Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
    PANDORA (Adversary, Anansi, Ganze, Locus; NPCs: Chen Lei)
    "I'm curious as to why an Admiral, one who seems fairly by the book, would be condemned to a place like this. Surely the Chinese wouldn't want to waste such a valuable resource?"

"The Chinese weren't the ones who did this," Chen Lei said. "My fleet was in the Pacific, coming towards the Sea of Okhotsk. We'd been out too long, and we were running low on food, medical supplies, munitions... The Russians were going to replenish our stores before we ran back out. Next thing you know, it's raining black and white: the Vindicators hit us full force. They must have sent in every single unit.

"My men and I took a few down with us, but ultimately... they brought me in. I don't know why they didn't kill me. They took me back to that tower of theirs, told me that I was guilty of crimes against the U.A. They told me I was going to be sentenced to Pandora. The Aurelius came forward, cast some spell on me, and the next thing I know, I'm here."

Suddenly, a lithe woman was draping herself over the Adversary. "So, what's the big plan here, chief?"

The faintest of smiles touched the admiral's face. "Carolien," he said, "it's good to see that you survived." He stepped forward and pulled the woman into a hug. "Back in our home world, this woman was a mercenary known as Anansi."
    Jeanette was fascinated. She'd tried transmutation, she'd tried dis-assembly at the atomic level, nothing. She would worry it was a condition of her reduced capacity if even the smallest portion defied her powers.

"Ze molecules of your construct defy direkt manipulation." Ganze reports. "'Ave you ever 'ad someone moof zem or break zem? Do zey displace matter from ze surface you create zem from or are zey formed from it? Can you create zem from a metal surface unt from a lake?"

When she realized there was a newcomer she was a little abashed at her scientific 'geeking out' but concealed it with German pride and formality. Standing erect she greeted the nimble newcomer with a nod.

"Anansi, African trickster figure of folk zat takes ze form of a spider? I vill guess enhanced strength and nimbleness. Ability to stick to walls and some mechanism, natural or created, to bind foes. Am I right?"

Tired. He didn't know how tired it would make him. Not enough cells to affect direct change. Cerebral processing takes up more energy than simple structural or even muscular cells. Mart knew Jack would be hungry soon. The cells needed rest.
    Last edited by flynnarrel; 29th February 2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Violet Lear
      HP: 1

"All right."
      Violet looked at Rose and shrugged. Harry didn't seem exactly opposed to the idea. So she grabbed her notes and chased after Lexus.

Not that she was really interested in research at the moment.
      "Lemme know what books you use so I won't waste time on the same ones. I'll catch up with you later." Then she was off to kill some time before 2nd period. Texts were sent off to Eve and Jakob, both of whom had been sadly missing from her life recently.

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
        Cnd: Fine

Otso looked at the stranger in confusion, his eyes widening when he saw the headset. He fought the urge to transform then and there in public, but he did grab a hold of the man. "Who sent you?1 What do you want?"
        Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
          HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex looks up at Gaspar.

"That ain't the way I remember it," Lex says quietly. He was one of the few people who'd been willing to believe that Gaspar hadn't slept with Sarah.

"Both us already said we'd help, so why you so mad?"

Comment

Anansi
            Condition: Fine

"Aw, it's good to see you too, ya big softy." Her light tone might have seem joking but the affection was genuine as she hugged the older man.

Originally posted by Enigmatic One View Post
            "Wait - so your world's left the Cold War and went into World War 3?" Locus was surprised. "What a place to live in."
            "I know, right? Can you imagine the battle's we fought? What an age to be alive in." Carol gave Ganze an extravagant bow. "Got it in one Frau Doktor."
            Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Greystone:
              [Jack Rexroth]

Suddenly, he was looking around for someone, leaving his father and the man's cohorts baffled. "Talk to me, Jack. Tell me what's going on?"

