Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
    HP: 2
    Cnd: Fine

Otso fixed Napoleon, Driscoll and Kas each with a level gaze in turn. <<"Enough.">>

"We take the three of them to the headmasters, right?"
    He motioned his head towards the two other agents outside.
    Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #21: Double Dare

Magnitude
      Kasimir Flaegler
      HP 3

Tapping his helm Kas points out to Otso; "This is not necessarily over yet mein freund. They may still haf measures in place in kase their frontal assault failed."

"We are still under threat...let us not behafe as if we are safe quite yet, ja?"
      Last edited by Horsenhero; 18th December 2015, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Ursa

Otso frowned as he looked to the burned and unconscious British agent. Probably for the best though, the pain was sure to be excruciating. "I'd ask him whether we could talk this matter through but you just had the delusional French kid try to burn his face off."

He looked down at his unfortunately damaged civilian clothes. He hadn't imagined transforming this morning when he got dressed. "I don't have my comm on me to even try whether it was still down."

Comment

Magnitude
          Kasimir Flaegler
          HP 3

Kas nodded at Otso's outrage and then shrugged. "Belief it or not, you are not the only one who questioned why they kould not simply haf approached us openly. He informed us that we are an untrustworthy hive of murderers und thugs...I am paraphrasing here...und we needed to allow him und his kohorts to spirit Jack away or we would be killed."

"Once subdued, he repeated his threats, going so far as to say his employer would mark us all for death if we resisted. We resisted anyway."

"Apparently you share his opinion uf the rest uf us. I imagine we are all quite fortunate you are here to be the voice uf reason. Und I did not haf the delusional french kid burn his face off. I merely informed herr Napoleon that this gentleman threatened to kill him, und permitted our royal guest to express his displeasure as he saw fit."

"Konsidering this man threatened efery student on this kampus with death, I would say he got off lightly."

Comment

Ursa

Otso gave Kas a level look. "Personally, the novelty of death threats wore off a few iterations ago. I'm not arguing whether this man is an idiot, in so many definitions of the word, we both know the answer to that question."

He shifted his gaze to Napoleon for a moment. "When I said delusional I was referring to 'leon's 'Might makes right' mentality. It's right up there with 'The ends justify the means' but that's also not my point."

Otso returned his full focus back to Kas, completely forgetting that most of the subtle cues like this were lost on his blind compatriot. "On the tragically long list of adversaries this school has come across, the British intelligence is one where I imagine there could be some shadow of a chance, however slim, for us to actually talk these things through."

He raised his massive furry hand to halt any arguments. "Now I know you just said this man said we shouldn't bother trying to talk, the other guy out there said much the same. I offer this counter-proposal: We should try anyway. What you're doing here with 'leon? You're escalating this whole thing. Yes, I know they did it first but 'He started it' is a five-year old's defense. Sooner or later, somewhere down the line us and them are gonna have to sit down and talk anyway. Why don't we just cut to the chase, past the bullshit and bloodshed and start right there? So far, none of the students have gotten hurt, have they? We start this fight and no one, not you, not me and not them have a prayer of knowing who will get hurt."

Comment

Martin Had been in the middle of repairing Oates when the student started to shamelessly and lethally attack a restrained opponent. Luckily Otso got there. But Kasimir was just calmly standing by, and worse, as Martin heard upon coming over, Kas instigated the attack, aiming this Napoleon kid, supposedly royalty, at Driscoll like a weapon.

"Get ze 'Ell away from 'im!" Martin says if the new kids hasn't desisted his attack yet. (If the boy doesn't seem to understand he'll note the boy's features and repeat in French: "<<Back off! We do not be'ave like savages 'ere.>>"

He interposes himself between the flaming kid and the Agent. Taking the burn himself if need be.

"<<Up until zis very attack zey were in ze wrong, but actions such as zis prove zeir stupidity justified.>>"

He'll proceed to repair Driscoll's face.

