Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

CAMP DAVID (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Bile, Drifter, Felsic, Incubus, Maze, Pyre, Verve, Vestige)
    "No!" snapped Felsic. "No one else dies!"

She looked from Imago to Greystone. "You do this, and he's right: you are just like your father. He murdered Alina, and you're... You're supposed to be better than this!"
    Armada Status

Comment

Imago
      HP: 4
      COND: Fatigued

"Oh for the bloody-" Imago snarled, clearly loosing any semblance of patience. "You want to pretend you know what's 'right' when you have no idea what's going on, or how you're going to deal with them otherwise - or... you know, their other four buddies? Are you all going to play patron saint of luxuries that don't exist?"

OOC
      Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
      Crinoverse - Avengers
      Crinoverse - Young Avengers
      Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
      Crinoverse - Time After Time
      Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
      Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
      Extreme Unction

Comment

CAMP DAVID (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Bile, Drifter, Felsic, Incubus, Maze, Pyre, Verve, Vestige)
        "He's right," Felsic snapped, "we don't know the whole story! The other two are young--just a bit older than Harry and I! What if it's like with Laputa? What if they're just like I was? If you could go back, would you have killed me, too, Jack? Huh!?!"
        Armada Status

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
          Cnd: 2 x Bruised, Fatigued

Otso rounded on Imago in a heartbeat. "No, she didn't tell us that she was getting us into a turf-war between sociopaths who think nothing of excecuting the other guy after the dust had settled. She just appeared in our midst and whisked us into the middle of a battlefield. If some of us hadn't encountered her before..." Otso trailed off mid-sentence, exasperated.

Instead, he turned his focus to Jack. "Come on Jack. I stuck by you and Vlad, are you gonna just throw everything away? You gonna go back home and tell Lex he was right all along about everything? All on one word from this guy who we don't know from Adam, who hasn't told us anything about what's going on here? You know what Herta did and I f"#¤% go to school with her! Self-defense is one thing, but this?"
          Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Imago

"Would you like me to explain it to you, or would you rather go on denouncing us?"

OOC
            Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
            Crinoverse - Avengers
            Extreme Unction

Comment

"Explain away," Felsic said firmly, "but no one else is dying."
              Armada Status

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
                Cnd: 2 x Bruised, Fatigued

Otso eased up a bit. "I'm not saying I like the look of these guys but I don't consider 'why?' too much to ask. But if you're not going to go all Red Queen and scream "Off with their heads", I'm willing to listen. I will be tending to our wounded while I do that, though."
                Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Greystone:
                  [Jack Rexroth]
                  HP: 3

The loud crack that accompanied Incubus' death seemed to drown even the sound of the wall of fire moving through the forest. It caused Felsic to look up from Maze in time to see Incubus' fall. "Mitä helvettiä!?!" she exclaimed. "What are... You're... You..."

Felsic scrambled to her feet and stood in the path between Greystone and the other villains. She had no words. She just started frantically shaking her head.
                  Jack didn't answer back as he looked down at Incubus, a frown on his lips and his own head shaking slightly.

Otso looked up from Ellen's unconscious body just in time to see his classmate cross a line. "Whoa Jack, what the hell!?" He leapt to his feet, wincing as he moved faster than he maybe ought to, given his burns.

None the less, he moved briskly to the American teen's side. "Since when did we become judge, jury and executioner? Scratch that, since when did we become coldblooded murderers?" Otso turned his gaze around the group, searching for support from among his peers.
                  Jack looked over to Otso. "Since these three were trying to do the same to us - none of them had any trouble trying to gut us, incinerate us or melt us with their bodily fluids while they laughed about casually murdering us simply because the Drifter had brought us here."

"They'd have done the same to us. Look at Maze! At Vestige! At Verve! Look at the Drifter! Those three bastards enjoyed doing it! They talked about being in other dimensions, and how others didn't measure up to them, what do you think they did to those people?!"

A throat clearing sound occurred. Imago brushed himself off and stepped forward. "Look, I'm not someone who thinks of killing as a regular resort..." But there was a grim look on his face. "Jack, was it? Keep doing what you were doing, to all three of them. Because this isn't a little cut and dried, black and white, judge and jury thing, or cold blood. Did Liz even tell you the basics of what's going on here?"

She looked from Imago to Greystone. "You do this, and he's right: you are just like your father. He murdered Alina, and you're... You're supposed to be better than this!"
                  Jack shifted his gaze from Otso to the smaller teen, shaking his head. "No she didn't. All our warning was her showing up, a bit of confusion because she didn't remember us while we did her, then we were here in the middle of this fuster cluck."

