Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Greystone:
    [Jack Rexroth]
    HP: 4

Violet lost patience and sent a freezing bolt at the giant rock thing got closer. "Come on Astrid, follow me." Then she abandoned her position and heading around the back of the building, trying to get back out of sight.
    Taking advantage of the fact that Violet had frozen the stone giant, Gwyn's wings flared behind him as he flew forwards, stopping just above and in front of the behemoth, striking rapidly with his soul weapon-armored stone or not, his claymore could strike at the essence of the person inside-which in this case, would be the other shadow twin, he assumed.
    "You dumb-ass Brits!" Imago managed to catch himself from going too loud in indignation, but he was pissed. All that surprise, the tactical advantage, the timing - and the surety of the looks on Nocti and Tenebrae's faces - down the drain!
    Jack shared Imago's anger but he could understand the others making their move - one was inexperienced and the other wasn't the most patient person the American knew. Still it was time for him to make his own move so he jumped off the "table", the break away restraints falling away easily as he pulled against them. Realizing that it was likely Nocti he'd seen, Jack headed right for him, his appearance as Incubus rippling away as he flew revealing his normal appearance.

Hovering in the air Jack took a deep breath and exhaled flames at the shadowy foe as the methane his newly made organ had built up reacted with the sparking tooth in his mouth.

OOC:

Shapeshift Set Up (34 pts):
    Dragon Breath [16 pts]: Fire Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Cone])
    Dragon Wings [4 pts]: Flight 4 (Flaw: Limited [Winged])
    Dragon Scales: [3 pts] Protection 3
    -Claws [11 pts]: Strike 6 (Power Feats: Improved Critical 4, Mighty)[/QUOTE]

Comment

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Brimstone, The Drifter, Eidolon, Felsic, Maze, Nocti, Tenebrae, Verve, Vestige)
      Nocti sneered as Greystone charged at him, dropping his disguise. The teen breathed flames at him, and Nocti raised his arms to protect his face as the fire rolled over him. Though he escaped unharmed, the Drifter was determined to make sure he did not escape: she hurried away from Imago, moving to start positioning the flood lamps around their opponent.

As she moved through Greystone's field of vision, something else moved: Bulwark had apparently broke free of the ice and swung a stone fist into the New Vindicator's chest.

Behind him, Brimstone was charging for the Blue Knight. As she ran, she grabbed the air, conjuring her soul-weapon: a blazing pitchfork. "You killed our friends!?!" she snarled. "I'll kill you!"

Originally posted by Michuru81

The Order: Round Two
      • Tenebrae (29 - A20): Bound, Bruised x2, Helpless, Stunned (Blue Knight, R2), Staggered
      • Shiver (24 - L7 > R8)
      • Nocti (19 - E3)
      • The Blue Knight (18 - N7 > B20)
      • Greystone (16 - K10 > E1)
      • The Drifter (15 - K8)
      • Eidolon (15 - ): Fatigued
      • Brimstone (14 - A9 > B18)
      • Verve (13 - M7)
      • Ursa (13 - O7)
      • Felsic (12 - P8)
      • Vestige (9 -P7)
      • Maze (8 - O8)
      • Imago (8 - K9)

Nocti - Reflex - DC 18: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
      & Nocti - Toughness - DC 23: 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23
      We're good.

Drifter will move to grab the flood lights and try to trap Nocti.

Eidolon is up.

EDIT: I just realized I'm Eidolon... I was expecting EO to post for her. Stupid illusionists!

Eidolon will go for Greystone: DC 23 Toughness, sir. Also, Will DC 18. Be sure to keep this damage separate from any others, as overcoming the Illusion will erase the damage.

I'll go ahead and let everyone know, Eidolon is fatigued from using extra effort on her powers before. Normally, she can't hit more than one target at a time with them. Now, we're going back to the normal power, so only Greystone will be seeing it.

