Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

    Martin



    As Martin's tell-tale golden apple jello resolves into the form of Tallemaja he spies the approaching teens and shifts to his own form, manifesting the Vindicator's uniform as he does so, hoping it wouldn't come to blows with the group of formidable SPBs stalking forward. He decides to continue after his quarry and stretches golden limbs to reach the mage.

    Unarnmed attack [1d20+8] = 2+8 = 10
    hp reroll
    unarmed attack [1d20+8] = 15+8 = 23
    a dc 15 damage check but then grapple
    grapple [1d20+16] = 14+16 = 30
    If grapple is successful, apply chokehold to keep her from speaking.

    "We are subduing 'er. She will know where Vindicators zey may 'ave taken are being 'eld." He says to his schoolmates, present and former. He's tense as he awaits their response.

    Comment


    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

      Magnitude
      Kasimir Flaegler
      Condition: -1 Bruised
      HP 1 LP 0


      Kas swooped down toward Martin and the fleeing girl. This was always one of the tricky moments when transporting a team. When he bestowed flight on others, the manipulation of the gravity fields involved left him with no offensive capability of his own. Assuming this girl was involved with the mages that had staged the attack earlier, she might be possessed of powers that could blow him out of the sky. Powers he would just have to absorb the assault from currently.

      He kept his lips pressed in a grim line and tried to ignore the potential for disaster.

      "This works with your general plan, does it not, Prodigy?"

      Initiative 1d20+3=13

      Comment


      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

        Violet Lear
        HP: 3

        Violet couldn't make out the voices coming from the Wreck Room but she knew that that was where Otso was currently staying. And that meant that maybe Beatrice was in there and maybe she was in trouble. That was all the reason Violet needed to check out what was going on and she ran through the door, which she remembered was supposed to have been closed and locked.

        Initiative (1d20 + 6=15) For when she arrives.

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

          The Blue Knight

          He considered for a moment, everything he knew about Tallemaja, everything Robert had told him jumbling together and bouncing round in his noggin.

          "Rheid, get Beartrice out of here, mun."

          Then Gwyn stabbed forward with his claymore, straight into Tallemaja's head. Arth may have gone right through, but his flames were made of different stuff.

          Regular attack this tie, no mods. 1d20+5=14 A 14 hit last time, I'm assuming it will again. If not, I'll burn that new HP to roll again. If it does, DC 26 Will damage.
          [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

            Greystone:
            [Jack Rexroth]
            HP: 3
            Condition: Bruise (x1)

            Dropping her guise, Tallemaja took a new form: that of a freckle-faced college-age girl with auburn hair and glasses. "Stop!" she cried. "Stop, or Beatrice will die!" As Rheid rounded the corner into the room, Ursa charged Tallemaja and went right through her. She was insubstantial--a trick Greystone remembered well from their encounter on Laputa.

            "I didn't intend to let her die!" she roared. "I'm not a monster! I can access Martin's powers! I can heal her... Please, let me heal her!" She raised her hands in surrender, and fixed them all with a pleading gaze.
            He considered for a moment, everything he knew about Tallemaja, everything Robert had told him jumbling together and bouncing round in his noggin.

            "Rheid, get Beartrice out of here, mun."

            Then Gwyn stabbed forward with his claymore, straight into Tallemaja's head. Arth may have gone right through, but his flames were made of different stuff.

            Jack looked back down at his working to try and stop Beatrice's bleeding. "Let me clarify my classmate's point - we don't want your help."

            "I know you were behind Ironside's rampage to get favor for Otso's dad's cause. How many people got hurt or worse thanks to your help? And putting mind whammys on how many of the students here to make them loyal to you? You're helping them until they're not useful to you."

            "So go to hell Tallemaja. We don't need your help to fix another problem you caused."
            The anger is plain in the American's voice, so much so that his words almost dripped with it.

            Comment


            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

              NVAE (Lex; NPCs: Catargi)
              "Have you ever heard what happened to my family? My parents? My grandparents? Aunts, uncles, my big sister?" The teacher took a deep breath before continuing. "They're dead, Lex. They were killed--massacred, actually. It didn't happen here. I hadn't even heard of this school yet.

