Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

The Blue Knight

Gwyn nodded-everything sounded fine to him. "In addition ta ddraig's light, we should see about the army setting up floodlights-and conceal em if we can, ya?"
    [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Magnitude
      Kasimir Flaegler
      Condition: derp
      HP 1

Now Kas was really confused. Elizabeth was making little sense...at least she was making little sense when her current statements and attitude were compared to what she said when they first met.

"Wait...you lost the Astrolabe? From what you told me, I did not think such a thing was possible. Und if you did, where did you lose it? How did you return without it?"

"This makes no sense Elizabeth. The Astrolabe needs to be locked away...not simply let free to warp space und time as it chooses. At the very least, it needs a kustodian willing to help direkt its energies toward the greater good."

Taking a step back, he frowned. His adrenaline was pumping now. What if someone careless or worse yet, nihilistic came to be partnered with the device? The damage that could be done across all dimensions was unfathomable. "Elizabeth, you know if the Astrolabe has gone missing that finding it again is a priority."

He sighed and grabbed his helmet up. "There is no time to waste. We must report this to Herr Newton und Frau Fischer."

Sooo...I'm just going along with this until interacting with the illusion gets crazy enough to provoke another save. I'm not burning my last HP.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
        HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex holds up a hand, "Wait, wait, wait. Why exactly are we trying to take this one to Tellamagic?"

"Getting past the part that I don't much like her, or what she does; Why in the world would we hand over somebody else to her?"
        Lex raises an eyebrow, runs a hand through his hair and looks over to Martin, "I'm really not cool with mind controlling anybody. I get she isn't exactly a good person, but that doesn't make doing something terrible to her the right thing to do, ya know?"

Comment

"Not ''anding over', and not 'mind control'. Tallemaja told me enough to convince me of ze danger Chuck Faust poses. If she can get any information from Mikayla's mind to t'wart ze abjurer zat is of benefit. Zen we shall get Mikayla to ze Vindicators, if zey can come get 'er. Any objections?" he looks to Lex and Mira.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex raises a hand, "Uh, yeah, the part where you are letting her mess with somebody else's mind."

"This isn't somebody who is misunderstood, this is somebody who used our friends as human shields, tampered with their minds, and almost killed Beatrice,"
            Lex shrugs, "I know she's claiming to be doing these things for the best, but tell that to Beatrice or Dag."

"If you want to hunt these guys down, that's cool. Hell, I'll even help out. But not like this, man. There are better ways of getting information,"
            He shakes his head, and frowns, "Besides, getting past the morality of it... seriously, have we ever come away from a run in with psychic powers that didn't end in a god damn disaster?"

Comment

"A better way to get information?" Fluxx stops. "'Ow exactly is zat, Lex?"

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex shrugs, "Well, for starters you could try talking to her yourself."

"Not to mention you haven't even bothered to check her pockets yet. Unless they used magic to appear here they've got to have something to link them back to where they came from,"
                Lex looks up at the sky as he thinks, "Even if they did they'd probably have something that'd link back to where they came from. A receipt, plane ticket, money, hotel keys."

"Hell, that handheld she's always playing might tell us something. Most of those things are region locked, so if you see which version she's packing it might give us a clue."

"Not to mention that we happen to have a scientific genius with all sorts of neat sensory powers who might be able to detect all sorts of @$*#."

Comment

Violet Lear
                  HP: 7

"Floodlights will still make shadows won't they?"

Comment

Greystone:
                    [Jack Rexroth]
                    HP: 5

"Depends on how many floodlights the army people could get and how bright they'd be."

Comment

Fluxx opens his mouth to reply, but shuts it again. He pauses, considering.

"I'm... no Sherlock." he admits still considering the idea. "And I admit to some hesitancy in going zrough a mage's pockets for fear of.... well, for lack of a better analogy, 'Explosive Runes' or the like - a magical boobie trap zat *I* would put on my items were I a mage and zat I'm pretty sure zey put into Ender's Game zat zey wanted me, as Tellemaja, to read." Fluxx shrugs. "And zere wasn't time before, but I suppose you are correct, we can see what we infer from 'er."

