Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
    HP: 4

"Probably." Imago went back into his room and flopped onto the bed and pillows, not even bothering to get under the covers.

OOC
    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
    Crinoverse - Avengers
    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
    Crinoverse - Time After Time
    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
    Extreme Unction

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
      HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex shrugs, "Kind of a moot point, really. Somebody's got to show some trust or nothing's going to get done."

"I'm game if you're willing to give me your word,"
      Lex holds up his hand, "And not you, Attercop, your word doesn't count for nothing from me. I want the girls to tell me, themselves, that this isn't a trick or a trap and... sure, why not?"

"I mean, lets be honest here, it sounds to me like the story being passed around is I'm a giant scary killer leading an entire school of people to come get you all,"
      Lex shrugs, "Which is weird because the school doesn't care about you. And if I'm such a violent monster then why is the only thing I hurt your feelings?"

"I've got plenty of options. High speed punch would work, but that'd break bones, probably do serious long term damage. Bolt of lightning is really easy, but you get risks of heart attacks, burns and flat out death,"
      He stuffs his hands in his pockets, "What I did was the tiniest trickle of power across your neck. It's harmless, sends a whole lot of false messages, hurts like a bitch, but really just makes the brain restart to clear up all the nonsense. Doesn't even leave a mark."

"And then I didn't even let you fall on your head when you fell, even though your buddy was trying to drown me,"
      Lex shrugs, "I didn't want to hurt you and I didn't enjoy hurting you one bit. But you weren't apprehending a girl. You lot ain't working for the police. I needed to stop you quickly, doing as little harm as possible."

"For what little it's worth, I am honestly sorry that I hurt you,"
      He says quietly, "You seem like a nice person."

"I will say this though, if I was the monster you all say I was, I wouldn't have offered to talk. A monster would have killed you to trap your friends then tortured them for information,"
      Lex looks at Mazoe, "Except I'm the one saying talking and letting you walk is cool."

"But you said it yourself, you're worried that if you walk away you'll end up with a bag over your head. That's fair, you don't know me, you don't know any of us,"
      Lex looks at the girls, "But it goes both ways. I can't know that the portal I walk through isn't going to be molten hot magma, or a cave in the center of the earth, or even your headquarters with a dozen homicidal girls ready to rip me apart. I know your boss would be just happy with that."

"And each and every one of you seems to hate me with a fiery passion for some reason, which is hardly fair. You should have to know me for at least an hour to hate me that much," Lex scoffs then shrugs, "But, hey, I'm going to ask you to trust me, so I'm willing to trust you."

"What do you say, Maz? You give me your word it's not a trick and it's not a trap and I'll head on through,"
      Lex grins, "Even thought it's stupid as hell, even though it's dangerous as hell, even though it's the dumbest possible move I can do, I'm willing to trust you."

"So?"

Comment

Greystone:
        [Jack Rexroth]

She looked away and began to blush as a smile spread over her face. "It hurt at first, but it's... I'm managing now. The medic said it might not even... leave... a scar..." Her voice was getting tinnier and tinnier. She crossed her arms over her chest. Her fingers hooked under the hem of her shirt. For a moment, she hesitated. She swallowed hard and then pulled the T-shirt up and over her head.

She wasn't wearing anything under it.

"What do you think?" she asked timidly. Hopefully.

While he didn't possess the hyper thought process of Jason, or Liz, Jack's brain quickly ran through a line of thought: Vlad hadn't been back at the school since he, Jack and Herta had went to Romania, as he'd turned himself in afterwards to finally stand trial as the other Laputa kids had. Though his living on the run for so long hurt his odds according to Newton, but the fact that he'd aided the school in dealing with Siegfried's attack did help somewhat. The resulting rumors about his possible return was a popular part of the gossip filling the halls of the school.

Jack couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt over his best friend's ex-girlfriend coming onto him. He'd watched their romance start and fail, and somewhere along the way Jack had developed feelings for Ellen. Feelings that he'd kept to himself partly because Ellen was so upset over Vlad's first departure, and partly because he felt it would be bad form - you never went after your pal's gal. But here he was now with Ellen making the first move....and what a move it was.

Jack never would have expected Ellen to do something like this.

To him of all people.

As all those thoughts ran through Jack's mind he couldn't help but to be a typical teenage guy and simply stare at the sight right in front of him.

"Wow." He mumble out. "That looks really great."

Comment

Magnitude
          Kasimir Flaegler
          HP 1

Kas laughed. He shouldn't, but after what Dong-suk said he couldn't help it.

"A terrorist faktory? This...koming from you? The human equivalent uf an attack dog, bred und trained at a sekret puppy mill for Neo-Sapiens."