              "I know what you saw back in the States: men kicking in your door, waving guns, shouting orders... It doesn't matter where we are: we're going to be attacked. I know you're just going to roll your eyes, and decide I'm an idiot for thinking it, but I believe there's safety in numbers."

              VIENNA (Fluxx and Magnitude; NPCs: Candyman, Catalyst, Driver, Mikayla, Prodigy, Tantivy)
              Fluxx's limb stretched and touched the girl's back. The arm began to expand, forming gelatin-like tendrils that coiled around her. "We are subduing 'er," he said as Magnitude carried the others to the rooftop. "She will know where Vindicators zey may 'ave taken are being 'eld."

              "This works with your general plan, does it not, Prodigy?"

              "Absolutely," Prodigy said, watching as Catalyst approached the girl and knelt beside her.

              The German girl put her hand on the mage's forehead and closed her eyes. "Plan A is to take down as many Vindicators as is possible, and trade their lives for a canister and Martin's hostage--another magus named Rembrandt. She does not know much about the canister, save that it is very powerful, and..." She froze. Given their experience with her, Fluxx and Magnitude knew what she was doing: she was using her powers--either to delve for more of what Mikayla knew, or to relay something in secret to one of the other former students.

              "And they have a Plan B," she said. "If they cannot get the canister, they will try to broker a deal for a new one. The canister came from another magus... A powerful warlock named Agamemnon."

              "Agamemnon Savage?" asked Prodigy, a hint of disbelief in his tone. "He's muscle for hire out of the UK--sort of a jobber villain, I think."

              "Maybe there are two people named Agamemnon," Candyman suggested.

              Tantivy rolled her eyes at her brother's suggestion. It wasn't that she disagreed with what was being said, but that she didn't much care for the source.

              "Whoever he is, he is very interested in Mario Tharivol--all of the Tharivols, really." Catalyst rose up from Mikayla, having gleamed everything she could from her psyche. "Chuck--the guy this girl is taking her marching orders from--went to the school to try and use the confusion to nab Mario, or his little brother. If Plan A fails, they're going to try and trade the boys for another canister."

              "Telepathically warn Doctor Talley, Mario, and Johnny of what they intend, then notify Kirstie."

              Catalyst raised an eyebrow at him.

              "It's likely that the effects of Lacuna's powers are still effecting Lex, preventing you from contacting him." Prodigy mentally groaned; why did it have to be so hard to contact Lex Murphy? "The odds of him being with Kirstie are high. Lex's powers would let him cover ground fast, and there are few people as determined as he is when it comes to defending the student body."

              "This is great and all," Candyman said, "but Fluxx had asked where the Vindicators were being held. Did you get that?"

              "Yes and no," Catalyst said. "Two of her associates were tasked with capturing any Vindicators they could. Once they had escaped with any of them, they were going to utilize scrolls prepared by Chuck that would place the Vindicators in a pocket dimension. Chuck knows a spell capable of freeing them. However..." She looked to Martin. "Mikayla here is under the impression that Rembrandt could just as easily cast the spell--something about golden blood? Anyway, you apparently have taken this man hostage? Perhaps we can coerce him into helping us?"

              Originally posted by Michuru81
              Impossible grapple for Mikayala.
              NVAE, WRECK ROOM: OTSO'S CHAMBER (Harry and Jack; NPCs: Armande, Beatrice, Otso, Tallemaja)
              Violet ran into the room behind Rheid, to find Greystone, Blue Knight, and Ursa surrounding a girl she'd never seen before. The girl's arms were raised in surrender, and behind her, Beatrice lay bleeding on the ground. "Rheid," Blue Knight said, "get Beatrice out of here, mun."

              Blue Knight charged forward, stabbing his flaming sword into the mystery girl's head. She screamed in pain and collapsed to her knees.

              Greystone waved Rheid aside as he knelt down by Beatrice. "Let me clarify my classmate's point," he growled, "we don't want your help." Webbing began to spray from his wrists, coating the girl's stomach. "I know you were behind Ironside's rampage to get favor for Otso's dad's cause. How many people got hurt or worse thanks to your help? And putting mind whammys on how many of the students here to make them loyal to you? You're helping them until they're not useful to you.