"Sprite, for proprieties sake could you pull zings out of 'er pockets and make a pile of zem?" Fluxx asks.

"I'll olfactorally inspect ze chemicals on 'er, especially ze shoes."

Analytical smell and -
                      Investigation: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex blinks, "Explosive ruins?"

"Uh,"
                        Lex grimaces, "I can grow back my limbs, maybe I ought to do it?"

Comment

Fluxx looks at Lex. Did the American forget who he was traveling with?

"'Runes' as in glyph or mark. Not 'ruins'. In D&D zey are usually fire which Sprite sports immunity to. Nor did I fear lasting injury given my family's abilities were I wrong. But by all means if you wish to. Kirstie is a more... understanding girlfriend zan mine. It's Tatjana's emotional condition. I am careful not to do any zing prone to be misconstrued." Fluxx explains.

Comment

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: The Drifter, Felsic, Maze, Verve, Vestige)
                            Greystone nodded as the Drifter laid out her concerns with the operation. "I can provide constant light after the flashbangs. I was thinking that Violet could ice them down like she did with Pyre and Bile, then we can hopefully question them."

"In addition ta ddraig's light, we should see about the army setting up floodlights and conceal em if we can, ya?"

Shiver didn't look so sure about the Blue Knight's suggestion. "Floodlights will still make shadows won't they?"

"Depends on how many floodlights the army people could get and how bright they'd be," said Greystone.

The Drifter looked to Verve. "Can you go and ask the general to get us the floodlights, please?"

Verve seemed happy to be trusted with any aspect of their mission and eagerly headed off to put in the request. "I suppose the next order of business is: who goes where?

"Imago will be working to counteract Eidolon, and I imagine the Blue Knight is best tailored for fighting Brimstone. Greystone and Shiver are committed to the twins... That leaves Felsic, Ursa, Vestige, Verve, and myself to support you all. Where do you want us?"

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO [INSIDE] (Current and Fluxx; NPCs: Fraction, Mikayla, Sprite)
                            "We're here. Where is Tallemaja?"

"Just drop downward fifteen meters, electrical room. Be wary of ze psychic field, it may still be active. Ze zree of us will look for a physical way down so we can bring Mikayla." Fraction dropped through the floor. "I'm sure Tallemaja will want to get information before we turn 'er over. I am... 'esitant to turn 'er in to Pandora. Zere 'as been two escapes from ze prison zat we know of. And ze London facility is so secure even ze Laputettes drop of prisoners, sans important parts." Fluxx's voice was dripping with judgement.

Current held up a hand. "Wait, wait, wait... Why exactly are we trying to take this one to Tellamagic? Getting past the part that I don't much like her, or what she does, why in the world would we hand over somebody else to her?" The American raised an eyebrow as he ran a hand through his hair. "I'm really not cool with mind controlling anybody. I get she isn't exactly a good person, but that doesn't make doing something terrible to her the right thing to do, ya know?"

"Not ''anding over', and not 'mind control'. Tallemaja told me enough to convince me of ze danger Chuck Faust poses. If she can get any information from Mikayla's mind to t'wart ze abjurer zat is of benefit. Zen we shall get Mikayla to ze Vindicators, if zey can come get 'er. Any objections?"

"Uh, yeah, the part where you are letting her mess with somebody else's mind."

"I'm with Current," Sprite said. "How is this any different from what Durendal did to Viktor? You're still stripping someone of their personal liberties."

"This isn't somebody who is misunderstood," Current said, "this is somebody who used our friends as human shields, tampered with their minds, and almost killed Beatrice. I know she's claiming to be doing these things for the best, but tell that to Beatrice or Dag."

"If you want to hunt these guys down, that's cool. Hell, I'll even help out, but not like this, man. There are better ways of getting information. Besides, getting past the morality of it... seriously, have we ever come away from a run in with psychic powers that didn't end in a goddamn disaster?"

"A better way to get information? 'Ow exactly is zat, Lex?"

