Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
    HP: 4
    COND: Fatigued

"I thought that last part was understood."
    Imago jabbed a thumb at Ursa and Felsic. "I'm talking to them on this part. I know you understand it in the first place."

OOC
    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
    Crinoverse - Avengers
    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
    Crinoverse - Time After Time
    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
    Extreme Unction

Comment

CAMP DAVID (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Bile, Drifter, Felsic, Incubus [DOA], Maze, Pyre, Verve, Vestige [KO])
      "We'll tell you how to beat the ones who came with us, no sweat," Pyre said, "but we don't say a word about Argus until we're off this world, yeah? We need to have some sort of collateral, right? Make sure you don't just..." He rolled his eyes towards where Incubus lay.

"How's that? We have a deal? Important stuff now, and when we're sure we're safe... we'll give you everything you want to know?"

Greystone cast a look of suspicion on the pair. "And neither of you try to escape or double cross us. That kind of crap nullifies this deal." He glanced to the others to get their input. "If we agree to it."

"Wait... they just tried to kill us and now we're going to trust them?" Shiver shook her head slowly. "I mean, I don't know what the alternative is but that sounds like trouble."

"I don't trust them," Greystone said. "I never said anything about letting them running around free, they're only giving us information."

"Frankly," Imago said, "this goes against my instinct and better judgement. I might go along with your thing for the moment. Of course, if they double-cross us or play false, we're back to square one, or worse. So if they do... you can't complain if Jack goes neck snapping more, or I decide to see if I can wreck people's minds to death."

"I thought that last part was understood."

Imago jabbed a thumb at Ursa and Felsic. "I'm talking to them on this part. I know you understand it in the first place."

Felsic glared at Imago. "Vittuun, runkku," she grumbled before tapping the naked man's skull. "Sounds as though we have a deal. How do we beat your friends?"

"Light," Pyre said. "Nocti and Tenebrae transform into living darkness. In that form, they'll be invisible in the dark. They can also enter one shadow and come out another. They won't have physical forms, either, so you won't be able to hurt them with anything tangible. Light will hurt them more than anything, though. Still, they both have another power--one that only works if they first touch their shadow with yours. If Nocti's shadow touches yours, he can copy all of your powers; if Tenebrae's does..." He shook his head. "Her body will enter yours and she'll control your every movement.

"The thing is, they have to give off shadows to do this, and they can't do it if they are shadows, you follow me? If they want to try to use their unique power, they have to become flesh and blood to do it.

"They've got Eidolon and Brimstone with them. Brimstone will probably be protecting Eidolon. She's powerful, but she has some weaknesses. For starters, she can't implant her illusions in the minds of everyone--just one person at a time. That makes her pretty vulnerable to a group assault. That's why Brimstone will probably be defending her, unless one of the twins can get their hands on some powers to protect her. Brimstone's straight-forward. She's a Nephilim, like Dom, or Maurice, or Bruce, or... or you." He looked to the Blue Knight.

"Is that it?" Felsic asked.

"Yeah," said Pyre, "that's... that's about it."

"Our friend has an ability..." Felsic said. "She has a pocket dimension inside of her. She will breathe her flames onto you, and you'll both find your psyches inside a labyrinth. It is important that you stay right where you enter! If you try to solve the labyrinth, you could get lost in there forever, and we might never find you. While your minds are in her labyrinth, your real bodies will stay out here. I promise I will protect them with everything I have, but... if you don't want to end up spending the rest of your days in a coma, you'll stay put until she releases you.

"Is that understood?"

Pyre suddenly looked very nervous.

With Greystone helping her to her feet, Maze came forward and breathed her flames on the two surviving members of the Armada. Both vanished from sight.

"Where... where are their bodies?" asked the Drifter.

"I fibbed a bit," Felsic said. "If they solve the maze, they'd be back out in no time. I didn't think it would do for that to happen at the least opportune moment for us, so... hopefully this makes them their own wardens, as it were."

The Drifter looked at Maze's stomach and Verve's arm. "First thing's first, we should get the two of them some care..."

VIENNA (Magnitude; NPCs: Napoleon)
      <<"If you think it will help,">> the headmaster said. <<"If I might speak to you outside?">>

Outside Napoleon's cell, Newton was waiting there with Miss Zlatkovski and Diamond Dust. "Here's to hoping this works," Newton said. "In the meantime, we have another issue you need to know about..."

He looked to Diamond Dust, who wasted no time in briefing Magnitude. "I thought Buddy left with Lexus," he said apologetically. "He... He used the chaos, Kas. He shrank down and he hid away and... We took off and we left him back there. He's still in the damn embassy. He radioed in, telling us that the big guy is yelling something..."

"The comms don't pick up everything," Zlatkovski said, "but, like Juozas said, this man is yelling and Buddy's communicator is picking him up. The last thing I heard was him saying he's going to get his gear, and he's planning on coming here for France's assassin."

"The Vindicators are inbound--about thirty minutes out," Newton said. "If he's faster than their jet? Kasamir, with so many others off-world..."

