Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #21: Double Dare

Greystone:
    [Jack Rexroth]
    HP: 2

Overcoming the initial shock of seeing his own doppelganger, Greystone moved to focus on the task at hand. This Jack Rexroth was a year or two his senior. His hair was longer; if he let it down, it likely would have hung past his shoulders. His clothes were ill-fitting, and likely pilfered.

The first thing he looked to was the source of this other Jack's power. He didn't see what he saw when he looked at Dag: this Jack had never eaten a golden apple, it seemed. That was a relief; now there was no fear that this version of Jack could make them, despite their disguises.

He was unharmed, which wasn't surprising. What was truly odd was his mood. Looking at him, Greystone realized that more than anger or rage, his doppelganger was somehow anxious--almost hopeful...
    'It's him." Jack said with a relieved, quiet tone to Fluxx. "We've got the prime." He added over the communicator so that Imago would know as well. The American wasn't exactly sure why his double was anxiously hopeful about being at the Castellon Refinery, though the fact that he was here planning his next attack for whatever end game he had in mind was likely the reason. "Do we stick with following him or do we try talking to him?"

Comment

Violet Lear
      HP: 1

"It does sound iffy when you put it that way."
      Violet shrugged. "But it depends on the power doesn't it? People ask me to make their drinks cold. Mart- wait, Fluxx heals people all the time. Current even charged my phone once."

"Now that I've been in there, I don't think exploring your maze would be all that worrisome. Who knows, it might even be fun."
      Violet's eyes twinkled as she thought about it. "We could have maze races. Or play hide and seek. You could do so much more with it than just catch bad guys."

Comment

CAFETERIA (Lex; NPCs: Doug)
        "Maybe get him a planter?"

LONDON ENERGY'S CASTELLÓN REFINERY (Fluxx, Greystone; NPCs: Other Jack)
        Originally posted by Michuru81
        Holding.
        LONDON ENERGY'S CASTELLÓN REFINERY (Magnitude, Shiver; NPCs: Blue Knight, Fach, Hall, Maze, Niloticus, Parabola)
        "I just worry about what could happen," Maze said. "You remember your first day at the school? What happened to me? What I became?" Her eyes went to her Welsh classmate. "You understand it better than the others--the voices? The ones telling you that you're not good enough? The ones that tell you to give in... When you do, a monster takes over. I become... that thing you saw that day. The thing that almost killed Mister Benson.

"There's a monster inside of me, Shiver, and we don't know where people go when they enter my maze. What if they're inside of me? What if I'm putting people where the monster is?"
        Armada Status

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
          HP: 3

"So if I've got a split copy," Imago quietly asked back over the line, "do I wait and monitor?"

OOC
          Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
          Crinoverse - Avengers
          Crinoverse - Young Avengers
          Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
          Crinoverse - Time After Time
          Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
          Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
          Extreme Unction

Comment

Violet Lear
            HP: 2

"You didn't have a problem leaving us in there for this trip."
            Violet raised her voice a little. If Ellen was so concerned, why was that OK? "It was a couple hours right? And we didn't see anything in there. Nothing."

"
            Look..."
            Her voice softened. "I'm not saying you have to. It's your powers. But maybe don't be so afraid of them. Fear is the path to the dark side and all that, right?"
            Last edited by Shock; 26th January 2016, 07:52 PM.

Comment

"Imago, follow yours, we don't know what they are up to. Original Recipe and I will follow Prime, try to suss out what the end game is. Engage only if immanent danger or threat. I'll call the Hall monitor to apprise him of the situation."

[Martin either switches comm frequencies or actively calls to report the situation to the MI Agent.]
              Patricia will follow, her inspection route happening to coincide with O.J.'s movements. She calls and tells Hall and advises caution until they knew more. If O.J. bothered to create a clone and not just attacking our right, he had a goal other than just terrorism and panic. Maybe looking for something, maybe a subtler sabotage. They needed to know.

"Stay downwind, I will do the same. There's enough Sulphur in crude to mask casual rather than active scenting but let's not take chances." Fluxx warns.

Comment

SOUTHEASTERN SHORE OF LAKE CONSTANCE (Fluxxish, Ursa; NPCs: Impasse, Vestige)
                "Does Jack even have to eat?" Impasse asked, looking around at the campsite. "I don't know if such a creature exists, but I presume that somewhere out there in this zast cosmos, there must exist some sort of... worm or something that cycles its own bodily secretions for the sustenance."

Vestige made a face. "Eww."

"I'm just saying, is it outside of the realm of possibility that Jack needs to eat, drink, or use the bathroom?"

A wind poured through the trees, rolled over them, and sprinted across the lake, carrying it with it Jack's scent. He was close by--watching them unseen. Worst, Ursa realized, if he was here, he had just heard Viktor evoke his name.

