Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

Greystone:
    [Jack Rexroth]
    HP: 1

"I was just passing on a message to you from Eunice." Eunice was the name Ellen have given her genitals. She had insisted that they would have an "old lady name". "She was hoping to see you later."
    Jack's smirk turned into a full smile. "Really? Cause I was hoping to see her tonight too." He then put his arm around Ellen's waist. "Think you can help set that up?"

Even with the euphemisms, Randy could tell it was time to leave. Carrying his books, he made his way around the couple, and towards his next class.
    Jack called after Randy. "Don't forget - anytime you wanna talk."

Comment

The Adversary

Jason smiled, trying to keep his eyes from rolling. "I'm curious as to why an Admiral, one who seems fairly by the book, would be condemned to a place like this. Surely the Chinese wouldn't want to waste such a valuable resource?"

He wondered if his plan extended to anything beyond food and shelter. Then what? Build a glorious people's republic of superpowers criminals?
      [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Imago
        HP: 4

Dennis looked very much like he wanted to have heard more, but slowly he let it go.

"All right. I still feel like I need some time off from class. Or at least a period or two."

First period after all, was just him and Steven Murphy, and in this state while Dennis knew he couldn't be held accountable for the likely consequences, the school for some reason would disagree.
        Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
        Crinoverse - Avengers
        Crinoverse - Young Avengers
        Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
        Crinoverse - Time After Time
        Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
        Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
        Extreme Unction

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
          HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex sits quietly for a moment, "Okay. If you're right, boom, fist bump, confetti explosion. But, Devil's advocate time, what if nothing happens?"

"Is the plan to just keep following him forever?"

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
            PANDORA (Adversary, Ganze, Locus; NPCs: Chen Lei)
            Ganze touched the spike Chen Lei made and found it forged of nothing she had ever before encountered.

"Zese molecules are remarkably unique! Zere is strata as if it is metamorphic rock but ze density compounds are unlike anyzing I've ever encountered."

She'll try to transmute a small portion of it.

The collective was disconnected from the rest. Normally that would result in their eventual decay but these were bonded to other living cells. The nature of a diffuse being is that systems are decentralized, with every cell being a microcosm of the whole. And much like some frogs can shift gender when the environmental need arises, the cells, lacking a nervous system or some sort of command structure, drew upon their inherent ability to mutate. They linked to one another, though these were widely spread out. Oh, they still stood as structural reinforcement for the systems where they were placed, they just also formed a rudimentary personality matrix and memory storage array. "Jack? Jack Rexroth, can you hear me?"

Comment

Violet Lear

Violet put her hand over her mouth to cover a laugh. "Come on Lexus. Heh. Harry's right. We gotta get this report done." Once again, Violet wished Eve was back. She'd have the whole report outlined in her head by now.

"We should have an angle right? Something other than just clustering facts."

Comment

The Blue Knight

Gwyn frowned at Lexus (well, he tried, frowning wasn't something he was good at), before giving an appreciative nod to Violet.

"Exactly. We need ta have an opinion, a...stance, and then back it up with facts. Pro Napoleon of anti, we need to explain our position. But as a group...well we could split up, some of us do research, others write, not just as a group...but as a team."

Gwyn looked at both Rose and Lexus, a bit more sternly at the latter. He couldn't help it, mean or not she was proper fetching.

"Can we do that?"
                [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Locus
                  VP: 1

"I see," Chen Lei said. "That sounds like a very useful ability. I've sent scouts out to look for a water source to build around. Once they describe the place, will you be able to go there? How long do you think it would take you to move everyone there?"
                  "One quick moment to visit and make sure I have the right place-" because things might work differently on this other world. "Then you can just have everyone line up and I go down the line sending people over. No more than a few minutes."

