Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

    Fluxx, through his commlink, arranges to have a car go to each location as many of the teams will need a way back. He assumed since Kirstie was involved, Armand would be driving the one going to the hospital.

    When it comes time for disembarkation he'll hold both ladies close and flatten himself out as a makeshift parasail to slow their descent.

    Comment


    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

      Violet Lear
      HP: 2


      Violet missed whatever Larrikin was insinuating. She was more concerned with possibly going into battle. "I don't think we should split up. If there are two Vitesse brothers here, they could hit two of us before we saw them coming."

      Comment


      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

        Greystone:
        [Jack Rexroth]
        HP: 2

        A red aura was surrounding Maze. Over her were eyes similar to those Greystone had seen hovering over Gwyn. "First you just take off without a word, and then when I see you again, you slip away! What were you thinking!?!"

        "I was thinking that no one would believe that I was a double agent--that I would be arrested and sentenced to life in Pandora." The aura around Candyman was blue with a red flare around the edge. Over his head was the same teardrop he'd seen over Ursa; Pict had one as well.
        Jack let Ellen have her say on Vlad, cause in all honesty he deserved it. As it was Jack was having a hard enough time sorting out his new view on those around him: the colors that surrounding everyone were confusing as hell and the fact that there were...things hanging over everyone's head was just flat out weird. But as he looked over at Pict once again he considered the teardrop that was identical to the ones that were over Ursa and Vlad's heads the American couldn't help but wonder what it might mean, obviously they shared something in common.

        But what? They weren't related, hell they were from different countries. Pict was several years older than the other two. Their powers were all completely different. Then it hit him - they were all Neo-Sapiens. Jack then looked over to Ellen and realized the eyes over her head were almost identical to Harry's, the only difference was the color of them, but otherwise the same. And they were both Nephilim, that had to be the connection between them.

        Too bad that didn't help him understand the colors surrounding everyone and why Harry's torso had been lit up like a Christmas tree.


        "We're here," Pict said, spotting the museum. "Thank God."
        But now was time to focus on the task at hand.

        Greystone and Pict descended to the roof, setting the former couple down on the ground before dropping to it themselves. "We know there's a pair working together," Pict said, "we just don't know which one.

        "In the event that we're facing the Vitesse brothers, Candyman will act first: coat the floor in syrup to impede their movement. Greystone and I can fly, Maze will have to remain stationary. Stendhal and Tristan have been apprehended. If that's the case..." Pict sighed dejectedly. "Francois is able to burrow with his speed power; Antoine can vibrate his molecules fast enough to turn intangible. Once we have them, we have to hit them hard and fast, because they will get free very quickly. They're opportunistic, too. If they're losing the fight, they will leave.

        "If we're facing Blackguard and Caballero, Maze should try to contain Caballero while the rest of us work to subdue Blackguard. Once he's down, Candyman will work to restrain him. When Caballero makes it through the maze, the four of us will gang up on him, and remove him from the fight.

        "Unless anyone else has a better plan?"
        Jack shook his head. "I don't, so lets get inside and find out who we're facing." He said as he looked for an entrance to the building.


        OOC:
        I'm thinking that it would be a IANAI roll for Jack to figure out what the eyes & teardrops over people might mean.
        IANAI: _: 1D20+10 = [6]+10 = 16, that should be good enough. But if Mich is of a different opinion I'll change the post.

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

          ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Civilians, Swords)
          Current knelt down to check the officers for signs of life, only to find that they had given up the ghost.

          <<"A man attacked the ICU where my coworker is,">> said one of the men cowering by the wall. <<"He summoned those swords from midair, then they started moving on their own. He made them kill the doctors and nurses... A lot of us tried to escape, but there were swords here--they're guarding every exit! The police came in and tried to destroy them, but...">>

          Current could imagine what happened next.

          STEPHANSPLATZ (Magnitude; NPCs: Durendal, Thorn)
          "Greetings Durendal. This..." Magnitude gestured to his companion. "...is Thorn."

