Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #23: I've Got a Secret

Imago
    HP: 4

"Of all the BULLSHIT!" Dennis snapped, flushing at this point. To an extent he was simply pissed, that Rose it seemed was more with Harry not because of genuine happiness, but out of some fear, as Lena said, of him. Not that he was interested in her.

But the reactions people may have given him over the Hall affray remained a leetle bit of a sore spot, so having it made as such a one for all purposes justification torqued him off.

"He didn't surrender. I struck him with an illusionary fist once, after Otso had just pinned him, just to make sure he wasn't in a position to resist. And as for the spitting? Let's not forget. Armed intrusion onto the campus - and yes they did have a warrant, but I didn't know that at the time. Hell, he had plenty of opportunity to say those four words. Instead, Agent Hall went out of his way to avoid mentioning it until later. And the stereotyping he put on Jack. And you might recall what happened where I came from."

Dennis took a pause to breathe. "One more thing, the charming, sterling leader, Kasamir. He basically encouraged Napoleon to attack one of the other MI-18 agents while he was completely disabled, but nobody is shying away from him because of it."

OOC
    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
    Crinoverse - Avengers
    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
    Crinoverse - Time After Time
    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
    Extreme Unction

Comment

Violet Lear
      HP: 2

Violet didn't last long enough watching to see Lex and Jack have success. After Jack punched Lex in the face, involuntarily it seemed, she gave up. So far as she could tell, they kept doing the same thing over and over and it wasn't working. She went back inside and celebrated the end of Kirstie's power control problem with an enthusiastic hug. "I knew you could do it." Then it was back to waiting. What else was there to do on an island a hundred miles from anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
        ARMADA, HANGAR BAY (Ganze, Jack; NPCs: Confectionery, Erudite, Nightrider, Therianthrope)
        "Get moving," Nightrider told the others.

"I don't understand," Erudite said, looking to Ganze. "Jeanette, I thought you would help us. We're trying to protect other worlds from this ship-"

"I said move!" snapped her father. "It's not safe here! Just go!"

Confectionery grabbed Erudite's wrist and pulled her to follow. Once Greystone followed suit, Therianthrope hesitated for a moment, nodding to his father-in-law. "Thank you," he mouthed before turning to follow the others.

As they left, Nightrider moved to put himself between their retreating backs and Ganze. "I don't really get what's going on, but I wasn't about to let you do anything that could harm her."
        Ganze veritable spat her reply. "I had no problem viz you protecting your world but not at ze risk to ze Armada or it's crew and your step-whelp has ze blood of a crewmember on his poisoned claws!" She looked at the black flame blade that barred her following them. She wasn't sure it it could affect her in her phased state but it wasn't worth the risk. She stayed still lest the deadly genius swordsman skewer her. They'd be fetched soon enough, especially if there was a poisoned ship mate in need of medical attention.

"If I gif you my vord not to interfere viz zem, could ve continue our vork?"
        she asks with a very German professional detachment.

ARMADA, HANGAR BAY (Jack; NPCs: Confectionery, Erudite, Therianthrope)
        "-teleported away before we could stop him. By now, Chen Lei will have everyone looking for us. We need to get out of here."

"This one will do," Erudite said, gesturing to one of the saucers. They hurried to the hatch, only to find it failing to open. "C.J. Amanchukwu." Erudite said the woman's name like an expletive. She knew who was capable of controlling the ships on this level. Immediately, she began to scan the hold for the young woman, knowing that if they could disable her, they could escape.

"You're not goin' nowhere!" The shout came from the catwalk high over the hangar. Skew was perched up there with Amanchukwu. "Give it up!"

On the ground, others were approaching them cautiously. "Stand down!" Hessian ordered. Schwindel, the Embalming Man, Ironside, and Skein were with him. "The Admiral has ordered us to apprehend you... but if you resist, ve vill not hesitate to end your vorthless lives."

