Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
    HP: 4
    COND: Fatigued

"Copy. ETA?"

OOC
    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
    Crinoverse - Avengers
    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
    Crinoverse - Time After Time
    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
    Extreme Unction

Comment

Originally posted by Michuru81 View Post
      MOUNT PUTUO (Martin and Lex; NPCs: Dewhurst, Fraction, Mikayla, Nicholas, Tallemaja)
      "I think I see Tallemaja," he said. "It looks like the telepath we have back in Row 64--the one holding this auction..."

"Huh, really?" Lex looked to Dewhurst. "I was pretty sure you were Tallemaja."

"I trust you received the-"

"You thought I... Actually, that's pretty-"

"-funds? How are we-"

"-smart. I can see how-"

"-going to proceed?"

"-you'd think that."

It was hard to focus: the mages' conversation was muffled as it was, given that he was hearing them through Mikayla's coat; having Lex and Dewhurst chatter in his other ear was just distracting.

Comment

CAMP DAVID (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Drifter, Felsic, Incubus [DOA], Maze, Verve, Vestige [KO])
        Once Imago had his answer, he informed Felsic, the Blue Knight, and the rest of his new companions that they had a few more minutes to wait. "Fine," the Drifter said, "so how about introductions? I get that you know me, but I don't know any of you..."

"Ellen," the British girl said as she let Greystone try to stop the bleeding with his webbing, "codenamed Maze."

"I'm Pirjo, but I go by Felsic in the field."

The Drifter listened as everyone introduced themselves. "That's Astrid," Pirjo said, gesturing to the disabled girl, "and those two are Otso and Beatrice." She smiled as she watched Ursa wake his girlfriend up. She envied her. She'd been asked out a few times since enrolling at the New Vindicators Academy, but by boys who didn't go to their school--who didn't know her past. At what point in the relationship did you reveal that you had joined a group of freedom fighters who turned out to simply be a terrorist organization who had tried to crash an island into their city?

There were a few boys at the school who knew who she was and what she had done, but didn't seem fazed by it. Matt Meyers was one, but the boy was so awkward, she was put off by him. Dag Schenkenberg was cute, but still brooding over Tallemaja. Juozas Cahan hardly noticed she existed--same for Fiore! Mario Tharivol, Buddy Kiriakis, and Matt Santos all seemed hesitant around her--no doubt because of her past. There was the new boy--Gus--but he was so distant... He was still reeling from having spent close to a year asleep while Lacuna piloted his body.

Kasamir Flaegler was cute, and certainly seemed to be forgiving where the Laputa kids were concerned. The only problem was how focused he was on his responsibilities, she didn't imagine he'd have time for her.

And then there was Harry Percy, the Blue Knight. He was a knight in flaming armor who had been making appearances in her dreams, lately. She was smitten with the gallant Welshman. He was cute, cool, smart, funny, tough... She liked him, but he had seemed agitated by her in Morocco and then minutes ago in the Wreck Room...

"Otso is Ursa," she said wistfully, "Beatrice is Vestige. Astrid goes by Verve."

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO (Martin and Lex; NPCs: Dewhurst, Fraction, Mikayla, Nicholas, Tallemaja)
        "Perhaps you two can get a vantage point?" Martina asked.

"Yeah, sure. Just try to stay out of trouble, ya know?" Looking to Dewhurst, Lex grinned. "So, any preferences?"

"Actually..." The Welshman stopped Martina before she left and passed her an earpiece. "It's tuned to a channel we should be safe on." He handed one more to Lex before putting on in his own ear. "We don't want to just out right follow them everywhere--we'll raise suspicions. Try to stay as inconspicuous as possible, but keep an eye on them. They'll come into contact with Tallemaja's camp soon enough. If it's at all possible, we need to try and stop all three.

"Again, mages need to be able to move their hands and speak to cast a spell. Restraining the two we're tailing is a big plus. Tallemaja's Neo-Sapien powers make that more difficult. From what I can gather, she should be able to shapeshift around any attempts to grab her.

"This place dates back to the Qing Dynasty, so if a fight breaks out, try not to trash the place. Your safety and the safety of everyone around us is paramount, but if we damage the building, you know how it'll be spun.

"Lastly, I want established safewords. Lacuna can potentially possess any of us. Presumable, Lacuna can't access a mind she's suppressed, so if I need to prove that I'm not compromised, I'll say 'Tuba Stamp'. If I am compromised? Take me out. Don't risk it."

"Okay," Lex said, "but my word is 'Unctuous', so you won't get to use it that often."

