Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

"Tallemaja is a sociopath but she's a powerful resource who's intention to help is admirable even if 'er mezods and regard for ozer's lives are deplorable. And she is a flight of stairs away and probably 'as knowledge of ze magic used by zat teleportation coin token. Seriously, 'unting down ze necromancer is a better alternative to you, zan dealing wiz 'er?" Fluxx says in askance.

Maybe it was the fact that Tallemaja kept her word in defending the school and securing Tatjana's and Rembrandt's release that made Martin willing to deal with her again. But it wasn't worth losing Lex's support.

"Okay. Fine. I'll continue to investigate Mikalya's chemical signatures. If you don't get a 'old of 'er see if ze Vindicators are willing to trace 'er GPS."

[Please use my roll from above.

P.S. You've never said if Fraction left or not.]
    Last edited by flynnarrel; 12th October 2015, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
      HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex shrugs as he waits for the phone, "She had a coin that teleports her. Apparently that's not stuff she can do, so somebody made it for her. Stands to reason it's a quick way home. If that's true, necromancer probably has one too."

"In which case we could probably steal it and get to Sprite ASAP."

Comment

Violet Lear
        HP: 7

Violet looked to Jack. "I'll follow your lead.
        Guess I'll just try to stick em once you take away their shadows."

Comment

Imago
          HP: 5

"I saw how Ursa took down Pyre." Imago recalled, with more than a hint of pleasure. "Might as well put Loaded for Bear on Brimstone as well. If the twins are the priority threat, then we can have Maze and Felsic back Shiver and Greystone up. As for the non-direct combatants, I have a feeling you'll be throwing a lot of 'bangs and tear gas."

OOC
          Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
          Crinoverse - Avengers
          Crinoverse - Young Avengers
          Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
          Crinoverse - Time After Time
          Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
          Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
          Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
            [Jack Rexroth]

"In addition ta ddraig's light, we should see about the army setting up floodlights and conceal em if we can, ya?"

Shiver didn't look so sure about the Blue Knight's suggestion. "Floodlights will still make shadows won't they?"

"Depends on how many floodlights the army people could get and how bright they'd be," said Greystone.

The Drifter looked to Verve. "Can you go and ask the general to get us the floodlights, please?"

Verve seemed happy to be trusted with any aspect of their mission and eagerly headed off to put in the request. "I suppose the next order of business is: who goes where?

"Imago will be working to counteract Eidolon, and I imagine the Blue Knight is best tailored for fighting Brimstone. Greystone and Shiver are committed to the twins... That leaves Felsic, Ursa, Vestige, Verve, and myself to support you all. Where do you want us?"

Violet looked to Jack. "I'll follow your lead. Guess I'll just try to stick em once you take away their shadows."
            Jack nodded his head.

"I saw how Ursa took down Pyre." Imago recalled, with more than a hint of pleasure. "Might as well put Loaded for Bear on Brimstone as well. If the twins are the priority threat, then we can have Maze and Felsic back Shiver and Greystone up. As for the non-direct combatants, I have a feeling you'll be throwing a lot of 'bangs and tear gas."
            "I was thinking that Maze could back up me and Shiver and Felsic could work with the Blue Knight, but Ursa would make a good addition." He glanced in the direction that Verve had went then to Bea and the Drifter. "And Imago pretty much said what I was thinking for you three - back up the others with the army gear."

The tattooed teen then goes into more of the plan. "I also going off the idea that since I'm impersonating Incubus for Imago's message that'll I'll have to play the part when they show up, since I'm pretty sure the shadow twins will come in first to check things out. So "Incubus" will have to be around for them to find so that we can spring the trap." Jack pauses for a moment then adds. "I know that means I'm running a risk being near them when the flash-bangs are thrown but it's just the way it is. I should be able to use my powers to protect myself."

Comment

Originally posted by Arkrite View Post

"In which case we could probably steal it and get to Sprite ASAP."
              Fluxx remains dubious they can get to Nicolas, get his coin, and get to Sprite in any time to help her with an ambush she potentially just teleported into, in time to do any good. But he keeps those thoughts to himself and continues to 'Sherlock' the chemicals on her person and shoes.

Comment

Magnitude
                Kasimir Flaegler
                Condition: free at last!
                HP 1

The image before him flickered, first appearing to be Drifter, then the play of her geography changed and it was Agnes. Then back to being Elizabeth...and once again Agnes.

"Agnes? What is the meaning uf this? I haf had an extraordinarily trying day. With Astrid missing, I need mein rest und haf no time for shenanigans."

Honestly, since she'd not been a part of the team training exercises, Kas had forgotten Agnes. Thinking back to their first encounter, he shouldn't have.

It is a tragedy Ji-won turned out to be so duplicitous, bekause she seemed sane. I really kould use a sane girl in my life. He thought to himself. Then thinking of Drifter, he amended. Make that a sane girl not kaught up in insane cirkumstances.

