Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Fluxx's eyebrows raise at Lex's description. "'Ave you contacted ze Vindicators to see if zey can accept transfer of ze captured evoker? Per'aps zey can offer assistance in ze pursuit of anozer known magical terrorist." he offers.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
      HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex rolls his eyes and looks up to the sky, "I'm currently on the phone with Sprite, the comm with you, and talking with D. I literally cannot contact them right now. Could you give them a call for me, please?"

Comment

NVAE: NEWTON'S OFFICE (Magnitude; NPCs: Mirza and Newton)
        "At what point do you determine people haf been desensitized enough or are mature enough to broach the issue uf parallel worlds?"

"It's not about their maturity," said the headmaster. "If we make that reveal, we're going to face several questions that we are ill-equipped to answer. We know about the existence of alternate dimensions, but what else?"

"Never mind," Kas said, shaking his head. "I will leaf planning how to proceed to you bold souls. I will attempt to get Buddy to abandon his spying on the Koreans, und I must apologize to a young woman whose attempt at assisting me I rebuffed."

"A moment more, Kas?" asked Newton. He looked to Mirza. "Please let me know when you have a statement drafted." He watched as the woman made her way out, leaving the pair alone again. "As I said, we don't know much beyond that this world's exist... but I might know who we can turn to for answers..."

He gestured to a chair, inviting the young hero to sit as he told his long tale.

"As I recently told you, Doctor Bacon is a colleague of mine. I'm afraid I was not very forthcoming with the precise details of our association. Doctor Bacon and I were both part of a very clandestine group of ageless beings known as the Illuminati. There were twelve of us in total. Doctor Bacon, Mister Bottom, and myself were all members of this group. Two others are currently part of the faculty at our sister school in Tokyo: Pierre Bezukhov is the headmaster there, while Nicolas Flamel teaches science.

"Another of our order resides in Japan: Yukimura Sanada owns and operates Best Akachōchin in Tokyo--a front for his group of... ninja heroes, I suppose. While in Africa, your group apparently encountered another of them: Jack Dawkins, the Artful Dodger. I'm not sure where many of the others are: Hippocrates, Bartleby, Clopin, Indrid Cold... The last of our order, Ahasuerus, was entombed beneath the earth. Trust me, it was a necessary measure: the fool sought to unmake all of existence just to bring his immortality to a close. We seldom met. When we did, we bickered. With the prerequisite for joining being agelessness, we were not of similar philosophies. When Ahasuerus went rogue, we split up, electing instead to trust in 'mortals' to steer the world from here on out.

"One of our missions was to protect humanity from things it could not hope to understand. You must understand now that there is more to this world than just Neo-Sapiens. You've been to other universes; you've fought mages... One of the most dangerous things in this world are the relics of legend--instruments of magic forged by ancient wizards. There are several orders dedicated to finding these items. Some lock them away. Others study them to better understand how humanity can benefit from them. These people may known more about other dimensions than we do. Unfortunately, they will guard these secrets with a fervor like you wouldn't believe. Even with the experiences you've had, they may not trust you with what they know. They may even view you as a threat to preserving that information.

"If you think they can help though, and if you're willing to proceed... I will do what I can to help you find the Thule Society."

MOUNT PUTUO (Current; NPCs: Dewhurst / Fluxx; NPCs: Fraction and Tallemaja)
        Originally posted by Michuru81
        I've nothing to add. Dewhurst won't be a jerk and muddle Lex and Martin's conversation more.
        MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Brimstone, The Drifter, Eidolon, Felsic, Maze, Nocti, Tenebrae, Verve, Vestige)
        At the sight of the crew of the Kurbash walking out into the open, the Drifter tensed. "Here they come," she said.

It was a statement that perplexed Imago: he hadn't seen hide nor hair of the villains.

The Order: Surprise Round
        • Tenebrae (29 - A9)
        • Shiver (24 - L7)
        • Nocti (19 - A8)
        • The Blue Knight (18 -N7)
        • Greystone (16 - K10)
        • The Drifter (15 - K8)
        • Eidolon (15 - A10)
        • Brimstone (14 - A11)
        • Verve (13 - M7)
        • Ursa (13 - O7)
        • Felsic (12 - P8)
        • Vestige (9 -P7)
        • Maze (8 - O8)
        • Imago (8 - K9)

Dennis' vision counters illusions. He does not see what the others do.
        Armada Status

Comment

Imago
          HP: 5
          COND: Unharmed

"No, they're not here Liz. Why would you..." The answer snapped into place quickly. "It's Eidelon's illusions. You guys have to wait till I actually see them."

