Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Imago
    HP: 4
    COND: Fatigued

"The thing is..." She looked at Imago. "I'm sorry, we don't even know your name. I'm Felsic, by the way."
    "Imago."

Once she had his, she continued. "The thing is, Imago... you just said it yourself. Three Vindicators were captured and you don't know where they are... but these guys do. Good thing you didn't just kill the both of them like you wanted to, huh?"
    "Probably on the ship, but even after interrogating them, we're back to the same old issue."

"Kill?" Bile asked. "You don't have the-"

"Your friend with the wings is dead," Felsic growled. "We're pretty deadlocked on whether or not you should join him, so... you might want to avoid making any more enemies here."
    Imago walked and coldly pushed off Incubus' corpse with his foot for their viewing edification. "There. And even if they didn't, I would."

Gwyn held his claymore out in front of him, gazing at it. He saw nothing but blue, ephemeral. It wouldn't even be visible if it was dark, it shed no light, told him nothing. As usual since Paladin disappeared, he was out of his depth.

He looked at the boy from this world. "Eidolon does illusions, kay. What about the other three?"
    "As the Latin hints, the twins do shadows and darkness. Brimstone... she's like a demonic scrapper. In the name and all. Not really much depth to these bastards. But since you did remind me, Felsic. Are you two going to be compliant little boys and answer the question of where my captured teammates are?"

OOC
    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
    Crinoverse - Avengers
    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
    Crinoverse - Time After Time
    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
    Extreme Unction

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
      Cnd: 2 x Bruised, Fatigued

The mention of Moksha evoked a sigh from Otso. Was that dream doomed to die no matter the world? "Look, Imago, I appreciate you taking the time to tell us what's going on and I am sorry about..." The worlds "your world" seemed insufficient.

"...everything that's happened here. Like I said, I'm not arguing the fact that these guys are scum, based on what I've seen. But him?" He gestured to Incubus. "He seemed like Shiver's ice would've been sufficient to hold him, unlike fire-guy over there. This just feels like you and Greystone are gonna axe 'em all at the end of the day anyway."

He shed his transformation and knelt down to tend to Beatrice, a gentle hand caressing her cheek as the other checked her pulse. "I was raised to save lives, not take them. And before you lose your temper, I'm not talking about pulling punches in a fight where lives are on the line, I've been in too many of those. I'm talking about what comes after."
      Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

CAMP DAVID (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Bile, Drifter, Felsic, Incubus [DOA], Maze, Pyre, Verve, Vestige [KO])
        "The Aurelius and his protege are dead. His mom, Warder, Bulwark--they're immortal Aesir, but they've been dragged off to unmentionable somewheres. Which means now there are no authorities that can handle these monsters. We're it. These three nearly killed half our new bunch, there are four more waiting. So, if somehow there's a worthwhile idea that can deal with them well and good without killing them, I'll consider it. But if you don't have any: I'm not going to risk my life, Liz's or this planet on fucking hangups."

"Eidolon does illusions, 'kay." The Blue Knight gazed into his claymore thoughtfully. "What about the other three?"

"As the Latin hints, the twins do shadows and darkness. Brimstone... she's like a demonic scrapper. In the name and all. Not really much depth to these bastards."

A groan left Bile's lips as he started to regain consciousness. Greystone's eyes darted to the downed opponent then towards the other who seemed to still be out of it. Maybe Otso squeezed him a little to hard?

"Shiver, load those other two jackasses down in so much ice they can't move. Just make sure to leave their heads open."

"I- right." Violet reached forward and sent a stream of ice over Bile, covering him in a layer a couple of inches, but doing as Greystone commanded.

"The other one will probably eat through that ice as soon as he wakes up," Felsic said, moving to Pyre's side. "In my magma form, there's no much he'll be able to do to me. He he so much as makes a spark, I'll change forms and hold him down.

"The thing is..." She looked at Imago. "I'm sorry, we don't even know your name. I'm Felsic, by the way."

"Imago."

