Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

    Fluxx looked over the patients, Oxygen and IVs were little problem with the modern hospital rolling beds - they could accommodate portable functionality for those, heart monitors weren't strictly necessary, but the two on ventilators couldn't be separated from their life saving machines.

    There were separate rooms, which was good, and probably why swords hadn't harmed these patients already, he doubted if they could work door knobs. He could have people pile into rooms and shut the doors to stay safe, but this was ICU, patients shouldn't be left alone without proper medical supervision, and that was the problem, 7 medical professionals, 8 patients. They needed one less patient.

    Fluxx reviewed what he saw from his glance at the charts and resumed his Vindicator-garbed humanoid form.

    [In German] "Attention Please. My colleague and I will prevent zem from getting by ze nurses station but I need you to go into individual patient's rooms and close ze door. Visitors, please go to ze room of ze patient you are visiting. Doctor, please attend Mrs. Schwartz..." He then goes by seniority of nurse, assigning them to a patient in need (though he would not separate the daughter from her father). The last room without an assigned medical professional is Anna Schneider. Fluxx enters it himself and addresses the mother.

    "Mrs. Schneider, if you will allow, I can stop ze infection of Anna's pancreas." It was true, all the others would have required invasive exploration to determine the cause of the problems, or more knowledge than Fluxx possessed, but an infection was almost as simple as knitting flesh back together from sword or bullet. Navigate to the site of the infection, eliminate the pathogen, apply anti-inflamatories to the agitated tissue and withdraw.

    He'll have the mother expose Anna's midsection and place a hand over it. Underneath, a tendril will extend into her body and wind it's way to the inflamed organ and commences repairs.

    Healing, Standard Action, Total, Feat: Stabilize, regrowth PR 5
    Healing [1d20+5] = 18+5 = 23

    Comment


    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

      Ursa
      HP: 0

      Otso nodded in agreement with Jack, moving to follow the American teen out of the school. "I imagine you flew here with Blackguard, but there's one more of us now and I'm a little heavier with my inability to shift back at the moment. What I'm getting at is that I think we need a ride."
      Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

      Comment


      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

        Greystone:
        [Jack Rexroth]
        HP: 4

        "I imagine you flew here with Blackguard,
        Jack nodded his head. "Yep."

        but there's one more of us now and I'm a little heavier with my inability to shift back at the moment. What I'm getting at is that I think we need a ride."
        "Which is why I wanted Randy to go with us." Jack said nodding his head towards their classmate. "Part of his powers let him move himself and others through large enough plants, so using the big tree in the quad I'm pretty sure his dad has got large enough plants at the Hundertwasser House to fit us on that end."

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

          The Blue Knight

          Gwyn hovered in the air, looking for Skew. There he was!

          "Mezzanine, she can't hurt you. Or me. We're just hurting each other here!" Well, he was. Hopefully their maths teacher wouldn't hold it against him.

          "You have to grab her, physically grab her. Just hold her still." Mezzanine was heavy, and this girl was weedy, should be easy enough. Not that anything had been too easy these past few days.

          "I'll get him." All he had to do was drive the man away, then they could apprehend the girl, take her back to the school.

          Gwyn flew away, hovering in the air about eight meters or so from Skew, so the others wouldn't get hit with what he was gonna do next.

          "Your hat looks stupid." Then he erupted into a flare of blue light, willing his flames to actually illuminate an area as opposed to their usual lightless form.

          Notice check 1d20+9=26 Was not expecting that.
          Gwyn will fly to Skew and use Visual Dazzle 8, Burst Area. I'll put him behind Skew (so Skew is in between Gwyn and the others) so that the area doesn't catch anyone besides Skew.
          [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

            ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Swords)
            Again, lightning exploded from Current, and again, the blades vanished into thin air.

            Again, more swords came floating into the hallway. Some came up from the stairwell; others were simply flying up the side of the building and entering through the hole that had once been a large window overlooking the city.

            Current started to count them: one, two, three... five... eight... ten...

            Nine... Eight... Seven... Something else came through the window: vines. Vines reached in and grabbed the hilts of a trio of swords and pulled them back outside. Before the American could question it, help had arrived: Magnitude and Thorn came into view, hovering just outside the hospital.

            Originally posted by Michuru81
            Swords' Toughness saves (DC 28) (1d20+10=18, 1d20+10=20, 1d20+10=13) All go boom.

            There are seven in the hall, and six more making their way up the side of the hospital.

            Initiatives!

