Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

Greystone:
    [Jack Rexroth]
    HP: 1

"All right," his father said as Argus left, "what's the first move?"

"I need to get near some of this alien technology," Erudite said. "Maybe once I figure out how it works, I can figure out how to make it not."

Confectionery frowned. "But these creatures... Argus said they tend to it all. They obviously have some skill with repair and fabrication. Even if we could disable it, how do we keep it that way?"
    Jack shook his head. "We don't." He said curtly. "We start messing with the ship like that then Argus and his new buddies start looking for the person responsible, something we don't need to deal with. That's not to say you shouldn't learn everything you can about it, that might come in handy later on. But we should just focus on learning everything possible about Argus and his mission, and those that are throwing in with him."

Comment

Martin

Originally posted by Arkrite View Post
      "I, uh, left my phone at the school," Lex said rubbing the back of his neck. He had been so sure this was an assassination attempt by Alice.
      The French teen looks over Lex's attire comparing it to the snapshot of him earlier. "You can go to school to pick up a 'ole new outfit and fake mustache, but your cellphone is out of your bailiwick? Seriously, Lex?"

He hesitates then says, "Do you want to try talking to Xun, try to catch up to me while I follow these guys?"
      "You should not go after zese guys alone, and ze odds of zem meeting up wiz our school's dealer zis night are remarkably low. But I bet you are going to say 'Never tell me ze odds' or somezing equally Bruce Willis-y, and go after zem anyway. And since zey might lead you out of comm range, in addition to my cellphone which you'll need to record zem, here... take my ear." he says reaching up and peeling off the aforementioned appendage. He tucks it into Lex's front shirt pocket even as he covers over the blank area with superfluous mass.

"I will find Gaspar, and tell him what we found, and zen 'e and I will find Xun and tell 'im not to do anyzing ill-advised."

Comment

Greystone:
        [Jack Rexroth]

"I'm coming." Dennis agreed happily on the other end. Yes, he had felt better enough to handle a couple classes, but some proactive stuff like this to remind him he could and would handle these superpowered affairs without coming near to mortal harm sounded excellent.

"Want me to be in place at the Zoo in disguise or link up ahead of the meet?"
        "Before the zoo. I'll text you an address once we're out of here." Jack answered as he started gathering up the others to clear out as well. As they headed out he questioned Mr. Kowalski. "Any idea why Haboob would want Jonas?"

After the group travelled several blocks Jack took stock of where they were and guided the group down an alley, then texted directions to Dennis so he could catch up.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
          HP: 2 CND: Normal

The French teen looks over Lex's attire comparing it to the snapshot of him earlier. "You can go to school to pick up a 'ole new outfit and fake mustache, but your cellphone is out of your bailiwick? Seriously, Lex?"
          "Oh sure, I can run and grab it, but I'd lose track of the yakuza thug I want to follow," Lex shrugs, "Right now I'm keeping track of a phone, which looks an awful lot like a whole lot of other phones. Like trying to keep tabs on a guy you just met in a giant crowd. You can do it if you keep an eye on him, but picking them out of a crowd after looking away for a minute or two?"

"Only reason I was willing to go get the Bugs getup was because finding Xun isn't so hard 'cause he's around so much I've had time to recognize his phone,"
          Lex pauses then adds, "And I was pretty sure he was going to be around long enough for me to find him again."

"You should not go after zese guys alone, and ze odds of zem meeting up wiz our school's dealer zis night are remarkably low. But I bet you are going to say 'Never tell me ze odds' or somezing equally Bruce Willis-y, and go after zem anyway."
          "Hey," Lex says with a wink and a fairly unreassuring smile, "It's me."

The truth was he wasn't really planning on attacking anybody unless he was forced at this point, but finding the drug dealer on the school and tracking down these guys for a future run in was too important to pass up.

"And since zey might lead you out of comm range, in addition to my cellphone which you'll need to record zem, here... take my ear."
          Lex gives Martin an incredulous look, then glances at the ear in his pocket, then back at the frenchman, then shakes his head, "Just when I think I've seen everything."

"I will find Gaspar, and tell him what we found, and zen 'e and I will find Xun and tell 'im not to do anyzing ill-advised."
          "I'd worry about Xun first. Gaspar's looking for him anyways, so maybe two birds one stone," He considers looking around to try to find Gaspar, but decides to keep his attention on the Yakuza beautician, "Xun managed to ditch him a little while ago, and I don't think those thugs give two @*$#s about the rest of the student body."