Diamond Dust finished his sentence for him: "The Volunteers are the first and last line of defense."
      Armada Status

Comment

Magnitude
        Kasimir Flaegler
        HP 1

Kas slid his helmet on. "Und the hits just keep koming."

This was what he got for promising not to reveal the North Koreans abilities and agenda. Betrayal and lies. When would he learn?

"Tell the United Nation Sekurity not to engage the North Koreans..." Kas says to Sir Isaac. "...they are all Neo-Sapiens. We need to allow them into the kourtyard to keep the kombat kontained. If the gates into the kompound kan be klosed remotely, that would be safest."

"Lexus! Rheid! I need you!" Turning back toward the Headmaster, Kas asked; "Do you know where Tantivy is? Without Ellen or Buddy, the Volunteers are short-handed, so I kould use her aid."

If he stopped to think about it, the entire situation was almost amusing. More than half of the people he was depending upon to defend the school had at one point or another been antagonists themselves. He spent all his time trying to defeat the villains only to end up the person they looked to for leadership and they ended up being the people he turned to when heroism was needed.

The irony wasn't lost on him, even in an emergency.

Comment

Violet Lear
          HP: 6

Violet went back to Astrid. She choked when she saw the girl's arm but fought off the nausea. "We need to cover this. Preferably before she wakes up."

Comment

Greystone:
            [Jack Rexroth]

Jack listened as Pyre and Bile told the group about the powers of their allies, they sounded like a handful to say the least. Though bringing a powerful light source to the fight wouldn't be a problem for him, as he had a trick for that.

Once the captives were done Jack found himself trying to figure out what to do with them as he didn't want to leave them running around and didn't want to weaken the group by leaving someone behind to watch them. Luckily Felsic had apparently come up with an idea on how to handle it, and he had to admit that her small lie about how Maze's power worked was brilliant.

The Drifter looked at Maze's stomach and Verve's arm. "First thing's first, we should get the two of them some care..."
            Violet went back to Astrid. She choked when she saw the girl's arm but fought off the nausea. "We need to cover this. Preferably before she wakes up."
            "I might be able to help with that." Jack offered after walking over. "I can make some webbing we could use."

Comment

Violet Lear
              HP: 6

"Is that safe? I mean like, germs, you know?"
              Violet didn't know much about webs but she thought it was sort of like putting his bodily fluids on someone else. Which was icky at best but might be dangerous on an open wound.

Comment

Greystone:
                [Jack Rexroth]

Jack shrugged. "Not sure, but spiders can produce a non-sticky kind of webbing and I've used it before to seal up a bloody gut wound until Dr. Tally could tend to it. Figured it was better than trying to use anything from around here cause God only knows what kind of bacteria this world has that ours might not."

"Plus I can make it come from my finger instead of my mouth."
                He added.

Comment

The Blue Knight

When Ellen's flames disappeared, taking the men with them, Gwyn dropped his armor soundlessly. He was smiling a bit at Pirjo. "Proper clever, Felsic. Tidy. And good work, Maze." Gwyn winked, before looking to Jack.

"Webs don't come from spider's mouths, ddraig. A bit south, innit."

Then he regarded Imago. "So, four of them left. Best be quick about it. Ddraig and I can do light, so that'll be a snap. Now, how do we find em?"
                  [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Martina concentrated to listen through her/his stow-away ear.

Comment

NVAE (Magnitude; NPCs: Diamond Dust, Manticore, Rheid, Tantivy)
                      "Lexus! Rheid! I need you!" Turning back toward the Headmaster, Kas asked, "Do you know where Tantivy is? Without Ellen or Buddy, the Volunteers are short-handed, so I kould use her aid."

Newton's face soured. "She has to wear a tracker," the headmaster said. "I'll have her meet you topside."

Magnitude moved to go meet Dong-suk above ground, joining the rest of the Volunteers as he moved. On the surface, he found Tantivy waiting for him. "You had me paged, but not Kelly, so it's not a team building exercise." Tantivy sized the junior up. "We're under attack, aren't we?"

Before he could answer her, the girl asked, "What do you need me to do?"

CAMP DAVID (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Drifter, Felsic, Incubus [DOA], Maze, Verve, Vestige [KO])

Shiver nearly choked as she saw Verve's arm. "We need to cover this," she said as she suppressed the urge to vomit, "preferably before she wakes up."

"I might be able to help with that." Greystone approached the girls. "I can make some webbing we could use."

"Is that safe? I mean like, germs, you know?"

Greystone shrugged. "Not sure, but spiders can produce a non-sticky kind of webbing, and I've used it before to seal up a bloody gut wound until Doctor Tally could tend to it."

"But who knows how long it will be before we can get home," Maze said. "Hell, the last time this girl showed up, you were gone for a week."

"The last time?" the Drifter asked. "I've never seen you people before in my life!"

"Kas talked a little about it," Maze said. "He was too apologetic about leaving us for so long... Basically, you showed up and hijacked a few of our classmates..." She nodded to Greystone and the Blue Knight. "The two of them... The girl whose arm just melted off... Kas and Gaspar, too. You took 'em to some world where the nobility started to-"

The Drifter covered her ears. "Lalalala!" she shouted. "If I'm a time traveler, I shouldn't know too much about my own future, right?"

