Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

    Violet Lear
    HP: 3


    "I can find Tatjana." Violet pulled out her phone and sent off a text. Tat where r u?
    Last edited by Shock; 2nd September 2014, 06:41 AM.

    Comment


    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

      Magnitude
      Kasimir Flaegler
      Condition: -1 Bruised
      HP 1 LP 0


      Kas frowned. The enemy had made off with no less than three of the most powerful Vindicators and Paragon was a third party of unknown...but assumed hostile...intent. As much as he hated to admit it, there was no way he and Herta alone could successfully contest that kind of power.

      Even if they could find them.

      "Herta, Vienna is too big a city for this kind of random search. As much as I hate to say it, we're going to have to regroup at the school and get assistance."

      "An actual plan of action wouldn't hurt either."


      Kas felt responsible for this. If he hadn't allowed the necromancer time to summon a horde of skeletons to distract the Vindicators, this may not have turned out this way. He couldn't afford any more errors. He must make this right.

      He was grim as he flew toward the academy.

      Comment


      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

        Alex "Current" Murphy
        HP: 2 CND: Normal

        Lex gives Catargi a raised eye eyebrow. Hadn't she ever had a boyfriend?

        "Uh, I'm willing to bet good money that Beatrice is with Otso right now," Lex says as he looks at the sheet, "No idea where Martin or his sister could be. But chances are they're probably safer than the rest of us."

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

          Martin was bored.

          He'd already read Enders Game and could quote the first chapter if need be. 'This is stupid.' He thought to himself.

          Still wearing ing tallemaja's face he called out in her voice. "I'm getting impatient. You wanted me to be here. I'm here. If you don't show up soon I'm using Chuck's card to order a bunch of stuff from Amazon. The number was easy to get from the driver he hired."

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

            Greystone:
            [Jack Rexroth]
            HP: 2
            Condition: Bruised (x1)

            The door opened as Tallemaja stabbed Beatrice with her other hand.

            Jack saw Beatrice eviscerated by Doctor Fisher. He watched as the open canister fell to the ground.

            A single golden apple spilled from inside, and rolled towards Jack’s feet.
            At the sight of the golden apple rolling towards him Jack instantly recalled something he’d heard while at the other world.

            Originally posted by the other Bulwark
            The warden turned to face Kas. “You really ought to be more careful who you threaten.” He said. “Lemme give you a history lesson that not many people get…”

            “I was born on August 9, 1911, in Woodbury, Tennessee. I’m almost a hundred-years-old. How am I still here? Unlike the rest of you, I’m not a Neo-Sapien. Way back in 1926, I ate an apple – a golden apple. The same sort of apples Odin and Zeus and all the other gods ate to get their power.”

            “Funny thing about the people who eat those apples is they become unkillable. Some people take some time to come back – maybe an hour, maybe a day or two – hell, maybe a whole week. Me? It takes me a few seconds to completely regenerate my entire body. Create a black hole. Go right ahead. Even if there’s nothing left, my body will pull itself back together.”
            And with that memory a lot things suddenly made sense about why the wizards were after Tallemaja so badly. Who didn’t want to be immortal? This thing was dangerous to have here, and that fact made it clear to Jack what he needed to do.

            Jack smiled at Tallemaja for a moment, then yelled. “Harry! Armande! In here! Tallemaja’s in here wearing Fisher’s face!” He then moved to grab the rolling, magical fruit.



            Originally posted by OOC
            Jack's Initiative: _: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18

            Comment


            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

              NVAE (Lex and Violet; NPCs: Catargi)
              "Beatrice couldn't be with Otso," the teacher explained. "Only faculty have the keypad passcode to get in to Otso's chambers. He requested that we take measures to make sure she could not see him in the state he's in."

              Given Beatrice's powers, it wasn't farfetched for her to find the passcode: her eyes would see the after image of those who had gone through the door. She was more than capable of seeing them punch in the code to gain entry.

              NVAE (Magnitude)
              "Go ahead," Tantivy said. "I'll continue to search, and report if I find anything."

              THE DUST JACKET (Martin)
              Minutes passed by in silence, and Martin was getting frustrated. "Has anything happened?" the real Tallemaja asked.