Coming from behind was Blackguard, Caballero, Razorback, the Vitesse brothers, and Cascade. It was thirteen on four, and the odds were likely only going to continue to shift against them...
        My genetic code! Mart thinks in desperation to Jack. I am from Entier 'oo was, 'erself, and amalgamated being. My genetic code must contain ze secret of combining wiz anozer being of similar genetic make-up and morphable powerset. You might be able to gestalt wiz your fazer, Jack! Such increased power may even stave off ze combined Armada for a time. It's a desperate move zat may not work, but it might be worz it.
        Last edited by flynnarrel; 16th August 2016, 10:53 AM.

Comment

NVAE, SUBLEVEL HALLWAY (Martin and Otso; NPCs: Bacon, Beatrice, Kelly, Nelson, Sonck, Tatjana, Zlatkovski)
          When Martin finished telling Tatjana about Viktor's threat, the German girl set her jaw and started to stand up--no doubt to give him a piece of her mind.
          Martin stood up with her. "Mira already said she would talk sense into 'im - anozer voice may undo any good she's done. Our best options are to stay nearby ze baby in case Degallow tries somezing or... well give 'im what 'e wants." he holds up a hand to forestall her rising anger. "What I mean it zis, Viktor seems most upset that 'e was cut out of zis process entirely. Zat over-inflated 'is insecurities and 'e lashed out. If you bring 'im a baby fascimile, me, or parts of me at least, molded to look exactly like Shelby, it may let 'im feel included. Maybe it would de-escalate ze situation. What do you zink?"

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
            HP: 3 CND: Normal

"And that," Lex says as they come to a haphazard stop by the tree,"Is what I like to call a stroll."

"You hurting, or should we try to see how fast we can go?"
            Lex asks taking a look over at Jack to see if the man was showing any signs of injury after the run.

Comment

Greystone:
              [Jack Rexroth]
              HP: 0

"Get moving," Nightrider told the others.

"I don't understand," Erudite said, looking to Ganze. "Jeanette, I thought you would help us. We're trying to protect other worlds from this ship-"

"I said move!" snapped her father. "It's not safe here! Just go!"
              Jack had no clue why the hell Nightrider pulled his weapon on Ganze, but he took the opportunity he was giving them and before he left he gave the older man a nod of the head as a silent thanks.

"-teleported away before we could stop him. By now, Chen Lei will have everyone looking for us. We need to get out of here."

"This one will do," Erudite said, gesturing to one of the saucers. They hurried to the hatch, only to find it failing to open. "C.J. Amanchukwu." Erudite said the woman's name like an expletive. She knew who was capable of controlling the ships on this level. Immediately, she began to scan the hold for the young woman, knowing that if they could disable her, they could escape.

"You're not goin' nowhere!" The shout came from the catwalk high over the hangar. Skew was perched up there with Amanchukwu. "Give it up!"

On the ground, others were approaching them cautiously. "Stand down!" Hessian ordered. Schwindel, the Embalming Man, Ironside, and Skein were with him. "The Admiral has ordered us to apprehend you... but if you resist, ve vill not hesitate to end your vorthless lives."

Coming from behind was Blackguard, Caballero, Razorback, the Vitesse brothers, and Cascade. It was thirteen on four, and the odds were likely only going to continue to shift against them...
              Jack growled, baring his fanged teeth, at the arriving force sent after him and his allies.

My genetic code! Mart thinks in desperation to Jack. I am from Entier 'oo was, 'erself, and amalgamated being. My genetic code must contain ze secret of combining wiz anozer being of similar genetic make-up and morphable powerset. You might be able to gestalt wiz your fazer, Jack! Such increased power may even stave off ze combined Armada for a time. It's a desperate move zat may not work, but it might be worz it.
              Jack's mental answer was a sharp and direct. No. The growing anger he was feeling dominated the emotions that Mart could pick up from him, but there was a undertone of uncertainty mixed with a small twinge of fear as well. Meanwhile he glance at his father, looking to see what his response would be as Jack had an idea but was unsure if it would work.