OOC
                  Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                  Crinoverse - Avengers
                  Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
                    [Jack Rexroth]

The collective was disconnected from the rest. Normally that would result in their eventual decay but these were bonded to other living cells. The nature of a diffuse being is that systems are decentralized, with every cell being a microcosm of the whole. And much like some frogs can shift gender when the environmental need arises, the cells, lacking a nervous system or some sort of command structure, drew upon their inherent ability to mutate. They linked to one another, though these were widely spread out. Oh, they still stood as structural reinforcement for the systems where they were placed, they just also formed a rudimentary personality matrix and memory storage array. "Jack? Jack Rexroth, can you hear me?"
                    Jack had just finished asking his estranged father, his wife and their teammate for help when he "hears" the voice of one of his classmates, which causes him to look around reflexively. When he doesn't see Martin, or an otherworld counterpart of him, nearby he can't help but wonder why he just hear the French teen's voice. Hell's bells, I've gotta get it together.
                    Last edited by Tattooedman; 29th February 2016, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Anansi
                      Condition: Not in Kansas anymore...

Carol surveyed her surroundings as the various arrivals were organizing themselves. The mask hid her face, thus leaving anyone guessing at her intentions. Her lithe body looked to be that of an athlete as she swaggered through the crowd with a confident gait. Anyone with military training could tell she was like a coiled spring however, ready to spring into action at a moment's notice. Finally, she walked into the middle of the conversation between the admiral and his new confederates, draping an arm over the Adversary's shoulder as she leaned her body on his. "So, what's the big plan here chief?"
                      Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Violet Lear

Violet smiled brightly. "Course we can." Though apparently they'd have to keep Rose and Lexus separated. "I vote we look at Napoleon's childhood and see if we can find something that drove him to being a dictator."

Comment

PANDORA (Jack and Martin; NPCs: Dale, Katrina, Tabitha)
                          "I'll fill you in later but watch my back?"

Suddenly, he was looking around for someone, leaving his father and the man's cohorts baffled. "Talk to me, Jack. Tell me what's going on?"

"This is Jack?" Tabitha asked. There was a broad grin on her face as she moved to hug the teen. "Would that we could have met in a happier place. My name is Tabitha. Your father and I-"

"He knows, Tabitha." Confectionery sighed. "As I was saying, you've missed a lot... You were possessed by--by a monster. A psychic entity. Lacuna. It used you for your powers. Gathered a small army of Neo-Sapiens under you and called them Laputa."

Dale held his wife as Confectionery summarized Laputa's actions. "And that's what we're doing here," Dale said. "I pleaded with them--tried to tell them that you were innocent. Apparently, 'I was being mind controlled' is becoming a frequently used defense."

"It doesn't matter," Tabitha said, "so long as I am with you." Her expression soured ever so slightly. "I just wish I could see Jay and Liz again."

PANDORA (Adversary, Anansi, Ganze, Locus; NPCs: Chen Lei)
                          "I'm curious as to why an Admiral, one who seems fairly by the book, would be condemned to a place like this. Surely the Chinese wouldn't want to waste such a valuable resource?"

"The Chinese weren't the ones who did this," Chen Lei said. "My fleet was in the Pacific, coming towards the Sea of Okhotsk. We'd been out too long, and we were running low on food, medical supplies, munitions... The Russians were going to replenish our stores before we ran back out. Next thing you know, it's raining black and white: the Vindicators hit us full force. They must have sent in every single unit.

"My men and I took a few down with us, but ultimately... they brought me in. I don't know why they didn't kill me. They took me back to that tower of theirs, told me that I was guilty of crimes against the U.A. They told me I was going to be sentenced to Pandora. The Aurelius came forward, cast some spell on me, and the next thing I know, I'm here."

Suddenly, a lithe woman was draping herself over the Adversary. "So, what's the big plan here, chief?"

The faintest of smiles touched the admiral's face. "Carolien," he said, "it's good to see that you survived." He stepped forward and pulled the woman into a hug. "Back in our home world, this woman was a mercenary known as Anansi."

VIENNA (Otso; NPCs: Kowalski, ???)
                          "I really wish I had Buddy's power right about now."