EDIT #2: And now I forgot about Brimstone! She'll move and attack Blue Knight: Brimstone - Attack: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15
      I don't think that hits. If it does, Toughness save, DC 30.

Verve will stay out of the danger for once.

Ursa is up.
      Last edited by Michuru81; 4th November 2015, 12:31 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.
      Armada Status

Comment

Greystone:
        [Jack Rexroth]

Jack saw the hit but it was too late for him to try and get clear of it, so he braced himself as best he could. The punch hurt like hell, but having already been hit by Bulwark before the tattooed teen was ready for better than most others would be and he weathered the punch as well as he had the other time.

As he drew in a breath Jack found himself wondering how the controlled Bulwark had already broken free of Violet's ice and made his way to him without making a hell of a lot of noise. Then it dawned on him and Jack wanted to smack himself in the face as he muttered. "Damn illusionist." As he looked at "Bulwark" the stone giant faded out of existence as the view of the real one showed up still caught in ice.

OOC:

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
          HP: 5 -> 4
          Cnd: Fine

Otso charged in after Blue Knight, slamming his bulk into Brimstone to pin her to the ground. "That seems quite hypocritical of you, considering what your associates were threatening to do to us for simply having the audacity to arrive in their presence."

I would like to All-out Attack Charge Brimstone but since I don't think Otso can quite reach her even with the double Move, I'll first Surge for a normal Move, burn a HP to get rid of the Fatigue and then All-out Attack Charge: 1D20+6+5+2=[6]+6+5+2=19 her. Defense total is now 9. Grapple check: 1D20+17=[18]+17=35 to Pin her. -4 to break the Pin from Improved Pin.
          Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

The Blue Knight

Brimstone's crimson pitchfork smashed into Gwyn's armor, nearly skewering him. Desperate, Gwyn concentrated and flexed-his wings folding forward to block the tines and push the weapon back in a blaze of cerulean flames.

"Yew won't be killing anyone, ever again."

Hero Point for Ultimate Toughness, so no damage as that nets Gwyn a 31. 3 HP left
            [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Brimstone, The Drifter, Eidolon, Felsic, Maze, Nocti, Tenebrae, Verve, Vestige)
              Felsic watched as Ursa ran out from cover, following the Blue Knight and Shiver. It seemed there was no use in remaining behind cover. With two on Brimstone and the rock figure encased in ice, she elected to join Greystone in fighting Nocti. Though she felt her fist connect, Nocti jumped back, turning her hit into a glancing blow.

Seeing her and the others on him spurred Vestige to action. She charged out of hiding, grabbed another of the flood lamps, and moved to help set them up around Nocti.

As she ran, so too did Maze: the Nephilim darted out from the building and made her way to join the fight in the south.

The Order: Round Two
              • Tenebrae (29 - A20): Bound, Bruised x2, Helpless, Stunned (Blue Knight, R2), Staggered
              • Shiver (24 - R8)
              • Nocti (19 - E3)
              • The Blue Knight (18 - B20)
              • Greystone (16 - E1)
              • The Drifter (15 - G2)
              • Brimstone (14 - B18): Pinned
              • Verve (13 - M7)
              • Ursa (13 - O7 > C17)
              • Felsic (12 - P8 > F4)
              • Vestige (9 - P7 > G4)
              • Maze (8 - O8 > E17)
              • Imago (8 - K9)

That hits and is an impossible grapple for Brimstone. Pinned it is.

Felsic will move to F4. Infravision means she can see Nocti: Felsic - Attack: 1D20 = [19] = 19
              Bam. Nocti - Toughness - DC 21: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
              On the nose.

Vestige will run to help the Drifter set up the lamps.

Maze will start to move and head for the battle in the south.

Imago is up.
              Armada Status

Comment

Imago
                COND: Unharmed

Imago stepped ahead as the battle royale began, and at least it looked like with Brimstone, Nocti and Tenebrae-wark pinned down as an auspicious start. Time to push the odds further.

