Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

    Violet Lear
    HP: 2

    Violet saw the portal and where the shot went after. "It's Skew! He's here!" She immediately started trying to spot him.

    Notice check (1d20 + 5=25) Any chance that lets me actually spot him? Pretty please? ;}
    Does Skew also need a Fortitude save for the cold?

    Comment


    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

      Greystone:
      [Jack Rexroth]
      HP: 1

      Ursa exploded through the doors, only to find a curious sight set before him: Warder and Fraction--Martin's sister--were calmly staring down the man they'd all seen in Martin's memories: Siegfried, the man responsible for the crisis they now faced. The man looked agitated, but he didn't make a move.

      "Ursa," Warder said, evoking the Finn's codename. He didn't look back. He didn't need to. "This... is not a place you want to be right now..."

      "I've heard a couple of times in the last twenty-four hours," Ursa said, "what makes this any different?"

      Warder looked intense. He opened his mouth to explain, only for Gae'bolg to come crashing down the stairs, helping along a coughing Kiln.

      "Warder," Ursa urged, "what's this situation I don't want to be involved in about? Do you need help with Siegfried, and if not, is he going to interfere with us helping our injured?"

      Even more people came spilling into the sublevel. This time, Greystone came down, carrying an unconscious man.

      Warder sighed. "My girlfriend and our old friend Lacuna have effectively disabled Siegfried," he said. "He's been seeded. As I understand it, him fighting will result in the seed taking hold, which would be a big win for Laputa, and a crippling blow for him. Basically, he can't attack us, and we can't attack him. Mary created a stalemate, and used it to coerce information from him regarding how to effectively beat the mercenaries he's hired. She's in the Wreck Room, telling Prodigy how to maneuver our forces."
      "So we're standing here having a NS version of a Mexican standoff? Awesome." Jack said as he dropped Black Guard down to the floor and looks to Siegfried. "So lets cut to the chase - you're master plan is fizzing like a fart in a fan. You've been countered right off the bat and since my team has already went through a couple of your paid goons I'm willing to bet the others are doing the same while we're talking. So why don't you chalk this up as a loss and get lost?"

      Comment


      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

        Originally posted by Arkrite View Post
        Alex "Current" Murphy
        HP: 1 CND: Fatigued


        "God #$*(ing dammit," Lex swore, "Fluxx, I need you to get these people out of here. Burn the walls, turn it into an airplane slide, parachute, trampoline... what ever it takes. Just get them out."

        He took a deep breath and lit up some electricity on his hands for a brief moment, "And then... And then come save my stupid ass, ya know?"

        He shot Fluxx a pained smile then ran for the door, <<Out of the way! I'll stop the swords, follow my friend!>>
        Of course Lex was quicker to respond to the situation, and of course it was to charge headlong into danger.

        "Fine, 'Old zem at bay til I create an escape route." Fluxx turned Cleave's shirt to a resilient polybenzimidazole plastic, his arms crossed strait-jacket style, before flowing off the man to a section of floor. His bulk settles over the floor and if begins corroding at his touch. There's no aging or chemical process of oxidization, rather, it simply ceases to be in a hiss of air as the solid of the floor and beyond is converted to inert, non-reactive gas.

        It will probably take Fluxx 3 or so turns to get a good route to the lower floor for people to drop through, avoiding wires and water lines that might be running through the 'ceiling' of the floor below.
        Last edited by flynnarrel; 12th November 2014, 05:05 PM.

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

          The Blue Knight

          A lot of stuff happened at once, and his face went from grinning behind his helmet to a stricken expression in moments. Plus he was cold. Violet's powers, of course.

          "What the flip's Skew?" He yelled to his fellow Brit. Neat trick that, now instead of a giant monster they just had a slip of a girl to deal with. A girl who could dodge lasers and knew how to fight.

          And why did Catagiri have claws now?

          No time to think, he had to seize an opportunity while he had one. Wings ablaze, Gwyn flew at the girl Ogre had become and stabbed his claymore down at her head, keeping his body parallel to the ground.