As Otso found himself wishing for a way out of this moment, fate decided to spare him: a trembling hand grabbed a chair between them and pulled it out; it belonged to a man who was sobbing quietly, who now sat down at their table.

On the man's right, Otso could see the headset over the man's ear.

"Can I he-"

"The f-f-famous Matt K-Kowalski," he said slowly. It was as though he was parroting back what someone else was whispering in his ear. "At last we meet."

NVAE, HALLWAY (Jack; NPCs: Ellen)
                          "Think you can help set that up?"

"I'm pretty sure you guys can get some face time," she said, leaning in to kiss him. She watched Randy's retreating back. "Is he okay?"

NVAE, YAVORSHAK'S OFFICE (Dennis; NPCs: Yavorshak)
                          "Absolutely," she said. "I'll discuss it with Doctor Fischer to get you excused. Meanwhile, let's talk about this. I mean, given that there's now evidence of people just vanishing from one dimension and ending up in another, it's hard to rule out that what you're experiencing isn't real... but as you said, the giant Argus is something of a give away that this last one was a dream.

"I guess my first question is: how are you adjusting to life here? I mean, you did just leave everything you knew behind. Family, friends... Tell me about the people you left behind."

NVAE, LIBRARY (Harry and Violet; NPCs: Lexus and Rose)
                          Violet put her hand over her mouth to cover a laugh. "Come on, Lexus. Heh. Harry's right. We gotta get this report done. We should have an angle right? Something other than just clustering facts."

The Nephilim made an attempt to frown at Lexus before giving an appreciative nod to Violet. "Exactly. We need ta have an opinion, a... stance, and then back it up with facts. Pro-Napoleon or anti, we need to explain our position. But as a group... well we could split up--some of us do research, others write, not just as a group... but as a team." He looked to the pair in turn. "Can we do that?"

"'Course we can," Violet said cheerily.

"I'll try," Rose said.

"I vote we lo-"

Rose spoke over Violet. "I don't have as much experience at working with a team as Lexus, but... then again, I don't have as much experience blowing up buildings or killing innocent people as he does, either."

Lexus gathered up his things. "I'll get started on that research," he said. "I'll email my notes to you all later."

Rose turned to Violet and flashed her an urgent look. "Maybe you should go help him and leave me and Harry to partner up."

NVAA, CAFETERIA (Lex and Martin; NPCs: Gaspar)
                          "Fine!" snapped Gaspar as he jumped out of his seat. "Don't believe me! Not like anyone ever does, right?"
                          Armada Status

Comment

Imago
                            HP: 4

Dennis snickered slowly. "Doctor, you seem to be under a misunderstanding. I chose to come here. My parents were about as available as my national banking system to Interpol. Fittingly, they were both absorbed in their finance careers and high society standings. I never had any friends back home. At most, the closest thing to anyone I left behind were the Vindicators, and I only knew them for a handful of days. Besides, Dag's here at the school, and Bulwark... he's out there."
                            Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                            Crinoverse - Avengers
                            Extreme Unction

Comment

Locus
                              VP: 1

"Wait - so your world's left the Cold War and went into World War 3?" Locus was surprised. "What a place to live in."

OOC
                              Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                              Crinoverse - Avengers
                              Extreme Unction

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
                                NVAA, CAFETERIA (Lex and Martin; NPCs: Gaspar)
                                "Fine!" snapped Gaspar as he jumped out of his seat. "Don't believe me! Not like anyone ever does, right?"

"Gaspar, please relax. Lex and I were only offering alternative explanation to your perception which may be colored by your experiences in ze ozer Universe."

Martin tries to mediate.

"I can try to follow 'im one night in ze form of a street dog. Track 'im by smell if 'e manages to lose me. Blend into a crowd should 'e enter a place somewhere. Ze biggest problem is zat I do not know ze local language and many customs. But I could try zis. You would 'ave to be willing to accept anyzing I find and, if it is benign, drop your crusade against ze man."

Comment

Working...
                                X