            Swords' Initiative (1d20+4=19)
            Thorn's Initiative (1d20+1=14)
            VIENNA (Greystone, Ursa; NPCs: Gae'bolg, Various)
            Gae'bolg grabbed Greystone and Ursa's wrists and ran towards the mound of vines filling the hallway. Fiore had grown them to bind Not-Newton, and even after Fraction freeing herself, they remained in place. They were big enough for the boy to use, pulling the pair through and to Hundertwasser House, where he'd left Fiore...

            Fiore was working leisurely to liberate the bystanders Robor had captured.

            "Oh, good," Tantivy said dryly. "The cavalry's here. We're saved."

            Fiore looked up then and his face brightened at the sight of his classmates. "How's Kiln?" he asked.

            "Fine," Gae'bolg explained, looking around at the battleground. "What happened?"

            Fiore gestured to the two women flanking him. "This is Boson," he said, "one of the American Vindicators." The boys recognized her as the young woman Quintessence had been seen canoodling with. "I wouldn't be here if it weren't for her... and we both owe our lives to Tantivy. She arrived a short while ago and stopped Robor."

            "I've got things handled here," Tantivy said, glaring at Greystone. Their altercation earlier this morning was still a fresh wound...

            Jack's skin visibly rippled as he fought to keep his anger in check. He moved to covered the remaining ground between them. Tantivy backed away slowly, but Jack pressed. "You didn't learn the first time?!" he yelled at the girl. "You knew Tallemaja was here--knew we were looking for her--and you helped her hide here!?!

            "This is exactly why I didn't want you here at the school Herta: you're a danger to everyone here, and you're too dumb to re-"

            Herta lunged and swung her elbow into Jack's chest. "$%&#ing take it back," she frothed as Armande and Venefica walked up. "You want to tell me you don't want me here--fine! Nobody $&#%ing wanted me here, and they reminded me of that on a daily basis! You want to say I'm dangerous--fine! You're God damn right, I'm dangerous! But you don't get to..." The girl fought back the urge to cry--not in front of them. She refused to give them the satisfaction of seeing her cry--seeing her humiliated. "I'm not dumb."


            "Good thing I was here, huh?" she hissed. "Who knows how many people would have died waiting for your ass to show up?"

            "You can teleport?" Boson asked, trying to keep the New Vindicators from fighting each other next. "There's still fighting going on across the city. We don't need help here, but you can still be of use at the other battle sites."

            "She's right," Gae'bolg said. "I know about where my da is. Let's go..."

            Originally posted by Michuru81
            Sorry for fast-tracking this one, guys. I thought I'd try to push past it and get you guys to where you can bust some skulls. Your scene will continue below.
            JOSEFSTADT (Greystone and Ursa; NPCs: Eiron, Fey, Gae'bolg, Lluvia, Manticore)
            Gae'bolg led Greystone and Ursa out of tree and to the spot where Fey's group was gathered.
            Armada Status

            Comment


            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

              Originally posted by Michuru81
              It wouldn't let me post it as one reply. I megaloathe the new forums.
              PRATER (Blue Knight and Shiver; NPCs: Catargi, Diamond Dust, Felsic, Larrikin, Mezzanine, Ogre, Quintessence)
              "Your hat looks stupid."

              Bright, cerulean flames fanned from the Welsh boy in every direction, but Skew tucked his head down and closed his eyes--avoiding the assault on his senses. "Shouldn't you be givin' the old 'ow's yer father to a sheep?" he spat.

              Originally posted by Michuru81
              The Order: Round Ten/Eleven
              • Quintessence (24 [+7]): Bruised x2, Staggered, Stunned (Mezzanine, R10)
              • Shiver (24 [+6])
              • Larrikin (24 [+5]): Bruised, Fatigued (–2 to Str and Dex, –1 to attack and defense, and cannot move all out)
              • Skew (22)
              • Mezzanine (22)
              • Felsic (20): Bruised, Injured, Staggered, Disabled
              • Adela (17)
              • Catargi (9): Dazed (Adela, R10)
              • Blue Knight (7 [+6])
              • Diamond Dust (7 [+1])


              Skew's Reflex save (DC 18) (1d20+10=28) Evasion will protect Skew.

              DD will go for Adela: DD's attack (1d20+4=5)

              New round: Quintessence is stunned; Shiver's up.
              KUNSTISTORISCHES MUSEUM (NPCs: Candyman, Caballero, Maze, Pict)
              Pict nodded to a voice neither of the teenagers could hear. "Understood," he said. Looking to them, he sighed. "Prodigy's asking me to rendezvous with the other groups," he intoned. Can you hold him?"

              Candyman gave a nod. "Indefinitely."

              Pict looked unsure about leaving. "Everything's going to be all right?" he asked, casting a glance at Maze.

              "Go," she told him.