          Moving into melee and and striking Adela from above with Gwyn's claymore, Accurate attacking for +3/-3
          1d20+8=9 Sigh.
          I should have at least two HP left, by my reckoning. So I'll re-roll and drop to 1.
          1d20+8=24 If that hits, DC 23 Will for damage.
          Oh also a Fort check for the intense cold, Gwyn should really have a uniform if only for brand recognition. 1d20+8=17 He's fine.
          [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

            Ursa
            HP: 0

            Otso gave an involuntary twitch of agitation as Warder mentioned "his girlfriend". Still, he liked Dag and now wasn't the time to try to give the older boy dating-advice. "If you've got this Greystone, I'll grab whoever this is you've brought in and get him to the infirmary along with Kiln."

            "I assume the fact you weren't all too gentle with him and that I don't recognize him mean he's one of the enemy. I'll keep an eye on him whle he gets looked over."
            He growled as he scooped up the unconscious man, before indicating Gae'Bolg and Kiln to follow him to the infirmary. "Almost wish the guy was dumb enough to try something."
            Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

            Comment


            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

              Greystone:
              [Jack Rexroth]
              HP: 1

              "If you've got this Greystone, I'll grab whoever this is you've brought in and get him to the infirmary along with Kiln."
              Jack nodded towards his Finnish teammate without taking his eyes off Sigfried. "Go ahead Ursa, I've got this as good as anyone else."

              "I assume the fact you weren't all too gentle with him and that I don't recognize him mean he's one of the enemy. I'll keep an eye on him while he gets looked over."
              "Yeah, he's called Black Guard and he's got powers similar to Maze and Blue Knight so be careful."

              Comment


              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                STEPHANSPLATZ (Magnitude; NPCs: Durendal, Francois, Thorn)
                As Thorn moved to evacuate the hostages Francois had led them to, Magnitude turned to Durendal. "You said the other one was leaving. Can you determine from where?"

                Durendal nodded. Indeed, with the helmet Magnitude wore, he had no way of knowing the boy was blind.

                "He could very well have been guarding a second group of hostages. If he was, you should go free them. I will stay here and guard Thorn in case our enemies return. You should be powerful enough given your powers to protect yourself."

                Durendal nodded and moved to take flight, only for Magnitude to hold him up. "I know this isn't how you wanted this to end," the New Vindicator continued. "You wanted to capture the terrorists and so did I, but the lives of the innocent always take precedence. Saving the people our powers were meant to protect takes precedence over capturing the villains or our own pride and even our own lives."

                "I concur," Durendal said, hovering just a few meters above the ground. "I know I'm new to all of zis, but..." He sighed. "Zere is no time for sob stories. Suffice to say, I got into zis because I lost someone important to me. I realized zat wiz my abilities, I could try and keep ozers from knowing zat kind of 'urt. Zat is why I do what I do. Zat is what is important 'ere."

                Again, Durendal moved to go to the rescue, and again, Magnitude stopped him with his words.

                "Durendal," he called. "Danke."

                Refusing to waste another moment, Magnitude hailed dispatch: "This is Magnitude. I need search and rescue teams to the area of Stephensplatz immediately. The terrorist threat is rebuffed, but we have civilians trapped in unknown locations. Search and rescue dogs...and maybe cadaver dogs are required on scene."

                "This is Prodigy, Magnitude," came the American's response. "Are you and Thorn essential to the rescue effort? If not, I'll have you proceed to the hospital. Emergency crews are reporting in that exits are being blocked by floating swords who prevent civilians from safely leaving."

                Originally posted by Michuru81
                Unless Magnitude stops him, Prodigy will continue to give a sit-rep: "I've received reports from other groups: Shiver radioed in to say Quintessence is back in the game; he's taken her group to help Catargi's at Prater; Pict said Blackguard is down and en route to the school's brig; Candyman has Caballero restrained; no news from the hospital, sandstorm, or Hundertwasser House, though. Once Quintessence's group has handled the situation in Prater, I'll have them meet with Fey's team."
                ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Swords x7)
                Dashing into the hall, Current found himself flanked: four swords were coming down from one end of the hall, while two--no, three... a third had just entered--came from the south end.

                ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Fluxx; NPCs: Bystanders x11, Cleave, Doctor x1, Nurses x6)
                As Current moved to deal with the swords, Fluxx turned to evacuate the ICU, only to realize there was a hitch in his plan: moving the patients here in the ICU...

