Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Greystone:
    [Jack Rexroth]
    HP: 5

Verve watched the exchange anxiously. "Um," she said when it seemed everything was wrapped up, "I can... I mean, if you're tired, I can make it so you aren't."
    Jack shook his head. "Nah I'm good, but thanks anyways." He takes a moment to glance at Verve's bandaged limb. "How's your arm?"

Comment

The Blue Knight

Gwyn simply looked at Astrid with something like confusion and amazement, before gently putting his hand on hers as it rested on his arm. He looked at her closely, though he avoided direct eye contact-he knew that bothered some people, what with the flames and all.

"Thank yew, Astrid." He remembered how she'd been in the Dimension of Aristos-that was the first time Gwyn had spent any real time with her outside of the school, by far. She hadn't been so keen on touching or being touched then, from what he recalled.

He looked around, noting that a few people were missing. "We should find Pirjo and Liz, ya? Best to get started with this soon-I've no idea if we'll go back to our world as soon as we've dealt with these people, but they need ta be stopped in any event."
      [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

"Did? In what respect? We are in an unsecured location where enemies could have planted listening devices, about to be overrun by ze police. My circumspect and care wiz my words 'as been an attempt to preserve secrecy. Tell me, 'ow much of a stretch is it zat a girl 'oo can create portals can see or 'ear zrough zose same portals and is listening if not watching us right now because we were stupid enough to stay in ze SAME location zey left us?" Fluxx says irritatedly.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
          HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex scratches his head trying to figure out how Elle was threatening them.

Mira could fly away, Martin could ghost, and he could run fast enough that nobody would even see him. Which would result in the Mage girl going into police custody and escaping... either back to the mages, or into the hands of the brainwashed girsl, both of whom wanted to hurt Elle and her friend. He looked at her then back to Martin then made a face and shrugged.

Obviously Elle hadn't inherited the same brains Martin had.

"Look, you got my word we ain't going to just run off, so bear with us, okay?" Lex says.

Comment

NVAE (Magnitude; NPCs: Manticore)
            "Yeah, I know," Manticore said uneasily, "it's just... easy to say, hard to live. Thanks, Kas. Have a good night."

Kas went about trying to do that. It was late--the Koreans had taken up most of his evening--and he was getting tired. As he made his way back to his room, it seemed that sleep was something that would evade him tonight.

He opened the door and he saw--saw--the Drifter. "Magnitude!" she cried joyously as she hurried forward to hug him. "You need to come with me! I need your help!"

Originally posted by Michuru81
            Mental illusion in effect, HH. DC 18 Will to overcome it.
            MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Verve)
            Verve watched the exchange anxiously. "Um," she said when it seemed everything was wrapped up, "I can... I mean, if you're tired, I can make it so you aren't."

"I'm fine, thanks."

"Nah," Greystone said, shaking his head, I'm good, but thanks anyways." He glanced at her bandaged arm. "How's your arm?"

"It hurts, but... I'll endure it. The sooner we finish this, the sooner we get back, right? If I can get to Martin, he can heal it like I never even happened."

"I've no idea if we'll go back to our world as soon as we've dealt with these people, but they need ta be stopped in any event." The Welshman remembered the last time they'd gone off with the Drifter: the Astrolabe had made a pitstop in that dimension... the world where everything had been dead... "We should find Pirjo and Liz, ya? Best to get started with this soon."

He knew where they were: Elizabeth and Pirjo had been sound asleep when he woke up and made the rounds. He had passed by a room to find Beatrice and Otso snuggled up on what looked like the world's most uncomfortable bed. That left only Ellen. She hadn't slept in the barracks with the rest of them.

Then again, neither had Jack...

Once Elizabeth and Pirjo were up, the New Vindicators made their way to the cache of equipment Jack had promised. It was there that they found Ellen, already suited up. She was wearing the school uniform. A gas mask capped her skull. A bandoleer ran over her chest, sporting smoke grenades.

In her hands was an assault rifle.

"No," Felsic said, eyeing it wearily. "No guns."

Maze ignored her. She grabbed some body armor and held it out to Verve. "Get suited up," she said.

Verve shook her head. "I... I thought about it all night. I'm better off if I... if I just... I think the weight of it could slow me down."