              Martin told her exactly what he was experiencing.

              "It may be that they have divined our rouse. I find it odd that they would ask you to read the book. It could very well be that they are watching you, and these demands are nothing more than tests to determine you are actually me.

              "Be that as it may... I'm going to attempt to open the canister. Inside, is an apple, Martin. Whoever eats the apple will be granted immortality. The canister only opens when you need it to, and I believe you must be dying to open it. Literally. Our own abilities to heal ourselves would negate the need. I'm sorry, but... I'm going to have to endanger one of your classmates. I'm not foolish enough to ask you to trust me, but please believe me: I have only the best intentions at heart."

              And like that, the communicator went dark.

              NVAE, WRECK ROOM: OTSO'S CHAMBER (Harry and Jack; NPCs: Armande, Beatrice, Otso, Tallemaja)
              Jack and Tallemaja both dove for the apple, but Jack was faster. He seized it and rolled across the floor. "Stop!" Tallemaja snapped, quickly altering her form to match his. "You don't know what you're dealing with! The wizards have hostages Jack--they've taken the Vindicators! They'll kill them unless we hand that over to them!"

              Originally posted by Michuru81
              Tallemaja's Initiative (1d20=16)

              Jack will move and get the apple. Tallemaja, having heard shouts for reinforcements, will take Jack's appearance for when help arrives.

              Rheid's Initiative (1d20=1)

              Initiative from BK?
              Armada Status

              Comment


              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                Magnitude
                Kasimir Flaegler
                Condition: -1 Bruised
                HP 1 LP 0


                Kas pulled up his flight back. He couldn't allow another student to face this kind of danger alone. What he'd witnessed in the first moments of the confrontation with the mages convinced him these people were dangerous beyond measure.

                "Tantivy, that's laudable effort, but the Vindicators could be sequestered anywhere by now and these mages could be preparing another ambush. Please come back to the school with me. We can locate Jack or Lexus or another student who can track using extranormal senses and return. There are too many potential boltholes to make a random search effective."

                "However..."
                He said resigned to the delay. "...if you're determined to take this course of action, I'll watch your back. Nobody should be in the position to be caught without back up."

                Comment


                • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                  Was Tallemaja stringing him along? Was she on the level?

                  Martin knew that Tallemaja had his parent's powers, heck, she had the loyalty of his sister. If she physically endangered a classmate, taking them to the brink of dying, they could be repaired if either she or Elle could get to them in time. Should he race back when her plan could be implemented at any time? Was he doing any good here at all!

                  Martin/Tallemaja slammed the book down to the counter.

                  "I'm getting sick of this." 'Tallemaja' calls into the emptiness. "You are wasting my time. I've got a canister to open and an apple to eat. I'm out of here in 5." S/he holds up a splayed hand. "4 - 3 - 2 - 1..."

                  If nothing stops him or manifests s/he goes back to the car and demands to be taken back to the school. He'll also take a mental note to order all new textbooks with Chuck's credit card.
                  Last edited by flynnarrel; 2nd September 2014, 01:24 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                    Violet Lear
                    HP: 3


                    "Come on, Miss Catargi." Violet put her hands on her hips. "How many students here could get through a locked door? We're being attacked by bloody wizards! Who knows what they can do! How can you be sure that door hasn't been opened?"

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                      Magnitude
                      Kasimir Flaegler
                      Condition: -1 Bruised
                      HP 1 LP 0


                      Kas pulled up his flight back. He couldn't allow another student to face this kind of danger alone. What he'd witnessed in the first moments of the confrontation with the mages convinced him these people were dangerous beyond measure.

                      "Tantivy, that's laudable effort, but the Vindicators could be sequestered anywhere by now and these mages could be preparing another ambush. Please come back to the school with me. We can locate Jack or Lexus or another student who can track using extranormal senses and return. There are too many potential boltholes to make a random search effective."

                      "However..."
                      He said resigned to the delay. "...if you're determined to take this course of action, I'll watch your back. Nobody should be in the position to be caught without back up."

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                        The Blue Knight

                        Gwyn grimaced behind his armor, wondering how they would Tallemaja. So far, they'd proved to be a slippery character. Still, his wings burst from his back and he flew through the halls, coming to his friend's aid. He could do no less.

