Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #21: Double Dare

Martin winced as the glass shattered. It certainly made a statement. "Shall I?" he offers and steps into the room, giving Tatjana's hand a squeeze and reassuring her that he'd be back.

He gathers what broken glass he could and reforms the pane, lengthening his hands and running them like 3-D printers over the broken structure, restoring it. It's imperfect, and hazy in some spots, but it'll seal out the elements at least. He tests that it opens and closes. "I should check to see if the folk on the lawn need any assistance."

As he walks past Driscoll he considers trying to drag the man but it would take someone of Jack's adjusted strength to move man and ice and metal clothing. "Zis really was poorly executed. Oh, and it's pronounced 'sarin gas' wiz an 'A'." he says before walking away from the man, ignoring any curses or threats.

He walks up to the group on the lawn. "'Ello, any assistance I can render?" he says to the mess of people, nodding to Otso and looking to the new student he hadn't met yet.

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
      HP: 4

"Nah, we got them good." Dennis assured Martin, before spitting into the face of Hall. "Damn MI-18 thinks just because Jack's daddy was in Laputa and he's had to kill means he's a terrorist and has to be subject to rendition. Apparently, the idea of talking to the Austrian government and bringing a warrant never occurred to them."

OOC
      Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
      Crinoverse - Avengers
      Crinoverse - Young Avengers
      Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
      Crinoverse - Time After Time
      Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
      Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
      Extreme Unction

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
        HP: 1 CND: Fatigued

Lex raises a hand, "You might not want to..."

He watches Jack hurl the man out the window and sighs. As the others all wander off he continues to loiter.

"Funny thing? I thought I was the angry violent one," He notes to Kirstie.

He grins,
        "Hey pretty lady. How's it going?"

Comment

Magnitude
          Kasimir Flaegler
          HP 3

When Jack hurled Driscoll through the window, Kas dove after him.

"Nein!"

Bringing his power to bear, he caught the man in the block of ice before he hit the ground, then he landed gently.

"Herr Driscoll, I haf listened to eferything you haf to say, und I am...disgusted. I vill be headink to Ingolstadt to kondukt mein own investigation into the kriminal aktifity on mein natif soil. I shall also be kontakting mein mater und the Austrian government about you. While the Austrian government kannot enforce any laws on UN property, you and yours haf kaused quite a ruckus und I doubt you gained permission uf the Austrian's to carry out this assault on a UN kompound they are responsible for."

"I am goink to haf a konversation mit your direktor, und I sincerely doubt she is goink to like what I haf to say...but belief me when I tell you...I vill follow through on any threat I may make, und your agency? MI-18 was it? Your agency vill be haffing to worry about far worse than Jack Rexroth...und if you think Jack has killed...wait until I finish with your little gang uf government thugs. You will be elefen players short uf a cricket team...assuming we kannot kome to an akkord. I haf a young lady I know who kan enter dreams, und I shall haf her do so to one uf you whom I render unconscious. She vill identify efery agent that man knows, then I shall send an email to efery foreign service I kan think uf hostile to the British government, und let them make use uf those identities as they please. Sure...you may be able to protekt the agents themselves, but what uf their families und loved ones? It vill be a bloodbath, und we both know it."

"Now, which uf your merry band uf James Bond wannabes is responsible for knockink out our komms...or do I haf to start breakink them until I find out?"

Kas keeps his voice calm and his tone conversational as he speaks. He has no intention of trying to frighten a Nephilim, they lived with the fear of losing control daily. Intimidation seemed a wasted effort. Instead, he tried to sound as sincere as possible and possibly a little regretful that this was the direction he was being forced into. Both were true. Kas believed his job was to save lives, but he could not abide by the activities these people had undertaken. He was tired of being lied to and subjected to underhanded plots.

Comment

NVAE, FRONT LAWN (Dennis, Kas, Martin, Otso; NPCs: Driscoll, Hall, Oates, Rose)
            "That goes both ways, Otso. You know some of what's happening, but not all."

A window on the main floor shattered as a man--encased in ice--was thrown through it. Kas came shooting through after him, using his powers to keep the bound man from slamming into the ground.