Maze rolled her eyes--an effect that went unnoticed, courtesy of the flames blazing in her sockets. "Point being, another version of you met some of us--did the same thing. Bloody inconvenient, you are."

"Guys," Felsic said, "can we maybe focus on catching up later? For now, Astrid and Ellen need medical attention-"

"I'm fine," Maze growled.

"You're holding your stomach together," Felsic argued. "You need something more than strips of kevlar to stop the bleeding. You need..." She sighed. "You need something more than Jack's potentially bacteria-ridden web-spit."

"Figured it was better than trying to use anything from around here," Greystone said, "cause God only knows what kind of bacteria this world has that ours might not. Plus I can make it come from my finger instead of my mouth."

"Webs don't come from spider's mouths, ddraig," quipped the Blue Knight. "A bit south, innit."

Felsic looked to Imago. "Did you and your friends have an exit strategy?"

MOUNT PUTUO (Martin and Lex; NPCs: Dewhurst, Fraction, Mikayla, Nicholas, Tallemaja)
                      "I think I see Tallemaja," he said. "It looks like the telepath we have back in Row 64--the one holding this auction..."

"Huh, really?" Lex looked to Dewhurst. "I was pretty sure you were Tallemaja."

"I trust you received the-"

"You thought I... Actually, that's pretty-"

"-funds? How are we-"

"-smart. I can see how-"

"-going to proceed?"

"-you'd think that."

It was hard to focus: the mages' conversation was muffled as it was, given that he was hearing them through Mikayla's coat; having Lex and Dewhurst chatter in his other ear was just distracting.

Originally posted by Michuru81
                      Unless Martin wants to turn off the communicator, it'll be a DC 12 Concentration check to really listen in on the other check. Base of 10, +2 for the coat pocket, in case anyone wonders why I went with such a random number as 12.
                      Last edited by Michuru81; 08-31-2015, 08:07 AM. Reason: I'm not a very smart man...
                      Armada Status

Comment

Imago
                        COND: Fatigued

Imago was already talking into a communicator of some kind, and holding a conversation with someone on the other end. "...on my location. It went to hell. Long story - but they're friendlies and some need medical attention. Can you do it or not?"

OOC
                        Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                        Crinoverse - Avengers
                        Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                        Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                        Crinoverse - Time After Time
                        Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                        Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                        Extreme Unction

Comment

CAMP DAVID (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Drifter, Felsic, Incubus [DOA], Maze, Verve, Vestige [KO])
                          "Copy that, Imago," said Lieutenant Heaton, "we'll have a transport wheels up as soon as we can."
                          Armada Status

Comment

Magnitude
                            Kasimir Flaegler
                            HP 1

Kas nodded at Herta's assessment of the situation.

"Ja, we haf an assault that is imminent from an undetermined number uf neo-sapiens. It kould be a single opponent. It kould be as many as five. They are out to avenge themselves for an attack that was a mistake by a neo-sapien who got drawn into our dimension from elsewhere."

"I will explain when time permits."

"Anyway, we must stop this assault, here on skool grounds with no fatalities und no serious unjury if possible. For this, I must rely on assistance I trust to fight effektively and remain komposed enough to meet the strikt konstraints uf this effort. That means Juozas, Lexus, Rheid und you."

"Und before you ask...nein, I haf no idea what the powers uf the approaching assailant are. Konsider it an extra challenge. Are you up for it?"

Comment

NVAE (Magnitude; NPCs: Diamond Dust, Manticore, Rheid, Tantivy)
                              "Konsider it an extra challenge. Are you up for it?"

"Am I up for it?" Tantivy scoffed, smirking at him. "I'm almost insulted you had to ask...

"No fatalities or serious injuries means Diamond Dust and you. No offense to Manticore or Rheid, but their powers don't really allow for that. Rheid, however... Unless we're talking about a super-strong opponent, or someone capable of altering their tangibility, Rheid might be able to pin them. The trouble is, Rheid and Diamond Dust can only effect a single target at a time. If we are up against a group, we're going to need to keep Magnitude in the game." She looked to Manticore. "That's where we come in. Anyone comes at him, we stop it." She glanced worriedly at Magnitude. "I mean... unless you had something else in mind. My father drilled tactics into me, but I'm not at Erudite or Prodigy's level.

"I mean, I'm smart, sure, but I'm no Lamperouge..."
                              Armada Status

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
                                HP: 5 -> 4
                                Cnd: 2 x Bruised

Otso worked wordlessly to revive Beatrice. He didn't like this, any of this, and he didn't look forward to trying to tell the UN their method of incarcerating dangerous individuals was actually feeding an invading army. Pandora, from what very little he understood, had seemed like a solution too good to be true. Out of sight, out of mind and without any need for inconvenient moral quandaries or logistical challenges. Still, like it or not, this was the course they were stuck on and he had to go along with it. Didn't mean he'd speak up to voice his enthusiasm about it.

Medicine: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21 to wake Beatrice. Burn a HP to get rid of Fatigue.
                                Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Working...
                                X