Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #23: I've Got a Secret

LONDON, HOUSE ARNETT (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
    Kirstie explained her master plan to Lex.

Originally posted by Michuru81
    Incoming PM, Arkrite.
    Armada Status

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

Anansi
      HP: 1
      Condition: Not bored anymore

Dunno, don't get underneath? But good for you for having someone out there to worry about. Me? The only people I care about are on this ship so I hope you understand it's in my best interest to keep her moving."

Last edited by McGuffin; 14th July 2016, 12:13 PM.
      Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Imago
        HP: 4

Dennis turned to Martin and gestured at the couch. "So, how's Japan?"

OOC
        Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
        Crinoverse - Avengers
        Crinoverse - Young Avengers
        Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
        Crinoverse - Time After Time
        Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
        Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
        Extreme Unction

Comment

ARMADA, BELOW DECK (Anansi, Locus, Jack; NPCs: Confectionery)
          "I have a son," Katrina said. "Vladislav. Tabitha has two kids--Jason and Elizabeth. We're doing this for them. If the Elpis arrives on our home world, what hope do they have?"

"Dunno, don't get underneath? But good for you for having someone out there to worry about. Me? The only people I care about are on this ship so I hope you understand it's in my best interest to keep her moving."

Suddenly, Locus was there, looking at them all with a baffled expression. Katrina wasted no time in lunging for him.

Within moments, Locus teleported away before Katrina could grasp him, and shoved a hand forward. Everyone could feel space... shifting before a translucent shockwave surged forward at Confectionary. "I think we just got our evidence."

Confectionery whipped around and her arms stretched across the distance.

The Order
          • Locus (23)
          • Confectionery (22 [+6])
          • Greystone (22 [+4])
          • Anansi (15)

Confectionery - Toughness - DC 20: 1D20+12 = [13]+12 = 25

Same rolls, only with -2 for Elongation applied:

Confectionery - Attack: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 18
          If that hits, Toughness save DC 22 and she'll automatically start a grapple. Confectionery - Grapple: 1D20+15 = [8]+15 = 21
          Let me know if that lands, EO, then I'll post with Jack's reaction added in.
          Armada Status

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

Locus
            VP: 2
            COND: Unharmed

She did succeed in latching onto Locus.

OOC
            Toughness: 1D20+12 = [15]+12 = 27

I'm pretty sure he can't beat the grapple roll though.
            Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
            Crinoverse - Avengers
            Extreme Unction

Comment

Violet Lear
              HP: 2

Trust me. Mat did you a favor.

Then she sent him a short video of her making a kissy face.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                HP: 3 CND: Normal

Lex nodded as he heard the plan.

It relied on him talking to something he hated and asking for a favor, to get some guy he may or may not know to deliver a message which would likely result in another misunderstanding fight, and thus need another message to be sent to prevent that from happening.

Obviously Kirstie had been hanging around him too long.

"Okay, my counter proposal is I kip on down to Vienna and get Ellen to call Jack," He says, "They just wanted throw him in jail, they don't have any reason to have him under surveillance."

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
                  WALES (Harry; NPCs: Lori, Rhys)
                  "English rhetoric," said Rhys. "I teach other writers what they're trying to say and how to say it, while also showing them how to be more aware of what dialogues other writers are opening up."

The Blue Knight

Despite himself, Gwyn leaned forward, actually engaged. "That's pretty interesting. So you write about writing then, tools of the trade, and all that?"

He took a sip of water. "I'm not a writer myself, but I've always been proper interested in it-picking the right word can be the difference between a good story and a bad, innit?"
                  [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
                    NVAE, COMMON ROOM (Dennis, Martin, and Otso; NPCs: Armande, Dag, Lena, Matt S., McClanahan, Mira, Newton, Rose, Venefica)
                    Another figure came through the windows then: Mira Linden, wearing Martin Curie. "Where's Viktor?" she asked, apparently unconcerned with how the common room had ended up in the shape it was in.

"He's in the sublevel," Newton said, "waiting outside of the infirmary."

Mira wasted no time in heading straight for her boyfriend's side.
                    Disengaging from her at once, Martin briefly passes through his golden jello phase before resolving into Martin's customary form.
                    Imago

Dennis turned to Martin and gestured at the couch. "So, how's Japan?"
                    Martin nods amiably at the relatively new student as he looks about at the broken glass still littering. "Eet ees much less eventful. Zough still not what you would call 'peaceful' or 'relaxing'."

