Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

    The Blue Knight

    Gwyn's eyes tracked Felsic for a second or two, hoping she'd survive the landing ok. She was still lava, and that was a good sign, he though. Still, this beastie was dangerous.

    "Jawch." He cursed. Time to go to work.

    Then he flew at the beast, his claymore swinging between the thing's legs, cutting through both ankles. He paused in-midair, hovering like a hummingbird before he flew up, dragging his intangible weapon and attempting to unseam the big bastard from nave to chops, in his own way.

    He was just worried about Catagari. She wouldn't last a second against this thing.

    Will Strike 1d20+5=15 That might actually hit, Ogre's size and defense penalties.
    Whether it hits or not, I'll Extra Effort to attack again, and spend a HP to buy off the Fatigue. 1d20+5=25 That's that s--- I do like. DC 31 Will for Damage.
    [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

    Comment


    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

      Please do. I'm in Limbo until Lex catches up 7 minutes.
      .

      Comment


      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

        Violet Lear
        HP: 2

        "Never mind him Larrikin.
        He obviously don't know what he's talking about."


        Initiative (1d20 + 6=13) Guess I'm last...

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

          Alex "Current" Murphy
          HP: 0 (2 -1 HP reroll -1 Stun removal) CND: Injured 2, Staggered, Fatigued

          Lex bit back a scream as the sword plunged into his chest. It hurt like hell, but he was used to pain. Every time he used his powers he was in agony.

          The next sword should have taken his head clean off, but he brought up his arm again and swore as the blade cut to the bone before retreaing. He tore the sword from his own torso before it could force itself up or down.

          This was insane. The swords moved with an insane precision and power he'd never seen before. Once they got close they worked like a weed wacker to slash anything in range to shreds and they were nearly impossible to hit. He'd had more luck in the Wreck Room fighting other speedsters.

          This wasn't a fight he was going to win without backup.

          He glanced out the window. He'd wanted to avoid dragging the police into this, but to be fair they were heavily armed and had snipers. And if he didn't move he'd be dead in the next few seconds anyways and nothing would have been accomplished.

          "That all you got?" Lex said, coughing a little blood up as he spoke, then grinned insanely, "Come and get me you sons of bitches!"

          And with that he dodged back out the door hoping the swords would chase him back out into the open.

          OOC: Okay...
          Toughness saves vs DC25 (1d20+4=15, 1d20+4=7)
          That's a stunned and staggered for the first one.
          For the second:
          Toughness HP reroll (1d20+4=23)
          Another injury.
          Burn my last HP to get rid of the stunned, switch to Lex's speed array and we go for the new tactic: Keep away! Lex should be fast enough to outrun the swords, even staggered, so he's going to try to lead them back out into the open so the cops can open fire. Is it a good plan? Nope. But there's got to be like fourty cops, a couple snipers and an entire SWAT team. Hopefully teamwork will save the day.

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

            KUNSTISTORISCHES MUSEUM (Greystone; NPCs: Candyman, Maze, Pict)
            Greystone emitted a sound so high pitched, none of his companions could hear it. The sound filled the chamber, hit anything solid, and bounced back to the American. His ears received the signal, and his brain quickly translated the data it brought, mapping out the chamber: there was a hole in the floor two rooms over--and a floor below them was Blackguard. The man stood calm, and ready, but something was off...

            His stance looked like he was listening for something. Had he heard them? Maze hadn't been that loud when she spoke, so it couldn't have been that...

            Suddenly, the man flexed his fingers. He was holding something--something Greystone couldn't see. He knew what it was: Blue Knight said that Blackguard was just like Paladin, and Paladin was similar to the Welsh boy, in that he could manifest a flaming weapon. Blackguard's stance shifted as he looked up towards the ceiling. He was expecting a fight. Why? What had made him...

            Suddenly, Greystone knew what it was: it was quiet in the museum. Only moments ago, Caballero had been gleefully destroying the building. The sounds of his rampage were no longer ringing throughout the halls, and Blackguard had taken notice. He knew something had happened to his sidekick.

            He knew they were here.

            Originally posted by Michuru81
            STEPHANSPLATZ (Magnitude; NPCs: Durendal, Thorn)
            "Speedsters? Can you locate them Durendal? They are using some sort of countermeasures to render my spatial mapping less than ideally effective."

            "But of course!" Durendal said. "As I said, zey are below us--underground, Magnitude."

            NVAE: HALLWAY (Ursa; NPCs: Newton, Niloticus, Pachyderm, Sprite, Warder)
            Ursa's claws swiped harmlessly across Niloticus' backside. The crocodile rounded on the bear with a furious look. "You!?!" the monster snapped, visible surprised to see the Finn back in the fight. "How many times do I have to put you down?"

