Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

    Alex "Current" Murphy
    HP: 1 CND: Fatigued


    With Martin wrapped around the villain there was no attack that Lex could bring to bear against Cleave that wouldn't do as much or more damage to his own teammate.

    He glanced around the room looking for any lingering sword guards that might raise a stink and try to murder him if he tried leading the hostages out to safety.


    Comment


    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

      Violet Lear
      HP: 2

      Violet took a step back. "Triumph over what? I told you, the bad guy's already left."

      Comment


      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

        Fluxx

        Fluxx was even more infuriated. He was looking toward Venefica's anesthetic to subdue the swordsman. Truth is, he wasn't sure if he could trust himself if he needed to take down the man. He wasn't 100% sure he could limit it to subduing the man.

        Never one for banter, Fluxx forces himself into the Austrian man's lips and nose and clawing his way into the man's lungs destroying air and oxygen along the way.
        AP: Suffocate, Flaw:Requires Grapple, Extra: Duration-Sustained, Feats: Split Attack, Sedation pr 10 (22/22)
        {When he binds someone up he can force his malleable body down their throat unless their autonomic responses can force him out.}
        DC 20 Suffocate effect. as long as he can maintain a grapple.

        grapple: 1D20+16 = [16]+16 = 32

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

          Greystone:
          [Jack Rexroth]
          HP: 1 (-1 for re-roll)

          Jack watched as not-Viktor's clothes and skinned blackened from his attack, grinning as Vlad made sure to hold him so that he took the brunt of the flames damage and kept hold of him while still blocking his airway despite not-Viktor's efforts to fight his way free. It looked like he was dealt with for the moment, which couldn't be said for Black Guard who was holding his own pretty well against Maze and Pict.

          Maybe three-on-one might shift the odds in their favor.

          Dropping to the floor as the wings on his back merged back into his shoulders and back, Jack's body swelled as his muscle size increased. "You realize you're way out numbered here, right? You're gonna go down like your sidekick did!"



          OOC:
          Since Vlad's got Caballero wrapped up so well, Jack's going to shift his attention to Black Guard.
          Since I don't want to switch up Jack's shapeshift and have to surge to move-in and attack I'm going to try & see if maybe I can help Pict & Maze get a hit by using Startle on Black Guard.
          Jack's Intimidate Check: _: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 =20, I'm going to spend an HP to re-roll that since I really want to make him flat-footed.
          Jack's re-rolled Intimidate Check: _: 1D20+10 = [7]+10 =17 and with the re-roll bonus for rolls under 10 that'll be a 27 total.

          Then for his move action Jack will change his Shapefhift as follows.

          Shapeshift Setup:
          Dragon Scales: [4 pts] Protection 4
          Electric Eel Glands [16 pts]: Strike 8 [electrical] (Extra: Aura)
          Increased Muscle Mass [12 pts]: Enhanced Strength 12

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

            Ursa
            HP: 0

            Otso rounded with a worldess roar as soon as he heard her voice. Tallemaja. He barrelled for her full tilt to knock the mage to the ground.

            I'm leaving off here since I assume she just goes intangible.
            Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

            Comment


            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

              The Blue Knight

              "Mebbe big red doesn't speak The King's tongue, then?" Gwyn was rapidly running out of options. He'd tried to put it down one last time, and then he'd talk killing it over with the others.

              Assuming he had enough time to speak to them fore it was back up. And assuming it could actually be killed. He slashed the thing again. It had only been a minute or two since they'd gotten to the Prater, but it was about the longest night in the young Welshman's life.

              Will Strike again 1d20+5=13 DC 26 Will again.
              [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

              Comment


              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                Magnitude
                Kasimir Flaegler
                HP 1 LP 1


                Kas didn't relinquish his gravitic force field, just in case this was a feint, but he had to save civilian lives if possible.

                "Very well, I agree to your terms...but let me give you this warning...if you lie to me and attempt to attack, it will go poorly for you. Then, after we are finished fighting, I'm going to tell Candyman what you did. If I were you, I wouldn't take that threat lightly. Candyman cut out Scott Axeion's eyes because he viewed it as the most expedient way to deal with the threat his powers represent. Imagine what he'd do to each of you."