LONDON ENERGY'S CASTELLÓN REFINERY (Fluxx, Greystone; NPCs: Other Jack)
                As they followed their target from a distance, it became apparent to Fluxx and Greystone that the doppelganger was looking to find his way about the facility. He was looking for something specific, they both realized...

Soon, he paused, and Greystone saw relief in the other Jack's aura. Whatever it was he was looking for, he had found it.

Though Greystone didn't understand what they were looking at, Fluxx did: they were looking at the crude oil tanks--were the oil was stored before being pumped to the boilers, where the impurities would be removed before traveling to the distillation tower--where Greystone had joined him. From there, the oil would travel to one of several places where different byproducts could be harvested.

Whatever this man wanted, he wanted it from the source.

Fluxx thought back to the attack on Germany. It was the crude oil tanks that had been attacked. It made no sense: if this man's goal was destruction, there were better places to accomplish that here. Oil refineries employed hydrogen fluoride to initiate the chemical reaction that yielded high-octane petroleum. Hydrogen fluoride were released into the air, it would kill everyone who lived near the refinery.

The other Jack made no move beyond reaching up and letting his hair down, brushing it to drop down around his head.

Originally posted by Michuru81
                A DC 15 Sense Motive check from Jack?
                LONDON ENERGY'S CASTELLÓN REFINERY (Imago; NPCs: Other Jack)
                On the orders of someone he'd only met earlier this afternoon, Imago followed the other Jack to a tangle of pipes running parallel with the ground from one tower to several different facilities. Making his way through the area, the doppelganger made his way towards a valve...

LONDON ENERGY'S CASTELLÓN REFINERY (Magnitude, Shiver; NPCs: Blue Knight, Fach, Hall, Maze, Niloticus, Parabola)
                "You didn't have a problem leaving us in there for this trip." Shiver raised her voice a little. "It was a couple hours right? And we didn't see anything in there. Nothing."

"Because I'm with Jack!" Maze snapped.

The others cast her looks ranging from surprise to amusement. Maze immediately turned a deep shade of crimson. "Those voices? They would tell me that I was..." She sighed. "You wouldn't understand it." She glared at Parabola and Fach. "None of you know what it's like to be... Look, all three of you? You're pretty. You don't have frizzy hair and you don't have to worry about smiling and showing off your big teeth. You have Lex. You had Gaspar, and now Martin." She looked at Parabola and Fach in turn before looking back at Shiver. "And you... You practically have boys tripping over themselves to get to you. I know I'm not pretty. Bloody hell, the first boy who ever asked me out ended up joining a terrorist cell to get out of going on a second date with me. That's how bad it is.

"I didn't ever think anyone could ever love me. Hell, my own father couldn't love me enough to stick around..." Maze shuddered then. "The first man who was supposed to love me bailed. That's what the voices use to tell me: my daddy set the standard for everyone else. No one could ever love me. I was wretched. I was hideous. I was a monster.

"And then along came Jack, and suddenly... I can't hear those voices so well anymore. That's why I didn't have a problem with doing it now: Jack makes me feel... He makes me feel loved...

"And I am terrified of what will happen to me if this little caper doesn't pan out."
                Armada Status

Comment

Fluxx thought back to the attack on Germany. It was the crude oil tanks that had been attacked. It made no sense: if this man's goal was destruction, there were better places to accomplish that here. Oil refineries employed hydrogen fluoride to initiate the chemical reaction that yielded high-octane petroleum. Hydrogen fluoride were released into the air, it would kill everyone who lived near the refinery.

Patricia/Fluxx surreptitiously watched OJ trying to piece what the older Jack was doing. Beneath her/his sunglasses her/his eyes narrowed.

"This makes no sense. If he wanted to hurt people he'd go for the Hydrogen Floride, H-F," Patricia says after clicking her frequency to include everyone within range, "that gas treats crude oil but if released into the air turns into hydroflouric acid on contact with any water or water-based life-forms, everyone will die. But Prime is just... fixing his hair?" Fluxx says, a bit baffled.

Comment

Imago

A valve. Was that a sign to move in or not? "Fluxx, Greystone, the Split J is heading for a valve. Is this a stop him moment?"

OOC
                    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                    Crinoverse - Avengers
                    Extreme Unction

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                      HP: 1 CND: Fatigued

Lex slams a fist into his open palm, "Of course, that's it, we'll get him a..."

His expression slowly changes from determination to confusion, "Wait, a planter?"

Comment

No matter what it was it couldn't be good. "Stop him. I'm calling for the team. Grey, intercept Prime."

Fluxx called for reinforcements centered on both his and Imago's own GPS.

Comment

Imago
                          COND: Unharmed

Well, there it was. "On it."

Imago stepped out from his hiding spot and tossed a cloud of sparkling lights, which fire-cracker burst and roared around the OJ Clone. Better to tilt the odds against a presumably scrappy fighter from the start.