"This is Jack?" Tabitha asked. There was a broad grin on her face as she moved to hug the teen. "Would that we could have met in a happier place. My name is Tabitha. Your father and I-"
              Jack pulled back when his step-mother moved closer to him. "Lady, I don't care who you are. The only person I hug is my girlfriend."

"He knows, Tabitha." Confectionery sighed. "As I was saying, you've missed a lot... You were possessed by--by a monster. A psychic entity. Lacuna. It used you for your powers. Gathered a small army of Neo-Sapiens under you and called them Laputa."

Dale held his wife as Confectionery summarized Laputa's actions. "And that's what we're doing here," Dale said. "I pleaded with them--tried to tell them that you were innocent. Apparently, 'I was being mind controlled' is becoming a frequently used defense."

"It doesn't matter," Tabitha said, "so long as I am with you." Her expression soured ever so slightly. "I just wish I could see Jay and Liz again."
              It took Jack some effort to keep his mouth closed as he listened to a very cleaned version of Laputa's history, one that didn't tell Tabitha Lamperogue that he daughter used her as a pawn for her own goals only to be killed by an unknown assassin once she was defeated. While Confectionery finished Jack looked around and saw that there were other small groups gathering, the prisoners of Pandora getting to know one another, so they didn't look out of place and the voices of so many people talking at once would mask what as being said within each group.

"Alright, now that everyone is caught up." Jack said once Confectionery was done. "I'm here to learn what I can about the Armada, which is what these people are called later on when they're destroying world after world as they hop from dimension to dimension looking to get revenge on the Vindicators."

Comment

Greystone:
                [Jack Rexroth]

"I'm pretty sure you guys can get some face time," she said, leaning in to kiss him. She watched Randy's retreating back. "Is he okay?"
                Jack gave his girlfriend the kiss she was wanting before answering. "Mister Carmichaelís class got him thinking about his father, who is actually worse than mine." He sighed. "I feel sorry for him, Randy don't have the same mindset I do."

Comment

PANDORA (Jack and Martin; NPCs: Dale, Katrina, Tabitha)
                  Dale sniffled a growl when Jack rebuked Tabitha's attempt to greet him. There was no reason the boy would consider her his mother: after all, he likely didn't consider Dale to be his father. Instead, he held the woman while Katrina attempted to explain the last year's events.

"Alright," Jack said, "now that everyone is caught up, I'm here to learn what I can about the Armada, which is what these people are called later on when they're destroying world after world as they hop from dimension to dimension looking to get revenge on the Vindicators."

Dale wasn't quite sure how to process that. "S-Jack... That... You can't..."

"Everyone here arrived from different time periods," Tabitha reasoned. "Your son must be from further along in our own timeline--from a period after revelations have come to light concerning us." She looked straight at Jack and nodded. "You've been to other dimensions, haven't you? He said he was here for information--meaning this Armada hasn't gotten to his dimension quite yet. He had to learn about them somehow, so..." She sighed and brushed her hair over her shoulder. "You're trying to save our world--the world where my son and daughter are? I'll do what I can to help you. Just say what you need me to do, and it's done."

Katrina nodded. "I don't see Vlad here," she said. "Lexus, Herta, Pirjo... all of the children are missing. They weren't sentenced to Pandora, were they?" She didn't wait for Jack to answer. "If they're safe, then they need to stay that way. I'm in. Whatever you need, I'll do."

"You know I'm in," Dale said. "I could approach Ron and Tevfik. Perhaps keeping their children safe would appeal to their better senses."

"Zese molecules are remarkably unique!" Ganze said, touching the spike. "Zere is strata as if it is metamorphic rock but ze density compounds are unlike anyzing I've ever encountered." She tried to transmute it, only to watch as it resisted her dominion over matter. "Ze molecules of your construct defy direkt manipulation. 'Ave you ever 'ad someone moof zem or break zem? Do zey displace matter from ze surface you create zem from or are zey formed from it?"

"They can be broken," the admiral said cautiously, "but they're very resilient. When they do, they atomize--there is no trace left of them. They cannot be moved, however--but they do displace things..."