"Herr Driscoll, I haf listened to eferything you haf to say, und I am...disgusted. I vill be headink to Ingolstadt to kondukt mein own investigation into the kriminal aktifity on mein natif soil. I shall also be kontakting mein mater und the Austrian government about you. While the Austrian government kannot enforce any laws on UN property, you and yours haf kaused quite a ruckus und I doubt you gained permission uf the Austrian's to carry out this assault on a UN kompound they are responsible for.

"I am goink to haf a konversation mit your direktor, und I sincerely doubt she is goink to like what I haf to say...but belief me when I tell you...I vill follow through on any threat I may make, und your agency? MI-18 was it? Your agency vill be haffing to worry about far worse than Jack Rexroth...und if you think Jack has killed...wait until I finish with your little gang uf government thugs. You will be elefen players short uf a cricket team...assuming we kannot kome to an akkord. I haf a young lady I know who kan enter dreams, und I shall haf her do so to one uf you whom I render unconscious. She vill identify efery agent that man knows, then I shall send an email to efery foreign service I kan think uf hostile to the British government, und let them make use uf those identities as they please. Sure...you may be able to protekt the agents themselves, but what uf their families und loved ones? It vill be a bloodbath, und we both know it.

"Now, which uf your merry band uf James Bond wannabes is responsible for knockink out our komms...or do I haf to start breakink them until I find out?"

"I'm going to speak very slowly," Driscoll said, "because I get the feeling I'm dealing with the least intelligent of your bunch. You want to head to Germany to investigate, be my guest. You'll be tampering with a crime scene and given your relationship with the accused, I doubt whatever conclusion you come to--which I imagine Rexroth will find favorable--won't be regarded by anyone.

"Look, I'm starting to regret being all chummy with you, because you seem to have mistaken me for someone who's not a government agent with a bloody license to kill. You want to make threats about exposing sensitive information? Here's to hoping this dream girl of yours can run really fast, because she's going to need to when someone a hell of a lot grumpier than me comes looking for her.

"So, why don't you take your holier-than-thou attitude and shove it straight up your ass. You want to threaten me? That's not going to fly. You've got one of two options right now: either release me, so I can do what I came here to do, or join your buddy in there and kill me. Lady's choice."

As he glared at Kas, Martin emerged through a newly repaired window. "Zis really was poorly executed. Oh, and it's pronounced 'sarin gas' wiz an 'A'."

He made his way away from Kas and Driscoll, up to where Dennis and Otso had another agent contained. "'Ello, any assistance I can render?"

"Nah, we got them good." Dennis assured Martin before spitting into the face of Hall. "Damn MI-18 thinks just because Jack's daddy was in Laputa and he's had to kill means he's a terrorist and has to be subject to rendition. Apparently, the idea of talking to the Austrian government and bringing a warrant never occurred to them."

"Actually," Hall said matter-of-factly, "it did."
            Armada Status

Comment

[Kas heard his comms turn back on, didn't he?]

Martin nods. "I'm Martin Curie. I zink I 'eard your name was Dennis, yes? A pleasure." he says nodding courteously. "'Ave you found your counterpart on zis world yet?"

He bends to examine the unconscious Oates, frowning. "No one deserves to be beaten unconscious like zis." he mutters extending his hands to start repairing tissue.

Comment

Magnitude
                Kasimir Flaegler
                HP 3

Kas laughed when the imprisoned man threatened him. It was amusing really. Maybe Driscoll didn't know, but Kas had lifted Laputa and killing Driscoll and his fellow agents would be no more difficult than pulling the wings off a fly. Hell, Kas was pretty certain once Agnes got the location of their headquarters, he could tear it from its foundations and drop it on the lawn at Whitehall, just to make his point. None of those options were productive though.

"You seem fond uf makink threats you are not kompetent enough to back up. Let me get another opinion." Scanning to see if Napoleon had stuck close to him, he says to the dimension tossed regal (assuming he's there). <<"You grace, this man...an agent of the British Crown, a member of a secret police dedicated to terror and assassination has threatened your life as well as the lives of your hosts in this dimension...do you have a response?">>

When Hall spoke up, Kas turned and held out his hand, palm up.

"I assume you kan produce this warrant?"