              "So go to hell Tallemaja. We don't need your help to fix another problem you caused."

              Tallemaja was on all fours, breathing heavily. "Let me heal her!" she pleaded. "Don't let the girl die because of your foolish pride!"

              Rheid looked terrified. "I... I'm going to go find Martin," he said, moving to leave.

              "He's gone," Tallemaja said. "He was working with me. He left the school, posed as me, to try and buy some time against the people attacking the city."

              Originally posted by Michuru81
              Will save (DC 26) (1d20+10=13) Bruised, stunned, staggered. Concentration check (DC 18) (1d20+11=20) She keeps her form.

              Healing check (DC 10) (1d20+5=15)

              Round Three
              • Blue Knight (25)
              • Greystone (18)
              • Tallemaja (16)
              • Shiver (15)
              • Rheid (1)
              Armada Status

              Comment


              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                Alex "Current" Murphy
                HP: 2 CND: Normal

                Lex sighs, "Look I'm sorry about what happened to your family."

                "But the problem isn't about strength in numbers, the problem is we're a giant visible target. Everybody knows where we are and we look like an easy target," He frowns and jams his hands in the pockets of his jacket, "This place has been attacked, what, six times since I got here last year? Only reason we keep squeaking through is that they haven't taken the students into account for anything more than victims."

                "But there's only a few of us with any big combat power, and we can't be everywhere, and we can't be lucky all the time. Eventually they're going to start targeting the few of us who can stop them too. And then what?"


                He ran a hand through his hair, "My family? If it wasn't for me I don't think anybody'd even consider them for anything but normal. They could blend in and be safer than they are here."

                Comment


                • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                  Martin shakes his head. "I do not 'ave zeir fellow. 'E and Tatjana are captured and 'eld 'ostage by yet anozer party to ensure my silence regarding yet anozer plot involving zis city and it's contents. I cannot tell anyone about it for zey possess potential eyes and ears everywhere." Fluxx makes meaningful eye contact with Catalyst, calling up all the knowledge about the OTHER plot to endanger this city and attack the school, hoping she knew to keep quiet about it and pass along the knowledge in secret.

                  "Also, for what it is worz, ze canister Tallemaja stole contains an apple. I do not know much more zan zat only zat she felt she must endanger someone's life to open it. Also, Tallemaja is ze worst kind of crazy; it seems she actually believes zat she is trying to 'elp people and will stomp all over anyone's personal liberties to do so." Martin says.

                  Without any further need for a conscious Mikayla Martin will shift his restraining mass to release his chokehold but ensure that her first breath is of chloroform. Knowing that she was a 'blowing things up' sort of mage, Martin will try to find whatever device she must have been using to communicate with the others. Then there was the matter of someone mentally communicating with Tallemaja.

                  He will recommend CandyMan bind her in sucrose, even mentioning what flavors of lollipops she's favored in the past just for the irony of it. They can report her whereabouts to the Vindicators for later retrieval and trial.

                  "Any furzer zoughts or should we 'ead to ze school?"

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                    Greystone:
                    [Jack Rexroth]
                    HP: 3
                    Condition: Bruise (x1)

                    Tallemaja was on all fours, breathing heavily. "Let me heal her!" she pleaded. "Don't let the girl die because of your foolish pride!"

                    Rheid looked terrified. "I... I'm going to go find Martin," he said, moving to leave.
                    "Not happening. I don't trust you, never will." Jack answered as he motioned for Rheid to come take Beatrice.

                    "He's gone," Tallemaja said. "He was working with me. He left the school, posed as me, to try and buy some time against the people attacking the city."
                    "That's alright, we'll figure something out without you." Jack said as he moved towards Tallemaja then punched her.


                    Originally posted by OOC
                    Jack's Attack: _: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17, and that's a Toughness DC 24 for her.

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                      The Blue Knight

                      Gwyn barely registered that Violet had entered the room, but it was enough. Paladin had taught him to be aware of who else was in a room at all times. It was a good thing she was here, really-once T-maja was subdued, Vi could restrain her.

