Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

Martin

Martin's eyes widened as he heard Lex's question.

"Lex, by naming Mahdy, you just gave Xun a new target on which to vent 'is anger. Mahdy seems to be a complicit drug dealer and Yakuza stooge now, but we do not know 'is side of ze story."

Martin still maintained hope that his classmate was being coerced or blackmailed into service. But, had that been the criminals's modus operandi then they would have pressed Xun into service using the leverage of his lady love. Martin was still unsure.

Comment

ELPIS
      "It sounds as though we're settled, then. Carol, I want you to take charge over the scavengers. Direct them; keep track of our stores and make sure we get what we need. Most importantly, I want you to keep tabs on your crew. I'm not going to give the order to jump from one world to another without making sure all of our people are back aboard the Elpis.

"Kasamir will lead the mining team. Same thing: I don't want to leave anyone behind."

The herzog replied with only the slightest inclining of his head.

"Jeanette, you'll be in charge of the guard. Figure out where we're most vulnerable and start assigning people with battle stations. If the fight ever comes to the Elpis, we have to be read to defend it.

"The Adversary will take the helm over the logistics crew.

"Unless there are no other questions, let's take this thing for a test drive..."

As the admiral made his way to the bridge, Ganze fell in beside him. "What was it you wanted to talk to me about?" he asked.

TOKYO: NIGHTCLUB (Lex; NPCs: Xun)
      Lex shook his head as he followed Xun down the hellfire stairs. "You'd have to kill everybody who knew about her and make sure nobody saw anything, because I bet you they're far more willing to ignore a missing girl over a few dozen dead gang members."

"You don't understand the yakuza: taking anything from them would be an insult to their honour. If the word got out, what would stop others from doing the same? They have an image to maintain."

"A missing girl wouldn't be worth too much effort. A guy who kills that many of their gang they'd pull out the stops to kill."

Xun was already shaking his head when Lex had another thought: "Huh... this might work. These guys might chase after a girl who disappears, but what if they think she's dead? They'd just walk away, right?"

It was enough to give Xun pause. "Perhaps. What are you thinking?"

Before Lex could offer anything more, he swore. "He did what?"

A puzzled expression came over the Chinese youth's face.

"Xun, please tell me that Mahdy is working with you."

"Why would you think that?" Xun asked.

As Lex explained what Martin had found, Xun growled. He raced down the stairs; once he was at the street, Lex had only a moment before the stairs vanished and a pair of spectral hook swords flared in the half-demon's hands. Xun roared as he shoved his way through the club's entrance, making his way to where he had last seen his love.

He joined Martin outside of her room. "Hanako?" he called, scanning the room. He turned and stormed back into the hall, looking into each room in turn. "Hanako? Hanako?"

When he failed to find her, the boy in the black chang quan began to flail around with his soul weapons--slashing at the walls and snarling madly. "I'm going back to the school," he hissed. "I am going to find Mahdy and I am going to מַשׁחֶתֶת." Xun's weapons dissipated as he grabbed his head. "GET OUT OF HERE!" he roared as he dropped to his knees. "GET JADE!"

VIENNA: SCHÖNBRUNN ZOO (Jack; NPCs: Morgana)
      Jack began to walk backwards, looking over Morgana. Gone were the symbols he'd come to associate with super-powered beings: there were no burning eyes or golden apples--nothing to indicate that this woman was anything more than a normal human being.

Then again, he realized, if what he was seeing was an illusion, didn't it stand to reason that she could deceive his special sight as well as his normal vision?

Now that he looked at her--really looked at her--he realized how suspiciously mundane her aura was. That she wasn't hurt wasn't so abnormal, but that she was displaying no emotion struck him as odd. There was nothing there. No anxiety that might have come with an adrenaline surge; no fear that this operation might go south. Gone was any trace that she was excited or angry. She was just... calm.

"You like what you see?" she asked, smirking at the boy who was walking backwards, so as to keep an eye on her. She reached up and tugged at her neckline, teasing him with cleavage Dennis suggested was faker than most women's. "Open the door, Matt."

Originally posted by Michuru81
      I'm just operating under the presumption that the others are just following. EO, as Jack goes for the door, you'll see him miming opening a door. The employees only area is also an illusion. TM, as Jack will be interacting with this one, Will DC 20.
      VIENNA: ZUR ALTEN KAISERMÜHLE (Violet; NPCs: Kowalski)
      Otso's father spoke slowly. "I told you: I stopped a mugging. Otso is at the zoo. Be a dear and go tell him I'll be late."
      Armada Status

Comment

Imago
        HP: 4

There's no door. Dennis warned Jack with another sound illusion message, and explained this verbally to the companions with him. "This fake employee's area and everything else. She's trying to control how they're seeming to leave. Something's up."

