Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
    HP: 5

Dennis stifled a sigh as he saw Liz's expression as he voted. Now that was just not fair. Not even a full 24 hours and she's mooning over him? Not that she'd known Dennis for much longer. Or that he felt like that - she was just a friend. First real friend he could think of in a long time, but just a friend.

Truth be told, he'd rather Jack, being much more sensible from what he'd seen, but given what the American had just said... "I d vote for Jack, but if you're not willing to put yourself forward..." The rest didn't need to be said.

OOC
    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
    Crinoverse - Avengers
    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
    Crinoverse - Time After Time
    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
    Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
      [Jack Rexroth]

"It's not that." Jack answered back. "It probably sounds dumb, but I don't believe that a person should vote for themselves in these kinds of things."

Comment

Imago

Dennis facepalmed straight away. "So abstain. Voting for Harry means you want him to be the leader."

OOC
        Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
        Crinoverse - Avengers
        Crinoverse - Young Avengers
        Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
        Crinoverse - Time After Time
        Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
        Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
        Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
          [Jack Rexroth]

"Fine." Jack said a bit annoyed with what he considered to be Imago's overly dramaticness. "I abstain."

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
            HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex looks a little perplexed when Elle agrees to trust him, and then mumbles, "Isn't that a sign of the apocalypse?"

He shrugs,
            "Anyways, I'm not sure Alice's powers work like that. I'll explain once we get there."

"Fluxx," Lex says as he scoops the mage girl's other arm to aid he friend, "Could you plug mage girl's ears? Fill them with wax or something. Just to be safe."

"Sprite, stay close and keep an eye on our backs, please?"

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
              Cnd: 2 x Bruised

"So it's a majority for Jack, right?" Otso looked from one person to the next to confirm their vote.
              Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

The Blue Knight

Gwyn chuckled a bit. "Since when is this a democracy? Last I checked, we did what we wanted. I trust your judgment-Jack killing Incubus wasn't the call I'd make, but I get it."

He pointed a finger at the gun in Ellen's hand. "Yew've trained with a sword made of fire that can cut through steel for what? A year or summat now, ya? Yew think a rifle you have no familiarity from a parallel universe is a better idea?"

He stuck his hand out to Jack. "How bout this-partners. Yew make a call, I make a call. I trust you best of everyone here, no offense,"

There was no one he didn't really trust, cept for Astrid and Imago. And maybe Lamperouge, at this point.

"And I hope yew trust me. If we disagree, we'll work it out. So, co-leaders?"
                [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Fluxx shrugs and sticks his pinky finger in Mikayla's ear and when he pulls his hand away the tip of his pinky stays behind. He does similar with her other ear.

Fluxx leads them to the nearby building in which, if she hadn't moved, was the Laputa Terrorist Tallemaja. He'll keep an eye out for any followers or watchers (including Dewherst) or anything strange such as over-attentive birds of other anomalies.

"I never got an answer on whezer turning ze mage over to our Londoner friends is a palatable option." Fluxx asks of Lex and Sprite.

Comment

Greystone:
                    [Jack Rexroth]

Gwyn chuckled a bit. "Since when is this a democracy? Last I checked, we did what we wanted. I trust your judgment-Jack killing Incubus wasn't the call I'd make, but I get it."

He pointed a finger at the gun in Ellen's hand. "Yew've trained with a sword made of fire that can cut through steel for what? A year or summat now, ya? Yew think a rifle you have no familiarity from a parallel universe is a better idea?"

He stuck his hand out to Jack. "How bout this-partners. Yew make a call, I make a call. I trust you best of everyone here, no offense,"

There was no one he didn't really trust, cept for Astrid and Imago. And maybe Lamperouge, at this point.

"And I hope yew trust me. If we disagree, we'll work it out. So, co-leaders?"
                    Jack nodded as he took Gwyn's outstretched hand. "You know I trust you Harry. Co-leaders it is."

Comment

Violet Lear
                      HP: 7

Violet shrugged. Why bother voting if they were just going to split it the obvious way anyway? It wasn't that she didn't trust Gwyn. She trusted him to do what was right. But she worried that doing the right thing might not be the best way to get home. Jack was the better choice for that.
                      She grabbed a couple of the grenades and one of the gas masks. If they were going to war, she was going to be prepared. "All right then, co-leaders. What are we going to do?"

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                        HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex fights the urge to slap Martin for talking about this in front of his sister who was working for the terrorist. No telling what Tellamagic would do if she found out about Dewhurst.

He looks over at Martin, "Dude, the Londoner people are currently trying to figure out how to kill us if we ever show up again. I don't think I want to deal with them. Besides I don't know that they'd care about these idiots, or that they'd risk wandering into another country for them."

"Call the Vindicators. We know they ran into them before, so they've got to be on the bad guy list, and got UN backup, they should be able to swing by and pick her up."

