Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Brimstone, The Drifter, Eidolon, Felsic, Maze, Nocti, Tenebrae, Verve, Vestige)
    The lamps already assembled around the plane caused Nocti's discarnate form to turn tangible. Greystone swiped at the man, only to watch as he doubled over, reverting back to his natural form: the shadow entity was gone; in it's place was a man a few years Greystone's senior, with black hair slicked back over his pale skull.

Eidolon's eyes went from her lover to her protector. Brimstone was pinned by the bear, but if she could get free, she might be able to save Nocti... With a thought, she made another member of the Armada appear.

Werebear, she thought as she conjured an illusory Jesus Eguchi, meet wereboar.

The illusory Razorback lowered his head as he charged Ursa, trying to knock him off of Brimstone.

Originally posted by Michuru81
    The Order: Round Three
    • Tenebrae (29 - A20): Bound, Bruised x3, Helpless, Staggered
    • Shiver (24 - R8)
    • Nocti (19 - E3): Bruised, Stunned (Greystone, R3), -8 Constitution
    • The Blue Knight (18 - *20)
    • Greystone (16 - E1)
    • The Drifter (15 - G2)
    • Eidolon (15 - *): Fatigued
    • Brimstone (14 - B18): Pinned
    • Verve (13 - M7)
    • Ursa (13 - C17)
    • Felsic (12 - F4)
    • Vestige (9 - G4)
    • Maze (8 - E17)
    • Imago (8 - K9)

Again, I'm neglecting powers... Nocti's sporting insubstantial, which I neglected when Felsic attacked him. Granted, he made that save, but I set the precedent that this would work. As it's me flubbing it up, and moves this forward, I'm going to have Jack's attack go through: Nocti - Toughness - DC 23: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
    and Nocti - Fortitude - DC 18: 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8

Nocti's form is sustained in duration. He'll try to stay in his form as a reaction: Nocti - Concentration - DC 20: 1D20+1 = [10]+1 = 11
    and fail.

The Drifter will continue to set up flood lamps.

Eidolon will try and help Brimstone by going for Ursa. DC 23 Toughness, sir. Also, Will DC 18. Like I told TM a while back, keep this damage separate from any others, as overcoming the Illusion will erase the damage. Again, only Ursa will see Razorback.

Brimstone's attempt to escape Ursa: Brimstone - Grapple: 1D20+9 = [13]+9 = 22
    That doesn't take into account the -4 penalty Ursa graciously hands out for escaping pins. Given his +17 bonus? I'm pretty sure Ursa will tie it on his worst roll. No need to roll, McGuffin: you win.

Ursa will need to make a DC 16 Toughness save against her Energy Aura 1. Feel the burn!

Verve is on lamp patrol.

Ursa is up.
    Armada Status

Comment

Magnitude
      Kasimir Flaegler
      HP 1

Kas bit back a sigh and clapped Lexus on the shoulder. "Lexus mein freund, if being angry sounding was the key to leadership, we would all be under Herta's kommand. Haf faith in yourself, as the rest uf us haf faith in you."

"Anyway, please keep me apprised uf Buddy's situation. Meanwhile, I must kontinue mein tour uf apologies, und thank Agnes for her efforts at helping me relax...regardless uf how misguided they may haf been."

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
        HP: 4
        Cnd: Fine

The sudden appearance of the boarman caught Otso off guard, but it was that same suddenness that clued him into what was going on. "You're going to have to do better than that illusionist, we were warned of your tricks."

He brought his forearm to his opponent's throat to cut off her oxigen and induce unconsciousness. He spoke through gritted teeth because of the flames licking at his body pinning hers to the ground. "It's okay, don't fight it. Just surrender and you won't have to get hurt."

DC 23 Toughness save: 1D20+10 = [8]+10 = 18, Bruised. DC 18 Will Save: 1D20+9 = [10]+9 = 19, passes. DC 16 Toughness Save: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26, passes. Keep Pinning Brimstone and apply a Chokehold on her.
        Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

NVAE, QUAD (Kas; NPCs: Agnes)
          Asking around yielded the information Kas wanted: Agnes had not yet left her room. After loitering outside for a few minutes, his patience was rewarded: the young girl slipped out of the girls' dorms.

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Brimstone, The Drifter, Eidolon, Felsic, Maze, Nocti, Tenebrae, Verve, Vestige)
          "It's okay, don't fight it. Just surrender and you won't have to get hurt."