          Durendal gently took Thorn's hand and raised it to his lips. "A pleasure, mademoiselle."

          "I don't suppose you witnessed what happened here?"

          The French hero shook his head. "Not personally, no. I was in Paris when I saw ze news, and knew zat I 'ad to act. What good is 'aving zis power if you do not use it to 'elp your fellow man, yes?

          "My abilities are at your disposal, Magnitude. I am able to detect and track Neo-Sapiens, as well as identify zere abilities wiz nozing more zan a look. For instance, I can see zat you command gravitational forces, while zis vision of a young lady manipulates plant life.

          "Also, I can fly very, very fast. I am super-strong. I am all but unstoppable once I begin moving and immovable when I stop. I am impervious to 'arm. Oh, and I can transform into a bear."

          PRATER (Blue Knight; NPCs: Catargi, Felsic, Mezzanine, Ogre)
          "Go on ahead!" Catargi called. "We'll catch up!"

          Carrying Felsic, Blue Knight sped for the ground. There, ahead of them, was a man nearly fifteen feet tall. He wore only a black bodysuit stretched across his muscular frame. Hairless, his skin was a dark red--almost the color of dried blood. His eyes were darkest obsidian and the sounds coming from his maw were coarse and unintelligible.

          At the sight of them, the creature began to charge on all fours--sending up sprays of dirt and grass as it pounded across the ground.

          SCHÖNBRUNN PALACE (Shiver; NPCs: Diamond Dust and Larrikin)
          "I don't think we should split up. If there are two Vitesse brothers here, they could hit two of us before we saw them coming."

          Diamond Dust nodded in agreement. "Except that, in my other form, they can't hit me at all." He transformed into a cloud of ice crystals and flew around the room. "I could potentially scout ahead--see if I see anything suspicious and report back."

          "Good idea," said Larrikin, "Violet and I will stay here and have sloppy makeouts."

          "Wha'ja lookit dat? You mus' be Joseph Cahan's brat, eh?" Out of nowhere, a silvery disc appeared in the air, and out stepped an older man in a bowler hat. "You any be'uh than your old man, or do you scream like a woman when you're dyin', too?"

          KUNSTISTORISCHES MUSEUM (Greystone; NPCs: Candyman, Maze, Pict)
          "Unless anyone else has a better plan?"

          Greystone shook his head. "I don't, so let's get inside and find out who we're facing." As he started to look for a way in, the building shook--not violently, but he definitely felt some sort of vibration ripple through the museum.

          "Antoine?" Maze asked, looking to Pict.

          "It's possible," he muttered, mulling over what it meant. "He can control vibrations in the air..." The Vindicator flew to the edge of the roof and looked down, then motioned for the others to join him. "One window is broken out," he said in a hushed tone. "We can climb in through their. If it is the Vitesse brothers, we'll need to take them by surprise, or risk them running away."

          Candyman shot a taffy rope out of his wrist and used it to repel down the side of the building. Pict carried Maze down, while Greystone flew in.

          Inside of the museum, the quartet of heroes began to skulk through the rooms. Candyman made a sound of disapproval as he saw the state the art was in: irreplaceable treasures from the past destroyed because of madmen who wanted the life of one man... One harmless man who had done nothing but cheat death.

          Suddenly, the wall burst to their left. Viktor DeGallow charged through the room, laughing with maniacal delight, and plowed through the wall on their right.

          Blackguard and Caballero. They had pulled Blackguard and Caballero.

          HUNDERTWASSER HOUSE (NPCs: Fiore, Gae'bolg, Kiln)
          Fiore vomited in his mouth, but swallowed it back down. "All these people..." Gae'bolg said, a touch of sadness in his voice. The youngest of the three stepped out into the open with his arms spread. "Come out, da! I know it's you! You don't have to do this!"

