Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

PANDORA (Adversary, Ganze, Jack, Locus; NPCs: Black Ice, Blackguard, Caballero, Chen Lei, Cleave x3, Confectionery, Erudite, Ironside, Maurice, Paragon, Stendhal, Therianthrophe, Tristan, Vociferant, Wight, Womack, Zehrili)
    "I recommend un interview unt organizational process. I offer to conduct it. Or I can begin construction of medical supplies unt medicines. I zas a biochemist, geneticist, unt doctor vhere I came from."

Chen Lei nodded curtly before turning to the thin man. "What's your name, sir?" he asked. Once he was armed with it, he asked the Adversary and Ganze to go with him, conducting the interview. "We need to find out abilities, skills, health requirements..." He grimaced. "I suppose we should try to determine the catalyst behind their being here. I suspect we're all here because we're dangerous, but we should find out if anyone possess a danger to our new community.

"After that, I'd like to speak with you, Ganze. You transmuted rocks to chalk. I suspect you cannot make something from nothing? I'm curious if you can do anything with my own ability." He gestured to the spike he had impaled Paragon on. "I cannot dispel them. If you can make anything useful from them? Even if it's just reshaping them, we might be able to fabricate shelter for everyone."

Soon, he had sent the Vitesse family on a scouting mission, while Blackguard and Caballero were keeping watch from above.

Jack, meanwhile, was scanning the field for familiar faces: three Cleaves, two Paragons, the group from Dennis' home dimension... He spotted Herzog Kasamir with his lover, Graf Oscar; Ritters Gwyn and Xun were at their heels. There was the older version of Violet he'd heard of and he likely wouldn't have recognized Gaspar had he not previously seen him without his hair dyed. One looked like Mahdy, a boy he'd met when he had spent some time at the New Vindicators Academy of Asia.

He recognized those he and his classmates had put here: Laputa, Ironside, Ogre, Skew... Strangely, when Ironside approached Skew, the British man didn't appear to know him. Looking around, Jack didn't see any other Skews here. This had to be the one Harry's group took down in Marrakesh. Why then didn't he know who Ironside was?

NVAA, CAFETERIA (Lex and Martin; NPCs: Gaspar)
    "Where does he go every night, then? And why is he so sneaky? I've tried to follow him and--okay... Let's say he's got nothing to hide. Why shake the tail?"

NVAE, YAVORSHAK'S OFFICE (Dennis; NPCs: Yavorshak)
    "Absolutely," she said, motioning for him to have a seat. "What's on your mind?"

NVAE, LIBRARY (Harry, Violet; NPCs: Lexus, Rose)
    "Comeuppance is such a funny word," Rose said. "Come-upon-us."

Lexus looked at her as if he wasn't sure what he was looking at. "Well, both made big mistakes by invading Russia in winter. That was where each man's downfall began. They had similar starts, too: both rose up during a new democratic republic and ultimately became dictators over countries they weren't born into."

That snapped Rose back to reality. "Napoleon wasn't French?"

Lexus shrugged. "I read that he may have been Italian-Corsican."

"No."

"Yeah, it's just a theory-"

"He wasn't an Italian. Nope. Not possible." She grabbed her textbook and started flipping through it. "Napoleon was born in Ajaccio! France! He's French!"

"Ajaccio is on the island of Corsica," Lexus said. "He was born the year after France bought the island from Italy. His family was Italian. 'Napoleon di Buonaparte'?"

"Nope! Nope, nope, nope!"

Lexus shrugged. "Sorry."

Rose looked about to scream. "Yeah, well... well, I read that... that Hitler was really... really... whatever the hell you are!"

"Hitler was half-Turkish, half-Scottish?"

"Y-yeah!"

Lexus gave her the most deadpan look ever. "Well, that just explains so much."

NVAE, HALLWAY (Jack; NPCs: Randy)
    If you want to go that route, that is. However youd want to handle it is your choice and Ill back you no matter what.

Randy hung his head in shame. "I can't go after my da. Fiore fought him with one of the American Vindicators and lost. What good could I do?

