Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
    HP: 5
    Cnd: Fine

Otso held his ground with a look of uncertainty and watched Imago. As he understood it, the esper was the only one who could call the shot in this situation.

Hold the line.
    Last edited by McGuffin; 29th October 2015, 06:27 AM.
    Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

UN, COMM CENTER (Kas; NPCs: Armande, Lexus)
      "So," Kas casually asked, "how goes the war?"

"So far, so good," Lexus said without looking up from the switchboard. "Buddy checks in every so often--even to report that there's nothing to report." He swiveled around and looked up at Kas. "For the most part, we're just sort of... keeping him company, I guess." Turning back to the controls, he shook his head. "I never thought I'd miss Astrid," he said. "Not that she could do Buddy any good, but she could keep us from getting tired..."

MOUNT PUTUO (Current; NPCs: Dewhurst)
      "Anyways, my thinking is that if you say you want to push this forward she'd just going to bench you hard and keep you as far away for any of it as possible."

"Maybe me, but she can't bury the case. If I come forward and tell her that we have reason to believe that this woman invaded the chief's mind? She'll have to investigate it, if only to ensure whatever secrets she might have gleamed from his mind aren't out there."

Lex shrugged. "Of course I don't know much about your group, and honestly I'm more than a little biased." The American looks off at the distance, "Do what you do, man. You're the expert. Just keep your eyes open is all, ya know?"

"Aww," Dewhurst said, "I care about you, too.

"Seriously, the chief is... he's like a father to me. That makes Kirstie my sister, I guess... which makes you... I dunno. Thing is, I like you. Being suspicious of everyone is part of my job description, and... and I trust you, Lex.

"Take care of yourself."

MOUNT PUTUO (Fluxx; NPCs: Fraction and Tallemaja)
      "Can I say something?" Tallemaja asked. "I'm sorry, I know this is... a family thing, but I just want to chime in with something: Erudite was wrong. Alina? Cornelis? The people in Kaiserslaughtern or in the UN Building? That never should have happened. I didn't realize this until later... I was swept up by it all, too. I was her damn contingency plan. I would have blown up the school if it hadn't been for Sarah...

"Point is... we're not trying to do things the way they did. I don't expect you to believe that, considering that I had gunmen show up at a university and open fire, or that I nearly eviscerated Beatrice... but I'm not reckless. The gunmen shot over everyone's heads. I gave them all a mental suggestion to terrify, not kill. Elle was nearby to heal Beatrice as soon as the canister reacted to her injuries--I needed her to think she was going to die.

"Martin, we needed that woman to not talk--to not let anyone know that someone was posing as her. Elle could have killed her. She could have turned her entire body into soup and washed her down the drain, but she didn't. We're not monsters.

"We don't have to be enemies. We don't have to work together, no... but we don't have to fight each other, either. The only one talking about opposition right now is you, Martin... but it doesn't have to be that way."

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Brimstone, The Drifter, Eidolon, Felsic, Maze, Nocti, Tenebrae, Verve, Vestige)
      Originally posted by Michuru81

The Order: Round One
      • Tenebrae (29)
      • Shiver (24 - L7)
      • Nocti (19)
      • The Blue Knight (18 -N7)
      • Greystone (16 - K10)
      • The Drifter (15 - K8)
      • Eidolon (15)
      • Brimstone (14 - A9)
      • Verve (13 - M7)
      • Ursa (13 - O7)
      • Felsic (12 - P8)
      • Vestige (9 -P7)
      • Maze (8 - O8)
      • Imago (8 - K9)

Felsic, Vestige, and Maze will hold. Imago? Anything from you?
      Armada Status

Comment

Imago
        HP: 5->4
        COND: Unharmed

Imago didn't give the go ahead yet. "I guess I need to show her mine is bigger than her's too." The Swiss promptly stuck out his tongue in Brimstone's general direction, and a glowing hand smacked Brimstone across the head, before turning into a boot and striking her... down there.

OOC
        Perception Blast - Will DC 23
        Then surge, HP to remove fatigue...
        Perception Stun - Will DC 23
        Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
        Crinoverse - Avengers
        Crinoverse - Young Avengers
        Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
        Crinoverse - Time After Time
        Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
        Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
        Extreme Unction

Comment

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Brimstone, The Drifter, Eidolon, Felsic, Maze, Nocti, Tenebrae, Verve, Vestige)
          Tenebrae watched as Brimstone was slapped by a giant, disembodied hand, then kicked between the legs by a floating boot. "They have nothing," her brother growled. "Beating the others was a fluke...

"Go."

The girl said nothing as she rose up from the ground. The camouflage covering they'd been wearing fell from her back as she ceased pretending to be a rock. She set off at a run, hurrying towards the base in the distance.

