Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

    Fluxx turned back ready to explain the chemical operation of Ketamine when his fellow student offered him 8 fl.ounces of the stuff. His eyes widened in surprise. He unscrewed the cap and smelled it, analyzing the chemical compound within.

    [Assuming it's Ketamine] Fluxx smiles though the effect is muted by his cowl mostly obscuring his mouth. He nods his appreciation. He raises the bottle to Venefica in salute then places it to his lips and up-ends it draining into his mouth in several long gulps and redirecting the peristalsis to a leak-proof pocket for the drug.

    "Are we ready Lex?" Fluxx asks.

    When ready, Fluxx will approach the other boy, stepping to place a hand on Lex's back. Then he shifts.

    His mass spreads from the point of contact, draining from the black and white clad Frenchman, it spreads over Lex's shoulders and arms, coating bomber jacket and clothes until a black and white long coat, like a leather duster settles onto Lex. The weight is even evenly distributed but still heavy until piping in the shoulder 'padding' and sleeves fill with Helium to lessen the weight of the 'coat'. While it definitely adds bulk, Fluxx has crafted himself such that the wearer seems to have well developed muscles under the coat.

    Comment


    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

      Alex "Current" Murphy
      HP: 1 CND: Fatigued

      "Ready as I'll ever be," Lex
      nods.

      He does his best not to flinch when Martin swarmed over him and reappeared as a coat. It wasn't that he didn't like Martin, but there was a whole lot of boundaries being invaded by having a Frenchman all over him. And he wasn't entirely sure he was comfortable with that.

      Of course the alternate options involved carrying Martin in his arms, or giving him a piggyback. And he knew he wasn't comfortable with that.

      "Black and white, huh?" He noted as he shifted around to get a better feel for how his balance had changed with the added weight, "Kind of liked the brown better."

      Confident as he could be that he wouldn't fall over on the first few steps he touched two finder to his forehead in a salute, "Back in a flash."

      And with that he turned and charged into the hospital and into danger for the second time that day.

      Comment


      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

        The Blue Knight

        "F---" He cursed, gritting his teeth behind blue flames. He swung again. He could put this monster down, but he couldn't keep it down. Was he just supposed to stay here, floating, like some insane version of that Greek guy who was constantly pushing the boulder?

        Maybe so. It wasn't like Gwyn had any better ideas. He might be able to burn the strength out of this thing, like he'd done to fellow with black flames in the World of Aristos. But that could mess him up too, and it might not work for long. This thing seemed to heal at an alarming rate.

        So he chopped at it again, feeling desperation tugging at him.

        Regular attack again 1d20+5=13 That will probably miss.
        Let's re=roll, shall we? Spending one of those new HP to buy off fatigue. 1d20+5=15 HP adjusts that to a 25. DC 26 Will Damage again.
        Can Gwyn see if Ogre has healed from the burn it presumably got from Felsic? That is to say, might he figure out if its Regen doesn't apply to Lethal damage? Though I imagine it doesn't matter.
        [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

          Ursa
          HP: 0

          Otso pinned down the upper body of Niloticus. As he held their captive down he looked expectantly at Catalyst. As important as he knew this to be, the recent few events had left him feeling anxious.
          Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

            Fluxx, ever-accomodating, switched to brown in color.

            As they sped through, Fluxx kept inhaling through the nose analog on the front of the 'coat'.

            Comment


            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

              Greystone:
              [Jack Rexroth]
              HP: 1 (-1 to counter Fatigue)

              Greystone watched as Caballero shrugged off his attack with relative ease. "Greystone! Electric eel!" Pict shouted to the tattooed teen. "Viktor's invulnerability is useless against energy attacks!"

              The Spaniard shot the Vindicator a glare that said he was right: Pict knew Viktor DeGallow's weakness, and Caballero did not like having that broadcast to his enemies. Charging for Pict, Caballero dodged the fireballs the man hurled from his neck, as well as the jet of yellow flames unleashed from Maze's mouth. The Spaniard collided with Pict and threw him on his back, onto to change course, and head straight for Maze.

              Without hesitation, Candyman planted himself between his ex-girlfriend and certain danger. In his candied form, his gummy physique absorbed some of the impact, but not enough to put him in the same situation Pict was in. Again, Caballero ricocheted--this time speeding towards Greystone. The American easily jumped out of the path of the attack and watched as Caballero hurried past him.

              "He's making room to charge!" Candyman shouted as he got to his feet. His arms stretched suddenly, reaching across the debris-strewn room to grab onto Caballero. Taffy-like arms began to coil around the doppelganger. "See, your problem is, you have the same face as someone I went to school with." Candyman's body was reeled in towards Caballero, as he moved to pin him to the ground. "Same face, same powers, same tactics... I must assume you have the same weakness as well!" His sticky, stretchy limbs began to tighten around Caballero's neck. "You may be invincible, but you still need to breathe."