"Can you create zem from a metal surface unt from a lake?"

"Well, there are limits."

Before Ganze could question it further, the Adversary asked one of his own: "I'm curious as to why an Admiral, one who seems fairly by the book, would be condemned to a place like this. Surely the Chinese wouldn't want to waste such a valuable resource?"

"The Chinese weren't the ones who did this," Chen Lei said. "My fleet was in the Pacific, coming towards the Sea of Okhotsk. We'd been out too long, and we were running low on food, medical supplies, munitions... The Russians were going to replenish our stores before we ran back out. Next thing you know, it's raining black and white: the Vindicators hit us full force. They must have sent in every single unit.

"My men and I took a few down with us, but ultimately... they brought me in. I don't know why they didn't kill me. They took me back to that tower of theirs, told me that I was guilty of crimes against the U.A. They told me I was going to be sentenced to Pandora. The Aurelius came forward, cast some spell on me, and the next thing I know, I'm here."

"Wait, so your world's left the Cold War and went into World War III?" Locus was surprised. "What a place to live in."

Suddenly, a lithe woman was draping herself over the Adversary. "I know, right? Can you imagine the battles we fought? What an age to be alive in."

The faintest of smiles touched the admiral's face. "Carolien," he said, "it's good to see that you survived." He stepped forward and pulled the woman into a hug.

"Aw, it's good to see you too, ya big softy."

Turning to the others with them, the admiral introduced the woman. "Back in our home world, this woman was a mercenary known as Anansi."

"Anansi, African trickster figure of folk zat takes ze form of a spider?" Ganze looked her over. "I vill guess enhanced strength and nimbleness. Ability to stick to walls and some mechanism, natural or created, to bind foes. Am I right?"

Carol gave Ganze an extravagant bow. "Got it in one Frau Doktor." Looking to Chen Lei, the woman asked, "So, what's the big plan here, chief?"

"The Adversary and Ganze will take inventory of the skills and abilities we have here. He catalogs the information while Ganze makes note of any needs they have. We have scouts looking into finding a water source. Once we have that, I might send you with this Caballero fellow to find a defensible site. I don't want to make assumptions that we're the only ones here, nor that we're the only ones who will arrive."

NVAE, YAVORSHAK'S OFFICE (Dennis; NPCs: Yavorshak)
                  "And that doesn't make you at all sad? That you may never see those people again?"

NVAA, CAFETERIA (Lex and Martin; NPCs: Gaspar)

"I'm mad because nobody trusts me!" Gaspar roared. He rounded on Martin. "How often do you stick your big nose into things? You got Tatjana captured by Siegfried--after you were hiding a wizard in your room? You knew who Tallemaja was and did nothing, so that she could almost kill Otso's girlfriend... You make decisions for everyone else all the time, and it usually costs someone else. Now, I'm trying to tell you that something is off about this guy, and you don't trust me? When have I ever lied, man? When have I ever jeopardized everyone's safety?

"And you!" The Spaniard turned his attention on Lex. "Who the hell are you to ask anyone why they're so mad? Why are you so mad? Is it the loving, supportive parents? The pretty girl who's smitten with you? Maybe it's the way her own family just embraces you and accepts you? It's probably all that Goddamn talent, right? Powers you can control? Yeah, it's easy to see why you have the world's biggest chip on your shoulder because I--an orphan who lost his only girlfriend because I didn't cheat on her and can't control his powers whatsoever and lives in constant guilt with the memory of KILLING A WOMAN--completely understands how all of that could make you so brooding!

"To hell with both of you," Gaspar spat as he left the cafeteria. "I'll do this on my own."

Originally posted by Michuru81
                  Hero points to both of you.
                  NVAE, LIBRARY (Harry; NPCs: Rose)
                  With Lexus and Violet gone, Rose smiled sweetly at Harry. "You know, we could probably get a lot more done back in my room."