                PRATER (Blue Knight and Shiver; NPCs: Catargi, Diamond Dust, Felsic, Larrikin, Mezzanine, Ogre, Quintessence)
                "It's Skew!" Shiver cried. "He's here!"

                "What the flip's Skew?" asked Blue Knight as he thrust his sword for Adela. As he did, the blade vanished through a silvery disc, only to stab into Quintessence instead.

                Originally posted by Michuru81
                Originally posted by Shock
                Any chance that lets me actually spot him? Pretty please? ;}
                I flubbed this one up a bit. In my head, he'd be hidden until someone realized he was there (i.e., the silvery disc) at which point, those who knew what the disc meant would make Search checks to find him. I took a gander at Stealth and... yeah, I was wrong. That being the case: Skew's Stealth check (1d20+8=22) Shiver can spot him. BK can roll for it. I'm going to hand you both hero points and say the NPCs all fail their rolls.

                Originally posted by Arthur Eld
                Gwyn should really have a uniform if only for brand recognition.
                All of them should, but there was a matter of time: Kas, Jack, and BK all just arrived in this dimension and were flung right into this crisis--as many of them had eschewed their uniforms in favor of other garb, they're currently without. Further, the other students were evacuated, then Fluxx told them what was going on, and they ran off in a hurry. Donning uniforms would have penalized them on time, but I think Prodigy would still insist on them taking a commlink, given the nature of things--hence my rolling for Larrikin and Catargi.

                The Order: Round Nine/Ten
                • Quintessence (24 [+7]): Bruised, Staggered, Stunned (BK, R9)
                • Shiver (24 [+6])
                • Larrikin (24 [+5]): Bruised
                • Skew (22)
                • Mezzanine (22)
                • Felsic (20): Bruised, Injured, Staggered, Disabled
                • Adela (17)
                • Catargi (9)
                • Blue Knight (7 [+6])
                • Diamond Dust (7 [+1])


                Skew will move to deflect BK's attack: Skew's Deflect (1d20+8=28) Aaaaand we'll throw it at Quintessence: Quintessence's Will save (DC 23) (1d20+9=11) Bruised, Staggered, and Stunned.

                DD's Attack (1d20+4=14) That misses.

                Round Ten
                Quintessence is stunned; Shiver's up!
                NVAE: SUBLEVEL HALL (Greystone, Ursa; NPCs: Blackguard [KO], Fraction, Gae'bolg, Kiln, Siegfried, Warder)
                Warder sighed. "My girlfriend and our old friend Lacuna have effectively disabled Siegfried," he said. With his abilities, he noticed Ursa's agitated twitch. He said nothing: he knew they couldn't understand... Even with this revelation that his girlfriend was a sleeper agent for their enemy, he couldn't simply forget the good they'd had together. He couldn't forget that she was his first love; Mary was the first girl he had slept with--he had hoped she'd be the only one he'd ever sleep with. For all the bad she'd done, she'd been good to him and better.

                How could any of them understand?

                "He's been seeded," he continued. "As I understand it, him fighting will result in the seed taking hold, which would be a big win for Laputa, and a crippling blow for him. Basically, he can't attack us, and we can't attack him. Mary created a stalemate, and used it to coerce information from him regarding how to effectively beat the mercenaries he's hired. She's in the Wreck Room, telling Prodigy how to maneuver our forces."

                "So we're standing here having a NS version of a Mexican standoff? Awesome." Greystone dropped Blackguard down to the floor and looks to Siegfried. "So let's cut to the chase: you're master plan is fizzing like a fart in a fan. You've been countered right off the bat, and since my team has already went through a couple of your paid goons, I'm willing to bet the others are doing the same while we're talking. So why don't you chalk this up as a loss and get lost?"

                "Because if he leaves, he's still seeded," Fraction said, smirking at the Icelandic man. "Tallemaja promised him I'd remove the seed if he cooperated with her in defusing the attacks."

                This time it was Warder's turn to flinch at someone's choice of words. Even knowing what he now knew, it hurt to think of Mary and Tallemaja as the same person.

                "If you've got this, Greystone," Ursa said, looking to the American, "I'll grab whoever this is you've brought in and get him to the infirmary along with Kiln."

                "Go ahead Ursa." Greystone gave his friend a nod. "I've got this as good as anyone else."