              Blackguard shot into the room on crimson wings. He took careful aim on the Romanian youth suffocating his partner, and unleashed a jet of spectral flames for the hero. "Yes," he said as Candyman let out a cry of pain, "he needs to breathe... and you need to learn to watch your back."
              "Take your own advice." Jack growled at Black Guard just before he belched fire from his mouth.


              OOC:
              Shapeshift Setup:
              Dragon Breath [16 pts]: Fire Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Cone])
              Dragon Scales: [4 pts] Protection 4
              Dragon Wings [4 pts]: Flight 4 (Flaw: Limited [Winged])

              So let's try something a little different since Jack's move action was spent altering his Shapeshift Setup, so Dragon Breath attack on Caballero which should be a Reflex DC 18 and if it hits that'll be a Toughness DC 23 (if he makes it that'll be a Toughness DC 19)

              Comment


              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                SCHÖNBRUNN PALACE (Shiver; NPCs: Diamond Dust and Larrikin)
                "Either of you happen to grab a comm before we ran off?" Diamond Dust asked.

                Larrikin sighed. "I didn't even change into my uni--everything happened so fast..."

                Though she couldn't see either of them, Shiver got the distinct impression that they were looking to her. Before she could answer, a figure dropped down out of the sky and hovered over the ice.

                He was wearing the uniform of the Vindicators, but he didn't resemble any that Shiver had ever seen. He was a statuesque man in his early twenties, with long, obsidian hair that featured white streaks in his bangs. His eyes were burning withe crimson flames--an effect she'd seen Blue Knight, Ellen, Mister Ashworth, and Mister Fitzroy display. A white cape billowed behind him, and in his chest was an oval window that put his chest hair on display.

                He looked the ice over. "Are you a student from the school?" he asked.

                STEPHANSPLATZ (Magnitude; NPCs: Durendal, Thorn)
                "It's not a teleporter!" Thorn shouted up.

                Durendal flew to the woman and helped her up. He carried her up into the air towards the manhole. "It was one of the speedsters," Durendal told Magnitude. "He came through the wall without leaving a hole. He somehow has the ability to make himself move through solid objects."

                "He was like a ghost!" Thorn exclaimed. "He just... he threw that woman down and went back through the wall!"

                Once he had gotten the woman to the surface, Durendal moved closer to Magnitude. "I do not wish to alarm the young lady, but if this man can move through matter as though it is not there, I fear there may be little we can do to stop him. Do you have any ideas?"

                ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current and Fluxx)
                Fluxx had a scent. He pointed out the way, and Current hurried, pausing only to allow Fluxx to continue to track Cleave.

                As they moved, they saw the signs of his carnage. They saw swords stationed as guards, and they saw health care workers mutilated by the man's blades. Finally, they found him...

                The two were outside the doors of the intensive care unit. From the other side, they could hear a man singing, as his victims begged for their lives. "Im Gras, da schlafen sie!" Cleave sang. "In Mulden versteckt, bis der Hunger sie weckt..."

                "Bitte!" a woman was saying. "Bitte! Bitte!"

                Cleave ignored her. "...so träumen und schlafen sie!"

                Originally posted by Michuru81
                We'll fast-forward a couple of rounds, and have you two come onto him. If you finish him off quick, I'll hold you back a few rounds before you can move to another scene.

                You can see through the room to see him raising a sword to slash a female doctor.

                Cleave is singing, "In the grass, they sleep! Hidden in hollows, until hunger awakens them! That's how they dream and sleep!" As it's a German lullaby, and Martin has an eidetic memory, and Martin is dating a German girl, it's up to you whether you want Martin to recall Tatjana telling him that her mother used to sing 'Wo schlafen Bärenkinder' (Where do Baby Bears Sleep?) to her as a child.

                The doctor is just saying, "Please! Please! Please!"
                PRATER (Blue Knight; NPCs: Catargi, Felsic, Mezzanine, Ogre)
                Again, Blue Knight slashed at the beast, and again, it failed to fall. As Felsic watched helplessly, Catargi and Mezzanine arrived on the scene.

                Mezzanine did not hesitate. Raising her arm, the plates disguised as skin retracted back. Her hand swung down. The cannon stored concealed inside of her limb began to rotate, expanding as it extended. There was a glow behind the lens of her weapon that became more and more brilliant. In no time, she fired a beam from it that struck Ogre in the chest, but still failed to fell the monster.