                "Personally, I would avoid the sausage from the region he caught you in for quite awhile...just in case."

                Comment


                • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                  ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current and Fluxx; NPCs: Bystanders x13, Cleave, Doctor x3, Nurses x8, Sword)
                  Fluxx flowed over and into Cleave. The man was holding his breath--but there was no telling how long he would be able to hold out. In the meantime, Current spotted a single sword keeping watch over the remaining occupants of the ICU: doctors, nurses, patients, and their families--even a janitor, by the look of a middle-aged man in overalls.

                  Originally posted by Michuru81
                  The Order: Round One
                  • Fluxx (23)
                  • Current (20)
                  • Cleave (9): Grappled, Suffocating (Fluxx, R1)


                  Cleave's Grapple (1d20+13=27) The holding of the breath begins.
                  SCHÖNBRUNN PALACE (Shiver; NPCs: Diamond Dust, Larrikin, Nothing)
                  "Triumph over what?" the British girl said, taking a step back. "I told you, the bad guy's already left."

                  "Triumph over..." Nothing looked to be in pain. His mouth twisted into a snarl and his hands flew to the sides of his head. "I couldn't do it! I couldn't beat them... They were attacking the city..." Suddenly, the left side of his head changed: his hair retreated back into his scalp, taking on the appearance of a crew cut. The colour changed as well, turning light brown. "The skeletons were... They... The wizards..." His voice shifted as well. Gone was the rich, deep voice he had been addressing them with. Suddenly, he started to sound like Mister Ander.

                  NVAE: WRECK ROOM (Ursa; NPCs: Catalyst, Niloticus, Pachyderm, Sprite, Sublime)
                  As Ursa dove through the intangible girl, Tallemaja sighed mournfully. "I'm sorry about the show I had to put on," the enchantress said, "and I know you won't believe me, but it was for Beatrice's own good, Otso. I can explain in detail at a less pressing time, but for now, I need to save more lives. Your friends are out there fighting to protect this city, and I have some information for them--information I greatly need Prodigy to relay before it's too late. Will you stand down and allow me to do this? I promise you: after I've done that, I will make myself available to you."

                  KUNSTISTORISCHES MUSEUM (Greystone; NPCs: Blackguard, Candyman, Caballero, Maze, Pict)
                  "You realize you're way out numbered here, right?" Greystone chided. "You're gonna go down like your sidekick did!"

                  Blackguard fell for the taunt: fearing that Caballero was down, he turned to check on his protege and handed Pict the opportunity he needed. With a mighty snarl, he thrust his blade forward with all his might. The flames that shielded Blackguard failed him, and Pict's blade went through the man's stomach and out his back.

                  Despite the shocked expression on Caballero's face, no one looked more horrified than Pict. "We need to stabilize him!" the Scotsman shouted as Blackguard crumbled on the steel. "You fly the fastest, Greystone--care to escort him to the Wreck Room's brig?"

                  Originally posted by Michuru81
                  The Order: Round Four/Five
                  • Blackguard (16 [+6]): Bruised x2, Disabled, Dying, Injured, Staggered, Stunned (Pict, R5), Unconscious
                  • Greystone (16 [+4])
                  • Pict (14): Prone
                  • Maze (9): Prone
                  • Caballero (8): Bruised x2, Pinned (-4 Defense, No Dodge), Suffocating (Candyman, R1)
                  • Candyman (3): Bruised, Injured


                  1d20+12=18 Flat-footed.

                  Pict will throw it all into Power Attack and take a swing: Pict's Attack (-5 Power) (1d20+7=27) Heavens to Betsy! Blackguard's Toughness (DC 31) (1d20+12=14) Bruised, injured, stunned, staggered, disabled, unconscious, dying...

                  Blackguard's Constitution check (DC 10) (1d20+3=11)

                  Caballero's Grapple (1d20+2=13) Doesn't even beat Vlad's bonus. Caballero's Fortitude save (DC 11) (1d20+9=20) Still breathing.
                  PRATER (Blue Knight; NPCs: Catargi, Felsic, Mezzanine, Ogre)
                  Blue Knight stabbed his soul weapon down into Ogre and the monster collapsed to the ground. Mezzanine lowered her weapon. The device was already retracting back into her arm as Catargi breathed a sigh of relief. "He's not done!" Felsic warned. "Blue Knight already put it down once before you got here!"