She could have had the element of surprise if she'd shadow-walked to her enemies, but that would force her to abandoned Bulwark's body. Her brother could have shadow-walked her, were it not for how heavy her puppet was. They could have camped closer to the base, but then they would risk being discovered. There were too many 'but's in this battle. All she could do was race forward...

The Order: Round Two
          • Tenebrae (29 - A20)
          • Shiver (24 - L7)
          • Nocti (19)
          • Greystone (16 - K10)
          • The Drifter (15 - K8)
          • Eidolon (15 - ): Fatigued
          • Brimstone (14 - A9)
          • Verve (13 - M7)
          • Ursa (13 - O7)
          • Felsic (12 - P8)
          • Vestige (9 -P7)
          • Maze (8 - O8)
          • Imago (8 - K9)

Brimstone - Will Save - DC 23: 1D20+9 = [15]+9 = 24
          1D20+9 = [16]+9 = 25

O_O Well, okay then...

Tenebrae will charge out of hiding and move all out to arrive at A20. I've been forgoing the need for Notice/Search/Stealth checks as it becomes an impossible roll. Even if the party takes 20, the most they can get is 33. Factor in -1 for every 10 feet of distance and we're at -17 for Imago's group. Tenebrae's the worst off for Stealth, as Bulwark's size brings her roll down. Taking 10 still gives her a 19 though.

Now that she's jumped up, however, I think the group should be able to make a Notice check to spot her starting location. She's not actively hiding there, and she drops the camo. Her size will give it a -4 penalty (or a +4 bonus to you all, I guess), but still, the distance. When she begins her charge, she's 120' from A20, so... based on current locations... have at it if anyone is planning on going after the others where they're at.

Anyway, that is her action for the round.

Shiver is up.
          Armada Status

Comment

Martin looked at her flatly as Tallemaja spoke. "You make decisions to inconvenience ze lives of ozers simply because it is more convenient to you or you 'ave decided zey are less and do not deserve zat right. You site outcomes as justification - ze U.N. takes notice of ze UUB, Chuck could be lured into a trap.... You assume some sort of rogue auzority because you zink your way is ze correct way and you 'ave ze power to enforce it. Ze world WILL conform to your notion of a 'better place' no matter 'ow much of ze world needs to be trampled to accomplish it - and you say it is okay because you *could 'ave* just burned ze 'ole Damn zing down." Martin shakes his head. "Zat is ze source of our opposition."

He turns to his sister. "Elle, I don't know 'ow much of you is autonomous enough to even make ze decision to not act as Entier did. Do you?" he asks.

"As a Fraction, can you ever be separated from the whole?"

Comment

Magnitude
              Kasimir Flaegler
              HP 1

Kas nodded at Lexus statement. "I'm just worried about Astrid. She tries so hard, but she's just not built for kombat und now she's off with Beth somewhere...somewhen... und if she's with the Drifter, there's trouble."

Rubbing his chin, he redirected his attention to the current problem. "Listen Lexus, the next time Buddy checks in...tell him I asked him to kome back to the school. Thanks to his warning, there is a pre-emptif media release in the works, koncerning Napoleon, but the longer he stays in the DPRK embassy, the greater the risk he'll be kaught. If he gets kaught then they haf the leverage over us they seek."

"You haf all done a hell uf a job on this...but all missions must eventually end, ja?"

Kas chuckled. "You know, Herr Newton said you were being rebellious, but I think something great has happened. You, Buddy, Rheid...none uf you need me any longer. I am not going anywhere, bekause we are stronger as a unit, but you all joined the Volunteers seeking redemption und a way to direkt your desires to be uf service to the publik... und you haf all gone far beyond anywhere I kould lead. At the risk uf sounding arrogant, I would say you haf all bekome heroik, und I kould not be prouder to be associated mit you."

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex grunts, and waves goodbye with his left hand, his hodgepodge bracelet of bullets, bones, and what appears to be a tiny sword catches the light, "Eh, you know me. I'm a survivor."

"Later, man."

Comment

Violet Lear
                  HP: 7

Violet lost patience and sent a freezing bolt at the giant rock thing got closer. "Come on Astrid, follow me." Then she abandoned her position and heading around the back of the building, trying to get back out of sight.

Freeze Ray at +9 attack and DC17 Snare.

Freeze ray attack: 1D20 + 9 = [7]+9 = 16
                  Then Shiver will back off from her position and head around the building ending up at R8.
                  Last edited by Shock; 30th October 2015, 04:18 PM.

Comment

"As a Fraction, can you ever be separated from the whole?"

"I don't see the need to answer," Fraction said. "I know you well enough to know that if you don't find my response agreeable, you'll insist that I'm disillusioned or being controlled--perhaps manipulated?" The girl shook her head. "You're a hypocrite, brother. You accuse Tallemaja and I of trying to force the world to adhere to our notion of how it should be, but what about you? You are trying to change Tatjana to suit your desires, aren't you? Aren't you trying to coerce me into being the person you desire me to be? The doting, innocent kid sister? You were willing to turn our homeland against us by taking away their champion, simply to help a handful of individuals.

