Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
    HP: 4
    Cnd: 2 x Bruised

Otso stepped closer to Beatrice, laying a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "We go as a group." He added in a low voice in French, only for her ears. "<<Don't worry ma cherie, I'm not leaving your side.>>"
    Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

The Blue Knight

Gwyn sighed again, holding up his hand. "Team spirit is graate and all, but...when we first got here, throw into a scrap? Felsic," He pointed at the blonde,

"Spent her time trying to keep Liz and Bea from dying. Shiver had to do the same for Astrid. Time that could have been spent stopping those three faster and preventing Ellen from getting torn open like a loaf of bread."

He rubbed his forehead. "At the very least, you three, if you insist on fighting,"

Again he pointed to Liz, Vestige and Astrid, "Need to wear some kinda armor, ya? Protecting you while also trying to fight enemies will leave us vulnerable, and put all of us at risk."

The three girls, while helpful in their ways, had absolutely no place in the kind of fight they'd be getting into, with desperate, powerful and trained killers. Paladin hadn't even taken Gwyn on as a partner until testing how tough his forcefield was.
      [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Violet Lear
        HP: 6

Violet stood by Astrid. "I'm with Otso. We don't split up. I'm not getting stuck here."

Comment

Imago

"I personally am not in favor of this." Imago spoke in support of Harry. "Even if you had protective gear... and maybe RPGs with the gas and flashbangs.... still not convinced this is a good idea."

OOC
          Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
          Crinoverse - Avengers
          Crinoverse - Young Avengers
          Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
          Crinoverse - Time After Time
          Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
          Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
          Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
            [Jack Rexroth]

Jack had been listening to everyone talk after the general confirmed they'd get what he'd asked for. While he wasn't overly wild about this mission he knew that the Astrolab wouldn't return them home until they'd fulfilled whatever goal it had brought them here to do. The American just hoped that stopping the escapees from Pandora that had come here was all it wanted.

"We're staying together." He said calmly. "And since we've already had enough of our group injured I'd say that B.K.'s idea about body armor is a good idea." He glances towards the general with this. "Something lightweight and that won't impede movement too much if possible...and maybe a couple knives too." Looking back towards the group he goes on. "At least for the Drifter, Vestige and Verve, their powers don't give them any offensive abilities."

Comment

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO [INSIDE] (Current and Fluxx; NPCs: Fraction, Gliten, Mazoe, Mikayla, Moronoe)
              Something was suffocating Mikayla; the American boy moved to incapacitate Mazoe. Gliten watched as her headmistress' warnings were confirmed: the students of the New Vindicators Academy of Europe hated them and wanted to destroy them.

She watched as Moronoe transformed. One moment, she was another Laotian girl; the next, she was living water.

Wasting no time, the girl's limbs shot forward and moved to encapsulate the boy's head. She had him tied up, but there were still the others...

With the strange girl who had claimed to be able to transmute oxygen to hydrogen now made of metal, Gliten realized her attacks would be useless against her. That left the newcomer--the boy behind the American...

Tindra, came Headmistress Godridge's voice in her head, let me talk to him. I think I can end this...

Trusting the woman absolutely, Gliten allowed the woman to take over her body.

"Monoroe," Gliten asked, now affixing the British accent Current had come to recognize as Kirstie's aunt, "please let go of Mister Murphy."

The water girl did as she was asked and the Icelandic girl looked to the New Vindicators. "Please, stand down. I'm willing to give you one last chance here... Leave. Leave now, or I will go into your head and I will erase every happy memory you have. We don't want a fight, but if you're intent to press one, I promise you: you will not escape without wounds that never heal."

Behind him, Sprite dropped out of the sky. She peered into the temple, letting her eyes adjust as she sought out her target...

Originally posted by Michuru81

Alice - Initiative: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19

Sprite - Initiative: 1D20+1 = [16]+1 = 17

The Order, Round Threeish
              • Fluxx (I8 - 21)
              • Current (I8 - 26)
              • Mikayla (D4 - 21): Suffocating (-1 Attack, Defense, Reflex; standard or move action), Unconscious (R3)
              • Mazoe (H8 - 23): Helpless, Paralyzed (Lex, R3)
              • Moronoe (J8 - 20)
              • Alice (19)
              • Gliten (J7 - 19)
              • Sprite (I10 - 17)
              • Fraction (T2 - 6)

22 is an impossible grapple for Mikayla. Lacking a positive Strength modifier or a melee attack score, the best she can hope for is a 20.

Mikayla - Fortitude - DC 20: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
              Fail by 8. Mikayla - Constitution Check - DC 10: 1D20 = [9] = 9
              Unconscious.

Mazoe - Acrobatics - DC 16: 1D20+7 = [6]+7 = 13
              & Mazoe - Will - DC 25: 1D20+2 = [5]+2 = 7

Moronoe will transform and move to suffocate Lex: Moronoe - Attack: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18
              If that's a hit, it's Suffocate 8.

Alice will do her thing.

Sprite will move in.
              MILITARY BASE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Drifter, Felsic, Maze, Verve, Vestige)
              "We need to take precautions, ya?"