                  Indeed, the creature opened it's eyes and drew a scream from Catargi.

                  Originally posted by Michuru81
                  The Order: Round Six/Seven
                  • Mezzanine (22)
                  • Felsic (20): Bruised, Injured, Staggered, Disabled
                  • Ogre (17): Prone (-4 Defense); Bruised x3, Stunned (BK, R6)
                  • Catargi (9)
                  • Blue Knight (7)


                  Ogre's Will (DC 26) (1d20=6) Fails by 20. Bruised, stunned, staggered, unconscious.

                  The others will stand down.

                  On Ogre's turn, we heal a bruise, the staggered, and unconscious conditions.

                  BK's up again.
                  STEPHANSPLATZ (Magnitude; NPCs: Durendal, Francois, Thorn)
                  Francois hardly seemed fazed by Magnitude's intimidation tactics. Still, he said nothing. He simply regarded the trio calmly, then turned to walk away. "If you'll follow me..."

                  As they started to move, Durendal leaned in to whisper to Magnitude. "Zere is an aspect of my ability I did not disclose to you," the French hero said. "If I can touch 'im, I can take away 'is ability to control 'is power. Should I-?"

                  "I'm glad it was you who came, Magnitude," Francois asked. "I've seen the work you're doing here--who hasn't? You seem to be a man in the pursuit of justice. I believe we strive for similar things.

                  "You know doubt know of us as well: the Vitesse brothers, New Vindicators turned career criminals. We've stolen more than we could ever spend in one lifetime, and yet... here we are, whoring our powers out for some simple mercenary work. You must be wondering why? What goal my brother and I pursue?

                  "Last year, two of our brothers were apprehended during a heist. Everything went according to the plan. We intended for Stendhal and Tristan to be taken. You see, our grandfather was a criminal--a super-sonic jewel thief. According to our father, one day he was brought down... and never heard from again.

                  "Our grandfather was not tried. I'm not disputing his guilt, but doesn't he still deserve the chance to argue his innocence? Most troubling is that his family has never been allowed to visit him--let alone know where he is being held. No correspondence has been passed. We... we don't even know if he's still alive.

                  "For the last few years, my brothers and I have investigated this mysterious prison--Pandora, they call it. A place to put all of the evils of the world. No one can verify the conditions of the prison, Magnitude. How can we expect to win the battle to be treated like humans, when we put Neo-Sapien criminals in conditions worse than we put our animals? I understand a need for safety protocols... but not inhumane treatment.

                  "My brother and I couldn't care less about Siegfried or his agenda... We're simply using this as an opportunity. We want the United Nations to acknowledge the existence of Pandora, as well as report on the conditions of its inmates. We demand to see reform--to be able to write or call or speak to our loved ones.

                  "I will let you take the hostages we have in this cell... and when our demands are met, we will willingly free the others."

                  HUNDERTWASSER HOUSE (NPCs: Boson, Fiore, Robor)
                  "Get close to me!" Boson shouted.

                  Fiore did as he was told. He darted towards her, leaping over the vines in order to reach the Vindicator. As he lunged for her, she jumped at him. Once they were in the air, she conjured a sphere around them. The two fell to the floor of the invisible orb, only to watch as the vines began to constrict around their shell.

                  The sound of Robor's cackling was the only thing he could breech the barrier with. "Ye idiots may think you've stopped me," he laughed, "but ye've only just trapped yourselves! My plants may not be able to reach you, but neither can the air!"

                  Indeed, they could no longer see through the vegetation the madman commanded. "This was your plan?" asked a nonplussed Fiore.

                  "Yes," Boson said calmly. "We're protected here from all sides. He can't touch us, meaning you have all the time you need to work your mojo against him, uh... what's your name?"

                  "Fiore."

                  "Okay. Fiore, you said you can control plants. You're going to get us out of this."

                  "He's way too strong!"

