Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

    Ursa
    HP: 1 -> 0

    For a split-second Otso had to admire how well the others worked together. He had to do his part, he couldn't afford to let them down. "More times than you have in you, Lacuna!" He brought both paws down on the possessed reptilian.

    HP to Heroic Feat Power Attack for an All-out Power Attack 5 (1d20+6+4=28). Toughness DC is 30, Otso's effective Defense is 11.
    Last edited by McGuffin; 11th October 2014, 11:56 AM.
    Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

    Comment


    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

      Magnitude
      Kasimir Flaegler
      HP 1 LP 1


      Underground? How could they be...the sewers!

      Swooping over to Thorn, he wrapped his arm around her waist. "Hold onto me Rose. I am afraid I have to use my powers for a different purpose than allowing you to fly."

      "Okay, I am going to open a manhole since our speedsters are likely using the sewers to travel undetected. Once I do so, can you expand the growth of mold and fungus within the open sewer Thorn?"


      Kas's plan...Mold and fungus produce spores which can choke and suffocate a person or give them a nasty pulonary infection. Kas is hoping to eat up enough of the viable atmosphere in the sewers that the speedsters (the Vitesse brothers?) are forced to come above ground.

      Comment


      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

        PRATER (Blue Knight; NPCs: Catargi, Felsic, Mezzanine, Ogre)
        When Ogre fell, Blue Knight took a moment to survey the wreckage before looking to Felsic. "First, are you you going to be alright?"

        "Tämä on perseestä," the girl swore, rubbing her neck. She sighed and met Blue Knight's gaze. "Yes, I'm fine. A little shaken, but I'll be all right."

        "Now, we make sure nobody's hurt too bad, ya? And mebbe when Catagari gets here she can weaken this thing some--make sure he ain't so tough when he gets back up." Blue Knight eyed Ogre's still form worriedly. "I'll radio the school--let em know we handled the monster here."

        As he put his hand to his ear and hailed dispatch, Ogre began to stir.

        "Skeida," muttered Felsic.

        Originally posted by Michuru81
        Ogre's Constitution means the recovery checks are automatically passed. Hero point to BK.
        SCHÖNBRUNN PALACE (Shiver; NPCs: Diamond Dust and Larrikin)
        The ice spread out, and both Larrikin and Skew ended up on their backs. "Looks like I need to take to the high ground," Skew grumbled, opening a silvery disc below him. He fell through it, and vanished from sight.

        Originally posted by Michuru81
        Skew's Dexterity check (1d20=3)
        Larrikin's Dexterity check (1d20+2=3) Actually, Larrikin's fails by 1 more, as I neglected the penalties to his Dex the fatigue causes.

        The Order: Round Two
        • Skew (25)
        • Diamond Dust (17)
        • Larrikin (15): Fatigued (–2 to Str and Dex, –1 to attack and defense, and cannot move all out)
        • Shiver (13)


        Notice checks.
        ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Kirstie, Murphy, Police)
        "If it's not safe for me, it's not safe for you!" Kirstie argued. "I'm not taking that thing, and you're not going in without me!"

        "E--excuse me?" asked one of the officers. "I hate to interrupt, but... My name is Fuchs. Can you tell me what's happening here?"

        KUNSTISTORISCHES MUSEUM (Greystone; NPCs: Candyman, Maze, Pict)
        "If he knows we're here," Pict said, touching at his tattoos. The ink gushed from his skin, pooling together to form a three-dimensional tiger. "We'll send in a distraction. My tiger will go in first, draw his attention, and we'll come around from behind. How does that sound?"

        NVAE: HALLWAY (Ursa; NPCs: Newton, Niloticus, Pachyderm, Sprite, Warder)
        Ursa brought both of his paws down over the brute and watched as Niloticus collapsed before him.

        Sprite's face showed her disbelief. "We did it?" she asked.

        Warder knelt down beside the figure and poked it. "Unless he's feigning..." He looked back up at the others. "We need to secure him. There's no telling when he'll come around, and we need to be ready when he does..."

        Originally posted by Michuru81
        The Order: Round Four
        • Ursa (8)
        • Niloticus (5): Bruised x2, Stunned (Ursa, R4), Staggered, Unconscious
        • Sprite (4)
        • The Pachyderm (1)
        • Warder (-1)


        Niloticus' Toughness save (DC 28) (1d20+11=13) Bam! Failed by 15! Bruised, Stunned, Staggered, and Unconscious!
        STEPHANSPLATZ (Magnitude; NPCs: Durendal, Thorn)
        Durendal clapped excitedly. "Zat is brilliant!" he exclaimed.

        Thorn shrugged. "I've never tried to, but I guess I can give it a shot. It should work in theory, right?"