                        Initiative 1d20+6=25
                        [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                          Alex "Current" Murphy
                          HP: 2 CND: Normal

                          Lex laughs, "Oh it's been opened, and she opened it."

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                            Greystone:
                            [Jack Rexroth]
                            HP: 2
                            Condition: Bruised (x1)

                            Jack and Tallemaja both dove for the apple, but Jack was faster. He seized it and rolled across the floor. "Stop!" Tallemaja snapped, quickly altering her form to match his. "You don't know what you're dealing with! The wizards have hostages Jack--they've taken the Vindicators! They'll kill them unless we hand that over to them!"
                            At Tallemaja's comment that he didn't know what he was dealing with made Jack just smile at her again. "Oh you'd be surprised what I know about this." He said holding the golden apple up for a moment before taking a large bite out of it.

                            "Guess someone should've told Freddy Mercury that evil wizards want to live forever." He said in between chews and once that was gone the American's jaw enlarged slightly, distorting the smile on his face and he ate the rest of the magical fruit with his second bite.

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                              NVAE (Magnitude; NPCs: Tantivy)
                              A defeated sigh cut across the communicator. "Mary is really Tallemaja. She tried to recruit me to a new Laputa she's building in the school. I helped her, Kas. I took her to Uganda and helped her to find the UUB. She enchanted some guys--orchestrated the attack on the rally. She told me that it would nudge the UN to taking action, and help Otso's dad. It did, but... people got hurt. I saw... I saw how everyone moved to help them, and I just...

                              "No one would believe me if I said I switched sides, but I did. I did, and you... you needed to know who I really am.

                              "You also need to know that Tallemaja's turned some of your volunteers: Juozas and Ellen--they work for her now, Kas. She's been finding students who aren't happy, and once a week, she goes to them, and enchants them. They volunteer for it. She magically makes them happy, and they're loyal to her as a result. Look, I get that it makes more sense to assume that I'm lying. I'm telling you not to trust anyone but me, which could make you vulnerable to me getting the drop on you out here, right? But... if I was really looking to bring you down, why would I tell you any of this?

                              "I'm just saying... if we go back to the school, there's a chance that your backup is loyal to Tallemaja now. If you don't trust me, you can stay in the air. I can't touch you there."

                              THE DUST JACKET (Martin)
                              Stepping outside, Martin--still wearing Tallemaja's face--made his way towards the car that he brought him here. Suddenly, a burst of flames devoured the driver's side of the car.

                              Originally posted by Michuru81
                              Notice check from Martin (DC 15). If he makes it, Martin will see a small red bead shoot from the roof of a building across the street, strike the car, and burst into flames. Otherwise, just the flames.
                              NVAE (Lex and Violet; NPCs: Catargi)
                              "The issue is that if she's not with Otso, she's potentially in danger." She took her phone and fired off a text message. "I'll have someone there check Otso's chamber. In the meantime, I need to find the others. You two should get to the sublevel."

                              NVAE, WRECK ROOM: OTSO'S CHAMBER (Harry and Jack; NPCs: Armande, Beatrice, Otso, Tallemaja)
                              Azure wings burst from Blue Knight's back and the Welsh boy shot down the hallway, rounding the corner into Otso's chamber, and his burning eyes fell on a terrible sight: Otso, in his bear form, was snarling behind a glass cage. Beatrice laid on the floor, bleeding out of what remained of her stomach. Jack stood on one side of the room, staring down Jack.

                              "Can I trust you to deal with this bastard, Harry?" asked one of the Jacks. "I'll get Beatrice to Doctor Talley. There might still be time..."

                              Originally posted by Michuru81
                              Blue Knight (25)
                              Greystone (18)
                              Tallemaja (16)
                              Rheid (1)
                              Armada Status

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                                Alex "Current" Murphy
                                HP: 2 CND: Normal

                                Lex shakes his head, "By the others you mean the people working for the bad guys, the people fighting the bad guys, the bad guy, and Tat. Honestly she's the only one who's really missing at this point besides Beatrice."

                                He shrugs, "And neither of them are on the upper floors. I've checked. Twice. Violet checked with me. There's nobody left on the grounds who isn't accounted for except those two."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X