Comment

Greystone:
                          [Jack Rexroth]

Violet shrugged. Why bother voting if they were just going to split it the obvious way anyway? It wasn't that she didn't trust Gwyn. She trusted him to do what was right. But she worried that doing the right thing might not be the best way to get home. Jack was the better choice for that. She grabbed a couple of the grenades and one of the gas masks. If they were going to war, she was going to be prepared. "All right then, co-leaders. What are we going to do?"
                          "Imago's idea is to make contact with the Armada crew and make it look like he's going to execute Incubus, who'll be played by me, to make them come to us that way we can surprise them when they try to rescue him." He points to the bandoleer he was wearing. "I wanted the flashbangs because Nocti and Tenebrae have shadow-themed powers and these should mess with their powers while the gas is for Brimstone and Eidolon; because Brimstone is supposed to be some kind of fighting badass that Eidolon relies on to keep him safe while he stands back and uses his mental powers. Basically if they're choking on gas it should help us."

Comment

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: The Drifter, Felsic, Maze, Verve, Vestige)
                            "What are we going to do?"

Greystone spoke up. "Imago's idea is to make contact with the Armada crew and make it look like he's going to execute Incubus, who'll be played by me, to make them come to us that way we can surprise them when they try to rescue him."

"Once they're here," said the Drifter, "Dennis will work to counter their illusionist, leaving just the other three to be dealt with. According to Pyre, she'll be protected by Brimstone--a fighter with powers similar to Harry's." Maze was conspicuously absent from the Drifter's explanation.

Greystone pointed to the bandoleer he was wearing. "The gas is for Brimstone and Eidolon, because Brimstone is supposed to be some kind of fighting badass that Eidolon relies on to keep him safe while he stands back and uses his mental powers. Basically if they're choking on gas it should help us."

The Drifter nodded. "The twins--Nocti and Tenebrae--are going to be the problems. They can either become shadows or use them to turn the tide against us. If Nocti's shadow touches yours, he'll copy your powers. If Tenebrae's does, she can go into your body and control your actions. The thing is, everything they can do is beaten by light."

"That's why I wanted the flashbangs," explained Greystone.

"They'll help a bit," the Drifter said, "but we need constant light, understood? Light can shrink their shadows and it hurts them in their shadow-forms... but it's not a solution. There'll be a flash of light and then the shadows rush back in. We need constant light to prevent their escape. According to Pyre, one of the abilities they possess in their transformed states is the power to transmit themselves via shadows. If things go south for them, they'll leave to recoup. Unless we can reinstall the captured Vindicators? This world will be doomed against them.

"That's our primary objective: reclaiming the captured Vindicators. Odds are, they won't just bring them with them. We're going to need them alive so that we can question them. Yes, we have Pyre and Bile, but if they're keeping them on their ship, it's unlikely that those two will know the precise location of a mobile base, and if it has any sort of cloaking capabilities? Finding it on our own could potentially be difficult."

NVAE (Magnitude; NPCs: The Drifter)
                            "I... I don't... I lost it! But it's fine! Everyone's fine! They're back and I'm staying here... with you..." She put her arms around him and her head on his shoulder.

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO [INSIDE] (Current and Fluxx; NPCs: Fraction, Mikayla, Sprite)
                            "I'm with Lex," Sprite said. "Let her rot in Pandora."

"Enough," Fraction growled. "We're here. Where is Tallemaja?"
                            Armada Status

Comment

Greystone:
                              [Jack Rexroth]

"They'll help a bit," the Drifter said, "but we need constant light, understood? Light can shrink their shadows and it hurts them in their shadow-forms... but it's not a solution. There'll be a flash of light and then the shadows rush back in. We need constant light to prevent their escape. According to Pyre, one of the abilities they possess in their transformed states is the power to transmit themselves via shadows. If things go south for them, they'll leave to recoup. Unless we can reinstall the captured Vindicators? This world will be doomed against them."

"That's our primary objective: reclaiming the captured Vindicators. Odds are, they won't just bring them with them. We're going to need them alive so that we can question them. Yes, we have Pyre and Bile, but if they're keeping them on their ship, it's unlikely that those two will know the precise location of a mobile base, and if it has any sort of cloaking capabilities? Finding it on our own could potentially be difficult."
                              Jack nodded as the Drifter elaborated on the twins powers and freeing this place's Vindicators. "I can provide constant light after the flashbangs. I was thinking that Violet could ice them down like she did with Pyre and Bile, then we can hopefully question them."

Comment

"Just drop downward 15 meters, electrical room. Be wary of ze psychic field, it may still be active. Ze zree of us will look for a physical way down so we can bring Mikayla. I'm sure Tallemaja will want to get information before we turn 'er over. I am... 'esitant to turn 'er in to Pandora. Zere 'as been two escapes from ze Prison zat we know of. And ze London facility is so secure even ze Laputettes drop of prisoners, sans important parts." the judgement is apparent in his voice.

Comment

Working...
                                X