            The beast swung around wildly, and Ursa dodged a swipe of the crocodile's claws.

            "Now's our chance!" Sprite screamed, looking around the Pachyderm to see the creature's back. She watched as the Pachyderm bucked his head, stabbing at the crocodile man with his tusks.

            She took aim, careful to not hit either the elephant in front of her, or the bear behind her target, and unleashed a blast of energy for the creature at the spot her underclassman had hit.

            As Niloticus roared in pain, Warder slipped around the Pachyderm and behind the crocodile. He thrust his palm into the monster's gut, causing it to double over... and give Ursa the opening he needed.

            Originally posted by Michuru81
            Niloticus' Toughness save (DC 25) (1d20+12=28)

            Niloticus' claw attack (-4 Power Attack) (1d20=3)

            Mario and Mira are going to try to combine attacks: Sprite's attack (1d20+8=27), The Pachyderm's attack (1d20+6=22) As the Pachyderm has the higher damage, Sprite will add +2 to it: Niloticus' Toughness save (DC 27) (1d20+12=18) Fail by 9: bruised and stunned.

            Warder's attack roll is too high to contribute to the combined attacks, and his damage is too low to really put a dent in Niloticus, so he'll move to join Otso, and begin aiding him: Warder's attack (1d20+12=31) We'll go with attack, so... Ursa gets +4 attack against Niloticus next turn.

            The Order: Round Three
            • Ursa (8)
            • Niloticus (5): Bruised, Stunned (Pachyderm, R2)
            • Sprite (4)
            • The Pachyderm (1)
            • Warder (-1)


            Otso is up.
            PRATER (Blue Knight; NPCs: Catargi, Felsic, Mezzanine, Ogre)
            Blue Knight swung his sword up, and the monster began to stumble. He swung the spectral blade back around, and felled the monster.

            Ogre hit the ground with a thud, shaking the ground around it.

            Felsic reverted back to her normal form as she rose to her feet. "Well, you made that look easy," she said, eyeing the unconscious behemoth. "What do we do now?"

            Originally posted by Michuru81
            First, I'm handing BK a hero point for having had to face the swords as they originally were. I apologize for letting that fiasco happen, Eld.

            Moving forward: Ogre's Will save (DC 26) (1d20+3=5) So that's... everything. But! Ogre's Will save (DC 31) (1d20+2=6) That's double everything.

            The Order: Round One
            • Felsic (20): Bruised, Injured, Stunned, Staggered, Disabled
            • Ogre (17): -4 Defense; Bruised x3, Injured, Stunned (BK, R1), Staggered, Unconscious
            • Blue Knight (7)
            SCHÖNBRUNN PALACE (Shiver; NPCs: Diamond Dust and Larrikin)
            "So reckless!" Skew laughed. "You really are just like your old man!"

            "I'm nothing like him!" Diamond Dust snarled, charging at the Englishman again. Once more, Skew sidestepped the attack and let Diamond Dust plow through a portal; once more, the Lithuanian boy rushed Larrikin.

            Larrikin stumbled as the effects of hypothermia began to hit him. It was all he could do to focus on Shiver, removing all color from her to turn her transparent. "Maybe if he can't see us, he can't throw our attacks at each other," Larrikin said.

            Originally posted by Michuru81
            The Order: Round One
            • Skew (25)
            • Diamond Dust (17)
            • Larrikin (15): Fatigued (–2 to Str and Dex, –1 to attack and defense, and cannot move all out)
            • Shiver (13)


            Skew will deflect and try and trick Juozas into attacking him again: Skew's Bluff (1d20+12=19) vs. Diamond Dust's Bluff (1d20+1=15)

            Diamond Dust's attack (1d20+4=8) vs. Skew's Deflect (1d20+10=14) And we'll redirect it to Larrikin: Skew's attack (1d20+10=26) and Larrikin's Fortitude save (DC 18) (1d20+4=15)

            Larrikin will give Shiver partial visual concealment.

            Shiver's up.
            ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Civilians, Swords)
            Lex darted out the doors and back towards the line the police had made. He turned, looked back towards the doors, and found the swords weren't following him.

            "Lex!" His father was behind the line; Kirstie was with him, arguing with the police to let the two of them through. "Lex, get over here!"

            Kirstie turned from the officer to take in the sight of her boyfriend, bleeding from the cuts the swords had given him. "LEX!" she screamed. The police couldn't hold her back now: the girl vaulted over their barricades and launched herself at the American teen. "What were you... Scratch that: I bloody well know what you were thinking, you wonderful, amazing man..."

            Roger approached them slowly. "You're hurt, Lex," he said, raising a hand in front of his face. Electricity crackled around the limb. "You need a charge... and a smack upside that thick skull of yours."

