Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Magnitude
    Kasimir Flaegler
    HP 1

Kas had to agree with Ms. Zlatkovski. Second hand translation was a highly questionable proposition. Language was tricky. One wrong inflection and a statement could end up meaning something completely different than intended and when one was dealing with a sing-song language like Korean, the incident of mistranslation was a matter of when not if.

"I agree, you'd best come up here. Tantivy, Rheid, Mantikore...would you please go check on our guest? Dong-suk's sisters are neither with him, nor kalling ahead to give warning, which means they might be attempting to lokate Napoleon as we speak. Except for the one who has powers akin to Shiver, we haf no idea what the girls are kapable uf. I'd rather not chance this being a distraktion to extrikate him."

Kas didn't like having to assume Ji-won and the others would try to abduct the dimension lost Frenchman from the Academy, but they'd already demonstrated a fundamental predisposition for deceit. Plus in the corridors near the Wreck Room, or even within the room itself, the trio could negate the advantages flight gave an opponent, should that prove necessary.

Now it was merely a matter of waiting for the linguist to arrive to assist in negotiations.

Comment

S/he looked at the Chinese woman skeptically. S/He knew Lacuna was a master manipulator.

"If you are not Lacuna-controlled zen you are under mental magics and 'iding ze pinpoint pupils wiz Elle's abilities. Or, you may even be my little sister, Elle and misguided by a terrorist wiz many many decades of manipulating people. Eizer way, come back wiz us and agree to incarceration. Give up Tallemaja's insanity, and I'll make sure she gets out of zis." Martina promises, well aware his words are being transmitted. "I just... want my family back."

Comment

The Blue Knight

Gwyn waited until they were mostly out of earshot of the others. He tried to smile a bit-he imagined this was all as strange for Lamperouge as it had been for him the first time they'd met.

"So, I imagine this is all proper strange for ya. But you're quick, so I'll sum up. Youer thingy there-Astro summat, lets ya travel through space, time, and through parallel dimensions. That's how some of us know ya-from ouer point of view, we've already met-in what is ouer past and youer future. And that's why I can tell ya-"

It was all a bit Doctor Who, he supposed. Gwyn'd actually done a fly-by over the studios in Cardiff about a year back. Robert had chided him, and then admitted he still to the day wished to meet Tom Baker.

He reached out and laid a hand on her shoulder, softly squeezing in a comforting sort of way. "This is gonna turn out nice and tidy. From my point of view, ya've already been through this, and ya got through without a scratch. I know, confusing, innit, but trust me. We're gonna help this world, and then your thingy will have us on ouer way. Now let's get cracking."

Gwyn paused for a moment, remembering. He let his hand drop.

"Oh, right. I go by The Blue Knight, but most of them's know me as Harry Percy. Its my secret identity. My real name is Gwyn. I'm telling ya because-from my point of view again-you knew the first time we met. Ya ready to get back to it, eh, Lizzie?"
        [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

NVAE (Magnitude; NPCs: Diamond Dust, Dong-suk, Manticore, Rheid, Tantivy, Zlatkovski)
          "Give me the word and I can be down to the Wreck Room and back before they can even think about reacting," Tantivy said. "I can keep e

In minutes, Miss Zlatkovski was on the front quad. She called out to Dong-suk in his native language and listened as he yelled down his reply. "He says he's here to formerly request the French boy be surrendered to him. He said that he attacked the Korean embassy and is their problem--not yours."

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO (Martin and Lex; NPCs: Dewhurst, Fraction, Gliten, Mazoe, Mikayla, Moronoe, Nicholas, Tallemaja)
          "I just... want my family back."

"In that case, destroying our parents was a poor decision." Elle walked past him on her way to Tallemaja. "If you'll excuse me, I must continue with our family's legacy, as there is no one left to do so..."

As she made her way towards her teammate, something curious happened...:

Originally posted by Michuru81
          Hero point to Martin.