Then he looked sideways at Felsic. "I'm not going to expect you to understand my line of thought but now isn't the time to debate it. I don't plan on killing either one of them, unless they force the issue."

"Oh for the bloody-" Imago snarled, clearly loosing any semblance of patience. "You want to pretend you know what's 'right' when you have no idea what's going on, or how you're going to deal with them otherwise - or... you know, their other four buddies? Are you all going to play patron saint of luxuries that don't exist?"
                  "He's right," Felsic snapped, "we don't know the whole story! The other two are young--just a bit older than Harry and I! What if it's like with Laputa? What if they're just like I was? If you could go back, would you have killed me, too, Jack? Huh!?!"
                  "Do you really want me to answer that?" Jack said calmly.

Otso rounded on Imago in a heartbeat. "No, she didn't tell us that she was getting us into a turf-war between sociopaths who think nothing of excecuting the other guy after the dust had settled. She just appeared in our midst and whisked us into the middle of a battlefield. If some of us hadn't encountered her before..." Otso trailed off mid-sentence, exasperated.

Instead, he turned his focus to Jack. "Come on Jack. I stuck by you and Vlad, are you gonna just throw everything away? You gonna go back home and tell Lex he was right all along about everything? All on one word from this guy who we don't know from Adam, who hasn't told us anything about what's going on here? You know what Herta did and I f"#¤% go to school with her! Self-defense is one thing, but this?"
                  Jack points to the body of Incubus. "Do you seriously think that he'd not try to kill us the minute he woke up and got a chance?! He'd do it in a heartbeat. Yeah the other two are way younger than him, that's why I've not done anything to either of them. They can answer questions and by letting them see we're just as serious as they are, we're likely to get straight answers from them."

"I'll walk right into the Headmaster's office and tell him what I did here once we're back home. I'm willing to take whatever punishment he deems necessary." Jack looks Otso in the eye. "But I won't stand here and debate the fact that piece of shit was going to kill most of us and torture the rest, for little else besides his own enjoyment. He said as much while we fought him and I didn't see any other choice."

"Would you like me to explain it to you, or would you rather go on denouncing us?"
                  "Like I said: I don't plan on killing anyone else, unless I have to."

Comment

A groan left Bile's lips as he started to regain consciousness. Not far from him, Verve's eyes were fluttering open as the Drifter began to pick herself up off the ground.

Armada Status

Comment

Greystone:
                      [Jack Rexroth]
                      HP: 3

A groan left Bile's lips as he started to regain consciousness. Not far from him, Verve's eyes were fluttering open as the Drifter began to pick herself up off the ground.
                      Jack's eyes darted to the downed opponent then towards the other who seemed to still be out of it. Maybe Otso squeezed him a little to hard?

"Shiver, load those other two jackasses down in so much ice they can't move. Just make sure to leave their heads open."

Comment

Imago

Imago turned, seeing Liz get up slowly, and much more tenderly, came over and helped her into a sitting position. Finally, he turned to regard the teens around.

"Right. Our story begins with Moksha. According to Liz, where she came from it ended with nukes raining down on the place. Rotten, but still better than what the international association of idiots in office did here. They went to the Aurelius. And apparently, all they could think of was 'super-magical sterilize everything.' Every Neo was turned sterile. Somehow, said bureaucrats did not consider how Neos worldwide would take a little thing like effective genocide. So, we got a race war after all. Messed up the world, but no more Neos. Now move ahead to today.

Several days ago, we get one big-ass sci-fi ship in the sky. And turns out, it's called the Kurbash and run by extra-dimensional SPB psychopaths. Our threesome here, the captain twins, Nocti and Tenebrae, Brimstone and Eidolon. They fucked up the Vindies hard, and pretty took over the world, given that there wasn't anyone who could stop them. Regular executions of world leaders and all that jazz. Then the Vindicators come to me - given I'm pretty much the only one who could handle Eidolon's illusions. Also, Liz shows up. And about an hour ago, we went to Camp David over thisaway, to rescue the President. Except the trap.

The Aurelius and his protege are dead. His mom, Warder, Bulwark, they're immortal Aesir, but they've been dragged off to unmentionable somewheres. Which means now. There are no authorities that can handle these monsters. We're it. These three nearly killed half our new bunch, there are four more waiting. So, if somehow there's a worthwhile idea that can deal with them well and good without killing them, I'll consider it. But if you don't have any: I'm not going to risk my life, Liz's or this planet on fucking hangups."