"The thing is, Imago... you just said it yourself. Three Vindicators were captured and you don't know where they are... but these guys do. Good thing you didn't just kill the both of them like you wanted to, huh?"

"Probably on the ship, but even after interrogating them, we're back to the same old issue."

"Kill?" Bile asked. "You don't have the-"

Imago walked and coldly pushed off Incubus' corpse with his foot for their viewing edification. "There. And even if they didn't, I would."

"Your friend with the wings is dead," Felsic growled. "We're pretty deadlocked on whether or not you should join him, so... you might want to avoid making any more enemies here."

Imago glared at the captured teen. "Are you two going to be compliant little boys and answer the question of where my captured teammates are?"

Bile's eyes were locked on Incubus' corpse. "Stone the flamin' crows..." he muttered.

"Hey!" Felsic shouted to him as his teammate started to wake up. "Focus! Help us out and... and I won't let them kill you! We can just... we... Pandora!" She looked to Imago. "Does your world have a Pandora we can put them in?"

Uneasy chuckling came from Pyre then, hindered by the bruises Ursa had given him. "No world has a Pandora, you ditz..."

Felsic lightly put her arm over his throat. "I turn into living magma," she said. "The second you decide to get hot, I will get hotter and heavier. I'll crush you. Do you understand?"

When Pyre indicated that he comprehended her threat, she continued: "What do you mean no world has a Pandora? Ours does."

"No, it doesn't," Pyre said. "Maybe a door there. Which ones did you send over?"

"Which... you're not making any sense?"

"You think Pandora is a building, don't you?" Pyre asked. "We did, too, back when they first sentenced us. Pandora isn't in any dimension because it is a dimension. According to Argus, it was a world where sentient life never came about. A federation of bloody universes bought his sales pitch and started exiling their most dangerous criminals there. Bile and I? We were part of the same gang--Paragon, Trauma, and Charybdis were all friends at the New Vindicators Academy. We ran a couple of jobs, got caught, and bucked off to this peaceful little dimension. That's where we met Old Man Sergiu and the others--Chen Lei, Maurice, Creeper, Confectionery... Everyone in the Armada's from different worlds, you see, but we all got sent to the same Pandora."

Last edited by Michuru81; 28th August 2015, 06:23 AM.
        Armada Status

Comment

The Blue Knight

Something rang a bell. There were a lot of names, some he recognized, some he didn't.

"What?"

Paragon, sure, he knew em. Charybidis, Trauma, they'd gone to the school before, he thought. "How can so many different worlds access one dimension?"

Something else, something he was missing. Maurice...that was a French name, innit? Confectionary, she was one of the Laputa folks.

"And how can your ships even travel across dimensions, anyhow?"

Gwyn spared a glance at Lamperouge-she'd be no help, this seemed to be one of her earlier goes, maybe even her first. Still, she was better than her counterpart from Gwyn's world, from what he'd heard.

Then it clicked, the name he'd heard before, but not on his world.

"Wait, did you say...Chen Lei?"
          [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

CAMP DAVID (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Bile, Drifter, Felsic, Incubus [DOA], Maze, Pyre, Verve, Vestige [KO])
            "And how can your ships even travel across dimensions, anyhow?"

"Well, the Elpis has to-"

"Wait, did you say... Chen Lei?"

Pyre nodded. "Yeah, Admiral Chen Lei--scary guy. When we first arrived on Pandora, he started barking orders... Dom didn't like that. He took a swing at him. Chen Lei ducked the punch and that made this weird black spike shoot out of the ground--went clear through Dom. Only reason he didn't die is that magic man healed him. Dom didn't want to... Well, we left, you see? Took off on our own--lots of people did. Chubasco, well... He helped us. We made a clan, I guess--New Madrid--but Maurice showed up, right? Said that this Argus guy came to them and had this ship... Looks like a bloody aircraft carrier, it does. It's the Elpis, the flagship of the Armada. It's what lets us move through time and space, only... well, to power the jumps, we have to... it... There's this energy, you see? Stow... Stow-something. It's inside all living things, but the only way to... well, we..."

