Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

    Magnitude
    Kasimir Flaegler
    Condition: Bruised -1
    HP 1 LP 0


    Kasimir rocketed back through the city, on his way to assist the Vindicators and Blue Knight in dealing with the titanium thaumaturge. He wished he could spend more time dealing with the skeletons, but that could wait. While his opponent had been no match for him, likely because the enemies spent all their time preparing for the Vindicators and not Kasimir, this other mage was tearing through the remaining heroes with brutal efficiency.

    Then an idea struck him...he could do something about the skeletons on his way to help. Swooping down into the horde, he lashed out in all directions.

    "As Lex might say...take that!"

    Then in the distance he sensed a column of fire rose up in the distance. Energistic effects reacted oddly with his senses normally, being almost ghostly...after all waves distorted gravity but had no mass to directly measure. Kas usually interpreted the presence of energistic effects by how they disrupted the surrounding environment, but this...this was something different entirely.

    In a way, it caused the air around it to ionize, like fire or electricity, but it had mass and form. It was pouring from Blue Knight like lava from a vent.

    "Scheisse." He gasped in awe.

    Against the horde of skeletons, Kas is stunting: Damage 8, Area: Burst, Selective.

    He won't drop his last HP to combat fatigue, just in case he needs it when he reaches BK to calm him down.

    Comment


    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

      NVAE: SUBLEVEL (Lex; NPCs: Plenty)
      As he made his way to the stairs, Lex kept looking for Dag. Finally, he found him... looking for his girlfriend.

      "Lex!" he cried as he got close. "Have you seen Mary?"

      No sooner had the words left the senior's mouth than Armande crossed Lex's field of vision. His girlfriend--Venefica--was following him. They were coming down the stairs, but they weren't headed for the sublevel: once they were on the main floor, they began to make their way back through the school...

      NVAE: OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL (Martin)
      It nagged at Martin that no one had replied where Viktor and Otso were concerned. The communicators were an annoyance: closeted away at the UN building was a room of technicians who maintained the communication channels. They had lined Martin and Tallemaja up with a private channel, to prevent them from having to compete with the chatter of anyone else wearing a communicator.

      The only one capable of finding out was the technician monitoring their conversation, listening for calls to patch in anyone else. So far, that technician hadn't replied to Martin's request to find out about the two quarantined. Still, he trusted someone would be notified to see to them...

      The car was in view. Disguised as Tallemaja, Martin opened the door, and climbed into the back. The driver didn't say a word. At the sound of the door closing, he simply shifted out of park and began to motor away.

      VIENNA: AIR (Magnitude; NPCs: Blue Knight [HFB], Dante, Fey [KO], Nothing)
      Magnitude had done it: each and every one of the giant skeletons was destroyed by the burst of energy unleashed from his body. Now, only those on the ground--those out of the reach of him this high up--remained.

      There were more pressing things to attend to, however: Blue Knight had lost control, it seemed. A choir of voices was pouring from his maw--speaking an alien dialect. Worse, Blue Knight was radiating energy--more than he normally did when he entered a battle.

      An explosion of hellfire rocketed from him and coalesced into a nightmarish form: an enormous creature stood on the air and stared down the wizard.

      A beat later, it began: the beast who had replaced Blue Knight charged across the sky on all fours. It was like some sort of animal.

      Originally posted by Michuru81
      ROUND SIX
      Dante (28): Bruised x2, Injured x2, Stunned (HFB, R6)
      Nothing (18)
      HFB: Blue Knight (12)
      Magnitude (9)

      Dante and Nothing will hold--stunned by the transformation.

      HFB's Attack (All-out Attack 5, Power Attack 5) (1d20+10=20) It will hit, so long as he makes it around Dante's concealment: Concealment (1d20=14) We're good!

      Dante's Toughness save (DC 30) (1d20+9=23) Bruised, injured, and stunned.

      Magnitude is up next.
      NVAE: FRONT QUAD (Jack; NPCs: Dragon, Pict, Tantivy)
      Several tense moments passed as the four stood guard, waiting for legions of monstrous skeletons to come beating down their doors. In lieu of such an invasion, the guards marched towards their group in a tight formation.

      Pict stood at ease, but Tantivy didn't relax her stance. The lithe Romanian girl's eyes were on their hands, and the sidearms they were carrying out of their holsters.

      Without warning, all of the men trained their pistols on the Vindicator and fired.

      Though several of the shots connected, the Kevlar bodysuit the Vindicators wore absorbed the brunt of the projectiles. Pict was barely bothered by the barrage of bullets.