"I believe that is why you do not like Tallemaja: you see too much of yourself in her."

"At the risk uf sounding arrogant, I would say you haf all bekome heroik, und I kould not be prouder to be associated mit you."

"You might be in the minority," Lexus said. He looked at the slumbering American and frowned. "Most people see us, and they can't look past our stints with Laputa. It's got to be the same way with Herta and Pirjo... And Vlad..." Lexus sighed. "I wish they would just tell us what happened to him after his trip to Romania..."

MOUNT PUTUO (Current; NPCs: Dewhurst)
                    Dewhurst took a few steps away from Lex and stopped. "This is the part where, if this were a movie or something, I'd turn around and say something cool."

He waited a beat before shrugging. "I got nothing. Take care of yourself, Lex."

Unless you had something else, Arkrite, we can wrap Lex for this session.
                    Nocti watched his sister run. As she charged into the distance, he brought the binoculars back up to his eyes. Following her, he watched as ice began to spread over her borrowed body, binding joints and slowling her movements.

"They found reinforcements," he growled.

They had taken out Pyre, Bile, and Incubus. There was no telling how many there were or what their abilities were. Retreating made the most sense, but it would only serve to make him look weak and bolster the world's governments against him. If he was going to conquer this world, he was going to have to contend with them...

"They found reinforcements with powers," he said. "Let's see what new toys I have to play with."

With a thought, Nocti abandoned the powers he had copied from Warder and transformed into a living shadow. He slithered under Eidolon, diving into her shadow and out of the shadow of the fighter jet resting outside the buildings.

• Tenebrae (29 - A20): Bound and helpless
                    • Shiver (24 - L7 > R8)
                    • Nocti (19 - E3)
                    • Greystone (16 - K10)
                    • The Drifter (15 - K8)
                    • Brimstone (14 - A9)
                    • Verve (13 - M7)
                    • Ursa (13 - O7)
                    • Felsic (12 - P8)
                    • Vestige (9 -P7)
                    • Maze (8 - O8)
                    • Imago (8 - K9)

Tenebrae - Reflex - DC 17: 1D20+2 = [5]+2 = 7
                    Fails by 10: bound and helpless.

Nocti will have concealment from visual senses for now, but I'm up for letting Greystone roll a Notice check to spot him with his Aesirvision. Regular stealth a-go! Nocti - Stealth: 1D20+10 = [8]+10 = 18

BK is up.
                    Armada Status

Comment

"Change Tatjana for MY desires?" Martin says incredulously. "I'm working wizin 'er brain's natural capabilities and limitations to produce certain neuroreceptors by finding a medication balance and cognitive zerapy regime zat can best normalize 'er limbic system responses. Zat is like saying I'm trying to 'coerce' a diabetic 'oose body does not produce insulin to be normal by supplementing ze component zey lack for normal, natural processing."

"And, Elle, until an hour ago, insofar as I knew, you were my 11-year-old kid sister, innocent or manipulated into subversive, anti-auzotitarian actions. I didn't know you were older zan I by an unknown quantity of years, nor did I know zat you weren't your own individual, merely a construct lacking ze possibility of zought independent from our creator. Wiz never ze opportunity to see zings differently from 'er. And in my dealings wiz you I am using words... I would not use mind control even it were available to me."

"Ze fact zat you side wiz Durendahl only reinforces ze futility of my original purpose 'ere."
                      Martin shakes his head.

"I zink zis is where I leave you, Gabrielle. I sincerely 'ope I never 'ave cause to pursue you in an adversarial capacity. Tallemaja, I do 'ope you 'ave turned from ze ways of 'arming folk for your convenience. Good luck wiz Chuck. Please let me know if zere is a non-objectionable way I might be of assistance. My phone is being tapped by ze British Government, just so you know."

"So, I guess zis is... goodbye."

Comment

Magnitude
                        Kasimir Flaegler
                        HP 1

Kas shrugged when Lexus cut him off. "Ask Herta. She was there. He is her brother, ja? I would say, ask Jack, but there is no telling when he will be done with his mission mit Elisabeth."

"More pressing at this moment is the need to get Buddy out uf the DPRK embassy before he gets kaught und suddenly they haf a valid komplaint to press koncerning espionage."

Comment

Greystone:
                          [Jack Rexroth]
                          HP: 4 (-1 for re-roll)

Jack's eyes kept darting across the area, waiting for the other members of the Armada to show up. So when he notices a vial dripping a single blood red drop, floating high enough where it'd be hanging over someone's head, in the shadow of the fighter jet Jack figured it was a sign that one of the shadow manipulators was showing up.

