Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
    HP: 4
    COND: Fatigued

"It's better than what happened to us before you got here." Imago countered firmly. "Besides, in neither case did we or you have the benefit of preparation."

OOC
    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
    Crinoverse - Avengers
    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
    Crinoverse - Time After Time
    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
    Extreme Unction

Comment

Magnitude
      Kasimir Flaegler
      HP 1

Kas sighed and shook his head. "The Neo-Sapien is in kustody, not being given asylum. Remind Dong-suk that if he really wants an international incident, I will drag both him und myself in front uf the United Nations Sekurity Kouncil und ask for a polygraph, under which we kan explain his family's exakt motives for being in Vienna."

"So, he kan just allow the Viennese und UN authorities to deal with this intruder...or..." Kasimir cracks his knuckles. "...he kan stop this ridikulous posturing und attack."

"Make sure to tell him those are his only options."

Kas briefly wondered what Dong-suk's powers actually were. The confrontation with Napoleon ended so quickly, he really hadn't had a chance to find out. Well...he knew he could fly...so that was a start.

Comment

Greystone:
        [Jack Rexroth]

Gwyn patted Felsic's arm a bit. "She's got a point, ya? However, in-fighting isn't gonna do anything for us, innit We'll get back to base, kit up, and then go after the Kurbash. We've thinned their numbers, and if necessary, we'll cut our way into the spaceship."
        "Really, numbers?" Violet frowned, shaking her head. "Four of us almost died against those three."
        "It's better than what happened to us before you got here." Imago countered firmly. "Besides, in neither case did we or you have the benefit of preparation."
        "He's got a point Shiver." Jack said, finally speaking up. "Having a plan instead of being dropped in the middle of a fustercluck with no clue as to what the hell we fell into the middle of would help us a lot."

Then he leaned back, eyeing the General. "So, sir, what kind of resources are you willing to give to this little job? Ouer numbers are greater than theirs, but it could still be proper dangerous for us."
        "But there are a couple things that we could use that would go a long way to making it easier for us to take them out."

Comment

PLANE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Drifter, Felsic, Incubus [DOA], Maze, Verve, Vestige)
          "So, sir, what kind of resources are you willing to give to this little job? Ouer numbers are greater than theirs, but it could still be proper dangerous for us."

"Really, numbers?" Shiver frowned, shaking her head. "Four of us almost died against those three."

"He's got a point Shiver," said Greystone. "Having a plan instead of being dropped in the middle of a fustercluck with no clue as to what the hell we fell into the middle of would help us a lot, but there are a couple things that we could use that would go a long way to making it easier for us to take them out..."

"We're prepared to supply you with everything but lives," said the general. "Near as I can tell, we're facing down World War IV out there, and we're not about to just sacrifice more men to a battle they've no hope of surviving. Other than that... what do you need?"

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO [INSIDE] (Martin and Lex; NPCs: Dewhurst, Fraction, Gliten, Mazoe, Mikayla, Moronoe, Nicholas, Tallemaja)
          Martin's arms flowed around Tallemaja. "Thank you, Elle," she said.

"I'm getting you out of here."

Her eyes bulged as she realized it was not Elle she had to thank for her rescue.

"Deep breath."

"Martin, wait!"

Too late, Martin pulled her into the earth...

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO [OUTSIDE] (Martin and Lex; NPCs: Dewhurst, Fraction, Gliten, Mazoe, Mikayla, Moronoe, Nicholas, Tallemaja)
          "Get out of sight, but get some pictures of those girls, they're the only lead we have." Lex stood up and started moving forwards, "M, I'm going to see if I can keep some of those people from getting stomped to death."

Dewhurst ran forward, armed with his camera, snapping pictures of everyone he could.