"I haven't even gone outside since he came to Vienna, Jack. I mean, he can take over any tree or bush. He could turn the grass against us."

Ashworth's door opened and Ellen came out. "Second warning for having my phone out in class," she grumbled. "He said one more time and he's sending me to Fischer."

VIENNA, CAFE (Otso; NPCs: Kowalski)
    His father started to say something, then paused with his mouth hanging open. Then he shut it, reached down into his satchel, and pulled out a plastic sack. Through it, Otso could make out what was inside: a box of condoms. "Just... um... C-can you...? I mean, do you know how to... to put them on?"
    Armada Status

Comment

Locus
      VP: 1

When it was his turn for the interviews, Locus calmly and straightforwardly explained.

"Me, I'm in for a number of things. Smuggling, theft, some assassinations. My power is spatial control, and I can do a lot with it. Blast, defend, deflect, and teleport - Santa Maria, the teleporting. That's the main reason they said I had to go to Pandora. Range: anywhere on Earth. Can take a couple hundred pounds with me while doing so. That, or I can force people or things to be teleported - not quite the same range, but Atlantic to Pacific isn't something to sneeze at.

Beyond that, Admiral, not really much to say. Not a doctor or professor or anything like that."

OOC
      Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
      Crinoverse - Avengers
      Crinoverse - Young Avengers
      Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
      Crinoverse - Time After Time
      Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
      Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
      Extreme Unction

Comment

PANDORA
        "How accurate are you?" asked Chen Lei. Before Locus could answer, Chen Lei pointed to the spike he'd summoned. "Let's say you were many miles away. If you concentrate on that spike, can you jump right to it?

"For that matter, if we were to set up several landmarks... Let's say we find a spot with a good source of water. We'll want to establish our camp close to it. If I set up one spike, will you be able to differentiate between that one and this one, or will I need to produce a number of spikes? We could potentially designate areas based on the number of spikes, if that is what you require."
        Armada Status

Comment

Imago
          HP: 3

Dennis told her. The details of the initial jaunt to the Survivors hadn't gone beyond himself, Headmaster Newton, Jack... Now, Doctor Yavorshak was one to learn. Plus the additional nightmares, how he died each time. Each demise detailed very much.

"Aside from dying every night - I don't know what's happening any more. Argus growing like that's what really hit it into me. I know the first time I actually was there. But the rest? Was I, or just dreaming? And the new information I gave to the Headmaster the second, third, fourth... was that real, or just my hallucinating? I just can't handle this, Doctor. Illusionist - I mess with people's heads, not have mine messed with."
          Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
          Crinoverse - Avengers
          Extreme Unction

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
            HP: 1
            Cnd: Fine

Otso's eyes bulged as he realized what his father was handing him. "Dad! I.. We.." He snatched the package and stuffed it in his bag, trying to be discrete and failing miserably in his haste. "Yes, I know how to... We've had classes... I mean Miss Catargi... We have Sex Ed." He sank into his seat, burrying his face in his hands. "I really wish I had Buddy's power right about now." His words were barely audible as they were muffled by his hands
            Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Locus
              VP: 1

"How accurate are you?" asked Chen Lei. Before Locus could answer, Chen Lei pointed to the spike he'd summoned. "Let's say you were many miles away. If you concentrate on that spike, can you jump right to it?
              "For that matter, if we were to set up several landmarks... Let's say we find a spot with a good source of water. We'll want to establish our camp close to it. If I set up one spike, will you be able to differentiate between that one and this one, or will I need to produce a number of spikes? We could potentially designate areas based on the number of spikes, if that is what you require."
              "You don't even need the spikes. I could go straight to the spot with the water if I have a rough idea of where it is. Let me give you a example that would help. Once I made a delivery to Mumbai. I was given a certain address. I had never been to that place, never seen it, never been in Mumbai or a thousand miles of India itself. And I said 'no problem' and teleported right over. Do you get it now?"

OOC
              Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
              Crinoverse - Avengers
              Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
                [Jack Rexroth]

If you want to go that route, that is. However youd want to handle it is your choice and Ill back you no matter what.