"You're not as tough as Jack and Pirjo, or as experienced as Harry or I. You'll need something to protect-"

"I'll be fine," Verve said.

"Fine," growled Maze, throwing the armor. She picked up a pistol instead. "This should be light enough for you."

"We are not going up there to kill them!" Felsic snapped.

"We almost bit it against THREE of these people!" Maze snapped. "Now we're going up against four of them! We need every edge we can get!"

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO [INSIDE] (Current and Fluxx; NPCs: Fraction, Mikayla, Sprite)
            "My brozer 'as routinely refused to accept zat I am acting of my own volition. 'E makes demands zat I listen to 'im, or come with 'im--is it so preposterous to believe zat 'e wouldn't seize an opportunity to incapacitate my ally in a misguided attempt to force me to return to ze school with 'im? Ze fact zat 'e refuses to give me a direct answer and only keeps urging me to flee with 'im only continues to raise my suspicions."
            Armada Status

Comment

Imago

"Then shoot them in the legs, or shoulder, or whatever." Imago broke in, rubbing his head exasperatedly. Back to square one already. "Get gel rounds. It doesn't really make a different in the end - the military will finish them if we won't. Oh, and pass me one. I need to make it look good when we're baiting the trap."

OOC
              Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
              Crinoverse - Avengers
              Crinoverse - Young Avengers
              Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
              Crinoverse - Time After Time
              Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
              Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
              Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
                [Jack Rexroth]

"It hurts, but... I'll endure it. The sooner we finish this, the sooner we get back, right? If I can get to Martin, he can heal it like I never even happened."
                Jack nodded understandingly.

Once Elizabeth and Pirjo were up, the New Vindicators made their way to the cache of equipment Jack had promised. It was there that they found Ellen, already suited up. She was wearing the school uniform. A gas mask capped her skull. A bandoleer ran over her chest, sporting smoke grenades.

In her hands was an assault rifle.

Maze ignored her. She grabbed some body armor and held it out to Verve. "Get suited up," she said.

Verve shook her head. "I... I thought about it all night. I'm better off if I... if I just... I think the weight of it could slow me down."

"You're not as tough as Jack and Pirjo, or as experienced as Harry or I. You'll need something to protect-"

"Fine," growled Maze, throwing the armor. She picked up a pistol instead. "This should be light enough for you."

"We almost bit it against THREE of these people!" Maze snapped. "Now we're going up against four of them! We need every edge we can get!"
                "Then shoot them in the legs, or shoulder, or whatever." Imago broke in, rubbing his head exasperatedly. Back to square one already. "Get gel rounds. It doesn't really make a different in the end - the military will finish them if we won't. Oh, and pass me one. I need to make it look good when we're baiting the trap."
                "Hang on!" Jack shouted to get everyone's attention. "If Verve doesn't want to wear the armor that's her choice. The same goes for the guns - if someone doesn't wanna pack heat then they don't have to." He looked around at the others. "Besides who here has actually used one regularly?" After getting his answer the tattooed American continued. "Shooting to wound is something from the movies and snipers who have trained non-stop for years to do those kinds of things, not beginners."

He picked up a gas mask and a bandoleer that was loaded with gas grenades, fitting it around his chest. "I asked for these things..." He said point to himself and Maze, "...because they're user friendly - pull the pin and throw where you want them to go. And they'll help us if we're smart in how we use them."

"We need to use this time to come up with our plan of attack. Not fight with one another." He said looking at the others in turn. "Now, that said I get why some of you wouldn't want me to be the "leader" here, and that's fine. I just want to help the people here as best we can so we can go back home. But I think it's important that we have someone in charge that the majority of us can agree on and for those who aren't ok with the group's decision will at least agree to do as the voted leader's decides." Jack's expression was one that most of the others hadn't seen before - it was calm. There was no anger, no frustration showing on it. Probably somewhat surprising to them all, except for Gwyn and Ellen. Plus his tone had become easier once he'd gotten everyone's attention. He wasn't yelling nor was his voice harsh. He was keeping calm because Jack knew that it would likely help the others to keep calm as well and because calmer heads was what they needed at this point.
                Last edited by Tattooedman; 5th October 2015, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Violet Lear
                  HP: 7

"Ellen's right." Violet picked up one of the guns and looked at it curiously. Aside from 'point and shoot' she knew practically nothing about it. "If it's a choice between killing or losing... well, we can't let them win. I don't want to kill anyone, and I'm still not sure about what Jack did, but if I get left without a choice, I'll do it."

