Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

MILITARY BASE (Imago; NPCs: Felsic)
    "You know, you seemed like just another member of the group to me. So Otso, Jack and the others forgave you... which makes them far better people than I will ever be."

"Not... not really." Felsic's frown somehow looked sadder.

"Oh, for the bloody..." Imago was clearly loosing any semblance of patience. "You want to pretend you know what's 'right' when you have no idea what's going on, or how you're going to deal with them otherwise, or... you know, their other four buddies? Are you all going to play patron saint of luxuries that don't exist?"

"He's right," Felsic snapped, "we don't know the whole story! The other two are young--just a bit older than Harry and I! What if it's like with Laputa? What if they're just like I was? If you could go back, would you have killed me, too, Jack? Huh!?!"

"Do you really want me to answer that?" Greystone said calmly.

Felsic looked taken aback. That expression quickly gave way to hurt.

"It's... it's different for each one. Harry is pretty nice to me, but he... he wasn't a student yet when this all went down--same with Violet. Some students avoid me out right. It's like that for the other Laputa kids. Jack, though..." Felsic hung her head. "He's never going to forgive me for what I did. I didn't kill anyone, no, but... I'm still guilty by association.

"The thing is, though... I grew up hearing my great-grandmother's stories... I'm Finnish, but she was Karelian. I don't know how different our worlds are, but back home? There was a war fought decades ago--the Winter War. The Soviet Union attacked my homeland, and at the end of it... Karelia was ceded to them. Four-hundred thousand refugees migrated to Finland. It was terrible.

"About a year ago... it seemed like history was repeating itself. The States starting rounded up Neo-Sapiens--anyone related to a Neo-Sapien--and put them into camps. The camps were liberated. Some of those people came to Europe. My friend Armand was one of them--Jack is another.

"I joined Laputa because I genuinely believed that we could fight to keep things like that from happening--helping my sukukansa from experiencing the sort of suffering my great-grandmother knew. In the end, we only inflicted more of it, though..."

"This is a rotten world, Pirjo. International governments got so freaked out by a Neo nation that they went with mass sterilization. Then we got a predictable World War 3. Now the interdimensional psychopaths. I don't really have anything here worth fighting for. Or caring about. That's why I told Jack I was hoping to hitch-hike the Astrolabe thingie back to your world. Hypothetically, I could actually have some friends."

"Despite how we started off," Felsic said, "I would be glad to call you a friend. I understand why you feel the way that you feel. Hopefully now, you understand my heart too." A sigh escaped her. "I just... I've seen enough people die, Dennis. More bodies hasn't helped anyone yet. I feel like maybe trying something different might be called for..."
    Armada Status

Comment

Fluxx purses his lips in contemplation but given that his school uniform was modified to cover his mouth the gesture was lost.

"Possibly an arrangement. Lex, you seemed to 'ave somezing specific in mind when you said 'I can show them the truth you don't want them to see.'. What was it?"

Comment

Greystone:
        [Jack Rexroth]
        HP: 4

After talking to the Blue Knight and Imago, Greystone made his way to check over the gear the general promised them. Inside, he found a woman in army fatigues, running her fingertips down the assault rifles housed here.

As he entered, she turned, and he saw it was Maze. Likely she had stripped out of her uniform to let the doctor stitch up her stomach. "Jack," she said, grabbing her chest. Around her were a few flak jackets, some flash bombs, goggles, and gas masks, and grenades... It seemed that once she'd been patched up, she elected to inventory their options for the coming assault. "You bloody startled me..."
        Jack had brought his hands up when Ellen freaked. "Sorry, didn't mean to. I was just coming in to check on our supplies, guess you had the same idea." He looked around at all of the military items for a moment, making a mental note to ask for someone to give the group a quick showing of how to use the stuff because he had no idea aside from what he'd seen in movies and wanted to be sure when the time to use them for real. After that he took a good look at Ellen, letting his new power work. "I take it the military docs patched you up alright?"

OOC:

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
          HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex fought the urge to laugh when the psychic's threats became more varied, and she started trying to threaten other people. The woman didn't have a leg to stand on and she knew it. But laughing wasn't going to get him what he wanted.

"I've got four completely unreasonable demands that'll end this right now," Lex said, oozing sarcasm on the 'unreasonable', "I said I wanted to talk, that's what I want. Seven minutes. They don't even have to answer if they don't want. Two, at the end of that seven minutes whoever wants to leave can leave. Nobody tries to stop them. Three, Fluxx and Sprite take the witch girl right now and get her someplace safe. To be clear, three means there will be no kidnapping anybody today for any one."