"Go right ahead puppy. You reveal what you think you have to reveal. You pit your reputation against mine...but you should konsider the questions that will be asked now that you have revealed your own powers to the kameras und after I will be...forced...to reveal the existence uf your sisters...your plan to lure the Volunteers back to that little garbage heap uf a kountry...your illustrious leader's little scheme."

"Go ahead...make my day."
          Last edited by Horsenhero; 29th September 2015, 01:29 PM.

Comment

The Blue Knight

Gwyn put a hand on Liz's shoulder, squeezing gently. "That can't have been easy. I hope yew get back there someday, Lizzie."

Of course, given how her Astrolabe worked, it might end up sending her back to her own world only at a time period when everyone she knew was dead-or not born yet.

"In my world, Isaac Newton-the Isaac Newton-is around, he teaches at this school I go ta. He's proper clever, maybe he can help you learn more about your Astro-whatsit."

He slowly withdrew his hand, smiling bravely. "Yew know, it might sound a bit up myself, but this-getting ready to go into danger and all, its actually what I'm used to. I used to...well, "fight crime" is the best way to say it, with a partner, Paladin. And like I said, its dangerous for you, but if you insist on going...I'll do everything I can ta keep yew safe, Elizabeth."
            [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Violet Lear
              HP: 6

Violet smiled reassuringly. "I'm sure they can fix it up. Some rehab and a skin graft and you'll be good as new. It's nothing tricky like an eyeball."

"Why does he love her!?!"
              Violet shook her head.
              "I don't know. He can't. She's not even from the same dimension. I think you're wrong. Why would he love her? She's nothing but trouble." Violet rambled, not really sure what to say. But she knew she needed to say something before Astrid gave up completely.

Comment

MILITARY BASE (Ursa; NPCs: Vestige)
                Vestige got up and began pushing the chairs together to make the world's most uncomfortable bed. Armed with a thin blanket, she climbed into the makeshift cot and snuggled up against her boyfriend.

<<"How hard do you think it would be to learn Finnish?">> she asked. <<"You've been an excellent tutor for my English, but... I should really...">> She broke off into a yawn. <<"...Start to learn Finnish, too...">>

A moment later, she was asleep...

When the sun began to shine through the windows of the room, Ursa was the first one awake.

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO [INSIDE] (Current and Fluxx; NPCs: Fraction, Gliten-Alice, Mazoe, Mikayla, Moronoe, Sprite)
                "So?"

"So... is all this counting towards the seven minutes?" Mazoe asked. "I think everyone should head through the portal. You want privacy, we'll walk a bit away. Everyone stays in eyeshot. How's that?"

MILITARY BASE (Imago; NPCs: Felsic)
                Morning was there before he knew it. Several of the others hadn't rested in the barracks: Greystone, Ursa, Maze, Shiver, Vestige, and Verve were gone. Felsic and the Drifter were still asleep in their cots.

MILITARY BASE (Greystone; NPCs: Maze)
                For as long as she could remember, Maze had heard voices. When she was a little girl, they told her to do bad things. Her preschool teacher sent a note home the day she drew one of her classmates hanging from a tree. Other times, the voices told her to shove other little girls. Once, they told her to hit someone. "Look at her," the voices would say. "She thinks she's so pretty! Shaun Henry likes her! He'll never like you! He doesn't like ugly girls!"

On a daily basis, Maze had to ignore that voice in her head. "No one will ever look at you the way Lex looks at Kirstie." "No one will ever hold you the way Viktor holds Mira." "No one will ever fight for you the way Otso fights for Beatrice."

Every day was a battle with the voices. She had to ignore them. She had to tell them to shut up. She called them liars. She tried to tell them that Vlad looked at her that way. "Vlad was so disgusted by you he joined a terrorist group just to avoid having to see you ever again!"

"What you did back there couldn't have been easy," she said. "The right thing seldom is. I just... I keep wondering: did you do it because you had to, or because of what he did..."

"He did it because you're his teammate! Nothing else!"

"...to me?"

She watched as he considered his answer. "See!?! He's trying to figure out how to let you down easy--how to tell you that he doesn't think of you that way! Who could!?! You're a fat, ugly cow! No one will ever want you!"

"Both, but his hurting you is what made up my mind."

She looked away and began to blush as a smile spread over her face. "It hurt at first, but it's... I'm managing now."

"You'll never be more than his friend! You might as well just be one of the guys! You look like a guy!"

"The medic said it might not even... leave... a scar..." She could feel her heart beating faster and faster.

"You're going to do it!?!"

She crossed her arms over her chest. Her fingers hooked under the hem of her shirt.

"He's going to laugh in your face, you stupid bitch!"

For a moment, she hesitated. She swallowed hard and then pulled the T-shirt up and over her head.

She wasn't wearing anything under it.

"What do you think?" she asked timidly. Hopefully.