      Tantivy exploded forward. Her Neo-Sapien power coupled with her expertise in the art of eight limbs potentially made her one of the most dangerous people at the school. Tantivy was an accomplished martial artist, and at the speed she moved with, she was more than capable of single-handedly disabling an entire army in minutes.

      As she neared the first guard, she raised her knee and delivered a straight knee strike into the man's gut. She flowed like water--extending her leg to kick the next closest man in the neck. She spun then, hitting the next one with a reverse roundhouse kick. As her leg came down, she swiveled at the waist and swung her right arm back, and the man narrowly avoided taking an elbow to the stomach.

      Tantivy was dauntless, however: she dropped low and moved to sweep the next man's legs out from under him, only for him to jump back. Springing up, she grabbed the last man by the neck and moved to swing her palm up into his face. "Tantivy, stop!" he gasped. "It's me! Lacuna!"

      Tantivy froze, staring in astonishment at the man. "Did you not get Tallemaja's message?" the guard asked. "Now is our time to strike!"

      Originally posted by Michuru81
      Attack (1d20=18, 1d20=5, 1d20=16, 1d20=2, 1d20=19, 1d20=18) Four will hit, so...

      Pict's Toughness save (DC 18) (1d20+5=23) Safe.
      Pict's Toughness save (DC 18) (1d20+5=25) ... Wow.
      Pict's Toughness save (DC 18) (1d20+5=22) Safe.
      Pict's Toughness save (DC 18) (1d20+5=20) Safe.

      Hubris, Backlash, Kiln and Fey are disabled in a few short rounds. Pict takes four gunshots--flat-footed--and laughs.

      Okay, TM: initiative time.

      Guards' Initiative (1d20+1=17)
      Pict's Initiative (1d20+5=10)
      Dragon's Initiative (1d20=16)
      Tantivy's Initiative (1d20+36=41)

      A quick look at Jack's sheet suggests he can't beat Tantivy's initiative, so I'll go ahead with her: Tantivy's Rapid Attack (Power Attack 3) (1d20+5=13, 1d20+5=17, 1d20+5=16, 1d20+5=23, 1d20+5=7, 1d20+5=8) She'll hit... four out of six. She probably missed the two guards who missed Pict, thus restoring balance to the universe. Toughness save (DC 19) (1d20+2=21, 1d20+2=15, 1d20+2=4, 1d20+2=6) Three of the guys she hits goes down.

      If you're up, TM, go ahead and move. Otherwise, it's the surviving guards' action.
      NVAE, MAIN LEVEL (Violet; NPCs: Astrid, Buddy, Fiore, Mario)
      As Violet struggled to bring Astrid back to the main building, she heard someone call to her: "Hold up!" It was Buddy, one of the juniors. With him were his two friends--Fiore and Mario. Buddy was a short boy from Greece who always acted like he had something to prove. Mario was a stocky boy whose face was almost always in a book. Fiore was simply dreamy, and would have been perfect had he not been related to Rose. "We'll help you!"

      In no time they had raced to join her; Buddy insisted on helping with Astrid, while Mario began to demand answers: "What happened to her?" he asked. "Are we under attack?"

      Buddy waved the others away; though he was short, he was able to carry Astrid without much trouble. Fiore darted ahead to get the door while Mario continued to barrage Violet with more questions: "Who did this? Are the Vindicators out there? Should I go help them?"

      As they entered the school, the doors behind them opened once more. "Mario Tharivol?" asked a man.

      The group stopped and looked back. A strange man--gaunt in appearance, garbed in a black jacket, a black turtleneck, black slacks, and black shoes stood at the entrance. The middle aged man's skin had a very earthy look to it: not only was it a dull brown, it looked like it possessed the same texture as rock. "My name is Chuck," he said. "My colleagues are the ones currently assaulting the city, putting your school into this emergency state. No one needs to get hurt, however... if you'll just come with me, son."

      Buddy set the unconscious Astrid down. "He's not going anywhere," he snapped.

      "That's fine," Chuck explained, "any Tharivol will do. If this one won't come willingly, I can simply take his younger brother. I can't guarantee the safety of those who stand in my way, however..."
      Armada Status

      Comment


      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

        Alex "Current" Murphy
        HP: 2 CND: Normal

        Lex
        watched the two heading the wrong way. Wasn't everybody who was fighting heading out front?

        Dammit.