The green stuff is bushes and such. From the ground level, stairs go up to the temple. There is a retaining wall around the temple, so... we'll go with ~5' drop from the temple to the bushes, then another 5' drop to the ground. The circle in the middle is a big pole.
          • Dewhurst
          • Fraction
          • Gliten (Tindra, K2)
          • Mazoe (Indian Girl, K3)
          • Mikayla (G3)
          • Moronoe (Asian Girl, L3)
          • Nicholas (K3)
          • Tallemaja (L2)

Lemme know where everyone is at. Dewhurst and Fraction's placement will be contingent upon Lex and Martin's position.
          CAMP DAVID (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Drifter, Felsic, Incubus [DOA], Maze, Verve, Vestige)
          "So, I imagine this is all proper strange for ya. But you're quick, so I'll sum up. Youer thingy there-Astro summat, lets ya travel through space, time, and through parallel dimensions. That's how some of us know ya-from ouer point of view, we've already met-in what is ouer past and youer future. And that's why I can tell ya-"

He reached out and laid a hand on her shoulder, softly squeezing in a comforting sort of way. The young girl started to blush and looked dreamily at the pretty, blonde Welshman.

"This is gonna turn out nice and tidy. From my point of view, ya've already been through this, and ya got through without a scratch. I know, confusing, innit, but trust me. We're gonna help this world, and then your thingy will have us on ouer way. Now let's get cracking."

Gwyn paused for a moment, remembering. He let his hand drop. Her heart skipped a beat.

"Oh, right. I go by The Blue Knight, but most of them's know me as Harry Percy. Its my secret identity. My real name is Gwyn. I'm telling ya because-from my point of view again-you knew the first time we met. Ya ready to get back to it, eh, Lizzie?"

The Drifter gave him a dopey smile as she nodded enthusiastically.

Following him back to the others, they found Felsic missing. Likewise, Incubus' body was gone. Before either could question it, the Finnish girl slowly rose up from the earth. She looked sheepishly at the Blue Knight. "I just... I thought he could use a proper burial, you know?"

"Are we getting out of here soon?" Shiver asked Imago. "This place doesn't feel safe."

No sooner had the words left her lips than he heard the orders come across his communicator. "Rescue chopper is in-bound to carry you to a transport." Moments later, they could all hear the rotors. A ladder was dropped through the treeline, and the New Vindicators escaped Camp David.

Their ride carried them over a massive forest fire sweeping through the region. Imago briefed command over what had happened as medics went to work taking care of Maze and Vestige's injuries. Soon, they descended towards a C-5 galaxy.

"So," Felsic said, "what's the plan?"
          Armada Status

Comment

Imago
            HP: 4
            COND: Fatigued

"The only real way to get to the rest of them is to get on that spaceship. Of course the military has yet to accomplish this feat, natch. I do have some ideas, but I'd like to get a break before risking my life again."

OOC
            Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
            Crinoverse - Avengers
            Crinoverse - Young Avengers
            Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
            Crinoverse - Time After Time
            Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
            Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
            Extreme Unction

Comment

Martina was by Fraction, and Fraction was watching from some distance away, Maybe S1?
              Martina tried to swallow his/her horror at his worst fear coming true. Gabrielle Curie, his last family member, had turned against him and the world.

"Elle, our parents were going to murder zousands of innocent people!" Martina retorts. "Zey were part of an organization zat used bombs and terror as weapons against uninvolved civilians. Do not do zis, please. I miss zem too, but zis is wrong!"

init: 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27
              when it comes to it.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex frowned, "Might be time for you to make your exit."

"Things are going to get loud soon, no need to get caught in that,"
                He notes to to Dewhurst.

OOC: I assumed Lex and Dewhurst were on the roof a building some distance away... so I guess T20 or so?
                Distance isn't really a big issue for Lex.
                Init (1d20+14=26)

Comment

Violet Lear
                  HP: 6

Violet stayed by Astrid as they boarded the helicopter. She hoped the girl wouldn't wake up before they could find her some medication to help with the pain. She didn't like the idea of having a tea break while they were trapped in another dimension but it was hard to argue that many of the others needed it. "That's going to get us on an alien spaceship? They'll see it coming halfway across the continent."