              With a nod, Pict jumped out of a broken window and took flight.

              "I would have gone with you," Maze growled.

              "I know," Candyman said. He grunted. It wasn't so much that he was having trouble holding Caballero, but that he didn't want to do this. "Do we need to do this right now, Ellen?"

              "What, and risk you running off as soon as this is over?" The English girl sighed. "Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?"

              "Because you would have gone with me!" he spat, continuing to try and choke the flailing Spaniard. "Ellen, I wasn't going to a resort! I was going to go undercover in a terrorist organization that clearly had no problem with killing people!"

              "I don't care about any of that!"

              "That's insane, Ellen..."

              "Says the boy who decided to become a self-appointed spy!?!"

              "Touché." Candyman sighed and shook his head. "We didn't know each other that long--a couple weeks, really... I guess I didn't really expect you to take it so bad."

              Maze stiffened. "I'm not pretty. I don't have Anne's hair, Pirjo's looks, Kirstie's waist, Tatjana's chest... Before you? I'd never ever had a boyfriend. You were my first kiss, Vlad. You were-"

              "Ellen, we couldn't-"

              "My dad walked out on me and my mum before I was born. Growing up, girls picked on me. No boy has ever looked at me. I've never been good enough for anyone, and then, all of a sudden, someone says I am--that I'm good enough for them... and then takes off without me...

              "You were the first time I actually allowed myself to dream, Vlad, and you made me feel like a bloody fool for ever thinking I could matter to anyone."

              An uncomfortable silence threatened to smother them. "I wish I knew what to say to make you feel differently," Candyman said finally. "You do matter. You matter to me."

              "Don't!" Maze spat. "Don't tell-"

              "You do!"

              "You left!"

              "I left because you matter! Because... Ellen, my sister set off a bomb on the campus! Lacuna was everywhere! Jack's father killed Alina! Us just ignoring the problem wasn't helping! Someone had to be proactive in bringing them down, and I... I thought that by leaving, I could protect the school! I thought I could protect you!"

              He looked down to Caballero: the Spaniard had gone limp, and Candyman relaxed his grip just slightly. "He's down," he said, moving to coat the young man in caramel to keep him from moving, should he wake up. "Are you sure we can't continue this when there isn't a group of homicidal madmen trying to kill us all?"

              "You think there will ever be a time when a group of homicidal madmen aren't trying to kill us?"

              Candyman shrugged. "Dostoevsky said that 'To live without hope is to cease to live.'"

              "Woolf said that hope is a commodity we can't afford."

              "Is that from To the Lighthouse?"

              Maze stared at him blankly. "It's from me, Vlad. My last name is Woolf."

              "Oh. Gotcha."

              Maze shook her head at her ex-boyfriend. "So, what do we do now? Do we stay and guard Caballero?"

              "He's not going anywhere," Candyman said. "He's Viktor DeGallow--we know how his powers work. When he wakes up, he'll find himself immobilized, and thus... powerless. I propose we rejoin the battle."

              "Except that neither of us can fly, or teleport, or run fast-"

              "All aboard the Candyman Express." The stocky youth pulled an imaginary train whistle. "Choo-choo."

              "What are you on about?"

              He turned and gestured at his back. "I can get us there pretty quick," he said. "Get on."

              Maze hesitated, but ultimately gave in: she leaned against his back and slipped her arms around his neck. She felt him shift into his gummy form. "Hold on," he said as he made his way to a hole in the wall Caballero's destruction had wrought.

              Twin bands of taffy shot from his wrists and attached themselves to the side of the wall. Giving them a tug to test the wall's integrity, Candyman started to back up. With his taffy ropes pulled taut, Candyman let go and exploded forward. Shooting out the hole, he and Maze were catapulted across the city. They started to descend, only for him to bound upwards in a high arc, leaping towards their next battle...
              Armada Status

              Comment


              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                [If possible... Unless Fluxx is still coordinating folk. If so, just ignore]
                Fluxx checked to make sure the unconscious Cleave was secured in his metal clothing before flowing out into the hall. He gathered loose particles from the air and floor as he moved, exciting the bonds of their atoms.

                He still recalled how his mother told them that his sister could ionically excite particles like this and release them. He spent months trying to recreate that. His was slower, harder to do, but he could create a stream to fill a hallway.

                He did so now, interposing between Lex and the Seven Swords (wasn't that a movie?) and unleashing the nearly invisible, highly dangerous particles streaming down the hallway.

                Beam of Excited Molecules, Damage [Vibrating molecules], Area: Line (General), Secondary Effect, Flaw: Full Round Action, Feat: Affects Insubstantial 2, Indirect, Precise, Subtle 2 PR 8 (22/22)
                DC18 Reflex save, DC 23 or 19 Toughness
                He surge's for the extra action to complete the move and still do a full round action.