        "Let me explain," Lex starts then shakes his head, "No, there is too much. Let me sum up. Mary is hiding, but sending out texts so she's okay. If you can't find her nobody can. The people attacking the school are looking for her. The attack with the skeletons is a distraction. They'll be hitting the school, here, while we're busy outside."

        "I need you to see if there's anybody in here who isn't supposed to be. With your powers."

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

          Greystone:
          [Jack Rexroth]
          HP: 1

          Jack saw the guards line up their shots and open fire and even though the Vindicator seemed to weather the attack without much trouble the American knew the guards needed to be stopped before trying again. Despite the fact he hadn't hesitated to move on the attackers Tantivy was way faster than he ever could be and had already taken down the majority of them before he'd gotten close to them. Then she stopped her assault for some reason on the last one she'd grabbed, leaving the other two.

          Well Jack knew how to deal with them at least; flying low he rushed the guard furthest out from the group and lined up a punch that caught the man right on the jaw, not waiting to see if his target went down Jack brought his wings in close and angled his weight so that he turned sharply for the last guard and gave him the same treatment as he'd gave the first man.


          Initiative: _: 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23

          So just for my ease of reference, here's what changes Jack's got in place

          Shapeshift Set Up (29 pts spent):
          Dragon Scales: [4 pts] Protection 4 (Feats: Move-By Action, Takedown 2)
          Dragon Wings [4 pts]: Flight 4 (Flaw: Limited [Winged])
          Increased Muscle Mass [18 pts]: Enhanced Strength 12 & Super Strength 2

          So first attack; Melee Attack Roll: _: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18, which should hit based on Tantivy's hit record on them and that's a Toughness DC 23.

          Then assuming the guard fails that, Jack will move on the other guard thanks to Takedown feat.

          Second Attack Roll: _: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24, so that should hit as well with the same Toughness DC (23).

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

            Violet Lear
            HP: 3

            "She... she just needs help all right?" The need for more answers was forestalled by the appearance of Chuck. "Piss off, Chuck. You're not taking anyone."

            "We need to get Astrid away. And warn everyone who they're after."
            An icy sword formed in Violet's right hand and she stood protectively in front of her classmate.

            Comment


            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

              Martin's considers reforming his phone from the constituent pieces he broke it down to in order to text Jack or someone about Otso and Viktor but his communication and actions might be monitored. He looks to the driver to see if the man seemed controlled somehow or self-aware.

              Comment


              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                Magnitude
                Kasimir Flaegler
                Condition: -1 Bruised
                HP 1-1=0 LP 0


                Even in a world where men ran at supersonic speeds and women could usher in a new ice age, what was transpiring in front of Kasimir was almost unbelievable. In the short time Kasimir had known Harry, the Welsh teen had become one of his best friends. To see him transformed into some sort of monster was frightening and awe inspiring simultaneously.

                Still, there was work yet to do. A wizard to defeat and his friend to rescue. Despite his tough talk in the other dimension, Kas was not a killer at heart. Targeting the sorcerer, he tightened a web of particles around him to hold him in place.

                Unfortunately, the beast of energy was too great a distraction and instead, he crumpled a satellite dish on a nearby rooftop.

                First off, Kas will spend his last HP to negate the fatigue from his stunt.

                Then he'll attack Dante with his Snare. Rank 8 (DC23), Extra: Regenerating. 1d20+8=9 ayup...that's pretty normal.

                And that'll do it for Kas this round.
                Last edited by Horsenhero; 18th August 2014, 10:34 PM.

                Comment


                • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                  NVAE: SUBLEVEL (Lex; NPCs: Plenty)
                  "I need you to see if there's anybody in here who isn't supposed to be. With your powers."

                  Dag sighed. "My powers don't necessarily work like that. I mean, I'm perpetually aware of my surroundings, yes, but I don't necessarily know who-"

                  "You know what?" Lexus asked. "Now's probably not the time for a crash course on how your powers work, what with the evacuation and all. If you can't do it, just say so and keep moving--but keep your eyes open."

                  Once Dag hurried down the stairs, Lexus shifted into his feline form. He sniffed the air. "Couple of stranglers are still coming," he said. "I've gotten to know Astrid's scent fairly well, and the others... Fiore smells like flowers; Mario reeks of books." He looked to Lex. "Want me to scout the school? See if I can sniff out anyone else?"

                  NVAE: FRONT QUAD (Jack; NPCs: Dragon, Pict, Tantivy)
                  Jack effortlessly knocked out the other two guards, leaving only the one whose neck Tantivy held. "Did... did he just say he was Lacuna?" Pict asked.