                "Hold on!" Catargi said, rushing to join Blue Knight. "I might be able to sap some of his strength!"

                Putting her hands on the creature, she took a moment and then looked disappointed. "He's too strong," she said.

                Originally posted by Michuru81
                Ogre's Will save (DC 26) (1d20+1=21) Aww... We wasted the good roll... Bruised and stunned.

                Catargi's Initiative (1d20+5=9)
                Mezzanine's Initiative (1d20+5=22)

                The Order: Round Five
                • Mezzanine (22)
                • Felsic (20): Bruised, Injured, Staggered, Disabled
                • Ogre (17): Prone (-4 Defense); Bruised x3, Stunned (BK, R4)
                • Catargi (9)
                • Blue Knight (7)


                Mezzanine's Attack (1d20+8=14) Hits: Ogre's Toughness (DC 23) (1d20+12=20) Bruised.

                Ogre will heal a bruise.

                Catargi will try to take some of it's strength: Catargi's attack (1d20+4=13) Hits. Ogre's Fortitude save (DC 20) (1d20+15=28)

                BK's up.
                NVAE: WRECK ROOM (Ursa; NPCs: Catalyst, Niloticus, Pachyderm, Sprite, Sublime)
                Catalyst wiped her bloody nose on the back of her hand. "I... I can..."

                The Esper collapsed to the floor. The strain of pushing herself past her limits seemed to be too much for her.

                KUNSTISTORISCHES MUSEUM (Greystone; NPCs: Candyman, Maze, Pict)
                As Greystone's flame breath spread over Candyman and Caballero, Pict climbed to his feet and charged at Blackguard. He swung his blades, only to watch as his steel was blocked by a shell of crimson flames.

                Standing once more, Maze sent a jet of flames for Blackguard that he dodged as easily as Pict dodged the spectral mace the man formed.

                Originally posted by Michuru81
                The Order: Round Two
                • Blackguard (16 [+6])
                • Greystone (16 [+4])
                • Pict (14): Prone
                • Maze (9): Prone
                • Caballero (8): -6 Defense; Bruised, Pinned (-4 Defense, No Dodge), Stunned (Greystone, R2), Suffocating (Candyman, R1)
                • Candyman (3): Bruised, Injured, Stunned (Blackguard, R2)


                Caballero's Reflex save (DC 18) (1d20-2=3) and Caballero's Toughness save (DC 23) (1d20+12=14) Bruised, Stunned. I also just realized I misread pinned: -4 Defense, not -4 Dexterity. Oh, well, same result.

                Candyman's Reflex (DC 18) (1d20+5=11) and Candyman's Toughness (DC 23) (1d20+10=26)

                Pict: Move action to stand, charge Blackguard. Pict's Attack (-4 Power Attack) (1d20+10=20) Hits: Blackguard's Toughness save (DC 25) (1d20+12=16) Ugh... I'm actually going to fiat that one. Hero point to Jack. Blackguard's Toughness save (DC 25) (1d20+12=15) 3 becomes 13, +12 = 25, so safe.

                Maze: Move action to stand and blast BG. Maze's Attack (1d20+4=17) That's a miss.

                Caballero and Candyman are both stunned.

                New round is kicked off by Blackguard. He'll go for Pict. Blackguard's Attack (-2 Power Attack) (1d20+6=14) Misses.

                Greystone's up.
                HUNDERTWASSER HOUSE (NPCs: Fiore, Robor)
                With Kiln and Gae'bolg gone, it was Fiore alone against Robor. Nothing he had done had made much of a difference against the man's raw power, and with the revelation that his classmate's father was actually across the city, he didn't know if anything he could have done would have mattered. Still, he really wished he had been more insistent about his sister coming with them. Perhaps together, Gae'bolg and the Caspian siblings could have matched Robor's power, countering his abilities and paving the way for Kiln to take the man down?

                None of that matters now, Fiore told himself. You can play the should-of would-of could-of game later--now you have to survive this!

                He stood poised, ready to defend himself against Robor's worse. He had seen the man try to bind their limbs with vines and incapacitate them with pollen sprayed into the face. Both were tricks Fiore had at his disposal, but without an actual target, his powers meant nothing...

                "You're overconfident," Robor said, "thinkin' y'can hold yer own against me all by yer lonesome... I'm going to tear you to shreds, boyo..."

                Fiore saw them: vines shooting at him from the front and sides. No doubt they were coming from behind, too. It would be hard to dodge, but with his agility...

                Just as Fiore moved to leap clear, he saw something curious: the vines slammed into something unseen--some sort of invisible barrier.

                "Huh?" he asked.

                "You're one of the students, right?"