Comment

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO [INSIDE] (Current and Fluxx; NPCs: Mikayla)
                  A single, golden coin dropped from the purse into Sprite's palm. The moment it touched her, she vanished.

"Merde!" Fluxx exclaimed. Though it took him by surprise, he quickly gathered his wits about him. "Let's go see Tallemaja." He bent down and started to gather up Mikayla's possessions before moving to hoist her to her feet. Even without looking at Current, he could tell the American was scowling. "Please understand, I see mind reading like 'talking to' or 'interrogating' 'er except she cannot lie. And someone who actively tries to kill an innocent civilian in front of me deserves less civil liberties."

"Did she get to you man? I mean you've been pushing to go to T since we got out of there." Armed with Gaspar's mobile phone in, he started to dial Sprite's mobile. The comms Dewhurst had given them worked on a limited range. If Sprite was out of that range... "It's starting to worry me. We haven't even tried to talk to Sprite, or track her phone, or even hunt down the necromaner."

"Tallemaja is a sociopath, but she's a powerful resource whose intention to help is admirable even if 'er mezods and regard for ozer's lives are deplorable. And she is a flight of stairs away and probably 'as knowledge of ze magic used by zat teleportation coin token."

"She had a coin that teleports her," Current said, coolly reasoning out what had just happened. "Apparently that's not stuff she can do, so somebody made it for her. Stands to reason it's a quick way home. If that's true, necromancer probably has one too... In which case we could probably steal it and get to you ASAP."

"Hello?" Sprite timidly said as she answered the phone. "Lex? I don't know what just happened... I'm... I have no idea where I am..."

"Seriously," said Fluxx, "'unting down ze necromancer is a better alternative to you, zan dealing wiz 'er? Okay. Fine. I'll continue to investigate Mikalya's chemical signatures."

As Current left, Fluxx lowered Mikayla back to the floor. He took her things one-by-one and sniffed them. There was nothing off of most of her possessions: the scent of leather, her scent--traces of his own smell, from when his ear had been in her pocket...

He took her boots and smelled the soles. They were fairly clean. She might have been in an urban area and not been walking through much dirt or mud. There were traces of perchloroethylene, triclosan, butoxyethanol--fairly common in most household cleaners... That wasn't much help. It meant she had recently walked across a floor that had been mopped or a carpet that had been cleaned.

Though flat, the soles were old and wearing. They might not have had threads to pick up the earth, but some of the soil's organic matter--the bit composed of dead and decaying plant life--might still be ingrained into it...

Sure enough, he got a whiff of something faint. Given the condition of her shoes, it had to be an old scent, but it was one he recognized: calluna vulgaris was found widely across Europe and Asia Minor, but it was the most dominant plant in Europe's heaths and moors.

The odds that this girl had been traipsing about in a bog were good.

Originally posted by Michuru81
                  Originally posted by flynnarrel View Post
                  You've never said if Fraction left or not.
                  I did, but it was buried inside of dialogue. I should have formatted it better--having it be it's own paragraph. My apologies, sir.

"Just drop downward fifteen meters, electrical room. Be wary of ze psychic field, it may still be active. Ze zree of us will look for a physical way down so we can bring Mikayla." Fraction dropped through the floor. "I'm sure Tallemaja will want to get information before we turn 'er over. I am... 'esitant to turn 'er in to Pandora. Zere 'as been two escapes from ze prison zat we know of. And ze London facility is so secure even ze Laputettes drop of prisoners, sans important parts." Fluxx's voice was dripping with judgement.
                  I had her leave as soon as Martin told her where Tallemaja was.
                  THE ISLAND (Current; NPCs: Dewhurst)
                  Current made his way out of the building and looked around. Dewhurst was approaching him, but there was no sign of the necromancer.

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: The Drifter, Felsic, Maze, Verve, Vestige)
                  It sounds as though you lot have a plan. Are you ready to have Dennis proceed with his show?
                  NVAE (Magnitude; NPCs: Agnes)
                  "With Astrid missing, I need mein rest und haf no time for shenanigans."

"You are resting," she said, opting to remain in the guise of the Drifter. "This is all a dream. Isn't this what you want? To dream about her? Or would you rather...?"

She turned and waved her hand, transforming the landscape to be one of the city of Vienna, cheering as Magnitude rose a float through a parade. A banner above him said 'Volunteers Day'. This was a parade for his team--a celebration of their accomplishments.

"Or, if you'd prefer..."

He was back in the tunnel. The Vitesse brothers were laying at his feet. Agnes was in his arms. "Thank you for saving me, Magnitude," she said. "You're my hero."

An instant more and they were back in his room. Once more, she was the Drifter. "I know what a long day you've had," she said. "So, let me help you relax... Tell me what you want to dream about and I'll make it so."
                  Armada Status

Comment

My apologies for me missing what happened to Fraction.
                    "She's been in a European bog or moor." he says into his Commlink. "Scotland maybe or ze French lowlands, someplace else, I cannot tell."