Randy hung his head in shame. "I can't go after my da. Fiore fought him with one of the American Vindicators and lost. What good could I do?

"I haven't even gone outside since he came to Vienna, Jack. I mean, he can take over any tree or bush. He could turn the grass against us."

Jack put a hand on Randy's shoulder. "All stuff you can do, or stop him from doing so someone else can put him on his ass. Something to think about, that's all I'm saying. If you wanna talk some more look me up later."

Ashworth's door opened and Ellen came out. "Second warning for having my phone out in class," she grumbled. "He said one more time and he's sending me to Fischer."
                Jack smirked. "Why did you have your phone out?" Though he was pretty sure he knew why.

Comment

Greystone:
                  [Jack Rexroth]

While Chen Lei began organizing the masses Jack turned his attention upon his father and his allies, something Jack had in short supply here. "Dale." He said with a cool tone, since he was willing to be that his father would figure him to be a an other dimensional version of himself. "Still not drinking?"

Comment

Violet Lear

Violet laughed again.
                    "Don't be so defensive, Rose. If anything, you should be a lot more embarrassed about Mussolini."

Comment

[b]The Blue Knight

Gwyn hung his head. "That's bad form, Vi. Most nations have had violent conqueror leaders at some point-yew don't see me moaning about Edward the First every time you or Ellen walk into a room."

Still, points for Violet. Rose was too distracted to be distracting Gwyn anymore. "This report is about Napoleon and what he did, not where he was born. Now if we can work together out there to fight thieves and killers, we can get this done. Shall we crack on?"
                      [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Ganze

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
                        PANDORA (Adversary, Ganze, Jack, Locus; NPCs: Black Ice, Blackguard, Caballero, Chen Lei, Cleave x3, Confectionery, Erudite, Ironside, Maurice, Paragon, Stendhal, Therianthrophe, Tristan, Vociferant, Wight, Womack, Zehrili)
                        "After that, I'd like to speak with you, Ganze. You transmuted rocks to chalk. I suspect you cannot make something from nothing? I'm curious if you can do anything with my own ability." He gestured to the spike he had impaled Paragon on. "I cannot dispel them. If you can make anything useful from them? Even if it's just reshaping them, we might be able to fabricate shelter for everyone."
                        "Do you know vhat zey are made of?" Jeanette moves to examine the black spike. She touches it to examine the molecules directly. "I cannot directly reshape it, but I can rearrange zeir molecules to a more malleable matierial, or somezink viz a lower melting point. Ve can utilize a 'Special' viz zermokinetic abilities, I believe I recognized one of my former son's instructors, a fire controller, to melt and shape viz molds I can likewise create. Zen transmute zem into somezink denser afterwards. Weapons, tools, unt ozer zingks could be fashioned in zis vay" She didn't mention that it would take a longer time than if she was at the height of her power. The spikes would have to be broken into smaller pieces. The resources and abilities she and Deiter brought to Laputa let them come so close to a global revolution so long coming. Maybe there was a new revolution needed now. One she would have to face without her counterpart. The loss was a weight around her soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
                          "Where does he go every night, then? And why is he so sneaky? I've tried to follow him and--okay... Let's say he's got nothing to hide. Why shake the tail?"
                          "'E does 'is own zings. Zis is not a crime." Martin defends. "And no one wants to be followed. 'Ave you asked around?" Martin suggests.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                            HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex shrugs, "Maybe he's secretly in a band under and assumed name when he isn't being attacked by the local wildlife during late night walks while trying to learn the local language?"

He leans back in his chair,
                            "As for ditching you, well, if he noticed you it's no surprise. I mean, I wouldn't want somebody I know doesn't like me trying to follow me around in the middle of the night."

"I'd be worried they were gonna kick my ass, ya know?"

He shakes his head,
                            "But I ain't asking you to defend yourself, I'm just curious why you feel like guy's bad news. No right or wrong answer, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, ya know? I'm just curious why this guy sets off your spidey sense when the laputa kids didn't."