                Fiore turned around, and saw a blonde woman a year or so his senior. She was tall and broad shouldered with wide hips. With her thick frame, Fiore had been smitten the first time he saw her... He recognized her, even without her accent marking her as an American: he had seen her at the school, on the arm of his teacher...

                "Corey left as soon as he got the call about the skeletons--just left me at the restaurant... I was trying to catch up when all hell broke loose. Any chance of you giving me a sit-rep?"

                "And just who are you?" Robor asked.

                The woman shot him a glare. "I'm Boson," she said. "I'm one of the Vindicators from America."

                Originally posted by Michuru81
                Boson's Initiative (1d20+1=15) She'll go ahead and create a barrier around them.

                The Order: Round Five
                • Fiore (21): +4 Defense; Bruised, Injured
                • Boson (15)
                • Robor (14)
                NVAE: BRIG (NPCs: Chuck, Dante, Gwen, Mikayla)
                Dante put all of his power behind his punch, only for the teenage girl to dodge it. His eyes showed his alarm as Gwen began weaving her hands through the air. She uttered the incantation, only to watch in horror as he resisted her best attempt at stopping his attempt at a jailbreak.

                Originally posted by Michuru81
                The Order: Round Two
                • Dante (12)
                • Gwen (7): Bruised, Staggered


                Dante's Attack (-5 Power Attack) (1d20+5=9) Miss!

                Gwen will go for a Mind Control attempt: Gwen's Mind Control (1d20+8=13) vs. Dante's Will save (1d20+10=24)
                ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (NPCs: Fuchs, Murphy, Parabola, Police, Venefica, Verve)
                "We stick to the plan," her boyfriend's father said. He looked over the crew they'd been given: aside from foursome of officers Fuchs was leading, he was accompanied by three teenage Neo-Sapiens.

                Verve was the youngest. A freshman, her power made it so that she never knew what exhaustion felt like. Moreover, with a touch she could remove the fatigue of a friend. It had it's uses, but with no offensive or defensive capabilities, she was a liability.

                Next was Venefica, an American girl who had created quite a stir when she first arrived. The senior had quickly left Dag infatuated with her--an aspect of her ability to transform chemicals, they later learned. She had controlled him, making him leave his girlfriend, and that made several suspicious of her--Kirstie included.

                Lastly, there was Kirstie herself. She was the key to their battle plan. Lex's father would power her up, and her duty was to redirect the energy at the blades. Clear the room of danger, then let the police evacuate.

                Inside at the entrance to pediatrics, they found two blades patrolling--keeping a group of civilians in the lobby. "Ready?" the P.E. teacher asked.

                Kirstie nodded. She raised an arm towards him and another towards one of the blades. "Do it."

                Murphy sent a bolt of electricity flying from himself. It caressed the girl's fingertips, slid down her arm, across her chest and shot down her other limb. The lightning lept from her fingertips and struck one of the swords, but failed to remove it from the battlefield.

                "Dammit," she hissed as the swords began to fly towards her. As the first slashed for her, Roger rolled to put himself between her and the threat. She gasped as the blade raked down the man's back, then spotted its brother stabbing for her. She moved, and it clipped her--tearing the sleeve of her shirt but left her flesh intact. "Are you okay?" she asked the man before her.

                Murphy nodded. Electricity crackled between his fingers. He shot the power forward and Kirstie redirected it over his shoulder, for the sword that had hit him.

                She watched in horror as a silvery disc opened in front of the bolt. She wasn't sure what had happened. All she knew was that she had missed the target.

                "Bauer!" one of the officers exclaimed.

                <<"Young lady!">> Fuchs shouted to Verve. <<"Can you get him to the medics? We'll handle the swords...">>

                As Verve moved to drag a fallen officer out of the hospital, the remaining police trained their guns on the swords and opened fire. Kirstie heard the guns fire, and then Murphy screamed in pain. He stumbled and looked about to fall into Kirstie. "Mister Murphy?" she asked, alarmed. "What's wrong? What happened?"

                Originally posted by Michuru81
                Surprise round! Parabola's attack (1d20+4=14) Hits. Sword's Toughness (DC 25) (1d20+10=30) Of course, it would...

                Initiative!

                Swords' Initiative (1d20+4=23)
                Parabola's Initiative (1d20+6=17)
                Murphy's Initiative (1d20+1=10)
                Verve's Initiative (1d20+11=23)
                Venefica's Initiative (1d20+1=17)
                Police Officers' Initiative (1d20+1=4)
                Skew's Initiative (1d20+8=22)

                The Order: Round One
                • Verve (23 [+11])
                • Sword A (23 [+4])
                • Sword B (23 [+4])
                • Skew (22)
                • Parabola (17 [+6])
                • Venefica (17 [+1])
                • Murphy (10): Bruised x4, Injured x4, Stunned (Fuchs, R1), Staggered, Disabled
                • Fuchs (4)
                • Cop A (4)
                • Cop C (4)
                • Cop D (4)


                Verve will follow orders.

