Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

    Violet Lear
    HP: 1->2

    "Shit."
    Violet frantically looked around, trying to figure out where Haboob was. She didn't have enough power to stop the sandstorm directly but maybe if she found him, she could stop it more directly. Doubting he would just be standing on the street, she started skating again, trying to cover more area.

    Comment


    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

      Imago
      HP: 4

      "Let me guess," Dennis dryly surmised. "Haboob. Right, do we split up? I can keep on the Matt Squad."


      OOC
      Impeach the peach!

      Completed Games:
      Crinoverse - Avengers
      Crinoverse - Young Avengers
      Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
      Crinoverse - Time After Time
      Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
      Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
      Extreme Unction

      Comment


      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

        Greystone:
        [Jack Rexroth]
        HP: 2
        Location: NVE

        Jack looked over Randy's dad and saw something new over the man's head: a single seed. Randy O'Shae had inherited his powers from his father. They were powers Fiore had not been able to overcome--powers supposedly augmented through a magical ritual. Still, there was no drop of blood over the patriarch of the O'Shae family over the man's head...

        Gone were the symbols he had come to associate with other Neo-Sapiens.
        This wasn't the first time Jack had seen a new symbol over someone's head, but for once he had an idea what it might mean. Fiore had told Jack about his fight with Robor, how he'd used a stand-in made of plant to project himself through to keep himself safe. Jack was fairly certain that's what his new power was trying to tell him - that this was a plant construct Robor was projecting his mind into with his powers.

        "He doesn't," the other 'Matt' said, "I do. Well, more accurately, my employer does. Apparently, he's in the red with a man who sold him an apple."
        That answer told Jack a lot more than Morgana realized. The American knew that Chuck Faust had wanted the Golden Apple that Tallemaja had brought to the school, she'd told him that when he had eaten to keep out of their hands. That meant that Faust was working with Robor and Haboob.

        The tattooed teen found himself wondering for a moment if this plan of his was going to blow up in his face, but quickly pushed the thought out of his mind.

        "So he gets Randy," Jack said, tilting his head in Robor's direction. "Your boss is getting Mario and his brothers, so that means Haboob is getting me. So since I'm here and tied up now, can you let the kid go? "

        Comment


        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

          TOKYO: NIGHTCLUB (Lex and Martin; NPCs: Xun)
          The creature's back brushed the ceiling. It stopped writhing; it's movements slowed, becoming more intentional.

          It was looking right at them.

          "Zeir 'as GOT to be some sort of zresh'old of speed zat ze 'uman body can take, Lex, even being carried in your arms."

          "The threshold is about the speed of a car."

          The beast lunged for the American just as the school picked up the phone: "Hai, kore wa atarashi Binjiketa Akademi-desu."

          Lex concentrated the electricity in the palm of his hand and forced it to become a sword of blazing plasma. He rushed to meet the monster, swinging with all of his might, and tearing off the creature's right forelimb in the process.

          Behind him, Martin hurriedly asked the school to send Jade to them as soon as humanly possible. Hanging up the phone, he forced his uniform to bubble up to the surface of his skin. "Even normal humans aren't eggs. And if you are 'olding someone in zeir Vindicator uniform ze fibers would even furzer support and cushion zem. Likewise, most people's additional weight means your full velocity is not available."

          "Whiplash can happen at low speeds," spat Lex. "Not sure but concussions from acceleration/deceleration could be an issue!"

          The stench of sulfur was strong. For the briefest of moments, Fluxx considered trying to use that, but then his eyes took in the sight of the injury Lex had given the monster. "When we did ze softmore Blitz, you originally offered to carry Tatjana, as 'igh' speeds, into ze middle of ze opposing team." Fluxx reached up the stump and grabbed at their classmate. "What changed between zen and now?"

          "I mean, when I was going to carry Tat I wasn't able to go as fast as a car." Lex watched as the severed limb began to regrow itself as Martin moved to draw Xun out through it. "And I was expecting her to wreck house so it wouldn't matter if I was pretty much done. And she wasn't your girlfriend then. And she was hot. And I was trying to show off.

          "Stop judging me." It was awkward, and he needed to change the subject. "I ever tell you about the time I found a sword in England?"

          Originally posted by Michuru81
          The Order, Round One
          • Lex (29)
          • Fluxx (8)
          • Hellfire Beast (6): Bruised, Staggered, Stunned (Lex, R1)


          Diyu - Toughness - DC 30: 1D20+15 = [5]+15 = 20
          Bruised, stunned, and staggered!