He said nothing. The voices filled the silence: "He'll never want to look at you again! Why do you even bother? There's not a man alive who could ever love you!"

"Wow," he mumbled. "That looks really great."

She had spent years fighting a never-ending war, and right now--right at this moment--she couldn't hear the voices.

A flood of emotions swept through her. Maze forced one foot forward. Then the next. She crossed the few feet between them and grabbed him. She pressed her lips to his. Her fingers frantically flew to where his uniform latched. "Make love to me," she breathlessly commanded. She cringed as soon as she said it--it sounded so corny. It hadn't sounded at all as romantic and amazing as it always had in her head. "I'm sorry, that sounded different... I'm going to stop talking now."

Maze went back to kissing him, and didn't intend to stop until the morning found them...

NVAE (Magnitude; NPCs: Diamond Dust, Dong-suk, Manticore, Rheid, Tantivy, Zlatkovski)
                Dong-suk turned and rose up into the sky, leaving a few worried New Vindicators behind him.

"Well, that went well," Diamond Dust said.

"I could follow him if you want," Tantivy said. "Just say the word..."

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight; NPCs: The Drifter)
                The Drifter eyed him with starry eyes. "Pretty," she said softly.

Suddenly, her eyes widened. "I mean... I... thanks!" She grabbed his hand and started shaking it. "Thanks a lot! That's really nice of you!" She jumped out of her seat and down the hall. "I think I should get some shut eye! See you in the morning!" She waved awkwardly. "G-good night!"

MILITARY BASE (Shiver; NPCs: Verve)
                "I will never forget the first time I saw him. Things were... well, rough... and then Kas came along and he was so gentle and caring and wonderful--so very different from... from him... and I... I don't know. I think I fell in love with him right away.

"I don't think he sees me as anything but an annoying kid sister, though. I've tried to... to be what he wants. I try to be brave and tough and... and useful... and every time I just end up getting hurt or yelled at or both and... and he's never going to look at me like he--well, he... I know he can't look, but I mean, like... he... He's never going to love me back, is he?"

Originally posted by Michuru81
                Hero points to Jack, Harry, Otso, Violet, and Dennis.

Eld, I wasn't sure if BK'd sleep in the barracks or what he'd get up to. Feel free to have him there when Imago wakes up, or... whatever you want to do. Either way, my goal is to advance everyone to the next morning. We can catch up, Shock--do what you need to do with Astrid.
                Armada Status

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                  HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex sighs.

"So, in response to 'can you give me your word you're not planning to kill me' you're going to avoid answering?" Lex sighs, "Okay, fine, I'll take that as a hint. Just remember, I kept my end. Fluxx, grab magic girl, we're leaving."

"Elle, I still want that phone call, alright?"
                  he notes evenly.

He looks at Tindra and sighs again, then turns to
                  Mazoe, "His name is Mahdy. His mom is Indian, but he got his powers from his dad, who was white. But his powers are the same as yours, and apparently that stuff only gets passed down through genetics, so you must be related somewhere way-waaaay back."

He looks over at Moronoe,
                  "If he's still alive and you left any siblings you might want to send me his name."

He waits for Fluxx to take the mage then turns his back on the girls and starts walking away.

"Just remember what she said, she's got the power to alter how you remember emotions in your memories. I'm betting she's done that to all of you real bad. Take your happiness from your past, boost it at the school, enhance the bad things so you're easy to control. I'm betting you look through your memories you'd find it," Lex waves over his shoulder, "Prove me wrong, girls."

Comment

Magnitude
                    Kasimir Flaegler
                    HP 1

Kas sighed and shook his head in response to Tantivy.

"Nein. Dong-suk is the blunt instrument. I would be willing to bet this is not over. He retreated because he now has to kover his own powers being revealed und kould not risk the revelation uf his sister's powers or the Neo-Sapien breeding program."

Kas pulls off his helmet and rubs his chin. "Our North Korean friends do not seem like the sorts to be easily dissuaded. The next effort will be his sisters..."

"...or somehow Buddy will manage to get kaptured und they will suggest an exchange of prisoners. We will diskover which soon enough."

Turning to Ms. Zlatkovski, Kas smiled. "Danke fraulein Zlatkovski. This would haf been impossible without your help."

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
                      Cnd: 2 x Bruised

Otso spoke softly as they lay on their makeshift bed. <<"I've heard it described as one of the most difficult languages to learn, but I'd love to teach you.">>

The morning found him feeling refreshed despite the aches brought on by the improvised nature of their bed. He rose to his feet quietly so as not to wake Beatrice and stretched as he stood up. Deciding to let her rest, he snuck off in the direction of the barracks. He still needed to talk to Jack and Dennis about what happened yesterday.
                      Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Fluxx gave an annoyed look to Lex. At his core he was skinny French teen, not some powerhouse who could lift and carry over 140 pounds of dead, awkward, weight. How cool was Lex's exit going to be when his companion was fumbling and grunting under the weight of a whole other person? Crétin!

