Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #15: Deport (IC)

LUX (Lex; NPCs: Beatrice, Kirstie)
    Kirstie made a pouty face. "You promise not to leave to go save the day for the rest of the night?"

LUX (Violet; NPCs: Jakob, Mattias, Mike, Rose, Wolf)
    Jakob brushed his knuckles across his face; a bruise was already swelling up. "This bitch just called Mat a..." He didn't see Mat: he wouldn't take his eyes off of Rose. Still, he couldn't bring himself to say it. "No one gets to talk that way about the people I love."

"Yeah, what are you gonna do about it?" Mike growled. "Punch a girl? She's still out of your league, idiot!"

A bouncer made his way through the throng that had formed around them. Wolf had an easier time making it to them.

"No one hits my boy," Wolf roared, sucker-punching Mike. The blow made Mike stagger. He caught himself on Violet before falling to the floor. Wolf moved to hit him again, only for the bouncer to grab the boy.

"Out!" the big man snapped at him. He glared at Mike. "You too! Out!"

Originally posted by Michuru81
    Wolf's Attack (1d20+2=15)

Mike's Toughness save (DC 17) (1d20=6) Mike fails by 11. He's just barely conscious.
    Armada Status

Comment

Violet Lear
      HP: 1

A wave of cold burst out before Violet got it back under control.
      "Back off Wolf!" She kneeled at Mike's side, still keeping one eye on Rose; and couldn't help but notice Rose didn't seem to be as concerned about him as she was. "Mike, are you all right?"

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
        HP: 2 CND: Normal

Lex smiled, "How can I get the girl if I don't save the day?"

He holds up a hand to keep her from destroying him and quickly says, "I promise not to run off, and no saving the day unless it's literally life or death. Or you told me to."

"Boss."

He does his best to ignore the drama happening in the corner.

Comment

As the chill permeated everyone within range of Violet, they all hesitated. "Is one of you an NS?" thundered the bouncer, taking hold of his wits as well as Wolf and Mike's shirts. "Both of you, get out!"

Thrusting them both towards the door, he eyed the the rest of the group. As Rose left to follow Mike, Mat made his way over to Jakob's side. "I'm fine, too," he growled at Violet.

"You sure?" asked the bouncer. "You want me to get you anything?"

LUX (Lex; NPCs: Beatrice, Kirstie)
          Beatrice left, walking through the altercation en route to the ladies' room. "Darn right," Kirstie said, feigning indignation. She couldn't keep the facade up for long: her mask slipped, and she stuck her tongue out at the boy. "I've been really looking forward to tonight for a while," she confessed. "Please don't ruin it?"
          Armada Status

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex gave Kirstie a curious look, "You have? I didn't even know there was a prize to the contest until, like, a day ago."

He sighs and shrugs, "I'm sorry about running off like that but Rose has been stomping all over Doug since she got here and something he said the other day made me really worried. I couldn't just let him go off without checking on him, ya know? It's not like I wanted to leave you hanging. Hell, now both of your are upset with me."

He slumps into his chair and eyes the two boys getting tossed out, "But I haven't been thrown out of the club."

He manages a small smirk, "Ten bucks says Quint thinks it was me when he hears about that."

"I knew I shouldn't have listed to Tat. I wanted her to take the tickets so that you and me, we could get away from everybody,"
            He confesses with a lobsided grin, "She was all like you have to take Kirstie. I was thinking a nice restaurant, like a dress up kind of nice, but I like my hearing, ya know?"

Comment

LUX (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
              "But I haven't been thrown out of the club."

"Yet," snarked Kirstie. "I have faith in you."

He manages a small smirk. "Ten bucks says Quint thinks it was me when he hears about that."

"Can you imagine the look on Mister Bottom's face? I mean, he set this all up--no doubt he'll hear about it." She made her voice deep and as manly as she could. "'Well, Bottom, one of your kids started a fight.'

"'Yeah, that's Lex. I warned you about him. How much do I owe you for the damages?'

"'No, sir: it was some scrawny French kid.'

"And then he'll have a heart attack and die. The end."

"I knew I shouldn't have listed to Tat. I wanted her to take the tickets so that you and me, we could get away from everybody," he confessed with a lopsided grin. "She was all like you have to take Kirstie."

Kirstie started to blush. "She just knew that I wanted tonight to be special."

"I was thinking a nice restaurant, like a dress up kind of nice, but I like my hearing, ya know?"