          Several vines began to stir and coil around each other. In seconds, they had reproduced Robor's head. "I believe I do," said the facsimile. "Yer a hard boy t'find. Yer uncle Kenny's even harder."

          "Leave him alone!"

          "I can't, boyo. Odáin won't bless his followers without a sacrifice."

          "All right, hold up," said Kiln. "You two maybe want to explain for those of us coming into this show during intermission?"

          "Back home in Ireland," Gae'bolg explained, "my da owned a chain of pubs--Shamrocks. He was always a hard worker... My uncle Kenny looked in on me and my three little sisters. He was like a second da to me.

          "About two years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night. The abridged version is I found out my da was part of some weird cult, and planning to sacrifice my uncle. Like I said, my da is obsessed with the gods of old--the occult and all that. Uncle Kenny explained that I interrupted a ritual my da learned about. See, I get my powers from him..." He glared at his father. "He was going to sacrifice his own brother's life to add his power to his."

          Fiore's eyes nearly burst from his skull. "What?"

          "This cult thinks that there's a way--magic, and all that--to sacrifice loved ones to get their power."

          The Italian was shaking his head. "That's impossible."

          "No," Robor said, "it's not. It works. I've already completed the ritual three times."

          Gae'bolg froze.

          "You didn't," Kiln hissed. Flames burned over every inch of his body.

          Fiore looked confused. "He didn't what?"

          "Randy said he has three little sisters," Kiln growled.

          "Had," said Robor. "Randy had three little sisters."

          JOSEFSTADT (Eiron, Fey, Lluvia, Manticore)
          "All right, Gaspar," Manticore said, "you know what to do: bring on a downpour to cancel out this dust storm, and we're set."

          Lluvia couldn't move. He'd come so far in the last few months: in the other dimension, he'd overcome his fear of his own powers--the fear that he would use them to take another life--and used them to protect his friends.

          He tried to tell himself to go back to that feeling--to tell himself that he was going to use his powers to protect this city... but something new was stopping him.

          Lexus. Why did they have to send him with Lexus?

          Lluvia began to tremble. Fey looked up at him, worry plastered over her face. "What's wrong, kid?" she asked.

          "Gaspar?" Manticore asked. "Is everything-?"

          "I killed her," he said.

          "Hmm?" Manticore asked.

          Eiron began frantically shaking his head. He was there. He saw it. He knew what this was about. "I think we should figure out how to-"

          "When I got there, Tatjana was on the ground. Buddy was holding his hands over her neck to stop her from bleeding out. She... she was going to die, and Otso was trying to fight, but he... He could...

          "I summoned a storm. I called down lightning. I hit her, and I killed her."

          "Who?" Manticore asked.

          Lluvia started to cry. "Your mom, Lexus. I killed your mom. I'm so-"

          Manticore knocked Lluvia out with a right cross to the face.

          Originally posted by Michuru81
          NVAE: HALLWAY (Newton, Niloticus, Pachyderm, Sprite, Ursa, Warder)
          "Otso!" Sprite screamed. Quickly regaining control of her senses, the young woman raised her palm towards the crocodile man and unleashed a stream of plasma for the beast. Though her attack struck true, Niloticus shrugged it off.

          "Get behind me!" the Pachyderm ordered them, transforming into an African elephant. He nearly took up the whole hallway--just as he intended. If this creature was going to take down anymore of his friends, they would have to go through him first.

          Originally posted by Michuru81
          The Order: Round One (continued)
          • Warder (9)
          • Ursa (8): Bruised x2, Injured x2, Stunned, Staggered, Disabled, Unconscious
          • Niloticus (5)
          • Sprite (4)
          • The Pachyderm (1)


          Everyone delayed until they knew what they were facing (after seeing Ursa charge up, then come flying back down, no one is going to go charging up just yet). Delaying gives -10 to the initiative. As Warder cannot drop lower than Niloticus' count, he loses his turn this turn. Ursa's unconscious. Niloticus took his action. Sprite is up.

