Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
    HP: 4

Dennis rolled his eyes with skepticism. "Because if it was so obvious, you could prove it without trampling over international law." And threatening Dennis' new classmates.

Dennis waved a hand and a ghostly fist pressed down on Agent Hall's face.

OOC
    Illusion damage, Will DC 23 (Incurable)
    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
    Crinoverse - Avengers
    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
    Crinoverse - Time After Time
    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
    Extreme Unction

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #21: Double Dare

Violet Lear
      HP: 1

Violet stopped short and blinked when she saw Jack.
      Then she shook her head and let fly a freezing beam of ice.

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
        HP: 2
        Cnd: Fine

Otso tightened his grip on the British man in anger, his voice heavy as he leaned in closer. "Don't you f#!=% bring her into this you b!?@$. If you were so sure you should've brought it to the faculty, not raided the school grounds. Not after the attacks this place has been through. Either you're lying and you think I'm stupid or you're telling the truth and your boss is."

Rolling when necessary to keep up the momentum is fine.
        Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

NVAE, FRONT LAWN (Dennis and Otso; NPCs: Hall, Oates, Rose)
          "If you don't believe me," he grunted, "check for yourself. Take Beatrice to the refinery, Otso. She'll see the truth. You'll smell it."

"Don't you f#!=% bring her into this you b!?@$!" Otso roared, tightening his grip. "If you were so sure you should've brought it to the faculty, not raided the school grounds. Not after the attacks this place has been through. Either you're lying and you think I'm stupid or you're telling the truth and your boss is."

"No offense, mate, but this school doesn't exactly have a good record of cooperating with law enfor-" He cut off as Dennis' illusion hit him.

"Because if it was so obvious, you could prove it without trampling over international law."

Originally posted by Michuru81
          NVAE, GIRLS' DORMS (Jack; NPCs: Driscoll, Ellen, Kirstie, Tatjana)
          Ice crawled across the man's body, binding him in place and preventing him from continuing his assault.

Round Four
          • Greystone (22 - D7)
          • Shiver (20 - ?)
          • Magnitude (19 - ?)
          • Driscoll (18 - E7): Bruised x2, Deaf, Helpless
          • Parabola (11 - C6)
          • Fach (11 - D5)
          • Maze (8 - F8)

Driscoll - Reflex - DC 16: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6

Kas is up.
          Armada Status

Comment

Imago

"But you know what?" Dennis sarcastically observed after Hall was cut off, "Seriously. Tell me what you think who is a terrorist and what could possibly 'prove' they're one."

OOC
            Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
            Crinoverse - Avengers
            Extreme Unction

Comment

NVAE, FRONT LAWN (Dennis and Otso; NPCs: Hall, Oates, Rose)
              "Seriously. Tell me what you think who is a terrorist and what could possibly 'prove' they're one."

"Rexroth," Hall said. "Video shows him attacking the refinery. I thought it could be a shapeshifter. Tallemaja? The Curie girl? When we got within range, though, Driscoll was able to sense him. Driscoll's power only lets him track someone if they've murdered someone, so..."
              Armada Status

Comment

Magnitude
                Kasimir Flaegler
                HP 3

Immediately after Violet saps the heat from around the man attacking Jack, coating him with ice, Kas unleashes a particle beam at him. Normally he would be inclined to give the man an opportunity to surrender, but he figured they could work out those details after the assailant was unconscious.

Particle Beam (ranged damage 8 penetrating) with power attack +/-3 1d20+5=19 http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=106774 That would be a Toughness DC26.

Comment

NVAE, GIRLS' DORMS (Jack, Kas, Lex, Martin, Violet; NPCs: Driscoll, Ellen, Kirstie, Tatjana)
                  As the man's head drooped forward, Lex came barreling in around the corner.

Round Four
                  • Greystone (22 - D7)
                  • Shiver (20 - ?)
                  • Magnitude (19 - ?)
                  • Driscoll (18 - E7): Bruised x3, Deaf, Helpless, Unconscious
                  • Parabola (11 - C6)
                  • Fach (11 - D5)
                  • Maze (8 - F8)

Driscoll - Toughness - DC 26: 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4
                  And down.
                  NVAE, CAMPUS (Lex and Martin)
                  Kirstie said that she'd heard something. She had to be at the dorms, given... how she'd been talking...

Shooting through the front gate, Lex took in a small gathering on the front lawn. Otso had someone pinned. It looked like one of the men who had taken Kirstie's father.

Inside the dorm, a curious sight awaited them: the blonde man who had threatened to burn Lex's soul was frozen in place. Kas, Violet, Kirstie, Tatjana, and a naked Jack were standing in the hall.
                  Armada Status

Comment

Violet Lear

Violet looked from Jack to the attacker and then back to Jack again before averting her eyes, mostly because it was what she was expected to do. "Um... maybe you should put some shorts on, or something, if you want to keep fighting evil today."

"Who is that anyway? What's he doing here?"

Comment

Imago

"Wrong." Dennis grimly replied. Awkwardly, it looked like the perfectly appropriate death of Incubus had come to boomerang on them in an unexpected way. How to describe this while keeping their private business to themselves? "Weeks ago, Jack killed another Neo who was trying to kill me and others. Anyway - explain why Jack's taking up eco-terrorism as a hobby?"

OOC
                      Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                      Crinoverse - Avengers
                      Extreme Unction

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                        HP: 1 CND: Fatigued

Lex's whole world became agony. He'd done this run a few times before and it had hurt, but it had been bareable. But that had been a marathon run. Solid, steady.

