Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #21: Double Dare

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #21: Double Dare

Thursday, April 23, 2009

NVAE, HALLWAY (Jack; NPCs: Ellen)
    Ellen waited impatiently outside of Mister Benson’s classroom. As soon as she saw Jack leave the stairwell, a smile spread across her face. She moved to meet him, dropping her backpack to the ground. Her eyes began to glow as she closed in. A curtain of yellow flames wrapped around them, hiding them from the sight of their classmates.

The Nephilim wrapped her arms around her boyfriend and forcefully pressed her lips to his.

A moment later, there was a knock on her screen. “Cut it out, you two,” Sonck called from the outside.

Ellen laughed, but she kept the hellfire wall up. “We could skip, you know? You shift into some chameleon skin to sneak past the cameras? Go back to my room?”

NVAE, GRIGORESCU’S CLASSROOM (Harry and Kas; NPCs: Grigorescu and Viktor)
    The bell rang, signaling the end of third period. As he made his way to the front of the room, Randy tripped and dove face-first into the floor. “Are you okay?” Kirstie asked, bending down beside him, but not moving to help him. For weeks, she had been unable to touch anyone without her powers flinging them back. She was careful not to activate them now.

Their teacher cleared her throat and Kirstie rolled her eyes. Miss Zlatkovski preferred the students speak in a foreign language while in her classroom. In this case, she was wanting German. “Uh, geht es… dir gut?”

“Ja, ja,” Randy said as he picked himself up.

All around him, Harry’s classmates were making their way to their next class. For Harry, that meant economics…

All semester long, Mister Grigorescu had them playing at playing the stock market. Viktor had bought imaginary shares of London Energy, a multinational petroleum titan. Those shares were steadily becoming worthless.

Months ago, they suffered an explosion at an oil rig in the Skagerrak off the coast of Norway. For thirty-four days, oil had gushed up from deep underwater, resulting in an ecological disaster. Viktor insisted that there was no such thing as bad publicity though, and predicted that stock prices would rebound.

Then, last month, one of their refineries in Yorkshire was attacked by an unknown Neo-Sapien. Six people lost their lives in explosions triggered by a mysterious, winged silhouette.

Two other refineries had been attacked over the following weeks—all operating under London Energy’s banner. Though investigators couldn’t say if they thought the same SPB was responsible, they weren’t ruling out the possibility. If that was the case, somewhere out there, a Neo-Sapien was waging war with the corporation.

It would have been the sort of thing Paladin would have looked into. With him gone, it had been nagging at the back of his partner’s mind.

Harry was the last one into the room: Grigorescue was here, as were Kas and Viktor. Viktor was growling, and Harry knew why: a refinery in Bavaria—in Ingolstadt—had been hit last night. Eleven were reported dead, with seventeen missing, and London Energy’s worth had slipped even more.

NVAE, SONCK’S CLASSROOM (Dennis; NPCs: Mike, Mouloud, Steven)
    As Dennis made his way to his classic literature class, he spotted his teacher knocking on the yellow curtain Ellen had no doubt wrapped around herself and Jack.

It had been two weeks since the Astrolabe had left him stranded in this dimension, and he was coming to know his new home.

“DON’T YOU &$^#ING TRY!” someone railed from inside the room. Dennis knew immediately who it was: Steven Murphy, one of the few non-powered residents of the campus.

Looking into the room, Dennis saw Steven lunge out of his seat and tackle Mike to the floor.

NVAE, FITZROY’S CLASSROOM (Violet; NPCs: Finn, Fitzroy, Herta, Kelly, Napoleon, Rose)
    Mike hadn’t been the same since his castration. Sure, the news was that Martin had come to heal him, but the exiled sophomore couldn’t do anything to panacea the psychological scars. Mike was quiet now, and brooding. There was no light in his eyes or roguish grin on his face. Instead, a dead stare and permanent scowl formed his visage.

Not long after, things ended between he and Rose. Most seemed to think Rose had ended it. A few claimed to have seen Mike dump her. Either way, neither truly seemed fazed by their relationship festering into nothingness.

Mike wasn’t the only one who had changed since Crux’s attack, however. It was almost as though they had drugged Rose and replaced her with someone else…

Rose dropped into the seat in front of Violet and turned to face her, smiling sweetly. “Sit with you at lunch?” she asked.