"If you'll excuse me, I should find Tatjana." He says with a polite nod. He'll start to head down to the infirmary.

Comment

Ganze looks at the new schematic with interest.

Comment

Greystone:
                        [Jack Rexroth]

I wish you would have let me come up there with you. If I don't hear from your every hour on the hour, I'm going to have to destroy my homeland. You realize that, right?
                        If you do that how are you gonna show me around?

Showing me different piles of rubble wouldn't be as much fun I think.

Comment

ARMADA, BELOW DECK (Anansi, Locus, Jack; NPCs: Confectionery)
                          Confectionery whipped around and her arms stretched across the distance, hitting Locus in the face and immediately putting him into a chokehold.

As things started to spiral out of hand Jack moved in between his best friend's mom and the teleporter. "Stop! There ain't a reason to fight!"

"Wake up, Jack!" Confectionery spat. "They know what we're up to! Carol all already said she's against us, and Carlos here can get them straight to Chen Lei. If we let them get away, it's all over. You want to protect the world, Jack? Then we can't let them talk."

The Order
                          • Locus (23)
                          • Confectionery (22 [+6])
                          • Greystone (22 [+4])
                          • Anansi (15)

With Locus grappled, we'll start a chokehold. Starting this round, Carlos can hold his breath for a number of rounds equal to his Constitution modifier, then it's Fort saves, EO.

Is there any action from Jack other than what we have here, TM? If not, Carol's up, McGuffin.
                          LONDON, HOUSE LEAR (Jack)
                          "This is the pile of rubble where I grew up. Over there is the pile of rubble where I went to school. See that pile there? My best friend growing up lived there."

As he was reading it, he got a message from Kirstie: Friend of the family swinging by you later. All OK. Don't freak.

A moment later, Jack got another from Ellen: I won't keep you up all night, monkey. Be safe tomorrow. I love you.

He turned in, settling into the most comfortable bed he had ever slept in. Naturally, something had to interrupt this momentary peace: the 'friend' Kirstie had mentioned...

"Jack?" whispered a man in his room. The moonlight trickling through the windows reflected off of the man's metal limbs. "My name is Excalibur. Kirstie asked me to come. I have a message for you..."

He offered Jack a letter, sealed with wax.

I'll leave it to Arkrite to decide what's inside.
                          LONDON, HOUSE LEAR (Violet)
                          Jakob texted her back a heart emoji, followed by a message: I miss the real thing. What am I going 2 do while this summer

NVAE, COMMON ROOM (Dennis and Otso; NPCs: Armande, Dag, Lena, Matt S., McClanahan, Newton, Rodriguez, Rose, Venefica)
                          Mister McClanahan watched as Martin followed Mira out of the room. "What a time for Doc Talley to be across the pond," the priest grumbled as maintenance arrived to clean up the class. "You know, Corey's over there." Newton's expression turned; he looked absolutely heartbroken. "I could call him--have him bring her back so she can help Doctor Bacon take care of Sarah..."

"The Americans need her more than we do," Newton said. He grimaced. "Listen, Peter... We should talk privately."

McClanahan could read the seriousness in the headmaster's voice. "What happened?" he asked, not budging from the spot.

Newton's eyes shifted, looking to the other students in the room. Finally, he sighed. "Everyone?" he asked. "If I could have your attention for a moment? About an hour ago, I received word from the headmaster of our sister school in the States. They made a breakthrough... I'm afraid one of our alumni was responsible for the outbreak they've been suffering through. Darwin Strauss?"

"Darwin?" asked Hercules Rodriguez, the school's janitor and one of Mister McClanahan's former classmates. "But he... he lost his powers. Taegan cured him during the Trials."

"And someone restored them," explained Newton. "How-"

"Where is he now?" asked McClanahan angrily.

"They have him. He's agreed to cooperate--to cure everyone he infected."

McClanahan drew his cell phone from his pocket like he was drawing a sword. "Let me call Corey. I'll have him bring me over, and I'll bring Darwin back. He was a student here; he's our problem, not theirs..."

"Peter!" Newton shouted. "Please, just let me..."

The Scotsman had already dialed his best friend's mobile.

"The Vindicators went to the Sahara Desert to find Mister Strauss, but it seems to be a ploy to lure them away from the school. While they were away, his cohorts attacked the American school. Corey had stayed behind, to be with his girlfriend..."