Speaking quietly Jack spoke so that Imago could hear him. "We've got one of the shadow twins over by the jet."

OOC:

Re-rolled Aesirvision Check (aka Notice): _: 1D20+8 = [11]+8 =19

Wasn't sure how you'd want to proceed so I'll hold off posting anything else at the moment.
                          Last edited by Tattooedman; 3rd November 2015, 10:55 AM.

Comment

The Blue Knight

Taking advantage of the fact that Violet had frozen the stone giant, Gwyn's wings flared behind him as he flew forwards, stopping just above and in front of the behemoth, striking rapidly with his soul weapon-armored stone or not, his claymore could strike at the essence of the person inside-which in this case, would be the other shadow twin, he assumed.

Gwyn will fly into melee range with his Claymore (which should leave him out of unarmed range) with Tenebrae and attack with his Will Strike. With his bonus and the fact that she's Helpless, he literally can't miss (her Defense is effectively 4), but let's roll anyway. 1d20+5=23 Missed a critical by that much. DC 26 Will.
                            Extra Effort to Surge and do it again. 1d20+5=14 DC 26 again.
                            Hero Point to remove the Fatigue at the beginning of next round, that should leave Gwyn with 4.
                            [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Imago
                              HP: 4
                              COND: Unharmed

Imago smiled. "And I definitely see Tenebrae in Bulwark. Bleh, but just need to be sure of Eidelon and-"

Violet lost patience and sent a freezing bolt at the giant rock thing got closer. "Come on Astrid, follow me." Then she abandoned her position and heading around the back of the building, trying to get back out of sight.
                              Taking advantage of the fact that Violet had frozen the stone giant, Gwyn's wings flared behind him as he flew forwards, stopping just above and in front of the behemoth, striking rapidly with his soul weapon-armored stone or not, his claymore could strike at the essence of the person inside-which in this case, would be the other shadow twin, he assumed.
                              "You dumb-ass Brits!" Imago managed to catch himself from going too loud in indignation, but he was pissed. All that surprise, the tactical advantage, the timing - and the surety of the looks on Nocti and Tenebrae's faces - down the drain!

OOC
                              Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                              Crinoverse - Avengers
                              Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                              Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                              Crinoverse - Time After Time
                              Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                              Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                              Extreme Unction

Comment

"As usual, you miss the point," Fraction intoned. "You accused us of doing what we please and letting the ends justify the means, but it's no different from what you do."

"I zink zis is where I leave you, Gabrielle. I sincerely 'ope I never 'ave cause to pursue you in an adversarial capacity. Tallemaja, I do 'ope you 'ave turned from ze ways of 'arming folk for your convenience."

"It's not my convenience," Tallemaja said. "I don't do this for me."

"Good luck wiz Chuck," Fluxx said. "Please let me know if zere is a non-objectionable way I might be of assistance. My phone is being tapped by ze British Government, just so you know.

"So, I guess zis is... goodbye."

Fraction said nothing. She simply ghosted through the wall and out of sight. Tallemaja hesitated, if only for a moment. "Her age may not be what you thought it was," the shapeshifter said, "and she may not be what you thought she was... but that doesn't change that you were raised beside her. She's your sister, Martin. She's the only family you have left, and you--both of you--need each other.

"I'm not telling you to abandon your ideals in favor of ours. I'm just saying that... you should try to focus less on what makes you different. I don't doubt our paths will cross again. I'll talk to her. Maybe the next time you two meet, it can be a happier moment for you both."

Tallemaja turned, and followed Fraction through the wall.

Is there anything more you need to do, flynn? Or are we good to wrap here?
                                "More pressing at this moment is the need to get Buddy out uf the DPRK embassy before he gets kaught und suddenly they haf a valid komplaint to press koncerning espionage."

Almost on cue, Eiron's voice came across the speakers. "Hey, it's me... Things are pretty slow here. Nothing really to report except that I'm still breathing."

Bulwark let out of pained cry with each swipe of the Nephilim's claymore. "They had backup!" the titan roared.

• Tenebrae (29 - A20): Bound, Bruised x2, Helpless, Stunned (Blue Knight, R2), Staggered
                                • Shiver (24 - L7 > R8)
                                • Nocti (19 - E3)
                                • Greystone (16 - K10)
                                • The Drifter (15 - K8)
                                • Brimstone (14 - A9)
                                • Verve (13 - M7)
                                • Ursa (13 - O7)
                                • Felsic (12 - P8)
                                • Vestige (9 -P7)
                                • Maze (8 - O8)
                                • Imago (8 - K9)

Tenebrae - Will - DC 26: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14
                                1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18

First fails by 12, making the next one fail by 9 instead of 8. Tenebrae's Possession is Continuous, so she won't need a Concentration check to maintain control over Bulwark's body.

Greystone is up.
                                Armada Status

Comment

Working...
                                X