"Four, The conversation is between me and the three girls. None of my friends, none of yours. That means the old spider has to stop spying. Which shouldn't be a problem if she trusts you as much as she says."

Lex shrugs,
          "Ten minutes, nobody else gets hurt, everybody walks away. Or we keep fighting. Odds are in my favor in a fight, and eventually the police are going to show up."

He turns to
          Moronoe, pointedly not asking Tindra's possessed body, "Sound fair?"

Comment

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO [INSIDE] (Current and Fluxx; NPCs: Fraction, Gliten-Alice, Mazoe, Mikayla, Moronoe, Sprite)
            "Five," Gliten said, "no one tries to follow those who elect to leave. At the moment, our school rather likes its anonymity. We like to sleep easy not having to worry about nutters trying to kill us all in the dead of night.

"If you're game, I suggest we go through Mazoe's portal. As you said, the authorities should be here soon--we might as well go someplace private."

Originally posted by Michuru81

The Order, Round Fourish
            • Fluxx (I8 - 21)
            • Current (I8 - 26)
            • Mikayla (D4 - 21): Suffocating (-1 Attack, Defense, Reflex; standard or move action), Unconscious (R3)
            • Mazoe (H8 - 23): Helpless, Paralyzed (Lex, R3)
            • Moronoe (J8 - 20)
            • Alice (19)
            • Gliten (J7 - 19)
            • Sprite (I10 - 17)
            • Fraction (T2 - 6)
            MILITARY BASE (Greystone; NPCs: Maze)
            "I take it the military docs patched you up alright?" Looking at her, Greystone could tell: she was still injured, yes, but the glow around her stomach was not as intense following the stitches.

"Yeah," she said uneasily. "Fourteen stitches where he stabbed me..." From the aura around her head, he knew she was embarrassed. He was beginning to get better at reading what the different colours meant, and reading people's moods. "I can't believe this happened. I never should have underestimated him... but you..." She smiled. "What you did back there couldn't have been easy. The right thing seldom is. I just... I keep wondering: did you do it because you had to, or because of what he did...

"...to me?"
            Armada Status

Comment

The Blue Knight

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
              MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight; NPCs: The Drifter)
              The Blue Knight made his way down the hall when he came across the Drifter, sitting on a bench, holding a cup of microwavable soup in her hands. "It's so weird," she said. "I mean... you guys know me, but I've never met you. Which... if this is how I meet you, then the first time you met me, it was just like this, right? Someone who knew all about you, and yet... you've never met them?" She raised the cup to the mouth. She didn't sip from it. She just sniffed it. "I miss my mom's soup. She made great soup.

"What about you? Do you... do you still have your mom? Or is it 'mum'? You're English, right? I mean British! Sorry! I get those... I... Sorry..."
              "Its 'mam.' I'm Welsh, actually-which is British. A lot of yanks get it mixed up, but its proper simple. There's the yoo-kay, and inside is Wales, England, and Scotland-that's Great Britain."

He cocked his head to the side a bit. "And then parts of 'Oireland', all that's the UK.",

Gwyn smiled. "English people are like," He went all RP-imitating Robert, really, the Englishman he knew best,

"'And she rather liked it.'" He dropped the voice.

"And Welsh people are all, And she rather liked it, innit?"

He beamed, and put his hands out wide. "Simple, ya?"

Gwyn sat down next to Liz, keeping a bit of space between them, but not a bunch. "I don't know all about yew-only known yew for two days or so. But I know wot's important-yew're brave, clever, and kind, and yew want to do the right thing. I'd like to think the yew I met-FutureYou-woulda said much the same about me, ya?"

He considered all that he had learned recently, and what little hard facts he know about Elizabeth. "You're a Neo-Sapien, right? In my world, anyway, yew're mam and brother are-I know him a bit actually. Smart bloke, good but not too nice-if yew follow. Which means yew can't be from here. Whendja leave your world?"
              [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

[...Also, from the portal being open, what kinds of smells wafted through, maybe Fluxx could find out where the school is located by the nascent scents.]
                Fluxx stepped forward, his protective Vindicator's suit practically screamed his allegiance. The face hugging ear disengaged to allowed air through to the unconscious evoker.
                Mikalya shouldn't be suffocating anymore, but Sedation means she shouldn't be conscious yet either.

"Zrough ze portal would be ill-advised on our part. None of us 'ave any idea where it leads nor is zere any assurances you would send Lex back." Fluxx warns.

Comment

Imago

"I wish I could say something to put you at ease, but..." Imago shook his head.

OOC
                  Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                  Crinoverse - Avengers
                  Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                  Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                  Crinoverse - Time After Time
                  Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                  Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                  Extreme Unction

Comment

Magnitude
                    Kasimir Flaegler
                    HP 1

His helm hid his expression from prying eyes, but the timbre of Kas's voice was easy to determine.