Originally posted by Michuru81

The Order, Round One
          • Fluxx (S1 - 27)
          • Current (T20 - 26)
          • Mazoe (K3 > I10 - 23)
          • Mikayla (G3 > D4 - 21)
          • Moronoe (L3 > I10 - 20)
          • Gliten (K2 - 19)
          • Dewhurst (S20 - 15)
          • Nicholas (K3 > I10 - 6)
          • Fraction (Q2 > T2 - 6)
          • Tallemaja (L2 - 3)

That's an impossible grapple for Tallemaja in her current form, so... we're good.
          NVAE (Magnitude; NPCs: Diamond Dust, Dong-suk, Manticore, Rheid, Tantivy, Zlatkovski)
          Zlatkovski translated for Magnitude. Before she could finish, Dong-suk was shaking his head.

"He said those are not the only options. He wants to see the prisoner."
          Armada Status

Comment

Greystone:
            [Jack Rexroth]

"We're prepared to supply you with everything but lives," said the general. "Near as I can tell, we're facing down World War IV out there, and we're not about to just sacrifice more men to a battle they've no hope of surviving. Other than that... what do you need?"
            Jack nodded, he understood where the general was coming from. Anyone he could send with them would likely not survive, hell they took serious hits against three of the invaders. "I was thinking flares and flash-bangs, maybe some kind of nasty gas weapon and gas masks for our people if possible."

Comment

Tallemaja's reaction confirms to Martin that Elle can Elongate and create Permeation in herself and others, and had a similar enough golden gel form that Tallemaja would assume it was her ally. It also confirmed that Elle was not possessed by Lacuna (Tallemaja was the type to use her ally's correct name, or at least whatever pseudonym Lacuna came up with this new merging - given Elle's occasional use of the call sign Fraction, Lacuna would have chosen something like 'Algorithm' or 'Exponent', Martin had no doubt). But since she expected 'Elle' Martin had to concede that it was indeed his sister and not a falsehood from a possessing entity. It still didn't rule out magical mental coercion from Tallemaja herself. Still he'd need answers.

Martin All out moves them southward to L20, emerging into the basement electrical room of the building Lex and Dewherst are on top of. He continues to split his attention between the auditory input from his planted ear and the terrorist in front of him.

His comm is clicked on to the frequency he, Mira, and Lex determined beforehand.

"Okay Mary, you're safe in zis basement wiz your cover intact. Do not leave as zat psychic repulsion field might still be in effect and I barely resisted it. We don't know 'ow many ozer Avalonians are 'unting you or zeir capabilities. Looks like zey are sore auction losers. Know zat your plans today were already doomed to failure as Chuck is in Australia and cannot meet you any time soon - I assume zis Killer-Zombie was a trap for 'im." Fluxx says (Martin manifested the School uniform as he released Tallemaja).

I just realized Martin is now fatigued, his Elongation last round was a move action, then standard to grapple, Free to snap to Talle's square, reaction on activation of grab-based power, then surge to drop them below ground, thus, fatigued. Whew.
              Last edited by flynnarrel; 21st September 2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

PLANE (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Drifter, Felsic, Incubus [DOA], Maze, Verve, Vestige)
                "I was thinking flares and flash-bangs, maybe some kind of nasty gas weapon and gas masks for our people if possible."

"Done," the man said, nodding curtly to Greystone.

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO [BELOW] (Martin; NPCs: Tallemaja)
                "Okay Mary, you're safe in zis basement wiz your cover intact. Do not leave as zat psychic repulsion field might still be in effect and I barely resisted it."

LEAVE!

"We don't know 'ow many ozer Avalonians are 'unting you or zeir capabilities. Looks like zey are sore auction losers."

RUN!

"Know zat your plans today were already doomed to failure as Chuck is in Australia and cannot meet you any time soon. I assume zis Killer-Zombie was a trap for 'im."

GET AWAY!

The effect on Tallemaja is continuous. As Martin is with her, he'll need to make additional saves to not flee from her: Gliten - Power Check: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
                FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO [OUTSIDE] (Lex; NPCs: Dewhurst, Mazoe, Moronoe, Nicholas)
                Current darted forward, moving to help evacuate everyone from the temple. As he did, there was a flash of light. Everyone screamed and dove as flames shot from the windows and doors.

"What's going on down there?" Sprite asked over the comms. "Do you want me to come down?"

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO [INSIDE] (Fraction, Gliten, Mikayla)
                Fraction watched as her brother moved to protect Tallemaja's disguised. It was not too surprising--not when she realized that it was in the best interests of his camp that Laputa put a stop to the Faustian Society's ambitions.