"You will identify me by 'Euchre Blue'," Martin said, naming Tatjana's favorite card game and his favorite color. He put the communicator into his ear, then moved to begin sniffing out the mages. He could hear them--even if things were a bit muffled--but he wanted to see them too.

There they were: Mikayla's lip gloss and the sweaty stench that Nicholas gave off... The tea Dewhurst had been drinking before meeting up with them, and the smell of Lex's own coat... Another of the temple's visitors had fish-breath; a woman was wearing too much perfume; a little boy had an accident in his pants...

In the middle of that was Elle. It was clearly Elle. Following the scent, Martin found his way to an aged Chinese woman... "Located Elle," he reported. "I'll try to stay downwind and observe the goings-on between her and the mages."

As he watched her, Martin realized his sister was doing to the mages what he was doing to her: she was watching them--keeping tabs on them for Tallemaja.

"Advice on if we're letting the mages do their thing and watching, or what?"

"I say we stay put," suggested Lex.

"But we-"

"Hear me out," Lex said, cutting off Dewhurst. "Both sides came probably came expecting trouble. Both sides probably have an ace in the hole. We can be pretty sure that T isn't going to give them the real head. Doing anything now would put people in danger, and put us in a three way fight. I can probably take one of those guys--I can probably keep two busy--but four isn't a fight I think I want to try. Main objective is T and your sister? I say we hold off, hope the mages bugger off, and that lets us focus on what we really came for. Even if they come to blows at least we'll see them spring their traps before we surprise the lot of them."

"Except that the mages won't bugger off," Dewhurst said. "They came to purchase a weapon--a weapon we're confident Tallemaja isn't going to give them. They're not just going to shrug their shoulders and say, 'Well, you win some, you lose some.' They're going to be irate and potentially put all of these people in danger."

"They're already in danger," Lex said, "we're way too late to stop that, and pretty much anything we do will just make the situation worse. I can't think of a single solution that doesn't immediately set them off, or give us away, short of calling in a bomb threat or something stupid like that. I still think waiting is a good choice." Suddenly, worry seized the American. "Uh... Are we sure that's Lacuna who's running amuck in Elle? Any chance she's just being whammied by T... 'Cause if she's being run by Lacuna I just had a horrible thought: what if she could plant a seed in a zombie head?"

"Lex... There is. No. Head. That's the thing: the zombie is missing it's head. No one knows where the head is. The zombie's body, on the other hand... That's what the fuss is about."

"Sorry," Lex muttered, "I was kind of busy trying to make sure your coworkers weren't coming to kill us when you two were talking about who had what. I was a little distracted."

"You raise a point," Dewhurst said, "can Lacuna possess a creature missing its head?"

"I'd say no," said Lex. "No mind, no seed."

"Guess that explains how you haven't been possessed..."

"Ha, nice," Lex snickered. "Just one problem: I already got a seed. One ticking time bomb waiting to go off. Sad part is it's kind of helpful in these situations. I'm the only person here we know isn't going to be mind controlled."

"It bothers me that you still have that in you," Dewhurst said.

"All got our crosses to bear," Lex said. "I carry what's left of a dead little girl in my head. Kind of like to think that makes up for the fact I couldn't stop that bullet that killed her. Besides, people can break free. Ask Kirstie."

"Trouble is, there's no telling when that thing will mature... but for now, we'll use it. The seed makes you immune to their mental attacks. All you have to worry about is... everything else. Tallemaja's a shapeshifter, capable of doing almost anything. Elle is Martin's sister, which puts her in the same boat."

Martin chimed in. "I was thinking that Lacuna-Elle wouldn't know what Lex looked or smelled like. He might be able to get close if he can focus his powers enough for subtlety."

"We could... hold on," Dewhurst said, "I think I see Tallemaja. It looks like the telepath we have back in Row 64--the one holding this auction..."

"Huh, really?" asked Lex. "I was pretty sure you were Tallemaja."

"I trust you received the funds?" Mikayla asked, sliding her PSP into her coat pocket. Martin could feel it brush against his ear. "How are we going to proceed?"

"You thought I... Actually, that's pretty smart. I can see how you'd think that."

"I can see that you're emissaries for Charles Faust," Tallemaja said, "but you're still not Charles Faust. I'm sorry, but I need to conduct this business with him. The seller was explicit-"

"And now I'm pretty sure you're an alien," Lex said jokingly.

"Chuck said the Dodger wouldn't care," said Mikayla, "so long as he has his money-"

"All right," said Dewhurst, "we need a game plan. Now, presumably Tallemaja isn't going to let these guys have the weapon."