"Right," Brimstone grunted, "just--HHHHNN!--die like the others!"

The Order: Round Three
          • Tenebrae (29 - A20): Bound, Bruised x3, Helpless, Staggered
          • Shiver (24 - R8)
          • Greystone (16 - E1)
          • The Drifter (15 - G2)
          • Verve (13 - M7)
          • Ursa (13 - C17)
          • Felsic (12 - F4)
          • Vestige (9 - G4)
          • Maze (8 - E17)
          • Imago (8 - K9)

Felsic - Attack: 1D20 = [4] = 4
          Ugh.

Vestige will move to help with the lamps.

Maze will charge Tenebwark: Maze - Attack: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20

Penetrating on Maze's weapon will let her get around Bulwark's impervious. Tenebrae - Toughness - DC 23: 1D20+14 = [11]+14 = 25
          I didn't expect much there.

Imago's up!
          Armada Status

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
            Cnd: Fine

Otso frowned, his grip almost slipping for a moment but then he grabbed hold firmer. "You're side escalated this to deadly force, I'm trying to do the opposite. I'm telling you, no one has to die."
            Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Imago
              COND: Unharmed

Good, looks like jumping the gun aside, it was all playing out just as planned. Imago swept his head left and right across the battlefield. That left Eidolon, so the Swiss kept moving to see if he could find her. But first, TeneBulwark looked like (s)he should go down for the count, to free up Blue Knight and Maze. With a little hint of inspiration from the Nephilim, Imago made a green flame javelin appear, and lofted it downrange.

OOC
              You forgot to update Imago's move to I9 last round. And also moving ahead due west how many squares a regular move action covers.

TeneBulwark takes Perception Damage 8 - Will DC 23
              Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
              Crinoverse - Avengers
              Crinoverse - Young Avengers
              Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
              Crinoverse - Time After Time
              Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
              Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
              Extreme Unction

Comment

"Your side escalated this to deadly force; I'm trying to do the opposite. I'm telling you, no one has to die."

"No, just Pyre and Bile and Incubus, right?"

As she sneered at the hero pinning her, his newest ally sent a spectral spear through one of hers.

The Order: Round Four
                • Tenebrae (29 - A20): Bound, Bruised x4, Helpless, Staggered
                • Shiver (24 - R8)
                • Greystone (16 - E1)
                • The Drifter (15 - G2)
                • Verve (13 - M7)
                • Ursa (13 - C17)
                • Felsic (12 - F4)
                • Vestige (9 - G4)
                • Maze (8 - E17)
                • Imago (8 - I9)

Tenebrae - Will - DC 23: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21

New round. Tenebulwark will try to break out of the snare. I'll have you roll a Toughness save for the power, Shock. DC 27 to see if we snap out. That will be the full action, then it's Violet's turn.
                Armada Status

Comment

Magnitude
                  Kasimir Flaegler
                  HP 1

When he noticed Agnes, Kas came trotting up toward her. "Exkuse me! Agnes, may I haf a moment uf your time? I would like to apologize for last night."

Comment

Violet Lear
                    HP: 6->9

Violet saw that Nocti was wobbling and decided to try to finish him off. A hail of ice shards flew from her hand to the illuminated foe.

Snare Toughness: 1D20 + 6 = [12]+6 = 18 Fail by 9. Snare Injured

Ice Blast attack: 1D20 + 9 = [14]+9 = 23 Toughness DC21 + Autofire if that hits
                    Last edited by Shock; 20th November 2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

"Exkuse me! Agnes, may I haf a moment uf your time?"

Agnes turned--beaming at Kas. "Anything for you."

"I would like to apologize for last night."

"I knew you'd come around!" Agnes said. "I can help you! I could let you have anything--do anything you wanted--in your dreams! What would you like to dream about tonight?"
                      Armada Status

Comment

HH, I didn't miss your reply: the forums were misbehaving and I had to split up my replies. Check the bottom of the last page.
                        A volley of hail pelted Nocti. A large chunk connected with the side of his head, knocking him to the ground. With the pavement coated in ice, he lost his footing and cracked his skull against the glaring surface.

"Go help the others!" Felsic shouted to Greystone. "I'll contain him!"