"We have to kill every living thing on the planet," Bile said. "The Elpis houses these smaller ships--mining ships, you see? When it arrives, they launch, and crews go about setting up these things--look like big, funny forks. They put them in the ground, and it establishes a connection. It starts sucking all of the energy out of a planet--fuels the Elpis' next shift. When it leaves a dimension, it pulls the energy out of every living thing on the planet.

"Nothing survives.

"Most of us just wanted to get home, you see? But if the Elpis gets there... if it leaves, there won't be a home left. It all felt so hopeless, and then the scouting ships--that's the other thing! The Elpis has a bunch of different ships, right? Corvettes, frigates, mining ships, scouting ships... Scouting ships..." Bile whistled. "I didn't used to believe in aliens, but... I guess Argus, he... he enslaved this race of creatures. There's some world out there where these creatures lived, or something. They're creepy little buggers. Short with big heads and black eyes and their grey, rubbery skin... They're aliens! They exist! They have these flying saucers they use for quick, short-term jumps. They can use some of the Elpis' energy to jump to a random universe, gather information, and jump back to give us the info.

"Akkorokamui was working navigation and he came across it: two worlds without heroes. Nocti and Tenebrae said he owed them, or somethin'... He gave them the location of this one, while he took a crew to the other. Nocti and Tenebrae, though... They're not... Their powers aren't really... They're only as strong as the people around them. Even without resistance, their powers aren't enough to conquer a whole planet on their own. They grabbed a team. Me and Pyre, Incubus over there, Eidolon, and Brimstone. They hijacked a Corvette-class ship and jumped here.

"Look, we... we know things--Pyre and me. We'll help you. We'll tell you whatever you need to know, just... Just don't kill us, okay?"
            Armada Status

Comment

Violet Lear
              HP: 5->6

Violet stood aghast as the two criminals told their story. If what they said was true, every criminal sent to Pandora made this Armada stronger. "But why? What's the point of all that? Why destroy worlds just to get enough energy to go to the next one?"

Comment

Magnitude
                Kasimir Flaegler
                HP 1

Without inviting Sir Newton in quite yet, just in case the young prince was feeling frisky, Kas made introductions, though he spoke in French so the academies'...guest would understand.

<<"Headmaster Sir Isaac Newton, I would like to introduce you to Prince Napoleon Bonaparte uf House Bonaparte uf the French empire. Sir, the Prince hails from a dimension which sounds very much like that uf my former betrothed, the Krown Princess Sophie of Austria. I kannot tell you how he ended up here, but given the issue with the jetliner Blue Knight, Vestige and I investigated earlier, I have a very frightening feeling that the barriers between dimensions are beginning to develop...cracks. Anyway, his Grace, the Prince seems unwilling to believe that I haf not abdukted him for nefarious reasons and I find mein own diplomatik skills lacking.">> Which was embarrassing really. Kas momentarily wondered if Martin or Otso found themselves in this position. As far as he could determine, they were two other students most likely to attempt diplomacy in any given situation as opposed to just beating things up.

<<"So despite preferring to haf reached an akkord before introducing Prince Napoleon to you, I am afraid I need your assistance in order to help his lordship.">>

Ugh. And if Newton thought this situation was evidence of Kas being a dunderhead, wait until Kas had to try to explain why the school couldn't send any more students to the North Korean Embassy while trying not to reveal their duplicity.

Why did he make that promise? One day his instinct to save people from embarrassment was going to cause more problems than it prevented.

Comment

"But why?" asked Shiver. "What's the point of all that? Why destroy worlds just to get enough energy to go to the next one?"

"For starters," said Pyre, "Pandora wasn't exactly a utopia. Everyone there was a criminal. Everyone. No intelligent life had ever been there before us. We had to fend for ourselves. Make our own shelter, hunt and clean our own food..."

"It was some real Lord of the Flies type shit," Bile growled.

