Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #15: Deport (IC)

Alex "Current" Murphy
    HP: 2 CND: Normal

Lex sits down on the bench next to Kirstie and slides up against her gently. Enough to let her know he was there, but hopefully not so much that he'd bump her and ruin her text.

Texting that fast either meant she was excited or livid.

Either way he did his best to keep his attention off her phone as he waited for her to finish. Ruining their date and being a snoop wasn't going to make his life any easier.

So he watched the people moving through the halls as he waited patiently.

Comment

Violet Lear
      HP: 3

Yesterday, Wolf was her friend. A friend with some questionable habits but ones she had deemed were ultimately harmless. And now it turned out he was anything but harmless. It wasn't clear just how much he was involved but he was clearly a willing participant. The whole thing made Violet feel sick. How many other girls had Wolf pointed out and were never heard from again? She stared at the officer blankly.

"There is very little about this that I would wish for. Can I go now?"

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
        GRAND HOTEL WIEN (Martin)
        "If you knew Haboob, you would not mock him. That man is a fiend... and I know a thing or two about fiends.

"I'm Caballero," said the faux-Viktor. "I understand there may be some confusion caused by my appearance. I assure you: I'm not the Viktor DeGallow you know." He pointed to the picture of Viktor on the wall. "But I am a Viktor DeGallow--the Viktor DeGallow of another universe, if that helps you to understand.

"I've been tasked with destroying the evidence, now that you and your friends have found our location, it appears as though we're on the move. My employer tells me that you can make yourself look like other people, and suspects you may try to incapacitate me and take my place." He held up his cell phone. "When you have removed yourself from the premises, I will call for my ride back to our new base. They will ask me for a password. If I do not call them soon, they will kill your two friends. Do you understand?"

Martin tries to fit the man into the information he knows. "You must partner with BG?" he asks stepping back. He acknowledges the young man's mission. Though alternate dimensions were not even a possibility he'd known of before now.

"That's fine. I will not interfere wiz you. But I ask you to deliver a message. If all of zis is to get at one dangerous person at ze school, I am also trying to remove a dangerous person at ze school. We could coordinate to see if our goals align. I could 'elp. At least, ask your boss, please." He pleads.

Comment

The Blue Knight

For once, the other voice in his head and Gwyn were in complete agreement. He was going to mash this guy into nothing.

"Not trying ta kill you. Gonna wish I had."

Gwyn swung through the man again. When he was down, he was going to burn the heart out of this yn fab i ast.

1d20+11=16 Hero Point to re-roll
          1d20+11=31 Of course.
          Gwyn will attack with his Strike again 1d20+7=18 I have a feeling that's a miss, so I'll re-roll, and I think have one Hero Point left. Not sure though. 1d20+7=16 That's an adjusted 26. So DC 24 Will for Damage.
          [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Magnitude
            Kasimir Flaegler
            HP 6 LP 2

Kas mournfully shook his head at Bulwark's question. "You know I can't make that kind of promise. I have sworn to safeguard the life of Crown Princess Sophie regarding the assassination plot being fomented against her. Given the opportunity, that vow takes precedence over any other and I would have to dash to her side."

"However, we could accompany you so you could keep an eye on us, preventing any misbehavior on our part."

Comment

DONAUSTADT POLIZEIWACHZIMMER (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
              As he sat beside her, Kirstie ran the back of her hand across her eyes. She turned her head away and kept it low, trying her best to hide the fact that she'd been crying from him.

DONAUSTADT POLIZEIWACHZIMMER (Violet; NPCs: Cops)
              The officer nodded and ushered Violet out of the room, and back to where Eve was waiting.

GRAND HOTEL WIEN (Martin; Caballero)
              There was a pause, and then: "I do not think you would help if you knew what this was about," Viktor said. "Our dangerous person is someone you care for."

