Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Fluxx nods. it sounded like Lex was already resolved to stay close and not go after the Necromancer. But Tallemaja didn't need to know that. Let her think Fluxx was acquiescing.

"Zpeaking of Elle.
    " Fluxx says turning to his sister, "Elle, what ARE you? Sorry to be so blunt but zis was ze last straw of lies of my childhood. I am told you are a construct of my/our mozer's, not an entity of your own right, but 'onestly, I don't know what zat means. You told me once zat you could not merge in to Entier but zat too could 'ave been false. Nearest I can figure, I grew up once already, but ze person I became was unsatisfactory to my parents for some reason so zey reverted my age, or per'aps just created me anew, and gave me a little sister to see what zat variable would do to ze equation. Given 'ow unsatisfactory I turned out again zey likely would 'ave done so a zird time, maybe wiz an older sibling next to continue ze experiment. Am I close?" He asks her flatly.

Comment

Violet Lear
      HP: 7

By the time the three fakes disappeared, Violet was thoroughly confused. She determined to wait until someone gave a signal that something was real and it was time to attack.

Holding action

Comment

MOUNT PUTUO (Current; NPCs: Dewhurst / Fluxx; NPCs: Fraction and Tallemaja)
        "Zpeaking of Elle," Fluxx said as he turned towards his sister, "Elle, what ARE you? Sorry to be so blunt but zis was ze last straw of lies of my childhood. I am told you are a construct of my/our mozer's, not an entity of your own right, but 'onestly, I don't know what zat means. You told me once zat you could not merge in to Entier but zat too could 'ave been false. Nearest I can figure, I grew up once already, but ze person I became was unsatisfactory to my parents for some reason so zey reverted my age, or per'aps just created me anew, and gave me a little sister to see what zat variable would do to ze equation. Given 'ow unsatisfactory I turned out again zey likely would 'ave done so a zird time, maybe wiz an older sibling next to continue ze experiment. Am I close?"

A serious expression flashed over Elle's face. "Entier was created by an American scientist--a prototype to be used to help normal humans police the super-powered populace. Like many of this man's creations, he used a Neo-Sapien as a template. There was a boy capable of manipulating matter on a molecular level. Entier was essentially a clone of this boy--a clone created as an adult, rather than incubated and raised...

"Entier was difficult to contain. Her handlers called her their Octopus: like an octopus in captivity, she regularly got bored and escaped her container. She would sneak away and find her way to the boy. She spent so much time with him... They were like mother and son. As their handlers fought to keep them from spending time with each other, Entier decided that they needed to escape... and so they did.

"She liberated the boy and left the lab. They vanished into upstate New York, where she attempted to help him have a normal childhood. She split herself into two entities: a mother and father. She split herself even further, and created for him a sister.

"We were very happy: mother, father, my brother, and me... We lived there for years, until... until the car accident. My brother had gone into town. He had a crush on a girl who worked at a bakery. He wanted to see her. He happened upon a accident. Rescue workers were holding back a woman. She was in tears, watching them frantically try to save her son's life.

"My brother came forward, and used his power to save that boy's life. All he did was save a life, and they killed him for it. They killed him because he was different.

"Entier was a clone of Martin... and you are a clone of Entier. She used herself as a template, giving you defensive abilities, in addition to Martin's Neo-Sapien powers. You were not unsatisfactory, Martin. Nothing in this world was more precious to Entier than you. She would do anything for you. That was why she joined Laputa: she wanted to make the world safe for people like Martin. She wanted to ensure no one else had to lose a son because he was different."

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Brimstone, The Drifter, Eidolon, Felsic, Maze, Nocti, Tenebrae, Verve, Vestige)
        Originally posted by Michuru81

The Order: Surprise Round
        • Tenebrae (29)
        • Shiver (24 - L7)
        • Nocti (19)
        • The Blue Knight (18 -N7)
        • Greystone (16 - K10)
        • The Drifter (15 - K8)
        • Eidolon (15 )
        • Brimstone (14 - A9)
        • Verve (13 - M7)
        • Ursa (13 - O7)
        • Felsic (12 - P8)
        • Vestige (9 -P7)
        • Maze (8 - O8)
        • Imago (8 - K9)

Nocti holds. BK is up.
        Armada Status

Comment

Martin was silent a few moments. He would like to say 'Deep in thought' but really, if he had any thoughts right then they were not recorded in the tape of his mind. Maybe they ended up in the ruins of a skyscraper meant to bridge the great divide between the levels of his mind. Maybe those stray thoughts were being now swept up by the army of Fractions in his head maintaining vigilance against outside control and generally keeping the place tidy (he hoped).