          Martin grapples Xun. The beast will be stunned.

          Lex is up.
          VIENNA: SCHÖNBRUNN ZOO (Jack; NPCs: Fata Morgana and Robor)
          "So he gets Randy," Jack said, tilting his head in Robor's direction, "your boss is getting Mario and his brothers, so that means Haboob is getting me. So since I'm here and tied up now, can you let the kid go?"

          "What kid?" laughed Fata Morgana. "Clear him away, Robor: I need to go back to school."

          As Robor started to pull Jack into the foliage--no doubt to transmit them the way he'd seen Randy do--Fata Morgana headed towards the door...

          VIENNA: SCHÖNBRUNN ZOO (Dennis, Harry, Otso; NPCs: Berger, Ellen)
          "Let me guess," Dennis dryly surmised, "Haboob. Right, do we split up? I can keep on the Matt Squad."

          "I'm not going anywhere," Ellen insisted, keeping her eyes on her boyfriend.

          VIENNA: SCHÖNBRUNN ZOO (Violet; NPCs: Haboob)
          Violet tried to scan the area, but with the sand flying, it was hard to keep her eyes open.

          Originally posted by Michuru81
          Sorry, Shock, everyone in the area has total concealment from all visual senses at the moment.

          Further, Haboob's also got Environmental Control: Distracting, so it's a DC 10 Concentration check to maintain any Concentration or Sustained duration powers, in case that also comes up.

          Initiative! Haboob - Initiative: 1D20+10 = [17]+10 = 27
          Armada Status

          Comment


          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

            Greystone:
            [Jack Rexroth]
            HP: 2
            Location: NVE

            "What kid?" laughed Fata Morgana. "Clear him away, Robor: I need to go back to school."
            Jack frowned at the answer he got, while inside his body changes began unseen.

            As Robor started to pull Jack into the foliage--no doubt to transmit them the way he'd seen Randy do--Fata Morgana headed towards the door..
            "Hey Morgana, do me a favor and pass a message on to Chuck Faust for me?" The American asked with an edge to his voice. "Tell him the Golden Apple tasted like shit." Jack then turned to face Robor as he let his face returned to normal, except for the scales that now covered him from head to toe, and breathed fire at the plant man.


            OOC:
            ______________
            Initiative: _: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 =15.

            Shapeshift Set Up (29/35):
            -Dragon Breath [16 pts]: Fire Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Cone])
            -Dragon Scales: [3 pts] Protection 3
            -Increased Muscle Mass [10 pts]: Enhanced Strength 10

            So that'll be a Reflex DC 18 for Robor. If he makes it that'd be a Toughness DC 19, but should he fail it that'd be a Toughness DC 23.
            Last edited by Tattooedman; 27th April 2016, 12:32 AM.

            Comment


            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

              Imago
              HP: 4

              Dennis, out of concern for safety, hadn't brought the group too close to hear what had been said - but suddenly, to his surprise, Jack shifted back to normal and attempted to roast Robor. Jack to him had always been level-headed, so there had to be a reason. But this was a SNAFU, quick thinking moment.

              And Maze wasn't going to hold back anyway. "Fuck. I'll take Mr. Berger out of here, you help Greystone." Grabbing the businessman, Imago hustled him away. The illusion would cover them and everyone else for the few moments it would take to allow the pair to break sight lines and then Imago could let it lapse in favor of him and the civilian alone.


              OOC
              If needed, Initiative: 1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3
              Impeach the peach!

              Completed Games:
              Crinoverse - Avengers
              Crinoverse - Young Avengers
              Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
              Crinoverse - Time After Time
              Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
              Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
              Extreme Unction

              Comment


              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

                Locus
                VP: 1

                Locus had some sense of what was going on, at least from having the glance at Argus' libraries. World number, okay. ...1961. Well, the whole time travel thing already applied to various members of the Armada. He shouldn't be surprised.

                Carlos leaned into Anansi. "Sixties, huh? Looks like we're going to have to adjust our shopping list, oh sexy boss."


                OOC
                Impeach the peach!

                Completed Games:
                Crinoverse - Avengers
                Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                Crinoverse - Time After Time
                Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                Extreme Unction

                Comment


                • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

                  Violet Lear
                  HP: 2

                  "Double shit."
                  Violet had to cease further complaining due to the need to keep dirt out of her mouth. She couldn't find Haboob and there was no telling what other tricks he might have in store for her.