                Comment


                • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                  Violet Lear
                  HP: 2
                  ->1

                  Violet looked at Larrikin uncertainly. She wasn't sure if he was right or not but at least he had an idea. She hesitated. What if he was wrong and she hurt one of her allies? They were having enough trouble as it was. But what else was there but to keep trying? "I hope you're right!" She reached toward the de-powered Ogre and fired a stream of ice shards.

                  Ice blast attack (1d20 + 9=13) HP to reroll that
                  Ice blast attack (1d20 + 9=25) Toughness DC21 + autofire if that manages to hit

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                    Alex "Current" Murphy
                    HP: 0 CND: Exhausted, Injured 2

                    Lex grimaced as another batch of swords started flying up from out of nowhere.

                    How many of these damn things were there?

                    He'd taken down at least ten so far, but that hadn't exactly been easy and he wasn't in as good of shape as when he started. If anything the world seemed a little blurry and hazy. He wondered if Martin had replaced the blood he'd lost when the Frenchman had healed him.

                    He sighed and limped a few steps forward to find himself a better position from which to attack.

                    It actually took him a second or two to realize that the vines attack the swords were both real, and not actively making the situation worse by attacking him as well. Then he saw Magnitude floating outside the window.

                    Either the cavalry had arrived, or he'd started hallucinating.

                    "Don't let them get close, almost impossible to dodge," Lex bellowed, "They slash for the throat, stab for torso. Block with your arms."

                    It was quite possibly the worst sounding advice he could remember giving, but he knew Martin could fix up an arm. He was positive Martin couldn't fix being dead.

                    That was about the point where Martin floated through the wall.

                    "Boy am I glad to see you," Lex says as he charged his hands again, "There's a whole helluva lotta these guys."

                    OOC: All-Out 5+/-1, Power attack +3/-3, Takedown 2.
                    Taking Ten to hit for a 15, Toughness DC is 28.
                    Defense will be 13 for the rest of the turn.

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                      Magnitude
                      Kasimir Flaegler
                      HP 1 LP 0


                      Arriving on the scene Kas was immediately concerned for Lex's safety. He was still using his powers to carry Rose which meant he couldn't use them to defend Lex. The Italian girl's smirk at his concern wasn't from simply seeing Lex in trouble. She too had powers that worked on numerous enemies at once.

                      "Relax Magnitude, I have this." She said. While she meant to sound casual, Kas could tell, that much like himself she was glad to be facing an opponent she could affect...especially after the disaster with the Vitesse brothers.

                      Kas was about to tell Lex to flee when Martin came ghosting up through the floor. The effect of Martin's transition through solid objects was near headache inducing with Kas's senses. He was both there and not there. It was dizzying to behold.

                      Getting ahold of himself, he responded to Lex at last. "Guten tag Lex...Martin, may we be of assistance?"

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                        PRATER (Blue Knight and Shiver; NPCs: Catargi, Diamond Dust, Felsic, Larrikin, Mezzanine, Ogre, Quintessence)
                        Adela hissed as the ice shards brushed her body. Still, she barely seemed fazed by the assault. "It worked!" Larrikin laughed as he lunged for her legs. "We got this!"

                        He wasn't the only one who tried to grab at her: Mezzanine's arm folded back up as she moved to pull the mercenary into a hug. Though her arms soon locked around Adela, the girl slipped through the robot's grip, only to jump clear of Catargi's own attempts to restrain her.

                        As they fought, Skew rolled his eyes and darted through one of his discs. Blue Knight's eyes began scanning the surrounding foliage for him, only to spot yet another opponent coming out of the woodwork: this one, a man forged from gnarled roots, had a beard made of grass and moss hair. He reached out his arm towards Quintessence and summoned a plant to burst into bloom in front of the Vindicator. Pollen sprayed into the hero's face, causing him to begin to cough uncontrollably.

                        Originally posted by Michuru81
                        I've been trying to refrain from posting until everyone was in, keeping everyone on the same page, as it were, but given that I have actions between Shock and Eld, it would stagger their posts, so I'll do mine for this scene so that Eld can post, then hold for the others.