          Precise Shot 1 means no penalty for Ursa being under Niloticus: Sprite's Attack (1d20+8=23) Hits. Niloticus' Toughness save (DC 23) (1d20+12=30) He's fine.

          Mario will use a move action to transform.
          Armada Status

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

            Violet Lear
            HP: 2


            "Who are you?" Not that it was a stretch to figure out who he was: the man with the portals. They weren't dealing with the Vitesse brothers after all. Violet created a sword and pointed it at him, trying to look confident.

            Comment


            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

              Alex "Current" Murphy
              HP: 3 CND: Normal

              Lex
              fought the urge to vomit, or scream, or any of the other hundred responses flashing through his head. It wasn't the first dead body he'd seen.

              For a moment he could smell urine, rotting garbage, and blood. Dark brick walls on all sides while a body lay in a pool of blood as an overwhelming feeling of helplessness crushed down on him...

              He shook his head and swore. It was the hospital again. He wasn't a little kid anymore.

              He wasn't helpless anymore.

              He forced himself to kneel by the cop, taking his handgun and dropping it into a pocket on his jacket. With the hammer down nothing short of a hard pull on the trigger would set it off. You didn't grow up in Texas, in the slums, with a military man as your Dad without picking up the basics one way or another.
              Next he looked for the handcuffs and a stungun or a taser.

              It was important to have options.

              "<<Yeah, I get it,>>" Lex nodded, "<<Do you know what the man looked like?>>"

              After waiting for a response he got to his feet, and raised his voice, "<<Everybody, I'm going to need you to stay low and stay where you are. It's going to get really loud in here in a few seconds, but that's just me putting an end to this nonsense. Don't move until I tell you it's safe, until I break these swords, and then you run out of here as fast as you can.>>"

              He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He wasn't happy about this. He had no idea what he was getting himself into, and chances were he wasn't going to get out any better than the police had. But running out of the room would just draw the swords outside and he didn't know what they'd do there.
              He was out numbered. He was out of his element. He was up against an unknown opponent. He was surrounded by dead men, dead heroes, who's families would never get to see them again. And the man responsible was still running loose.

              Lex let the flood doors open. He didn't pull the electricity up, he'd been holding it back for months. It felt like an tiger, ripping at his chest trying to get free. It could sense his fear and it could taste his rage.

              Electricity flooded through his body and he brought his rage to bear on the first victim. He didn't have to hold back, he didn't have to feel sorry, he didn't have to worry about what he might do to his victim. He was free.

              KRACK-BOOM!

              The first explosive blast ripped through the room catching a blade as Lex launched himself across the room away from the hiding men, ran up a wall and flipped to the side hurling another blast of superheated plasma and electricity through the air to crash into another floating sword.

              OOC: Surprise attack on Sword 1, Init, Acrobatic Feint, Attack 2 (On new sword if the first is down) (1d20+6=26, 1d20+14=25, 1d20+15=26, 1d20+6=24)
              First hit is a critical, DC30 toughness save
              Init: 25
              Acrobatic Feint: 26
              Second attack should hit, DC25 toughness save.

              Comment


              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                The Blue Knight

                Oh yeah. This was going to hurt. He just hoped Felsic wouldn't get the worst of it-Gwyn didn't really know how good the other girl was in a fight. Didn't know much of anything bout her, really, except that was she was proper fetching.

                At least when she wasn't made out of lava.

                Initiative 1d20+6=7 Well, at least it wasn't a Toughness save.
                [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

                Comment


                • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                  Greystone:
                  [Jack Rexroth]
                  HP: 2

                  Inside of the museum, the quartet of heroes began to skulk through the rooms. Candyman made a sound of disapproval as he saw the state the art was in: irreplaceable treasures from the past destroyed because of madmen who wanted the life of one man... One harmless man who had done nothing but cheat death.

                  Suddenly, the wall burst to their left. Viktor DeGallow charged through the room, laughing with maniacal delight, and plowed through the wall on their right.