OOC
                          Surprise attack!

Perception Dazzle [Visual & Auditory Sense Types] -- Reflex DC 18 to avoid, Will at same to recover later.

Initiative [forum is being wonky with the usual link tags] - 18
                          http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=111718
                          Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                          Crinoverse - Avengers
                          Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
                            [Jack Rexroth]
                            HP: 1 (-1 for re-roll)

As they followed their target from a distance, it became apparent to Fluxx and Greystone that the doppelganger was looking to find his way about the facility. He was looking for something specific, they both realized...

Soon, he paused, and Greystone saw relief in the other Jack's aura. Whatever it was he was looking for, he had found it.

Though Greystone didn't understand what they were looking at, Fluxx did: they were looking at the crude oil tanks--were the oil was stored before being pumped to the boilers, where the impurities would be removed before traveling to the distillation tower--where Greystone had joined him. From there, the oil would travel to one of several places where different byproducts could be harvested.

Whatever this man wanted, he wanted it from the source.

The other Jack made no move beyond reaching up and letting his hair down, brushing it to drop down around his head.
                            Jack watched his double do something he remembered doing when he lived on the street, it was something he did to hide a shift that would otherwise alarm people. Something he was pretty sure his double was doing right now, but what was his shifting? His nose? his eyes. Jack moved to get a better view and realized that OJ was covering his ears, and then it clicked for him. OJ was working with a partner, one that had the same powers as him and the same inventiveness. Jack was willing to bet that they were going to use ultrasonics to signal one another for whatever they had planned.

Originally posted by Fluxx
                            Patricia/Fluxx surreptitiously watched OJ trying to piece what the older Jack was doing. Beneath her/his sunglasses her/his eyes narrowed.

"This makes no sense. If he wanted to hurt people he'd go for the Hydrogen Floride, H-F," Patricia says after clicking her frequency to include everyone within range, "that gas treats crude oil but if released into the air turns into hydroflouric acid on contact with any water or water-based life-forms, everyone will die. But Prime is just... fixing his hair?" Fluxx says, a bit baffled.
                            "He's not trying to hurt people, just the refinery." Jack answered, recalling that Hall told them all of those injured at the other refineries were because of the damage done to the machines used at them. "I think he's waiting on a preplanned signal from the dupe."

Originally posted by Imago
                            A valve. Was that a sign to move in or not? "Fluxx, Greystone, the Split J is heading for a valve. Is this a stop him moment?"
                            Originally posted by Fluxx
                            No matter what it was it couldn't be good. "Stop him. I'm calling for the team. Grey, intercept Prime."
                            "On it." Jack said as he moved towards his double, no longer worried about not being seen as his camouflage couldn't keep up and he become visible. He announced his presence to OJ with a fist.

OOC:

Re-rolled Sense Motive Check: _: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 =23.

Melee Attack: _: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 =20, well that would hit Jack so I'll assume it will OJ as well. It'd be a Toughness DC 23.

Shapeshift Set Up [20/35 pts]:
                            Chameleon Skin [2 pts]: Concealment 4 (Flaw: Blending)
                            Dragon Scales: [3 pts] Protection 3
                            Increased Muscle Mass [10 pts]: Enhanced Strength 10
                            Sensitive Nose [4 pts]: Super-Senses 4 [Olfactory (Analytical, Extended, Tracking Scent 2)]
                            Snake Eyes [1 pt]: Senses 1 [Infravision]

Edit: It'd probably be a good idea to have this too. Initiative: _: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 =5 .... well guess I'm even for that natural 20 earlier.
                            Last edited by Tattooedman; 27th January 2016, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
                              HP: 1
                              Cnd: Fine

Otso froze immediately as he caught the scent, his eyes darting from left to right as he tried to find the other Jack. "Everyone stop. That includes you, Jack Rexroth.

He slowly lifted his empty hands into the air to try to ease their unseen guest. We're here to talk, we don't want anyone to get hurt anymore than you do. That's what you've been doing at the refineries, targeting the machines instead of the innocent civilians, right? You're one of the good guys, just like us. I'm here to tell you that you don't have all the information, you're lost in an alternate dimension. Lets talk, share info and help each other out."
                              Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Fluxx
                                HP 2

Assuming sending the call for the others didn't take the whole of the time, Fluxx likewise closed on who was assumed to be OJ Prime, though on his other side, given that he breathed fire. Shifting to his normal form bearing a Vindicator's uniform. Lacking one hand, his grappling skills would be sorely impacted (though given their opponent could sprout spikes grappling and engulfing were contraindicated).

What their Jack said about O.J. not wanting to hurt people gave Fluxx pause though. He figured he'd give the young man a chance. "Jack Rexroth, stand down by order of ze Vindicators."

Comment

Working...
                                X