Brimstone - and only her saw the 'bum-bum' humming, and then the head-faces of beaten, dead Pyre, Bile and Incubus coming down from the sky.

"ARE YOU READYYYY?" They trilled.

OOC
                Move to I9.
                Perception Stun - Will DC 23
                Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                Crinoverse - Avengers
                Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                Crinoverse - Time After Time
                Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                Extreme Unction

Comment

Brimstone's head swiveled upwards. Her eyes started to bulge as the initial shock set in, but that quickly dissipated. "Damn illusions," she hissed, shaking it off.

The Order: Round Three
                  • Tenebrae (29 - A20): Bound, Bruised x2, Helpless, Staggered
                  • Shiver (24 - R8)
                  • Nocti (19 - E3)
                  • Greystone (16 - E1)
                  • The Drifter (15 - G2)
                  • Verve (13 - M7)
                  • Ursa (13 - O7 > C17)
                  • Felsic (12 - P8 > F4)
                  • Vestige (9 - P7 > G4)
                  • Maze (8 - O8 > E17)
                  • Imago (8 - K9)

Brimstone - Will Save - DC 23: 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23

Tenebrae is stunned. Shiver is up.
                  Armada Status

Comment

Violet Lear
                    HP: 7->6

Violet had pulled back to try to stay
                    out of sight but with the battle now engaged it didn't seem necessary anymore. She skated out into the open and saw the rock man still frozen and Otso holding another one on the ground. But the shadowy one near the plane was still fighting. Seeing Beatrice grabbing a light, Violet got an idea. She pulled up and pointed, creating a thin, highly reflective sheet of ice covering the ground all around Nocti intensifying all the light in the area. "There! Hide in that!"

Extra effort to power stunt Environment 5 (Daylight) making a 100 foot radius area of super bright light and then using a HP to eliminate Fatigue.
                    I'm hoping that eliminates any shadows on the ground and gives Nocti nothing to work with.

Comment

Magnitude
                      Kasimir Flaegler
                      HP 1

Kas leaned in and keyed the "talk" switch. "Eiron, this is Magnitude...kould you do me a favor und return to the akademy? Thanks to your information, we should be able to head off any bad press from the damaged embassy, but, should you be apprehended..."

Kas let the sentence trail off. Buddy was smart enough to figure out the ramifications.

Comment

Two lights were on him, extending his shadow back. If he ran forward--cross shadows with the boy who'd breathed fire at him...

Just as he started to run, the ground below him changed. "There!" a girl yelled as the ground began to reflect the lamps' light. "Hide in that!"

Nocti sneered. Without a shadow, he had no way of copying the boy's powers. Moreover, the light would prevent him from taking his other form. That left only the training he'd gained at the Ranch.

Nocti lunged and moved to grab Greystone.

• Tenebrae (29 - A20): Bound, Bruised x2, Helpless, Staggered
                        • Shiver (24 - R8)
                        • Nocti (19 - E3)
                        • Greystone (16 - E1)
                        • The Drifter (15 - G2)
                        • Verve (13 - M7)
                        • Ursa (13 - C17)
                        • Felsic (12 - F4)
                        • Vestige (9 - G4)
                        • Maze (8 - E17)
                        • Imago (8 - K9)

Nocti is going to try to grapple Greystone. Nocti - Attack: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15
                        If that hits: Nocti - Grapple: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27

BK is up.
                        UN, COMM CENTER (Kas; NPCs: Armande, Lexus)
                        "I won't," Eiron reported. "I'm really good at going unnoticed. Actually, it's about the only thing I'm good at..."

"Kas is right, Buddy," Lexus said. "Buddy, if you get caught, it'll blow up in all of our faces. The public already thinks we do whatever the hell we want. We don't need anyone else exiled to Tokyo."

"We have an oppor-"

"Buddy," Lexus said warningly.