Comment

Magnitude
                Kasimir Flaegler
                HP 3

Kas shrugged at both Martin's and Otso's outrage, since he'd already moved Napoleon back away from Driscoll. Not to mention that both of them acting self-righteous bordered on the ludicrous. Otso was prone to going full-on psychotic if he thought Beatrice might be in danger, threatening to kill anyone and anything that even looked at her wrong, and Martin...

...well, how much moral high ground did a person who'd threatened to create Sarin gas in a public place, with an 'A' not an 'E', because that made it so much better, and who'd physically eaten his parents more or less, actually have?

He doubted Otso's assertion that the British Intelligence Agency would have to speak to them as well. They would be required to do no such thing if they didn't want to. Government agencies could pretty much just give you the finger at will. Would the British have to speak with the Austrians? Sure, because the school would have to turn the MI-18 operatives over to the Austrian government. The school didn't have any sort of authority, real or implied to hold government agents prisoner, especially not from a government with a permanent seat on the UN Security Council, who could muck with their funding royally if they felt so inclined. No, the British only had to speak with them if they wanted to speak with them. Otherwise, they would cut a deal with the Austrians and their men would go home to lick their wounds and plot anew.

As of this moment the British agents were not all that important, but the attacks on London Petroleum were far more than a matter he should look into because national pride. Somebody was trying to frame Jack... and unfortunately, circumstances being what they were, that wasn't that difficult to do. It was now doubly important they find this criminal and publicly apprehend them to clear Jack's name. The easiest thing to do...and among the first things someone would suggest...would be to take Beatrice to the scene of the crime and have her 'take a look'. Kas was hesitant to make the suggestion because one day, that was going to get Beatrice killed. Jack's father had already attempted it once and the more they exposed Beatrice to danger the more it was going to happen. One day someone was going to succeed if they weren't a touch more judicious about utilizing the French girl's talents.

No, the best way to approach this was the good old fashioned way...do the legwork. They needed to get in contact with London petroleum and see if they could get a meeting with their head of corporate security. They needed to see if there had been any recent threats...deemed credible or not...to their operations. They needed to have the meeting at a neutral site, where both parties felt secure. Jack needed to be present to convince them that despite appearances, he wasn't the culprit. Then they needed to start eliminating suspects...starting he imagined, with Martin's sister. Sure, she was off the grid, but he would bet money Martin had a way to contact her. If Elle wasn't the mastermind, maybe she could get them in contact with Tallemaja? The pair had been thick as thieves when Tallemaja gutted Beatrice. Perhaps they still were? Then there was Dante'. He could use magic to change his physical structure, so maybe that same magic could change his form? Kas knew next to nothing of magic, so until someone told him otherwise... Dante' was a suspect. Speaking of magic and shapeshifters...what about the Tharivols? An older brother could change into a rhino, Mario could change into an elephant, the youngest could change into a slow loris and their mother, Dr. Talley could change into any animal. Perhaps there was a relation out there in the world that had developed the power even farther? A relative who could mix and match and take on human forms...the Tharivol version of Jack.

He would never remember all this and trying to write in braille was a tremendous pain in the butt. "Ach. I need an audio recorder."

Comment

Once Driscoll's face is restored Martin looks up. "Otso, I need your strengz. 'elp me get zis man out of 'ere. We'll turn 'im over to ze Administration wiz all ze ozer agents."

Comment

NVAE, FRONT LAWN (Dennis, Kas, Martin, Otso; NPCs: Driscoll, Hall, Napoleon, Oates, Rose)
                    Martin rolled his shoulder before bending down to examine the unconscious Oates, frowning. "No one deserves to be beaten unconscious like zis," he muttered as he began to heal him. As he did, an agonized cry was torn out of Driscoll. Looking over, Martin saw another new student, engulfed in flames, and burning the flesh off of the man's face.