Comment

Imago
                    HP: 4
                    COND: Fatigued

"No, just get us back to base so we can recuperate and figure out how we're getting onto the spaceship." Imago responded with an eye-roll. "Mr. Aurelius was providing the finest in teleportation dier rigeur, until he got killed. Hence why we had to wait for the copters in the first place."

OOC
                    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                    Crinoverse - Avengers
                    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                    Crinoverse - Time After Time
                    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                    Extreme Unction

Comment

Magnitude
                      Kasimir Flaegler
                      HP 1

Kas's voice was deadpan when he responded to Ms. Zlatkovski. "Really."

Pointing up at Dong-suk, so the young man couldn't mistake where this response was coming from. You may tell Dong-suk the young man thought he was attacking the Empire of Japan, und since possession is nine-tenths of extraordinary rendition...we're keeping him"

After a moment, he shook his head. "Mein apologies, that was childish. Tell him to go home before he provokes an international incident."

While he would like this to end peacefully, Kasimir also was beginning to want to beat someone into the dirt. Today had been challenging to his emotional equilibrium. He didn't want to put too much distance between Ms. Zlatkovski and himself, but he raised to about shoulder height, so Dong-suk knew that combat was imminent if he kept pushing.

Comment

CAMP DAVID (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Drifter, Felsic, Incubus [DOA], Maze, Verve, Vestige)
                        "The only real way to get to the rest of them is to get on that spaceship. Of course the military has yet to accomplish this feat, natch. I do have some ideas, but I'd like to get a break before risking my life again."

"That's going to get us on an alien spaceship?" Shiver said at the sight of the military transport. "They'll see it coming halfway across the continent."

"No, just get us back to base so we can recuperate and figure out how we're getting onto the spaceship." Imago responded with an eye-roll. "Mr. Aurelius was providing the finest in teleportation dier rigeur, until he got killed. Hence why we had to wait for the copters in the first place."

"The Aurelius is the son of Phenomena," the general said. "He shares her immortality, though he revives a bit slower than she does. He won't be up and about for another week... and who knows how much damage these monsters'll have done by then..."

"Maybe if you hadn't elected to play God and effectively neuter your superhuman populace," Felsic grumbled, "you wouldn't be in this mess."

"Or maybe we'd be in a worse one," the man growled back.

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO (Martin and Lex; NPCs: Dewhurst, Fraction, Gliten, Mazoe, Mikayla, Moronoe, Nicholas, Tallemaja)
                        "I just... want my family back."

"In that case, destroying our parents was a poor decision." Elle walked past him on her way to Tallemaja. "If you'll excuse me, I must continue with our family's legacy, as there is no one left to do so..."

As she made her way towards her teammate, something curious happened... Elle turned and began running away from Tallemaja.

"Might be time for you to make your exit," Lex grumbled to Dewhurst. "Things are going to get loud soon, no need to get... caught... in..." He trailed off as he watched two of the girls--neither Tindra--and Nicholas come barreling out of the temple, along with nearly every tourist who had gone in.

"What the hell is going on?" Dewhurst asked as everyone seemed to be trampling each other to get through the doors.

Suddenly, Lex remembered what Benedikt Jónsson had said about his sister's power: "Tindra inherited our mother's ability: she can... touch something--anything! A person, or a thing, or a place... and her power makes it where no one will come near it."