                Sword A will go for Kirstie. Roger will interpose. Sword's attack (1d20+11=21) Hits. Roger's Toughness save (DC 18) (1d20+2=16) Bruised and injured.

                Sword B will go for Kirstie. Roger can't interpose a second time. Sword's attack (1d20+11=26) Hits. Parabola's Toughness save (DC 18) (1d20+3=18) We're good.

                Skew will deflect.

                Kirstie will hold for Roger.

                Venefica will hold.

                Roger will charge Kirstie. Kirstie will shoot. Parabola's attack roll (1d20+4=15) vs. Skew's Deflect (1d20+10=24) and he'll throw it at a cop: Skew's Redirect (1d20+10=11) Flat-footed, that'll hit: Police Officer's Toughness save (DC 25) (1d20+4=13) One cop down.

                The cops will open fire on the swords. Cops' attacks (1d20+3=15, 1d20+3=21, 1d20+3=6, 1d20+3=11) I neglected the penalty for shooting into melee in those rolls, so I need to subtract 4 from each. Skew, meanwhile, will continue to deflect. Skew's Deflects (1d20+8=16, 1d20+6=21, 1d20+4=7, 1d20+2=7) With the penalties, he beats all of the rolls except for the last one, which he ties. These will all go for Roger.

                Roger's Toughness save (DC 18) (1d20+1=5) Bruised, Injured, Stunned, Staggered, Disabled
                Roger's Toughness save (DC 18) (1d20=10) Bruised, Injured, Stunned
                Roger's Toughness save (DC 18) (1d20-1=5) Bruised, Injured

                Minor note on Skew's logic: Skew saw Roger generate electricity and Kirstie hurl it with relative ease, making him assume it would be pointless to redirect the energy towards them (as the odds of them being immune to it are slightly high). Sure, he was briefed on Kirstie's powers, but he also knows that she's not much without a power source. Ergo, send the energy at the cops and the ballistics at the supers.
                Armada Status

                Comment


                • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                  Violet Lear
                  HP: 2

                  "Are you a student from the school?" he asked.
                  Violet nodded. "We all are. Who are you? If you're here to help you're too late. Skew was here but he's gone now."

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                    Magnitude
                    Kasimir Flaegler
                    HP 1 LP 1


                    Magnitude frowned as he considered the speedster. He was missing something. The Vitesse's actions made no sense. They hadn't caused any deaths yet, but if they weren't planning on harming the civilians, why imprison them in a tunnel?

                    Or was this simply a ruse to draw firepower away from the school? The wizards had employed that sort of gambit, so why wouldn't this collection of thugs?

                    "Ja, there is something that can be done. Take Thorn back to the academy. I have a feeling this is nothing more than another feint...the second today by a group who intends harm. I will handle the Vitesse brothers. They can pass through matter, but they do not fly, so despite his ability to phase his molecular structure through matter, this man is affected by gravity. If gravity can touch him, so can I."

                    "Once at the academy, Thorn can introduce you to the people in charge. Explain your capabilities and they'll know how best to use your talents."


                    Kas hoped Durendal would take his advice because he had to take a serious risk facing the speedster, especially if all three brothers were present. He had to wait for the super fast NS to attack him and react to that assault. It promised to be painful if he couldn't react in time.

                    In the middle of it all, he was almost tempted to laugh. Lex hated the fact that the school had been targeted by Laputa, but this was a new level. Two different groups attacking the school using the same tactics on the same day. Lex would be apoplectic.

                    Initiative. 1d20+3

                    Kas's plan is to hold his action until the next Vitesse brother comes zipping in, then he'll act.

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                      Ursa
                      HP: 0

                      "Damnit! Someone get her to the infirmary, I'll haul Lacuna into the cell. Make the walls opaque, we'll have to try and contain it until Catalyst can try again."
                      Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                        Fluxx waited only long enough to say "Get zem to safety." before geysering forward using the last of Lex's momentum and rolling in a golden wave over the floor to impact Cleave's legs, hard, while golden psuedopods coat and claw their way up to try to bind the man.

                        Unarmed attack: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
                        if that hits Cleave then DC15 Toughness but also a Grapple
                        Grapple: 1D20+16 = [13]+16 = 29
                        (if grappled then chokehold)
                        Also, if Martin has a hold Then he will Surge to inject a double dose of Venefica's Ketamine into Cleave.
                        Martin is limited to a PR5 effect with his transmute, I dunno what Venefica's is like with her earlier crit on the knowledge roll.