                        The Order: Round Twelve
                        • Quintessence (24 [+7]): Bruised x2, Staggered, Dazed (Robor, R12)
                        • Shiver (24 [+6])
                        • Larrikin (24 [+5]): Bruised, Fatigued (–2 to Str and Dex, –1 to attack and defense, and cannot move all out)
                        • Skew (22)
                        • Mezzanine (22)
                        • Felsic (20): Bruised, Injured, Staggered, Disabled
                        • Adela (17)
                        • Catargi (9)
                        • Robor (8)
                        • Blue Knight (7 [+6])
                        • Diamond Dust (7 [+1])


                        Robor's Initiative (1d20=8)

                        Adela's Toughness save (DC 22) (1d20+4=22) - On the nose... unless Violet has the improved Autofire? You're hitting 25, Shock: Adela's defense is 22, so... +1 damage. If she has the decreased interval, however, the DC would be higher and would hurt her.

                        Larrikin will opt to aid Violet: Larrikin's Aid (DC 10) (1d20+2=19) +2 attack next round, Shock.

                        Skew will use a double move to teleport away and hide again. He'll stay outside of the area of Violet's cold, so penalties apply to those there. Skew's Stealth (1d20+8=16) Ugh. He's not as hidden as he thinks.

                        Mezzanine will try and grab Adela: Mezzanine's Attack (1d20+4=24) And lands it! Mezzanine's Grapple (1d20+8=23) vs. Adela's Grapple (1d20+12=20) Grappled, and Anne will pin her.

                        Felsic's still jacked up and will sit.

                        Adela will try to break free: Adela's Grapple (1d20+12=25) vs. Mezzanine's Grapple (1d20+8=17)

                        Catargi will likewise try to grapple Adela: Catargi's Attack (1d20+4=14) Swing and a miss.

                        Robor's duplicate will transmit to the fight and move to Stun Quintessence: Robor's Attack (1d20+6=23) Hits: Quintessence's Fortitude save (DC 24) (1d20+5=22) Dazed for a round.

                        BK is up.
                        Armada Status

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                          Alex "Current" Murphy
                          HP: 0 CND: Exhausted, Injured 2

                          Lex
                          nodded, "Gotta hold the line. Civies trapped in the room behind us."

                          He glanced over at Martin to see if he was wrong about that, but if Martin had gotten them out he suspected his friend would have said so already. And if Martin couldn't get them out than nobody could. The only option left was fighting until all of the swords were gone.

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                            Greystone:
                            [Jack Rexroth]
                            HP: 4

                            Fiore was working leisurely to liberate the bystanders Robor had captured.

                            "Oh, good," Tantivy said dryly. "The cavalry's here. We're saved."

                            Fiore looked up then and his face brightened at the sight of his classmates. "How's Kiln?" he asked.

                            "Fine," Gae'bolg explained, looking around at the battleground. "What happened?"

                            Fiore gestured to the two women flanking him. "This is Boson," he said, "one of the American Vindicators." The boys recognized her as the young woman Quintessence had been seen canoodling with. "I wouldn't be here if it weren't for her... and we both owe our lives to Tantivy. She arrived a short while ago and stopped Robor."

                            "I've got things handled here," Tantivy said, glaring at Greystone. Their altercation earlier this morning was still a fresh wound...

                            "Good thing I was here, huh?" she hissed. "Who knows how many people would have died waiting for your ass to show up?"
                            Jack had been about to say something to Fiore but Tantivy's reply drew his attention and his ire, and his response showed it plainly. "And how many people did die because you ran off to throw a fit then decided to show up while me and the others stayed and have been running ragged?"

                            "You can teleport?" Boson asked, trying to keep the New Vindicators from fighting each other next. "There's still fighting going on across the city. We don't need help here, but you can still be of use at the other battle sites."

                            "She's right," Gae'bolg said. "I know about where my da is. Let's go..."
                            "Fine, lead the way." Jack said as he glared at Tantivy before turning away to let Randy teleport them again.

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                              "Oui. Zere are some 'oo could not be unplugged from zeir equipment. We can fall back if needed to ze central nurses station but no furzer." Martin reports.

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                                Magnitude
                                Kasimir Flaegler
                                HP 1 LP 0


                                Kas floated Rose in through the window, then followed himself. "So these flying blades attack en masse? Sehr gut. That will make them easier to deal with. Very rarely does the most basic expression of my power have any real usefulness, but this is one of those times."

                                "We need to get to the most open area we can, so the swords may assault us in a large squadron. I can use my gravity control to target all of them and increase their weight to the point they are pinned to the floor. Any that escape my gravity trap Thorn can deal with. Once they're immobilized, you two can destroy them at your leisure. And don't worry, I have enough control over my powers that I can target just the swords."


                                As he explained his plan, he targeted the blades Rose had already snagged and picked them off one by one with particle beams.

                                Assuming there's time for him to pick them off one by one that is.

                                Also, should I roll initiative for Kas, or should I wait?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X