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
                  HP: 4

"Oy, private topic." Dennis hissed to Martin when the Frenchman began to speak about Dennis' extra-dimensional origins. It really seemed more a thing to keep up his sleeve and not broadcast, especially in front of the spooks.

And then Kas stared down Hall for the warrant, if there was one. And if there was, how were they going to explain the distinct lack of allowing Jack a layer like Kas' mom?

OOC
                  Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                  Crinoverse - Avengers
                  Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                  Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                  Crinoverse - Time After Time
                  Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                  Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                  Extreme Unction

Comment

Martin rolls a shoulder, dismissing the topic as per the displaced teen's desire.

He checks the condition of Agent Oates again before looking around/scenting the air for other the agents sent by MI18.

Comment

NVAE, FRONT LAWN (Dennis, Kas, Martin, Otso; NPCs: Driscoll, Hall, Napoleon, Oates, Rose)
                      "So, why don't you take your holier-than-thou attitude and shove it straight up your ass. You want to threaten me? That's not going to fly. You've got one of two options right now: either release me, so I can do what I came here to do, or join your buddy in there and kill me. Lady's choice."

As he glared at Kas, Martin emerged through a newly repaired window. "Zis really was poorly executed. Oh, and it's pronounced 'sarin gas' wiz an 'A'."

He made his way away from Kas and Driscoll, up to where Dennis and Otso had another agent contained. Ignoring them, Kas turned back to Driscoll. "You seem fond uf makink threats you are not kompetent enough to back up. Let me get another opinion." Scanning to see if Napoleon had stuck close to him, he says to the dimension tossed regal. <<"You grace, this man...an agent of the British Crown, a member of a secret police dedicated to terror and assassination has threatened your life as well as the lives of your hosts in this dimension...do you have a response?">>

<<"I didn't peg you for a hypocrite, Kas,">> Driscoll said as Napoleon burst into flames.

<<"No one threatens a Bonaparte!">> Napoleon snarled as he grabbed Driscoll's face--one of the few areas of his body not covered by ice.

Originally posted by Michuru81
                      I'm going to move Driscoll and Hall to separate scenes, as both are now moving in such a way that those involved in each could not realistically react to both.

Napoleon - Attack: 1D20 = [7] = 7
                      With Driscoll still in the ice, that will hit. Driscoll - Toughness - DC 23: 1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13
                      Bruised, stunned, and staggered again. Back to unconsciousness.
                      NVAE, FRONT LAWN (Dennis, Kas, Martin, Otso; NPCs: Driscoll, Hall, Napoleon, Oates, Rose)
                      Martin emerged through a newly repaired window. "'Ello, any assistance I can render?"

"Nah, we got them good." Dennis assured Martin before spitting into the face of Hall. "Damn MI-18 thinks just because Jack's daddy was in Laputa and he's had to kill means he's a terrorist and has to be subject to rendition. Apparently, the idea of talking to the Austrian government and bringing a warrant never occurred to them."

"Actually," Hall said matter-of-factly, "it did."

The New Vindicators ignored him. "I'm Martin Curie. I zink I 'eard your name was Dennis, yes? A pleasure." He nodded courteously to the newcomer. "'Ave you found your counterpart on zis world yet?"

"Oy," Dennis hissed, "private topic."

Martin rolled his shoulder before bending down to examine the unconscious Oates, frowning. "No one deserves to be beaten unconscious like zis," he muttered as he began to heal him. As he did, an agonized cry was torn out of Driscoll. Looking over, Martin saw another new student, engulfed in flames, and burning the flesh off of the man's face.

NVAE, GIRLS' DORMS: HALLWAY (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
                      "Hey pretty lady. How's it going?"

Kirstie looked about ready to cry. "I want to hug you so bad right now, and I bloody can't.

"You should just break up with me. You deserve someone you can touch..."

NVAE, GIRLS' DORMS: ELLEN'S ROOM (Jack; NPCs: Ellen)
                      Ellen was quiet as she watched Martin repair her window, then walk through it. "Thanks for fixing my door," she said as she dropped onto the foot of her bed, staring at the broken door.