The first feeling he actually recalls is slight embarassment that this occurred in front of Tallemaja. When one is revealed the secret of their life it should be in front of friends, not barely amicable associates whose philosophical differences may one day force a reckoning. He found himself wanting to apologize. 'Sorry for subjecting you to this level of non-consentual intimacy', he would say, but no, that was a by product of politeness that his parents instilled in him. Correction, Parent.

He had a million questions but the first one bubbled out before checking in with the others.

"Did zey clone any ozer people's children? Tatjana, per'aps?" the memory of her naked in a tank would not be ignored.

Comment

NVAE: NEWTON'S OFFICE (Magnitude; NPCs: Newton)
            "So... once again... are you asking me to do something?"

"Nothing that I can't do myself," Newton said. "That will be all, Kasamir."

Kas left the headmaster's office to make contact with Buddy...

MOUNT PUTUO (Current; NPCs: Dewhurst)
            "So, guess that means you're going to ghost, huh?" Current asked Dewhurst. "Not like there's anything left here but to wait for somebody to come yell at us."

"I'm going to stay," Dewhurst said. "I need to let London know who was behind the psychic attack on the Chief. Maybe we can shift some manpower over to finding her, if I can argue that she's a threat to our security... Saying that I uncovered her trying to steal a headless zombie might help there."

MOUNT PUTUO (Fluxx; NPCs: Fraction and Tallemaja)
            "Did zey clone any ozer people's children? Tatjana, per'aps?"

"Yes," Elle said. "It was after Alina died. Entier knew how despondent you would be if something similarly were to happen to Tatjana. Entier created a clone of her to ensure that you would have her should the worst happen."
            Armada Status

Comment

"Where is it? Ze clone?" he asks, suddenly alarmed. A clone in stasis somewhere without monitoring... "If zere is not adequate power on ze life support systems...." then another thought hit him... "Did Mozer find a way to correct 'er... condition?"

Jeannette Curie was a brilliant biochemical and medical doctor, if anyone could have engineered a cure. Even if the cure had been genetic resequencing only possibly from the ground up, study of the nuerotransmitters in the unaffected clone would give a clue as to what might be lacking in Tatjana Prime's brain. It would be leaps and bounds to finding a normalizing treatment for her.
              Last edited by flynnarrel; 10-23-2015, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Magnitude
                Kasimir Flaegler
                HP 1

Kas nodded and left Newton's office. The man was undoubtedly going to engage in more subterfuge and lying all in the name of keeping people safe. Politics was like a disease. It afflicted the wise and unwise alike with this pernicious belief that somehow only they could determine what was best.

Well, if Newton needed Kas's help later, he was never difficult to find. Kas had a sneaking suspicion whatever Newton was doing, it would come to light soon enough...for better or worse.

Putting Newton and his Illuminati from his mind, he went to the comm center to get in contact with Buddy. Walking in he scanned the room, fully expecting Juozas and/or Lexus to be present.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                  HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex scratches his head, "Yeah, about that..."

"Seems to me that somebody gets your chief like they did it'd be the biggest priority, right? Nobody knows what they got from the chief,"
                  Lex holds out his hands as if to say 'maybe I'm reaching but who knows', "Seems like it's an important thing right? So why does your group, who's basically working along side some major intelligence gathering groups, get out done by a distraught teenage girl and her idiot boyfriend?"

"I'm just saying, it seems like somebody doesn't want this resolved."

Comment

MOUNT PUTUO (Fluxx; NPCs: Fraction and Tallemaja)
                    "Where is it? Ze clone?" asked an alarmed Fluxx. "If zere is not adequate power on ze life support systems...." He froze, realizing something more: "Did Mozer find a way to correct 'er... condition?"