Comment

PANDORA (Jack; NPCs: Dale, Katrina, Tabitha)
                              "Dale," Jack said coolly, "still not drinking?"

He had figured the man would presume him to be another world's version of himself. It was a good guess. The man looked as though he'd seen a ghost. "Tell me you're some other world's Jack Rexroth, because if I find out that my son ended up in some place like this..."

PANDORA (Adversary, Ganze, Locus; NPCs: Chen Lei)
                              "I see," Chen Lei said. "That sounds like a very useful ability. I've sent scouts out to look for a water source to build around. Once they describe the place, will you be able to go there? How long do you think it would take you to move everyone there?"

Ganze touched the spike Chen Lei made and found it forged of nothing she had ever before encountered.

NVAE, YAVORSHAK'S OFFICE (Dennis; NPCs: Yavorshak)
                              "I don't know what to do about the ones before this," Yavorshak said, "but what about a sleep study from here on out? At least we can give you the peace of mind that you're just dreaming. I mean, if we don't observe your body physically departing our world..."

Originally posted by Michuru81
                              Hero point to Dennis.
                              NVAE, HALLWAY (Jack; NPCs: Ellen and Randy)
                              Jack smirked. "Why did you have your phone out?" Though he was pretty sure he knew why.

"I was just passing on a message to you from Eunice." Eunice was the name Ellen have given her genitals. She had insisted that they would have an "old lady name". "She was hoping to see you later."

Even with the euphemisms, Randy could tell it was time to leave. Carrying his books, he made his way around the couple, and towards his next class.

NVAE, LIBRARY (Harry and Violet; NPCs: Lexus and Rose)
                              "Don't be so defensive, Rose. If anything, you should be a lot more embarrassed about Mussolini."

Gwyn hung his head. "That's bad form, Vi. Most nations have had violent conqueror leaders at some point-yew don't see me moaning about Edward the First every time you or Ellen walk into a room."

Rose eyed them both strangely. "Why would we be embarrassed about Mussolini? He was a great man. Under him there was no crime, the mafia was almost eradicated, we had political stability... Il Duce was a hero."

Now it was Lexus' turn to look at someone strangely.

"This report is about Napoleon and what he did, not where he was born. Now if we can work together out there to fight thieves and killers, we can get this done. Shall we crack on?"

"Actually," Lexus said, "I'm curious about this whole 'Mussolini was a hero' thing... Actually, you know what? This explains a lot about Rose."

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked.

"Nothing. It makes total sense that you idolize a fascist dictator who silenced the media if they dared to criticize him."

"The Laputa kids were manipulated," Gaspar said. "I mean... Armande left his eye back in the States and Pirjo said her people have been through something similar with Russia or something. Laputa played to their fears and convictions. It used them.

"That other world... Look, there was this midget princess, okay? And her brother and his boyfriend and their bodyguards were going to kill her and put entire countries to war for what? That guy over there? He looked like our Kas, yeah, and that knight looked like Harry, but they don't act like them, you know? They couldn't be more different. Our Kas would never fake his own death so that he can kill some royals and start a war. Harry... I didn't care for him at first, but he's selfless. He's a jerk, sure, but he always does the right thing.

"Xun is Xun, though. I've asked around and there is no one here who can own up to being friends with him. He's been going to school here for years and nobody knows a thing about him. The guy here acts just like the one from over there, and if that guy was willing to kill people because his masters told him to?"
                              Armada Status

Comment

Greystone:
                                [Jack Rexroth]

"Dale," Jack said coolly, "still not drinking?"

He had figured the man would presume him to be another world's version of himself. It was a good guess. The man looked as though he'd seen a ghost. "Tell me you're some other world's Jack Rexroth, because if I find out that my son ended up in some place like this..."
                                "Of his own free will." Jack said cutting his father off. "I'll fill you in later but watch my back?" He knew he was asking a lot, but given the sheer numbers of people here Jack realized that he was going to need backup.

Comment

Working...
                                X