Already, Mister McClanahan seemed to understand what was coming. "I'm so sorry, Peter." The priest was beginning to tear up. "He didn't make it."

His arms fell limp at his sides. His phone slipped from his fingers and bounced on the rug.

"What?" Dag asked. "Mister Ander? You... you mean...?"

Newton ignored the Swede. Instead, he put his arms around the philosophy teacher and hugged him. Mister McClanahan's sobs echoed through the room.

NVAE, SUBLEVEL HALLWAY (Martin; NPCs: Beatrice, Catargi, Gus, Larrikin, Juozas, Kelly, Mira, Nelson, Sonck, Tatjana, Viktor, Zlatkovski)
                          Martin arrived in the sublevel to find the hall congested. Some, he understood: Sarah was having Viktor's baby, so Viktor was here; Sarah was having Viktor's baby, so Mira was here; Sarah was having a baby, so Tatjana was here; Sarah was having a baby, so the man who raised her--Terry Nelson--was here.

What Martin couldn't understand were why so many of the others were present: the teachers may have been here out of concern for one of their students, but what about Larrikin? What about Beatrice? What about Kelly? What about...

Martin didn't know the Egyptian boy. Still, he could infer his identity from conversations he'd had with Tatjana: Niloticus had joined the school after Lacuna surrendered her hold on him; Elizabeth Lamperogue had stolen a year of his life, and Gus was just trying to make some sense of himself now.

Tatjana looked up at Martin's arrival. She immediately exploded out of her chair and pulled him into a hug. "Doctor Bacon said that everything is looking pretty normal, right now. It's just a waiting game..."

WALES (Harry; NPCs: Lori, Rhys)
                          "Aye," Rhys said. "If you're not more careful, I could put you to sleep talking about it."

"Maybe Rhys could help you with your schoolwork, Gwyn?" Lori looked from her son to her boyfriend. "Gwyn could email you his papers--have you look them over?"

"I'd be happy to help however, I could." Rhys smiled sweetly at her. "So, tell me about your school. Lori said you attend an international school? That must be interesting."

It was an otherwise uneventful dinner. No one came crashing through the window; no one suddenly dropped dead having ingested poison; the kitchen failed to explode magnificently. It was just a nice, quiet dinner with his mother and a man she was obviously smitten with.

"Well, this has been delightful," Rhys said as he walked them back to their car. "Gwyn, you have my info--go ahead and get a hold of me. Maybe we could have tea some time soon? It would let us get to know each other better." He shook the teen's hand before giving Lori a respectful kiss on the cheek; he wasn't so crude as to snog her in front of her son. "Text me when you get home, to let me know you got in safe."

On the drive back, Lori pestered her only son: "So, what do you think? He's smart, and such a gentleman... I've never been treated like he treats me. Do you remember Joe?" It had been years since her brief fling with Joe. Rhys was definitely an improvement over Joe; then again, the High Sheriff would have been an improvement over Joe.

Soon, it was time to make his way to the meeting with Cavalier. Gwyn took off, and arrived at the designated meeting spot.

Cavalier was late to arrive. "So, you're my replacement, huh?" he asked, letting his armor dissipate.

The Blue Knight didn't recognize him. Beneath his armor, Cavalier wore a suit of lean muscle that showed through the dingy T-shirt and ratty jeans he was wearing. As the flames went out in his skull, dark brown eyes peered out at the Welshman. They had a tired look around them.

Cavalier's hair was black and buzzed down. It looked a bit uneven in some places--especially at the neck--making the New Vindicator think that the older boy cut his hair himself.

He was older, but not by much. He might have been twenty--twenty-two at the most--and he wasn't much taller than Gwyn.

As the Blue Knight looked him over, he was doing the same; he looked unimpressed. "Like I said on the phone, I think there's a serial killer... I've found at least eight--all women in their mid-to-late thirties. All of them suffocated, except there's no evidence of them being suffocated.

"I have video of one, but it doesn't make any sense." He looked up a video on his phone before handing it over. It was hallway footage from an apartment building. A woman opened the door, stepped out into the hallway, looked around, then started back in. As she re-entered her home, leaving the frame, her hand moved from the door knob. A few moments later, she fell backwards, collapsing to the floor, clawing at her throat. Moments later, she was laying still.

No one else appeared in the video.