"No," Ursa said, shaking his head, "we can't split the group. The Astrolabe, from what I've understood, isn't the most reliable mode of transportation. Suppose some of us stayed behind and this thing decided we were done here the moment we beat these guys? We're not leaving anyone behind."

Vestige looked alarmed by that news. "If ze Drifter is wiz us, then 'oo will be left behind is zat you." She was learning English fast with Miss Zlatkovski and her boyfriend's help, but sometimes she reminded everyone this was still her second language.

Her boyfriend stepped closer to her, laying a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "We go as a group."

An arm crossed her chest so that her fingers could lightly grip his. She rested her head down on the back of his hand. <<"Don't worry ma cherie,">> he said in French. He dropped his voice low, speaking for her alone, <<"I'm not leaving your side.">>

It was a touching gesture, and one which left Maze rolling her eyes.

"Team spirit is graate and all," the Blue Knight sighed, holding up his hand, "but... when we first got here, throw into a scrap? Felsic spent her time trying to keep Liz and Bea from dying. Shiver had to do the same for Astrid. Time that could have been spent stopping those three faster and preventing Ellen from getting torn open like a loaf of bread."

"I'm with Otso," Shiver said, refusing to move from Verve's side. "We don't split up. I'm not getting stuck here."

The Blue Knight rubbed his forehead. "At the very least, you three, if you insist on fighting..." He pointed to the Drifter, Verve, and Vestige. "...Need to wear some kinda armor, ya? Protecting you while also trying to fight enemies will leave us vulnerable, and put all of us at risk."

"I personally am not in favor of this," growled Imago. "Even if you had protective gear... and maybe RPGs with the gas and flashbangs.... still not convinced this is a good idea."

"We're staying together," Greystone said calmly. "And since we've already had enough of our group injured I'd say that B.K.'s idea about body armor is a good idea." His eyes drifted towards the general. "Something lightweight, and that won't impede movement too much if possible... and maybe a couple knives too. At least for the Drifter, Vestige and Verve, their powers don't give them any offensive abilities."

"Non," Vestige said. "I am sorry. I do not... Violence is not..." She looked to Ursa. <<"What is the word?">>

She trailed off as the plane descended. The Drifter sighed as she watched medics take Maze and Verve away. "Well, since we're determined to stick together, it's not like we're moving out any time soon... We might as well try to get some rest before we deploy again, right?"

Originally posted by Michuru81
              I'll advance things soon, but I really did want to try and allow for some character moments amongst this group, rather than jump from one fight to the next. Feel free to write up some personal scenes. You're on a military base. Doctors are going to tend to Astrid's arm and work to stitch up Ellen's stomach. Shock, if Violet's staying with Astrid, go for it. If she's going to get into Jack's face over what happened to Incubus, go for it. Whatever you guys are game for, go for it. I just wanted to be able to have a bit of character advancement between the fights.
              Armada Status

Comment

Imago

"Votre truc?*" Imago exasperatedly finished in French for her. "Of course."

She trailed off as the plane descended. The Drifter sighed as she watched medics take Maze and Verve away. "Well, since we're determined to stick together, it's not like we're moving out any time soon... We might as well try to get some rest before we deploy again, right?"
                "Rest, yes Liz." Imago stumbled off. Fighting for one's life tended to sap energy, given that he found himself volunteering for the bait for the next go around.

OOC
                *Google translate, French for 'your thing?'
                Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                Crinoverse - Avengers
                Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                Crinoverse - Time After Time
                Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                Extreme Unction

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                  HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex carefully lowered the Indian girl to the ground, looking up just in time to see a steam of water coming right at him.

He ducked as it slapped around where he'd been a second before then gave it a funny look.

"Monoroe," Gliten asked, now affixing the British accent Current had come to recognize as Kirstie's aunt, "please let go of Mister Murphy."
                  "Yeah, Monoroe, let Mister Murphy go," Lex drawls with an roll of his eyes.

The water girl did as she was asked and the Icelandic girl looked to the New Vindicators. "Please, stand down. I'm willing to give you one last chance here... Leave. Leave now, or I will go into your head and I will erase every happy memory you have. We don't want a fight, but if you're intent to press one, I promise you: you will not escape without wounds that never heal."
                  "That's how you do it, isn't it? You erase all the parent's happy memories, and all the girl's happy memories. All they remember is the bad things and the kind woman who saved them from their horrible life," Lex scowled, "You got greedy, Attercop. I was going to let the girls walk until you tried to kidnap another one. You just got too damn greedy."

"And now that I know what you did to these girls? No, I ain't backing off,"
                  Lex cracks his neck, "Maybe I can't stop them from going back to you, but I can show them the life you stole from them. I can show them the truth you don't want them to see."

"And you want to take my happiness? Come and get it,"
                  He waves his hands wide, and smiles murderously, "I'm right here. Come inside, Attercop. Feel my fury!"

Comment

Edit: hadn't seen Lex's post, I'll modify to take in to account his
                    [Did the portal close with Mozoe's incapacitation? If not then the ear will disengage and inch it's way through to their school. Also, from the portal being open, what kinds of smells wafted through, maybe Fluxx could find out where the school is located by the nascent scents.]
                    Fluxx stepped forward, his protective Vindicator's suit practically screamed his allegiance. The face hugging ear disengaged to allowed air through to the unconscious evoker. That took more concentration that he thought it would. He'd have to practice.