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                          Alex "Current" Murphy
                          HP: 1 CND: Fatigued

                          Lex swore as Martin knocked him off balance charging for the bad guy.

                          "Every god damn time," Lex muttered as he shifted his balance and pushed on forward again, "Every god damn time they hug the god damned bad guy while they're working with a guy who shoots god damn electricity!"

                          What was worse, in his mind, was that while Martin could have phased the people out the best Lex could do was walk with them. Carrying them could kill them, not that he was generally strong enough to pull it off anyways. With Martin in the way like he was the best he could do was put himself in between the hostage and the swords. Hopefully he could take out any swords that were going for the hostages before they cut him to shreds again.

                          OOC: Not much to do until we get the lay of the room. Until then Lex will try to put himself between the sword and the Doctor. Will burn an HP for interpose if necessary.

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                            Greystone:
                            [Jack Rexroth]
                            HP: 2

                            As Greystone's flame breath spread over Candyman and Caballero, Pict climbed to his feet and charged at Blackguard. He swung his blades, only to watch as his steel was blocked by a shell of crimson flames.

                            Standing once more, Maze sent a jet of flames for Blackguard that he dodged as easily as Pict dodged the spectral mace the man formed.
                            Since Pict and Maze were keeping Blackguard busy, Jack kept his focus on Caballero and despite Candyman being so near to him the American breathed out another gout of flames seeking to put him down so he could help the others.


                            OOC:
                            Sticking with the Dragon Breath attack, still targeting Caballero. So that's another Reflex DC 18 and if it hits that'll be a Toughness DC 23 (if he makes it that'll be a Toughness DC 19). Going to stay with what's working at the moment.

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                              The Blue Knight

                              "What the s--- was that?!" Gwyn said, not quite believing what he'd just seen. Newton's daughter was some kind of robot! It made sense, but it was still surprising, even in a world of men with wings of fire and the men behind September 8th were all copies of the same men.

                              Be surprised later. Put this thing down now. He swung through it again, hoping to fell the ugly beast.

                              The problem was keeping it down for the count. Not so long ago, Gaspar had asked him what he would do, how he would feel, if he killed someone. This thing wasn't a real monster, Gwyn was pretty sure. It was a Neo-Sapien, a person just like him.

                              And he might have to kill it.

                              Will Strike again 1d20+5=19 DC 26 again.
                              [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                                SCHÖNBRUNN PALACE (Shiver; NPCs: Diamond Dust and Larrikin)
                                "Are you a student from the school?" he asked.

                                Shiver nodded. "We all are."

                                "We?" the stranger asked. It hit her then: in his ice cloud form, Diamond Dust was difficult to see, and Larrikin was currently transparent. It was likely that she was the only one he could see.

                                "Violet..." Diamond Dust was keeping his voice low. He was whispering, but there was a sense of urgency in his tone. "Get away from him... Now."

                                "Why?" asked Larrikin. "Isn't he on our side?"

                                "That's Dominique Infinity," Diamond Dust said. "He was two years over me. I used to idolize him, but he... He's not a good person."

                                "Who are you?" Shiver asked the man. "If you're here to help you're too late. Skew was here but he's gone now."

                                "I am Nothing. I don't know what a Skew is, but I did not come here to help you. I came here to triumph."

                                STEPHANSPLATZ (Magnitude; NPCs: Durendal, Thorn)
                                Durendal nodded. "I am hesitant to leave you alone against zese scoundrels, but I will yield to your experience." As he offered a hand to Thorn, the ground began to shake. It broke suddenly, when one of the Vitesse brother's heads pierced the surface. He was spinning his body like a drill through the earth. Was this how they had toppled a building and collapsed tunnels?

                                He moved fast. He was there in an instant, and a moment later, he had his hands raised in surrender. "I am Francois Vitesse," he said. "Before you attack me, I must warn you of some things...

                                "One, we have several hostages. This cavity you have found is one of many we have across this area of the city. We have hundreds of people. We have not harmed any of them.

                                "Two, I am presently wearing a communicator. My brother Antoine can hear everything. Should this escalate to anything further than talking, I can make no assures for the safety of our hostages.

                                "Three, if you are now willing to talk to me, as a show of good faith, I will lead you to where we have hidden another group of hostages. You will be allowed to rescue all fifty people trapped there.

                                "Do you understand these terms? Do you have any questions?"

