Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #21: Double Dare

NVAE, HALLWAY (Kas)
    Kas slipped away from Viktor for a moment and donned his helmet. He hailed communications and asked to contact someone handling the situation at the refinery in Bavaria. "Understood, Kasamir," said a man whose voice he wasn't familiar with. "And off the record? I have family in Bavaria. Thank y-"

Suddenly, the signal went dead.

NVAA (Lex)
    "Or I could just come over." He paused then smirked at no one. "You know, if you wanted me to visit you could have just asked, right?"

His ears detected the very faintest of sniffles. "Maybe it's better if you... Hold on, something just happened in the hall. I need to get d-"

Suddenly, the line went dead.

NVAA (Martin)
    Martin's finger turned the volume down on his second phone. "Does zat make sense?" he asked his girlfriend while working to text Dewhurst.

"No," she said. "Martin, we have two..." She trailed off suddenly. "Martin, I think something's happening."

"MI18 -> NVAE," Dewhurst texted back.

"I just he-" The signal with Tatjana was lost.

NVAE, CAFETERIA (Dennis; NPCs: Rose)
    When Dennis made his way to Siege's counter, Rose excused herself from the table. She made her way up to the displaced boy and tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, new kid," the svelte girl said cheerily. There were black streaks in her bangs, which stood out against her light-blonde hair and porcelain skin. "Wanna sit with the cool kids and Otto and his girlfriend?"

NVAE, ELLEN'S ROOM (Jack; NPCs: Ellen)
    Ellen moved to cover herself as the man entered her room. "Jack Rexroth?" he asked as the American's mobile continued to ring. "You're under arrest."

"Fat #$%@ing chance," Jack said. Ellen's eyes started to glow.

The blonde man grinned fiendishly. "Oh, God, I love it when they take things the hard way. Go ahead and kill it, Walsh."

Suddenly, Jack's cell phone stopped ringing.

Originally posted by Michuru81

Driscoll - Initiative: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18

Maze - Initiative: 1D20+7 = [1]+7 = 8

Round One
    • Driscoll (18 - E7)
    • Maze (8 - F8)

Hero point to Jack! More info is headed for OOC!
    Last edited by Michuru81; 11th December 2015, 09:24 AM.
    Armada Status

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
      HP: 1
      Cnd: Fine

Otso frowned at the mention of Jakob, putting down his ham sandwich. He didn't know the boy that well, since he didn't go to school at the Academy, but Otso had gotten an idea of what had happened. "I hope he's feeling better."

He looked to Beatrice. <<"We don't have anything planned for the weekend, do we? Although it would be nice to just relax and enjoy ourselves.">> His smile was warm, as he thought back to what they'd discussed on that other world.
      Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Greystone:
        [Jack Rexroth]
        HP: 2

The blonde man grinned fiendishly. "Oh, God, I love it when they take things the hard way. Go ahead and kill it, Walsh."

Suddenly, Jack's cell phone stopped ringing.
        Jack didn't bother with saying anything, instead he let his actions speak for him. The muscles in his back expanded suddenly, by almost a full foot, pushing him up off the bed so he could roll forward with the momentum and then leap at the man, his large scaled fists swinging through the air.

OOC:
        Last edited by Tattooedman; 13th December 2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

NVAE, CAFETERIA (Otso and Violet; NPCs: Beatrice)
          <<"I'm happy doing anything with you, babycakes.">> Beatrice flash him a sweet smile.

NVAE, ELLEN'S ROOM (Jack; NPCs: Driscoll, Ellen)
          Jack jumped to his feet and swung his fist into the wet man's gut. The blow knocked the man back and sent him sprawling back into the hall. "Don't hold back on my account," he said, getting to his feet.

Looking at him, Jack could see that his punch had counted--the man was sporting a bruised rib--but something made him stagger to his feet. He thrust his arms forward, aiming one palm at each of the lover. With a growl, he sent twin bursts of black flames for them.

Originally posted by Michuru81

Round One
          • Greystone (22 - F7)
          • Driscoll (18 - E7): Bruised
          • Maze (8 - F8)

Driscoll - Toughness Save - DC 23: 1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18
          Bruised and stunned.