NVAE (Violet)
                  As the day wound on, Violet's phone continued to go off with incoming texts. This time of day, Eve's classes were finished, and she procrastinated her school work in favor of texting her best friend. Jakob was still in class, and replied whenever he could.

As she was waiting for her fifth period to end, Violet's phone vibrated. She looked down, only to see it was a message from Jessica.

"Hey! What're your plans for summer break?"

VIENNA (Otso; NPCs: Kowalski, ???)
                  The man started to sob hysterically when Otso grabbed him. "Please, don't kill me!" he begged. "I have..." He trailed off, as though listening. "Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please don't! No, I..." He took a deep breath. "My brother and I were j-j-just boys--not even muh-men--when General B-Buh-Basenji conscripted us. Y-your f-friends k-killed him and I w-want revenge.

"Muh-make your g-godson leave the school. G-give me Matt Meyers."

VIENNA (Jack; NPCs: Ellen)
                  After the last class of the day, Jack and Ellen met up and left the school. They headed into the city for coffee and cake--a reward for another day's work.

As they waited for their drinks, Ellen looked across the room. "Oh, look! Otso and his father are here!"

Jack followed her eyes to the table. They were sitting with a man, and Jack could read their emotions. Anger and confusion were apparent in the bears, while their guest was... anxious and terrified.

Then Jack saw something else: a red dot on the back of the man's head...
                  Armada Status

Comment

Imago
                    HP: 4

"No." Dennis affirmed bluntly.
                    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                    Crinoverse - Avengers
                    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                    Crinoverse - Time After Time
                    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                    Extreme Unction

Comment

Violet Lear

Violet was mildly surprised to get a text from her sister. Not that they didn't get along, mostly... occasionally. But while she'd been at school contact was infrequent. Jessica had a lot to do to keep her status as the favorite daughter.

R&R. Parties. Usual, right?

Comment

Greystone:
                        [Jack Rexroth]

Dale wasn't quite sure how to process that. "S-Jack... That... You can't..."

"Everyone here arrived from different time periods," Tabitha reasoned. "Your son must be from further along in our own timeline--from a period after revelations have come to light concerning us." She looked straight at Jack and nodded. "You've been to other dimensions, haven't you? He said he was here for information--meaning this Armada hasn't gotten to his dimension quite yet. He had to learn about them somehow, so..." She sighed and brushed her hair over her shoulder. "You're trying to save our world--the world where my son and daughter are? I'll do what I can to help you. Just say what you need me to do, and it's done."
                        As Tabitha speculated about things Jack nodded his head to indicate she was right.

Katrina nodded. "I don't see Vlad here," she said. "Lexus, Herta, Pirjo... all of the children are missing. They weren't sentenced to Pandora, were they?" She didn't wait for Jack to answer. "If they're safe, then they need to stay that way. I'm in. Whatever you need, I'll do."
                        Jack shook his head to indicate that the Laputa kids weren't going to be joining them. "Thanks, I know you and I don't have good history."

"You know I'm in," Dale said. "I could approach Ron and Tevfik. Perhaps keeping their children safe would appeal to their better senses."
                        "I'm not sure about Nelson." Jack said. "I don't trust him, he killed his wife to cover his ass right? He wasn't mind controlled either. As for Tevfik? Maybe feel him out first, talk about his boy with him."

Comment

Greystone:
                          [Jack Rexroth]

After the last class of the day, Jack and Ellen met up and left the school. They headed into the city for coffee and cake--a reward for another day's work.

As they waited for their drinks, Ellen looked across the room. "Oh, look! Otso and his father are here!"

Jack followed her eyes to the table. They were sitting with a man, and Jack could read their emotions. Anger and confusion were apparent in the bears, while their guest was... anxious and terrified.

Then Jack saw something else: a red dot on the back of the man's head...
                          "They're prolly having some family time." Jack said as he glanced over, it was then he noticed the third person at their table. "Or maybe not..." He muttered as he really looked at the trio, then noticed the illuminated dot.