            "He needs back up," Kirstie said, "and a plan. Lex, what's going on in there?"

            Originally posted by Michuru81
            I'm throwing a hero point to Lex for having to face the swords as they originally were. I apologize for throwing that at you, sir. From here on out, we'll be utilizing the new version of the swords.
            HUNDERTWASSER HOUSE (NPCs: Fiore, Gae'bolg, Kiln, Robor)
            Gae'bolg's skin began to darken, and ridges began to grow across it. The clothes he had been wearing tore away as he proceeded to swell in size. His limbs thickened, and more arms sprouted from his chest.

            During times of tremendous stress, Gae'bolg underwent a transformation. It was a power he rarely evoked, given how drastically his personality changed. Gae'bolg transformed into an enormous tree man, and abandoned things like reason and morality. He was fueled by brutality now.

            Worse, he was now fully under the purview of his father's powers.

            Gae'bolg turned suddenly and swung his massive fist down for Kiln. The Vindicator burst into flames and took flight, deftly dodging the wild blow. "I was afraid of this," Kiln growled, senting a jet of flame for the vines holding Fiore.

            "He's your son, you monster!" the newly-freed Fiore screamed, fighting vainly with Robor for control of Gae'bolg.

            "Aye," Robor said, "and after he's led me t'his uncle, me, he'll also boost my power, and let me ascend to godhood."

            Last edited by Michuru81; 9th October 2014, 06:53 AM. Reason: Larrikin's missing action
            Armada Status

            Comment


            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

              Alex "Current" Murphy
              HP: 1 CND: Injured 2, Staggered, Fatigued

              Lex
              wheezed a little when Kiriste hugged him. He did his best not to scream. Or cry manly tears of pain. Like a man.

              "Floating swords running on auto pilot," He said shaking his head, "They kill anything that tries to leave, but they don't seem to follow. Bet the cops could stand outside the doors and shoot them, but we'll have to test that theory first."

              He ran the fight over in his head again, then looked at the bloody wounds in his arm. He considered the speed, and how they seemed to dance randomly around.

              Or did they?

              "Dammit, that was pretty stupid,"
              He muttered to himself, "Look, if they get close they'll hit you. They move like a bloody weedwacker up close, but they don't move fast beyond that, and they don't hit as hard as you'd expect. They kept going for the neck and the torso, for kill shots because anything else you can walk off. They also look like they're dancing and diving everywhere, but...."

              He swore, "I didn't notice it at the time but they always hover around this high," He held his hands out about chest level, "Like there's an invisible man swinging it, ya know? 'Cept there's not. They look like they're flying all over the place but if you keep track of that they'd probably be very easy to hit."

              He paused looking down at Kirstie confused, "Wait... how did you get here so fast?"

              He shook his head, "Never mind, I gotta take another pot shot from outside the door. If I'm right they'll just sit there while I snipe them. There are still people in there, and that psycho is still hunting people in there. And nobody can leave until we start clearing doors."

              Comment


              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Kirstie, Murphy, Police)
                "Wait... how did you get here so fast?" He shook his head. "Never mind, I gotta take another pot shot from outside the door. If I'm right they'll just sit there while I snipe them. There are still people in there, and that psycho is still hunting people in there, and nobody can leave until we start clearing doors."

                "You're not going anywhere," Lex's father growled. "You're wounded, Lex. You've lost blood. You can't do anyone any good if you go charging to your death.

                "Electricity heals you, right? Then let me heal you, and then we'll see about taking these things out."
                Armada Status

                Comment


                • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                  The Blue Knight

                  Gwyn looked at the wreckage the giant had made of the Wurstelprater. This wasn't as bad as the crocodile attack, but it wasn't good either. He was just he wasn't...what was the word? Liable, for these kinds of things.

                  "First, are you you going to be alright?" Gwyn said, looking over the older girl. That had been a mighty swing.

                  "Now, we make sure nobody's hurt too bad, ya? And mebbe when Catagari gets here she can weaken this thing some, make sure he ain't so tough when he gets back up."

                  Gwyn may have put the monster down, but he had no way to restrain it. If it got back up...well, it might be him sent flying next time.

                  "I'll radio the school, let em know we handled the monster here." Gwyn said, tapping his communicator and attempting to contact the Academy.
                  [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                    Alex "Current" Murphy
                    HP: 1 CND: Injured 2, Staggered, Fatigued

                    Lex
                    shakes his head, "Takes too long. Little cuts are fast, but this? Thing kind of thing takes a half an hour to patch up."

                    He grimaced, "Just cauterize the cuts and lets move."