Fluxx checks Mikalya's breathing once again and administers another sedative if need be. Now with Lex gone he stretches his arm holding the billfold down a corridor until it was a good distance away [40 feet] then works it until he frees the 'something different from the money. He squints to make it out, travelling his eye cautiously down his arm if need be in order to identify it.
                    Last edited by flynnarrel; 13th October 2015, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Magnitude
                      Kasimir Flaegler
                      HP 1

He was asleep? He hadn't even realized he'd passed out. Of course, knowing how Agnes' powers worked the very fact she was here lent credence to her claims.

"Nein, Agnes...I do not want the Drifter in mein dreams. She haunts mein waking hours enough as it is. I may as well spend mein time thinking of Sophie...since a future with either is equally unlikely."

"Honestly, while your offer is enticing, dreams are how our subconscious processes the events of our day, allowing us to rest und rekover. If you manipulate mein dreams, I will be unable to akkomplish that task...und todays aktivities require much processing."

Not to mention, Kas was fairly certain Agnes would have manipulated the dream to include an amorous encounter had he not noticed her subterfuge. There was definite ethical...fuzziness...to that possibility.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex nods, "Yeah, I think you just activated the witch girl's escape plan. That coin probably teleported you back somewhere."

"Try to find some place to hide for a minute, and we'll bring up google maps on your phone and figure out where you are,"
                        Lex said as calmly as he could, "Then we'll come get you."

Comment

MOUNT PUTUO (Fluxx; NPCs: Mikayla)
                          Pulling open the bills, Fluxx wasn't surprised to see Euros--the evoker had been active in Austria, and it was fairly widely circulated--and it made sense for her to be carrying Chinese Yuan. What didn't compute was what she was doing with Brazilian Real.

MOUNT PUTUO (Current)
                          "I'm outside somewhere," Sprite said. "It's night time. It looks hilly here and it's sort of chilly--maybe twelve or fourteen degrees? I can see a light on at a house in the distance, but otherwise... I think I might be in a jungle or something..."

NVAE (Magnitude; NPCs: Agnes)
                          Agnes opened her mouth and shut it again. "Fine," she grumbled. "I just wanted to help you rest. I still will, if you want. Just... come and find me..."

Agnes faded out, and Kas was allowed to dream his own dreams...

Thursday, April 9, 2009

NVAE (Magnitude)

The next morning, he awoke.

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: The Drifter, Felsic, Maze, Verve, Vestige)
                          Go ahead with Imago's broadcast, EO.
                          Armada Status

Comment

Imago

The whole thing had to be set up right. Cleared up space, open outdoors, cameras and lights ready to roll... Jack was strapped into a gurney upright like many mental patients might be. The Neo was morphed into Incubus and also gagged - mainly to keep his voice from giving it all away.

Dennis was dressed as he usually was, and the main focus on camera. Time to make it good with the acting. And 3...2...1...

"Hey, morning to everyone everywhere." Imago began conversationally. "I'm Imago, emergency recruit to the Vindicators. Look. It's been a rough week. What with the seven friendly super-terrorists from above causing murder and mayhem. But here's something to lighten your spirits."

Intentionally, he sauntered off camera and reappeared dragging in the strapped down 'Incubus.' "See, they made a mistake. They made me mad. Piss me off, and I become more powerful than you can image. And guess what? The seven are down to five. Pyre and Bile are D-E-A-D. Isn't that right, Incubus."

On cue, Jack-cubus very slowly, painfully and reluctantly nodded. Imago had an evil, wicked grin on his face as he approached the camera. "And let's be honest, after what they've all done, I know our citizens of the world want to see these monsters done and buried. On behalf of global interest, we'll be broadcasting Incubus' execution in a couple hours. 11 AM EST, 10 Central. Sure, you other despicable four might want to intervene. You can try. Imago, OUT."

And that was a cut.

OOC
                            Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                            Crinoverse - Avengers
                            Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                            Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                            Crinoverse - Time After Time
                            Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                            Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                            Extreme Unction

Comment

Fluxx was glad for the lack of explosions. "Mikayla was also recently in Brazil." He says into the comms.

He takes a moment to turn the sedated mage's clothes to titanium, then ghosts downward to try and find Tallemaja and his sister.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex nods, flicking on his comm while still talking into the phone, "Sprite says she's in a jungle, and Fluxx says that Mikaya was in Brazil recently."

"Guess that might explain where you got to,"
                                Lex rubs the back of his neck, "My paranoia senses are saying that you should stay away from that house. Might be a good idea to fly up a good distance, find a coastline or a big body of water. There ought to be a city around there, would make finding you a whole lot easier."

"Either way you might want to move soon, no telling if the necromancer had a coin too. Oh, and don't walk. To many poisonous critters for a walk in sandals, ya know?"

Comment

Working...
                                X