        "If zey are down zere," Durendal said, opening a manhole, "perhaps I should go first? I am impervious to 'arm: nozing zese two do can 'urt me."

        HUNDERTWASSER HOUSE (NPCs: Fiore, Gae'bolg, Kiln, Robor)
        Fiore hit the ground and rolled. "It's no good!" he shouted to Kiln. "He's too strong for me to fight him for control of Randy!"

        "We need to find the real Robor, and take the fight to him!" Kiln cried. "It won't do us any good to keep going through his doppelgangers! Any chance you can find him?"

        "No," the Italian said sadly. "I think we could-" A plant swelled in size before them, growing to Kiln's elevation, and swiftly blooming into a flower. Spraying pollen in the Vindicator's face evoked a cough, but little more.

        It caught Fiore off guard as well, and gave Gae'bolg the opportunity to close the distance between them. Swinging his branch-like limbs into Fiore, the rough bark coating the Irish youth grazed Fiore's cheek, and drew blood.

        "I hate to say it," Kiln said, "but if you can't free Randy from his father's control, we may have to hurt him..."

        Originally posted by Michuru81
        Fiore's Initiative (1d20+12=21)
        Kiln's Initiative (1d20+6=23)
        Gae'bolg's Initiative (1d20-1=7)
        Robor's Initiative (1d20=14)

        The Order: Round Two
        • Kiln (23): Dazed
        • Fiore (21): Bruised, Injured
        • Robor (14)
        • Gae'bolg (7): Mind Controlled (Robor; R1)


        Fiore and Kiln will try and figure a way out of this that doesn't involve hurting Randy.

        Robor will make a move on Kiln: Robor's attack (1d20+6=25) That's a hit. Kiln's Fortitude save (DC 24) (1d20+3=23) Kiln's only dazed.

        Gae'bolg, on the other hand, will take a swing at Fiore: Gae'bolg's attack (1d20+6=22) Will IC show Fiore the same love it just showed Kiln? Fiore's Toughness save (DC 25) (1d20+4=23) It will!
        Armada Status

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

          How long in to the seven minutes are we? Would it help if Martin and the girls approached via the roof (which makes sense since they are flying)?
          .

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

            Magnitude
            Kasimir Flaegler
            HP 1 LP 1


            Kas nodded thoughtfully at Durendal's suggestion. How could he be certain the french hero was as invincible as he claimed to be? How could he be certain that the man wasn't actually allied with the villains? He couldn't. Then again, if the Vitesse brothers were here, then he sent Larrikin into a situation he was likely unprepared to handle.

            Silently, he cursed his own lack of foresight. If he misjudged this challenge and Violet, Juozas and Larrikin's challenge, then he could potentially have sent every team into a situation they were not ready for. How foolish and arrogant he had been back at the school. When this was over, he owed everyone an apology. Those that survived his poor judgement anyway.

            He'd do that...but right now, he had to focus on stopping a trio of speedsters who were far more capable of large scale destruction than he'd imagined.

            "Ja, go in first, but be cautious. I realize you believe you are invulnerable to harm, but don't underestimate them."

            Kas realized his warning to Durendal made him sound like a condescending swine, but it couldn't be helped. These men had toppled a building...no mean feat.

            Comment


            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

              Violet Lear
              HP: 2

              "Why don't you bugger off instead!" Violet immediately started looking around for where Skew had gone.She took a couple steps over and helped Larrikin up. "You need to hide yourself. Jouzas and I can't hurt each other so Skew'll set us both on you if he can."

              Comment


              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                Alex "Current" Murphy
                HP: 1 CND: Injured 2, Staggered, Fatigued

                Lex
                sighed and muttered to himself, "Yes, it would be a shame if it went wrong and I had a chance at living through it."

                He didn't really appreciate Kirstie trying to hold herself hostage, but she was about to learn he didn't handle hostage situations very well.

                He glanced over at the officer and grinned. A look that probably would have been less ghoulish if he wasn't bleeding with blood dripping down his lip.

                "Hello officer," He says pleasantly as if talking over a coffee, "A man entered the building a while back, apparently he makes swords. Those swords aren't very smart, but they're told to kill anybody who tries to leave. They move really fast, but they always float about... oh... yay high. A lot easier to hit if you know that."

                "I'm working on a theory here, since they didn't follow me, that the swords won't leave the room they're in,"
                He grins, "If I'm wrong, grab the girl and run, okay?"

                And with that he turns his attention back to the building, pointing at the nearest sword and letting loose a barrage of lightning.

                Comment


                • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                  ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Kirstie, Murphy, Police)
                  Lex watched as the energy exploded from his fingertips. His opponents were, essentially, living lightning rods, and seemed to pull the electricity right to them.

                  The light from his blast faded, and the swords were gone from sight.

                  Originally posted by Michuru81
                  I'm hoping to catch Lex up shortly, flynn.