OOC
        Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
        Crinoverse - Avengers
        Crinoverse - Young Avengers
        Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
        Crinoverse - Time After Time
        Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
        Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
        Extreme Unction

Comment

Violet Lear
          HP: 1

Violet still didn't understand what was going on but she knew how to take a hint. "Right. We'll call you when it's sorted out." She took off towards the zoo as fast as a speed skater could manage.

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
            TOKYO: NIGHTCLUB (Lex; NPCs: Xun)
            Lex shook his head as he followed Xun down the hellfire stairs. "You'd have to kill everybody who knew about her and make sure nobody saw anything, because I bet you they're far more willing to ignore a missing girl over a few dozen dead gang members."

"You don't understand the yakuza: taking anything from them would be an insult to their honour. If the word got out, what would stop others from doing the same? They have an image to maintain."

"A missing girl wouldn't be worth too much effort. A guy who kills that many of their gang they'd pull out the stops to kill."

Xun was already shaking his head when Lex had another thought: "Huh... this might work. These guys might chase after a girl who disappears, but what if they think she's dead? They'd just walk away, right?"

It was enough to give Xun pause. "Perhaps. What are you thinking?"

Before Lex could offer anything more, he swore. "He did what?"

A puzzled expression came over the Chinese youth's face.

"Xun, please tell me that Mahdy is working with you."

"Why would you think that?" Xun asked.

As Lex explained what Martin had found, Xun growled. He raced down the stairs; once he was at the street, Lex had only a moment before the stairs vanished and a pair of spectral hook swords flared in the half-demon's hands. Xun roared as he shoved his way through the club's entrance, making his way to where he had last seen his love.

He joined Martin outside of her room. "Hanako?" he called, scanning the room. He turned and stormed back into the hall, looking into each room in turn. "Hanako? Hanako?"

When he failed to find her, the boy in the black chang quan began to flail around with his soul weapons--slashing at the walls and snarling madly. "I'm going back to the school," he hissed. "I am going to find Mahdy and I am going to מַשׁחֶתֶת." Xun's weapons dissipated as he grabbed his head. "GET OUT OF HERE!" he roared as he dropped to his knees. "GET JADE!"

Martin hadn't been there when Ellen lost control but he'd heard about it and researched the incident. No one rumor was privy to all the information but the whole of them combined told Martin were that it was another colored flame-wielder - the classification of Neo's, like Harry, who's eyes lit up with a mono-chromatic flame, who typically has a matching weapon, and some other, unique ability - that was needed to... 'cut a hole in the beast to get Ellen out'. Descriptions of Ellen's yellow fiery beast form had been varied, but Martin had a sinking suspicion he was about to see one up close.

"Lex," he spoke into his comm "You need to get some one named 'Jade' at top speed; she might be a student at the school, but I don't recall anyone of zat name. But we need someone like Ellen or 'Arry, a fiery weapon-wielder 'oo's eyes light up wiz ze color of zeir power." Martin looks at the struggling teen. "Xun, XUN, where is 'Jade'? Where can we get 'elp?"

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
              HP: 2 CND: Normal

Xun freaking out made sense.

Xun falling down and screaming while holding his head was weird. The odd requests only confused him more.

Who was Jade, and why was now the best time to wander around looking for them?

At least Martin's request was easy enough to respond to. He made his eyes glow and extended a 'blade' of hot plasma from his hand.

"Only other people I know who can do that are across the world, and I don't know any Jade either," Lex looked at Xun, then at Martin, "What the hell is going on? Did I miss something?"

He couldn't figure out what they were going on about, especially when finding this Hanako should have been the priority.

Comment

Martin pursed his lips. "I... zink it needs to be fire. If you are wrong about your 'weapon' we are looking at much possible destruction." Martin shrugs. It WAS a Yakuza building afterall, would it be *terrible* if it took damage? He shook his head, "But I do not know for certain."

"Did you 'ear about an incident at NVAE not too long ago? Wiz Ellen? I zink it ees...."
                Martin shook his head. "I don't know what it ees, but it seems to be a condition of ze classification of Neos zat manifest colored flames, surely you've noticed zem? Even in ze Vindicator case files? Zere's almost always a weapon of flames, not a normal color of fire eizer." He waves it away at any hesitation or incomprehension. "Wiz Ellen it was a beast-shaped shell of flames of ze color she wields - yellow. Ellen was trapped inside, unconscious, and 'ad to be cut out by a flame weapon wielder - one of our instructors."