                                NVAE: WRECK ROOM (Ursa; NPCs: Catalyst, Niloticus, Pachyderm, Sprite, Sublime)
                                Sublime carried Catalyst out of the room and the others followed. Ursa brought up the rear, closing the door to the chamber behind him. The Wreck Room installed one-way glass, letting them see in, but not permitting Niloticus to see out. "Prodigy!" Ursa's head went up as he heard her voice. "I have information you'll need to relay to the others..." Tallemaja said as she walked in to the room.

                                ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current and Fluxx)
                                Cleave was a tall, muscular man, who kept his head clean shaven. He had thick eyebrows as dark as night, and a goatee to match. His attire was simple: a tactical jacket, cargo pants, and thick boots that climbed up his calves.

                                As Fluxx cascaded over him, he found the smell of blood almost infused with the man. "Finally!" he laughed. His accent was undoubtedly German. "I was wondering when you children would arrive!"

                                Fluxx tried to smother him while simultaneously injecting him with the chemicals Venefica had provided. "Ooo, that's the stuff!" he said. His voice sounded even more hoarse than before, thanks to his fighting for air.

                                KUNSTISTORISCHES MUSEUM (Greystone; NPCs: Candyman, Maze, Pict)
                                As Greystone's breath rolled over the tangled bodies of Candyman and Caballero, the air between Pict and Blackguard shimmered. Crimson flames danced along Pict's blade where the villain's shield intercepted another attack. "You'll have to do better than that," the man boasted.

                                He had spoken too soon: he had not noticed Maze move to clear the distance between them and thrust her own spectral weapon between his ribs. "How's that?" his fellow Brit asked. "Is that better?"

                                Originally posted by Michuru81
                                The Order: Round Three/Four
                                • Blackguard (16 [+6]): Bruised, Stunned (Maze, R3)
                                • Greystone (16 [+4])
                                • Pict (14): Prone
                                • Maze (9): Prone
                                • Caballero (8): Bruised x2, Pinned (-4 Defense, No Dodge), Suffocating (Candyman, R1)
                                • Candyman (3): Bruised, Injured


                                Caballero's Reflex save (DC 18) (1d20=20) - Caballero's Toughness save (DC 19) (1d20+11=15) Bruised.

                                Candyman's Reflex save (DC 18) (1d20+5=14) - Candyman's Toughness save (DC 23) (1d20+9=28) Perfectly fine.

                                Pict will continue on Blackguard: Pict's Attack (-4 Power Attack) (1d20+8=13) Miss

                                Maze will manifest her soul weapon and charge: Maze's attack (+2 Charge) (1d20+10=20) Hits: Blackguard's Toughness save (DC 23) (1d20+12=17) Bruised and stunned. Can he keep the Force Field up? Blackguard's Concentration check (DC 20) (1d20+10=28) He can indeed!

                                Caballero has used up his Con rounds for holding his breath. Caballero's Fortitude save (DC 10) (1d20+9=23) Good there, so he'll try and escape the grapple: Caballero's Grapple (1d20+2=11) There's no sense in rolling Vlad's, as his bonus alone beats that.

                                BG is stunned, making it Jack's move.
                                PRATER (Blue Knight; NPCs: Catargi, Felsic, Mezzanine, Ogre)
                                Blue Knight stabbed his sword down again, and again, the beast failed to fall. After it absorbed a blast from Mezzanine's cannon without showing any wear, Catargi sighed and stood eye-to-eye with the giant. "Stop this," she commanded. "Stop this at once."

                                Ogre lazily flailed for the teacher, causing the woman to step back. She wasn't in danger, no--the beast's movements were sluggish and it was in no position to attack. Still, Catargi was not used to battle, and translated any movement from the creature as life-threatening. "Something is wrong," she remarked. "It's as though I have it mesmerized, but it's not listening to my orders..."

                                Originally posted by Michuru81
                                First off, hero point to BK for the whole "might need to kill it" thing.

                                The Order: Round Five/Six
                                • Mezzanine (22)
                                • Felsic (20): Bruised, Injured, Staggered, Disabled
                                • Ogre (17): Prone (-4 Defense); Bruised x3, Stunned (BK, R5)
                                • Catargi (9)
                                • Blue Knight (7)


                                Ogre's Will (DC 26) (1d20=12) Fail by 14.

                                Anne's Attack (1d20+8=10) - Ogre's Toughness (DC 23) (1d20+11=27)

                                Ogre will heal some conditions.

                                Catargi will go for a hypnotic gaze: Ogre's Will save (DC 20) (1d20+3=15)

                                Gwyn's up again, Eld!
                                HUNDERTWASSER HOUSE (NPCs: Boson, Fiore, Robor)
                                "Someone wants to kill our headmaster," Fiore explained, "and he hired a bunch of psychopaths to draw the school's heavy hitters away. Worse part is: we know it's a distraction, but we have no choice. This guy here controls plants. He's a classmate's dad. Apparently, he killed his daughters in some sort of ritual to increase his power. He took down a Vindicator, and I had my teammate retreat."