NVAE (Violet; NPCs: Newton)
                      Racing into the school, Violet saw Newton running in the direction she had come. "Violet!" he shouted. "What's happening? The students are panicking about an attack and I can't hail anyone!"
                      Armada Status

Comment

Violet Lear
                        HP: 1

Violet skidded to a halt in front of the headmaster, sending a fine spray of ice as her 'skates' disintegrated. "Mister Newton! British Intelligence tried to ambush Jack and arrest him for those terrorist attacks on the oil refineries."

"We put them down and need someone to get rid of them."

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                          HP: 1 CND: Fatigued

Lex cocks an eyebrow at Kirstie, crosses his arms, "No."

"I'm not going to dump you just 'cause you can't hug me, and don't even start on that other stuff,"
                          Lex shakes his head and smiles, "You're my best friend, that isn't going to change, okay?"

He coughs,
                          "Even if you trick me into coming to the school to see a nekked Jack. Which, by the way: eww!"

He shimmers for a second as he dashes down the hall, reapearing with a handfull of thumb tacks and an emergency blanket. A few seconds later he'd pinned the blanket up around the door frame to obscure Ellen's doorway as best he could.

"Sorry, best I can do," He called from the hallway before turning back to Kirstie, "So, my girlfriend feel like helping me go save the idiots who attacked the school?"

"Seriously, am in the bizzaro dimension?"

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
                            HP: 2
                            Cnd: Fine

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
                            "That goes both ways, Otso. You know some of what's happening, but not all."
                            "Call me crazy but it almost sounds to me like if we sat down and talked the world would be a better place for it."

Otso was derailed from his dialogue by the pained cry coming from the direction of the other apprehended secret agent. "Stop it, what the hell do you think you're doing!" As frustrated as he was with these men, he still raced off to stop the French student from immolating the British spy.
                            Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Greystone:
                              [Jack Rexroth]
                              HP: 1
                              Condition: Bruised (x2)

Jack said nothing when Kas went flying after Driscoll, though he did quietly tell Martin thanks for fixing the window before the other student went through it without breaking it. Let the others deal with MI-18, he wanted a couple minutes of peace.

Ellen was quiet as she watched Martin repair her window, then walk through it. "Thanks for fixing my door," she said as she dropped onto the foot of her bed, staring at the broken door.
                              Jack sat down beside her, putting his arm around her shoulders. "I'll grab a bed sheet and cover that here in a minute..." He quietly starts to say when a flash of light flew by the open doorway.

He shimmers for a second as he dashes down the hall, reapearing with a handfull of thumb tacks and an emergency blanket. A few seconds later he'd pinned the blanket up around the door frame to obscure Ellen's doorway as best he could.

"Sorry, best I can do," He called from the hallway
                              "...or watch while Alex does it." he finishes before answering back. "Thanks." Jack turned his attention back to Ellen. "You ok darling?"

Comment

Magnitude
                                Kasimir Flaegler
                                HP 3

At Otso's bellow, Kas turns back toward Napoleon and Driscoll and gestures. Using his gravity control, he pulls the enraged boy-royal away from the encased secret agent as gently as he can, while accomplishing the job at hand.

<<"I believe he understands your displeasure your grace! We do need him alive though!">>

As much as Driscoll would like to believe otherwise, Kas was not a firm believer in simply executing his enemies. As a matter of preference, he would rather see diplomatic solutions, but the British Agent was full of death threats and this arrogant faith that his license to kill from his government was both an impenetrable shield from the consequences of his actions and incontestable carte blanche to do as he saw fit. Not to mention that he royally peeved Kas by comparing the two of them to each other. Kas operated in the metaphorical daylight whenever possible, but recent events had seen him caught up in plots from the shadows repeatedly and his nerves were fraying slightly.

Childish as it was, it felt satisfying to turn the tables on one of these "I can do whatever I want, but you can't because you're the good guy" types.

Of course this would result in an angry confrontation from his mother over his lack of self-control and undoubtedly once the adrenaline wore off and his fit of pique faded, he'd feel remorseful...but for the moment he simply didn't want Otso to kill Napoleon. The werebear was none too fond of the dimension displaced despot and it probably wouldn't take much provocation for that dislike to turn lethal. Kas didn't wish that because he felt a sense of responsibility toward the young man...plus if he allowed him to die here, he may as well have handed him over to the DPRK. At least there he'd have gotten laid before he was killed.

Comment

Working...
                                X