                As Ursa moved to collect the unconscious scoundrel, he mused on the man's injuries. "I assume the fact you weren't all too gentle with him and that I don't recognize him mean he's one of the enemy."

                "Yeah, he's called Black Guard and he's got powers similar to Maze and Blue Knight so be careful."

                "I'll keep an eye on him whle he gets looked over." The bear growled as he scooped up the unconscious man, before indicating Gae'Bolg and Kiln to follow him to the infirmary. "Almost wish the guy was dumb enough to try something."

                "I can heal him with Elle's powers," Lacuna said, "and then you should see to putting him in the brig."

                Siegfried nodded in agreement. "That's Blackguard," he said coolly. "I suspect it took more than Mister Rexroth to bring him down. You'd be a fool to think you alone could keep him restrained, Otso... and taking him to the infirmary would just endanger everyone there."

                HUNDERTWASSER HOUSE (NPCs: Boson, Bystanders x7, Fiore, Robor)
                "We can't keep doing this," Boson growled. "We have to take to the offensive, or he's going to catch us off-guard."

                "I was thinking the same thing," Fiore said, scrambling to dig his way out of the dogpile.

                Overpowering Robor hadn't done much, but maybe he didn't need to overpower him... Fiore's powers only let him manipulate existing vegetation--he couldn't work with it unless he had nothing. That was why he carried a pouch of seeds. Was it possible that Robor was the same? Would Robor be powerless if he didn't have any plants to work with?

                Fiore reached into his pocket for a new pouch. He threw the pouch to the Vindicator, and watched as she caught it. "Empty that outside the barrier, and I'll do the rest."

                Once she'd done her part, Fiore closed his eyes, calmed his nerves, and concentrated. He let these new plants begin to bloom into flowers. All they needed now was time.

                "Surrender."

                Fiore opened his eyes. The vines were receding. They were in a clearing, facing another of Robor's simulacrums. "I'm going to count to ten, and if Fiore doesn't surrender his life to me, I will kill a hostage." A vine stirred, raising a panicking woman into the air. "Oh, there may be the chance that Fiore can overpower me and save her, in which case..." Another vine appeared, carrying another hostage. "But then there's the American to think about..." A third hostage came into view. "You can't save them all, boyo. Give yourself to me, or someone is going to die."

                Originally posted by Michuru81
                The Order: Round Ten
                • Fiore (21): Bruised, Injured
                • Boson (15)
                • Robor (14)


                Everyone does stuff!
                ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (NPCs: Parabola, Sword)
                "Is that the best you've got!?!"

                The sword swung, collided with Parabola's reflection field, and shattered--the fragments of it faded from reality, and Parabola stumbled forward. <<"Everyone out!">> she screamed, clutching her side. She'd been stabbed, and had lost who knew how much blood. It was taking everything she had to keep from collapsing.

                She looked down at the wound and cringed. "I bloody loved this top, you bastards..."

                Originally posted by Michuru81
                The Order: Round Nine
                • Sword A (23 [+4])
                • Parabola (17 [+6]): Bruised x4, Injured x4, Stunned (Sword B, R4)


                Sword's Attack (1d20+11=13) vs. Parabola's Reflection Field check (1d20+8=20) - Sword's Toughness save (DC 18) (1d20+10=17) Sword shatters.
                NVAE: BRIG (NPCs: Chuck [Zzz], Dante, Gwen [KO], Mikayla)
                Dante cast a spell and augmented his strength. He reached down, took the chains binding his friends, and effortlessly snapped them. "Let's get out of here," he growled. "Once we get back to the shop-"

                "We can't go back to the shop," Mikayla said. "Curie knows about it. He's the one who dropped me. We go back there, and he'll lead everyone to us."

                Dante threw the sleeping Chuck over his shoulder. "Let's grab the Russian and then figure out where to go." He cast another spell on himself, then took the girl by the hand. Stepping onto the air, Dante began to ascend through the ceiling, walking back towards the surface.
                Armada Status

                Comment


                • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                  Alex "Current" Murphy
                  HP: 1 CND: Fatigued

                  "Enough is enough," Lex growled and brought his hands up in front of him as he let the swords close in, "I have had it with these monkey loving swords in this Monday to Friday hospital!"