"Stop it!" Otso roared, freeing Hall as he moved to intervene on Driscoll's behalf. "What the hell do you think you're doing!?!"

Likewise, Martin moved to intervene. "Get ze 'ell away from 'im!" he roared.

Kas gestured and used his powers to separate the exiled prince from the agent. <<"I believe he understands your displeasure your grace! We do need him alive though!">>

Martin worked to knit Driscoll's flesh back together. <<"Up until zis very attack zey were in ze wrong, but actions such as zis prove zeir stupidity justified.">>

<<"Enough,">> Otso growled to his classmates. Gesturing towards the other agents, he continued, "We take the three of them to the headmasters, right?"

"Four," Herta said, reappearing. "I took out one other on the western side of the girls' dorms. I've scoured the campus, and I believe that's all of them."

"This is not necessarily over yet mein freund," Kas told Otso. "They may still haf measures in place in kase their frontal assault failed. We are still under threat... Let us not behafe as if we are safe quite yet, ja?"

"Please!" Hall cried. He had sat up, but he had not moved from where Otso had left him. Moreover, he kept his hands together. "Your school is not under any threat, though I can certainly understand how you might arrive at that conclusion. We came to apprehend one student--Jack Rexroth. We have orders not to harm anyone else.

"Please, don't let this escalate any further than it has..."

"Belief it or not," Kas said to Otso, "you are not the only one who questioned why they kould not simply haf approached us openly." The helmeted hero looked towards Hall then, pointing to the unconscious Driscoll. "He informed us that we are an untrustworthy hive of murderers und thugs--I am paraphrasing here--und we needed to allow him und his kohorts to spirit Jack away, or we would be killed. Once subdued, he repeated his threats, going so far as to say his employer would mark us all for death if we resisted. We resisted anyway."

Otso frowned as he looked to the burned and unconscious British agent. "I'd ask him whether we could talk this matter through, but you just had the delusional French kid try to burn his face off."

"Apparently you share his opinion uf the rest uf us. I imagine we are all quite fortunate you are here to be the voice uf reason. Und I did not haf the delusional french kid burn his face off. I merely informed herr Napoleon that this gentleman threatened to kill him, und permitted our royal guest to express his displeasure as he saw fit.

"Konsidering this man threatened efery student on this kampus with death, I would say he got off lightly."

"Forgive me," Hall said, "but I am still willing to talk, if we can all agree to cool our heads."

On cue, Violet led Newton out of the main building. "I think that would be best," Newton said, a hint of agitation in his voice. "So, start talking."

Hall nodded. "My name is Matthew Hall, and I'm an agent of MI18, DMI's section on super-human affairs. Some time ago, an SPB attacked a refinery in England. We were called into investigate. A similar attack then occurred in the Netherlands and Sweden. Because of our investigation in the initial incident, we cooperated with all agencies involved in the case. Last night, Germany joined the list of afflicted countries, and cameras captured a glimpse of the attacker. It was Jack Rexroth.

"He didn't want to rule out that it could be a shapeshifter, but additional evidence came in. Given... certain factors, we had our apprehensions about coming to the school with what we had found. Our director filed an affidavit with the United Nations. The Department of SPB Affairs authorized us to extract Rexroth. Sir, we have a signed warrant from Director Colbenson."

Hall nodded to Driscoll. "Agent Driscoll's ability lets him track those who have taken a life. When we arrived, he was able to detect Rexroth, implying that our suspicions may have been correct. We are well aware of his background, and we know that he may have had to take a life to survive. Nevertheless, too much evidence points to him, and we have a duty. We wanted to avoid a battle with your students, so we waited until we could get him alone. Eventually, we sensed him in the dorms. Thermals suggested only three others near him, so we called it in and waited for authorization to move.