                  Initiative: 1D20 + 6 = [17]+6 = 23
                  Further action waiting on my turn

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

                    Alex "Current" Murphy
                    HP: 0 (1-1 HP reroll) CND: Fatigued


                    Lex did his best to keep the concern off his face.

                    It had taken a lot more than he'd expected to cut through the giant monster. A part of him was suddenly wishing that there was a better option than running off to find a little girl to do his fighting for him.

                    He grimaced as he watched Martin grab onto the bad guy.

                    "I swear to god, every fight I'm in somebody hugs the bad guy," Lex muttered.

                    Smart money was to back off until Martin was clear. But considering the damage this thing had done without even trying? In a heavily populated area?

                    "Sorry Martin," He mumbled and tried to keep the power contained even tighter as he charged in at the monster again. He brought his arm around to cleave at the monster only for it to shift Xun directly into his path. He swore again, lurching to the side, and swinging his blade across...

                    OOC: Power Attack +5/-5 on one armed demon: 1D20+1=[2]+1=3
                    I will regret this decision. Burning last HP for a reroll
                    HP Reroll on one armed attack: 1D20+1=[19]+1=20
                    Aaand that's a critical. DC35 toughness.

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

                      Ursa
                      HP: 2
                      Cnd: Fine


                      Dennis had to get Mr. Berger out of there, Ellen was focused on helping Jack. Otso sighed, that left one opponent that needed his attention. "I'll go after Haboob." He should be in the eye of the storm, assuming he'd understood how the mercenary's powers worked.

                      Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

                        Anansi
                        HP: 1
                        Condition: Fine


                        "A little yeah, but I'm sure we'll manage close enough. On the other hand I've always been curious what the sixties were like." Carol's hand wandered idly as she leaned close to Locus conspiratorially. But when she addressed the assembled scavengers she snapped up straight, her voice changing from sultry tones to something akin to a drill sergeant.

                        "Alright, listen up people! We may have wound up in the sixties but that doesn't change our mission. Soon as the people up top give the go ahead we head out and spread out. They won't hear us coming thanks to the ship's effect, make sure they don't see you coming either. You've all got your lists, once you're done with that you're off the leash. Just be back here when we're ready to shift out, if I have to drag you back I will make you regret it."
                        Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

                          Greystone:
                          [Jack Rexroth]
                          HP: 2
                          Location: Pandora

                          When Anansi began talking Jack looked around at the other scavengers, they were something of a motely looking crew but he knew they'd do what they were told, given that he was in the past it was a sure thing. He glanced down at the list in his hand, it had a few specific items written on it (everyone's list was different for the most part - just a way to ensure all the extras the crew wanted were gotten) that he was to look for.

                          At this point he didn't even want a smoke as it had been months since he'd had one, but some of the others wanted to pick up the habit now that they had the chance. A fleeting thought had Jack wondering that once he rejoined his prime would he stop smoking, which brought an amused grin to the tattooed teens face as Ellen had hinted she'd like him to quit.

                          It was Anansi's comment about the scavengers having free reign once they'd gathered their assigned items that bothered him. Some of these people's idea of a good time got them tossed in Pandora, he'd have to keep an eye on them.

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

                            Fluxx

                            Fluxx pulled the unconscious teen for all he was worth.

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

                              Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
                              CIENFUEGOS, CUBA (Ganze; NPCs: Nightrider)
                              The Elpis had shifted and the alarm signaled that it was time for the mining crew to deploy.

                              Nightrider piloted the ship. Bruce Jespersen was a guarded man who hadn't revealed much in the months they'd spent on Pandora. Still, there were facets of his prior life that he couldn't hide: everyone's biology tattled on them. Some dead skin cells here; some blood tested when she healed their wounds there... Ganze knew who Bruce's daughter was, just as she knew who his three grandchildren were...

                              Bruce piloted the cylindrical ship to the coastline. Here, they found abandoned towels, umbrellas, beach chairs... Looking up the shore, they could make out the shapes of retreating beach-goers. Their invasion had just interrupted everyone's relaxation.

                              The deafening hum the Elpis produced kept them from hearing each other. Still, they didn't need any words: they set about to setting up the instruments that would siphon the planet's stoicheion.
                              So, each team has their own mining equipment? Do we have grey men to help us?
                              Ganze listened to the Herzog's orders is he gave any and oversaw the installation of the device. Her brief time connected to the Grey Hive Mind gave her insight to the macjhine's operations.

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

                                CIENFUEGOS, CUBA (Ganze; NPCs: Nightrider)
                                The greys gestured to the device. A stubby cylinder was tipped with meter long prongs, like an enormous fork. The opposite end had thick, long cables that ran from the instrument to the alien plug at the end.