"I assure you: the Dodger does care-"

Dewhurst continued: "The only reasons I can think of to continue with the meeting is to take payment, if she hasn't already, or to lure them into a trap."

"The transaction was conducted under the premise that Mister Faust would be present to control the product," said Tallemaja.

"Tallemaja knew them prior to this," said Dewhurst, "and this might be an opportunity for her to clear them from the board."

"It's dead, right?" Mikayla looked to Nicholas, who was crouched down, picking at the floor. "That's where Nicholas comes in. He can control it."

"The trouble is, Mikayla's powers are pretty destructive. If they start a fight here... people will be in danger and the temple could be burnt to cinders. We'll need to control the damage if that happens."

"Be that as it may," Tallemaja said, "I'm afraid we need to postpone the exchange until Mister Faust is present to receive his goods."

"If Tallemaja drops them quick enough," said Dewhurst, "we'll need to move."

Mikayla was already digging out her mobile phone. "He's not going to be happy about this," she grumbled.

"Tallemaja and Lacuna both can manipulate thoughts; Tallemaja and Elle both can become damn near anything they want. Engaging those two--even with Mira's help--is going to be risky."

"Please convey my sincerest apologies," Tallemaja said.

As Mikayla called Faust, Martin watched as three teenage girls approached the cluster of mages. With Mikayla moving out of Tallemaja's earshot, he couldn't make out what they were saying to her, but they were offering a camera to her.

Originally posted by Michuru81
        Sorry for the delay! It took a bit to knit that together in a way it would make sense!

Welcome back, flynn! Hope your trip was enjoyable!
        Armada Status

Comment

"Cease yer chatter a moment, T'was hard ta hear." Martina says in her/his Irish lilt. From downwind s/he could track their movements so didn't need to face them directly and could keep pretending to be interested in the architecture of the place, glancing their way occasionally. Martina filled in her/his companions "Talley was insisting to meet with C-man directly. It seems likely a trap meant fer him."

"Mik is calling him now. Given I suspect he's in Australia this deal's going south really quickly. I'll continue to monitor." Martina reports.

Comment

Imago

Imago found a place to sit down while the introductions began. "So apparently you've met Liz, leaving me. My real name's Dennis."

OOC
            Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
            Crinoverse - Avengers
            Extreme Unction

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
              HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex shrugs and continues to watch. There wasn't much to do or say at this point that they hadn't already covered.

And he wasn't interested in making Martin angry, he seemed a little touchy. Which Lex had to admit wasn't surprising considering that the reason they were here was saving Martin's little sister.

Comment

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO (Martin and Lex; NPCs: Dewhurst, Fraction, Mikayla, Nicholas, Tallemaja)
                Lex watched as three girls approached the woman Dewhurst claimed to be Tallemaja in disguise. Sure enough, she was talking with two mages. He recognized the one: Mikayla had been present the night Martin had asked Lex to accompany him to a clandestine meeting. The other was a new face, though. Still, it wasn't his face he was focused on, but one of the girls...

One of them had dusky skin and ebony hair. She was tall, easily a head taller than the other two. Beside her was a girl whose features marked her of Asian decent--though what country, Lex couldn't tell.

The other one--the one offering Tallemaja her phone--was blonde with pale skin. That was the one that troubled him. He couldn't put his finger on it, but there was something familiar about her... like he knew her from somewhere...

Originally posted by Michuru81
                DC 15 Intelligence check to recall her face.
                CAMP DAVID (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Drifter, Felsic, Incubus [DOA], Maze, Verve, Vestige)
                "I wish we were meeting under better circumstances," Maze said as she tested out Greystone's makeshift bandages. "So, your abilities... You create duplicates of yourself, armed with weapons?"
                Armada Status

Comment

Imago

"Um, you didn't miss the--" Imago paused. "Actually, you did, Incubus gutted you. And I think you were out past the whole story I laid out. Right." Dennis looked around, to make sure everyone and everyone was awake and paying attention.

"I'm gonna restart from the beginning." Which he did. And ended with... "...So I can create illusions, and see and hear through them."

OOC
                  Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                  Crinoverse - Avengers
                  Extreme Unction

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                    HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex idly watches as the girls approach "T" and indulges in a little "girl watching".
                    He was crazy for Kirstie, but he wasn't dead, after all. And a little look here and there didn't hurt anybody.

Or at least he believed that until his eyes wandered up to the blond's face.

"Oh #*@% all sorts of duck," Lex hisses through his teeth, "Yo, M, we got a problem."