Originally posted by Michuru81
              First off, I apologize. I just looked back to a previous post (the notes on Martin and the others) and saw how I cut off cryptically on Martin's. I did not mean to do that. Martin's note should read "highly dangerous and unpredictable abilities; do not directly engage; if possible, use threat of hostages to cause hesitation; Tatjana Nelson is primary weakness; Elle Curie is secondary; final contingency is to create a conspiracy that will force his natural proclivity towards knowing to distract him."

DC 15 Notice check for Martin to see the device in Caballero ear, feeding what to say to him. From there, Martin could possibly surmise that this is an attempt to distract him, as the note says: make him puzzle over the details of a conspiracy, so that he misses the big picture.
              HOFBURG PALACE: NORTH TOWER (Blue Knight; NPCs: Astrid, Freiherr Ulrich, Guards)
              Blue Knight's next hit brought Ulrich to the ground, but the two swords he had animated stayed in the air. With Astrid bleeding out, the two swords focused their attacks on the Welsh teen. One swung from behind and the other thrust from ahead.

Ulrich's Will save (DC 24) (1d20+4=7) Ulrich is down.

Both swords will throw 3 into Power Attack. Swords' attacks (Power Attack 3) (1d20+7=21, 1d20+7=19) If either are hits, DC 28 Toughness, Eld.
              HOFBURG PALACE: THE DUNGEON (Kas and Jack; NPCs: Bulwark, Drifter, Gabriel, Gabrielle)
              "You know I can't make that kind of promise."

The Drifter slapped her forehead and dragged her hand down her face.

"I have sworn to safeguard the life of Crown Princess Sophie regarding the assassination plot being fomented against her. Given the opportunity, that vow takes precedence over any other and I would have to dash to her side."

"However, we could accompany you so you could keep an eye on us, preventing any misbehavior on our part."

The warden looked at Kas for a few beats, and then shrugged. "Makes sense to me!" he said, opening the door. "All right, we're gonna use the buddy system! Greystone and Magnitude can take the weird twins." He hooked an arm and offered it to the Drifter. "M'lady."

The Drifter slipped an arm through his and walked with him out into the hall. There, Bulwark stopped. "Weird. There should be guards here. Oh, well!"
              Armada Status

Comment

Greystone:
                [Jack Rexroth]

When Bulwark offered to leave them alone as long as they promised to 'behave', Jack couldn't believe the groups luck.

Then Kas had to piss all over the idea by being honest.

Jack's response was similar to the Drifters', except he didn't drag his hand down his face, instead he simply whispered a few curses into his palm.

Then Kas saved it by saying Bulwurk's only option would be to take them along. And he AGREED.

Jack simply decided to keep quiet and not ruin the progress they'd somehow stumbled into, and complied with the direction to help Gabriel and Gabrielle. Though he did make it a point to pick up Gabrielle, leaving the brother for Kas to deal with.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex couldn't help but feel terrible as he pulled Kirstie over to give her a hug, "I'm sorry, Kirstie. I know this has all been a disaster."

Comment

Magnitude
                    Kasimir Flaegler
                    HP 6 LP 2

Kas couldn't miss Drifter and Greystone's reaction to his interaction with Bulwark, his senses were omni-directional after all. Still, he couldn't lie to Bulwark, just in case they escaped and the confrontation included the warden. The stone man had proven to have some...interesting...responses to emotional stimuli, so it wasn't out of the realm of possibility he would be so enraged after an escape, that they would have to face him in combat as well as Oscar, Gwyn, Kasimir and any other enemies arrayed against them.

No, he would have to bank on honesty backed up by the reasoning that Bulwark was doing his job if he kept an eye on his prisoners, (so to speak), no matter where their actual physical location.

He had to admit, he was shocked the ploy worked, but he wasn't going to argue. Using his powers, he hefted Gabriel off the ground and formed up in the ranks behind the garrulous golem.

Comment

The Blue Knight

The first blade penetrated Gwyn's fiery armor and pierced his chest, blinding him with pain. Unable to focus, his flames died down, and the second blade cut across his clavicle. The blood was hot, and Gwyn fell back, falling to one knee.

He'd defeated Ulrich, and thought the blades would fall when their puppetmaster did. Unfortunately, he'd been wrong. And now, looking up at the dancing blades, he realized Ulrich was going to have the last laugh after all.