The American took off as fast as he could for the trio, tackling their unknown guest. "Sniper, get down!" He yelled as he knocked the other man to the floor.

Comment

PANDORA (Jack and Martin; NPCs: Dale, Katrina, Tabitha)
                            "As for Tevfik? Maybe feel him out first, talk about his boy with him."

"I'll talk to him," Katrina said.

"Is there anyone else we can trust?" Dale asked, sweeping the field with his gaze. He stopped at the sight of Pyre. "What about him? He's one of the Vindicators."

NVAE, YAVORSHAK'S OFFICE (Dennis; NPCs: Yavorshak)
                            Doctor Yavorshak showed no emotion. "And how are you finding our dimension thus far?" she asked. "If you found yourself leaving it for another, is there anyone you would miss?"

NVAE (Violet)
                            "Are you coming home?" Jessica asked.

Another message came in--this one from Jakob: "Im peforming @ school thing Fri. Can u come"

Originally posted by Michuru81
                            I'll hold on Jack-137's scene until McGuffin reacts, TM.
                            Armada Status

Comment

"The Adversary and Ganze will take inventory of the skills and abilities we have here. He catalogs the information while Ganze makes note of any needs they have. We have scouts looking into finding a water source. Once we have that, I might send you with this Caballero fellow to find a defensible site. I don't want to make assumptions that we're the only ones here, nor that we're the only ones who will arrive."
                              While not focused on the minute molecules of the black spike, Ganze once again monitored the microvibrations of molecules in air and floor, mentally tracing the distant words and familiar voices back to their sources. Ganze turns to to the bright-eyed American - The Adversary. "Pardon, I have some associates to greet, but I shall return and ve can get started un our assignment. You may not vish to follow. You do have your mozer's eyes." she says. Her outline blurs and she sinks into the ground, intangible.

She travels the distance before surfacing near a group who's voices she recognized. She was mildly perplexed and mildly amused at the same time. "SweetTart," she greets Katrina, looking the woman's attire over a glint of amusement in her eyes, "You are looking... dressed."

"Primal," she greets Dale with a small incline of her head before turning to Tabitha. "Mastermind." her German-accented voice contain obvious respect and deference. "Vhen I did not see ze rest uf you at my trial and sentencing I vas concerned you vere caught in ze island's explosion." She notes the other in their company, her back stiffens. "Unt your offspring, Greyskin. Ze dosier did say he vas ze most susceptible to anti-auzoritarian behavior. I just vish it had occurred before your role in my husband's destruction." her voice was a touch frosty.

"Non, non, non, non, NON!" Martin cried out

Comment

NVAA, CAFETERIA (Lex and Martin; NPCs: Gaspar)

"I'm mad because nobody trusts me!" Gaspar roared. He rounded on Martin. "How often do you stick your big nose into things? You got Tatjana captured by Siegfried--after you were hiding a wizard in your room? You knew who Tallemaja was and did nothing, so that she could almost kill Otso's girlfriend... You make decisions for everyone else all the time, and it usually costs someone else. Now, I'm trying to tell you that something is off about this guy, and you don't trust me? When have I ever lied, man? When have I ever jeopardized everyone's safety?

"And you!" The Spaniard turned his attention on Lex. "Who the hell are you to ask anyone why they're so mad? Why are you so mad? Is it the loving, supportive parents? The pretty girl who's smitten with you? Maybe it's the way her own family just embraces you and accepts you? It's probably all that Goddamn talent, right? Powers you can control? Yeah, it's easy to see why you have the world's biggest chip on your shoulder because I--an orphan who lost his only girlfriend because I didn't cheat on her and can't control his powers whatsoever and lives in constant guilt with the memory of KILLING A WOMAN--completely understands how all of that could make you so brooding!

"To hell with both of you," Gaspar spat as he left the cafeteria. "I'll do this on my own."
                                Martin had retorts to all of the Spaniard's points but he felt it best to keep quiet. He looks in askance at Lex as Gaspar storms away.

Comment

Working...
                                X