Otherwise, the all important advantage of surprise would be lost if the trap sprung early...

OOC
          Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
          Crinoverse - Avengers
          Crinoverse - Young Avengers
          Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
          Crinoverse - Time After Time
          Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
          Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
          Extreme Unction

Comment

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Brimstone, The Drifter, Eidolon, Felsic, Maze, Nocti, Tenebrae, Verve, Vestige)
            Shock flashed over the Drifter's face before she looked back to the approaching villains, then back to her allies. "They're using it to test what we're going to do," she realized. "They know it's a trap and they're trying to have us show them what we're planning for them."
            Armada Status

Comment

Fluxx purses his lips. Lex had the only non-tapped phone, but given that he'd just used it to call Mira's that was probably moot as MI-whatever would start bugging Gaspar's too.

Fluxx makes his apologies to the room and calls whatever number will get him to the Vindicator's the quickest. [I don't know if there's a hotline or if calling the Headmaster would be best.]

Knowing his phone was tapped he might as well try to get Faust and his group on the British Intelligence Agency's radar.

"Yes, We apprehended one of the magical terrorists responsible on one of ze attacks on Vienna recently - No, not ze flying Island, later zan zat.... No, not ze sandstorm, 'ospital, vines, and sinkholes... Yes, ze giant skeletons one. Mikayla is an energy manipulator wiz Chuck Faust's group caught trying to take possession of a powerful undead warrior capable of laying waste to entire city blocks. I can send coordinates for an extraction. Faust's necromancer, Nicholas is still at large nearby but Lex and I may be able to appre'end 'im. Chuck, 'imself is in Australia or New Zealand, and no idea on ze body manipulator Dante. Would an extraction be possible of ze girl?"
              Fluxx asks.
              "And be warned zat operatives from ze Avalon School for Girls are on scene as well under direction of Alice Goddard." He hoped that would be enough.

Comment

Magnitude
                Kasimir Flaegler
                HP 1

Kas sat and listened to Headmaster Newton tell his tale, consciously willing himself not to drum his fingers on his helmet, propped as it was, on his knee. After the immortal was finished, Kas rubbed his chin.

"This is all very interesting, but exaktly what are the Thule Society helping me with? I haf made no plans to investigate...anything. My docket for today inkludes getting Buddy away from the embassy of the Democratik Peoples Republik uf Korea, apologizing to Agnes for being abrupt mit her last night as I attempted to get some sleep und making sure our dimension tossed guest, has neither perished or vanished."

Leaning back in his seat, Kas ran his fingers through his pale hair. "Is there something you wish me to investigate...bearing in mind, the last favor I did for the administration resulted in the mess we are kurrently in mit the koreans."

Comment

Imago

Well then, Imago decided. Time to force their hand. Using his sound illusions his allies all heard him whisper as if right into their ears.

*Stay put, don't jump when you hear the shots.*

In the sky, well visible, to the west, fireworks burst into big white words.

I'MA SHOOT HIM

Imago pointed the pistol at the wall, safely above Greystone's head, and fired.

I'MA SHOOT HIM AGAIN

OOC
                  Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                  Crinoverse - Avengers
                  Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
                    [Jack Rexroth]

Jack says nothing as Imago explains the Armada’s trick, as it was likely they were closely watching him and the psychic. Instead the American plays the role of unconscious prisoner while waiting for Imago’s signal.

Comment

The dispatcher's English was not the best, but he seemed to understand. With promises to notify the proper channels, he signed off. It was hardly a minute later when Martin heard a response: "Vindicators are inbound," someone told him.

NVAE: NEWTON'S OFFICE (Magnitude; NPCs: Newton)
                      "Er, no... I just... I made the presumption that... Given how you reacted to the idea that the public is not ready for news of parallel world... Forgive me. I'll not hold you any longer."

Bulwark charged at the gun-totting illusionist. As the titan surged forward, crimson flames blazed across the ground and began to curve upwards. Brimstone was making a ramp for the rock man to charge up--to drop down onto the group.