NVAE,CAFETERIA (Otso; NPCs: Beatrice)
    Fourth period was a lonely one. The Finn was the only student to take Spanish, making this hour one-on-one lessons with Miss Zlatkovski. After that, it was lunch time. As usual, Beatrice was waiting for him outside the refectory. She lit up at the sight of him. “Hello! Is this your day right?”

NVAA (Lex)
    Right on cue, Lex’s phone began to ring. The eight hour time difference between Vienna and Tokyo was the worst part of his exile. They had to schedule time together. During the week, she called him during lunch—when it was roughly 8 o’clock at night for him.

Gaspar made kissy faces as Lex picked up the phone.

“Hi!” Kirstie cheerily said.

NVAA (Martin)
    Martin’s eyes were on his phone. He hadn’t heard from Rembrandt or Gwen since they’d left Vienna five weeks ago. Granted, he’d been short with them when they left, but to completely cut off contact implied that something had happened.

Was Rembrandt capable of investigating anything without getting himself captured?

The phone began to vibrate with his scheduled call from Tatjana. Fourth period had just ended for her. It was time for their scheduled call.

Originally posted by Michuru81
    Given that it's so late in the semester, the administration just auto-enrolled Dennis in some basic classes. I tried to colour-code everyone's names so that you can more easily find yourself. Word has some limited high light colors, so... I matched as best I could.

BOOM!
    Armada Status

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
      HP: 3

Ironically enough, given the conversation with Jack two weeks ago, this pretty much had been straight up high school in this new Earth that Dennis was living in. More casual than the tutors and preppy high school his absentee DNA donors had foisted onto him so they could convince themselves they were justified in not paying attention to his education.

And overall, people seemed fairly straightforwardly welcoming enough. Unusual, but that was a given. Even with his expectations, Dennis had honestly still been internally floored that the school was co-headmastered by Isaac Newton.

That Isaac Newton.

“DON’T YOU &$^#ING TRY!” someone railed from inside the room. Dennis knew immediately who it was: Steven Murphy, one of the few non-powered residents of the campus.

Looking into the room, Dennis saw Steven lunge out of his seat and tackle Mike to the floor.
      And then, there were the exceptions to the 'welcoming' types. Steven, non-powered, his also non-powered dad taught Dennis' Phys Ed class, and apparently, Steven's older brother Lex - who was off-campus, on leave? Suspended? The details weren't clear but it seemed a sensitive topic - and not actually devoid of sensitivity - Dennis had refrained from poking at the topic.

But Steven had a problem.

"Vier perioden mit diesem kind zu viel." The Swiss teen muttered to himself, before interceding. Verbally, that is, Imago standing out of arm's reach. "Knock it off. What is it this time?"
      Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
      Crinoverse - Avengers
      Crinoverse - Young Avengers
      Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
      Crinoverse - Time After Time
      Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
      Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
      Extreme Unction

Comment

Magnitude
        Kasimir Flaegler
        HP 3

Kas listened to Viktor growl about losing imaginary money as patiently as he could, but truth be told, he was thinking about the attack as well. He couldn't protect the entire world and he had no particular attachment to London Petroleum, but an attack in Bavaria was practically in his backyard. Saxony, his home state, was Bavaria's northern neighbor and as much as they could be pompous jackasses down south, they were still Deutchlanders and he should do something.

"I should go." He said. Despite saying it aloud, he was speaking more to himself than any of his compatriots. His hand drifted over to the duffle bag which contained his helmet and cloak neither of which could really be concealed under civilian clothes like the rest of his costume. "I should really go und see for mein self."

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
          HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex shook a fist at Gaspar, who continued to ignore him to make kissy faces.

"Hey there pretty lady," he held up the phone to his ear as he set his guitar to the side. He'd wrangled Gaspar into helping him with a couple of songs, not that they'd really accomplish much, but it was nice to get somebody else's views on how it look.

"How's life in crazy town?" He asked with as cheerful a tone as he could manage.

He fought the urge to shiver, and rubbed a hand against his arm. He missed his jacket. He only hoped it was keeping Kirstie warm.

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
            HP: 1
            Cnd: Fine

Otso was deep in thought when he exited his Fourth period class. Not having any other students in the class was a little lonely, but after all the hectic action and fights to the death he relished the normalcy of being able to just sit down and study for an hour.