Fluxx waves Sprite not to do anything hostile, for now...

"You tried to kidnap that girl. A 'souvenir' you called 'er." Fluxx gestures to the choked-out heap of a mage. "Don't zink you're in ze righteous position 'ere." He looks at the newly possessed blond. "Oh, and go ahead and try." he points to his head. "I find my ''appy memories' are dwindling away on zeir own anyway." he pointedly does not look at Elle, his stony expression never faltering.

"I do not know why your crew attacked zat woman earlier, unprovoked. Just know your plans 'ere are foiled."

He turns to the Hydro-girl. "Is zis ze kind of zing you are taught at your school? Zat it is okay to attack and kidnap people? Did you mistress do zat to you? Took memories until only ze ones she wanted remained? Zink on it, is your life truly your own?"

So here was the trouble, they were ill-equipped to transport these girls, even if they did incapacitate the other two while their 'bathroom mentalist' of a Headmistress kept hounding them. Fluxx gives a slight look to Lex asking what their play here was.
                    Last edited by flynnarrel; 25th September 2015, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Violet Lear
                      HP: 6

Violet followed along to stay with Astrid. Somebody had to. Beatrice had Otso and Ellen was close to Jack. Even the Drifter seemed to have some connection with the Blue Knight. But Astrid had no one else. "You'll be all right to come with us Astrid. We won't leave you behind."

Comment

The Blue Knight

When he had a chance, Gwyn walked over to Jack, hoping to find the American alone.

"Hey," He said, fiddling with his sunglasses.

"You wanna talk about wot happened back there?"

Comment

Greystone:
                          [Jack Rexroth]

Jack was watching as everyone headed their own way. Right now he wanted to try and grab some food, then a nap and after that he wanted to talk with a couple of them. Then Gwyn came up to him.

When he had a chance, Gwyn walked over to Jack, hoping to find the American alone.

"Hey," He said, fiddling with his sunglasses.

"You wanna talk about wot happened back there?"
                          Jack sighed. He knew that this was coming, though he was expecting it to be Otso first. "What's to talk about? I dealt with Incubus. He was too dangerous to keep as a prisoner and let's be honest Maze's pocket dimension isn't a permanent answer to deal with him and his goons. We're gonna have to deal with them at some point later."

Comment

The Blue Knight

Gwyn shrugged a bit, hands up in a non-threatening gesture. "Not what I meant, ddraig."

He stuffed his hands in a pocket, taking a slight step closer. Blond hair fell across his eyes. "I'm not trying ta say yew did something wrong, Jack. But you killed a man in cold blood. Yew had all the reasons in the world, but still...I'm no shrink, but I am your friend, and something like that, it changes people, ya? Everyone else wants to condemn you-except for that Swiss kid, but he seems like a bit of a tosser-but I just want to make sure yew're feeling alright."

Comment

Greystone:
                              [Jack Rexroth]

Gwyn shrugged a bit, hands up in a non-threatening gesture. "Not what I meant, ddraig."

He stuffed his hands in a pocket, taking a slight step closer. Blond hair fell across his eyes. "I'm not trying ta say yew did something wrong, Jack. But you killed a man in cold blood. Yew had all the reasons in the world, but still...I'm no shrink, but I am your friend, and something like that, it changes people, ya? Everyone else wants to condemn you-except for that Swiss kid, but he seems like a bit of a tosser-but I just want to make sure yew're feeling alright."
                              Jack sighed again. Of course he'd misunderstood Gwyn, given his background he understood Jack's line of thought better when it came to how he dealt with Incubus compared to the others.

Why did he have the nagging feeling that this was going to be like the Blitz had?

"I ain't felt alright in a few years, but as for how I feel about what I did? I didn't want to go there but I didn't feel like there was any other choice." Jack paused for a moment as a frown formed on his lips again. "I know that killing someone is a huge thing....there ain't no undoing it once it's done and honestly I ain't really thought it over yet 'cause we don't have the time for right now."

Comment

The Blue Knight

Gwyn gave Jack a tight smile, clapping him on the shoulder. "Ain't that the truth? Remember the last time we met Lamperouge? From finding Gas, to going to another world, back to the school and then dealing with Siegfried's plan, all in just two days."

That had also been the first time Gwyn had fully lost control of himself, letting his demon side run amok. They all had their unpleasant memories, and more all the time, it seemed.

"I may not have been what yew've been through Jack, but I'm still here for you. Paladin, he's had to kill in the past-one of the first things he told about himself. I won't lie and say it didn't change how I looked at him, but after some of the things we had to deal with? I know that if I have to, its a line I'd cross myself-because doing what we do isn't about what we want."

He waved a hand, indicating the soldiers and others staffing the army base. Talented and capable people sure, but in need of superhuman defenders as much-if not more-than anyone else.

"Its about what they need, ya? And hey, when there is time, and if you want to talk, I'm all ears, mate."

Comment

Working...
                                X