                  "That's right," the guard laughed, "and I've just planted a seed in one of you. Resist, and the seed will bloom."

                  Originally posted by Michuru81
                  Round One
                  • Tantivy (41)
                  • Greystone (23)
                  • UN Guard (17)
                  • Dragon (16)
                  • Pict (10)


                  Lacuna will hold. The dragon will await orders. Pict will hold, as will Tantivy.
                  NVAE, MAIN LEVEL (Violet; NPCs: Astrid, Buddy, Chuck, Fiore, Mario)
                  At the sight of the sword, Chuck began to chuckle. "Please, child. You're not going to hurt me with that. Actually, you're not going to hurt me at all. I'm a mage whose specialty lies in abjuration: protective spells and wards and barriers.

                  "For instance, did you know that I put a barrier over this school to prevent anyone from teleporting in? The Vindicators are in the city, and won't be able to return soon. They may have been a threat, but the rest of you..." His eyes went to the Italian. "Fiore Caspian, yes? You're a junior here. You hail from Italy. Your power lets you manipulate plant life. You're the second of four children. Your younger sister recently manifested her abilities and was enrolled here."

                  Chuck raised his arms--one to the side while the other was ahead. His left wrist went limp as the fingers on his right hand contorted oddly. As he began to weave his hands through the air, Fiore charged forward. He knew what spellcasting looked like: along with Buddy and Mario, Fiore had fought a magus before, and knew that their hand-waving typically heralded bad things for those who opposed them.

                  He'd been thinking about it ever since that day: if they could just restrain them--keep them from moving their arms--they might be able to gain some sort of edge over them. As Fiore charged, he reached into his pocket for the seeds he had been carrying ever since that day...

                  Fiore hurled the seeds at the Chuck. As they shot through the air, he willed them to grow into a trio of giant flytraps.

                  "Trimonnispem!" Chuck intoned. As he stopped moving his arms and hands, he lunged at Fiore. The flytraps snapped at Chuck's limbs, only to miss. Chuck reached out with one hand--the air around his hand shimmered. Fiore rolled, narrowly dodging whatever effect the man's spell was going to have.

                  "Violet's right!" Fiore called. "Astrid's a liability to us! Get her out of here, Buddy!"

                  Originally posted by Michuru81
                  Chuck's Initiative (1d20=1)
                  Fiore's Initiative (1d20+12=17)

                  Fiore will try to snare Chuck: Fiore's Attack (1d20+4=9) Failure.
                  Chuck will try to teleport Fiore: Chuck's attack (1d20=8) Equally sucktacular.

                  We'll have that be the round to kick things off. Initiative from Violet, Shock.

                  Eiron's Initiative (1d20+1=12)
                  The Pachyderm's Initiative (1d20+2=19)
                  VIENNA (Martin; NPCs: Driver)
                  Martin caught sight of the man's eyes in the rear view mirror: he didn't appear to be controlled in any way. Was he aware of who he was serving--of what they were doing--or was he simply a man who had been hired to chauffeur someone?

                  Originally posted by Michuru81
                  I'm proceeding slowly with Martin's scenes because I'm hesitant to advance things if Martin wants to make a move--talk to anyone, press someone for answers... random stuff. I can jump to the destination, but I don't know if Martin was going to talk to the driver or not--not that I'm trying to railroad you into doing that, flynn. I just didn't want to skip something you may want to try.
                  VIENNA: AIR (Magnitude; NPCs: Blue Knight [HFB], Dante, Fey [KO], Nothing)
                  "It's a hellfire beast!" Nothing roared. He had seen it during the Trials--he had seen one of the Americans lose control during his fight with Phobos, but Phobos had put it down.

                  "When a Nephilim loses control, their infernal side takes over," Phobos had later explained to his classmates. "When they're in that state, they become feral. They don't distinguish between friend and foe--everything is an opponent to them. The only way to stop it is with hellfire. It takes another Nephilim to cut through the armor they create. Tear the host out and try to bring them to their senses."

                  "It takes hellfire to crack the shell! Once I open him, you need to tear the brat out!" Nothing aimed a fist at the monster and unleashed a blast of hellfire. The hellfire beast was faster than he was: it darted out of the path of the crimson flames and towards its prey once more.

                  Dante hovered in the air, taking labored breaths when he could. The creature lunged at him, and Dante narrowly dodged another swipe from its claws.