The crowd roared as the band walked out onto the stage. Kirstie appeared not to have noticed: she was looking at Lex, and looking like she was going to start crying. She leaned forward suddenly and kissed him. "It's not too late," she said, practically yelling into his ear to be heard over the start of the show.
              Armada Status

Comment

Violet Lear
                HP: 1

Violet looked around, feeling helpless. What was she supposed to do? Mike and Wolf were leaving. Jakob and Matthias weren't. And she had no idea where Eve was.
                And the bouncer was glaring at them all. "Jakob I... what just happened?"

Comment

I thought I replied to this but don't see it.

Fluxx

"Dissappointing." He says to the room in general.

After he's learned whatever he can from chemical analysis on the bird's feet he suffuses it with Emperor Penguin pheromones. At least he'll be able to track where the bird will go from here.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex blinked.

He just didn't understand women.

Still kisses were a good sign.

"Uh, sure, if you want," He scratched his head leaning forward to make it easier for Kirstie to hear him, "We'd have to find a ride, and it might be a bit of a wait since we don't have a reservation."

He looked around for Beatrice, "And we'd need to let Beatrice know we're heading out. This city's a bit rough on pretty girls out on their own."

After his conversation with Doug about Elfried he couldn't help but remember their first meeting. He'd saved her from a kidnapping attempt by some alarmingly daring slavers who'd thrown her into a van in broad daylight. He'd saved another girl from a similar fate, but almost lost Kirstie that day. The heavy weight on his left wrist reminded him that he'd almost lost something else as well.

Comment

The Blue Knight

He paused for a second, looking at Astrid. "I need ya to stay here, ok, there's a clever girl. I'm going to go deal with these guards, one way, or t'other. Then we'll find Kasimir and the others, tidy?"

Gwyn hoped she would just stay put. He should'a stayed and fought the guards back at the room-let Gaspar worry about the Amazing Drunk Girl here.

"I'll pop off, and be right back." Assuming these guards didn't have a special with them. His double was just as dangerous as he was, and who knew if Oscar had other agents he might have called.

Either way, the only way through was forward. Gwyn flew down the stairs, claymore in hand.

Initiative for when he gets to the guards 1d20+6=21
                      [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Jakob looked away from Violet. Mat helped him to his feet. "Forget it," Jakob growled. "You obviously don't care."

I've been pretty lax about this, but hero point to Violet for this fiasco.
                        NVAE: NEWTON'S OFFICE (Martin; NPCs: Newton)
                        It was strange: the bird's behavior screamed that something was off about it, but Martin could pull nothing peculiar from it. The only strange thing he could sense was its diet: the bird was sustained on bird seed, not bugs and worms. It was definitely someone's pet... but whose? Tallemaja? There was only one way to find out: dosing it in the pheromones of the Emperor penguin, Martin released the bird back into the wild.

LUX (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
                        Kirstie smiled nervously. "I'll find Beatrice," she said. "Wait for me outside?"

Hero point to Lex, too.
                        HOFBURG PALACE: NORTH TOWER (Blue Knight; NPCs: Astrid, Guards)
                        The sudden appearance of a boy wreathed in cerulean flames took the guards by surprise. A few drew steel in a flash--others froze at the sight of him. Harry spotted at least a dozen guarding this corridor--and who how many more we around the next bends.

Dungeon Guard's Initiative (1d20+2=20)

We'll go ahead with a surprise round from Harry, followed by the first actual round. Basically, Harry can have two turns to act, Eld.
                        Armada Status

Comment

Violet Lear
                          HP: 2

"Jakob..." Violet grabbed his arm. "That's not true. Of course I care about you."

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex laughed, "Sending me out with the troublemakers, huh?"

He leaned forward and gave her a kiss, "Alright, but don't be too long or I'll have to come looking for you."

Comment

Magnitude
                              Kasimir Flaegler
                              HP 6 LP 2

Kas was mad enough to spit nails, but part of his brain was screaming at him that in this instance, discretion might be the better part of saving the lives of the Farouk twins. Practically livid he slammed himself on the ground in front of the warden.

"Fine! He wins! Hug me...crush me...whatever, just lay off the helpless prisoners."

He held still to take whatever Bulwark was going to dish out. He did not, however lower the gravitic force field that sheathed him like armor. Just in case the warden wasn't in a forgiving mood about the gravity well, he needed to be able to withstand a potential assault. He still had hope Harry, Gaspar and Astrid were going to bust them out and they'd still be able to save Sophie. He couldn't do that if he permitted the granite imbecile to burst him like a balloon.

Comment

Fluxx

"Now I'll contact ze mages and ask if zey know anyzing about a network of pet bird spies." Martin says.

Comment

Working...
                                X