                  He was tired, and woozy even with Martin's healing job on him. He'd been burning energy left right and center, but he wasn't near empty just yet. He pulled... no, he released his hold on the energy he had locked down inside and felt it cascade down his arms and coalesce into two glowing balls of superheated plasma.

                  Then he simply waited until the swords were almost on top of him and hurled himself at them at full speed with an angry roar.

                  OOC: Stunting off his Electricity Control: Strike 10 Takedown 2 All-Out Attack and Power attack.
                  All-Out/Power attack +5/-5 on the swords and taking 10 since they're minions. Should come out to a 15 to hit with a DC30 toughness save.
                  Lex's defense will be at 15 for the rest of the turn, and he will be exhausted at the start of his next turn.

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                    Greystone:
                    [Jack Rexroth]
                    HP: 4

                    "Because if he leaves, he's still seeded," Fraction said, smirking at the Icelandic man. "Tallemaja promised him I'd remove the seed if he cooperated with her in defusing the attacks."
                    Jack grunted in response while thinking that it didn't exactly sound like a bad idea to leave the seed in and keep Siegfried off their backs but he immediately realized just how bad an idea that was given the resources the man had that Lacuna could make use of it the seed ever "bloomed".

                    "I can heal him with Elle's powers," Lacuna said, "and then you should see to putting him in the brig."

                    Siegfried nodded in agreement. "That's Blackguard," he said coolly. "I suspect it took more than Mister Rexroth to bring him down. You'd be a fool to think you alone could keep him restrained, Otso... and taking him to the infirmary would just endanger everyone there."
                    "Yeah, it took me and Pict." Jack answered back to Siegfried before turning his attention to Elle. "It might be a good idea to wait until Black Guard is locked up before healing him and then only just enough to keep him from dying."

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                      Magnitude
                      Kasimir Flaegler
                      Condition: ...
                      HP 1 LP 0


                      Kas almost let out an audible sigh of relief as Prodigy apprised him of the situation. Not because they were doing so well, but because it seemed the genius was assuming the mantle of command and considering how poorly Kas had done thus far, that could only be a good thing. Trying to keep the despondence he felt out of his voice, he answered.

                      "I understand. We're on our way to the hospital now."

                      Turning back to Rose he shouted. "The authorities are on their way here to conduct the search and rescue! We are needed elsewhere immediately."

                      Giving Rose just enough time to prepare herself, he wrapped her in his power and launched into the air. This time he did not bother to bestow flight on her, he simply picked her up with an anti-gravity field and carried her.

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                        Violet Lear
                        HP: 3->2


                        Originally posted by Blue Knight
                        "What the flip's Skew?"
                        "The guy what made that portal thing!" Violet pointed where the mercenary was trying to hide. But how could they get him if he just put a portal in front of every attack they threw? What if she formed ice right on his body? He couldn't portal out of that. Staring at the man, Violet concentrated and hoped he wouldn't notice the growing ice until it was too late.

                        HP to power stunt Perception Range Snare 6. Reflex DC16

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                          Ursa
                          HP: 0

                          Otso glared at Siegfried and Elle in equal measure. "Yes, what I should do is let the mind-violating parasite take control of this supposedly dangerous individual, all on the say-so of the man who came here to kill our headmaster. Brilliant." Despite his words he didn't, however, move the unconscious Black Guard towards the infirmary.
                          Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                            ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Swords x4)
                            Current lunged at the four on his right. Electricity crackled around him as he swung for the first--destroying it with a punch. He moved like lightning--leaping from one to the next. While the next sword shrugged off the attack, the next two joined their brother in fading from sight.

                            The sword closest to him swung down, but he was ready: Current jumped back, only to be rushed by the three at the other end of the hall. Flying at him, the blades each grazed the American...

                            Originally posted by Michuru81
                            Swords' Toughness saves (DC 30) (1d20+10=25, 1d20+10=30, 1d20+10=27, 1d20+10=14) One makes it.

                            Swords' attacks (1d20+11=14, 1d20+11=22, 1d20+11=21, 1d20+11=26) The last three are technically charging, but I neglected the bonus in favor of making one big roll. Irregardless, their Defense should will reflect that in the coming round. Three hit. DC 18 Toughness, sir.
                            ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Fluxx; NPCs: Bystanders x11, Cleave, Doctor x1, Nurses x6)
                            As Current left the ward, Fluxx scanned the ICU: before the doors was the nurses' station, with the patients' rooms making a horseshoe around it. It seemed that the east wall was under construction--a fortunate twist that would mean less patients to evacuate. Still, one look at the board told him there were eight patients in the ICU. Their attending physicians might be dead now, given Cleave's actions, but the board still told him what room they were in.