                                "Which Vindicator?" asked Boson. "Quintessence?"

                                "Kiln."

                                Boson nodded. "What are your powers?"

                                "I control plants."

                                "Just like the bad guy?"

                                "Just like the bad guy."

                                "Can you counter him?"

                                "I've tried." Fiore sighed. "As I said: he's strong."

                                "And he's smart," Robor said. The ground gave way then as vines broke through. The plants swarmed inside of the invisible dome Boson had erected, and moved to grab both of the heroes. While Fiore jumped clear, a vine began to twist around Boson's leg. Still, the girl pulled away and rolled to safety.

                                "He's also too slow to grab the fat girl," Boson said. "Seriously: you're so pathetic, you make Deimos look competent."

                                Originally posted by Michuru81

                                The Order: Round Six
                                • Fiore (21): +4 Defense; Bruised, Injured
                                • Boson (15)
                                • Robor (14)


                                With Boson's barrier protecting, both will take defensive stances and talk.

                                Robor will come under the dome with his area snare: Fiore's Reflex saves (DC 20/X) (1d20+10=24, 1d20+10=25) and Boson's Reflex saves (DC 20/X) (1d20+4=10, 1d20+4=23)
                                NVAE: BRIG (NPCs: Chuck, Dante, Gwen, Mikayla)
                                Again, Dante's anger got the better of him: his punch was wild and one Gwen easily dodged. Once more, the girl moved to cast a spell. "Spurbleemed!" she shouted.

                                Chuck's head drooped forward and his body sagged as he fell into a deep sleep.

                                Dante looked at the Welsh girl incredulously. "Really?" he asked.

                                ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (NPCs: Fuchs, Murphy, Parabola, Police x3, Sword x2, Venefica)
                                As the swords swung for Murphy and Parabola, the man stumbled and caught himself on his son's girlfriend. "They shot me," he said weakly. "I don't know how, but they shot me..."

                                Kirstie looked down the man's back: sure enough, dark pools of blood were forming over his shirt. "Stop firing!" she shouted back to the police. "Something's going on!"

                                She considered what Lex had said: they were mindless automatons who only attacked those who attacked them, or those who tried to leave. They would continue to slash at Roger and her until they were down, and they wouldn't allow anyone else to leave. "Venefica," she said. "Get Mister Murphy to the ambulances."

                                "No," the American man said between labored breaths.

                                Kirstie ignored his protests. "Don't move until they do. Herr Fuchs, I need you to have your men follow them out."

                                "What about you?" Fuchs asked.

                                "I'll draw the swords' attention," she said.

                                Would they follow her if she went deeper into the hospital? Were they stationed to prevent anyone from leaving the area or leaving the hospital? She couldn't chance that they wouldn't follow her into the hospital, leaving the exit free for everyone to evacuate. No, she had the attention of one sword--she needed to wrangle the other's...

                                The girl rushed forward and reached for the hilt of the blade that had slashed at Roger. Her fingers closed around the weapon. She snatched it out of the air and began to spin. She spun around and released the sword, throwing it across the room and sending it crashing into a corkboard. "Go!" she screamed.

                                Venefica licked her hand, then covered Murphy's mouth with it. As he felt himself getting weaker, the police grabbed him and hustled him out the doors... leaving Parabola alone against Cleave's creations...

                                Originally posted by Michuru81
                                The Order: Round Two
                                • Sword A (23 [+4])
                                • Sword B (23 [+4])
                                • Skew (22)
                                • Parabola (17 [+6]): Bruised, Injured
                                • Venefica (17 [+1])
                                • Murphy (10): Bruised x5, Injured x5, Stunned (Sword A, R2), Staggered, Disabled
                                • Fuchs (4)
                                • Cop A (4)
                                • Cop C (4)
                                • Cop D (4)


                                Sword A will go for Roger: Sword's Attack (1d20+11=25) - Roger's Toughness save (DC 18) (1d20-2=11)

                                Sword B will go for Kirstie: Sword's Attack (1d20+11=20) - Kirstie's Toughness save (DC 18) (1d20+3=16)

                                Skew will deflect.

                                Parabola's Grab (1d20+6=20) - Parabola's Grapple (1d20+7=24) As the sword has a negative grapple, she has it. Kirstie will throw it.

                                Venefica will dose Roger to keep him from fighting them: Roger's Fortitude save (DC 18) (1d20+6=17)
                                Armada Status

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X