He looked up from his book in surprise when Beatrice called out to him. "Bea!" Stowing the book away in the backpack slung over his shoulder, Otso hurried to embrace her. His face flickered in puzzlement for a moment before he smiled big again. "Yes, I'm done with classes for today. Did you have something in mind?"
            Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

"He was tryin' to use his powers on me!" Steven punctuated his sentence by clocking Mike in the jaw.

NVAE, GRIGORESCU’S CLASSROOM (Harry and Kas; NPCs: Grigorescu and Viktor)
              "I should go," said Kas as Harry came into the classroom. Despite saying it aloud, he was speaking more to himself than any of his compatriots. His hand drifted over to the duffle bag which contained his helmet and cloak neither of which could really be concealed under civilian clothes like the rest of his costume. "I should really go und see for mein self."

"To Ingolstadt?" asked Viktor, rising up out of his seat. "Harry and I will come with you!"

A distressed Grigorescu watched the young men move to leave and stammered, "G-get back here! You can't just cut class!"

"Tell the headlady," Viktor called over his shoulder. "Not the headmaster--he is much to lenient. Tell her it was all my idea. Tell her I need to be expelled."

NVAA (Lex)
              "Are you alone?" she asked. Her voice was breathy. "I am. I'm back in my room...

"Guess what I'm wearing?"

Gaspar wrapped his arms around the air and pretended to make out with no one.

NVAE,CAFETERIA (Otso; NPCs: Beatrice, Napoleon)
              "I still have chemistry and algebra, but I-"

She cut off as Napoleon walked up to them. "Champignon portabella aux quatre fromages," he told Beatrice.

There was no stopping it. Napoleon knew that Beatrice and Mike were French, and in his eyes, that meant they were his subjects. Likewise, Mouloud hailed from Algeria, which was under the rule of the Third French Empire in Oubliette-1127. In Napoleon's eyes, that made him another classmate he was free to boss around.

Beatrice looked helplessly to her boyfriend. This wasn't the first time Napoleon had given her his lunch order.
              Armada Status

Comment

Imago
                HP: 3

In Dennis' admittedly limited experience, Steven would treat a sneeze as a hostile use of powers.

"I will use my powers on you if you don't get off him and talk this out."

Where was Mr. Sonck when you needed him?
                Last edited by Enigmatic One; 12-10-2015, 11:56 AM.
                Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                Crinoverse - Avengers
                Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                Crinoverse - Time After Time
                Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                Extreme Unction

Comment

Violet Lear
                  HP: 9

"Why?" Violet looked at Rose suspiciously. At times in the last two weeks, she'd wondered if they had really been returned to the proper dimension. Mike (understandably) wasn't himself and it hurt to see the boy she'd liked so much be so different. And not fighting with Rose felt weird. Like "cats and dogs living together" weird.

Another frustration was that she hadn't had an opportunity to see Jakob since she'd gotten back. There had been many texts (some wonderfully flirty) but she felt pulled in so many directions at school that she'd hadn't managed to get away yet. She was trying to keep Kirstie's spirits up, help Sarah out when she had rough days, spend time with Beatrice and now there was a bit of a connection with Astrid too. There was only so much a girl could do.

"I mean... sure. Table's got plenty of room."

Comment

Martin picks up his phone eagerly. "Bon Jour, My Love."

Comment

Greystone:
                      [Jack Rexroth]

Ellen waited impatiently outside of Mister Benson’s classroom. As soon as she saw Jack leave the stairwell, a smile spread across her face. She moved to meet him, dropping her backpack to the ground. Her eyes began to glow as she closed in. A curtain of yellow flames wrapped around them, hiding them from the sight of their classmates.

The Nephilim wrapped her arms around her boyfriend and forcefully pressed her lips to his.

He was only two steps off the stairs when Jack saw Ellen waiting for him, a smile of his own quickly formed to match hers. He dropped his own bag off his shoulder just after the yellow flames formed around the two of them so he could wrap his arms around his girlfriend and enjoyed the moment, short as it was.

A moment later, there was a knock on her screen. “Cut it out, you two,” Sonck called from the outside.

Ellen laughed, but she kept the hellfire wall up. “We could skip, you know? You shift into some chameleon skin to sneak past the cameras? Go back to my room?”
                      Jack laughed as well, but kept his eyes locked with hers. "How can I resist the temptation?" He leaned in, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll meet you there in a few minutes."