Comment

Greystone:
                [Jack Rexroth]

"And that," Lex says as they come to a haphazard stop by the tree,"Is what I like to call a stroll."

"You hurting, or should we try to see how fast we can go?"
                Lex asks taking a look over at Jack to see if the man was showing any signs of injury after the run.
                Jack was forced to admit to himself that Alex's speed was far beyond anything he could do with his own powers, though he couldn't understand why the other American was such a downer and so bitchy all the time as it was pretty damn cool. When Alex asked about taking a second run Jack nodded his head in the affirmative. "I'm cool, if you're batteries are still charged I can go again." The only wear apparent on him was the couple of old singe marks on his clothes from earlier mistakes.

Comment

ARMADA, HANGAR BAY (Ganze; NPCs: Nightrider)
                  "I trust your word," Nightrider said. "I can overlook your grabbing Tabitha as an error in judgment and surely as you can my training my weapon on you." He let the sword vanish and the flames in his eyes dissipated. He reached out, offering his hand to shake.

ARMADA, HANGAR BAY (Jack; NPCs: Amanchukwu, Blackguard, Caballero, Cascade, Confectionery, the Embalming Man, Erudite, Hessian, Razorback, Ironside, Schwindel, Skew, Skein, Therianthrope, Vitesse)
                  Jack looked to his father, and the older man's resolve wavered. He transformed. The armored plates vanished from his skin; his claws receded along with his wings. Slowly, Therianthrope turned back into Dale Rexroth. "I killed Anansi," he declared to everyone there. "Talk to Zehirli or Basilisk or... or anyone from Laputa... Before I came here, I was the king."

He shifted his skin. The tattoo of a chess piece--a black king--rose up on his chest.

"Do you know how hard it's been to take orders from someone else? My wife and son and our friend tried to talk me out of it, but I was... I was determined to kill Chen Lei and take his place. Locus and Anansi found out, and I... I killed her. If the coward hadn't gotten away, I would have killed Locus, too! They knew too much, and I..."

Dale looked back to his family. "I should have listened to you." He looked straight into Jack's eyes. "I'm sorry. For everything I did, I am so sorry."

He looked back at the Armada slowly moving to surround them. "I'll go quietly," he said. "Just... don't hurt them. Don't make my family pay for my sins... anymore than they already have."

NVAE, HALLWAY (Dennis; NPCs: Rose)
                  "He didn't surrender. I struck him with an illusionary fist once, after Otso had just pinned him, just to make sure he wasn't in a position to resist. And as for the spitting? Let's not forget. Armed intrusion onto the campus - and yes they did have a warrant, but I didn't know that at the time. Hell, he had plenty of opportunity to say those four words. Instead, Agent Hall went out of his way to avoid mentioning it until later. And the stereotyping he put on Jack. And you might recall what happened where I came from."

"He wasn't going out of his way to avoid mentioning it! He was in doing it when we got there! You, me, and Otto? We got there and that guy was trying to talk to Herta--not fight her. We found a gun on him, but he never drew it against us. Looked like he had plenty of reason to, too, what with his partner lying on the ground at Herta's feet...

"You guys never even let him try to explain about the warrant. You just jumped right into hitting him and spitting on him. I don't like how they handled that situation, but... Dennis, he was clearly surrendering and you, and Napoleon, and Kas..." She shuddered to think about Kas. Twice now, she had fought by his side. At the time, she told herself he had been bluffing the Vitesse brothers--telling them he would chain their loved ones, innocent or not--but after watching him unleash Napoleon like he had, she had begun to wonder if he had truly been bluffing.

Would Kas commit unspeakable acts in the name of justice?

"You can justify it however you want to yourself, but that..." Rose shook her head. "When I first got here, these guys tried to kidnap me. Turns out they were with the Albanian mafia. They sell girls like me. After that, I... I got partnered with Kas and Durendal to stop a hostage situation. Then, some drug dealer teamed up with these whackos and cut up my boyfriend.