"As soon as it did, my partner and I waited outside, in case our suspect tried to flee. You can check our weapons: we were armed with tranquilizers. Not long after we moved into position, we were attacked by Herta. She quickly disabled Agent Oates. I was afraid for my partner's life and had lowered my weapon. That was when more of your students arrived. I attempted to explain, and a series of misunderstands occurred. Otso believed my intent was to make Jack disappear; I believed he was about to end my partner's life. I moved to cast a protective spell around us, but failed to do so.

"When Otso restrained me, I recognized that he truly did not intend to harm us. Rather than cause the situation to escalate, I elected to not resist... which... caused one of your students to bludgeon me with a giant hand and proceed to spit in my face. That was about when Agent Driscoll was flung through the window, bound with ice. Shortly thereafter, that boy moved to burn him."

Newton inhaled deep. "Your man threatened the kill the students."

"That is what your student alleges," Hall said, nodding. "As I said, their reaction is warranted, given the information they were dealing with. Given what I have observed, however, I question if there was any provocation."

"What happened to our communications?"

"Agent Walsh's ability disrupts signals. When we initiated our capture, we did not want Jack to be able to-"

"Call for help," growled Herta.

"Involve the other students," Hall said. "As I said, we were hoping to limit the involvement. Our goal was not to harm anyone..."

"And yet, your man zreatened to kill me!" Napoleon raged, the flames around him intensifying.

Hall looked to Newton. "Sir, I have no problems with continuing, however, I'm afraid that given the treatment I've already endured, I don't feel it best to speak before your students. As I said, I'm a magus." He looked to Martin. "I believe you've had some experience with us? I'll submit myself to let you bind my wrists, if it will make you all more comfortable."

NVAE, GIRLS' DORMS: HALLWAY (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
                    "So, my girlfriend feel like helping me go save the idiots who attacked the school?"

"You mean, does the girl who can't kiss you feel like helping you save the guys who took her daddy away?" She shrugged. "Personally, I say let Jack kill 'em all."

NVAE, GIRLS' DORMS: ELLEN'S ROOM (Jack; NPCs: Ellen)
                    Jack turned his attention back to Ellen. "You ok, darling?"

"Sure. I just, you know, had a government agent kick in my door to arrest the boy I'd just had sex with, then had a bunch of our classmates show up and see my boyfriend in his birthday suit. No problem.

"Seriously, I'll just die if my mum finds out about this."
                    Armada Status

Comment

Greystone:
                      [Jack Rexroth]
                      HP: 1
                      Condition: Bruised (x2)

"Sure. I just, you know, had a government agent kick in my door to arrest the boy I'd just had sex with, then had a bunch of our classmates show up and see my boyfriend in his birthday suit. No problem.

"Seriously, I'll just die if my mum finds out about this."
                      "Fair enough." Jack said as he gently squeezed Ellen closer to him. "It could have been worse; Driscoll could have took me outta here in my birthday suit." He sighed. "I'm pretty sure your mom would have liked that a lot less."

He looked up to the makeshift door for a moment then back to Ellen. "The door is fixable. The others will eventually forget seeing my Full Monte fighting show. We'll likely straighten out MI-18's issues with me....cause I know I didn't do whatever it is they're thinking I did. And I think as long as we don't say nothing to your mom then she won't know nothing about it." Jack pulls Ellen's face so that she is looking at him. "My point is that things will go back to normal."

Comment

Martin finishes his reconstruction of the Agent's face to the best of his ability, leaving every previously attained scar and imperfection intact.

"'Eadmaster, I observed Agent Driscoll zreaten to kill myself and Lex on a different occasion, I 'ave no doubts about 'is... zealotry. Now, I know what it's like to make zreats to try to get someone's compliance wiz no intention to actually carry out zose zreats, I'm sure Kasimir does as well. But Agent Driscoll's seemed sincere. Neverzeless, 'is injuries are restored, as are Agent Oates and 'All's, now I should see about zis last agent 'Erta 'as no doubt incapacitated wiz bludgeoning."