I'm going to fiat to shake off the stun, so another hero point to Jack.

Driscoll - Attack: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19
          Split attack! Tossing a DC 17 Will save versus damage at both Jack and Ellen.

Maze - Will save - DC 17: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17
          Ellen makes it on the dot.

Jack is up.
          Last edited by Michuru81; 11th December 2015, 10:22 AM. Reason: I'm very astute
          Armada Status

Comment

Martin wasted no time ending the dead call and speed dialing Lex from his phone.

His other hand texted back to Dewhurst.

Objective?

Jamming communications seemed like S.O.P. but the fact that the British agency had people their raiding the educational facility was of concern.

If Lex pics up he stammers. "Somezing serious is going down at ze school, possible terrorist attack; I'm outside ze training room of NVAA."

He'd explain what else he knew in person but for the purposes of the bugged phones this would get Lex here the quickest and not tip what they know.
            Last edited by flynnarrel; 11th December 2015, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
              HP: 3

Dennis shrugged at Rose's approach. "Eh, sure." That would do.

Dennis found a spot at the table with Violet, Otso and Beatrice. "I just suffered another period with the Murphy-hellion. Is there a reason for him being a raging bigot and asshole, or is he just that way?"
              Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
              Crinoverse - Avengers
              Crinoverse - Young Avengers
              Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
              Crinoverse - Time After Time
              Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
              Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
              Extreme Unction

Comment

NVAA (Martin)
                Again, Martin's secure phone started to ring.

"A Neo-Sapien has been attacking oil refineries," Dewhurst whispered. "We have a visual on him. It's one of the students, Martin... Jack Rexroth. Agents were just dispatched to arrest him.

"One of the agents sent after him was Walsh. His power lets him kill various signals. Comms, phones, regular wi-fi... Until they're done, you won't be able to reach anyone in the area."

NVAE, CAFETERIA (Dennis, Otso, and Violet; NPCs: Beatrice and Rose)
                Dennis and Rose sat down at the table. "I just suffered another period with the Murphy-hellion," said the displaced boy. "Is there a reason for him being a raging bigot and asshole, or is he just that way?"

"Some people are just insufferable," Rose said.
                Armada Status

Comment

Violet Lear

Violet almost choked on a leaf of lettuce. While she recovered, she pointed at Rose and nodded. Once she managed to swallow, she followed up with "She's right. He was just born that way."

Comment

Greystone:
                    [Jack Rexroth]
                    HP: 2 (+1 from GM, -1 from re-roll)

The blow knocked the man back and sent him sprawling back into the hall. "Don't hold back on my account," he said, getting to his feet.
                    Jack followed the man out into the hallway. "Don't worry. I won't." The American growled back.

Looking at him, Jack could see that his punch had counted--the man was sporting a bruised rib--but something made him stagger to his feet. He thrust his arms forward, aiming one palm at each of the lover. With a growl, he sent twin bursts of black flames for them.
                    The black flames hit Jack square in the chest but the pain he felt momentarily was in his head. Nephilim's powers were weird like that. "Not bad cupcake, but not good enough." He followed that up by closing the distance between them by the charging the man like a bull.

OOC:

Melee Attack (PA -2/+2): _: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 =15, not liking that roll so I'm gonna re-roll it (and will go a head & pay the HP now).

Jack's Re-rolled Attack (PA -2+2): _: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17, so hoping that hits and if it does that'll be a Toughness DC 25 due to Power Attack.
                    Last edited by Tattooedman; 11th December 2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
                      HP: 3

Dennis groaned in frustration, staring into his food. He did not notice Violet's significant pointing. "And I have four periods with him. The first period stuck with him alone. Please tell me something good so I can forget it all."
                      Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                      Crinoverse - Avengers
                      Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                      Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                      Crinoverse - Time After Time
                      Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                      Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                      Extreme Unction

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
                        NVAA (Martin)
                        Again, Martin's secure phone started to ring.

"A Neo-Sapien has been attacking oil refineries," Dewhurst whispered. "We have a visual on him. It's one of the students, Martin... Jack Rexroth. Agents were just dispatched to arrest him.