                  Originally posted by Michuru81
                  ROUND SEVEN
                  • Dante (28): Bruised x2, Injured x2
                  • Nothing (18)
                  • HFB: Blue Knight (12)
                  • Magnitude (9)


                  Nothing's Attack (1d20+4=9) Swing and a miss!

                  HFB's Attack (All-out 5, Power 5) (1d20+10=13) Ditto!

                  Magnitude's up!
                  Armada Status

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                    Alex "Current" Murphy
                    HP: 2 CND: Normal

                    Lex
                    nods, "Maybe go see what's holding up Astrid first, she was supposed to be clearing the girl's dorm."

                    He looked back towards where he'd seen the two sneaking off to, "And I get to go find out why we got a couple kids sneaking off instead of running for cover... or combat."

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                      Greystone:
                      [Jack Rexroth]
                      HP: 1

                      Jack effortlessly knocked out the other two guards, leaving only the one whose neck Tantivy held. "Did... did he just say he was Lacuna?" Pict asked.

                      "That's right," the guard laughed, "and I've just planted a seed in one of you. Resist, and the seed will bloom."
                      The guard's statement that it was Lacuna brought Jack to a halt. How the hell was that possible? He'd seen her gunned down months ago with his own eyes. "How'd you survive a bullet to the head Elizabeth?" The tattooed teen questioned as he hovered in the air, less concerned with the hostage threat and more focused on how the dangerous girl had managed to return somehow to plague them.

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                        Magnitude
                        Kasimir Flaegler
                        Condition: -1 Bruised
                        HP 0 LP 0


                        Kas scowled at the command from the man he didn't recognize. While he was certain, something had to be done to free harry from this transformation, the man who had beaten Kiln and Fey was the immediate threat.

                        "First things first!" He snarled and once again spun a gravitic trap around the metallic mage.

                        This time he snared the criminal.

                        Once again, using Snare 8 Extra; Regenerating against Dante.

                        Attack. 1d20+8=25. DC23 Reflex Save. (staged effect)

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                          Violet Lear
                          HP: 3

                          Initiative (1d20 + 6=14) Well, at least I go before Chuck

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                            Tallemaja looks to the driver. "You have proof that the Vindicator who's death was held hostage over me was released upon my compliance?" S/he asked casually. "Otherwise this will go... poorly."

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                              NVAE (Lex; NPCs: Armande, Venefica)
                              Lex caught the emergency exit door as it was swinging shut. Armande and Venefica were out the door, and making their way around the school. Suddenly, the pair froze: across the quad they could make out a dragon standing over Jack, Herta, Pict, and a handful of unconscious guards.

                              "What the hell?" Venefica asked.

                              NVAE: FRONT QUAD (Jack; NPCs: Dragon, Guard, Pict, Tantivy)
                              "Did... did he just say he was Lacuna?" Pict asked.

                              "That's right," the guard laughed, "and I've just planted a seed in one of you. Resist, and the seed will bloom."

                              It was a statement that gave Jack pause. "How'd you survive a bullet to the head, Elizabeth?"

                              And like that, all of the wind left Lacuna's sails. "What?" the guard asked, obviously unsettled by such news.

                              Pict's eyes lit up with realization: it was the biggest flaw in Lacuna's powers: a seed only matured knowing what Lacuna knew at the moment the seed was planted. It was possible that Lacuna could have planted seeds before her death--seeds that had only recently matured, without the knowledge of Elizabeth Lamperouge's demise so many months ago.

                              "You don't know, do you?" the Scotsman asked. "It's been months since we brought Laputa down, lass. Lacuna Prime--Elizabeth Lamperouge--was defeated. We brought her back here, and someone--I still have no idea who--shot her. It was a clean shot to the head."

                              The guard's hands began to tremble.

                              "There was nothing we could do. Elizabeth died. You died, Lacuna. You... You're just a memory, now."

                              Tantivy let go of the guard and watched as the man dropped to his hands and knees.

                              "I had a brother, Jack: John. We'd been out carousing... He'd just given me my first tattoo--the wings on my back. We had been drinking, and we... we went for a ride--ended up going over a cliff. We didn't know we were Neo-Sapiens yet, but John... He touched my tattoo and brought it to life. He saved me, but I couldn't save him.

                              "I heard stories about how they were able to bring people like Lexus and Kirstie back from Lacuna's control by coaxing them out--talking about those they loved." The Vindicator started to move on the guard. "If I'm the one whose seeded, and if it takes over... I'm trusting you to snap me out of it, lad."

                              Pict balled his fists together and raised them high over his head. With a yell he brought them down over the guard's skull and knocked the man unconscious.