Martin asks the young speedster to show him to the last agent.
                        Last edited by flynnarrel; 21st December 2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
                          HP: 4

Dennis let out a sigh. They were angry, he was angry, but Kas and the others needed to tone it down - better to make it clear they were the victims here of governmental overreach.

And yeah. Colbenson. The woman, who, according to Current Events, had basically tossed America to the bigot wolves and legitimized abuses on Neos. Way to remind him of his old home already.

"If you had a warrant for all this, kinda funny that you omitted all this from earlier and just drag Jack off. What's so scary about him having a lawyer, huh?"

OOC
                          Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                          Crinoverse - Avengers
                          Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                          Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                          Crinoverse - Time After Time
                          Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                          Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                          Extreme Unction

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                            HP: 1 CND: Fatigued

"That's because you're a nice person," Lex shrugs, "Me? I'm mean and vindictive. I want to see them suffer when the administration changes and suddenly they get called to task for their actions."

He smiles and rubs his hands together,
                            "That will be a good day."

He sighs wishing he could leave it at that but obviously that wasn't going to be enough. And since he was fairly sure that the british spies wouldn't start killing people, at least now that the idiot with the glowing eyes had been literally thrown out, he was running out of excuses.

"This is the second time you've tried to dump me, by getting me to dump you, which I'm not going to do," He looked over at her, worried, "Talk to me, Kirstie. Why are you trying to get rid of me?"

Comment

Magnitude
                              Kasimir Flaegler
                              HP 3

Kas listened intently as the agent explained their actions and shook his head in disgust. Director Colbensen sounded like a real peach. Kas wanted to get on with what he'd been thinking about in class, but he had to be cautious about who was involved.

He would go to Ingolstadt. He would speak with witnesses and the authorities there. He would start his pursuit of whoever was behind these attacks. Now he had to pick a team...and hope they would cooperate. The Volunteers could look after Vienna whilst he was absent. The really didn't need him to lead them any longer anyway. Juozas seemed to be perfectly capable and Lexus had stepped naturally, despite all his protestations, into a deputy leader position without thinking. Backed by Armande, Herta, Buddy and Ellen, they were as formidable a fighting force as any that had yet been assembled. Directed by Oberleutnant Wetl, that fighting force could be a serious benefit to law enforcement. That allowed Kas to expand his theater of operations.

Rubbing his chin, he began to tally the abilities of his fellow students and came to a couple decisions. He didn't know the new student very well...not at all really...they had no classes together and it wasn't like a blind person could assist an illusionist in refining their abilities, so they participated in zero Wreck Room exercises together. Still, if they wanted to investigate unobserved, a cloak of illusion couldn't hurt.

Jack would be necessary, especially if the individual in question possessed Jack's full suite of abilities and since Jack could look like...not Jack, he didn't have to worry about creating a panic. A speedster was something Kas was becoming terribly fond of having around, but the Volunteers would need Herta and currently Napoleon was more a liability than an asset...but Lex had arrived with Martin and Lex was a speedster. He would ask Lex...and Kirstie. Kirstie needed to get out and about to shake off her depression. The combat with Driscoll was the second time he'd been close enough to observe Violet and despite any initial reservations he might have had...apparently heat subtraction was an awesome ability in the right hands.

So...if everyone agreed, himself, Dennis, Jack, Lex, Violet and Kirstie. Six teens shouldn't draw an undue amount of attention and Dennis should be able to conceal any activities that might.

Turning toward the illusionist, Kas cleared his throat; "Dennis, might I haf a moment uf your time?"

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
                                HP: 4

Dennis tilted his head before moving over to join Kasmir, prince of the Academy. Metaphorically, as opposed to the obnoxious dimension-lost Napoleon.

"You rang, Herr Kommissar?"

OOC
                                Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                                Crinoverse - Avengers
                                Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                                Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                                Crinoverse - Time After Time
                                Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                                Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                                Extreme Unction

Comment