the hall, he started to see bloody hand prints on the walls. Then, up ahead, he saw the source...

                            Parabola was slowly progressing down the corridor: one hand was holding her side while the other used the wall for support.

                            Overcome with emotion, Current rushed to her side. His hands flew to her, and then... something happened. There was a glint of energy between them and suddenly it felt like he was being pushed back. Current fell on his back and his perplexed girlfriend stood above him, unsure what had happened to him. "Lex!?!" she asked, slightly panicked at the sight of him. From the crimson stains in her blouse, she looked in worse wear they he did. "Are you okay!?! What happened!?!"

                            Originally posted by Michuru81
                            Hero point for my hijacking things a bit. I didn't want to let you get too far without this coming up, Arky: with Kirstie's new power-up comes a big complication... Kirstie's aura will repel everything, including the barest of touches. Lex will be incapable of hugging her, taking her by the hand--even bandaging her wounds.
                            JOSEFSTADT (Greystone and Ursa; NPCs: Eiron, Fey, Gae'bolg, Lluvia, Manticore)
                            Gae'bolg led Greystone and Ursa out of tree and to the spot where Fey's group was gathered. The American's eyes swam across the faces that greeted the newcomers. The same crimson water drop he'd been seeing over so many of his companions hung over them all, but something else was above Fey--something he'd only seen hovering over a few other heads...

                            It was the same symbol he'd seen over the mages who had attacked the school, and over Tallemaja and Prodigy. Magic. That was the only thing that they shared in common. Was it possible that the ability he'd gained from eating the apple allowed him to identify mages by sight?

                            "Alright," he said, trying to put such thoughts aside, "what's going on here?"

                            "We got sidetracked," Lluvia said. Greystone saw his face pulsating with a strange glow. An injury, he realized. He was beginning to get the hang of these new abilities.

                            "Lluvia is supposed to try to stop the sandstorm by making it rain," said an agitated Fey. "Squabbling has so far prevented him from doing that..."

                            The Spaniard sighed. "I'm on it," he said. He took a few steps forward and closed his eyes.

                            Thunder started to roll in the distance, and many of the young heroes looked up towards the sky. They watched in wonder as the clouds above Vienna began to darken. Storm clouds gathered. Lightning flashed high above them. It all happened in seconds, leading to the sudden downpour.

                            As the rain beat down on Vienna, Lluvia looked stunned. "Something's wrong," he said. "It... it feels too strong..." The sophomore turned back to the group with a terrified look on his face. "I think Haboob's storm is feeding mine."

                            Originally posted by Michuru81
                            Gaspar's powerset is dynamic, so I'm going to start keeping track of his points here.

                            Lluvia's Array (32 points)
                            • Environmental Control 8 (Distraction; DC 15; 1,000 ft.)--24 points


                            So, it turns out rain and sandstorms are a terrible mix. Because the sandstorm is unnaturally occurring, I don't think the flash-flooding problem qualifies (it seems to stem from the water absorbency of the ground and the ground's permeability in locations where sandstorms are more common, not from the phenomenon itself) but the sandstorm still seems to serve as a conductor of the rain, and does not seem like it would be thwarted by the rain. In short, I'm going to have Haboob's power actually boost Lluvia's Environmental Control two ranks, rather than have the two roll off to see if one counters the other.
                            PRATER (Blue Knight and Shiver; NPCs: Catargi, Diamond Dust, Felsic, Larrikin, Mezzanine, Ogre, Quintessence)
                            Robor took the stream of cerulean flames and seemed to shrug it off. "Siegfried warned us about you: a Nephilim, and a son of Leviathan at that." A fiendish smirk appeared on the plant man's face. "Domingo will be coming for your tithe, boyo..."

                            Before Blue Knight could puzzle over the Irishman's words, something dropped into the battlefield: a man who looked like a human gummy bear, with Maze clinging to his back. "There's no need to fear," the Romanian lad boasted. "Candyman is..." He trailed off at the sight of the depowered Ogre. "Adela?" he asked.

                            Maze jumped down from Candyman's back and scanned the battlefield. "You know her?" she asked, a hint of jealousy in her voice.

                            "She's my sister," Candyman confessed. "Mezzanine! Felsic! Don't attack her! Heat and light will power her up... Diamond Dust needs to keep her body temperature low to prevent her from transforming. Maze and I will move to help Double-D!"

                            Maze charged for Adela and made a grab for one of the young woman's arms. Adela retched her limb back in time, causing the English girl to stumble slightly.

                            Originally posted by Michuru81
                            The Order: Round Thirteen
                            • Quintessence (24 [+7]): Bruised x2, Staggered
                            • Maze (24 [+7])
                            • Shiver (24 [+6])
                            • Larrikin (24 [+5]): Bruised, Fatigued (2 to Str and Dex, 1 to attack and defense, and cannot move all out)
                            • Skew (22)
                            • Mezzanine (22)
                            • Felsic (20): Bruised, Injured, Staggered, Disabled
                            • Adela (17)
                            • Catargi (9 [+5])
                            • Candyman (9 [+1])
                            • Robor (8)
                            • Blue Knight (7 [+6])
                            • Diamond Dust (7 [+1])


                            Robor's Will save (DC 22): _: 1D20+9 = [15]+9 = 24
                            He squeaks by.

                            DD will go for Fatigue on Adela: _: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
                            He misses.

                            Candyman and Maze will drop into the field.

                            Candyman's Initiative: _: 1D20+1 = [8]+1 = 9


                            Maze's Initiative: _: 1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24


                            Start of the round, Quintessence is dazed and shakes that off. Maze will use Aid: _: 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9
                            Really? A 2 would have... okay...

                            Shiver's up, Shock.
                            Armada Status

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                              Alex "Current" Murphy
                              HP: 0 CND: Exhausted, Injured 2

                              Lex
                              hit the ground hard, but still managed to push himself up with one arm, eyes blazing as he looked around for whoever attacked him.
                              But there wasn't anybody else in the room except Kirstie.

                              He grumbled as his eyes shifted back to normal, "I donno, somebody hit me."

                              He glanced up at Kirstie, and swore as he eyed the wound.

                              "Are you okay? What happened?" he asked frantically as he levered himself up off the floor and reached out to grab Kirstie's shoulders.

                              A second later he found himself slammed into a wall, "Ow, ow, OW! Who the hell keeps doing that?!"

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                                Ursa
                                HP: 0

                                Otso squinted as he looked up at the duststorm. Rain he could handle and thunder just meant it was June instead of November. But duststorms? That was so outside of his area of experience it wasn't even on the same continent.

                                He decided to go for the obvious question. "Can you turn it off? If not, we'll have to try and find the guy responsible for the sand and take him out." With that thought in mind, the Ursine Finn turned to scan their surroundings for any hints as to the location of their opposition.

                                Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X