OOC
                        Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                        Crinoverse - Avengers
                        Extreme Unction

Comment

Magnitude
                          Kasimir Flaegler
                          HP 1

Kas fought back the urge to sigh, and simplified his point. <<"The earth you are on is not the earth you know. I am not insane and I can prove it, but I need you to maintain a certain degree of decorum before I can risk allowing you out of here.">>

He shrugs. <<"Perhaps it would be best if we simply waited until the Academy Headmaster und Headmistress arrive. Sir Isaac and Dr. Fischer have more experience dealing with this sort uf problem than I do.">>

Still, not wishing the other teen to feel abandoned, Kas didn't leave the room. Perhaps young Napoleon would start to get curious about his situation and begin asking questions. Kas would gladly answer anything he could and felt a degree of responsibility for the lost youths well-being.

Comment

Violet Lear
                            HP: 5

Violet had rushed to see if her fallen classmates were OK when she heard a sickening crack. "What was- oh my god!" Not that she felt much sympathy for the monsters had attacked them. It was more just the suddenness of it and how awful it looked. She reconciled it by thinking they were just alternates of the "real" world. It's not really real. Another dimension.

"Shiver, load those other two jackasses down in so much ice they can't move. Just make sure to leave their heads open."
                            "I- right." Violet reached forward and sent a stream of ice over one and then the other, covering each of them in a layer a couple of inches thick and leaving their heads free.

Comment

CAMP DAVID (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Bile, Drifter, Felsic, Incubus [DOA], Maze [KO], Pyre [KO], Verve, Vestige [KO])
                              The loud crack that accompanied Incubus' death seemed to drown even the sound of the wall of fire moving through the forest. It caused Felsic to look up from Maze in time to see Incubus' fall. "Mitä helvettiä!?!" she exclaimed. "What are... You're... You..."

"Whoa Jack, what the hell!?" Ursa leapt to his feet, wincing as he moved faster than he maybe ought to, given his burns. Nonetheless, he moved briskly to the American's side. Likewise, Felsic scrambled to her feet and stood in the path between Greystone and the other villains. She had no words. She just started frantically shaking her head.

Greystone didn't answer either of them. He merely looked down at Incubus, a frown on his lips and his own head shaking slightly.

"What was..." Shiver caught sight of Incubus' limp form. "Oh, my god!"

"Since when did we become judge, jury and executioner?" Ursa asked as he turned his gaze on the group, searching for support from his peers. "Scratch that, since when did we become coldblooded murderers?"

"Since these three were trying to do the same to us," Greystone said. "None of them had any trouble trying to gut us, incinerate us, or melt us with their bodily fluids while they laughed about casually murdering us simply because the Drifter had brought us here. They'd have done the same to us. Look at Maze! At Vestige! At Verve! Look at the Drifter! Those three bastards enjoyed doing it! They talked about being in other dimensions, and how others didn't measure up to them, what do you think they did to those people?!"

Imago cleared his throat. Brushing himself off, the Swiss teen stepped forward. "Look, I'm not someone who thinks of killing as a regular resort..." There was a grim look on his face. "Jack, was it? Keep doing what you were doing, to all three of them, because this isn't a little cut and dried, black and white, judge and jury thing, or cold blood.

"Did Liz even tell you the basics of what's going on here?" asked Imago.

"No, she didn't," said Greystone. "All our warning was her showing up, a bit of confusion because she didn't remember us while we did her, then we were here in the middle of this fuster cluck."

Felsic looked from Imago to Greystone. "You do this, and he's right: you are just like your father. He murdered Alina, and you're... You're supposed to be better than this!"

"I'm not going to expect you to understand my line of thought but now isn't the time to debate it. I don't plan on killing either one of them, unless they force the issue."

"Oh, for the bloody..." Imago was clearly loosing any semblance of patience. "You want to pretend you know what's 'right' when you have no idea what's going on, or how you're going to deal with them otherwise, or... you know, their other four buddies? Are you all going to play patron saint of luxuries that don't exist?"

"Do you really want me to answer that?" Greystone said calmly.

Felsic looked taken aback. That expression quickly gave way to hurt.

"No," Ursa said, rounding on Imago, "she didn't tell us that she was getting us into a turf-war between sociopaths who think nothing of executing the other guy after the dust had settled. She just appeared in our midst and whisked us into the middle of a battlefield. If some of us hadn't encountered her before..." He trailed off mid-sentence, exasperated.

Instead, he turned his focus to Greystone: "Come on, Jack... I stuck by you and Vlad--are you gonna just throw everything away? You gonna go back home and tell Lex he was right all along about everything? All on one word from this guy who we don't know from Adam, who hasn't told us anything about what's going on here? You know what Herta did and I f"#¤% go to school with her! Self-defense is one thing, but this?"