Originally posted by Michuru81

The Order, Round One
                        • Fluxx (S1 - 27)
                        • Current (T20 - 26)
                        • Mazoe (K3 > I10 - 23)
                        • Mikayla (G3 > D4 - 21)
                        • Moronoe (L3 > I10 - 20)
                        • Gliten (K2 - 19)
                        • Dewhurst (S20 - 15)
                        • Nicholas (K3 > I10 - 6)
                        • Fraction (Q2 > T2 - 6)
                        • Tallemaja (L2 - 3)

Gliten's power is an area Mind Control with a set trigger. Essentially, she plants it on a person or a place, and it triggers every round on anyone within the area. It's limited to one command however--compelling the afflicted to get away from the center of the effect. Basically, she's made it so anyone who is within 40' of Tallemaja or tries to get within 40' of Tallemaja has to save against the effect or be repelled: Gliten - Power Check: 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26

Fraction - Will - DC 26: 1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19

Mazoe - Will - DC 26: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12

Moronoe - Will - DC 26: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15

Mikayla - Will - DC 26: 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19

Nicholas - Will - DC 26: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25

Lex will be fine; Martin will need to save against it.

Fraction - Initiative: 1D20 = [6] = 6

Dewhurst - Initiative: 1D20+1 = [14]+1 = 15

Moronoe - Initiative: 1D20 = [20] = 20

Mazoe - Initiative: 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23

Gliten - Initiative: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19

Mikayla - Initiative: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21

Nicholas - Initiative: 1D20+1 = [5]+1 = 6

Tallemaja - Initiative: 1D20 = [3] = 3
                        NVAE (Magnitude; NPCs: Diamond Dust, Dong-suk, Manticore, Rheid, Tantivy, Zlatkovski)
                        The woman translated for Magnitude and then grimaced as she showed Dong-suk the same favor. "The Volunteers were called in to protect our emissaries from superpowered threats. When a superpowered threat appeared, the Volunteers helped him to escape and now give him sanctuary. Someone could make a case for the Volunteers being behind this attack...

"If anyone is creating an international incident, it's you."
                        Armada Status

Comment

The Blue Knight

Gwyn patted Felsic's arm a bit. "She's got a point, ya? However, in-fighting isn't gonna do anything for us, innit We'll get back to base, kit up, and then go after the Kurbash. We've thinned their numbers, and if necessary, we'll cut our way into the spaceship."

He leaned closer to Pirjo, whispering "That was nice of you to bury em like that. He may have been a tosser, but he still deserved that much at least."

Then he leaned back, eyeing the General. "So, sir, what kind of resources are you willing to give to this little job? Ouer numbers are greater than theirs, but it could still be proper dangerous for us."
                          [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                            HP: 1 CND: Normal

"That'd be Tindra," Lex grimaces at the sight of people stampeding out, "She can touch something and make it so nobody else wants to be around it."

"Get out of sight, but get some pictures of those girls, they're the only lead we have,"
                            Lex stood up and started moving forwards, "M, I'm going to see if I can keep some of those people from getting stomped to death."

Comment

Martina felt it - FLEE, RUN, LEAVE - the words screamed themselves in her/his mind. His/her body shook with it, the edges wavering indistinctly as some cells tried to obey and others did not. That apple jello ripple went through his body. But dammit, he was a Curie! With gritted teeth s/he willed him/herself to stand ground.... and more.

Though he wasn't sure exactly what was going on - was this a manifestation of Tallemaja's powers? was this an attack ON her? - he knew that if people were running away from Tallemaja, he wanted to be close.

His arms stretched their direction, aiming for Tallemaja. When his elongation kicked in, the Irish girl disguise dissolved to be replaced by his jello form. He left his Vindicator uniform off, not wanting to identify his affiliation, though he'd miss the protections of the kevlar weaves. Hopefully his liquid form would conceal his identity. Sure, it may be recognized as a Curie, but maybe it'd be mistaken for Elle (though he'd never actually seen Elle elongate in the way he could).

If that hits, Martin's gelatinous body snaps around the terrorist in a grapple.

Grapple: 1D20+16 = [18]+16 = 34

If the grapple hits, free move to her position and grab-based Permeate activates. [I think grab-based powers activate on successful grapple]
                              "I'm getting you out of here." Martin whispers to Tallemaja. "Deep breath."

With that, he drags her in to the ground. [Move action]

Comment

Violet Lear
                                HP: 6

"Really, numbers?"
                                Violet frowned, shaking her head. "Four of us almost died against those three."

Comment

Working...
                                X