"There was no ligature marks on the victims. No redness." That implied that no external forces was applied to the throat that would close blood vessels. "No fibers found in the throat." They weren't smothered with a pillow or similar instrument. "No DNA under their fingernails." They resisted, but weren't able to claw their attacker. "Somehow, someone is asphyxiating these people without touching them, and they're doing it without appearing on camera.

"Robert could have cracked this in no time, but I'm not Robert." Cavalier grimaced and forced himself to ask, "Think you can help?"
                          Last edited by Michuru81; 18th July 2016, 05:59 AM. Reason: Fixing stuff
                          Armada Status

Comment

Originally posted by The Letter
                            Figured out the book. Thought that Applebottom was just power hungry and incompetent, but she's intentionally running MI18 into the ground to get it replaced.
                            Your host is in danger, he's one of two people who have enough pull and good will to wrestle control from her. She may try to get him out of the way as well.
                            -AJM

To whom it may concern,

If you are reading this, then I have trusted you with the fate of the entire United Kingdom. For some time, I have suspected that there are forces working not only to undermine our sovereignty, but to use this as an opening salvo in a war I fear will be waged against super-powered beings across Europe.

At the expense of sounding as though I have succumbed to paranoid delusions, I believe that I have uncovered a conspiracy—a campaign that has installed a mole within the agency I am director of. For too long, I have not given a second thought to the actions of one Miss Francine Applebottom, choosing to believe she is merely a dedicated agent and a driven individual. I have come to suspect, however, that she is acting on the behalf of a foreign agency: the United States’ own Black Box.

What’s more, intelligence suggests that Doctor Cheryl Colbenson has individuals serving her needs in many different countries: from Geert van Rijn, founder of the Netherlands’ Independence Party, to Aldus Wagner, Germany’s attaché stationed in London. Black Box’s spies have infiltrated more than European governments: information gleamed by an agent suggests that Black Box has agents employed by the New Vindicators Academy of Europe and even enrolled in courses there.

I have taken no action, electing instead to monitor those individuals as best I could. So long as they suspect they have dodged suspicion, they are more inclined to provide me with information on their dealings. I have attached agents to monitor those I have uncovered, but realize all could yet be lost if Applebottom’s ambitions come to light. If she has her way, she will see me disposed of; I fear she will attempt to wrestle control of MI18 from me and steer this department into a ravine.

If you are reading this, then I must presume that this has happened. I have been disposed of quietly, and it is now up to you to continue my work. Find out what these villains are plotting and stop them, lest they be allowed to bring Black Box’s brand of madness across the pond and let it devour Europe as it has America.

Don’t let my daughter experience the horrors her Alexander has.

Comment

Imago

There was a long moment of silence.

Then, dripping with anger: "Who are those bastards?!"

Ok, so Dennis hadn't really known Mr. Anders all that well, but he was a teacher and this was someone from the school who'd turned on them. That called for all the contempt in the world.

OOC
                              Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                              Crinoverse - Avengers
                              Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
                                [Jack Rexroth]

This is the pile of rubble where I grew up. Over there is the pile of rubble where I went to school. See that pile there? My best friend growing up lived there."

As he was reading it, he got a message from Kirstie: Friend of the family swinging by you later. All OK. Don't freak.
                                Jack was chuckling at Ellen's reply when Kirstie texted him. Given her dad's job a "friend of the family" could mean anyone, and likely someone he didn't know.

I won't keep you up all night, monkey. Be safe tomorrow. I love you.
                                At least not this way, right?

As much as I can. Love you darling, xoxoxo

He turned in, settling into the most comfortable bed he had ever slept in. Naturally, something had to interrupt this momentary peace: the 'friend' Kirstie had mentioned...

"Jack?" whispered a man in his room. The moonlight trickling through the windows reflected off of the man's metal limbs. "My name is Excalibur. Kirstie asked me to come. I have a message for you..."

He offered Jack a letter, sealed with wax.
                                Jack had barely been asleep when the guy snuck into his room and his talking easily woke him. He got out of bed, wearing the pants of his school uniform as pajamas, and took the offered letter. Jack then altered the make up of his finger so that it was a source of light so he could read what had been sent to him, and after finishing it he cursed quietly then looked to his visitor. "Thanks Excalibur, I owe you one. If you need a hand with something feel free to reach out, but I gotta go let others know about this."

Leaving the metal limbed man to find his way out, Jack quietly made his way to Violet's door and gently knocked. "Violet? You awake? I need to talk to you, it's important."

Comment

Working...
                                X