"I'm OK with Jack leading."
                  Violet nodded in his direction. "I trust him to make the choices that will get us home alive."

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                    HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex shakes his head, "You don't trust him? Fine. Trust me. We are not going to drag you home. There ain't not point. You'd just leave."

"But if you're so confidant your friend can survive Alice bum-rushing her with a bunch of students, or teleporting her into god knows what, then I say fine," Lex shrugs, "Fluxx should just tell you and let you deal with the fallout. I couldn't care less about your buddy's well-being."

"Either way we're not standing around anymore. If we do the mage girl goes to somebody else's custody, people who can't contain her. Then she winds up back with her mage friends or Alice's cronies. Both who are gunning for you, not us. Trust us or not, standing here hurts you a hell of a lot more than it hurts us."

Comment

"I mentioned several times zat we would take Mikayla to your 'friend' for information gazering purposes. I 'ave said why I did not wish to disclose more openly - and it's in deference to your secrets, not mine, as Lex so rightly points out. I 'ave even stated why zis is not a secure location to remain or else I would *love* to debate ze solidity of ze motivation of your actions and decisions given 'ow mental influence is so rampant in ze circles in which you now run. If none of zat is adequate for you and you still doubt my motivations zen I would ask why 'aven't you called your partner to check on zeir status directly or used one of ze ozer secret ways of communication ze two of you would no doubt 'ave set up?" Fluxx challenges.

"I am told you are 'not real' - zat you are a construct created because my mozer zought I needed companionship or maybe competition or maybe a first born's sense of responsibility and discipline. But at no time was I lead to believe you are stupid, Elle. My mozer 'ad too much pride for zat, she would not 'ave created such."

"In any event, I must now ask Lex and Sprite if zey are comfortable 'anding zis terrorist mage over to our English friend wiz a secure facility? We all know it is of questionable morality but if you take my testimony zat she displayed little regard for 'uman life in ze use of 'er power, and I believe she needs containment." he looks to his fellow students while going over to the mage (kept sedated by his power, even if the others didn't know it), and struggling to get her up, awkward avoiding any inappropriate areas of her body.
                      Last edited by flynnarrel; 5th October 2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Magnitude
                        Kasimir Flaegler
                        Condition: duped
                        HP 1

Kas was dumbstruck at Beth's sudden appearance, but...really...who was to say she could only appear in any sort of sequence?

"Drifter? What is the problem? Where is everyone else?"

Will Save. 1d20+8=9. Ha!Hahaha!! http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=98742

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
                          Cnd: 2 x Bruised

Otso still felt conflicted about the whole thing with Incubus but he nodded his head to Jack. He'd said his piece and that was enough for now. When Verve broke the awkward silence to offer her powers to refresh their reserves, he touched her hand lightly, then motioned for Beatrice to do the same. <<"She can take away exhaustion and we need every edge we can get in this fight we're going into. And it wouldn't hurt her confidence, either.">>

"Thank you Astrid."

He nodded along to what Jack said as he moved to stand beside the American. "They're a lot harder to use than the movies would lead you to believe, guns in untrained hands are more of a risk to us than them. This will be a fight for our lives, so I won't argue fighting to win. I won't like it but it can't be helped. But either way it's everyone's personal choice, no one else's."

"There's a difference between fighting to survive and bloodlust, I've seen it first hand." A shiver ran down his back at the memory of his battle with Lioness atop Laputa in the skies above Vienna.

Then Otso looked around at the group, expecting someone to step forward to take the lead.
                          Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Verve)

"Ellen's right." Shiver picked up one of the guns and looked at it curiously. Aside from 'point and shoot' she knew practically nothing about it. "If it's a choice between killing or losing... well, we can't let them win. I don't want to kill anyone, and I'm still not sure about what Jack did, but if I get left without a choice, I'll do it."

Imago rubbed his head exasperatedly. "Then shoot them in the legs, or shoulder, or whatever. Get gel rounds. It doesn't really make a different in the end: the military will finish them if we won't. Oh, and pass me one. I need to make it look good when we're baiting the trap."