                            Originally posted by Michuru81
                            I apologize if this comes off as condescending; I truly thought it would benefit us to have a list of who is here, rather than just a generic rundown. I might be off on some of the treatments offered. Despite coming from a family of doctors and nurses, I failed to consult them as to what machines these patients would be hooked up to. I'll differ to HH on most of these, as I believe he has the most medical experience out of us. HH, if you see anything I missed or that you think shouldn't be included, feel free to correct me.

                            Again, I'm basing my knowledge on my local hospital, so rather than an open ward divided by curtains, they have separate rooms arranged in a horseshoe around the nurses station.

                            Patients
                            • Amy Schwarz: 32; female; 401-N; multiple injuries sustained in a car accident; coded on arrival and has not regained consciousness; surgeries to repair internal bleeding; ventilator; heart monitor
                            • Peter Moser: 46; male; 402-N; gastrointestinal bleeding following gastric bypass; IV; oxygen; heart monitor
                            • Jakob Eder: 52; male; 403-N; transient ischemic attack; IV; folly cath. w/ balloon inflated
                            • Anna Schneider: 14; female; 405-N; pancreatitis; IV
                            • Magdalena Brunner: 52; female; 408-N; abdominal aortic aneurysm; heart monitor
                            • Jakob Wimmer: 42; male; 410-N; pneumothorax; ventilator
                            • Katherine Lang: 18; female; 411-N; ectopic pregnancy; IV; oxygen; heart monitor
                            • Francis Baumgartner: 84; male; 416-N; diabetes mellitus; sundowning; restraints; IV; heart monitor


                            Everyone Else
                            • Doctor Wagner: 34; female
                            • Nurse Huber: 53, female
                            • Nurse Müller: 22, male
                            • Nurse Wallner: 28, male
                            • Nurse Auer: 26, female
                            • Nurse Maier: 26, female
                            • Nurse Anna Baumgartner: 57; female; Francis Baumgartner's daughter
                            • David Schwarz: 34; male; Amy's husband; fractured tibia
                            • Kate Schneider: 35; female; Anna's mother
                            • Sophie Mayr: 39; female
                            NVAE: SUBLEVEL HALL (Greystone, Ursa; NPCs: Blackguard [KO], Fraction, Gae'bolg, Kiln, Siegfried, Warder)
                            "None of this matters!" Gae'bolg shouted. "My dad has several hostages, and he took down Mister Bradley, and Fiore stayed behind to hold him off by himself, and..."

                            "I can manage," Kiln said between coughs. He waved Gae'bolg away before using the wall to help himself to the infirmary.

                            "Please!" Gae'bolg pleaded to the others. "We need to help Fiore!"

                            STEPHANSPLATZ (Magnitude; NPCs: Durendal, Francois, Thorn)
                            Originally posted by Michuru81
                            I'm going to hold you for a round, HH.
                            PRATER (Blue Knight and Shiver; NPCs: Catargi, Diamond Dust, Felsic, Larrikin, Mezzanine, Ogre, Quintessence)
                            Even from far off, Violet could see Skew shake off the effects of her attack. "Forget about him!" Larrikin said. "He's only able to support! If we take down her, he's removed from the equation!

                            "I can make you transparent--maybe he won't be able to redirect your attacks if he can't see you, Vi."

                            Indeed, Larrikin had begun to use his powers on Shiver.

                            Mezzanine, meanwhile, continued to blast at the woman assaulting them. Her blast vanished through one of Skew's portals, only to reappear at Quintessence's side, hitting him.

                            With Skew's protection, the woman who Ogre had transformed into was free to continue attacking the group. She continued to assault Catargi--slamming her palm up under the woman's arm and leaving her momentarily dazed.