This was a sprint. A flat out, hard as you can, no holds barred sprint. Across half a planet. With every step he could feel the muscles starting to shred and pull apart. He'd have swore a tendon snapped or a muscle tore in two, except he could still run.

So he ran.

By the time he'd reached the school any thoughts of being involved in a fight had passed his mind. Now his only goal was arrival.
                        When he reached the school he started slowing down. Not because he wanted to, and he did, but because he didn't want to kill somebody opening a door. Doors, the speedsters arch-nemesis. He wanted to laugh as the thought crossed his mind, but he was too busy gasping for breath.

Stairs were the next enemy, he decided.

By the time he'd reached the right floor he'd felt something give in his right leg and it stopped working properly. He didn't so much go through the last door as he fell through it, smacking into the wall hard and sliding to a stop. He closed his eyes and forced the power back down.

He listened as the roaring static slowly changed to laughter. It took him a second to realize it was him laughing. He was in mind numbing agony and all he could think to do was laugh. It took him two more to stop long enough to look around and take in the sights.

"Dude," Lex grimaced looking away from Jack, and between gasps for air, "I don't.... know why... I'm being... punished."

He pushed away from the wall slightly, but his right leg still refused to move,
                        "Martin... we're... here."

"I'ma fall down now."

Comment

Martin slithered off Lex and reforms as a standing humanoid resolving into his normal appearance. "Well, anticlimactic." he says, noting the Driscocicle. He notes Jack's nudity with a raised eyebrow. "Really Jack? Showing off your... commando training?"

He extends a hand backwards towards Lex's legs. "Zis may tingle a smidge." he warns the speedster teen over his shoulder. "And I zink your body was repairing itself wiz static electricity generated by your running, to enable you to continue running. Eet eez quite recursive."

After administering pain supressors and an anti-inflammatory as well as repairing what he could he looks to the others gathered. "Any ozer injuries?"

He surveys the others with a critical eye and inhales to get a sense of the hallway and adjoining rooms.
                          Last edited by flynnarrel; 16th December 2015, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Magnitude
                            Kasimir Flaegler
                            HP 3

While his face was hidden by his helm and it was impossible to see if he was smiling, the deadpan delivery as Kas says;

"Only Jack und Ellen's clothes. Apparently out foe has some sort uf fibre destroyink power."

...makes everyone fairly certain he is.

Then he gets serious.

"I am uncertain as to the goal uf these men, but there are two more outside in kustody und who knows how many more on kampus. We need to bind this one und make certain he does not regain consciousness until we haf sekured the kampus und kan interrogate the intruders mitout further interruption."

Inclining his head toward Lex he asks; "Are you alright Aleksander?"

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                              HP: 1 CND: Fatigued

Lex shudders and then lets out a long sigh as the pain slowly fades away from his legs.

He looked down at his right leg and gives it an experimental wiggle as his breathing slows down.

Inclining his head toward Lex he asks; "Are you alright Aleksander?"

"Hey Kas," Lex says lethargically, "I'm okay..." He wiggles his right leg again, "See? French medicine is @#*(ing awesome!"

He pushes himself away from the wall, smiling over at Kirstie, before turning his attention to Kas (doing his best to avoid looking at Jack),
                              "This guy's a nutcase. He was bragging about wanting to kill me or something the last time I ran into him. Hey, Martin, can you do that metal trick with his clothes?"

He sighs,
                              "So, what the hell's going on? Shouldn't the UN security have stopped these idiots... he says, as if they've ever stopped any of the attacks on this school."

Comment

Greystone:
                                [Jack Rexroth]
                                Condition: Bruised (x2)

Violet looked from Jack to the attacker and then back to Jack again before averting her eyes, mostly because it was what she was expected to do. "Um... maybe you should put some shorts on, or something, if you want to keep fighting evil today."
                                "Dude," Lex grimaced looking away from Jack, and between gasps for air, "I don't.... know why... I'm being... punished."
                                Martin slithered off Lex and reforms as a standing humanoid resolving into his normal appearance. "Well, anticlimactic." he says, noting the Driscocicle. He notes Jack's nudity with a raised eyebrow. "Really Jack? Showing off your... commando training?"
                                While his face was hidden by his helm and it was impossible to see if he was smiling, the deadpan delivery as Kas says;

"Only Jack und Ellen's clothes. Apparently out foe has some sort uf fibre destroyink power."

...makes everyone fairly certain he is.

"Whatever, you guys suck." The naked American says before heading into Ellen's room where he quickly puts on his pants then rejoins the group.

"Who is that anyway? What's he doing here?"
                                "No clue in hell who he is." Jack says nodding his head in the direction of the ice bound man. "Right after he kicked in Ellen's door he said something about arresting me."

"I am uncertain as to the goal uf these men, but there are two more outside in kustody und who knows how many more on kampus. We need to bind this one und make certain he does not regain consciousness until we haf sekured the kampus und kan interrogate the intruders mitout further interruption."
                                Jack cracks his knuckles. "I think Violet already has him bound. I say we start interrogating him now."

"This guy's a nutcase. He was bragging about wanting to kill me or something the last time I ran into him. Hey, Martin, can you do that metal trick with his clothes?"
                                "So you've got a clue who the hell this guy and the others Kas was talking about are?"

Comment

Working...
                                X