Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #22: You Bet Your Life

PANDORA (Ganze, Jack, Locus; NPCs: Adversary, Black Ice, Blackguard, Caballero, Chen Lei, Cleave x3, Confectionery, Erudite, Ironside, Maurice, Paragon, Stendhal, Therianthrophe, Tristan, Vociferant, Wight, Womack, Zehrili)
    "Perhaps someone among the senors or senoras has a way to with some chalk?"

A thin man started to laugh, only to trail off as Ganze offered over some newly transmuted rocks. "Oh... you're serious."

"Calcium Carbonate," Ganze said, "chalk. She gave the briefest glance at the Spaniard who first spoke. "Mien povers allow me to synzesize compounds unt chemicals. I am Ganze. Zough zat name is more ironic now zan anyzink else."

"It matters pretty much not at all about a timeline of when we were sent here," the thin man said. "All that matters is what we do now. Besides, if you're really concerned rattle it all off--I'll remember and be able to tell you whenever you ask. My memory is... perfect."

Chen Lei looked from him to Ganze. "You'll forgive me for not understand the meaning of your name... but I respect those abilities of yours." Turning back to the thin man, he nodded. "Maybe such information won't matter in the overall scheme of things, but it seems to me that there is a lot of confusion here. Having any answers will help to ease everyone. I presume that this world is secure--that we're condemned to stay here forever. If that's the case, we're going to need to begin working together. We'll need to establish shelter from the elements, a source of water, find food... Many of these things, I suspect several of us are easily capable of... but what about medicine for those who need it? What about those of us who require corrective lenses?

"If we take the time to perform a census, we can calm everyone's nerves while also finding out what roles each of us is best suited to performing.

"For instance, if we can find those with the ability to fly or move swiftly, we should have them sweep the area to make sure there are no threats to us. Granted, given our numbers, I don't anticipate there would be much that could harm us... but what if there is another group like us somewhere else on this world?"

TOKYO, CAFETERIA (Lex and Martin; NPCs: Gaspar)
    "Riiight, because Talleywhacker is totally on the level," Gaspar said. "Didn't you say that they erased a woman's mouth? Didn't they nearly kill Beatrice? Didn't they get some guy to start shooting up Vienna University? Whatever their goals, they clearly don't care what they have to do to accomplish them. If Xun is one of them, do we really just want to let him do whatever until it's too late to stop him?"

Lex wasn't paying attention: his mind was on a girl half a world away. It had taken him some effort, but he had finally been able to--briefly--touch Kirstie before her powers flung him away. For Lex, it was cause for celebration; for Kirstie, it was a catalyst to put up more walls. The last few days, she'd been giving him one-word replies to his texts and his calls went to voice mail.

OUBLIETTE-333 (Dennis; NPCs: Derryl, Gregaro, Haley, Jessica, John, Montana, Otso)
    Otso raised an eyebrow at that. "No," he said. "Why would we?"

Dennis explained and Otso shrugged. "I get the feeling that... if that is the case, then he'll have been there the whole time--not just begin to show up. These are fixed moments that we-"

The wall of Haley's office exploded. As the dust began to clear, Dennis looked up, only to see Jack and his father, towering over them. "Go ahead, son," Therianthrope said. "Kill them all. Make me proud."

Jack threw back his head and unleashed a stream of flames that immolated Haley on the spot.

LIBRARY (Harry, Violet; NPCs: Lexus, Rose)
    "Or maybe they just weren't..." Rose grinned slyly as she continued to slowly rub her foot up and down Harry's leg. "...Properly stimulated?"

NVAE (Jack; NPCs: Randy)
    Randy nodded slowly. "Mister Carmichael just has me thinkin' 'bout my family."
    Armada Status

Comment

Imago
      HP: 3

Well, Jack's dad was a psychopath. And Jack's clone had to play along. Which made things a problem. So far, just being on the planet when the shift occurred wasn't an issue. Would actually being killed change that?

On one hand, Dennis didn't want to take the chance. On the other, loops turning death meaningless or not, Dennis did not want to just abandon the Survivors like a self-preserving coward. There was a middle ground.