                  The blonde began to shake her head. "What lets you control plants?"

                  "My power," Fiore said, even more confused than when they'd started.

                  "No, I mean... Think about it: do you have to use your hands? Do you have to touch the plants? Move them to manipulate them?"

                  "No, I... I just think about it-"

                  "Exactly! Fiore, you will them to move, right? This guy is only stronger than you because you believe he is. He thinks about the plants moving, and they move. You think about the plants moving, and they move. It's not about muscle or physical might, Fiore: it's about your force of will. Stop giving me that excuse. Stop telling me that it's too hard or he's too powerful. You can do this, Fiore. I believe in you."

                  Originally posted by Michuru81
                  The Order: Round Seven
                  • Fiore (21): Bruised, Injured
                  • Boson (15)
                  • Robor (14)
                  NVAE: BRIG (NPCs: Chuck, Dante, Gwen, Mikayla)
                  With a savage roar, Dante lunged at Gwen. The Welsh girl gave a shriek as he tackled her. She hit her head against the door and suddenly felt woozy.

                  Originally posted by Michuru81
                  The Order: Round Four
                  • Dante (12)
                  • Gwen (7): Bruised x2, Staggered, Stunned (Dante, R4)


                  Dante's Attack (+5 All-out, -5 Power) (1d20+10=15) - Gwen's Toughness save (DC 22) (1d20-1=13) Bruised and Stunned.
                  ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (NPCs: Parabola, Skew, Sword x2)
                  The first sword just barely grazed her--not enough to break the skin, but close enough for her to feel the touch of cold steel. The next one stabbed at her and tore her top. This was no good. On her own, Kirstie had next to nothing she could do to them. Her powers were neither offensive or defensive, but supportive. If the swords were able to fire energy blasts at her, she could have rerouted those back, but against their slashes and thrusts? Her powers were all but useless. On her own, she had only her karate training, and she was still far from being a black belt. Moreover, she wasn't sure what good her strikes would do against inanimate objects would do...

                  As she took a defensive stance, Kirstie prayed that Lex and Martin found this madman quickly. She prayed that they were able to put him down, and that the swords would follow suit.

                  Originally posted by Michuru81
                  The Order: Round Three
                  • Sword A (23 [+4])
                  • Sword B (23 [+4])
                  • Skew (22)
                  • Parabola (17 [+6]): Total Defense (+4 dodge), Bruised, Injured


                  Swords' Attacks on Kirstie (1d20+11=23, 1d20+11=23) Both hit. Parabola's Toughness save (DC 18) (1d20+2=18) First one she's fine. Parabola's Toughness save (DC 18) (1d20+2=19) Second one she's even better.

                  Seeing everyone leaves means Skew will get bored and leave.
                  • 1: Blackguard / Caballero
                    2: Haboob / Robor
                    3: Ogre
                    4: Vitesse


                  1d4=3

                  Kirstie will take a total defensive stance.
                  Armada Status

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                    Violet Lear
                    HP: 2

                    "M-.. Mister Ander? Is that you?" This was too weird. Violet took another step back. "The wizards and skeletons; we already beat them. There's something else. Someone's after Headmaster Newton. We need your help."

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                      Ursa
                      HP: 0

                      "It was for her own good?!" Otso nearly choked on the words. "You gutted her! You tried to kill the girl I love and your excuse is 'it was for her own good'?"

                      Otso visibly shook with fury, but he was holding back his ineffectual attack for now. "At least have the common decency not to treat me like a gullible idiot and go instead with the traditional Laputa excuse, 'it's for the greater good'."

                      "B!&%." He spat the word at her. "If they're dumb enough to listen to you, go ahead, I can't stop you. If they'd take my advice they'd bury you in whatever hole is deep and dark enough to hold you. If you need me for anything else, I'll be with Beatrice." Otso directed the last part to everyone else in the room except Tallemaja.

