Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
    HP: 4
    COND: Unharmed

Imago smiled as a familiar loudmouth's speaking filled the air. He cupped his mouth and yelled back. "Cleaning up your gravel, Rock-ton of the Wontons!"

OOC
    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
    Crinoverse - Avengers
    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
    Crinoverse - Time After Time
    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
    Extreme Unction

Comment

Magnitude
      Kasimir Flaegler
      HP 1

Kas frowned and sighed as Agnes dashed off. "Well, that went entirely wrong." He muttered to himself.

The only thing to do at this point was see if the school had some technology that could guard against telepathic intrusion he could use when he was sleeping. Kas almost laughed out loud as it occured to him that every woman who desired him romantically was a crazy person and every woman he desired romantically was unavailable and the single woman he'd met that he might learn to feel affection for was in another dimension and had nearly been assassinated by her dimension's version of him.

"That klassic amerikan band had it right...love stinks."*

Turning around, he made his way back toward the administration offices to ask about safeguarding his sleep. Even if Herr Newton had such a technology available, it was likely the use of it would come with strings attached. His mother always said, you don't get something for nothing and as a diplomat, she would know.

*That would be the J.Geils Band.

Comment

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Brimstone, The Drifter, Eidolon, Felsic, Maze, Nocti, Tenebrae, Verve, Vestige)
        Greystone reached under Ursa and grabbed at Brimstone's burning flesh. As he did, Nocti grabbed him--now composed of living lava. With a soundless snarl, he tried to burn the flesh from Greystone's bones.

Originally posted by Michuru81

The Order: Round Four
        • Tenebrae (29 - A21): Bruised x5, Staggered, Unconscious (R4)
        • Shiver (24 - G7)
        • Nocti (19 - E3): Bruised x2, Stunned (Shiver, R4), Staggered, Unconscious (R4), -8 Constitution
        • The Blue Knight (18 - *20)
        • Greystone (16 - E1)
        • The Drifter (15 - G2)
        • Eidolon (15 - *): Fatigued
        • Brimstone (14 - B18): Pinned, Suffocating (R3)
        • Verve (13 - M7)
        • Ursa (13 - C17)
        • Felsic (12 - F4)
        • Vestige (9 - G4)
        • Maze (8 - E17)
        • Imago (8 - I9)
        • Bulwark (N/A - A20): Bound, Bruised, Helpless

Brimstone - Fortitude - DC 18: 1D20+9=[17]+9=26

The Drifter will work to contain Nocti.

Eidolon will make Greystone see Nocti, apparently mimicking Felsic's powers. DC 23 Will vs. the damage, DC 18 Will to overcome the illusion and erase said damage.

Brimstone will attempt to escape the grapple! Brimstone - Grapple: 1D20+5=[18]+5=23

Verve will support.

Unless McGuffin says otherwise, I'm going to go ahead with the orders he gave last week and have him maintain the chokehold. This is two rounds. Four more and she has to start making saves.

Felsic will work to restrain Nocti. Vestige is on support. Maze will restrain Tenebrae.

Imago is up, followed by Bulwark, who will try once more to injure the snare, Shock--then it's Violet's turn. Go ahead and handle both.
        NVAE, NEWTON'S OFFICE (Kas; NPCs: Newton)
        Newton listened as Kas explained the situation. "Unfortunately, there's no means of psionically shielding you... I know how this will sound, but perhaps some counseling could help? I'd like to bring in Doctor Yavorshak. If you explain the situation to her, perhaps she can address this in her meetings with Agnes... She might be able to explain to the young lady that her help is not necessary."
        Armada Status

Comment

Imago

Imago went through the same green light javelin deal as before - this time curving the beam to get Brimstone. Maybe if Liz's friends took him on the trip back, the whole Nephilim thing might make a good cover for throwing people off.

OOC
          Imago moves northwest however many squares a basic 30 foot move covers.
          Perception Blast - Will DC 23
          Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
          Crinoverse - Avengers
          Extreme Unction

Comment

Magnitude
            Kasimir Flaegler
            HP 1

Kas nodded in understanding at Newton's revelation. It made sense. At the offered solution, he shrugged feeling defeated. "As much as I respekt and admire Dr. Yavorshak, mein experience mit Astrid leads me to believe such an effort will be for naught. I attrakt krazy like honey attrakts Pooh-bear."

Shaking the administrator's hand Kas sets his mouth in a firm line. "This is simply a kross I will haf to bear."

Leaving Newton's office, Kas rolled his neck to stretch the tightness and stress out of it. He'd been planning to visit Napoleon, but the day thus far had been a complete disaster. He needed to go flying to clear his head. He didn't plan on making some patrol of it, since he was not after the panacea of hero worship, he simply wanted the solitude of flight, where life was simple. Peaceful.

He launched himself straight into the sky, seeking altitude and peace...away from prying eyes.

Comment

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Brimstone, The Drifter, Eidolon, Felsic, Maze, Nocti, Tenebrae, Verve, Vestige)
              If Brimstone felt the bite of Imago's phantasmal lance, she didn't show it: not while the bear-man choked the life from her. Still, not far from where she lay, Bulwark tried to break free from the ice.