Which was Dennis making a horde of illusionary duplicates descend on Greystone and Therianthrope on all sides, before the Esper turned to retreat. "Let's go!"
      Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
      Crinoverse - Avengers
      Crinoverse - Young Avengers
      Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
      Crinoverse - Time After Time
      Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
      Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
      Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
        [Jack Rexroth]
        HP: 1

Randy nodded slowly. "Mister Carmichael just has me thinkin' 'bout my family."
        Jack gave a quick nod of understanding as he'd had similar thoughts himself. "I know what you mean, family sucks sometimes."

Comment

OUBLIETTE-333 (Dennis; NPCs: Derryl, Gregaro, Haley, Jessica, John, Montana, Otso)
          A battle began--one between the Rexroth family and Dennis' legion of illusions. Montana gathered everyone around her and teleported them to just outside the office... where Argus was waiting for them.

Argus towered over the building. He looked down on Dennis and the Survivors like they were gnats. His eyes glowed with that eerie, blue hue as he rose a metal boot up and brought it down on all of them.

Dennis woke up in his bed at the school. It was another nightmare. Since his trip to the Survivor's universe, he'd had it often. Sometimes, it was Chen Lei impaling them all on black spikes. Other times, it was Kas or Gaspar or Violet who did them all in. It didn't matter who it was--the outcome was always the same: someone killed him.

Randy made a face. "If you had to do it over again... given everything your da did... and everything we know now about Pandora... do you think you could...?"

Randy left the question hanging, but Jack knew what he was asking: did Jack have it in him to kill his father for what he'd done?
          Armada Status

Comment

Greystone:
            [Jack Rexroth]

Randy made a face. "If you had to do it over again... given everything your da did... and everything we know now about Pandora... do you think you could...?"

Randy left the question hanging, but Jack knew what he was asking: did Jack have it in him to kill his father for what he'd done?
            Jack didn't answer right away, there was a flood of thoughts that were running through his mind. "Honestly? I don't know." Jack sighed, the sound carried with deep weight within it. "He's done a lot of stuff that he deserved to go to Pandora, but if he were to somehow get out and live a quiet life I'd leave him be. If he didn't then I think it'd be my responsibility to make sure he couldn't do it anymore."

Comment

"My da was one of the people Siegfried hired t'attack the city. He did it t'try an' get t'me. I don't get all of it, but there was some sort of magic he did to make his powers stronger by sacrificing my wee sisters.

"He won't stop 'til he gets me an' my uncle... or if he dies.

"He's too smart t'attack the school... but I'm worried about what will happen once the semester ends. Most of the students will go home. I imagine he's watchin'--biddin' his time... When he sees most of the heavy hitters leave..."
              Armada Status

Comment

Imago

The nightmares weren't once every night, but Dennis felt that it came very close. At this point, he wasn't sure if he was still appearing there, or it was all just figments of his imagination. Dennis stumbled over to the nearest bathroom and splashed water on his face.

The eyes that looked back were ringed, weary, and just not his.

Not being quite sure what was really happening or not - this was the most ironic and worst situation for an illusionist to be in. Dennis couldn't go to class. Not like this. Not with Steven 'Little Bastard' Murphy.

Therapist. School councilor. Headmasters. One of the above - Dennis needed a shrink type, the Swiss had to admit, and he needed one fast. Breakfast, then find one. Or was it too late for breakfast?
                Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                Crinoverse - Avengers
                Extreme Unction

Comment

NVAE (Dennis)
                  Though there were only hot meals at certain hours, the cafeteria always had cold stuff available: fresh fruit, pre-made salads, cold cuts and things to make sandwiches... There was always something on hand for the students.

As the sun began to rise, Dennis made his way down the hall, and found Doctor Yavorshak refilling the Keurig topping her file cabinet.
                  Armada Status

Comment

Ganze

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
                    PANDORA (Ganze, Jack, Locus; NPCs: Adversary, Black Ice, Blackguard, Caballero, Chen Lei, Cleave x3, Confectionery, Erudite, Ironside, Maurice, Paragon, Stendhal, Therianthrophe, Tristan, Vociferant, Wight, Womack, Zehrili)
                    "For instance, if we can find those with the ability to fly or move swiftly, we should have them sweep the area to make sure there are no threats to us. Granted, given our numbers, I don't anticipate there would be much that could harm us... but what if there is another group like us somewhere else on this world?"