                            The Order: Round Ten
                            • Quintessence (24 [+7]): Bruised x2, Staggered, Stunned (Mezzanine, R10)
                            • Shiver (24 [+6])
                            • Larrikin (24 [+5]): Bruised, Fatigued (–2 to Str and Dex, –1 to attack and defense, and cannot move all out)
                            • Skew (22)
                            • Mezzanine (22)
                            • Felsic (20): Bruised, Injured, Staggered, Disabled
                            • Adela (17)
                            • Catargi (9): Dazed (Adela, R10)
                            • Blue Knight (7 [+6])
                            • Diamond Dust (7 [+1])


                            Skew's Reflex save (DC 16) (1d20+10=24)

                            Okay, so... we'll say that Skew is ~40' from the group right now, incurring a -4 penalty on further Notice checks to spot him. With Violet pointing him out, the others can make another check (now DC 26)--an impossible roll for the NPCs save Quintessence: Quintessence's Notice check (DC 26) (1d20+6=18) BK can give it a shot.

                            Larrikin: Though he failed to spot Skew, he knows he's here, and he gets how he operates. Ergo, he's going to support Violent by making her transparent in the hopes of stopping Skew from redirecting her attacks.

                            Skew: Keep on Deflecting!

                            Mezzanine: She'll take another shot on Adela. Mezzanine's Attack (1d20+8=10) vs. Skew's Deflect (1d20+10=29) Skew will throw it at Quintessence again: Skew's Attack (1d20+10=26) - Quintessence's Toughness save (DC 23) (1d20+14=15) ... Really, IC?

                            Felsic: Disabled, there's not much she can do.

                            Adela: Keep on punching Catargi! Adela's Attack (-4 Power Attack) (1d20+8=23) We'll go for another stunning attack: Catargi's Fortitude save (DC 14) (1d20+4=13) Dazed for a round!

                            Blue Knight is up.
                            HUNDERTWASSER HOUSE (NPCs: Boson, Bystanders x7, Fiore, Robor)
                            "You can't save them all, boyo. Give yourself to me, or someone is going to die."

                            Could he stall? Should he risk it? Help was on the way: the flowers he'd bloomed would attract every insect in the area. Once they descended, they would begin to gnaw on Robor's plants. Without a medium, he would be beatable. Fiore needed time, though... and he wasn't sure if he had that luxury.

                            "Let me out," Fiore said sadly.

                            "No!" Boson protested. "No, you're not going to-"

                            Something shot past their bubble and slammed against Robor's simulacrum. There was a shockwave and pieces of bark pelted the invisible barrier. Robor was gone, and in his place stood Tantivy, panting and wobbling on her legs. "Tell Jack... and Kas... they can... $&#^ themselves..."

                            Originally posted by Michuru81
                            Tantivy's Initiative (1d20+36=46)

                            The Order: Round Eleven
                            • Tantivy (46): Bruised, Stunned (Herself, R11)
                            • Fiore (21): Bruised, Injured
                            • Boson (15)
                            • Robor (14): Popped


                            Tantivy will slam. Since it requires an attack roll, I guess I can use Power Attack with it. Tantivy's Attack (-5 Power Attack) (1d20+3=10) That will hit. I'm sure this is normally subject to the PL ceiling, but for this round... I'm going to pretend it doesn't, giving Tantivy +18 damage: Robor's Toughness save (DC 33) (1d20+15=32) As this is a minion, it goes down. Tantivy then suffers half the slam in damage: Tantivy's Toughness save (DC 24) (1d20+4=17) Bruised and stunned!
                            JOSEFSTADT (NPCs: Eiron, Fey, Lluvia, Manticore)
                            Lluvia's eyes fluttered open. "Wha... what happened?"

                            "Faith and begora!" Fey exclaimed. "You're up!"

                            Manticore offered a hand down to the Spaniard, but couldn't bring himself to look him in the eye. Immediately, it all came back to him: he'd told the boy the truth about his mother's dead, and Manticore responded better than he'd expected. "Lexus, I'm sorry-"

                            "That's not important right now," Manticore spat. "Right now, you need to stop this guy from hurting anyone else. We can sort out us later."

                            Originally posted by Michuru81
                            JOSEFSTADT (NPCs: Haboob and Robor)
                            Robor opened his eyes. "They beat my clone," he said. He wasn't sure what had happened: one minute, he was accepting Fiore's surrender, the next, he was gone.