"My point is, you keep going on about how bad it was where you come from--how you've been through some bad shit, right? Well, newsflash: we've all been through some bad shit. The difference is, the rest of us are trying to become better people, not emulate the ones who put us through it."

NVAE, SUBLEVEL HALLWAY (Martin and Otso; NPCs: Bacon, Beatrice, Kelly, Nelson, Sonck, Tatjana, Zlatkovski)
                  "I think that..." Tatjana trailed off as a frown appeared on her face. "That could be very bad if he ever found out. If we give him that hope... what if he comes to talk to Uncle Terry or Sarah? What if he apologizes, and asks if he can hold Shelby again? What if they let it slip that he never actually held his daughter?"

SHETLAND ISLES (Jack, Lex, Violet; NPCs: Augustus, Carla, Excalibur, Kenny, Kirstie, Mary)
                  Soon, they had it, and Lex was ready to bring Kirstie's father home. He put the ring on, only to find it failed to do anything. "Like I said," Kenny mentioned, "it takes a bit to recharge..."

"Remember," Augustus said, "you can take the ring off at any time to come back to the real world, but you'll appear where you are when you take it off. If things go south in there, take the ring off, and you'll be pulled back here... but you might appear inside of Vauxhall Cross... and it'll take a few hours before you can go back.

Before long, Lex put the ring back on... and vanished into the Astral Plane...

THE ASTRAL PLANE (Lex)
                  There was no light or air on the Astral Plane, and yet, Lex could see and breathe just fine. Everything around him was dark--blackness, but with faint outlines of everything in the real world: he could see the walls and the table and chair. He could see fuzzy outlines of the people gathered in the room.

In the stillness of the void, there was no sound. His foot tapped against an invisible ground and made no sound. He waved his hand through the back of Kenny's armchair and felt nothing.

He remembered what Augustus had said: there was a rocket launcher upstairs--the key William had no doubt left for him. According to Augustus, each cell was protected by a thick layer of concrete and steel and this was the most efficient way of tearing through it. No doubt William was counting on his powers to protect him from the debris.

Of course, that meant that Lex still needed to find William. William was in Row 64, MI18's secret prison. According to Augustus, it was in London... Now, in a world where there was no GPS--where compasses did not work--Lex needed to find London...

Originally posted by Michuru81
                  Figured I would jump forward a bit.

I'm not sure how Lex will find his way to London, Arkrite. William actually has an electronic beacon spitting out a signal, but I don't know how close Lex has to be to find it. In this world, the only real electricity (well, the closest) is going to be coming from London, so that may attract him, but again... I don't know the range. Otherwise, I believe Survival lets you find your way.
                  Armada Status

Comment

Imago
                    HP: 4

"One spit and smack does not equal emulation." Dennis insisted. But uncomfortably, she was right that for practical purposes, Hall and her companion had given up.

"...It hit all the wrong buttons. Two weeks into a new world and a sudden raid by a government spook organization after one of my new friends. I was pissed, and I didn't leash it in. Perhaps in hindsight I should have."

OOC
                    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                    Crinoverse - Avengers
                    Extreme Unction

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

Locus
                      VP: 1

"You may be in mourning," Wight hissed, "but you still do not command me. Talk to the Greys yourself; I have a lovely young lady to keep company."
                      Something for which Wight found himself punched in the stomach for, before Locus left with Anansi's body and was instructing the Greys on what to do. He would have to dig into the library, but he could make this work.

OOC
                      Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                      Crinoverse - Avengers
                      Extreme Unction

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                        HP: 3 CND: Normal

"Remember to thank Martin the next time you see him," Lex noted to Jack as he shifted his weight back on aching knees, "Or you'd probably be experiencing what joints without any cartilage feel like."

With that they moved forward with the practice. After he was confident they moved back to the house and the waiting game began. He had a big meal, and a bunch of water, plugged himself into a wall and waited.

And when it was time to go he swapped out of his normal clothes into the black getup that William had left him, and waved goodbye.