I wasn't sure how far to take this, given that I don't know how far Jack and Dennis want this to go.
                      Armada Status

Comment

"Ze Vindicators are on zeir way." Fluxx reports to both Lex and the two with him. "What are your plans, now?" he directs his question toward his sister but also some toward Tallemaja.

Comment

Imago

OOC
                          So just to clarify, between Mich and I in PMs, we worked out that Imago is free to counter the attack. As so.
                          Counter Illusion: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16
                          Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                          Crinoverse - Avengers
                          Extreme Unction

Comment

Magnitude
                            Kasimir Flaegler
                            HP 1

Kas sighed, but didn't rise. "Ja, you are korrekt, I would rather not play kloak und dagger games mit this information...bekause the publik is not some monolithik imbecilik entity. There are people in the general publik who would celebrate the diskovery uf other dimensions, und scientists und engineers who kould help making kontakt a reality if they knew uf such things. As far as I am koncerned this information is like the pursuit uf nuclear weaponry."

"You must assume, just as I do, that since Gwyn und I made our report about the missing airkraft, all the member nations uf the UN Sekurity Kouncil are engaged in finding a way to breach dimensional barriers for their own purposes. More than a kouple uf those purposes will be morally questionable. As long as they get to operate without publik skrutiny...they kan engage in any deplorable behavior they please."

Kas stood up and tucked his helm under his arm. "Keeping sekrets rarely turns out well, und I personally believe there is greater risk in not making this information publik. We help provide kover for the malignant men, who operate in the shadows to do so freely, but...I am trusting in your greater experience and your judgement, so I will not make any moves to subvert whatever you und Ms. Mirza haf planned."

"I will not, however, kondukt an investigation into alternate dimensions und learn how to travel between, only to haf that knowledge suppressed und fed to the very shadowy men I despise, so they may more easily engage in their aktivities. I am an idealist mein herr, und young, but I am not a fool...I know how these things work."

Giving his point of view a moment to hang in the air, he asked again. "So...once again...are you asking me to do something?"

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                              HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex sighed, "I suppose that means we're stuck here for a good long while."

He shifted the cellphone to find a more comfortable position, waiting for Mira to report in.

"So, guess that means you're going to ghost, huh?" He says looking at Dewhurst, "Not like there's anything left here but to wait for somebody to come yell at us."

Comment

"What are your plans, now?"

"I intend to ask you to do something you won't like," Tallemaja said. "I'm going to ask you to not pursue the Russian.

"We're trying to stop Chuck Faust. This is our opportunity to do so. If neither of his minions return to him, he'll likely see through our rouse and know that the auction was a trap meant for him. I doubt that he would return. If, however, Nicholas returns... He will convey that it was the Avalon Academy who disrupted the transaction, and may even believe that it was they who captured Mikayla. Given that the Faustian Society has twice now escaped your brig, I think your camp would appreciate him not presuming she's in your custody.

"If you let Nicholas go, there is a good chance it will allow Elle and I to bring down Faust. I won't fight you on it--just ask you to consider what I'm saying. If you let him go, we will continue our campaign against the mages. If you pursue him, then there will be no need for me to maintain this guise, and Elle will need to make her way to London, and restore that woman's mouth and hands."

Bulwark ran up the hellfire ramp. He jumped, moving to squash the heroes. As he fell, he faded from existence. The ramp dissolved into the air.

Imago was right: it was an illusion.

A few moments more passed before Brimstone appeared at the south. She appeared again where Bulwark had been. Another stood in the shadow of the jet left on the base.

"It has to be more illusions," the Drifter said. "It's too obvious..."

In the west, Imago could see the Nephilim--blazing pitchfork in hand. He pointed her out, only for the Drifter to cringe. "There's three of her coming from there," she said.

Once more, one Esper overpowered the other, and the illusion was dispelled. Now, the New Vindicators saw a lone half-demon standing on the base, slowly walking towards them.

They did not see her companions...

The Order: Surprise Round
                                • Tenebrae (29)
                                • Shiver (24 - L7)
                                • Nocti (19)
                                • The Blue Knight (18 -N7)
                                • Greystone (16 - K10)
                                • The Drifter (15 - K8)
                                • Eidolon (15 )
                                • Brimstone (14 - A9)
                                • Verve (13 - M7)