"Where is 'er partner?" Fluxx asks the female Skewling. He looks at the turned back of Lex. "Boz ze mages were participants in ze skeleton attack on Vienna. Mikayla blew up a car right in front of me almost killing ze driver." He pauses and looks to the Avalonian girls. "And zat STILL doesn't mean she deserves to be kidnapped and brainwashed to becoming a student at Ze Avalon School for Girls."

Let the Avalonians think the Vindicator students were here for them. The deception also worked best if they thought Elle as a part of the Vindicator school and not here watching the back of a shapeshifted enchantress.

"You and Sprite, 'ead out if you need, Elle, wiz 'er big steel muscles, and I will get Mikayla to ze auzorities." he gestures to the unconscious girl, "Elle, please? And don't zink I am trying to pawn zis off on you."

She didn't know where he'd taken Tallemaja or even the state of her co-Laputan. His reference to Tallemaja's former status was a subtle reminder of this.
                        Last edited by flynnarrel; 30th September 2015, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Violet Lear
                          HP: 6->7

Violet sighed. If things had gone a bit different with her, she might be saying the same things about Mike right now. "I don't know Astrid. I don't know Kas very well."

"But I think you need to stop trying so hard. Do what feels right, not what you think Kas wants you to do."
                          She found it hard not to look at Astrid's hands. "You're not a fighter. Not everyone is. That doesn't mean you're not brave. You can help in other ways. You never get tired, right? And you're fast. I mean, not like Lex fast but you can get around pretty good. Use that. Don't punch someone you aren't going to hurt anyone. Tire the bloke out trying to hit you. Make him chase you. Or pull his attention away from your teammates. That's all stuff you can do and be pretty good at it. Play to your strengths. Whether he's going to love you or not, Kas will appreciate that."

Violet yawned. It had been a long day. She got up and retrieved the cup with the ibuprofen in it. "Take this and get some more rest. I'll stay here with you, OK?"
                          Last edited by Shock; 30th September 2015, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
                            Cnd: 2 x Bruised

Otso rapped his knuckles on the frame of the barrack door softly, to get Dennis's attention without waking the two girls. "Can we talk outside?" He nodded his head in the direction of the sleepers to indicate the reason why.
                            Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Imago
                              HP: 5

Dennis got up, and after hearing Otso, joined him outside. "What's up Bear-guy?"

OOC
                              Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                              Crinoverse - Avengers
                              Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                              Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                              Crinoverse - Time After Time
                              Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                              Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                              Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
                                [Jack Rexroth]
                                HP: 5

A flood of emotions swept through her. Maze forced one foot forward. Then the next. She crossed the few feet between them and grabbed him. She pressed her lips to his. Her fingers frantically flew to where his uniform latched. "Make love to me," she breathlessly commanded. She cringed as soon as she said it--it sounded so corny. It hadn't sounded at all as romantic and amazing as it always had in her head. "I'm sorry, that sounded different... I'm going to stop talking now."

Maze went back to kissing him, and didn't intend to stop until the morning found them...
                                Jack returned the kiss with just as much passion as Ellen had started it with, and when she did speak he understood what she was trying to do but said nothing because he didn't want to ruin the moment.

Instead his hands moved towards the remaining clothing she had on and started fighting with the seemingly endless buttons he found.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

In the morning Jack woke up early thanks to the sun that was shining on him through a nearby window. Looking down at Ellen's sleeping face laying on his bare chest, he took a moment to enjoy the semi-smile that she wore as he ran a hand through her hair.

He'd like to continue to lay there, forget about the screwed up situation they were in. Unfortunately he knew that wasn't an option and he whispered in her ear. "Hey darling, we need to get up." At first Ellen murmured unintelligibly and pressed herself harder against him trying to resist his efforts. Enjoying the moment as well Jack let her be for a couple minutes before gently squeezing her then just as gently shaking her until he could see her hazel eyes.

"Morning." He said as her eyes met his. "Sorry but we've got to get up." He said before kissing her forehead and sitting them both up. "We've got things to do before we make our move against the Armada gang." Ellen seemed to understand and they both got dressed, though there was a playfulness between them as they kissed sporadically during the process. Once they were done they shared a short, passionate kiss before leaving the armory. "I need to talk with Otso and Felsic before we get everyone together, clear the air about what I did to Incubus. Why don't you find out if the military can get us some food?" Jack hugged Ellen tightly. "I'll see you in a little bit."

He then headed for the barracks only to find Otso standing at the door with Imago when he got there.

"Otso, got a minute to talk?"

OOC:
                                Last edited by Tattooedman; 30th September 2015, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X