                  Blackguard and Caballero. They had pulled Blackguard and Caballero.
                  Jack shook his head. He knew what the other Viktor's name translated to in English - Knight. Problem was while he might not have any weapons, the other Viktor seemed to have no problems with causing collateral damage thanks to his super tough skin. Being unstoppable and almost impervious to injury did make for a problem for Jack and the other Vindicators.

                  At least they had a plan. "Alright gang, we know what plan we're using. Maze you're up."


                  OOC:
                  Jack's Initiative: _: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                    Magnitude
                    Kasimir Flaegler
                    Condition: fine
                    HP 1 LP 1


                    Kas listened to Durendal list his powers with interest and compared them to the damage done. While the list of powers was substantial and bore suspicious resemblance to a compilation of several people Kas knew, it did not seem to match the damage done here. He supposed the unstoppable flight might account for the trench and the building toppled off its foundation, but it was likely such activity would have left the perpetrator filthy, which Rose would probably react to.

                    "That's quite the formidable list of powers Durendal. Undoubtedly you'll play a key role here, but I don't suppose you've got any sort of abilities that would assist us in finding victims of this catastrophe?"

                    Turning his attaention to Thorn, he said; "I'm scanning for civilians, but thus far I've found nothing. They could be hidden from my senses though, so keep an eye out for people in need of rescue. Just as importantly, we need to stabilize the ground around here, so I need you to blanket the trench and as much of the open areas as you can with weeds. Weeds with deep roots. Enough of them and you should be able to reinforce the city power, water and gas lines so they can't easily be torn asunder, even by a powerful temblor. Can you do that?"

                    Since Kas is unaware of the specifics of Otso and Viktor's predicaments, he'll be curious about Durendal's powers but nothing more.

                    I'm assuming since his Notice check got no response, there's nothing to see or hear right away. He'll keep looking, taking 20 (total of 30) if there's time.

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                      SCHÖNBRUNN PALACE (Shiver; NPCs: Diamond Dust and Larrikin)
                      "Who are you?" asked Shiver. In her hands was a sword forged from ice.

                      The man whistled at the sight of the blade. "Me China call me Skew. No need t'introduce yerselves: the boss did 'is 'omework." He pointed at the Australian boy first. "Larrikin, right? The Technicolor Wonder from Down Under? Not very bright. Possible 'omosexual."

                      "What?" Larrikin asked, his face turning red.

                      "Violet Lear. Makes ice. Great at parties. Bad at getting the attention of certain boys."

                      "I'm not gay," Larrikin insisted.

                      "Course yer not," Skew offered in a faux-reassuring tone. Skew looked to the last of them. "And you must be Joseph Cahan's brat, Juozas. I knew yer old man. 'E was a right stupid son of a bitch who died screaming in agony. I imagine you've the same aversion to fire as 'e 'ad?"

                      "If you think you're going to get a rise out of me," said Diamond Dust, "get ready to be disappointed. My dad was a deadbeat who walked out on me and my mom. If you killed him... good. You just saved me the trouble."

                      "Well, I guess there's one benefit of those powers," Skew said. "You get a pretty good poker face. Not the best, but..." He held up his hand so that his palm was parallel with the ground, only to let it teeter back and forth. "So-so."

                      "I'm not bluffing."

                      "Probably not about 'ating yer old man, but what about yer mum?" Skew sneered at the squad of New Vindicators. "See, the beauty of my powers? I can be anywhere lickety-split. You're from... Lithuania, right?" A silvery disc appeared behind Skew then. "Don't bother with the exact address: I'm sure that school of yours keeps that sort of stuff on record..."

                      Diamond Dust shot for Skew, who deftly stepped out of the way at the last second. "Oops," he said, letting Diamond Dust shoot through the portal... which led to the space right behind Shiver and Larrikin.

                      Originally posted by Michuru81
                      Skew's Deflect (1d20+10=17) vs. Diamond Dust's Attack (1d20+4=11) Boom! Let's redirect DD at Larrikin... Skew's Attack (1d20+10=30) Whelp, there you go.