                  I'll hold on Kas and Violet's scenes until the others are all in.

                  Both attacks hit... Swords' Toughness saves (DC 25) (1d20+10=24, 1d20+10=13) ...and both swords are down. I'll let you take the scene here, Arky: go let Lex evacuate the room--do what he needs to here.
                  Armada Status

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                    Alex "Current" Murphy
                    HP: 1 CND: Injured 2, Staggered, Fatigued

                    Lex
                    grinned, "Results are inconclusive. Have to try again on the next door, ya know? For science!"

                    Where was Martin when he needed him. The Frenchman would have appreciated that. Maybe.

                    He looked at the Officer, "I could use your help, there's a lot of scared people in that room and I'm probably just going to scare them looking like this. Having a cop there would help, ya know?"

                    He limps forward into the room, makes his way to the far door to make sure nobody was trying to sneak up on them with more flying swords, <<The swords are gone. Please follow the officer and lets get you all to safety.>>

                    He waited for the last of them to empty the room before following them back outside. Clearing the entrances was probably all he could really manage at this point. As much as he was denying it to Kirstie and his Dad he was in a significant amount of pain and he was starting to have problems breathing.

                    A knock down drag out fight in close quarters against a couple swords was going to be the death of him, especially with Kirstie following him like a human target.

                    "Better hope that backup gets here quick," Lex said to his Dad and Kirstie as he made it back to the police line, "We're going to have to do this quick because when the guy inside figures out we're saving the hostages it's going to get ugly in there."

                    He looked at his Dad, "You any good at hurling lightning? Because I was pretty awful at it when I started."

                    He looked to see if that Officer was still around, "Maybe we can get some police sharp shooters in with us. "

                    OOC: This should easily push us up to Martin's arrival I hope.

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                      ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Fuchs, Kirstie, Murphy, Police)
                      Roger Murphy counted every hostage that was escorted out. When the last of them had left the lobby, the big man turned to his son. "C'mere," he said, opening his arms wide. He pulled Lex into a hug and held him tightly for several moments rendered awkward by the presence of the police. "I remember the day you were born... You know when they handed you to me? I never imagined that one day I'd watch you risk your own life to save the lives of seventeen strangers.

                      "I've always been proud of you, Lex... but I can't possibly imagine being able to be prouder, y'know?" He gave his son another pat before forcing himself to let go. He smiled sheepishly at the teen. "Sorry to embarrass you in front of your girlfriend," he said. "I know that you want to stop this guy before he hurts anyone else, but... can we at least get you bandaged up? That cut looks pretty bad, Lex..."

                      Kirstie wasn't about to leave it open to debate. She took her boyfriend's hand in hers and pulled him to follow her outside and towards one of the waiting ambulances. "Better hope that backup gets here quick," Lex said, "because when the guy inside figures out we're saving the hostages, it's going to get ugly in there."

                      "We need a plan," Kirstie said. "This is happening at every entrance. We could go and free the other hostages, but if we don't stop the nutter making these things..."

                      "You any good at hurling lightning?" Lex asked his father. "Because I was pretty awful at it when I started."

                      "I'm terrible," said the man, "but I've already thought of a work-around." He inclined his head towards Kirstie. "I'm going to stay close to your girlfriend. I'm a terrible shot, but she's not. My powers can fuel hers."

                      Lex looked to Fuchs. "Maybe we can get some police sharp shooters in with us?"

                      Fuchs looked nervous. "I'll do what I can. We're pretty spread thin. Situations all over the city, and there are situations like this at every entrance..."

                      The crowd started to shout excitedly, and the heroes looked up to see what looked like a ball of grass vines soaring overhead. Something came out the back of it--three figures that started to descend towards the crowd...

                      Fluxx, Verve, and Venefica had arrived.
                      Armada Status

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                        Fluxx forms a harness around the two girls then spreads his mass out parachute style to slow their descent.

                        He guides them as best he can to the throng of people that include Lex. As they land he resumes his normal shape, covered by his Vindicator's uniform with it's cowl and shimmering 'holographic' patches.

                        He tries to assess the situation but sees no obvious threat. The presence of Kirstie and Mr. Murphy get a raised eyebrow.

                        "What's 'appened so far?"

                        It's then he notices the slices in Lex's bomber jacket and flesh.

                        "Cleave!" he spits, almost like a curse and turns to the hospital. A ripple goes through his mass as if a tidal force wants to surge in a deluge upon the building, eager to hunt the man but he restrains himself.

                        "Do you wish repair?" He extends a hand to Lex.