"It should be a perfect clone," Fraction said. "Whatever conditions your girlfriend has, so will the clone. As for where it is... Entier's lab at the Institute."

UN, COMM CENTER (Kas; NPCs: Wetl)
                    Kas had seen the communications center once. When the Volunteers first began to show success in saving the city, he took a tour of their support systems. He overlooked the new plane purchased for the school. He saw the facility where their uniforms were made. When he toured the communications center, he met Oberleutnant Wetl, a woman he had spoken to several times before...

Wetl was a young Austrian woman who had just a little over a decade on Kas. She oversaw the communications for the Vindicators. Under her command were several dispatchers who tirelessly monitored the communications of the Vindicators, the New Vindicators, and the Volunteers. They routed comm. channels to the appropriate sources and relayed messages when necessary. Wetl and her center were the unsung heroes of the Vindicators' little family.

While it was a minor annoyance to not be allowed in upon his appearance, it was for the best: heightened security meant little chance for their enemies to sabotage them. Kas was forced to wait while Wetl was summoned. The woman emerged from the hub, greeted him hastily, then tried to lead him to a side room.

"I've taken the liberty of setting up a room for your use," she explained. "Diamond Dust, Manticore, and Rheid have been here, working in shifts to monitor Eiron's activities. We offered to monitor it all for them, but... they insisted on being involved. No doubt they recognize the sacrifice Eiron is making and strive to match it."

The door opened and Kas spotted Lexus seated at a switchboard. Armande was asleep in a chair in the corner.

MOUNT PUTUO (Current; NPCs: Dewhurst)
                    "I'm just saying, it seems like somebody doesn't want this resolved."

"I considered that," Dewhurst said slowly. "I'm still considering it. The interim chief is a woman--Francine Applebottom. You've seen her handiwork before: Applebottom is a Neo-Sapien capable of causing things to burst into flames... She's an ambitious woman who's been salivating over the position since she was brought into the department. She sucked up big time to Gus--the chief before Will--and was livid when she was passed over. She's far from insubordinate to Will, but it's obvious to anyone whose ever met her that she hates him.

"She's a good agent. She does her job well. The trouble is... she's ruthless and would shove her own mother off it if it meant she could climb a little higher up the ladder. I wouldn't put it past her to hold the chief for as long as she could..."

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Brimstone, The Drifter, Eidolon, Felsic, Maze, Nocti, Tenebrae, Verve, Vestige)

The Order: Surprise Round
                    • Tenebrae (29)
                    • Shiver (24 - L7)
                    • Nocti (19)
                    • Greystone (16 - K10)
                    • The Drifter (15 - K8)
                    • Eidolon (15 )
                    • Brimstone (14 - A9)
                    • Verve (13 - M7)
                    • Ursa (13 - O7)
                    • Felsic (12 - P8)
                    • Vestige (9 -P7)
                    • Maze (8 - O8)
                    • Imago (8 - K9)

Greystone is up.
                    Armada Status

Comment

Greystone:
                      [Jack Rexroth]
                      HP: 5

Jack fought the urge to bite his lip, as with the gag in his mouth that would have been difficult to do, but damn this waiting for the Armada gang to make their move was getting old given it so far had been the Neo version of a measuring contest between Imago and Eidolon's powers. Though Jack did understand why Nocti had his people playing it safe - he knew it was highly likely there was a trap waiting for them and that involved Imago, and while they likely knew what his powers were it was a safe bet that they had yet to know that the illusionist had allies.

That was the New Vindicator's ace in the hole.

Now the Armada needed to make their move so they could play it.

OOC:

Comment

Both sides waited for the other to make their move. The twins and Eidolon were in hiding, letting Brimstone spring the trap. The New Vindicators were in hiding, waiting for Imago to give the signal.

Suddenly, Brimstone opened her mouth and sent a blast of hellfire for Imago.