First toughness save 1d20+11=18 Last Hero Point to re-roll
                      1d20+11=13 That's an adjusted 23, and this is bad. BK is Injured/Bruised, and Stunned.
                      Since he's Stunned, he has to make a Concentration check to keep his Sustained powers up, like his Force Field. DC is 10+rank, so 17 1d20+8=12 So the Field is down.
                      Second Toughness save 1d20+3=19 So Injured/Bruised x2, still stunned until just before the Swords go.
                      [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

HOFBURG PALACE: THE DUNGEON (Blue Knight, Kas, Jack; NPCs: Astrid, Bulwark, Drifter, Gabriel, Gabrielle, Ulrich)
                        The Warden and the Drifter led their procession through the halls and back towards the North Tower--the only way of accessing the surface, according to Bulwark. Rounding the corner, the Drifter let out a gasp. "Gwyn!" she shouted, darting around the bend and racing to join Blue Knight.

Two swords danced in the air, flanking him. The first blade penetrated the boy's fiery armor and pierced his chest, blinding him with pain. Unable to focus, his flames died down, and the second blade cut across his clavicle. The blood was hot, and Blue Knight fell back, falling to one knee. Astrid was with him, wearing a great crimson gash in her stomach, and looking like she was no longer of this world. The blades poised to strike, and the escaped prisoners moved to intercede.

"Holy crap!" the warden exclaimed. "Is that Freiherr Ulrich?" The giant cupped his hands over his mouth, and knelt down by the unconscious man's hand. "You still owe me ten bucks, Freiherr Old-dick!"

Kas and Jack can have a surprise action before the swords move again.
                        DONAUSTADT POLIZEIWACHZIMMER (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
                        "Yeah," Kirstie said, "it has. It's not your fault, I just... I wanted tonight to be special and now Tatjana'snotansweringmytextsbecauseatleastSOMEONEi shavingsexanditsucksbecauseIdon'tknowwhattodo!"
                        Armada Status

Comment

Magnitude
                          Kasimir Flaegler
                          HP 6-1=5 LP 2

Stumbling upon the scene of Blue Knight's fight, Kas was simultaneously elated and distressed, but he wasn't hesitant. Leaving Gabriel to collapse or stand on his own, he lashed out at one of the hovering swords with his powers. Drawing a complex web of cometing gravitational fields around it, he sought to grasp and immobilize the airborne blade.

Attempting to use his Telekinesis to Grapple the Sword. Attack 1d20+8=23.

Ranged Grapple Check. 1d20+16=25. hmmm...HP and re-roll 1d20+16=28.

Not much better, but, better. Since the total was above 10, no bonus to the total.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex pulled Kirstie closer and squeezed, "Any time I get to spend with you is special, sweetheart, and..."

He trailed off as he belatedly translated the Kirstie-babble, and he quickly gave Kirstie another hug to hide his own nervousness.

"I love you, okay?"

Comment

Violet Lear

Violet smiled weakly when she saw her best friend waiting for her. She held her arms out, desperately needing a hug. "Oh, Eve, what a night. I can't believe you waited all this time for me. It feels like I was in there forever."

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
                                GRAND HOTEL WIEN (Martin; Caballero)
                                There was a pause, and then: "I do not think you would help if you knew what this was about," Viktor said. "Our dangerous person is someone you care for."

DC 15 Notice check for Martin to see the device in Caballero ear, feeding what to say to him. From there, Martin could possibly surmise that this is an attempt to distract him, as the note says: make him puzzle over the details of a conspiracy, so that he misses the big picture.
                                They'd messed up.

Telling him that the target was someone he cared about was too convenient for them, too coincidental. He wasn't close to that many people and presenting a Sophie's Choice of girlfriend vs. someone else he cared about was too heart-wrenchingly cliche'd to be believable. But they still have Tatjana so there was little he could do.

He stood aside in sullen silence while not-Viktor finished his work.

Comment

Working...
                                X