                        If he agrees, Healing healing: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                          Ursa
                          HP: 0

                          Otso loomed over the fallen form of his foe, breathing heavily until he managed to calm himself down. "I..." He looked around at the others, searching for reassurance from them. "How about we secure him in my... chamber?"
                          Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                            Alex "Current" Murphy
                            HP: 1 CND: Injured 2, Staggered, Fatigued

                            Lex
                            looked at his father with a blank look at his suggestion of how to use his powers, before nodding.
                            He really should have thought of that himself. Maybe he was losing too much blood.

                            They'd had him almost to the ambulance when the crowd drew his eyes to the crowd. He had a fist half raised, and place himself in front of his Dad and his girlfriend before he hesitated. Parachuting people down into a fight just seemed silly.

                            A second later when the parachute turned into a familiar form he let out a sigh of relief. Until he saw Martin's reaction to his wounds.

                            "Do you wish repair?" He extends a hand to Lex.
                            "I really do," He said with a grunt, "I think it nicked a lung."

                            He lowered his voice to try to keep it private, "You need a second? I can wait."

                            Last thing he wanted to do was get melted by accident, and he'd never seen Martin look that angry in his life. Admittedly he'd known the Frenchman for only a short time, but he rarely saw him anything other than composed.

                            "As for what's happening... Well, here's what I know. The swords are at every entrance or exit, apparently they only try to attack if you attack them or try to leave the room where they are but they won't follow if you manage to get outside," He grimaced, "Except that's easier said than done. They move from spot to spot at a decent clip but they're like a god damn weedwacker when they get close. It seemed like it was going for trusts to the torso or slashes at the neck. It's really hard to hit because they seem like they're flying around... 'cept they're not. They actually float along like an invisible person is holding onto them, so they never really move too high or too low, and always around this level," he waved a hand, "Makes it easier to hit them. Not sure how tough they are, I've been hitting them with as much hot plasma as I can manage and so far they've gone down when I've managed to hit."

                            His grimace deepened, "The SWAT team that went in didn't make it. Didn't do so well on my first encounter either," He glanced down at the hole the sword had punched clean through him, "And nobody knows where..." He raised an eyebrow at Martin, "Cleave? Well, nobody knows where the psycho who's doing this is but he's in the hospital still killing people."

                            He looked at the hospital, then the people he had on hand. Kirstie could probably be the most deadly one on the group besides Martin, but she was too fragile to want to risk her in a fight. Astrid and the other girl were almost non-combatants.

                            "I'm working with no real information but here's what I'm thinking," He looked at the hospital again, "We need to get people out, but we need to find the person responsible and get rid of him before he starts doing something worse. I'm thinking Dad, and Parabola can join up with a couple police officers and start trying to pick off the swords from outside the building. These things don't seem very bright, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll come out one at a time as long as you're all focused on one target at a time."

                            He frowned, "We'd better test that theory first with all of us as backup. If I'm right then the cops and our duo can try to repeat the procedure at the next entrance. While they start on the next one me and Fluxx enter the building with a couple of cops. As long as we don't run into a sword on patrol or the man in charge we should be able to avoid fighting as long as we don't enter a room with a sword. Cops help move people we find outside. If we get into a fight the others retreat, Fluxx and me take the lead. Our primary goal is taking out, uh, Cleave."

                            He looked at the two girls he hadn't mentioned so far, "Venefica, I'm thinking you could be a lot of help with the medics, if that's alright by you."

                            "And Verve... I'd rather have you outside. You see what they did to me, and I think I'm faster than you,"
                            He shrugged apologetically with a grimace, "Plus you don't have anything that'll hurt a sword."

                            "But you have a lot of experience with weird crap, and your powers might help people carrying wounded out in a hurry,"
                            He says slowly, "This time you are not a fighter, you are search and rescue. You would be saving survivors and sticking with whoever comes in with us. If a fight starts your job- Your responsibility is take the others and you make sure they escape safely."

                            He looked at the others, "I'm hoping you guys got a better plan, honestly."

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                              Fluxx listens as he sends a portion of his mass into Lex's wound. It would feel like a warm poultice coating the man. He dissolved any grime or foreign bacteria he encountered while pinching flesh back together and reconnecting sliced cells.

                              "It nicked a bone." Fluxx reports. "I 'ave a piece of calcium carbonate... chalk... zat I can repurpose to repair ze bone."

                              "I know what Cleave smells like. Lex, if I surround you, you and I can shift between floors. You can move quickly around a floor and I can smell for ze man. Cops would not be able to keep up. If we are truly concerned wiz ending 'im, we should do zat." Fluxx suggests.

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                                Alex "Current" Murphy
                                HP: 1 CND: Fatigued

                                Lex
                                nods, "Sounds good, but I want to see if the others can be evacuating the hostages while we confront him. That way all our eggs aren't in one basket."

                                And if they didn't stop the guy at least some of the people would be saved.

                                "Shouldn't take more than two minutes to do that, then we can find him and end him. What do you think?"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X