Unfortunately, she now had no inkling as to how to proceed. Their plan had been to lure Chuck in and detain him. Would Tallemaja want Mikayla and Nicholas to go free, in order to later catch their leader? Would she want this newcomer taken out of the equation?

"Who the hell are you?" Mikayla asked the blonde.

"Who's asking?"

Mikayla started moving her hands through the air. "You have no idea what you just screwed up!" she snarled.

"Mikayla Garrison is from the States," Tallemaja had told her. "She's an evoker--someone who specializes in energy magic. It's sort of like conjuration in that she calls energy into being. Unlike conjuration, however, it is not an effect she sustains. Her magic is explosive. Fireballs and lightning bolts--that sort of arcana.

"She's the most dangerous of Faust's group--especially in this sort of environment. I'd rather not risk the lives of everyone at the temple, and if we can avoid her burning the place down... that'd be wonderful."

No, Fraction wasn't sure what Tallemaja would want done, now that the plan had gone south, but one aspect was the same: keep Mikayla from burning Fuya Temple to the ground.

"Mikayla, stop!" Fraction snapped. She allowed her disguise to fade, revealing instead a lithe, attractive young woman about their age. "My name is Gabrielle Curie--you know my brother! You know what he's capable of! I've just transmuted the air in the temple to hydrogen. Channel a spark of flame or a bit of lightning and you both die in a fiery explosion!"

Mikayla eyed the girl for a moment and then smirked. "The next time you try something like that, don't let your voice crack--gives away the rouse."

"Baferlil!"

The space in front of the blonde girl sizzled and popped. As flames shot in every direction, the young woman did the splits and dropped low to the ground. As the flames rolled harmlessly over her, she sprang back to her feet and exploded forward. Fraction was astounded: it was all one seamless movement for her to avoid the magical attack, rise up, charge for the magus, and throw her to the ground.

In no time at all the blonde was pinning Mikayla's arms behind her. "You," she said, looking up at Elle. "This girl is your enemy, yes? I can leave her in your hands?"

The Order, Round Two
                • Mikayla (D4 - 21): Grappled, Stunned (Gliten, R2)
                • Gliten (K2 - 19)
                • Fraction (T2 - 6)

Fraction - Bluff: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
                Eeep...

Mikayla - Sense Motive: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24

Mikayla will hurl a fireball at Gliten's spot. Gliten - Reflex - DC 18: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24
                Evasion means no damage.

Gliten will charge/stunning attack: Gliten - Attack: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25
                - Mikayla - Fortitude - DC 10: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3
                Stunned. Improved Grab means Gliten starts a grapple: Gliten - Grapple: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26
                vs. Mikayla - Grapple: 1D20 = [2] = 2
                Armada Status

Comment

Imago

"Other part of the questions," Imago mused, going over the thoughts for preparation, "I saw you shape-change Jack. Can you copy people? Something that can work over video and audio?"

OOC
                  Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                  Crinoverse - Avengers
                  Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
                    [Jack Rexroth]

"Other part of the questions," Imago mused, going over the thoughts for preparation, "I saw you shape-change Jack. Can you copy people? Something that can work over video and audio?"
                    "Kind of. I can look like others but not sound like them."

Comment

Imago

"So keep your mouth closed and nod - or just gag you." Imago decided. "The way I see it: Do unto them what they did unto us. Pull them into a trap. With luck, they probably don't know their three went down, much less you guys arriving. And I doubt they know much about me. So I SUPPOSE I'm gonna have to pretend to be the godly mighty being that crushed three of the Kurbash, and about to 'execute' Pyre just to prove it.... or some kind of grandstanding thereof."

OOC
                      Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                      Crinoverse - Avengers
                      Extreme Unction

Comment

Greystone:
                        [Jack Rexroth]

"So keep your mouth closed and nod - or just gag you." Imago decided.
                        The look of puzzlement was plain on Jack's face at this statement.