The Order: Round One
                        • Tenebrae (29)
                        • Shiver (24 - L7)
                        • Nocti (19)
                        • Greystone (16 - K10)
                        • The Drifter (15 - K8)
                        • Eidolon (15)
                        • Brimstone (14 - A9 > A9)
                        • Verve (13 - M7)
                        • Ursa (13 - O7)
                        • Felsic (12 - P8)
                        • Vestige (9 -P7)
                        • Maze (8 - O8)
                        • Imago (8 - K9)

Brimstone will step forward and unleash a blast at Imago. She's got a 100' for range, so we're okay as far as increments go. Brimstone - Attack: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
                        Eh... Depending on if Imago is flat-footed for having no acted in combat yet? If it hits, EO, DC 25 Toughness. Either way, Verve continues to hold, and it's Ursa's move.
                        Armada Status

Comment

Magnitude
                          Kasimir Flaegler
                          HP 1

Kas was mildly put out that he couldn't be allowed in the communication center....but he pushed that little fit of pique to the back of his mind. Everyone in that center had to be thoroughly vetted and like it or not, he hadn't been. They had to be safety conscious and even if he were immune to mental domination, there was always the possibility that an SPB with the power to possess dust mites was hiding on his clothing ... or something. No, when push came to shove, it was for the best he didn't know what was going on behind that door.

Instead he patiently waited for Oburstlieutenant Wetl to show him to the side room where the Volunteers were engaged in their small rebellion against the Headmaster's authority. Once in the room, he took in the image of the sleeping Armande and Lexus at the comms.

"So," He asked casually. "how goes the war?"

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                            HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex smiled, but his eyes were cold and hard, "Applebottom, huh? I'll remember that."

Now he had the name of the person who'd tried to kill Mira. Eventually, he figured, there'd be a reckoning over that.

Just not right now.

"Anyways, my thinking is that if you say you want to push this forward she'd just going to bench you hard and keep you as far away for any of it as possible," Lex paused then shrugged, "Of course I don't know much about your group, and honestly I'm more than a little biased."

He looks off at the distance, "Do what you do, man. You're the expert. Just keep your eyes open is all, ya know?"

Comment

Fluxx nods, a little disappointed at hearing the 'perfect-ness' of the clone but reassured that it was sequestered at the Institute.

When the Institut du Radium, founded 1909, and the Fondation Curie, established in 1920, merged in 1970 it became Institut Curie. The Institut had three missions: research, teaching and treating cancer as one of the premier biophysics, oncological, biochemical, and chemotherapy research facilities in the world. Apparently, Jeannette and Basil Curie had given it a new purpose in housing their/her personal pet projects (though Martin couldn't deny the value of human tissue cloning research in the treatment of cancer and other medical applications). His parents were given latitude and freedom as befitting the eccentricities of genius. But such autonomy could not be endless. He resolved to go back there and see what other projects they had brewing. The question of whether he let the Institut know of their 'deaths' was a question for another time. He didn't even know if their involvement with a terrorist organization was public knowledge. He could see Newton keeping that quiet out of gratitude for Martin's support and silence during his suspended animation in the secret rooms below the Vindicator's Academy.

Martin shook his head to clear it. The shock of the clone had jumbled his priorities. They originally came here for a purpose.

"Gabrielle, I'm sorry you lost a brozer - ze original Martin. I can imagine zat pain was unbearable for you, because... ze zought of losing you is unbearable to me." He looks to both of the room's occupants now. "I, too, zink ze world needs to change but such radical mezods as 'ad been employed by Laputa only serve to widen ze divide between 'Omo sapiens and Neo sapiens, not reduce it. Anyzing else zan Unity will inevitably lead to Tyranny from one side or ze ozer."

"Look, I know ze two of you will find it 'ard to take me seriously. I cannot calculate your ages and experience levels of ze world. But please know zat I need to act in accordance of what I feel is right. I would not be my mozer's son ozerwise.
                              I came 'ere to save what I believed was a younger sibling's innocence but zis is not ze case. So, Elle, if your chosen actions bring us in opposition will you be okay wiz zat?"
                              Martin asks, a little afraid of the answer.

Comment

Imago
                                HP: 5
                                COND: Unharmed

Imago watched but didn't move, as Brimstone's poorly aimed bolt went high.

OOC
                                Even if flatfooted, he's still Defense DC 13. So miss.
                                Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                                Crinoverse - Avengers
                                Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                                Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                                Crinoverse - Time After Time
                                Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                                Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                                Extreme Unction

Comment

Working...
                                X