                      DD's Fatigue aura will trigger on Larrikin. Larrikin's Fortitude save (DC 18) (1d20+4=24) Huh. Well, that happened. Twice. In a row.

                      Initiative, I guess.

                      Diamond Dust's Initiative (1d20+1=17)
                      Larrikin's Initiative (1d20+5=15)
                      Skew's Initiative (1d20+8=25)


                      ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Civilians, Swords)
                      A lethal line of lightning was loudly launched from Lex and lashed along the length of the lance, leaving little left. The lad looked over the lawless legion's leftovers. Lunging, the luminary labored to lead their locus. His lies landed lamely, and lent him little leverage.

                      Livid, he lit the lobby with a luminescent larruping that left another levitating lookout lambasted.

                      A lance lopped at Lex with a lazy lilt. Levity left him as the last of the living longswords lashed at him: though he lithely leapt laterally, his linens were lacerated--and likely his ligaments.

                      Originally posted by Michuru81
                      Sorry to steal the thunder (ba-dump-dum!), but the swords are immune to critical hits. D&D construct logic rules my brian.

                      Sword's Toughness save (DC 25) (1d20+10=16) Minion rules, however, mean first sword is down. The next one is immune to interaction skills, but still, you're hitting. Sword's Toughness save (DC 25) (1d20+10=15) And another one is gone.

                      Swords' Attacks (1d20+10=14, 1d20+10=25) I hope the first one is a miss, but the second looks like a hit. If that's the case, DC 25 Toughness, sir, and it's your move.
                      PRATER (Blue Knight; NPCs: Catargi, Felsic, Mezzanine, Ogre)
                      On the ground, Felsic began sprinting ahead to meet Ogre's charge. As she did, her body began to glow, and the grass below her feet was burned away. In less time than it took the Welsh hero to exhale, the Finnish girl had transformed her flesh to magma, and braced for impact.

                      "Voi vittu..." Even prepared for the blow, Ogre's slam was devastating. As the monster thundered across the ground, it swatted lazily at Felsic and sent the junior sailing a good thirty meters aside.

                      The Order: Round One
                      • Felsic (20): Bruised, Injured, Stunned, Staggered, Disabled
                      • Ogre (17): -4 Defense; Bruised, Injured
                      • Blue Knight (7)


                      Felsic will transform and move to put herself between Ogre and Blue Knight.

                      Ogre will charge Felsic: Ogre's Attack (+2 Charge, -5 Power Attack) (1d20+5=12) That hits Felsic. Felsic's Toughness save (DC 32) (1d20+12=20) Fail by 12.

                      EDIT: Felsic's Corrosion Aura kicks off: Ogre's Fortitude save (DC 18) (1d20+15=28) and Ogre's Toughness save (DC 23) (1d20+15=22) Bruised and injured!

                      Blue Knight is up.
                      KUNSTISTORISCHES MUSEUM (Greystone; NPCs: Caballero, Candyman, Maze, Pict)
                      Maze wandered out into middle of the room. Caballero was long gone now, but judging by the rubble strewn about them, he would make his way back. Sure enough, the wall to her right burst as he stepped through.

                      He hardly seemed surprised to see her. As Maze's eyes began to glow, Caballero smirked and rushed her. As he neared, Maze rolled out of the Spaniard's path. As he rushed past her, the woman opened her mouth and breathed a jet of yellow flames at his back.

                      The flames surrounded Caballero and when they died, no trace of him remained. "Got him," Maze said.

                      Originally posted by Michuru81
                      Maze's Initiative (1d20+7=8)
                      Caballero's Initiative (1d20=12)

                      Caballero will go for an overrun attempt. Caballero's Attack (1d20+8=11) Failure.