                            Haboob didn't look up from the scope of his sniper rifle. Instead, he simply pulled the trigger--no doubt killing another citizen of Vienna. "How are the others doing?" Haboob asked.

                            Robor closed his eyes and concentrated. "Skew has joined Ogre," he said, "but they've managed t'force her t'revert back. Blackguard is missing, and Caballero is down. Cleave has been dispatched.

                            "It seems the only place I can make a difference is with Skew and Ogre..."
                            Armada Status

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                              Alex "Current" Murphy
                              HP: 0 (1 - 1 negate stunned) CND: Exhausted, Injured 2

                              Lex flew through the air.

                              There wasn't enough room on the floor, the hallways were a death trap he'd never really considered before. His powers were great for moving around, and he could take a hit if he had to, but he was better suited for firing at a distance.

                              It wasn't an option here, the swords weren't coming for him, they wouldn't follow him. He couldn't lead them away.

                              He could stand, fight, and probably die or he could walk away and they'd murder everybody they could reach.

                              He couldn't just stand in the hall so he did the only thing he could think of and started using the walls. He ran up one wall, jumped spun and struck as swords stabbed out at him. The sword spun in half as he twisted, landed then flipped over another thrusting blade as two plasma covered hands slapped closed over it.

                              The blade fell in two as he hit the ground himself spinning wildly to bat away two other swords that had swooped in for the kill. One he caught with a backhand, sending pieces shattering across the hall as the other one slashed up his arm, biting into the leather but not quite breaking through.

                              A flash of movement sent him hopping forward as a sword thrust itself trying to take him through the ribs. But distracted by the left he never saw the sword from the right which slashed a deep wound into the back of his right leg. The only reason he hadn't lost the leg entirely had been his last minute dodge forward, but he still crashed to the floor.

                              Disoriented by the fall he almost didn't see the final sword sweeping in to skewer him. Frantically he lashed out with his good leg, kicking against the wall and sending himself sliding back into the closed door he was trying to protect, leaving a trail of blood and a sword embedded in the floor behind him.

                              He swore and forced himself to his feet as fast as he could manage.

                              His right leg wasn't working right anymore, too much muscle had been sliced apart. He could fight through the pain, but he couldn't make unattached muscles work correctly.

                              A part of him wanted to run for his life. These things had almost killed him once, and they were well on their way to repeating the performance a second time. He was bloody, battered, running on empty and for what? A bunch of people he didn't know?

                              A part of his mind screamed at him to run off. He had other things that he needed to protect. His girlfriend and dad were somewhere downstairs and he'd left them to watch out for themselves.

                              Mostly he just didn't want to die.

                              But all he could think of when he saw the swords was a dead girl in an ally surrounded by a pool of blood.

                              Nobody cared then. Nobody had tried to help.

                              He swore again and brought his hands back up. Martin might be able to pull it off and save them. He owed him that chance. They deserved a chance to live. They deserved a world were somebody was willing to try to save another person's life simply because it was the right thing to do.

                              "Is there not one who values courage over life?" He snarled to himself, before lurching towards the swords once more, "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?!"


                              OOC: Toughness save vs DC 18 on three attacks. (1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=10, 1d20+5=18)
                              Success, failure by 8 so stunned and injured, and failure by two (when counting stunned and injured status) on the last attack.
                              Burning an HP to remove the stunned status and attacking again.
                              All-Out 5+/-1, Power attack +3/-3, Takedown 2.
                              Taking Ten to hit for a 15, Toughness DC is 28.
                              Defense will be 13 for the rest of the turn.

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                                Greystone:
                                [Jack Rexroth]
                                HP: 4

                                "None of this matters!" Gae'bolg shouted. "My dad has several hostages, and he took down Mister Bradley, and Fiore stayed behind to hold him off by himself, and..."

                                "I can manage," Kiln said between coughs. He waved Gae'bolg away before using the wall to help himself to the infirmary.

                                "Please!" Gae'bolg pleaded to the others. "We need to help Fiore!"
                                Jack swore under his breath. "Gae'bolg and Ursa are heading to Hundertwasser House with me while the rest of you keep things contained here." The tattooed American gestured towards the downed Black Guard. "Stow him where Ursa was staying in the Wreck Room, he'll get medical attention after we're done dealing with this mess."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X