"The way I see it: Do unto them what they did unto us. Pull them into a trap. With luck, they probably don't know their three went down, much less you guys arriving. And I doubt they know much about me. So I SUPPOSE I'm gonna have to pretend to be the godly mighty being that crushed three of the Kurbash, and about to 'execute' Pyre just to prove it.... or some kind of grandstanding thereof."
                        Now understanding what Imago was talking about, Jack smirks. "I like it. Only problem I have is how sure are we that group would care that much about one another?"

Comment

Imago

"Do they need to? These people executed world leaders just to make a point. If their reputation is challenged, they're going to try to crush me. Besides, do they want to set a precedent to bite themselves in future troubles between the group?"

OOC
                          Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                          Crinoverse - Avengers
                          Extreme Unction

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
                            FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO [BELOW] (Martin; NPCs: Tallemaja)
                            "Okay Mary, you're safe in zis basement wiz your cover intact. Do not leave as zat psychic repulsion field might still be in effect and I barely resisted it."

LEAVE!

"We don't know 'ow many ozer Avalonians are 'unting you or zeir capabilities. Looks like zey are sore auction losers."

RUN!

"Know zat your plans today were already doomed to failure as Chuck is in Australia and cannot meet you any time soon. I assume zis Killer-Zombie was a trap for 'im."

GET AWAY!
                            Fluxx gritted his teeth and planted his feet against the psychic onslaught. "Yeah, still going on." he says a bit strained.

"Yeah, team there's a young woman who put a field around Mary, <He describes briefly Gliten>. Maybe if you distract her it'll drop. Unconsciousness can be distracting I hear." He puts his hand to his one good ear and the commlink therein."

From his other ear however....

Martin heard Elle's voice, but somehow older. Why did she not keep running? What made her stay?

"stop... Gabrielle.... capable of... hydrogen... spark... fiery explosion" Fluxx had no idea what his sister was doing. He then felt the mage's game boy shift against his ear and an echo of heat - clearly not the inferno his sister threatened. (He would have recommended a Hydroxate-ethyline for that particular outdoor setting and wind conditions - Pure hydrogen floats away to quickly with no containment.)

He was concerned that his sister just came under attack. Then he feels his ear smashed up against the electronic device pinned in Mikayla's pocket between the mage and the ground. He winces at the sensation and puts his hand to his phantom ear. "What ze 'Ell is going on up zere?"
                            he says rhetorically.

"In fact, what ze 'ell is going on in general? What 'ave you dragged my sister in to?" Fluxx says a bit angrily toward Tallemaja.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                              HP: 1 CND: Normal

"Yeah, team there's a young woman who put a field around Mary, <He describes briefly Gliten>. Maybe if you distract her it'll drop. Unconsciousness can be distracting I hear."

"Yo, M, I just told you her name and what she can d-" He scowls as a thought hits him, "Did you turn your ear piece off? Wait, forget that, why hell would we want her to stop? Tellamagic being unable to get anywhere near people sounds pretty damn good to me"

Lex dashed over to the entrance way and pulled a woman who was about to fall back to her feet, just before the explosion happened.

"What the fu-"

"What's going on down there?" Sprite asked over the comms. "Do you want me to come down?"

"What are y-" Lex yelped. Ellen was supposed to be in Japan waiting for a phone call not, apparently, overhead waiting to dive bomb into action.

"What ze 'Ell is going on up zere?" he says rhetorically.

"El-er-Sprite, stay out of sight. Fire girl is just going to scare people worse than they already are," Lex said after a frantic, and frustrated, moment of scrambling to come up with a reason which might actually keep Ellen away from trouble, "I'll let you both know what's going on when I find out."

He sighed, tapping into his powers then jumped up and over the wall to avoid the crowd, charging into the building the explosion had come from.

He skidded to a stop a few seconds later.

"Elle. Tindra," He said casually as though this was a normal meeting before he paused then looked at the girl who was always playing video games, realizing he had no idea what her name was at the moment, "Uh... you."

Comment

"Sorry, we were phasing zrough solid Earth." Fluxx says by way of explanation why he didn't hear Lex.

"Tallemaja, speak quickly." Fluxx says.

Comment

Working...
                                X