"We probably deserved it," Pyre said. "I mean, okay... we deserved prison. M'mates and I ran amok--just usin' our powers to take what we wanted. We weren't none of us violent offenders, though--not yet. They put us in that world with nutters! This German bloke--he just... He makes these swords, right? Conjures 'em out of the air and gives 'em life, right? He's bloody insane! Lives to carve up people. We get there and there's three of him. Three.

"People like him? They go along with it all because they're loony--just want to watch the world burn... Jordan and myself? Our mates? Well, we just wanted to find something better."

"Let's of folks rebelled," Bile said. "There was this married couple, right? Dale and... Tammy, I think? They tried to lead a rebellion. They saw what was goin' on and got worried that we might end up in their home world--said they had kids back there. They tried to take the Armada down. The woman, she wasn't as dangerous as her old man. She was super-smart, but he was this... great... bloody dragon, or something. He got left behind on this one dimension and she was put in the brig. That was... wow, that was months ago."

VIENNA (Magnitude; NPCs: Napoleon)
                  <<"Headmaster Sir Isaac Newton, I would like to introduce you to Prince Napoleon Bonaparte uf House Bonaparte uf the French empire. Sir, the Prince hails from a dimension which sounds very much like that uf my former betrothed, the Krown Princess Sophie of Austria.">>

Napoleon started laughing. <<"You're engaged to the Crown Princess of Austria? She's, what, like... two?">>

<<"I kannot tell you how he ended up here, but given the issue with the jetliner Blue Knight, Vestige and I investigated earlier, I have a very frightening feeling that the barriers between dimensions are beginning to develop... cracks. Anyway, his Grace, the Prince seems unwilling to believe that I haf not abdukted him for nefarious reasons and I find mein own diplomatik skills lacking.

<<"So despite preferring to haf reached an akkord before introducing Prince Napoleon to you, I am afraid I need your assistance in order to help his lordship.">>

<<"What can I do?">> Newton asked.
                  Last edited by Michuru81; 28th August 2015, 10:43 AM.
                  Armada Status

Comment

The Blue Knight

Gwyn looked to Jack at this mention of worlds being destroyed. "We've seen that, ya?" Six Three Nine.

"If Argos just wanted to rule a world as a king, he could. Proper army already, come in, enlist the crooks, kill the heroes. Simple enough, innit. If he's purposefully destroying worlds, just to keep going, yet also using scouts...he doesn't just want to destroy. He's looking for something."

He looked to the captives again. "Tell me everything yew know about Argus. And the rest of youer crew-what's the quickest way to beat em? Cause if we think we might lose....well, ddraig might decide to take as many with em as he can-and he'll have yew."
                    [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

"We'll tell you how to beat the ones who came with us, no sweat," Pyre said, "but we don't say a word about Argus until we're off this world, yeah? We need to have some sort of collateral, right? Make sure you don't just..." He rolled his eyes towards where Incubus lay.

"How's that? We have a deal? Important stuff now, and when we're sure we're safe... we'll give you everything you want to know?"
                      Armada Status

Comment

Greystone:
                        [Jack Rexroth]

Jack listened as the other Bradley started giving them some information on what they were dealing with but his mention of the Armada awakened a recent memory held in the American's head.

"Herta! Don't listen to him! He's a liar! He'll always be a liar!"

"You have to believe me!" Radu cried. "Your mother gave her life to warn us about the coming of the Armada-"

"Shut your pie hole!" Candyman's elastic punch connected with his father's jaw and dropped the man into unconsciousness.

"Father?" Tantivy stumbled forward, groping the air to reach him.
                        Damn, guess old Radu was finally telling some truth. He thought with a frown. Guess that explains why the older man had been training Neos to be so militant, they'd need an army to deal with the Armada, especially if what they were being told right now was true.

As the two continued to explain how they'd gathered a lot of little things clicked in Jack's mind - basically a crap ton of dimensions had managed to find Pandora and were dumping violent Neos there to protect their worlds from them. Unfortunately nobody has been keeping tabs on the inmates so they've managed to find a way out on their own.

Apparently Gwyn had caught the same things that Jack had.