"Hang on!" shouted Greystone. "If Verve doesn't want to wear the armor that's her choice. The same goes for the guns: if someone doesn't wanna pack heat then they don't have to." He looked around at the others. "Besides, who here has actually used one regularly?" When no one answered, the tattooed youth continued. "Shooting to wound is something from the movies. Snipers have trained non-stop for years to do those kinds of things, not beginners."

"They're a lot harder to use than the movies would lead you to believe," Ursa said in agreement. "Guns in untrained hands are more of a risk to us than them. This will be a fight for our lives, so I won't argue fighting to win. I won't like it, but it can't be helped. Either way it's everyone's personal choice--no one else's.

"There's a difference between fighting to survive and bloodlust, I've seen it first hand."

Greystone picked up a gas mask and a bandoleer that was loaded with gas grenades, fitting it around his chest. "I asked for these things because they're user friendly--pull the pin and throw where you want them to go--and they'll help us if we're smart in how we use them.

"We need to use this time to come up with our plan of attack, not fight with one another. Now, that said I get why some of you wouldn't want me to be the 'leader' here, and that's fine. I just want to help the people here as best we can so we can go back home. But I think it's important that we have someone in charge that the majority of us can agree on and for those who aren't okay with the group's decision will at least agree to do as the voted leader's decides."

"I'm with Jack," Maze said.

Shiver nodded to the American. "I'm okay with Jack leading. I trust him to make the choices that will get us home alive."

When Shiver spoke up, Verve followed suit: "Jack has my vote, too!"

"I vote for Harry," Felsic said. "No offense, Jack, but Harry trained under Paladin. He has a lot more experience doing this..."

"Harry would be great," said the Drifter dreamily.

"I do not really understand," Vestige said, "but I will do Otso confidence to decide what is best."

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO [INSIDE] (Current and Fluxx; NPCs: Fraction, Mikayla, Sprite)
                            "While I would appreciate the need for secrecy," Fraction intoned, "we're dealing with a woman who is more than capable of taking the information she needs from your head.

"I will trust Current. We will move to another part of the island, where if you attempt to play games with me, I will show you that I can play much better. Lead."

NVAE (Magnitude; NPCs: The Drifter)
                            "Drifter? What is the problem? Where is everyone else?"

"The problem is I missed you, silly. I don't want to drift anymore. I just want to be with you."
                            Armada Status

Comment

Greystone:
                              [Jack Rexroth]

"I'm with Jack," Maze said.
                              Jack gave Ellen a quick, small smile.

Shiver nodded to the American. "I'm okay with Jack leading. I trust him to make the choices that will get us home alive."

When Shiver spoke up, Verve followed suit: "Jack has my vote, too!"

"I vote for Harry," Felsic said. "No offense, Jack, but Harry trained under Paladin. He has a lot more experience doing this..."
                              He was a bit surprised by Violet and Astrid's support, but said nothing and just nodded his head. Felsic's voting choice didn't surprise him at all. "None taken Pirjo."

"Harry would be great," said the Drifter dreamily.

"I do not really understand," Vestige said, "but I will do Otso confidence to decide what is best."
                              Once again Jack nodded as he wasn't surprised by the Drifter's or Beatrice's pick for team leader. He recalled when the older version of the dimension jumping girl had told him about her romance with Gwyn and quietly hoped that her younger version's apparent infatuation with the Nephilim didn't hinder them too much.

Realizing that everyone aside from himself, Gwyn and Imago had voted Jack made his pick. "I say Harry should be in charge." Jack wouldn't vote for himself more because he saw it as a dick move but also because he was sure it would cause more problems with those in the group who had issues with his actions the previous day.

Comment

Magnitude
                                Kasimir Flaegler
                                Condition: fooled
                                HP 1

Kas nodded and a tiny trickle of selfish satisfaction buzzed through him. Elizabeth was here. She wanted to be here...with him. Still, as satisfying as that would be, there were questions that needed answers. Duty first. No matter what. Duty first.

"Und I would luf hafing you here with me...but where are Greystone, Verve, Ursa und the others? Who has possession uf the Astrolabe?"

"Or perhaps a better question is...who does the Astrolabe haf possession uf, if you kan remain here?"

Comment

Working...
                                X