Comment

The Blue Knight

Gwyn chuckled a bit. "Ingolsummat is closer than Yorkshire, anyhow. Probably warmer folk, innit. But it can wait till after class. Yew're just sore you're losing fake money. My mam says this recession will be over soon anyhow."

Robert understood money well, Gwyn had always thought. He often used it to track criminals-which is partly why he'd taken economics in the first place. He remained seated and waited for class to get back on track while idly checking his phone for just how far away Ingolstadt was.
                        [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

"Big surprise," Steven growled, as he rose up from Mike's chest, "settle everything with your powers. You're no different from Nutless Wonder here."

Mouloud stood beside Dennis, looking at him worriedly. "He's right," the Algerian boy intoned. "Mike started to sing. He was trying to control Steven. In Mike's defense, though... Steven was being Steven."

"#%*& off," Steven spat at the pacifist.

NVAE, FITZROY’S CLASSROOM (Violet; NPCs: Finn, Fitzroy, Herta, Kelly, Napoleon, Rose)
                          Rose dropped into the seat in front of Violet and turned to face her, smiling sweetly. “Sit with you at lunch?” she asked.

"Why?" asked a suspicious Violet. She watched as Rose's smile faded, leaving only a sullen look behind. "I mean... sure. Table's got plenty of room."

Like that, the smile returned. "Great!" she said excitedly. She turned around as Mister Fitzroy came in, and the hour went by without incident. When the bell rang to dismiss them for lunch, Rose waited for Violet. "So, how're things with Jakob?" she asked. "How's he doing after... you know?"

NVAA (Martin)
                          "Bon Jour, My Love."

Martin was greeted by sobbing from the other side.

"He thinks I'm useless..."

Martin knew who she was talking about. Since Siegfried's attack, Newton had done his best to be transparent with the faculty and student body. He didn't share anything sensitive, but he didn't withhold information either. He told them what they knew about Pandora and the Armada--thoughts he'd shared with the expelled students via email.

Tatjana knew that the man who had raised her was roaming the multiverse, captain of his own ship--named for his mother--and could potentially return to his home dimension.

For Tatjana, it wasn't the fear that her father might return accompanied by a band of ruthless cutthroats. Rather, it was the knowledge that he had not come to take her with him.

"He's right. My powers make me more of a liability than anything..."

NVAE, ELLEN'S ROOM (Jack; NPCs: Ellen)
                          Ellen collapsed atop and held him warmly. "The semester's almost over," she told him. "I bet my mum would let you stay with us this summer, if you wanted." She let out a laugh. "She probably wouldn't be too happy about us sharing a bed, but... you know..."

NVAE, GRIGORESCU’S CLASSROOM (Harry; NPCs: Grigorescu and Viktor)
                          "Nonsense! I am genuinely concerned for the well-being of our Teutonic friend!"

Viktor hurried out of the room and after Kas, leaving Harry alone with their Romanian professor.

NVAE, QUAD (Kas; NPCs: Viktor)
                          Outside, Kas moved to take flight, only for Viktor to catch up to him. "You're not calling in your team?" the Spaniard asked.
                          Armada Status

Comment

Greystone:
                            [Jack Rexroth]

Ellen collapsed atop and held him warmly. "The semester's almost over," she told him. "I bet my mum would let you stay with us this summer, if you wanted." She let out a laugh. "She probably wouldn't be too happy about us sharing a bed, but... you know..."
                            Jack played with Ellen's hair while she talked. "I would like to meet her, but I don't want to piss her off. I'd be ok sleeping on the couch if it'd help keep the peace."

Comment

NVAE, ELLEN'S ROOM (Jack; NPCs: Ellen)
                              "I don't imagine we'd do much sleeping," she said before she stole a smooch. She shifted atop him and rested her head on his chest. "I love you."

It was the first time she'd said it to him.
                              Armada Status

Comment

Violet Lear
                                HP: 9

"He's doing better than Mi-.." Violet caught herself before finishing the name. It might still be a sensitive subject. "-you'd expect. It's lucky he doesn't blame me. I feel so awful about the whole thing. I mean, his mum was there and everything. It was mortifying. And that was the last time I saw him. It's been two weeks and that was our last time together."

Comment

Working...
                                X