"One of those girls, the blond one? I think her name is Tindra Jónsdóttir,"
                    He grimaces, " She was kidnapped by the Avalon Academy for Young Ladies. The ones who put a mind whammy on Kirstie and tried to walk her out the front door."

"And the Avalon Academy for Young Ladies was one of the bidders for the, uh, body."

He cricks his head to the left and then the right, with a loud popping noise coming from the bones, "I'm betting there here to 'change the seller's mind', and when that doesn't work..."

Int check vs DC 15 (1d20=20)
                    Nobody is more surprised than me.

Comment

Martina pursed her/his lips. This was going wrong on many levels. But this also presented an opportunity.

Martina walked quickly up to the 'old Chinese woman' that was his sister's body. He let his vocal chords relax into his usual voice. "Elizabeth Lamperouge' he says in an urgent whisper using her real name to shock her into listening. "Your mistress's deal is about to go pear-shaped." he nods to the disguised Tallemaja. "If you swear to release my sister Gabrielle immediately afterwards, I, and per'aps ze rest of my team will assist you and Tallemaja and escaping wiz your lives, and potentially your covers intact for 'er to try to trap Chuck anozer day."

"A limited time offer. Do we 'ave a Deal?"

Comment

The Blue Knight

Gwyn idly plucked his sunglasses from the neck of his shirt, placing them on his face with one hand, finger in the bridge.

"Lamp-eh, Lizzie. I need to talk to you. In private, ya? Won't take but a minute."

Jack could handle this too, but he was needed keping an eye on the injured. Gwyn might not hav eapproved of how he killed "Incubus" but he couldn't really argue that the man didn't deserve to live. He just didn't think Jack deserved with the weight of killing him.

He moved away from the others, cocking his head for Lamperouge to follow him.
                        [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Magnitude
                          Kasimir Flaegler
                          HP 1

Kas nodded at Herta's plan. "That would seem to be as good a plan as any. Later, when we haf more time, I will debate the non-lethal abilities uf Lexus und Armande with you, but there is no time now."

Turning to everyone else. "So we are agreed? Juozas und I will take point. The rest uf you will immobilize our opponent after the combat is in hand. Should the pair uf us be overwhelmed...do what you must to save as many lives as you can, but our fellow students und staff haf priority over the health und well being uf intruders, ja?"

Kas knew there were others at the academy who would scoff at his putting such trust in the Laputa Kids, over the last few months they'd all proven themselves deserving of his trust, just as he hoped he was deserving of theirs.

He was as ready as he could be.

Sorry I was gone for a day or so. A slight RL hiccup.

Comment

Violet Lear
                            HP: 6

Violet looked up from where she was kneeling by Astrid. "I'm Violet." Her mind drifted back to when the sweaty one had said she looked "like a young Violet." The thought disturbed her. "Are we getting out of here soon? This place doesn't feel safe."

Comment

Imago

"The military said it'd be a few minutes. Ironically, we're just outside Camp David, which just over a week ago would have probably been one of the safest places in the world."

OOC
                              Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                              Crinoverse - Avengers
                              Extreme Unction

Comment

CAMP DAVID (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Drifter, Felsic, Incubus [DOA], Maze, Verve, Vestige)
                                "Lamp-eh, Lizzie. I need to talk to you. In private, ya? Won't take but a minute."

"Sure," the girl said, moving to follow the Blue Knight off.

"If you swear to release my sister Gabrielle immediately afterwards, I, and per'aps ze rest of my team will assist you and Tallemaja and escaping wiz your lives, and potentially your covers intact for 'er to try to trap Chuck anozer day.

"A limited time offer. Do we 'ave a Deal?"

"I am afraid I can't agree to that," the woman said. "I am not Elizabeth Lamperouge, Martin."

NVAE (Magnitude; NPCs: Diamond Dust, Manticore, Rheid, Tantivy)
                                Everyone's eyes were on the west. Sixteen kilometers in that direction was the Embassy of Korea. Dong-suk would be coming from the west--they just hadn't expected him to come from above...

Dong-suk descended slowly from the sky. "He doesn't look aggressive," Tantivy said. It might have been an excuse for her to not attack: she knew her limitations and seemed agitated that her speed counted for nothing against an airborne opponent.

Hovering about six meters over the schoolyard, the Korean boy shouted out something in his native language. In no time, Magnitude was trying to relay what he'd said to Zlatkovski, in the hope that she could translate it. Without the comms picking up Dong-suk, they had to rely on Magnitude to reiterate what he'd said. "Something about captured boys surrendering?" the woman said. "I should get up there--I could do a better job if I was on the ground..."
                                Armada Status

Comment

Working...
                                X