                                At their direction, Ganze and Nightrider stood it up on the ground. The alien creatures pointed to two flat handles that jutted from the sides. "Step," they both heard in their minds.

                                Nightrider stepped on it and used his leg to drive the prongs into the ground. The other alien was taking the plug into the ship. It opened a panel and plugged it into the wall beside a screen. It pointed at the screen and Ganze guessed that they could not use the touch panels themselves--their slender fingers were moist and sticky, like a frog's skin; they would likely drag across the screen, rather than glide.

                                Originally posted by Michuru81
                                I wasn't planning it, but it makes sense for there to be a pair of greys along to show how to do this.
                                CUBA (Greystone)
                                The scavengers' ships were small, with just a single seat in the cockpit. There was a hatch behind him leading into the hull. One of the greys was there, telepathically showing him how to fly the craft.

                                CUBA (Anansi and Locus)
                                The greys were teaching the others how to fly the ships, but Locus had no need to learn to pilot them--not when he could go wherever he wanted with only a thought.

                                TOKYO: NIGHTCLUB (Lex and Martin; NPCs: Xun)
                                Lex tore open the arm more, and Martin drew their unconscious classmate out from within. As he did, they watched as the flames pouring from Xun's eyes moved to create another armor around him.

                                VIENNA: SCHÖNBRUNN ZOO (Jack; NPCs: Fata Morgana and Robor)
                                "Hey, Morgana, do me a favor and pass a message on to Chuck Faust for me?"

                                The illusionist paused. No doubt, it perplexed her how Matt Meyers knew who she served.

                                "Tell him the Golden Apple tasted like shit."

                                Before either could react, Jack shifted forms and breathed flames into Robor's face. Maybe it was the surprise; maybe it was that Robor held him mere feet from him; the man took the full brunt of Jack's onslaught and more so. As the wooden man caught fire, his body began to crumble into ash.

                                Fata Morgana shook free of her confusion and swept her hands up to begin casting another spell. Before she could bring them down, a flaming rapier shattered out of her chest. The illusionist collapsed, and the spectral blade passed through her body, revealing Ellen standing behind her. "Manky bint."

                                Originally posted by Michuru81
                                Given the surprise of it, I won't be letting Robor roll a saving throw to halve the damage. Robor - Toughness - DC 31: 1D20+15 = [8]+15 = 23
                                As this is a non-heroic minion, it goes poof.

                                Let's get initiatives from everyone.

                                Robor - Initiative: 1D20 = [17] = 17

                                Fata Morgana - Initiative: 1D20 = [18] = 18

                                Maze - Initiative: 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23

                                Blue Knight - Initiative: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7


                                The Order
                                • Maze (23)
                                • Fata Morgana (18): Bruised, staggered, stunned, unconscious (R1)
                                • Robor (17)
                                • Greystone (15)
                                • Blue Knight (7)


                                Maze - Attack - Power Attack 2: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24
                                & Fata Morgana - Toughness - DC 25: 1D20 = [10] = 10
                                Down.
                                VIENNA: SCHÖNBRUNN ZOO (Dennis, Harry, Otso; NPCs: Berger, Ellen)
                                "Let me guess," Dennis dryly surmised, "Haboob. Right, do we split up? I can keep on the Matt Squad."

                                "I'm not going anywhere," Ellen insisted, keeping her eyes on her boyfriend.

                                Otso ran towards the wall of sand. "I'll go after Haboob."

                                As he left, Jack breathed flames on Robor. Without waiting another moment, Maze charged into the fray. "Fuck," spat Imago. "I'll take Mr. Berger out of here." He looked to Blue Knight. "You help Greystone."

                                Grabbing the man's wrist, Imago started to head off away, only for the Welsh teen to call after him. Imago looked back, only to see Robor reduced to cinders and the illusionist crumbled at Maze's feet.

                                VIENNA: SCHÖNBRUNN ZOO (Violet; NPCs: Haboob)
                                She couldn't see, but she could hear: from deeper into the sandstorm there was a sound like a thunderclap. A moment later she felt the bullet hit.

                                Originally posted by Michuru81
                                The Order
                                • Haboob (27)
                                • Shiver (23)


                                Haboob - Attack: 1D20+12 = [13]+12 = 25
                                - DC 20 Toughness, Shock.

                                I'm bringing you in next round, McGuffin.
                                Armada Status

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X