"Xun, we need to know more about Jade."

Comment

Greystone:
                  [Jack Rexroth]

Jack began to walk backwards, looking over Morgana. Gone were the symbols he'd come to associate with super-powered beings: there were no burning eyes or golden apples--nothing to indicate that this woman was anything more than a normal human being.

Then again, he realized, if what he was seeing was an illusion, didn't it stand to reason that she could deceive his special sight as well as his normal vision?

Now that he looked at her--really looked at her--he realized how suspiciously mundane her aura was. That she wasn't hurt wasn't so abnormal, but that she was displaying no emotion struck him as odd. There was nothing there. No anxiety that might have come with an adrenaline surge; no fear that this operation might go south. Gone was any trace that she was excited or angry. She was just... calm.

"You like what you see?" she asked, smirking at the boy who was walking backwards, so as to keep an eye on her. She reached up and tugged at her neckline, teasing him with cleavage Dennis suggested was faker than most women's. "Open the door, Matt."
                  Jack, not-Matt just shrugged. "I've seen better, but honestly I don't trust you." He answered in a matter of fact tone. Dennis told him that Morgana was disguising herself, so she probably enjoyed the attention she got from her "looks". Downplaying it might throw her off and give him and the others a bit of an edge.

When he grabbed hold of doorknob Jack felt the wrongness of it. More to the point he felt the fact that there was nothing in his hand, it was another illusion. Damn illusionists. He thought to himself as he gritted his teeth. "So how did you hook up with Haboob? You can't tell me you two run in the same circles." He asked Morgana as he went through the door.

OOC:

Comment

ELPIS
                    "It sounds as though we're settled, then. Carol, I want you to take charge over the scavengers. Direct them; keep track of our stores and make sure we get what we need. Most importantly, I want you to keep tabs on your crew. I'm not going to give the order to jump from one world to another without making sure all of our people are back aboard the Elpis.

"Kasamir will lead the mining team. Same thing: I don't want to leave anyone behind."

The herzog replied with only the slightest inclining of his head.

"Jeanette, you'll be in charge of the guard. Figure out where we're most vulnerable and start assigning people with battle stations. If the fight ever comes to the Elpis, we have to be read to defend it.

"The Adversary will take the helm over the logistics crew.

"Unless there are no other questions, let's take this thing for a test drive..."

As the admiral made his way to the bridge, Ganze fell in beside him. "What was it you wanted to talk to me about?" he asked.
                    Jeannette had volunteered for the Harvester Guard, but if the Admiral felt she'd be of best use up here at ship who was she to argue? Or perhaps she had been unclear? It was of no matter.

"Admiral," her voice was low, "How much do you trust Argus?"

Comment

Anansi
                      Condition: Fine

Carol nodded to curtly and professionally to Chen Lei and then in stark contrast she spun around, placing the tip of her index finger playfully on Locus's lips. "You hear that? You better keep your boss happy lover. Now come on, we need to ready the troops." She turns to lead the way to the other scavengers to organize them for their future forays.
                      Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

ELPIS

"Admiral," she said, keeping her voice low, "how much do you trust Argus?"

"Not much, but I don't believe there is another option."

When you said harvest guard, I assumed you meant guard. So, with the mining groups?
                        TOKYO: NIGHTCLUB (Lex and Martin; NPCs: Xun)
                        "Only other people I know who can do that are across the world, and I don't know any Jade either."

Xun was curled in the fetal position, cradling his head. "She... Underclass...

"You have to get away."

It was the last thing he said before he was baptized in black flames. Xun was curled up, lying in the immolation. He was screaming, but so was something else...

The flames were spreading out and beginning to coalesce into a shell--an exo-skeleton. The two teens watched as it started to form arms and legs. A head and a tail were beginning to bloom.

Martin hurriedly told Lex to return to the school, seeking out Jade Lianzhi, one of the freshman. Not only was she Xun's countryman, but she was another Nephilim, albeit with green flames.

Sorry for hijacking the dialogue a smidge. This wouldn't have happened if the forums would have let me long ago put my notes for the NVAA into the setting section, but there is a Nephilim among the freshmen class here--Jade Lianzhi. Given how Martin is, I think it's safe to say he'd know about her.
                        VIENNA: SCHÖNBRUNN ZOO (Jack; NPCs: Morgana and Robor)
                        The door closed behind them. If he concentrated, he could still see it: a faint mirage superimposed over the area.

The plants nearby began to stir. A middle aged man knitted out of grass and leaves stepped out, smiling at Jack. "'Allo, Matt," he said, his Irish brogue coming through. "You'll be comin' with me, boyo."