                      Now about that subduing part.

                      He swung his claymore through her again, sweeping up from her thigh to opposite shoulder. This was like Gaspar all over again-hitting someone who wasn't hitting back. Except Gwyn felt better about this time.

                      Will Strike again 1d20+5=23 DC 26.
                      [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                        Violet Lear
                        HP: 3

                        "Beatrice!" Violet couldn't tell what was going on in the chaos aside from the fact that Beatrice was in a lot of trouble and it seemed pretty obvious who was responsible. She barely registered what everyone was saying. "We have to get her to Doctor Talley."

                        Violet jumped forward and started gathering the freshman in her arms. She yelled out to no one in particular. "Come on! Help me!"

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                          Magnitude
                          Kasimir Flaegler
                          Condition: -1 Bruised
                          HP 1 LP 0


                          Kas listened to Catalysts report and tried to pay attention to what Martin was contributing as well. This whole event was playing out like some John LeCarre political conspiracy novel. Wheels within wheels. Kas rubbed the back of his neck.

                          "Very well, let us assume for the moment that this third party took advantage of our struggle with the mages to abduct the Vindicators. I don't believe there was time during all this activity for the mages to have disposed of them."

                          "Unfortunately, that would mean that defeating the mages is only part of the task. Tallemaja is attempting to play both ends against the middle, colloquially speaking, and..."
                          He holds up a hand to forestall the inevitable interruption by Tantivy. "...no matter her intent, her plans must be halted as well."

                          "So, let us start responding in an organized fashion shall we? At least some of the mages' faction are still at large. That is something I must take responsibility for. In my haste to gain some time to react properly I merely moved some pieces around the board instead of removing them from play. Still, that doesn't prevent us from approaching this systematicly. We can follow Martin's advice and take our prisoner back to the academy and put her under guard with those that were captured there. We can, once there see about determining for certain whether the wizards have the Vindicators or whether it is the third party."


                          Kas paused. He was forgetting something. Then it came to him.

                          "Catalyst, there are two other players yet to be accounted for. Can you detect the thoughts of Quintessence? Also, even though you may not know him personally, can you pinpoint the location of Dominique Infinity? He is apparently a right proper villain and he has inserted himself into this affair...rather dramatically."

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                            NVAE (Lex; NPCs: Catargi)
                            As Lex talked, the woman simply listened. Only when he finished did she open her mouth to speak. "You make some valid points," Catargi said. "There are things I agree with you on, and things I disagree with. Consider your family. They were without you. They were able to blend in. What happened? Those who wanted to find them found them, and abducted your mother... and there was no one there capable of protecting her. I don't mean that as a slight against your father: he's a very physical imposing man, yes, but against some of Laputa's agents, he had brought a knife to a gun fight.

                            "If life has taught me anything," she said, opening the door to the stairwell for the boy, "it's that you can hide, but you can't hide for long. Your family found that out the hard way. If you ask me, they're better off with you than without you. Maybe being here puts them in jeopardy, but I think they'd be worse off away from you, Lex."

                            VIENNA (Fluxx and Magnitude; NPCs: Candyman, Catalyst, Driver, Mikayla, Prodigy, Tantivy)
                            Fluxx stared meaningfully at Catalyst. With his mind open to her, the German girl delved into his psyche, reviewing everything he had seen in the last day. She saw the deal with Rembrandt to divine what Tallemaja had done to Tatjana; she saw the mysterious bird; she saw the hotel room; she heard the phone call; she saw the meeting with the mages, and Gwen's defection; she saw the assembly Martin spied on; she saw his meeting with Tallemaja in Dag's room; she witnessed Martin posing as Tallemaja...

                            Catalyst was quiet as Magnitude spoke; she took it all in, as they saw to incapacitating the evoker. "Any furzer zoughts or should we 'ead to ze school?" Fluxx asked finally.

                            "Yes," Catalyst said, looking at the unconscious mage, "we should all think about this..." She closed her eyes, and reached out with her mind...