"One of the agents sent after him was Walsh. His power lets him kill various signals. Comms, phones, regular wi-fi... Until they're done, you won't be able to reach anyone in the area."
                        Lex isn't in the area of NVAE is he? Is Martin blocked from calling Lex?
                        Juggling the second cell phone in his ear as the first one rings. "Eet ees very unlikely to be Jack you understand, Agent Dewhurst? But regardless, is MI-18 working wiz school administration on zis? Signal disruption and storming a U.N. facility filled wiz powerful individuals 'oo 'ave been attacked multiple times zis past year is illadvised at best, a political nightmare and fatal mistake at worst."

Comment

Magnitude
                          Kasimir Flaegler
                          HP 3

The comms cutting out like that set alarm bells ringing in Kas's skull. Once more someone was up to something nefarious at the school and they'd cut the lines of contact to make responding more difficult. Ripping open his duffle bag Kas used his powers to attach his cloak, while he slammed his helmet down on his head. No comms. No GPS. Everything else seemed to be working fine though. Lifting off, he rocketed down the hall to the lunch room and boomed out:

"WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!! EFERY NON_KOMBATANT NEEDS TO GET TO SAFETY!! KOMBAT READY STUDENTS PAIR UP UND SEARCH THE BUILDINK! They HAF SHUT DOWN OUR KOMMUNIKATIONS, SO EACH TEAM IS ON ITS OWN! LEXUS! JUOZAS! SEKURE THE ADMINISTRATORS!!"

"HERTA!! FIND ME THESE SONS OF WHORES!!"

"OH...und Herta? If it is the Koreans, mobsters or the gott damn British...lethal force...you understand? They haf all violated our sanctity with impunity once too often."

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                            HP: 1 CND: Normal

His ears detected the very faintest of sniffles. "Maybe it's better if you... Hold on, something just happened in the hall. I need to get d-"

Suddenly, the line went dead.

"Kirstie?" Lex asked quietly before panic started setting in, "Kirstie!?"

He pulled the phone away from his ear. The call had ended. He hit speed dial 1 and waited as the phone rang endlessly.

Until his own phone rang. He didn't even wait to see who it was he just hit answer.

Martin stammers. "Somezing serious is going down at ze school, possible terrorist attack; I'm outside ze training room of NVAA."
                            Lex let the phone hang away from his head for a second.

Everything was fine. They had the Vindicators, They had Magnitude and the Young Vindicators, they were protected by UN forces. The students were all getting combat training. It was one of the safest places in the world.

He closed his eyes and he saw a teenage girl dead in an alley in a puddle of blood. Alina's torn and broken body stuck on a tree in the middle of nowhere. Cornelius falling to the ground with a hole in his face. He could feel Elizabeth's blood spattering against his face. The hospital and it's endless hallways of blood. Always so much blood.

It was all he could smell, it was all he could taste.

He turned the phone off. They'd never been fine before and he wasn't going to risk his friends and family. They'd need backup, and they'd need Martin. He kicked open the door, shimmered and exploded forward down the halls of the school to find Martin.

He didn't slow down entirely when he got there, slamming the door open.

Eyes blazing he looked around until he saw Martin,
                            "Get on. Seal yourself to my back, any gaps, any drag at all and you'll be lost."

Five minutes was an eternity in a situation like this. But he knew one trick that might help. It had nearly killed him last time, but it had shown him how fast he could really be. He'd gotten a lot faster since then.

"And I'll need you to put my legs back together when we get there," He grimaced.

Even if he couldn't fight, if he could at least get Martin there in time...

Comment

Violet Lear

"WHAT?"
                              Violet jumped backwards, almost tripping over her chair."Who's attacking? Where?"

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
                                Cnd: Fine

When Kas came roaring into the cafeteria, warning about an attack, Otso shifted shapes as he rose to his feet. He strained his every sense, looking for the intruders as he moved the bulk of his bear-form between Beatrice and any and all danger. He couldn't quit restrain himself as a guttural growl rolled from his throat, a primal threat to the unseen attackers.
                                Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Working...
                                X