"Jus' ourselves." Jeannette says darkly. But her scientist's mind was already working the problem over. "Unt information is never a bad zink. For instance, vere ve appeared in ze clearing could not haf been random. Perhaps it gifs clues to vhich multiverse ve are from? Zose zat appeared near us might share un common history. Could ease relations. I seemed to appear a vays avay unt I already noticed a difference in zose zat vould oszervise be familiar to me. Or perhaps zere is a temporal component to it? More knowledge might ultimately lead us to cracking unt reversing ze process." She shrugs a shoulder fluidly. "Never know."

She turns to Admiral Chen.

"I recommend un interview unt organizational process. I offer to conduct it. Or I can begin construction of medical supplies unt medicines. I zas a biochemist, geneticist, unt doctor vhere I came from."
                    She'd always found it easier to be of use to those in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
                      TOKYO, CAFETERIA (Lex and Martin; NPCs: Gaspar)
                      "Riiight, because Talleywhacker is totally on the level," Gaspar said. "Didn't you say that they erased a woman's mouth? Didn't they nearly kill Beatrice? Didn't they get some guy to start shooting up Vienna University? Whatever their goals, they clearly don't care what they have to do to accomplish them. If Xun is one of them, do we really just want to let him do whatever until it's too late to stop him?"
                      Martin sighed. "Zere ees no more Laputa." he said emphatically. "Do you really feel 'bugging' a fellow classmate is worth that betrayal? I may be able to recover but it still 'urts when my squishy bits are found and injured. What eef I just tail 'im one night?"

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                        HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex glances up from his notebook where he's still working on his music ideas. His lunch was completely ignored, and as he glances up it becomes apparent that not only is Lex exhausted but somewhat depressed.

He frowns, looks back down at his book, then closes it and sets his pen down.

"Why him?" Lex asks, "Obviously something about this guy is bugging you."

"I don't think it's just because he was evil in another dimension. So was Kas. And that blue guy."

Comment

Imago

Dennis swiped a ham sandwich and a bowl of egg salad as his repast. "Doctor... you got some time?"
                          Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                          Crinoverse - Avengers
                          Extreme Unction

Comment

Violet Lear

"Oh bollux."
                            Violet laughed at Harry's assessment. "Napoleon was a greedy Frenchman who trudged his way around Europe bullying continentals until he get his comeuppance against a proper British commander."

"If you think about it, there are a lot of parallels with Hitler."

Comment

Greystone:
                              [Jack Rexroth]

"My da was one of the people Siegfried hired t'attack the city. He did it t'try an' get t'me. I don't get all of it, but there was some sort of magic he did to make his powers stronger by sacrificing my wee sisters.

"He won't stop 'til he gets me an' my uncle... or if he dies.

"He's too smart t'attack the school... but I'm worried about what will happen once the semester ends. Most of the students will go home. I imagine he's watchin'--biddin' his time... When he sees most of the heavy hitters leave..."
                              “Have you talked to anyone on the staff about this?” Jack asked. He wished he had better advice for Randy. “They might have an idea or two on how to handle the situation.” Honestly Jack couldn’t believe he was the one to suggest this course of action, but he didn’t think it would be a good idea for any of the students to go looking for Robor if what he’d heard from Fiore about the older man was accurate - he was on a mission, something religious almost, and those kind of guys were dangerous. Hell, Dale hadn’t ever been big on religion but he was zealot when it had come to getting Laputa’s business taken care of.

But if Randy was considering going after his dad he’d likely want help, and Jack wouldn’t let him go it alone. “If you want to go that route, that is. However you’d want to handle it is your choice and I’ll back you no matter what.”

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
                                Cnd: Fine

Otso did a spit-take at his father's words. "Dad! I.. We.." He was beat-red as he grabbed some paper to clean up his mess, eyes downcast as he was too embarassed to look his father in the eye. "We haven't... I mean we've talked... Not that we're gonna... Not that we don't want to... Just not yet..."

Finally out of excuses to busy himself with, Otso slowly raised his head, his face still red as he muttered in embarassment: "We'll be safe."
                                Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Working...
                                X