"Nein. He does not see the prisoner. Nor do his sisters or eskort. Nothing they haf done today speaks of trustworthiness."

"Und before he klaims otherwise, remind him that we were asked to safeguard his family from harm. None uf them are injured...beyond what I was forced to inflikt. At this point I am no longer under any sort uf obligation to the general, und I am feeling quite vexed und would very much like hurting someone. I am not opposed to Dong-suk being that someone."

Comment

Greystone:
                      [Jack Rexroth]

"Yeah," she said uneasily. "Fourteen stitches where he stabbed me..." From the aura around her head, he knew she was embarrassed. He was beginning to get better at reading what the different colours meant, and reading people's moods. "I can't believe this happened. I never should have underestimated him... but you..." She smiled. "What you did back there couldn't have been easy. The right thing seldom is. I just... I keep wondering: did you do it because you had to, or because of what he did...

"...to me?"
                      Jack shifted his weight from foot to foot as he considered his answer for a moment. The truth of the matter was that it hadn't just been Ellen's injury at Incubus' hand that had spurred Jack's action, but the older man's taunting of his doing worse to her and the others should he win that had been the final straw for Jack.

"Both, but his hurting you is what made up my mind." The American answered quietly.
                      Last edited by Tattooedman; 28th September 2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Violet Lear
                        HP: 6

Violet's heart sank when Astrid threw the cup. "You should take that. It must hurt really bad. I'd be in a lot worse shape than you are."

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
                          Cnd: 2 x Bruised

Otso closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of her body touching his as he listened to the sound of her voice. It was good, comforting, especially in this world they'd ended up in. He was at first a little confused when she brought up the spell, then blushed furiously as he realized what she was talking about. <<"I would like that very much, you're dream, I mean. As for the spell here?">>

Otso looked up, focusing on some point in the distance as he thought. <<"I don't really know much at all about magic, except what we've come across at the school. Maybe we could ask there? Or the mage here, if we manage to rescue him. I hope it's not like that and I suppose right now, that's all we can do. Hope.">> He tilted her head upward, holding her gently as he leaned in to kiss her. <<"I find myself more hopeful when I'm with you.">>
                          Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight; NPCs: The Drifter)
                            "You're a Neo-Sapien, right? In my world, anyway, yew're mam and brother are-I know him a bit actually. Smart bloke, good but not too nice-if yew follow. Which means yew can't be from here."

The Drifter nodded. "I am, but... I'm not anything special. My mother's hyperintellect is... astounding. She's smart and wise and... it's incredible. Me? I just process things faster than normal. I'm not that clever. I just think faster.

"Back home, my family... My mother ended up becoming involved with this group--the Thule Society. They have agents who they send out into the world to investigate supernatural incidents. Sometimes, they find these relics are at the center of the problem. When they do, the field agents bring them back and... well, they also have people who research things. That's what my mom and brother do: they get their hands on these artifacts and they try to figure out everything they can about them.

"Like I said, I'm not anything like them, but mom tried to bring me into the family business. There was this weird thing that came through--the Astrolabe. I was looking it over and... next thing I know, I'm in another dimension."

"Whendja leave your world?"

"That was a few days ago--not even a full week."

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO [INSIDE] (Current and Fluxx; NPCs: Fraction, Gliten-Alice, Mazoe, Mikayla, Moronoe, Sprite)
                            "Zrough ze portal would be ill-advised on our part," warned Fluxx. "None of us 'ave any idea where it leads nor is zere any assurances you would send Lex back."

"It goes to the other side of the island," Mazoe growled. She looked to Gliten. "Permission to speak freely?"

Gliten nodded to her.

"You said you want to talk. The thing is, you're the ones who attacked first."

"Your crew attacked zat woman earlier, unprovoked."

"Your definition of 'attack' is Gliten touching someone and imprinting a psychic aura on them? No punch was thrown; no damage was done. The sale of a superpowered weapon was interrupted, though, and a criminal was apprehended after she tried to burn down an ancient temple." Mazoe glared at all of them. "We create portals, read minds, turn to water, and repel people. Yeah, we're a real violet crew. My nervous system will totally vouch that you guys clearly have the best of intentions.

"But let me see if I've got this straight: you make a bunch of demands about talking to us in private, and when we try to adhere to that, you question whether we can be trusted? If the headmistress tells me to talk to you, I will, but honestly, I'm thinking if I go off with you people, a bag goes over my head and comes off when I'm in an undisclosed location."