                      Maze's Attack (1d20+4=18) Hits Bizzaro Viktor! He'll shrug off the damage from the blast of hellfire, but has to save against the dimensional pocket: Caballero's Reflex save (DC 15) (1d20+2=13) He's gone.
                      STEPHANSPLATZ (Magnitude; NPCs: Durendal, Thorn)
                      "That's quite the formidable list of powers Durendal. Undoubtedly you'll play a key role here, but I don't suppose you've got any sort of abilities that would assist us in finding victims of this catastrophe?"

                      "Sadly, no," said the Frenchman. "My abilities don't allow me to detect anyzing beyond ozer Neo-Sapiens. Zere is you, and Zorn, and ze pair of speedsters below us."

                      NVAE: HALLWAY (Ursa; NPCs: Newton, Niloticus, Pachyderm, Sprite, Warder)
                      Ursa opened his eyes. He was on his back, at the foot of the stairs. He remembered charging up the stairs and running into the crocodile man. He'd swiped his claws over the monster's chest, and it responded in kind. It hit him. It grabbed him. It threw him down the stairs. It jumped on him. It hit hard...

                      ...But not hard enough.

                      "Get behind me!"

                      Ursa looked to his right and saw Mario Tharivol charging the crocodile man. As he ran, the Dutchman changed shape, transforming into an elephant as he ran. He was taking up most of the hall, moving to save his friends from this beast.

                      Climbing to his feet, Ursa jumped back into the fight...

                      Originally posted by Michuru81
                      The Order: Round Two
                      • Warder (9)
                      • Ursa (8)
                      • Niloticus (5)
                      • Sprite (4)
                      • The Pachyderm (1)


                      Warder will hold his action. Ursa is up.
                      HUNDERTWASSER HOUSE (NPCs: Fiore, Gae'bolg, Kiln, Robor)
                      Gae'bolg--Gae'bolg who was always so collected; Gae'bolg who never let anything bother him; Gae'bolg who never raised his voice, or seethed, or lashed out--was visibly upset.

                      Something primal erupted from Gae'bolg's mouth. Something savage and guttural and beyond the comprehension of human ears was unleashed as he began flailing wildly.

                      With each swing, a chunk of Robor's head was ripped away. The vines began to creep in, growing and curling to reconstruct the head. Gae'bolg continued to scream and flail--continued to tear away at it with all his power.

                      "Really, boyo," Robor said. His mouth was destroyed, and then reformed. "This isn't even-" Gae'bolg cleaved the head in two, and the halves began to knit itself back together. "The real me."

                      Kiln raised his arm. He turned his palm up at Robor and sent a jet of flames into his face.

                      Gae'bolg stood hunched over, hyperventilating, with his hands balled tightly into fists. Fiore and Kiln moved to grab him--to try and calm him down.

                      "Let's try a different approach," Robor said. Kiln looked over his shoulder, to a full-sized simulacrum of Robor carved from sandalwood. He raised his hand to incinerate this one as well, but hesitated when Fiore cried out. A vine had coiled around the Italian's ankle, and hoisted him into the air. "Tell me where your uncle is, or I'll kill your friends."

                      JOSEFSTADT (Eiron, Fey, Lluvia, Manticore)
                      "Stop!" Fey snapped, hovering in front of Manticore's face. "What do ye think ye're doin'!?!"

                      Manticore looked down at his fists, and then down at Lluvia. "Dammit," he growled, kneeling down beside the unconscious Spaniard. "C'mon, Gaspar. Rise and shine..." He lightly slapped the unconscious youth's cheek. When that failed to rouse him, he looked sheepishly at the others. "Either of you know first aid?"

                      Originally posted by Michuru81
                      Neither Manticore, Fey, or Eiron possess ranks in Medicine, nor the feats that would allow them to make the check untrained.
                      Last edited by Michuru81; 10-06-2014, 06:17 PM. Reason: Felsic's aura
                      Armada Status

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                        Greystone:
                        [Jack Rexroth]
                        HP: 2

                        Maze wandered out into middle of the room. Caballero was long gone now, but judging by the rubble strewn about them, he would make his way back. Sure enough, the wall to her right burst as he stepped through.