Greystone pointed to Incubus' corpse. "Do you seriously think that he'd not try to kill us the minute he woke up and got a chance?! He'd do it in a heartbeat. Yeah the other two are way younger than him--that's why I've not done anything to either of them. They can answer questions, and by letting them see we're just as serious as they are, we're likely to get straight answers from them."

"I'll walk right into the Headmaster's office and tell him what I did here once we're back home. I'm willing to take whatever punishment he deems necessary." The American looked Ursa straight in the eye. "But I won't stand here and debate the fact that piece of shit was going to kill most of us and torture the rest, for little else besides his own enjoyment. He said as much while we fought him and I didn't see any other choice."

"I'm not saying I like the look of these guys, but I don't consider 'why?' too much to ask."

Imago looked over the group. "Would you like me to explain it to you, or would you rather go on denouncing us?"

"Like I said," Greystone grumbled, "I don't plan on killing anyone else unless I have to."

Ursa eased up a bit. "If you're not going to go all Red Queen and scream, 'Off with their heads', I'm willing to listen." Not far off, the Drifter started to pick herself up off the ground. "I will be tending to our wounded while I do that, though."

Imago moved to help her, leaving Ursa to check on Beatrice. "Right. Our story begins with Moksha." The Swiss teen moved to help the Drifter sit up. "According to Liz, where she came from it ended with nukes raining down on the place. Rotten, but still better than what the international association of idiots in office did here. They went to the Aurelius, and apparently, all they could think of was 'super-magical sterilize everything.' Every Neo was turned sterile. Somehow, said bureaucrats did not consider how Neos worldwide would take a little thing like effective genocide. So, we got a race war after all. Messed up the world, but no more Neos. Now move ahead to today...

"Several days ago, we get one big-ass sci-fi ship in the sky. And turns out, it's called the Kurbash, and run by extra-dimensional SPB psychopaths. Our threesome here; the captain twins, Nocti and Tenebrae; Brimstone, and Eidolon. They fucked up the Vindies hard, and pretty took over the world, given that there wasn't anyone who could stop them. Regular executions of world leaders and all that jazz. Then the Vindicators come to me - given I'm pretty much the only one who could handle Eidolon's illusions. Also, Liz shows up. And about an hour ago, we went to Camp David over thisaway, to rescue the President. Except the trap.

"The Aurelius and his protege are dead. His mom, Warder, Bulwark--they're immortal Aesir, but they've been dragged off to unmentionable somewheres. Which means now there are no authorities that can handle these monsters. We're it. These three nearly killed half our new bunch, there are four more waiting. So, if somehow there's a worthwhile idea that can deal with them well and good without killing them, I'll consider it. But if you don't have any: I'm not going to risk my life, Liz's or this planet on fucking hangups."

A groan left Bile's lips as he started to regain consciousness. Greystone's eyes darted to the downed opponent then towards the other who seemed to still be out of it. Maybe Otso squeezed him a little to hard?

"I- right." Violet reached forward and sent a stream of ice over Bile, covering him in a layer a couple of inches, but doing as Greystone commanded.

"The other one will probably eat through that ice as soon as he wakes up," Felsic said, moving to Pyre's side. "In my magma form, there's no much he'll be able to do to me. He he so much as makes a spark, I'll change forms and hold him down.

"The thing is..." She looked at Imago. "I'm sorry, we don't even know your name. I'm Felsic, by the way."

Once she had his, she continued. "The thing is, Imago... you just said it yourself. Three Vindicators were captured and you don't know where they are... but these guys do. Good thing you didn't just kill the both of them like you wanted to, huh?"

"Kill?" Bile asked. "You don't have the-"

"Your friend with the wings is dead," Felsic growled. "We're pretty deadlocked on whether or not you should join him, so... you might want to avoid making any more enemies here."

VIENNA (Magnitude; NPCs: Napoleon)
                              <<"You're crazy...">> the prince said as they began to wait for the administrators.

Soon, Newton's voice cut across the intercom. "I'm here," he said. "What's going on?"
                              Armada Status

Comment

The Blue Knight

Gwyn held his claymore out in front of him, gazing at it. He saw nothing but blue, ephemeral. It wouldn't even be visible if it was dark, it shed no light, told him nothing. As usual since Paladin disappeared, he was out of his depth.

He looked at the boy from this world. "Eidolon does illusions, kay. What about the other three?"
                                [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Working...
                                X