                              Pict looked up at the students. "I'm still me," he said. "I'm still one of the good guys." He turned, and looked at Tantivy. "What about you, lass?"

                              Tantivy stiffened.

                              "You hesitated as soon as Lacuna spoke up."

                              The freshman girl turned her back to them. Her shoulders sagged. "Tallemaja's been hiding in the school for months--since before the island. She came to me when I was first sent here--told me that we were going to rebuild Laputa here. For months, she's been building her forces. She's got some of the other students eating out of her $&#%ing hand: Tatjana, Juozas, Ellen, Otso... They're all on her side.

                              "A few minutes ago, she sent out a text to every one of Laputa's former pawns, telling us to converge on the school." She looked up and took in the sight of Armande making his way towards them. Venefica and Lex were trailing behind him. "See?" she asked. "Here comes another one."

                              VIENNA: AIR (Magnitude; NPCs: Blue Knight [HFB], Dante, Fey [KO], Nothing)
                              Dante shot through the air, unimpeded by Magnitude's attempts to hold him still, and began to blaze across the sky.

                              Nothing continued to ignore the magus and instead focused on the monster hovering high over the city. With a mighty yell, he unleashed a blast of crimson flames that cleaved the exoskeleton surrounding Blue Knight in twain. "Now!" he screamed to Magnitude. "Get your friend before he has a chance to recover!"

                              Originally posted by Michuru81
                              Reflex save (DC 23) (1d20+11=30)

                              ROUND NINE
                              • Dante (28): Bruised x2, Injured x2
                              • Nothing (18)
                              • HFB: Blue Knight (12)
                              • Magnitude (9)


                              Dante will try to escape. He moves at 250 MPH.

                              Nothing will go for the HFB: Nothing's Attack (1d20+4=23) Hit!
                              Toughness save (DC 35) (1d20+10=17) That will open up the shell.

                              It's Magnitude's turn. Hero point for having to make a decision between chasing Dante or taking care of BK.
                              NVAE, MAIN LEVEL (Violet; NPCs: Astrid, Buddy, Chuck, Fiore, Mario)
                              "Violet's right!" Fiore called. "Astrid's a liability to us! Get her out of here, Buddy!"

                              As Buddy moved to scoop the unconscious Astrid up, Mario began to sprint towards Chuck. As he ran, he leaned forward. His arms grew thicker; his ears began to grow as his nose elongated. Before their eyes, Mario transformed into an elephant. Such size in such tight quarters limited his range of movement, and kept him from being as accurate as he would have liked.

                              Chuck easily stepped out of the path of Mario's attack.

                              "Mario! Violet!" cried Fiore. "Look at his skin! He said he specializes in protective spells! I'm betting his rocky appearance means he's protected from physical harm! We need to restrain him--bind his arms and keep him from casting any more spells!"

                              Originally posted by Michuru81
                              ROUND ONE
                              • Pachyderm (19)
                              • Fiore (17)
                              • Violet (14)
                              • Eiron (12)
                              • Chuck (1)


                              The Pachyderm's Attack (1d20+6=8) Miss!

                              Fiore will use Inspire 3, picking Buddy, Mario, and Violet.

                              Violet's up!
                              VIENNA (Martin; NPCs: Driver)
                              "You have proof that the Vindicator who's death was held hostage over me was released upon my compliance? Otherwise this will go... poorly."

                              The driver slammed on the brakes. He turned and looked back at Martin--shock apparent on his face. "One of the Vindicators died?" he asked.
                              Armada Status

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

                                Alex "Current" Murphy
                                HP: 2 CND: Normal

                                Lex
                                holds the door open for a minute considering the scene.

                                Guards down, a dragon kicking about, but everybody else seemingly fine. A part of him wanted to storm out there and find out what was going on. But Jack was still "standing", and he had no interest in dealing with Pict any more than he had to.

                                Besides, if it hit the fan the only ones that could fly were Pict, Jack, and probably the dragon. Hopefully it would eat Pict while Jack retreated.

                                The issue was it was a distraction, but it wasn't an emergency. And he was still betting good money that somebody would be trying to hit the school while people were out doing stuff. They'd just have to handle it on their own.

                                Truth be told he was just happy the two Laputa members hadn't actually been up to something. Like blowing up the school.

                                Again.

                                He let the door snap shut and turned back into the school. He figured he could give the school another quick once over then head down to make sure everybody had gotten to safety. It was as good of a plan as any at this point.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X