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                      Originally posted by Michuru81
                      I've got your reply, Eld, but I'll refrain from replying until I have the others, to keep everyone on the same page.
                      ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Kirstie, Murphy, Police)
                      "Then we'll radio the school and tell them to send Martin here," Kirstie snapped. "Lex, your dad is right: if you run back in there and fair as well as..." She motioned to his injuries. "You'll go down, and you won't be able to help anyone. I know the longer we stand here, the more damage this nutter can do, but..." She trailed off, seeing the determination on this face. "If you're so sure about your chances, then I'm going with you. If you're so confident that you can handle these floating swords, I'm not in any danger, right?"
                      Armada Status

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                        Violet Lear
                        HP: 2

                        Violet huffed. "Maybe if he's on his arse, he can't do much of anything." She also hoped that Skew would shift his attention away from Larrikin. Jouzas' ice form was no threat to her. Violet pointed her hands as the ground and a slippery sheet of ice spread out from her feet in all directions.

                        Trip 8 Area attack
                        Skew, and probably Larrikin roll Dexterity against Violet's trip check
                        Trip check (1d20 + 8=14)
                        Last edited by Shock; 9th October 2014, 01:36 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                          Alex "Current" Murphy
                          HP: 1 CND: Injured 2, Staggered, Fatigued

                          Lex
                          shook his head, "If Martin can be spared, and if he's in touch, and if he can make it here. That all takes time, and we're running painfully low on time. The people in there ain't got time to wait. The Doctors who are being killed ain't got time to wait. Fact is I ain't got time to bleed."

                          "And unlike you, I ain't Humpty Dumpty; they can put me back together again,"
                          He lets a hiss of frustration out through his teeth, "Whatever, you ain't gonna listen to me anyways are you?"


                          He shrugs and starts back towards the door, planning to stop outside it where he could spot the swords if possible, "Fine. I got a pistol in my right jacket pocket. Kind of borrowed it from a cop who didn't make it. You're a better shot than I am anyhow."

                          He pauses and glances sideways out of the corner of his eyes, "And I figured you'd be here eventually. Stay behind me and don't shoot unless they come out of the door. I took down two of them before the others could move last time, maybe lightning will strike twice," He flashed a toothy smile, "Ya know?"

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                            ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Kirstie, Murphy, Police)
                            A panicked look came over Kirstie's face when Lex mentioned the gun. "No way," she said, her voice weak. "Lex, the last time I fired a gun, it turned out to be the trigger for a seed Lacuna planted in me. Who's to say it's not still there?" She held her hands up in surrender. "I... I can't even touch that, Lex. I'm sorry."

                            Originally posted by Michuru81
                            Lex can see the swords.
                            Armada Status

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                              Alex "Current" Murphy
                              HP: 1 CND: Injured 2, Staggered, Fatigued

                              Lex
                              glanced at Kirstie with a smirk, "You're stronger than she was remember? I didn't get rid of Lacuna, you did. All you needed to know was that you could, and you did. And if she comes back, which she won't, you just kick her scrawny ass a second time for Queen and Country."

                              He hesitated, "I need you to be able to defend yourself, Kirstie. Otherwise I need you to get back because I can't even run if they start chasing me this time, not if it means leaving you."

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                                Greystone:
                                [Jack Rexroth]
                                HP: 2

                                Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
                                KUNSTISTORISCHES MUSEUM (Greystone; NPCs: Candyman, Maze, Pict)
                                Greystone emitted a sound so high pitched, none of his companions could hear it. The sound filled the chamber, hit anything solid, and bounced back to the American. His ears received the signal, and his brain quickly translated the data it brought, mapping out the chamber: there was a hole in the floor two rooms over--and a floor below them was Blackguard. The man stood calm, and ready, but something was off...

                                His stance looked like he was listening for something. Had he heard them? Maze hadn't been that loud when she spoke, so it couldn't have been that...

                                Suddenly, the man flexed his fingers. He was holding something--something Greystone couldn't see. He knew what it was: Blue Knight said that Blackguard was just like Paladin, and Paladin was similar to the Welsh boy, in that he could manifest a flaming weapon. Blackguard's stance shifted as he looked up towards the ceiling. He was expecting a fight. Why? What had made him...

                                Suddenly, Greystone knew what it was: it was quiet in the museum. Only moments ago, Caballero had been gleefully destroying the building. The sounds of his rampage were no longer ringing throughout the halls, and Blackguard had taken notice. He knew something had happened to his sidekick.

                                He knew they were here.
                                Jack gritted his teeth as his brain processed the information his sonar feed it. "Two rooms over, there's a hole that goes down. That's where Blackguard is, waiting on us at the bottom of it since his partner just suddenly stopped making noise he probably realizes someone is here but he has no idea where we are or who we are." He glanced at the others with him. "I could try sneaking up on him but otherwise I got nothing for a plan."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X