Originally posted by Michuru81
                            She doesn't have the ranks to reach the school without making an extended range teleport. This portal is set to go to another part of the island--a quick getaway to reconvene.

The Order, Round Fourish
                            • Fluxx (I8 - 21)
                            • Current (I8 - 26)
                            • Mikayla (D4 - 21): Suffocating (-1 Attack, Defense, Reflex; standard or move action), Unconscious (R3)
                            • Mazoe (H8 - 23): Helpless, Paralyzed (Lex, R3)
                            • Moronoe (J8 - 20)
                            • Alice (19)
                            • Gliten (J7 - 19)
                            • Sprite (I10 - 17)
                            • Fraction (T2 - 6)
                            MILITARY BASE (Imago; NPCs: Felsic)
                            "I just... If we make a habit of killing people for the right reasons, it'll just become easier to kill them for the wrong reasons.

"I... I should probably let you get some rest."

NVAE (Magnitude; NPCs: Diamond Dust, Dong-suk, Manticore, Rheid, Tantivy, Zlatkovski)
                            Dong-suk began to talk and Zlatkovski began to translate: "I lay eyes on the prisoner or the media lays eyes on security footage of a Neo-Sapien attacking an embassy... and begin carried to safety and protected by representatives of this school. Make whatever claims you want. No one will be able to deny what's happening here...

"We will expose this school as a terrorist factory."

MILITARY BASE (Greystone; NPCs: Maze)
                            "Both, but his hurting you is what made up my mind."

She looked away and began to blush as a smile spread over her face. "It hurt at first, but it's... I'm managing now. The medic said it might not even... leave... a scar..." Her voice was getting tinnier and tinnier. She crossed her arms over her chest. Her fingers hooked under the hem of her shirt. For a moment, she hesitated. She swallowed hard and then pulled the T-shirt up and over her head.

She wasn't wearing anything under it.

"What do you think?" she asked timidly. Hopefully.

MILITARY BASE (Shiver; NPCs: Verve)
                            The Austrian girl looked startled to discover she had company. "Violet?" she asked. "I didn't know you were here..."

She stretched both arms out before her and held them against each other to compare the widths. "Will it ever heal?" she asked softly. "Can it be healed? Martin couldn't heal Armand's eye, and the last time we went with her, we got back a week after we left. What if we come back too late for Martin to heal it and I... will they... make...?"

She let out a scream--loud and pained and brimming with frustration. "I hate her!" she snarled. "I hate her so much! She shows up and she just... she takes us! She doesn't ask, she just takes and she keeps taking me! Why!?! She said her stupid thing chooses who and where and when and... it took Kas to pose as Kas, and it took Harry and Jack because they're good in a fight, and Gaspar... They said Gaspar saved us all from the palace guards... but I did nothing! I was useless! I was just in the way--just like always!--and then we come here and I almost lose my whole arm, and why!?! Why did that stupid locket bring me, too? Why am I so pathetic? Why did she have to come back?

"Why does he love her!?!"

MILITARY BASE (Ursa; NPCs: Vestige)
                            Vestige kissed him back as she slipped her arms around him. <<"I think... I think if we ever do have children some day... and if we have a little girl... Hope would be a good name for her.">> She gave him her most winning smile. <<"Hope Karell.">>

The happiness seemed to melt away, and she broke eye contact, as though she were trying to see a trail of where the bliss went. <<"Not that I want to meet her soon... I... I don't want to be like Sarah... but we need to rest, and we're not at the school. We don't have to stay in two different dorms...

<<"If it is okay with you, we could... we could share a bed? I might sleep better with my teddy bear beside me.">>
                            Armada Status

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
                              Cnd: 2 x Bruised

He smiled at her. <<"She sounds beautiful, like her mother. You're right, we don't need to rush, but I would like to rest here.">>
                              Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

"What the 'Eck?! Yes, using powers to induce mass panic, especially in a public area, is an attack. Zey 'ave specific laws against yelling 'Fire' in a movie zeater after all. Also, forcing someone to end up where zey don't want to be, also an attack. And mind controlling a girl and claiming 'er as your newest student - a 'souvenir', your 'eadmistress called 'er, is 'kidnapping' and 'brainwashing', also wrong. Lex 'as first hand accounting of ze mind controlling of parents to send a girl to ze School of Avalon." Fluxx says remembering what the American said in London regarding Mr. Arnett.

"I suspect 'e was trying to warn you zree zat it might 'ave been done to you. 'E seems to 'ave some connection to or knowledge of your classmate, Tindra."

"As for trust, would YOU 'ave gone zrough a portal knowing it's creator could shut it off mid-stride and possibly bifurcate you? I doubt it."
                                Last edited by flynnarrel; 29th September 2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X