Comment

Martin considers Lex's words and nods. Xun WAS the more important.

"I'll go find Xun first." Martin agrees.

"I won't automatically know where my ear is, so if you could keep a whispered running commentary on your location it would be most 'elpful. Good luck."

With that, he'll adopt a random Japanese person's disguise and try to Track Xun.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy

"Man pulls off his ear and stuffs it in my pocket like it's nothing,"
              Lex says watching Martin walk away, "But it's him telling me not to shut up that's weirding me out."

He snorted,
              "I got issues."

The plan was easy enough. Stick to the rooftops and follow them as best as he could. Most people rarely looked up to being with, add in rain and the night, he was halfway confident that he might be able to pull it off without drawing too much attention.

Comment

Martin's ear twitches in Lex's pocket in acknowledgement that he heard the American's rant.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex barely manages to bite back a girlish shriek when the ear moves under it's own power.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnarrel View Post
                    Ganze

She inclines her head. "Of Course, Ze Adversary."

"Ze Grey Men are telepasic, by ze vay. Unt do not seem to be bosered by language. I vould very much be curious as to zeir bio-chemical unt anatomical structures."
                    she muses.
                    The Adversary

As usual Jason's face remained relatively expressionless even as his mind raced through several options. His body simply couldn't keep up with his brain-the average person thought three times as many words in the same space as they could speak one, but for Jason it was a far larger difference. He either looked oddly serene or else his face twitched through micro-expressions.

"Dissection, perhaps? Or even vivisection if we need to keep one alive. I doubt Argus would mind overmuch."
                    [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Anansi
                      Condition: Fine

Originally posted by Enigmatic One View Post
                      "Doubt it. He did set up clear fridge and farm rooms, and this isn't any of them." Locus looked at the wrinkled things and shuddered slightly. "Whatever this is, it's not pretty."
                      Carol glanced over her shoulder at Locus. "Damn straight, there are a lot more prettier things around here." As she spoke, she continued to circle and prod and poke at whatever the thing was, obviously curious to find out what they'd stumbled upon.
                      Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
                        Cnd: Fine

Otso pondered Blue Knight's theory. "I think you're onto something. A concealed sniper would be bad enough in a public place with lots of innocent bystanders, but someone who can effect their surroundings like Haboob? That'd mean big trouble."

After Jack had guided Dennis to them and briefed the Swiss teen on the situation, Otso approached him. "How's your control over your illusions? How many separate moving parts, things like that?"
                        Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Eld View Post
                          The Adversary

As usual Jason's face remained relatively expressionless even as his mind raced through several options. His body simply couldn't keep up with his brain-the average person thought three times as many words in the same space as they could speak one, but for Jason it was a far larger difference. He either looked oddly serene or else his face twitched through micro-expressions.

"Dissection, perhaps? Or even vivisection if we need to keep one alive. I doubt Argus would mind overmuch."
                          Ganze considered. "Let's see vhat we can learn from zeir technology unt be on ze lookout for a place to recreate ze 'Alien Autopsies' program."

"I vould need to learn a lot more about zeir physio-taxonamy before I could be confident to keep vone alife zroughout ze process."

Ganze had learned long ago that the emotion pheromones that Mastermind or The Adversary, or any of the Lamperouge types gave off were hard to discern unless it was a sustained, consistent emotion. It really made shock tactics frustratingly less effective on them.

Comment

Imago
                            HP: 4

"Let me put it this way. I'm planning on putting on a one-man Gilbert and Sullivan production for the school. In other words, plenty of control and moving parts. Up to a 50 feet maximum radius. And I can choose who sees, or doesn't see my illusions."

OOC
                            Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                            Crinoverse - Avengers
                            Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                            Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                            Crinoverse - Time After Time
                            Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                            Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                            Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
                              [Jack Rexroth]

"So complex isn't a problem, but do you have to know where people you want to effect are at?"

Comment

Imago
                                HP: 4

"Sort of. Change my appearance, and everyone will see it. For general area illusions, I could exempt you guys from seeing it. But if I don't know where your sniper, or this Haboob is, I can't target them specifically so that only they see it."

OOC
                                Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                                Crinoverse - Avengers
                                Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                                Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                                Crinoverse - Time After Time
                                Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                                Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                                Extreme Unction

Comment

Working...