                      He spared the mage one last hate-filled glare. "And you, stay the hell away from me. The less I have to do with you, the better." With that, the barely contained ball of ursine rage stalked out of the room to find his girlfriend.
                      Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                        With the use of Suffocation, he has to make a Fort save. DC20

                        If the save fails, the target takes a –1 penalty on attack rolls,
                        Defense, and Reflex saves, can only take a standard or move action
                        each round (not both), and moves at half normal speed. The target
                        must make a Constitution check each round (DC 10, +1 DC per
                        round), starting the round the Fortitude save fails. A failed check
                        means the character becomes unconscious. If the effect is main-
                        tained after that point, the character’s condition becomes dying on
                        the following round and dead the round after that.
                        A successful initial Fortitude save negates the Suffocate effect.
                        You can try again in the same encounter by using extra effort.
                        .

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                          Fluxx
                          hp2, (4-1(recover from surge last round)-1(reroll))

                          If Cleave's not unconscious...
                          Martin's parents had lied. A Lot.

                          Terrorists, members of Laputa.

                          Cloning.

                          Birthdays he didn't remember.

                          Inhuman sludge.

                          They'd lied to him his entire life, their colleagues at the Curie Institute, the school when they enrolled him after his very public emergence left them no other choice.

                          Master Deceivers.

                          And Martin had some of that knowledge, some of those Memories.

                          Let's see if Cleave can withstand it.

                          He speaks in German to better let his words sink into the man's oxygen-deprived mind.

                          "Lex, zis worzless Merde's only chance is if 'e commands all swords to attack me, and 'e likely knows it. Zey could be 'ere at any time."

                          ..
                          use bluff to 'trick' Cleave into sending all swords after me.... This should be interesting....
                          Bluff [1d20+8] = 4+8 = 12
                          I want better than that! hp reroll
                          Bluff [1d20+8] = 10+8 = 18 +10 is 28, best possible I could do.

                          Let's see how this goes.
                          Last edited by flynnarrel; 29th October 2014, 10:29 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                            Alex "Current" Murphy
                            HP: 1 CND: Fatigued


                            Lex grimaced and hurled a bolt of energy at the floating sword in the room.

                            <Yeah, yeah, don't worry. I'll buy you some time,> Lex grunted.

                            OOC: Going to take ten to hit the sword. Toughness check DC25.

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                              Magnitude
                              Kasimir Flaegler
                              HP 1 LP 1


                              When Durendal leaned forward and offered to use his ability to make Francois' power surge out of control, Kas shook his head slightly and made a downward gesture with his hand, palm facing downward.

                              "Nein. Not yet."

                              More loudly, he said to Francois, his voice never breaking from a calming level tone. "You are correct, I am a seeker of justice, but I am also a servant of civilized law. Even if your claims of a secret prison where SPB's are held without due process is true, some of these criminals...you for example...are guilty not only of crimes, but terrorism and terrorism has always been treated differently. To be sure, if you had wreaked this havoc in Israel, they would already be turning the full force of the Mossad toward your assassination as they did after the Munich Olympics."

                              "That being said, I will investigate this prison, but I will not save you from it. While I am no killer, I will not countenance acts of terror against a civilian populace. For this..."
                              He gestured to the ruination around them. "...I will see you thrown into the deepest pit possible and locked therein, never to see the light of day again. Is that response anything like what you hoped to accomplish here?"

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                                Greystone:
                                [Jack Rexroth]
                                HP: 1

                                "You realize you're way out numbered here, right?" Greystone chided. "You're gonna go down like your sidekick did!"

                                Blackguard fell for the taunt: fearing that Caballero was down, he turned to check on his protege and handed Pict the opportunity he needed. With a mighty snarl, he thrust his blade forward with all his might. The flames that shielded Blackguard failed him, and Pict's blade went through the man's stomach and out his back.

                                Despite the shocked expression on Caballero's face, no one looked more horrified than Pict. "We need to stabilize him!" the Scotsman shouted as Blackguard crumbled on the steel. "You fly the fastest, Greystone--care to escort him to the Wreck Room's brig?"
                                Greystone said nothing for a moment while he mentally reshaped his body once again, the draconic wings reemerging from his back and shoulders while the alterations he'd done to his stomach were undone. "What about his sidekick?" The American asked with a glance in the direction of where Vlad had Caballero tied up on the floor as he picked up Black Guard.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X