Silence came across the communicators. "I'll pull out," Eiron said reluctantly.
                        Armada Status

Comment

Magnitude
                          Kasimir Flaegler
                          HP 1

Kas shook his head and smiled ruefully. Nudging Lexus, he joked; "See? What did I say? The Volunteers haf outgrown me. You are more a leader than I...at least as far as the team is concerned."

Comment

The Blue Knight

"Graate job, Ursa!" Gwyn called, seeing the bear-boy wrap up the other Nephilim. Moving over and behind the possessed Bulwark in one swift motion, his blade followed him, slashing through the stone giant.

I was half tempted to just say "screw it" and have Gwyn Drain Brimstone anyway, but it would be OOC-again, and an unnecessary risk. 2016'll be the year.
                            Regular Claymore Strike against TeneBulwark 1d20+5=12 Given the Helpless, Stunned, and Size Category of Bulwark, that should still hit. DC 26 Will.
                            The movement is mostly set dressing but Gwyn would now technically be...well, off the map I guess, in whatever comes before A-20.
                            [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

UN, COMM CENTER (Kas; NPCs: Armande, Lexus)
                              "Nonsense," Lexus said, "I just repeated what you said, albeit in a much angrier tone.

"Besides, no one would follow my orders. I'm Laputa, remember? I'm like poison..." Lexus rose to his feet and nodded to Kas. "I'm going to grab a communicator and head out into the city. Buddy's in his uniform. If he grows, he'll stand out; if he doesn't, it'll take him forever to get here. Maybe I can get close enough... Rendezvous with him?"

A grunt of pain emanated from the rock giant as it endured the Blue Knight's hit.

• Tenebrae (29 - A20): Bound, Bruised x3, Helpless, Staggered
                              • Shiver (24 - R8)
                              • Nocti (19 - E3)
                              • Greystone (16 - E1)
                              • The Drifter (15 - G2)
                              • Verve (13 - M7)
                              • Ursa (13 - C17)
                              • Felsic (12 - F4)
                              • Vestige (9 - G4)
                              • Maze (8 - E17)
                              • Imago (8 - K9)

Tenebrae - Will - DC 26: 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23

Greystone is up.
                              Armada Status

Comment

Greystone:
                                [Jack Rexroth]
                                HP: 3 (-1 for re-roll)

Two lights were on him, extending his shadow back. If he ran forward--cross shadows with the boy who'd breathed fire at him...

Just as he started to run, the ground below him changed. "There!" a girl yelled as the ground began to reflect the lamps' light. "Hide in that!"

Nocti sneered. Without a shadow, he had no way of copying the boy's powers. Moreover, the light would prevent him from taking his other form. That left only the training he'd gained at the Ranch.

Nocti lunged and moved to grab Greystone.
                                Jack ducked towards his right, avoiding Nocti's effort to grab him while internally his gas making organ melted back into his body mass and a new set of glands formed all over his body just under his scaly skin. The change had an instant effect as the American's uncovered skin was covered in a slick sheen, including his clawed hands that he tried to slash Nocti with.

OOC:

He'll drop Dragon Breath & replace it with Toxic Frog Skin, then try to hit Nocti with his claws.

Jack's Attack: _: 1D20+8 = [3]+8 =11....f$%& you CoyoteCode. Spend an HP to re-roll that.
                                Jack's Re-rolled Attack:
                                _: 1D20+8 = [18]+8 =26, much better. Assuming that connects that'll be a Toughness DC 23 (for the claws) & a Fortitude DC 18 (for the Drain).
                                Shapeshift Set Up (32 pts):
                                Toxic Frog Skin [8 pts]: Drain Constitution 8 (Feat: Slow Fade 5 [20 minutes], Subtle)
                                Dragon Wings [4 pts]: Flight 4 (Flaw: Limited [Winged])
                                Dragon Scales: [3 pts] Protection 3
                                -Claws [11 pts]: Strike 6 (Power Feats: Improved Critical 4, Mighty)

Comment

Working...
                                X