The Order: Round Five
              • Shiver (24 - G7)
              • Nocti (19 - E3): Bruised x2, Stunned (Shiver, R4), Staggered, Unconscious (R4), -8 Constitution
              • Greystone (16 - E1)
              • The Drifter (15 - G2)
              • Brimstone (14 - B18): Bruised, Pinned, Stunned (Imago, R4), Suffocating (R3)
              • Verve (13 - M7)
              • Ursa (13 - C17)
              • Felsic (12 - F4)
              • Vestige (9 - G4)
              • Maze (8 - E17)
              • Imago (8 - I9)

Brimstone - Will Save - DC 23: 1D20+9 = [8]+9 = 17

Like I said: Bulwark will attempt to break the ice and then Shiver will start a new round. Roll the Snare's Toughness and take your action, Shock.
              NVAE, NEWTON'S OFFICE (Kas; NPCs: Newton)
              I'm planning to put a pin in Kas for now, if that's okay with you, HH? As Brimstone is the only one left (well, and Eidolon, but...), I don't anticipate the stuff in the other world to last much longer. My plan is to let everyone try to decide how best to handle the villains before the Astrolabe works it's magic. On her return home, Astrid will approach Kas, and I'm going to try and turn his day around.
              Armada Status

Comment

Violet Lear
                HP: 9

Violet was having trouble telling what was going on since people seemed to be reacting to attacks she couldn't see. The only enemy that seemed to still be fighting was pinned under Otso's bulk. Then the giant rock man broke free and started babbling. Imago seemed ambivalent to the fact but it still made her nervous. She skated out towards him and pointed threateningly. "Back off Rock man or I'll put you under a glacier!"

Snare Toughness: 1D20 + 5 = [11]+5 = 16 Fail by 11. Snare broken I think.

Readying an action to shoot a Freeze Ray at Bulwark if he tries to attack
                Readied Freeze Ray: 1D20 + 9 = [15]+9 = 24 Reflex DC16 if necessary

Comment

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Brimstone, Bulwark, The Drifter, Eidolon, Felsic, Maze, Nocti, Tenebrae, Verve, Vestige)
                  "Back off, Rock man or I'll put you under a glacier!"

The newly liberated Bulwark seemed to tense. "You're tellin' me these Armada goons recruit little girls!?! If you people think I'm too much of a Kevin to hit a girl..." Debris pelted the ground as he cracked his knuckles.

• Shiver (24 - G7)
                  • Greystone (16 - E1)
                  • The Drifter (15 - G2)
                  • Verve (13 - M7)
                  • Ursa (13 - C17)
                  • Felsic (12 - F4)
                  • Vestige (9 - G4)
                  • Maze (8 - E17)
                  • Imago (8 - I9)

BK is up!
                  Armada Status

Comment

Violet Lear

Violet scowled. "I ain't Armada pebble-brain! You attacked us!"

Comment

Imago

"He's no longer possessed, Vi!" Imago interjected.

OOC
                      Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                      Crinoverse - Avengers
                      Extreme Unction

Comment

Violet Lear

"They been playing with everybody's mind right?"
                        Violet looked from Imago back to the rock man. "I'm just making sure it ain't another trick."

Comment

Imago

"Vi, only Bulwark can talk (and so much) like Bulwark." Imago affirmed. "And it's not an illusion."

OOC
                          Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                          Crinoverse - Avengers
                          Extreme Unction

Comment

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Brimstone, Bulwark, The Drifter, Eidolon, Felsic, Maze, Nocti, Tenebrae, Verve, Vestige)
                            The newly liberated Bulwark seemed to tense. "You're tellin' me these Armada goons recruit little girls!?! If you people think I'm too much of a Kevin to hit a girl..." Debris pelted the ground as he cracked his knuckles.

"I ain't Armada, pebble-brain!" snapped a scowling Shiver. "You attacked us!"

"I attacked the Armada!"

"He's no longer possessed, Vi!" shouted Imago.

"They been playing with everybody's mind right?" The English girl looked from Imago back to the rock man. "I'm just making sure it ain't another trick."

"Vi, only Bulwark can talk (and so much) like Bulwark." Imago affirmed. "And it's not an illusion."

"You tell her, Den-Den!" bellowed Bulwark.

• Shiver (24 - G7)
                            • Greystone (16 - E1)
                            • The Drifter (15 - G2)
                            • Verve (13 - M7)
                            • Ursa (13 - C17)
                            • Felsic (12 - F4)
                            • Vestige (9 - G4)
                            • Maze (8 - E17)
                            • Imago (8 - I9)

BK is up!
                            Armada Status

Comment

The Blue Knight

With Brimstone still wrapped up by Otso and Bulwark freed of possession, Gwyn's wings unfurled behind him as he sped above the ground, hands ablaze with blue flames. He reached for Eidolon, hoping to shut the illusionist down quickly. Since using his powers in the other other dimension, months ago, Gwyn had practiced with his abilities until he was able to use them with no risk to himself. Apart from it being an incredible strain, that was.

Gwyn will move into melee with Eidolon and Accurate Attack for +2/-2 with his Spirit Drain 1d20+7=19 I'm gonna go ahead and assume that hits. Being fatigued inflicts a -1 penalty on Eidolon's defense, if that helps at all. If it does hit, its DC 19 Fortitude for a Drain Abilities effect.
                              I'll spend a Hero Point for Gwyn to ignore the Fatigue from using the Tiring Drain for now.
                              [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

From high above the battlefield, the Blue Knight watched as his attack connected and left the young girl enfeebled. She was conscious, but didn't appear at all coherent.

• Shiver (24 - G7)
                                • Greystone (16 - E1)
                                • The Drifter (15 - G2)
                                • Eidolon (15 - *): -9 abilities, Fatigued
                                • Verve (13 - M7)
                                • Ursa (13 - C17)
                                • Felsic (12 - F4)
                                • Vestige (9 - G4)
                                • Maze (8 - E17)
                                • Imago (8 - I9)

Eidolon - Fortitude - DC 19: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3
                                Aaaaaaaaand the first use of drain has the best possible result.

Is there any slow fade on that, Eld? What's the recovery rate?

Jack is up, TM.
                                Armada Status

Comment

Working...
                                X