                        He hardly seemed surprised to see her. As Maze's eyes began to glow, Caballero smirked and rushed her. As he neared, Maze rolled out of the Spaniard's path. As he rushed past her, the woman opened her mouth and breathed a jet of yellow flames at his back.

                        The flames surrounded Caballero and when they died, no trace of him remained. "Got him," Maze said.
                        Jack grinned, that was the first half the plan done. Hopefully not-Viktor will take a bit trying to get out of Ellen's hellmaze. "Nice work, let's find Blackguard." As he spoke the American willed an unseen change in his anatomy; in the front of his skull organs formed that allowed him to emit an ultrasonic sound that covered the area around him and upon its return to him, Jack was able to see further than his eyes alone would allow him to.



                        Shapeshift Setup:
                        -Bat Radar [3 pts]: Super-Senses 3 [Sonar]
                        Dragon Scales: [4 pts] Protection 4-Dragon Wings [4 pts]: Flight 4 (Flaw: Limited [Winged])
                        Increased Muscle Mass [18 pts]: Enhanced Strength 12 & Super Strength 2


                        Figuring it'd fall under Notice to try and locate Blackguard, so Jack's Notice Check: _: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 =15.

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                          Magnitude
                          Kasimir Flaegler
                          HP 1 LP 1


                          In his helmet Kas frowned. Speedsters? How did Speedsters literally flip a building? Even assuming it had something to do with the trench, how did they dig that trench without harm to themselves if all they had going for them was speed?

                          Worse, how had he not noticed them? Nothing else was moving, his senses were more acute than normal human sight and covered a greater distance. Maybe they were inside something? A building or a vehicle with windows and doors closed perhaps. Or maybe they had some way of rendering themselves without registerable mass. There were a couple ways to negate Kas' primary senses, so he had to consider they might be prepared for him.

                          "Speedsters? Can you locate them Durendal? They are using some sort of countermeasures to render my spatial mapping less than ideally effective."

                          "Rose, keep your eyes open for them."

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                            Ursa
                            HP: 1

                            Otso got up shakily, loosening the last cobwebs of his brief unconsciousness from his mind. "I've got your back Pachyderm!" The shout toarned into a roar as he charged wildly for the possessed crocodile-man.

                            All-out 5 Charge (1d20+6+7=28), DC 25 Toughness. Otso's effective Defense is 9 next turn.



                            Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                              Alex "Current" Murphy
                              HP: 2 (1- HP reroll) CND: Injured 1

                              Lex blocked the sword with his arm, swearing loudly as it cut deeply into his arm, but otherwise doing his best to ignore it while he hurled blasts of hot plasma at the swords.

                              OOC: Toughness VS DC25 (1d20+5=21)
                              Injured
                              Attack vs Sword DC25 toughness save. (1d20+6=13)
                              Miss
                              HP reroll on attack (1d20+6=9) Even with the +10 bringing it to 19 I'm pretty sure that's a miss. *sigh*
                              Extra Effort for another attack since this fight will be over if those things hit again:
                              Extra Effort for another attack on the swords. (1d20+6=19)
                              ... I hate my life.

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #17: Distract

                                Originally posted by Michuru81
                                I've been trying to hold off on replying until everyone is in, but Lex is further ahead, so I'll do his scene now, and everyone's when we've got everyone.
                                ALLGEMEINES KRANKENHAUS (Current; NPCs: Civilians, Swords)
                                Current unleashed another blast of lightning and watched as it just barely missed the blade. With a growl, he tried again, only to watch as he achieved the same results.

                                The sword he'd been aiming at swung through the air, and slashed at him.

                                Originally posted by Michuru81
                                Swords' attacks (1d20+10=26, 1d20+10=26)

                                If Lex goes down to the first blow, the second attack will not come for him.
                                Armada Status

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X