Gwyn looked to Jack at this mention of worlds being destroyed. "We've seen that, ya?" Six Three Nine.
                        Jack nodded his head. "Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If the Armada is responsible for that, and nine outta ten times I'm willing to bet they are, then we've got a serious problem brewing. They've already had scouts in our dimension, Vlad's militant step-dad ran across them a while ago and he took their threat serious. We should too then."

He looked to the captives again. "Tell me everything yew know about Argus. And the rest of youer crew-what's the quickest way to beat em? Cause if we think we might lose....well, ddraig might decide to take as many with em as he can-and he'll have yew."
                        "We'll tell you how to beat the ones who came with us, no sweat," Pyre said, "but we don't say a word about Argus until we're off this world, yeah? We need to have some sort of collateral, right? Make sure you don't just..." He rolled his eyes towards where Incubus lay.

"How's that? We have a deal? Important stuff now, and when we're sure we're safe... we'll give you everything you want to know?"
                        Jack leveled his gaze on the two captives. "And neither of you try to escape or double cross us. That kind of crap nullifies this deal." He glanced to the others to get their input. "If we agree to it."

Comment

Imago
                          COND: Fatigued

"And my near-non-existent faith in government is once again viciously purged." Imago remarked with snide distaste. He didn't recognize those names, but Liz's odd friends did - and the gist was clear. Which, while seemingly good, still left one aspect of the problem. "Sure, though. You were not so bad boys then, and just went here killing Prime Minister Travis, and President Scipio of Italy... oh, and burning me to a crisp. Yes. Lovely."

Finally, Imago gave the others a look, so he could articulate his concerns. "Frankly, this goes against my instinct and better judgement. I might go along with your thing for the moment --- of course, IF they double-cross us or play false, we're back to square one, or worse. So IF they do... you can't complain if Jack goes neck snapping more or I decide to see if I can wreck people's minds to death."

OOC
                          Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                          Crinoverse - Avengers
                          Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                          Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                          Crinoverse - Time After Time
                          Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                          Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                          Extreme Unction

Comment

Violet Lear
                            HP: 6

"Wait... they just tried to kill us and now we're going to trust them?"
                            Violet shook her head slowly. "I mean, I don't know what the alternative is but that sounds like trouble."

Comment

Greystone:
                              [Jack Rexroth]

"Wait... they just tried to kill us and now we're going to trust them?" Violet shook her head slowly. "I mean, I don't know what the alternative is but that sounds like trouble."
                              "I don't trust them. I never said anything about letting them running around free, they're only giving us information."

"Frankly, this goes against my instinct and better judgement. I might go along with your thing for the moment --- of course, IF they double-cross us or play false, we're back to square one, or worse. So IF they do... you can't complain if Jack goes neck snapping more or I decide to see if I can wreck people's minds to death."
                              "I thought that last part was understood."

Comment

Magnitude
                                Kasimir Flaegler
                                HP 1

Kas let out his breath slowly. What could Newton do? More than he could, that's for certain. He went from planning on spending a day playing tour guide, to breaking up an impromptu donneybrooke between a dimension tossed royal and a Vietnamese Neo-Sapien, to trying to convince said dimension tossed royal that he was indeed both lost and safe.

Today sucked. It sucked worse than normal levels of suck, because it went from the possibility of pleasant company to...this.

<<"I don't know. You kould attempt to konvince Messieur Bonaparte that he is safe, but it would be unwise to take any unauthorized field trips until he is a bit more familiar with this dimension. Otherwise, in order to show him the world, I will be forced to keep him on a leash with a fire extinguisher klose at hand...und that would certainly make me seem like a bad host.">>

<<"Or perhaps you kould turn on CNN France in here und we kould watch television...well HE kould...und as soon as he has absorbed a bit uf the world at arms length, we kan get to the business uf trying to find a way home for him.">>

Kas knew that was the wrong tone to take with the Headmaster, after all Sir Isaac wasn't to blame, but today sucked and it was beginning to fray his patience. Ji-won had been duplicitous, but she was friendly and smelled nice. Napoleon was not duplicitous, but he was neither particularly friendly or sweet smelling.

Comment

Working...
                                X