A part of him wanted to leave some last suggestions for if he never came back, like watching Doug or giving Martin his shoes (they survived far too long to be normal), but he could imagine the breakdown that Kirstie would have if he even suggested that he wasn't going to be back. So instead he just kept his mouth shut, gave them a wave, and disappeared.

He immediately had second thoughts about the plan upon arrival.

The complete lack of any sound was unnerving, and even if hadn't been the lack of any electricity in the area would have easily been enough to give him the heebie-jeebies. He shifted around to make sure nothing was sneaking up behind him and frowned.

This would make his job easier and harder. It meant that sneaking was going to be remarkably easy, but that was a two way street. And now he wasn't sure he was going to be able to rely on just sensing power. People who could hear would carrying walkie-talkies, or flashlights, or cellphones. Without any way of hearing, and no need to seeing in the dark...

He sighed and made his way upstairs to get the Bazooka.

Getting to London was going to be a pain. He wasn't sure what was, and wasn't something he could touch. The chair gave no resistance, but he could still use the stairs. And what was around was hazy and indistinct. He knew how to get across to England without any issue, he'd planned his route out of the house so he knew the right directions, but once he was there it was going to be hard trying to Vauxhall Cross without some landmarks. He should have made his way back first and then used the ring. Oh well, hindsight.

He shrugged the bazooka into place and started to England.

He could get to the coastline and maybe follow that until he recognized something from the south end of the island. That's normally where he came up from, and hopefully from there he'd be able to go north from there.

Otherwise he was going to spend a lot of time running back and forth across an entire country trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Comment

Violet Lear

"Well, now what?" Violet was feeling uneasy about the whole thing. Lex just disappearing when he put the ring on was rather unnerving. She stood close to her father and peppered him with questions. "How long do you think he'll take? How will we know if something's gone wrong? Is there anything we can do to help?"

Comment

ARMADA, HANGAR BAY (Ganze; NPCs: Nightrider)
                            "I trust your word," Nightrider said. "I can overlook your grabbing Tabitha as an error in judgment and surely as you can my training my weapon on you." He let the sword vanish and the flames in his eyes dissipated. He reached out, offering his hand to shake.
                            Ganze nodded once and shook. "A tactical decision vhen it vas four against two. Zough, I admit, tactics vere more Deiter's strengz zan mine."

"Now, I zink Tabitha figured out a vorkaround for ze Newtonian-Heizenberg Coefficient. Her schematic is incomplete but took it in a much more acute direction zan ve vere considering. Your daughter is very smart."
                            she compliments.

I'm good ending this scene here.

Comment

"I think that..." Tatjana trailed off as a frown appeared on her face. "That could be very bad if he ever found out. If we give him that hope... what if he comes to talk to Uncle Terry or Sarah? What if he apologizes, and asks if he can hold Shelby again? What if they let it slip that he never actually held his daughter?"
                              "I see your concern." Martin nods. "I was zinking maybe tell zem after ze fact, include zem on ze ruse. Maybe see if Viktor actually did try to kidnap baby me to 'is 'omeland. It might be good for your family to know 'e would not follow zrough on 'is heated zreat. I mean, we've all made zreats in ze passion of ze moment we later regret. Or, if 'e DID try to steal me away... well, we'd 'ave dealt wiz zat to. I zought it would 'ave been better zan putting an actual 'uman baby in potential danger. But I see your concern. You are wiser in zese matters zan I." he admits.

"I still did not feel zat your confrontation of Viktor would be 'elpful to ze situation, but if you still zink so, I'm open to 'earing your zoughts on ze matter." With Tatjana being the blue-eyed-bombshell-ball of passions Martin had learned that first shocking her out of her intended action then getting her to think about her situation was the best course.
                              Last edited by flynnarrel; 17th August 2016, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattooedman View Post
                                Jack's mental answer was a sharp and direct. No.
                                Mart stayed silent. He was glad the Dale had pieced together that Jack killed Anansi from Ganze's words and maybe his own heightened sensory input.

Locus's account would run counter to his story though so it would all come down to how Admiral Chien would handle it.

Comment

Working...
                                X