"Well, for starters you could try talking to her yourself," Current said as Sprite said, "We could interrogate her ourselves." At the realization that both were trying to talk at the same time, Sprite motioned for Current to go ahead.

"Not to mention you haven't even bothered to check her pockets yet. Unless they used magic to appear here they've got to have something to link them back to where they came from," Lex looks up at the sky as he thinks, "Even if they did they'd probably have something that'd link back to where they came from. A receipt, plane ticket, money, hotel keys..."

"We could try to bargain with her," Sprite said. "Threaten her with Pandora. Tell her we can maybe get her a lighter sentence if she cooperates with us."

"Hell, that handheld she's always playing might tell us something. Most of those things are region locked, so if you see which version she's packing it might give us a clue."

"Maybe we do what they do on TV? Tell her we have her friend, make her think he's talking and pinning it all on her."

"Not to mention that we happen to have a scientific genius with all sorts of neat sensory powers who might be able to detect all sorts of @$*#."

Fluxx opened his mouth to reply only to shut it again. He paused, considering his words carefully. "I'm... no Sherlock," he admitted, still considering the idea, "and I admit to some hesitancy in going zrough a mage's pockets for fear of... well, for lack of a better analogy, 'Explosive Runes' or the like: a magical boobie trap zat I would put on my items were I a mage and zat I'm pretty sure zey put into Ender's Game zat zey wanted me, as Tellemaja, to read. And zere wasn't time before, but I suppose you are correct, we can see what we infer from 'er.

"Sprite, for propriety's sake could you pull zings out of 'er pockets and make a pile of zem? I'll olfactorally inspect ze chemicals on 'er, especially ze shoes."

The English girl nodded before kneeling down to start emptying Mikayla's pockets. As she did, Mikayla's eyes fluttered open. Sprite paused for a moment, then set about continuing to avail the girl of her possessions: a cell phone, a Nintendo DS, a PSP, a money clip containing mostly Euros, though something differently was obviously folded in the middle.

"Explosive ruins?" Current asked. "Uh, I can grow back my limbs, maybe I ought to do it?"

Fluxx flashed his classmate a deadpan look. "'Runes' as in glyph or mark, not 'ruins'. In D&D zey are usually fire, which Sprite sports immunity to. Nor did I fear lasting injury given my family's abilities were I wrong. But by all means if you wish to. Kirstie is a more... understanding girlfriend zan mine. It's Tatjana's emotional condition. I am careful not to do any zing prone to be misconstrued."

Sprite added to the pile: there was a crumpled receipt for the ferry and a red, leather change purse. "Pretty light," Sprite said as she squeezed the two ends.

A single, golden coin dropped from the purse into Sprite's palm. The moment it touched her, she vanished.

NVAE (Magnitude; NPCs: The Drifter)
                            "Th-they know!" For the briefest of seconds, the Drifter looked like Agnes. It was like a lightning flash: one glimmer of a moment, she was Agnes, and then she was the Drifter again. "I... I went to them first... I told them everything! They... they enrolled me! I get to be here with you!"

Originally posted by Michuru81
                            Go ahead and save. We'll toss on +2 for this.
                            Armada Status

Comment

[Did Fluxx get anything from his chemical investigation of Mikayla while Sprite as frisking her?

If that didn't happen, he'll take a moment to do that now.

Where is Fraction?]
                              "Merde!" Fluxx says as their classmate vanishes.

"Let's go see Tallemaja."
                              he suggests to Lex gathering up the mage girl's possessions. He's careful of the money clip with it's 'something different' in the middle. Then he moves to take an arm to lift her up.

"Please understand, I see mind reading like 'talking to' or 'interrogating' 'er except she cannot lie. And someone who actively tries to kill an innocent civilian in front of me deserves less civil liberties." he explains.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex gives Martin a funny look as he pulls out his cellphone, "Did she get to you man? I mean you've been pushing to go to T since we got out of there."

He dials in Mira's number and holds the cellphone to his ear, "It's starting to worry me. We haven't even tried to talk to Sprite, or track her phone, or even hunt down the necromaner."

Comment

Working...
                                X