• Tenebrae (29 - A20): Bound, Bruised x4, Helpless, Staggered
                        • Shiver (24 - G7)
                        • Nocti (19 - E3): Bruised x2, Stunned (Shiver, R4), Staggered, Unconscious (R4), -8 Constitution
                        • Greystone (16 - E1)
                        • The Drifter (15 - G2)
                        • Verve (13 - M7)
                        • Ursa (13 - C17)
                        • Felsic (12 - F4)
                        • Vestige (9 - G4)
                        • Maze (8 - E17)
                        • Imago (8 - I9)

Nocti - Toughness - DC 24: 1D20-1=[2]-1=1
                        Down he goes!

BK is up.
                        Last edited by Michuru81; 20th November 2015, 06:50 AM. Reason: Stupid forums...
                        Armada Status

Comment

Magnitude
                          Kasimir Flaegler
                          HP 1

Kas couldn't really respond to Agnes, since it was obvious she hadn't listened to him at all the previous evening. At her unabashed joy that he'd changed his mind he simply grunted non-commitally. He really didn't understand how someone could mistake an apology for being terse to somehow, suddenly coming over to their side of a debate, but he knew trying to explain the difference was going to be an exercise in futility.

The worst part about this was, he knew of no humane way to guard himself against Agnes' power, so his choices were...do something morally abhorrent or allow himself to be violated repeatedly by someone with no grasp of the immorality of their actions. Ugh.

Comment

The Blue Knight

Gwyn slashed through the stone giant, now quite confident of him and his' chances of victory-though he was still concerned for some of the other heroes.

Regular Will strike attack 1d20+5=20 DC 26 Will.
                            [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

"What would you like to dream about tonight?"

Kas gave a non-committal grunt.

"Got it," Agnes gleefully said before running off, "I'll surprise you!"

The Blue Knight cleaved Bulwark in two: as his claymore slashed through the titan, an unconscious Tenebrae was ejected from him. "Uh," the rock man groaned, "what..." He looked around, taking stock of his surroundings. "What in the name of Ozzie Smith's backflip happened?

"And why the Kevin am I covered cemented to the ground!?!"

• Tenebrae (29 - A21): Bruised x5, Staggered, Unconscious (R4)
                              • Shiver (24 - G7)
                              • Nocti (19 - E3): Bruised x2, Stunned (Shiver, R4), Staggered, Unconscious (R4), -8 Constitution
                              • Greystone (16 - E1)
                              • The Drifter (15 - G2)
                              • Verve (13 - M7)
                              • Ursa (13 - C17)
                              • Felsic (12 - F4)
                              • Vestige (9 - G4)
                              • Maze (8 - E17)
                              • Imago (8 - I9)
                              • Bulwark (N/A - A20): Bound, Bruised, Helpless

Tenebrae - Will - DC 26: 1D20+1=[15]+1=16
                              Staggered again! She ejects from Bulwark. Maze was the only one to physically harm Bulwark, so I'm splitting their bruises.

Greystone is up!
                              Armada Status

Comment

Greystone:
                                [Jack Rexroth]
                                HP: 3
                                Condition: Bruised

A volley of hail pelted Nocti. A large chunk connected with the side of his head, knocking him to the ground. With the pavement coated in ice, he lost his footing and cracked his skull against the glaring surface.

"Go help the others!" Felsic shouted to Greystone. "I'll contain him!"
                                Jack nodded, though he wasn't sure what all he could do as he looked over to the other fight and saw a girl's body fall from Bulwark's. The American's eyes then darted over to Otso on the ground and figured it'd be best to help him out then they could focus on the Armada's illusionist. Moving over to where Otso had a girl pinned down Jack leaned in and reached out touching the palm of his hand to her face, allowing the toxin his new glands were making to be absorbed by her skin despite the burning sensation he felt when he made physical contact with her.

OOC:

He's using Toxic Frog Skin on her, no claws. So that'll be a Fortitude DC 18 for her. Plus I'll assume Jack will need to make a Toughness DC 16 against Brimstone's energy aura.

Jack's Toughness: _: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 =15, and that's a failure by 1 so that'll be a Bruise for him.

Shapeshift Set Up (32 pts):
                                Toxic Frog Skin [8 pts]: Drain Constitution 8 (Feat: Slow Fade 5 [20 minutes], Subtle)
                                Dragon Wings [4 pts]: Flight 4 (Flaw: Limited [Winged])
                                Dragon Scales: [3 pts] Protection 3
                                Claws [11 pts]: Strike 6 (Power Feats: Improved Critical 4, Mighty)

Comment

Working...
                                X