"Fussile gised." Morgana stepped out from beside Jack, now disguised as Matt Meyers. "And I'll be going back to the school in your place."

Robor stretched out his arm and vines began to snake outwards from him, reaching for Jack.

VIENNA: SCHÖNBRUNN ZOO (Dennis, Harry, Otso; NPCs: Berger and Ellen)
                        Dennis watched as a plant-man stepped out of the ground. He was talking to Jack while the woman began moving her hands through the air. It was something he'd seen before: the Aurelius back in his home dimension did it every time he cast a spell. Whatever she did, Dennis didn't see anything--nothing except the other man reaching out with some vines to Jack...

Anyone can roll to see through the illusion now. DC 20 Will.
                        VIENNA: SCHÖNBRUNN ZOO (Violet; NPCs: Haboob)
                        Racing to catch the others, Violet arrived at the zoo. Almost as soon as she did, a sandstorm kicked up.
                        Armada Status

Comment

ELPIS

"Admiral," she said, keeping her voice low, "how much do you trust Argus?"

"Not much, but I don't believe there is another option."
                          I'm good either way, really. Ganze isn't a tactician so it wouldn't make sense to have her in charge of a fighting unit. But she's good at breaking/infiltration so in a main role of the Elpis guard could be believable. But that's why she was suggesting a portal-creator moving to scavenging to clear space in a 'pair'. Whatever you'd like to do. Ganze thought a healer for the mining guards might make it less of a 'suicide mission'.

"Zen it vill be of little surprise zat ze robot can lie? It zas he zat created ze Grey Men, genetically engineered. His end goal seems to be ze eradication of life. I accessed Grey Man brains and tapped into zeir Hive Mind. I saw zeir genesis and vas quickly overvhelmed viz data."

Ganze monitors the Admiral's emotional reactions.

Comment

Imago
                            HP: 4

Dennis looked to the others quickly. "We've got a plant-man coming for Jack, and that woman is casting a spell, but I don't see what she did."

OOC
                            Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                            Crinoverse - Avengers
                            Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                            Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                            Crinoverse - Time After Time
                            Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                            Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                            Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
                              [Jack Rexroth]
                              HP: 2

The door closed behind them. If he concentrated, he could still see it: a faint mirage superimposed over the area.

The plants nearby began to stir. A middle aged man knitted out of grass and leaves stepped out, smiling at Jack. "'Allo, Matt," he said, his Irish brogue coming through. "You'll be comin' with me, boyo."

"Fussile gised." Morgana stepped out from beside Jack, now disguised as Matt Meyers. "And I'll be going back to the school in your place."

Robor stretched out his arm and vines began to snake outwards from him, reaching for Jack.
                              Jack-not-Matt frowned. They'd been right: Robor was working with Haboob so the older Irish man could get to Randy, and now they wanted to put Jack-not-Matt who the hell knows where while Morgana, who apparently was a mage, impersonated Matt at the school. Jack wanted to stop this now but if he did how would they get the little girl back? Haboob probably had her tied up somewhere until he got his hands on Matt. To the American left only once choice: continue to play along. As much as he wanted to tear into these two he couldn't see a way to get the girl back to her father if he did that, so he had to let Robor take him.

So when the vines came towards him Jack-not-Matt pulled back a bit from them, fighting every instinct screaming in his head to fight, hoping that Dennis and the others would deal with Morgana before she got to the school. Though he did make it a point to try and gain something out of this face time with Robor. "Why me?"

Comment

ELPIS
                                "Zen it vill be of little surprise zat ze robot can lie? It zas he zat created ze Grey Men, genetically engineered. His end goal seems to be ze eradication of life. I accessed Grey Man brains and tapped into zeir Hive Mind. I saw zeir genesis and vas quickly overvhelmed viz data."

The man hardly seemed surprised by this revelation. "He informed me of as much. He then told me that if this was not something I could accept, he would allow me to be let off of this ship, and he would find someone who was.

"He also told me that when the Elpis leaves this world, it will kill it. As I said: we have no choice in the matter. We can go along with his plan... or we can lie down and die."

VIENNA: SCHÖNBRUNN ZOO (Jack; NPCs: Fata Morgana and Robor)
                                "Why me?"

"We needed a Trojan horse," Robor explained as the vines encircled Jack, "someone t'get us past your school's magical protections, so we can get my son and the Tharivol boys. Fata Morgana's illusions are impressive, but they can't fully emulate your classmates' powers. If Matt Meyers doesn't use his powers willy-nilly, though? Who'd question it?"
                                Armada Status

Comment

Working...
                                X