                            Jason, she thought. Vlad. Martin. Kas. We needed a telepathic conference. The other group Martin mentioned has someone like Randy O'Shae--someone capable of watching us through plants. What's more... And like that, the Esper began to fill in the others...

                            NVAE, WRECK ROOM: OTSO'S CHAMBER (Harry and Jack; NPCs: Armande, Beatrice, Otso, Tallemaja)
                            Violet ran into the room behind Rheid, to find Greystone, Blue Knight, and Ursa surrounding a girl she'd never seen before. The girl's arms were raised in surrender, and behind her, Beatrice lay bleeding on the ground. "Beatrice!" Violet screamed, rushing to her classmate's side. "We have to get her to Doctor Talley."

                            Everyone else kept their eyes on Tallemaja.

                            Violet had begun gathering the freshman in her arms. "Come on!" she yelled to anyone who would listen. "Help me!"

                            "Rheid," Blue Knight said, "get Beatrice out of here, mun." Blue Knight charged forward, stabbing his flaming sword into the mystery girl's head. She screamed in pain and collapsed to her knees.

                            Rheid nodded solemnly and moved to help Violet carry the French girl out. Greystone waved Rheid aside as he knelt down by Beatrice. "Let me clarify my classmate's point," he growled, "we don't want your help." Webbing began to spray from his wrists, coating the girl's stomach. "I know you were behind Ironside's rampage to get favor for Otso's dad's cause. How many people got hurt or worse thanks to your help? And putting mind whammys on how many of the students here to make them loyal to you? You're helping them until they're not useful to you."

                            Greystone motioned for them to take Beatrice away. He had done all he could--her life was in the physician's hands now. "So go to hell, Tallemaja. We don't need your help to fix another problem you caused."

                            Tallemaja was on all fours, breathing heavily. "Let me heal her!" she pleaded. "Don't let the girl die because of your foolish pride!"

                            "Not happening," Greystone growled. "I don't trust you; never will."

                            Rheid looked terrified. "I... I'll find Martin," he said, as he helped Violet carry Beatrice out.

                            Once more, Blue Knight brought the flaming blade down into the girl--this time evoking only a grunt of pain from her. "He's gone," Tallemaja warned. "He was working with me. He left the school, posed as me, to try and buy some time against the people attacking the city."

                            "That's all right," Greystone declared, "we'll figure something out... without you."

                            He swung his fist down and through her. She still remained intangible. What's more, she had shaken off the effects of Blue Knight's first attack. "Have it your way," she said, sinking down into the floor.

                            Ursa dove for her, determined to hurt her before she vanished completely. Again, it was futile: his claws swung harmlessly through her body, and soon, she was gone completely.

                            Originally posted by Michuru81
                            Will save (DC 26) (1d20+9=23)

                            Round Three
                            • Blue Knight (25)
                            • Greystone (18)
                            • Tallemaja (16): Bruised x2, Staggered
                            • Shiver (15)
                            • Rheid (1)
                            Armada Status

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                              Alex "Current" Murphy
                              HP: 2 CND: Normal

                              Lex shakes his head, "Maybe. But it does feel an awful lot like being here is putting everybody's lives at risk, ya know? Helluva lot more than sending them off somewhere else."

                              He sighs, "All I know for sure is that this place isn't safe. What's worse, keeping people somewhere that isn't safe, or rolling the dice on somewhere that could be better or worse?"

                              He let the rhetorical question linger before glancing over his shoulder suspiciously at the empty school, "Seems a little too quiet."

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                                [Did Fluxx find any communication device?]
                                Martin schooled his reaction but it was such a relief to have others KNOW what he couldn't tell them. He had first been surprised to see the strange assortment of former students in the company of Tantivy and Magnitude. Still, Tallemaja had said she called for reinforcements, admittedly, he was surprised to see Kass numbered among them and briefly wondered what she promised him - restored eyesight perhaps using a neo-sapiens' powers much greater than his own... there was no way to know and it didn't matter much anyway.

                                After the last of it was relayed at Catalyst's superior speed, Fluxx looked at the others.

                                Any furzer zoughts on ze matter? He says mentally
                                Last edited by flynnarrel; 10th September 2014, 04:51 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X